Morals on, but neither team is holding back

NO BFR

Standard Gear

15 min prep

Who Wins?

#2 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers as usual.

#3 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

i am thinking the avengers are going to win. sue and wanda are going to be a deadly combo. both have blocked jean's powers before. and jean would be the x-men's biggest asset. is this current colossus? or normal colossus. if it is colossonaut i would be more willing to say x-men.

#4 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean could atomize them all....

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

OP said no Phoenix and no collossnaut

#6 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: without the phoenix? when has jean ever atomized someone sans phoenix force?

#7 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: Didn't see the op, the massive on take of pictures lessen it. To be fair, Jean is the Phoenix =P

#8 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: well yes. but there have been times in her life where she had no access to phoenix level abilities. like before the first time. and when she was in x-factor.

#9 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure but I think Iceman solo's

#10 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: true, but she essentially is the Pheonix, or it's main host. I'm not going to dwell on it's history, but I could see the X-men taking it, possibly.

#11 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goku1fan: how is he going to do anything to sue?

#12 Posted by PhoenixForce217 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

the avengers due to sue and wanda

#13 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy said:

@Goku1fan: how is he going to do anything to sue?

My bad I didn't see Sue

#14 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: i am kind of curious why the phoenix is wanting hope for a host. it could bring jean back to the physical plane anytime.

#15 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: She rejected it, she didn't want to be brought back, but instead focus on trying to find all the missing fragments of the Phoenix, which is so freaking ambiguous. The problem is idk why Jean didn't already come back and claim it. But it's ehhhh.

#16 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: true. is it just me or is bendis horrible at writing phoenix? i think this rampage is out of character. i don't remember the phoenix being all destructive unless having a host and being affected by it's emotions. or at the very least copying jean and having her emotions.

#17 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: Omg don't get me started, the whole AvX event is so stupid, they played Logan down, he's suppose to know what the Phoenix is yet he describes it the same as Tony and Steve. As a freaking parasite that destroys crabs for fun! And all the characters are being part of PIS and CIS. Though I'm just waiting to see how Magik vs. Dr. Strange will turn out.

#18 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: that would be a good fight. and i am kind of annoyed how the fights have gone.

#19 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: Same here. Doctor Strange could of effectively taken them all done, or Storm, and countless of other mutants as well.

#20 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: and i personally think if iron man can beat magneto by himself the other avengers need to retire.

#21 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: agree, soon there'll start needing to look for new jobs. I bet you five dollar Squirrel Girl gonna join the circus and use all her money on hoarding nuts. =]

#22 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix: lol.

#23 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers
#24 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Scarlet Witch's powers like now? She's the only question mark for me. Barring her outrageous reality warping power levels, I can see the X-Men really holding their own. Sue can be broken given enough pressure and Bobby's really starting to show crazy feats of late ...

#25 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: who in the x-men is powerful enough to break sue's shield? i don't see anybody there. and wanda has her hex powers (probability control) and her magic that she learned from agatha harkness.

#26 Edited by chiq (2022 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Sue or Wanda take out Iceman? How is iceman vs magic?

#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Avengers as usual.

#28 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: I don't see Bobby having a problem with Sue's shield..He can use his powers to affect her body directly..without having to even breach the shield, his powers should be able to simply by-pass it sense his powers don't require a medium to travel through...

#29 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY: i don't buy that at all. i would require some proof on that one.

#30 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goku1fan: Really?Rouge with ms Marvel powers?

#31 Edited by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: I don't understand..what don't you buy??

if it's about the shield thing.. Bobby's powers does not require a medium or ice/water projectile to work..he psionically activates his powers reaching out with his mind and manipulates the molecular movement/speed of molecules, he would freeze every single molecule in sue's body, from the inside out...he wouldn't need to affect her force-field...or drop the temperature withing the shield..he can also, transfer his entire consciousness into the water in her body. Sue's field fends off attacks, it does nothing to prevent iceman's manipulation of molecules within her body, which is in her force field..look at what he's doing to Emma

bobby doesn't even have to look/concentrate on Emma...there's no form of physical contact between the two characters.. he thinks and it happens (he's affecting her body from the inside out) without a medium

Sue's shields will probably protect her from an ice beam or a ice projectile since it's all physical, but if Iceman affects her molecules in her body or shield directly, there's nothing for her shields to you know...shield lol ;D

#32 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY: wrong. sue's shield has prevented both molecule man and sersi from maniipulating sue's molecules and prevented jean's tk from affecting her. i doubt iceman will do better.

#33 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@charlieboy: i see..hmm it can possibly be a stalemate then

#34 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY: i don't really see it being a stalemate. sue can trap iceman or wanda can make him turn human and anybody can knock him out.

#35 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue's shields are directly related to her force of will which can, indeed, be taxed. How often have we seen her with her forehead beaded in sweat, furrowed in consternation, claiming she can barely hold on? Heck, even when Spidey, Logan, Hulk and Ghostrider were sitting in as the FF for a spell, something as innocuous as Wolverine's adamantium laced berserker rage caused her pause ... she was saved by the Thing's intervention (costing him his good looks). Her shields can be taxed and are far from infallible. Were morals off, then Sue and her power are to be feared indeed. And Wanda doesn't impress of late. In AvX (shudders) she was having a hard time with Modok and his minions. I think a morals on Witch will be tame as she is still unsure of herself and dealing with a lot of personal crap that would (and has) inhibit her performance quite a bit.

#36 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the X-men can take a majority, mainly due to Jean and Rogue. With prep I see some tactical advantages the X-Men would exploit (i.e. - Rogue copying powers to double up on the telepathic/telekinetic/strength power, Jean turning the Avenger's against each other, etc.).

#37 Posted by Dilutedseid (22 posts) - - Show Bio

A bloodlusted Sue Storm with PIS off can solo

Her shields have taken blows from an enraged Hulk, none of the Xmen hit this hard