X-Men vs Spider-Man Villains (movie versions)

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Poll X-Men vs Spider-Man Villains (movie versions) (30 votes)

X-Men 67%
Spider-Man Villains 33%
Storm, Wolverine, Jean Grey, and Cyclops
Storm, Wolverine, Jean Grey, and Cyclops

vs

Green Goblin
Green Goblin
Doctor Octopus
Doctor Octopus
Sandman
Sandman
Venom
Venom

Fight until death or incapacitation

No winning by bfr but the fight can be taken to other places

No prep

Standard gear

No Phoenix

X-Men start on 1st level, villains one above

Just a few feats:

• 
Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spider-Man Villains.

Goblin shoots Storm before she can conjure a thunderbolt.

Sandman drowns Grey.

Ock beats Logan senseless.

Venom closes the distance and beats Cyke.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man Villains.

Goblin shoots Storm before she can conjure a thunderbolt.

Sandman drowns Grey.

Ock beats Logan senseless.

Venom closes the distance and beats Cyke.

Hmm . . . Alright, but how does Ock beat Logan? And easily for that matter?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

None of these guys are putting down Sandman. Villain Team, easily.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

What? All they need is a little rain from Storm and he's goop...

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got the X-Men.

Cyke can just blast Goblin out of the sky. Wolverine rips Doc Ock's arms to pieces and stabs him. Spidey beat Sandman with some Water, so I think Storm's got him covered. As for Venom, I think the 4 of them can come up with something.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Very good point

Take out the best asset

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the X-Men.

Cyke can just blast Goblin out of the sky. Wolverine rips Doc Ock's arms to pieces and stabs him. Spidey beat Sandman with some Water, so I think Storm's got him covered. As for Venom, I think the 4 of them can come up with something.

Good points

Makes sense

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably the X-Men.

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is kind of useless here but the rest of the X-Men should pull off a win.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MAZAHS117

Storm might be able to solo this

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is kind of useless here but the rest of the X-Men should pull off a win.

Wolverine . . . Wolverine is useless? Not Jean Grey or Cyclops but Wolverine? How?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm might be able to solo this

Interesting . . . How?

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as team protects Storm before she takes out Sandman, then X Men.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Not really. It took Sandman being submerged in water and flushed down into the sewer to take him out of commission for a moment, and he still came back just as strong.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@storm_calling said:
@farkam said:

Not really. It took Sandman being submerged in water and flushed down into the sewer to take him out of commission for a moment, and he still came back just as strong.

Yeah but Storm brings in a torrential rain storm and he's basically out of commission, espesically if Cyke blasts him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:
@farkam said:
@storm_calling said:
@farkam said:

Yeah but Storm brings in a torrential rain storm and he's basically out of commission, espesically if Cyke blasts him

Yeah and the other villains are just going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs while Storm does this.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheSilentRipper

@farkam said:
@depinhom said:
@farkam said:
@storm_calling said:
@farkam said:

Yeah and the other villains are just going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs while Storm does this.

Yeah and the other X Men are just going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs while they try to attack Storm.

NotoriousLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men win everytime as long as Storm is here

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: @peterparkerjr:

I don't remember DOFP off the dome, but it always took Storm a few seconds in movies to conjure up her powers. It wasn't like, point and BOOM, lightning or hurricane wind/rain. It was like, roll her eyes back for 14 mins while making it and then it happened. In this time, Goblin could've shot a few explosives at her exposed body. She's dead.

Cyke could potentially counter this, but Venom could also be closing the gap on the ground. Or Sandman. Or Ock. The latter two could be throwing large forms of debris, on which Cyke would need to focus on.

Ock had reflexes that were catching Pete. Pete, who had his Spidey Sense, and displayed much faster H2H feats than Logan. Wolverine would lucky to slice one tentacle. But all 4? No way. If Spider-Man struggled, Hughverine isn't doing much better. And once he's grabbed, be it a foot or an arm, Ock can beat him senseless like Hulk did Loki in the Avengers movie. He was KO'd by being thrown into a tree by Mag's in X3- shouldn't take long.

Jean isn't stopping Sandman. He can surround her and drown her. Without the Phoenix, she dies, horribly.

If Storm's powers were instantaneous (like I'm guessing they were in comics), and she focused immediately on Sandman, then yeah, they could win. Because once he's out, Jean could use TP to hold Ock in place for Logan. Storm could then rip the symbiote from Brock with tornado winds. Goblin could be shot by Cyke (still 50/50, because he'd probably hit him with a bomb too, but Gobs isn't winning against Storm, Logan and Grey without the rest).

But in movie land, Spider-Man villains have this.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

X-men win everytime as long as Storm is here

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@depinhom said:
@farkam said:
@storm_calling said:
@farkam said:

Yeah and the other X Men are just going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs while they try to attack Storm.

Haha

Exactly

AlphaAboveAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there any other weakness for Sandman other than water? And I can see X-Men actually winning this, fairly though. Depends if the team uses their tactics well.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men with storm and Cyclops being mvp's

Really? Cyclops MVP?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there any other weakness for Sandman other than water? And I can see X-Men actually winning this, fairly though. Depends if the team uses their tactics well.

I'm sure the optic blast can do some damage

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined:

Wolverine would go head to head with Venom and probably end in decapitation by Logan

Storm would destroy Sandman with endless Tornado and Lighting storms

Cyclops would probably fight Doc I'm, I personally think Cyclops just obliterates him, but Doc Ock is pretty smart and those mechanical arms are no joke. 50/50

Jean Grey just goes Phoenix all over Green Goblin's ass, enough said... X-Men for the win

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesilentripper:

At the start of the match, what's gonna happen?

Wolverine, Cyke and Grey are gonna charge (the latter two may move slower as they scout what their opponents are doing and act accordingly with their powers), whilst Ock, Venom and Sandman charge.

Now, as Storm levitates, Goblin will also take flight, thus them kinda singling each other out. Because it's movie Storm, it still may take a few seconds to come up with something, giving Gobs enough time to shoot her. I can't recall if he had automatic weapons or not. If so, it'd be POS that she doesn't get shot by SOMETHING. I know he had more than just hand thrown projectiles, so in the time it takes her to summon the winds or lightning (doesn't have to be dramatically long, but if it's 3-5 seconds, that's all it may take, depending on their starting distance to get shot or blown up)

Of course Cyke or Grey could counter this, depending on what their focused on, but again, Venom and Sandman can move, with the latter growing to tremendous size. We can argue back and forth all day, but completely disregarding the fact that there's a huge sand monster (and nasty looking alien thingie) charging at them, for the sake that they'll somehow know Storm will need help, to one shot or TP Gobs doesn't sound right to either.

Picture it yourself. If you were with 3 friends going against four foes, and your flying friend took to the sky to combat their flying friend, whilst mutating beasts were charging at you, would you instinctively think to check on your friend's status, or would you be prepping against just what the hell you're gonna do against the threats coming at you? You may glance up if you hear gunshots and bombs and take a shot or two, there's also that flying car or sand-made weapon coming at you too. Honorable of you (or Cyke/Jean) to sacrifice yourself to attempt to help your friend, but it doesn't mean you'll be on time to, and it definitely doesn't mean even if you do, that you (Grey and/or Cyke) won't be killed in the process.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dre_Savage

@gingerpenny: @depinhom:

Dep, they may blow holes in him, but he'll reform.

Ginger, it says no Phoenix. Also, Storm took a minute to develop those tornados, of which, they'd kill her team too. But again, Goblin flies. I guess if he's in range of Grey, he can be knocked off, but he doesn't need to make contact with Storm to kill her. His bombs were keeping Spider-Man on the run, who is 50 times more agile and a harder target than a levitating Storm. One or two explosions near her, and she's dead.

Cyke then becomes the only chance, but again, with Sandman, he's going down.

I'd back Sandy and Gobs over Storm and Cyke any day of the week.

Ock/Venom and Wolverine/Grey aren't going to be super effective here, so they can cancel each other out.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom:

Yes. Even though we didn't get to see him be a bad ass in the movies he still has potential to be a bad ass. I can see Cyclops taking down Goblin and Doc Ock from a distance easy.

Yeah, that makes sense

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage:

I don't remember DOFP off the dome, but it always took Storm a few seconds in movies to conjure up her powers. It wasn't like, point and BOOM, lightning or hurricane wind/rain. It was like, roll her eyes back for 14 mins while making it and then it happened.

I know the 14 minutes is an exaggeration, but Storm has used her powers without needed to charge up before:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Cyke could potentially counter this, but Venom could also be closing the gap on the ground. Or Sandman. Or Ock. The latter two could be throwing large forms of debris, on which Cyke would need to focus on.

Cyclops could shoot them down, yes. We've seen him fire off shots quickly before:

No Caption Provided

It's sped up a little, but it's the best I could find. Now can he do this but with higher level blasts? Maybe, maybe not. He's not going to be blowing anything car-sized up, but then again there's not much to throw in an office building (the OP set up the battle where the X-Men start a floor below the villains already inside of a building).

Ock had reflexes that were catching Pete. Pete, who had his Spidey Sense, and displayed much faster H2H feats than Logan. Wolverine would lucky to slice one tentacle. But all 4? No way. If Spider-Man struggled, Hughverine isn't doing much better. And once he's grabbed, be it a foot or an arm, Ock can beat him senseless like Hulk did Loki in the Avengers movie. He was KO'd by being thrown into a tree by Mag's in X3- shouldn't take long.

Logan was shot backwards a fairly long way, crashed into a tree (a redwood from the looks of it), and hit every branch on the way down. Redwood trees can grow as high as 360 feet, and although Wolverine didn't hit the top of it, that's still over a hundred feet he dropped, hitting branches on the way.

Now Wolverine might not be able to beat Ock by himself, but Ock isn't going to survive a lightning bolt from Storm or an optic blast from Cyclops. Jean could just pin his arms to the wall of just plaster Ock against a wall and allow either of the mutants I mentioned above to take him out.

Wolverine, Cyke and Grey are gonna charge (the latter two may move slower as they scout what their opponents are doing and act accordingly with their powers), whilst Ock, Venom and Sandman charge.

The OP has laid out....weird battle stipulations. Both teams start out inside a building one floor apart, so I don't think anyone will be charging. This also makes Goblin kinda obsolete, as he can't really navigate his glider indoors other than control it to stab someone like he tried against Peter in the first Spider-Man.

I can't recall if he had automatic weapons or not

He has machine guns in the front, but only mainly uses his pumpkin bombs and rockets. He uses his guns here, but not anywhere else in the movie iirc:

Loading Video...

Venom and Sandman can move, with the latter growing to tremendous size.

Sandman was only able to grow super large when he had another source of sand around to supplement him, like he did in his second fight with Peter. In their other fights, he never grew past his regular size.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Storm Calling

@farkam said:
@storm_calling said:
@farkam said:

Loading Video...

Storm would destroy Sandman pretty handily. She can blow him apart with her winds, freeze him, and vitrify him with her lightning. There are ways that Storm can be taken out in this fight, but that isn't what you claimed before. You said none of them could put Sandman down and I just gave you numerous ways that Storm could.

She has the biggest advantage here since she can fly, use stealth and has powerful AOE and direct attacks. Wolverine has unlimited healing, so he will be hard to put down as well, and Cyclops could easily take out Green Goblin and Dr Octavius. The real major threat here is Venom, but I think the team could take him after the rest are dealt with.

Jean could at least hold him in place or mind control him until they finish. She was at least powerful enough to do that without PF in X2.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean is far more formidable than she is being given credit for. The Phoenix is not a power, it's a personality that can surface when Jean losses control of her core personality and that Phoenix persona only existed in The Last Stand, so no Phoenix only means she won't be atom shredding. Jean was accessing tremendous amounts of her power without going Phoenix in X2 and showed in The Last Stand that she could easily manipulate several tons of matter without looking and invade the mind of Xavier at age 11 before the Phoenix persona was even created.

She can solo with X2 and 11 year old Jean feats alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@depinhom said:
@farkam said:
@storm_calling said:
@farkam said:

Wut.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Storm Calling

@lordofallhumans said:

Jean is far more formidable than she is being given credit for. The Phoenix is not a power, it's a personality that can surface when Jean losses control of her core personality and that Phoenix persona only existed in The Last Stand, so no Phoenix only means she won't be atom shredding. Jean was accessing tremendous amounts of her power without going Phoenix in X2 and showed in The Last Stand that she could easily manipulate several tons of matter without looking and invade the mind of Xavier at age 11 before the Phoenix persona was even created.

She can solo with X2 and 11 year old Jean feats alone.

While true, it's pretty clear what the OP is implying. We know that from Xavier's statement in X3, her powers were locked away to reduce them(and a piece of her mind). So it's safe to say she probably isn't wielding powers on par with her child version in X3 for this fight. And X3 really doesn't count because her Phoenix personality was dominant throughout all of her powers feats in that film. So I think her PF powers should really be measured by when she is tapping into her full power. X2 made it clear anytime she was tapping into her full power by having her eye flare with fiery energy.

She still had some pretty good feats in X2 without PF. She blocked Cyclops' blast(and used full power to redirect), she stopped Nightcrawler in midair and prevented him from teleporting, and she held back some of the water from the dam before tapping into her full power(though it's a little unclear if she already unlocked it all at that point).

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhomIs this James Franco Goblin? This could make a large difference he was portrayed alot better than his old man

It was plain to see that Venom outclassed Spidey in all aspects in SM3. The only thing that saved him was the symbiotes weakness.

Doc Otc against anyone but wolverine would be hard, even while unconscience his mechanical arms have attacked/defended on their own

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By depinhom

bump

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By christianrapper

to me the xmen have this. they barely beat spiderman alone. storm was raw as heck in dofp. i don't see how they have anything that prevent them from being struck by lightning.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men!

Otto has normal durability, he would be the first to go down.

Storm can summon lightning and hurricanes to take GG out.

No one can take out Wolverine and Jean can TP and TK them, specially if this is X2 Jean.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas:

I tried to rebut each of your points, but it's hard as crap on a phone.

I didn't see the setting, which is weird as crap.

I honestly still see it coming down to Storm and Sandman.

I'm not sure if there are vents in this building, but what's stopping Venom from sensing the enemies and outflanking them. He's definitely fast enough to. And for the fact that Storm can get one shotted by any of them and because I'm not sure how her lightning would work with accuracy indoors doesn't make her a short shot, especially with Sandman. I don't recall if Jean stopped bullets without being the Phoenix, but Gobbie doesn't need to fly in her vicinity, he'd probably be throwing bombs from a distance. Even if they stop at Jean due to TP, Wolverine, Cyke and Storm have been KO'd by less.

An argument can be made either way. If Storm's bolts work like they did to that chick in X3, indoors and the Spider-Man baddies appear with space btw them, then rah, Storm and Cyke can fry and blast them to oblivion.

But if Storm isn't capable of, or is more docile and slower to react, like she was unfortunately displayed as in the trilogies, and Gobbie shoots some heavy explosives/or Venom out flanks Cyke and the distance is closed, I give a big advantage to the Spider-Man baddies. They're much stronger and can one shot the X-Men.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really depends on storm. If goblin takes her out, villians win. If he doesnt, x men win.. and personally i dont see goblin taking her down, especially not right away. Cyclops starts spamming his beams which draws attention to him, enough for storm to conjure up storms which she does very quickly, and then she takes out the flier, goblin, and sends rain on sandman. Then its 4v2 and all have a chance at soloing

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is coool

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Learning alot ...

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheVivas

@dre_savage:

I didn't see the setting, which is weird as crap.

It definitely takes away from what both teams can do.

I'm not sure if there are vents in this building, but what's stopping Venom from sensing the enemies and outflanking them

Nothing's stopping him, but at the same time, there's nothing stopping Wolverine from doing the same.

And for the fact that Storm can get one shotted by any of them and because I'm not sure how her lightning would work with accuracy indoors doesn't make her a short shot, especially with Sandman.

I don't see why she can't use her lightning like she did against Callisto, or use the same method she did against Toad:

Loading Video...

I don't recall if Jean stopped bullets without being the Phoenix, but Gobbie doesn't need to fly in her vicinity, he'd probably be throwing bombs from a distance

She hasn't stopped bullets, but she's stopped Cyclop's optic blast in X2:

Loading Video...

But if Storm isn't capable of, or is more docile and slower to react, like she was unfortunately displayed as in the trilogies, and Gobbie shoots some heavy explosives/or Venom out flanks Cyke and the distance is closed, I give a big advantage to the Spider-Man baddies. They're much stronger and can one shot the X-Men.

That's certainly a way that the enemies can win. I agree.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men stomp, Cyclops shoots Goblin off his Glider, Wolverine slices Doc's arms off, Storm blows Sandman away, Jean suspends Venom in midair (until he shoots webs at her face) until the team finishes up.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xmen win easily here based on arguments I have seen in this thread

stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men take this with ease. Storm creates a storm with ran for Sandman, Wolverine slices Ock without too much effort, Jean and Cyclops could both take either one of the other two.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LordOfFate

X-Men take this. To many range attacks on the X-men side. Plus Storm, Jean or Cyke can blow up the floor the SM's villains are standing on, taking out the weaker members of the team fast

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jean grey mindrapes