Posted by Captainamerica119 (205 posts) 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: X-men VS. The Justice League of America (31 votes)

X-men (Original including Wolverine and Rouge) 29%
Original JLA 58%
Avengers from first 20 issues 13%
#1 Posted by Captainamerica119 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I should have put the Avengers in the title

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2496 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with the JLA.

#3 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainamerica119: so it's

vs

vs

?

that hardly seems fair for the X-men, though. Why don't they have Havok or Polaris or Storm?

#4 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I suppose he did appear in #10, when Immortus summoned him to fight Thor, so it could be an easy mistake to make.

#9 Posted by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: The JLA has the Flash and Supes. To say it is competition for second place is an understatement by a mile.

#10 Posted by GonnaRain (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version of Jean are we using? Because it could very well change everything.

#11 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman can just freeze the atoms in the other teams. No contest.

#12 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: read my comment above. Iceman could stop all atomic movement. Killing flash and supes. Plus Wolverine and Iceman are immortals

#13 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainamerica119: This really is an unfair match... at least match them power-wise if you are gonna do a huge team brawl!

#14 Edited by w0nd (4534 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

there is a reason that when he is fighting the fight isn't over in like 2 seconds...it's because he's a damn fool and doesn't utilize his powers the way you and I would if we were in his shoes.

Wolverine isn't immortal, he recently agreed to kill himself because two of them couldn't exist, he knows how to kill himself. and daken knows how to kill him. Wolverine and also be killed by drowning (wolverine origins the comic not the movie), or I assume being hurled into space which superman could easily do.

#15 Posted by thebatman98 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366:

He wouldn't be fast enough to freeze flash and supes at the same time though.They can just can just double team Iceman and supes can use his heat vision on him because Iceman kinda has a weakness to heat.So I think the x-men lose first then it comes down to the avengers and the JLA which I think the JLA would win.

#16 Edited by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366:

What? Flash beats Captain Cold and he goes down to 0 degrees. That doesn't make any sense. And superman can just use heat vision.

#17 Posted by TheCitizenXVIII (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Really, any fight with a Kryptonian in it is decided before it begins.

Or, Jean and Xavier make Superman beat his own team then put him in a coma.

#18 Edited by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: Two things. 1, I need a citation of an issue where 616 Bobby Drake employs this power. 2, Flash and Supes can think FASTER than Bobby can thus actually move prior to his action. Should they prove quick enough Clark and Barry kill him twice before he could start any attack. Just saying...

#20 Posted by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: Sorry Dman, none of this corroborates your conclusion. I want something that implicitly states he can control molecular movement to a degree where it stops. " Iceman could stop all atomic movement", show me this and I will agree with your assessment. (BTW, saying "#dealwithit" is unnecessary and hurts your argument, just saying...)

I look forward to your reply.

#21 Edited by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Have you taken thermodynamics? or any Chemistry class? Freezing anything, not to mention bring an area to absolute zero, is stopping atomic motion. The fact that he states the you will have to drink oxygen implies that he is stopping the motion of the electrons that bond the hydrogen and oxygen atoms.

#22 Posted by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366:

And how is this working on the Flash again? Or even Superman for that matter?

#23 Posted by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: Wow, you are incredibly rude. I've been nothing but nice you too, so allow me to retort, in a ironic manner. Have you taken an english class? " I want something that implicitly states he can control molecular movement to a degree where it stops" is precisely what I said. Meaning I want EXACT verbiage that states 616 Robert Drake's upper limit is inclusive to this degree, can you make this appear or not?

#24 Posted by dondave (39689 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA ftw

#25 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: @wardemon32: Stoping their atomic motion will stop neurons from firing in their brain; while simultaneously destroying the myelin sheeth and the axon; this, undoubtedly, will result in death.

to chasereis. I am sorry if a came off as pretentious or rude, you don't deserve to be attacked; it was my fault for being a pretentious condescending bully. I think the statement I was trying to say, is that he continuously drop things to absolute zero, http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/308/2843687-ucx_0012.jpg. The definition of absolute zero is as follows: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_zero. So by saying, constantly, the he drops things to absolute zero is the same thing as saying that he is stopping all entropy, which includes atomic motion. Again, sorry for being rude.

#26 Posted by Dratini1331 (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Absolute Zero is the answer to what you're asking for. 0 degrees kelvin (-273 Celsius) is the temperature at which all atomic movement stops, or rather the temperature at which there is no energy. I have no idea about the 616 part, but that's why he's answering with "absolute zero".

@dman1366: Even assuming that scan is valid in argument, It takes him quite a while to get there, over the coarse of a few seconds at least. He's out like a light long before that. Flash could take out every X-man in under a second. Next off, Heat Vision is not the same as fire. Fire is just general radiation, and a very low level of it at that. Heat Vision is super concentrated radiation that has managed to heat the earth out of a an ice age. It's the difference between a camp fire and the THEL. Iceman should just die to HV.

#27 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: This is all assuming that Iceman taps into his Omega potential. But aren't there atleast 4 immortals in this fight? Iceman, Wolverine, Superman, and Hulk? And another thing, could scarlet witch say no more X-Men and JLA?

#28 Edited by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366:

Stoping their atomic motion will stop neurons from firing in their brain; while simultaneously destroying the myelin sheeth and the axon; this, undoubtedly, will result in death.

So you're saying this based off of him making everything around him drop to zero when Flash can run in that type of temperture? Once you freeze someone you're stopping their motion but Superman is still able to use his heat vision. Even if; how is he going to stop someone who is already in motion while moving at the speed of light?

Oh yea and Supermans heat vision is as hot as the sun

And Flash can do the same if he stole all the energy inside of Ice Man.

#29 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: No, you misunderstand. There is NO entropy at absolute zero. So there is no energy for Flash to steal. The atoms that make up superman's heat vision couldn't move. The only reason why iceman can move is because he can make all of his atomic structure at absolute zero and the proceed to move through the molecules (see Age of Apocalypse with Iceman as the villain). Again, this is assuming that Iceman would do such a thing, but its not like it matters. All of this is make believe, and I am taking it way to seriously.

#30 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@dman1366 said:

there is a reason that when he is fighting the fight isn't over in like 2 seconds...it's because he's a damn fool and doesn't utilize his powers the way you and I would if we were in his shoes.

Wolverine isn't immortal, he recently agreed to kill himself because two of them couldn't exist, he knows how to kill himself. and daken knows how to kill him. Wolverine and also be killed by drowning (wolverine origins the comic not the movie), or I assume being hurled into space which superman could easily do.

he says it best why Iceman would lose.

#31 Edited by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Thanks Dratini, actually I just wanted to see something from (a/some) 616 comic that states in text that Bobby's limit is halting of all motion on a atomic level. Also I am pretty well versed in everything from intermediate physics to the more sketchy stuff like armchair temporal mechanics. One of my favorite first cousins has a Physics Major from MIT, but he is kind of twisted up on decent comics. He abhors Scott Snyder. Ah, sorry got off track, anyway thanks Dratini. Dont wait until your a Dragonite before we speak again. Lol.

@dman1366: Apology accepted, I know how it is to be passionate about something. I commend your zeal even if he execution was "flawed". That scan is a lot closer to what I was asking for. I accept your reasoning; however I still think that the speed of thought to execution will be ultimate determining factor. Remember that Flash can think at the same speed he can run and Kryptonian brains are far faster than a normal humans. Based on the scan, Bobby has to the power to kill them both to be certain, but in the end I think it will be a measure of who's attack lands first as I cannot recall a single instance of Bobby functional speed exceeding Clark or Barry's. That was where I was going. Whomever strikes true first will be the winner, but now should Bobby perform a preemptive attack he would be the clear winner.

#32 Posted by Sylvain (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#33 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: I completely agree. I may not like MOST of DC characters, but Flash is one of the ones I love because of his thinking/learning speed. I think that both Superman and Flash have a leg up on all the heroes, with the exception of Xavier and Phoenix, in that regard. I also understand that Bobby is way too light-hearted to just kill everyone, except in this new Astonishing X-Men arc where he is bringing on the apocalypse. Your last statement hits the nail on the head, who ever does strike first is the winner.

#34 Edited by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: It is a challenge with heavy hitters like that. Sooner or later you left with a barren fractured planet or a DBZ filler episode, lol.

#35 Edited by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Shit! I forgot about DBZ, is it too late to change my vote to Gogeta SS4?

#36 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: I don't remember the OP saying they had Phoenix. As for the Witch she only was able to do that because she was harnessing the power of the life entity. A power that Dr. Doom said was more powerful than the beyonder.

#37 Posted by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: *sigh* ...at this point I'm expecting someone say the Chojin from the Legend of the Overfiend at this point.

#38 Posted by Dman1366 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: Hahaha I was just joking. Back in the day, the devs used to get mad about everyone using Gogeta as an end-all-be-all.

#39 Posted by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: Actually I would put Gogeta vs the entire Marvel Universe and DC universe at the same time while making a sandwich. FTW and the mods knew it.

#40 Posted by Dratini1331 (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: lol no problem, was just making sure everyone was on the same page ^.^

@dman1366: Iceman and Superman are immortal? I wasn't aware. SW 616 isn't as strong as the HoM version, and even if she were, Flash is faster than thought, so he should KO all possible targets in under a second. The ones that survive get thrown into space by Superman. Also, is SW even on 616 Xmen? I honestly have no idea. I'm just hedging on Flash cause flash is just the best. ^.^