Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467:
Yeah, I know.  I have the comic.  Look at that page of Mageddon hovering over that city going "Destroy, annihilate, convert all life into death!"  Looks to me like he's preoccupied.

There's definitely a precedent in comics for giant cosmic beings/objects going about their business without paying special attention to the tiny speck working behind the scenes.  Whether it's a scenario involving someone ridiculously powerful like Galactus vs (insert pretty much any Earth born dust mote of a hero), or say, Atom has reduced himself in size so that his being doesn't even register as a whisper to someone like Brainwave.   Or Mr. Mind for that matter.  Suffice to say, if you take scale into account, J'onn in no way has to be in the same ballpark as Mageddon in terms of psionic power to do what he does in those scans that you've posted.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor: You are dodging what was shown. The Martian specifically said, "I'm trying to shield you from full contact with the Mageddon program." Notice that. They were in its mind field, and he shielded BatMan from full contact. Based on that, they were even more close to its power than the beings on Wonderworld, which Mageddon influenced in entirety (do I really have to mention that they were some of the most powerful beings in the universe again?). The Martian has telepathically scanned on subatomic scales before. He has scanned on the scale of a planet. So, no, being too small is not an issue from some telepaths, especially Mageddon, who took the time to influence every being on Wonderworld, including that small being that Wonder Woman held in her hand. 
Greyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Greyed

All X hold the forts with all of the DC, while Bets have time 2 psi knife them all   
and r we talking Cable that fight with SS here?

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467: I'm not dodging anything.  Look also at the part that talks about how Mageddon's mind field works on the lowest psychic frequencies; horror, fear, shame, to which Batman talks about how he's not afraid of the dark and starts contacting Clark.  What you're trying to sell here about J'onn is a lemon.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Skaddix said:
" A jab at Max Lord "
The blood loss is just an effect of his power it has nothing to do with it's ability or strength. The fact that he was able to enter each person on Earth's mind including the strongest telepaths and MM's mind's while he was on Mars one of DC's greatest telepaths is insanely powerful. He completely erased himself from everyone it is so powerful that when someone is presented a photo of him they believe it to be something else he planted in their head. He can affect people from anywhere on the planet
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor: First, notice how BatMan was nearly traumatized when he actually entered its mind field. What he states before actually doing that is irrelevant. He knows nothing about what exactly he will experience when it happens. Second, again, you are dodging the issue. The fact is that Mageddon influenced and subsequently destroyed a planet populated by some of the most powerful beings in the universe. Even if the Martian and BatMan were below Mageddon's radar, as you claimed, they would still be under that same influence. But, not only were they under that amount of power, the Martian had them enter its mind field to contact SuperMan, and the Martian shielded himself and BatMan from that power.  

I could care less whether or not you like a feat, but at least acknowledge it as it was blatantly shown and represent it correctly. Your attempts at lowballing something by arguing around the issue is not accomplishing anything.
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467 said:

Riddle me this Silver.  What are you trying to sell here about J'onn's telepathic ability?  Martian Manhunter = Mageddon?
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467: 

First, notice how BatMan was nearly traumatized when he actually entered its mind field. What he states before actually doing that is irrelevant. 

Mmmright.  That's convenient.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor: No. What I have been trying to represent is that the Martian can (and has) proven that, when he makes the effort to, he can resist the telepathic power of characters and beings like Mageddon, White Martians, En'tarans, etc. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor said: 
 Mmmright.  That's convenient. "
Present an argument to prove it wrong, or concede the point. Your sarcasm is not going to enhance your case.
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467: 

No. What I have been trying to represent is that the Martian can (and has) proven that when he makes the effort to, he can resist the telepathic power that characters and beings like Mageddon, White Martians, En'tarans, etc.   

*facepalm*  In fact, that IS what you are arguing.  You are saying that J'onn is in the same class as Mageddon.  And this isn't laughable how?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor: Did you even read my post? Or are you trying to avoid the debate so you can insult me? Because the latter seems more likely based on your statement.  

Again, present an argument to prove it wrong, or concede the point. Because right now, you are just wasting my time.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By termiteone4ever

I was trying to remember the name Of the guys from Wonder world in an argument those guys were extra powerful.

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467: Uh, yeah.  As verbose as they are, I have read your arguments.  What they essentially boil down to is you claiming that J'onn is on an equal footing with Mageddon when it comes to psychic power, which is completely laughable.  That's what you're saying when you ignore the narration about how Mageddon's mind field is broadcast on the lowest frequencies; a scenario that is tailor made for Batman to shoulder at least some of the load.  So yeah, if you totally ignore the context of J'onn talking about trying to shield Bruce from full contact with the Mageddon program, then J'onn is just as powerful as Mageddon.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor: I'm done with this. All you have done throughout this pointless discussion is assume my intention, insult me, dodge the issue, and make up information (as you made several claims that are shown to be completely untrue throughout the arc, as I proved with scans, despite you claiming to have read it, which is questionable at this point, to be honest).  

When you learn a more effective method of debating, let me know. As it stand right now, you are a complete waste of my time. 

Have a nice day. 
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467: Oh come on guy.  I'm dodging the issue?  That's a rather disingenuous way of backing out of the discussion.  You kicked the ball, and I'm kicking it back.  If you are in fact not arguing that J'onn = Mageddon in terms of how you've described the scans that you posted, then what?  Explain how completely ignoring Batman's part in the narration when establishing contact with Clark in the mind field doesn't go into the realm of warping scans just to pump J'onn's tires?  You have to admit that you didn't mention Bruce at all initially. 
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lance Bastro

onslaught is the strongest mind here, so the x-men wins.

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Lance Bastro: Am I missing something?  When did Onslaught become part of the discussion?
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By sa5m
@Switchdoctor said:
" @Lance Bastro: Am I missing something?  When did Onslaught become part of the discussion? "
   no hes not in this....

do we stil have no winner on this?/
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By Static Shock
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
" The Z'Nox were coming to Earth, he sensed it and faked his death to plan for it, he came back gathered the collective thoughts of the "just" and funneld them through the Xmen to stop the invasion.  Xmen V1 165.  Through planet wide psi static he astral projected to Galatus, in an attempt to convince Galactus to spare the Skrull homeworld, he gathered and projected the collective thoughts of every Skrull into the mind of Galactus, Galactus isn't moved and psi blasts Xavier, his astral form still lingers after and eventually fades.Xmen V2 90"
All of this just makes him somewhat equal to J'onn... You made it seems as if Xavier was more powerful than J'onn, based on this, but it really isn't any better than the planetary feats that J'onn pulls off.
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Static Shock: Plus, as insurance, you have Maxwell Lord who can just go off like a bomb at the bell.  

The way I see this match going down is Maxima and J'onn making the first move because of their super-speed.  If there's anyone left after that, then either Lord or Zatanna can mop up.  I don't know enough about Saturn Girl or Captain Comet to comment.  I haven't seen a lot from Miss Martian either.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By IcePrince_X

not an easy task if there is the Phoenix and X-Man around.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Switchdoctor said:
" @Lance Bastro: Am I missing something?  When did Onslaught become part of the discussion? "
onslaught is xavier's dormate evil thoughts.
Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Shikarenji

DC

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By Static Shock
@Lance Bastro: Onslaught isn't in this fight.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Static Shock said:

" @Lance Bastro: Onslaught isn't in this fight. "

so the OP should be more specific. 

they are allowed to use their other abilities as well 
green phoenix jean 
no prep 
fight is in an empty city 
they start 1 block away from each other  
who wins and why?

by at least saying,  

1. xavier can not use his wild side.
  2. you have to use goody-too-shoes xavier
  3. xavier can not kill
  4. in-character morals on

and so forth...
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Lance Bastro: 
?  Onslaught is an independent entity from Xavier. 
Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only shot the x-men have is if Jean flips out and goes full-DP.  then she kills both teams and x-men win because shes the last one standing. 

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BMEZY
@difficlu didn't he say that jean is green phoenix??
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By blacharrt

Nate Gray owns this battle, no one on the DC team could touch him.  If Cable is at his full power, then Nate, Jean, and Cable would mindrape everyone. Emma, Cuckoos (also if it's all five of them) they definitely would equal an omega level telepaths trumping Emma and Charles., professor X, and Psylock aren't even needed.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#81  Edited By Outside_85

Wasnt aware Zatanna had telepathy.