• 128 results
#1 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Who win? Superman
#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Define X-Men.

#3 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

superman in a stomp, only hope is mind rape but i doubt they will get the chance to
#4 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

U CAN'T BE SERIOUS?
#5 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"Define X-Men. "

lol at what hope do they ave :P
#6 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Even if they try to "mind rape him" he knows a Kryptonian warrior art that allows him to fight on a mental realm. He can basically fight telepaths in short.

#7 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Define X-Men. "
lol at what hope do they ave :P "

If they have Jean, Rachel, Emma, Psylocke, and Professor X as part of the lineup, they have plenty of chances.  Bishop and Strong Guy, too.
#8 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them can react to Superman's speed. Without CIS to hold Sups back he could, and would take out the X-Men before they could react.

#9 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"None of them can react to Superman's speed. Without CIS to hold Sups back he could, and would take out the X-Men before they could react. "

thats my point
#10 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" None of them can react to Superman's speed. Without CIS to hold Sups back he could, and would take out the X-Men before they could react. "

Northstar.
#11 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Define X-Men. "
lol at what hope do they ave :P "
 If they have Jean, Rachel, Emma, Psylocke, and Professor X as part of the lineup, they have plenty of chances.  Bishop and Strong Guy, too. "

like gambler said they will not get the chance and he also has traning to battle on a mental realm
#12 Posted by JThree47693 (2538 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"Superman. Even if they try to "mind rape him" he knows a Kryptonian warrior art that allows him to fight on a mental realm. He can basically fight telepaths in short. "

Superman is such a cheap character
#13 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesn't mean much if there's two Phoenixes in the lineup.

But none of that really matters because we don't even know which X-Men are in this fight.  And if it's all of the X-Men who have ever been on the team, then there's no way in hell Superman would get through all of them.

#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" But none of that really matters because we don't even know which X-Men are in this fight.  "
Seriously.

Define the freaking X-Men.
#15 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @Gambler said:
" None of them can react to Superman's speed. Without CIS to hold Sups back he could, and would take out the X-Men before they could react. "
 Northstar. "
Interesting choice but Northstar barely reaches lightspeed, Superman can go beyond it. But for the sake of argument, say Northstar is as fast as Superman. What is he going to do? If he tried to stop Superman at full speed he'd explode on impact lmao

@JThree47693 said:
" @Gambler said:
"Superman. Even if they try to "mind rape him" he knows a Kryptonian warrior art that allows him to fight on a mental realm. He can basically fight telepaths in short. "
Superman is such a cheap character "
I like his comics but I dont know what people use him in battles. He can do just about everything, and on a level few can match.

#16 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

the only threat is phoenix, everyone else is irrelevent
#17 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
" @Gambler said:
 Northstar. "
Interesting choice but Northstar barely reaches lightspeed, Superman can go beyond it. But for the sake of argument, say Northstar is as fast as Superman. What is he going to do? If he tried to stop Superman at full speed he'd explode on impact lmao

Yeah, Northstar barely reaches lightspeed, but that's all that's needed since Superman only reaches FTL speeds in environments without an atmosphere.  So Northstar would be able to keep up with him.  And then there's the fact that Northstar gets more durable the faster he moves, I think he could run with Superman for a moment as a distraction for a team.

But that doesn't matter either since we have no roster, and if we use every person who's ever been on an X-Men team, then this fight would be ridiculously one sided.
#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"  Yeah, Northstar barely reaches lightspeed, but that's all that's needed since Superman only reaches FTL speeds in environments without an atmosphere.  So Northstar would be able to keep up with him.  And then there's the fact that Northstar gets more durable the faster he moves, I think he could run with Superman for a moment as a distraction for a team.  But that doesn't matter either since we have no roster, and if we use every person who's ever been on an X-Men team, then this fight would be ridiculously one sided. "
And that's where the PIS comes in. But since this is a battle thread, Superman isn't restrained or holding back :) So him not going past light speed in Earth's atmosphere PIS has been removed lol. Northstar's durability would amount to wet toilet paper to Superman. Like the post above said, the Phoenix is the only chance the X-Men have.
#19 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
"  Yeah, Northstar barely reaches lightspeed, but that's all that's needed since Superman only reaches FTL speeds in environments without an atmosphere.  So Northstar would be able to keep up with him.  And then there's the fact that Northstar gets more durable the faster he moves, I think he could run with Superman for a moment as a distraction for a team.  But that doesn't matter either since we have no roster, and if we use every person who's ever been on an X-Men team, then this fight would be ridiculously one sided. "
And that's where the PIS comes in. But since this is a battle thread, Superman isn't restrained or holding back :) So him not going past light speed in Earth's atmosphere PIS has been removed lol. Northstar's durability would amount to wet toilet paper to Superman. Like the post above said, the Phoenix is the only chance the X-Men have. "

does the pheonix count as x-men though or does in fall under the force team with the other hosts?
#20 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000:
phoenix was part of the x-man so it should count but not in this battle
#21 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
And that's where the PIS comes in. But since this is a battle thread, Superman isn't restrained or holding back :) So him not going past light speed in Earth's atmosphere PIS has been removed lol. Northstar's durability would amount to wet toilet paper to Superman. Like the post above said, the Phoenix is the only chance the X-Men have. "

Since nothing is defined, I'm going under the assumption that CIS is applied, which means Superman wouldn't exceed light speed.  Otherwise, you're right. 
#22 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Superman stands still and Xavier is allowed get a telepathic shot off
then Superman will overpower and blitz them so bad

Xmen get owned, Superman stomps

#23 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @Gambler said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
 Since nothing is defined, I'm going under the assumption that CIS is applied, which means Superman wouldn't exceed light speed.  Otherwise, you're right.  "
Unless defined otherwise in the OP CIS and PIS are always turned off. Its in the Battle Forum guidelines :)
#24 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman would win here... if he is going all out
#25 Posted by Winduizcool (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say Superman considering Hulk has beaten the x-men and so can he.
#26 Posted by young ghost (151 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"superman in a stomp, only hope is mind rape but i doubt they will get the chance to "

if u count phoenix than super man doesnt have a chance
#27 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@Winduizcool said:
"I'm going to say Superman considering Hulk has beaten the x-men and so can he. "
#28 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez you people are dumb these days when I say X-Men i mean the whole f****** team!  If i said only a few memebrs i would of said for example Cyclops, Jean, Rogue vs. Superman. Did i say that? No i said X-men vs. Superman.
#29 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

" @ThanosIsMad said:

" @Gambler said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
 Since nothing is defined, I'm going under the assumption that CIS is applied, which means Superman wouldn't exceed light speed.  Otherwise, you're right.  "
Unless defined otherwise in the OP CIS and PIS are always turned off. Its in the Battle Forum guidelines :) "
The rules say that unless defined, CIS is on.

" When these things are left out it’s generally assumed that characters are fighting to the best of their ability but still within the limits of their personality"

That means while Superman is looking to dispatch his opponents, he's not going to go willy nilly and let everything be destroyed in the process, which also means no going FTL in an atmosphere.
#30 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad: 

PIS and CIS

These are terms commonly used on battle forums on other sites and most of us know what they mean. For those who don’t, PIS is “plot induced stupidity” and CIS is “character induced stupidity”. PIS/”jobbing” is when a character loses for the sake of plot despite the fact that they should be able to win. CIS is when a character loses because an aspect of the character (usually a lack of intelligence) gets in his own way. Superman losing to Batman would be PIS is most cases since Superman is perfectly capable of beating Batman in a number of ways before he can react. Sandman losing to Spider-Man is CIS because Sandman isn’t all that smart so Spider-Man, who is less powerful and should be easy to beat, can outsmart him and find victory.

Determining what is done for the plot and what is done because of the characters involved can be hard for some people. Superman is a prime case. In comics, Superman rarely uses his speed offensively. This is done for plot, to prolong the story and make it interesting (though it can also be said that it's a part of his character and not done solely because it benefits the story). In comics, Superman doesn’t kill. He does not spare his enemies because of the plot, he spares them because it’s part of his character not to kill thanks to how he was raised. In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS, so Superman uses his speed but generally doesn’t kill unless otherwise stated. (“Bloodlust”)

This kind of gets into “bad writing”. It’s a term that gets thrown around a lot but one I don’t think always applies. Not every fight where the more powerful/capable character loses is bad writing. Situations can determine the winner just as much as the characters themselves so those should be taken into account before judging if a win “should” have happened or not.

#31 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" Jeez you people are dumb these days when I say X-Men i mean the whole f****** team!  If i said only a few memebrs i would of said for example Cyclops, Jean, Rogue vs. Superman. Did i say that? No i said X-men vs. Superman. "
Well, the current team? And which version? Dark X-Men with Emma and company? the outlaw Cyclops led X-Men? I mean be specific when you make a battle thread cause its not like theres only one X-Men team to pick from ;)
#32 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" Jeez you people are dumb these days when I say X-Men i mean the whole f****** team!  If i said only a few memebrs i would of said for example Cyclops, Jean, Rogue vs. Superman. Did i say that? No i said X-men vs. Superman. "
There's several teams of X-Men.  Uncanny, Astonishing, Young, X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, Dark X-Men, so on and so forth. 

Be specific.
#33 Posted by Aronmorales (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's on the X-men?
Humh, guess we pick ourselves...

another question: can Wolverine's adamantium claws pierce Superman?

#34 Posted by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales: Yes, but Wolverine would need super strength in order to do it.
#35 Posted by Aronmorales (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah.

#36 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGuy said:
" @Aronmorales: Yes, but Wolverine would need super strength in order to do it. "

He does have super strength, but not enough to stab him, IMO.  He could probably cut him a bit, though.  Surface wounds, but nothing serious.
#37 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @ThanosIsMad: 

PIS and CIS

These are terms commonly used on battle forums on other sites and most of us know what they mean. For those who don’t, PIS is “plot induced stupidity” and CIS is “character induced stupidity”. PIS/”jobbing” is when a character loses for the sake of plot despite the fact that they should be able to win. CIS is when a character loses because an aspect of the character (usually a lack of intelligence) gets in his own way. Superman losing to Batman would be PIS is most cases since Superman is perfectly capable of beating Batman in a number of ways before he can react. Sandman losing to Spider-Man is CIS because Sandman isn’t all that smart so Spider-Man, who is less powerful and should be easy to beat, can outsmart him and find victory.

Determining what is done for the plot and what is done because of the characters involved can be hard for some people. Superman is a prime case. In comics, Superman rarely uses his speed offensively. This is done for plot, to prolong the story and make it interesting (though it can also be said that it's a part of his character and not done solely because it benefits the story). In comics, Superman doesn’t kill. He does not spare his enemies because of the plot, he spares them because it’s part of his character not to kill thanks to how he was raised. In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS, so Superman uses his speed but generally doesn’t kill unless otherwise stated. (“Bloodlust”)

This kind of gets into “bad writing”. It’s a term that gets thrown around a lot but one I don’t think always applies. Not every fight where the more powerful/capable character loses is bad writing. Situations can determine the winner just as much as the characters themselves so those should be taken into account before judging if a win “should” have happened or not.

"
Nice, TY.
#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Pheonix.

#39 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14430 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGuy:  fast ball special for the strenght but that would only work if superman didnt see it coming lol , and iam sure the person who posted this he stated that all xmen teasm and roster are involved so i say phoenix wins it for um
#40 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Just forget about this tread then people its dumb sorry.

#41 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Whos on this roster

#42 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Superman. Even if they try to "mind rape him" he knows a Kryptonian warrior art that allows him to fight on a mental realm. He can basically fight telepaths in short. "
FAIL 

*where's my face palm pic gone?*

Phoenix blinks, Superdickery dies. The fanboys can whine all they want, that's the way it would go down unless the crossover was a popularity contest.
#43 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

A weak team Superman can speed blitz, a team with heavy hitters like Phoenix or Godlike Cable Superman is done
#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@TruePwnge said:

" Unless Superman stands still and Xavier is allowed get a telepathic shot off then Superman will overpower and blitz them so bad  Xmen get owned, Superman stomps "

@TruePwnge said:
" @Gambler said:
" Superman. Even if they try to "mind rape him" he knows a Kryptonian warrior art that allows him to fight on a mental realm. He can basically fight telepaths in short. "
FAIL   *where's my face palm pic gone?* Phoenix blinks, Superdickery dies. The fanboys can whine all they want, that's the way it would go down unless the crossover was a popularity contest. "
LMAO.
#45 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio
Rich coming from the moron who thinks Jobbersied can beat Saint of Killers

Let me spell it out for you AtPhantom

1 Superman can beat a low powered X-men roster, even Johnny Nemesis is smart enough to ask "Whos on this Roster", he operates at light speed and can break a Moon so he outclasses anything the Xmen do, Wolverine, Colossus, Xavier all get over powered
 However there are version that can stomp Superman, god-like Cable, Phoneix etc 

2 Gambler is arguing some kind of telepathic Kryptonian warrior mental arts angle. 
This is absolute BS and fanboyism 

The Darkseid fanboyism, DBZ fanboyism and superdickery fanboyism at this site has made the vine battles the laughing stock across the internet, at least the vine has got rid of the Hulk fans but there still is a pest control problem here. Sometimes some of the Mods might actually have helped fuel this fanboy problem. Especially with any of their Superman vs Phoneix or DBZ vs Galactus threads.
#46 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"2 Gambler is arguing some kind of telepathic Kryptonian warrior mental arts angle.  This is absolute BS and fanboyism    "
It's not BS, It's called Torasqm Vo, and it does exist:

And as for you calling us fanboys, given that it's coming from someone so utterly devoid of even basic logic, I'll take it as a compliment.
#47 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes owns here, and some people can't even read his mind or have trouble...
#48 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

No Roster List from the X-Men and no time line...
X-Men win this fight. (come on people... there are alot of them and some are really heavy hitters and can even destroy universes)

Phoenix, X-Man, Rachel Grey and Cable...i guess even with a telepathic training...he can't possible definite all of this high caliber telepaths plus one being the nexus of all psionic energies of the Marvel Universe.

Magneto and Vulcan was also part of the X-Men... 
Polaris, Juggernaut, Magik, Havok, Gaia and  Goblin Queen. 

Superman may defeat most X-Men with his strength and speed but there will be a few that can rise up and defeat him.

#49 Posted by randumo24 (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course X-Men, anybody who thinks Superman can beat Phoenix is crazy
#50 Posted by Racer_X (663 posts) - - Show Bio
@randumo24 said:
" Of course X-Men, anybody who thinks Superman can beat Phoenix is crazy "
if its green phoenix then superman would defeat her easy