X-Men VS IronMan

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Andferne

X-men hands down. Theres just too much for him to handle alone. We're not just talking about a group of individuals either. This is a group of people who have worked with each other for years and have one of the best team leaders to guide them. Iron Man ain't got what it takes with this set up.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By acewasp23

Angel, Beast, Bishop, Colossus, Cyclops, and Gambit.

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/3173/

http://www.comicvine.com/iron-man/1455/

The battle takes place at the X-Mansion. Ironman is limited to only his current armor and cant use any outside tech, aid from shield, or the nanotech that shuts down powers. The X-men are limited to only the 6 i listed and cant have any aid from outside tech. if you dont know the characters read up on them first. Who, How, and Why?

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Andferne says:

"X-men hands down. Theres just too much for him to handle alone. We're not just talking about a group of individuals either. This is a group of people who have worked with each other for years and have one of the best team leaders to guide them. Iron Man ain't got what it takes with this set up."

Agreed - Iron Man could maybe take down 2 or 3 of the team, but by the time he'd done that, the other X-Men would have overcome him. For example, While IM was maybe using his powers to zap Angel and Beast, Cyke could be hitting him with a power blast.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Angel,Beast,Colossus, and Gambit could all be taken out by Iron Man. Angel is pretty much just a distraction at best. Bishop however could absorb Iron Man's blasts and fire them back. That coupled with Cyclops's eye blasts are a lil more then IM can overcome. In my opinion.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By acewasp23

Mighty Thorion says:

"Andferne says:
"X-men hands down. Theres just too much for him to handle alone. We're not just talking about a group of individuals either. This is a group of people who have worked with each other for years and have one of the best team leaders to guide them. Iron Man ain't got what it takes with this set up."
Agreed - Iron Man could maybe take down 2 or 3 of the team, but by the time he'd done that, the other X-Men would have overcome him. For example, While IM was maybe using his powers to zap Angel and Beast, Cyke could be hitting him with a power blast."

wow you guys are making him out to be a flat character. im sure his sensors would pick up on what every one is doing. Plus its the current IronMan, so im sure he has stat files on every one on the team and what they can do. i didn't limit the Information he had only the tech he had.
Post Edited:2008-05-06 18:46:43

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne

He can have all the info he wants, but he is not taking this team all at once, especially on their home turf. I'm not taking anything away from Iron Man, I like the character, but there's just to many weapons and great chemistry with this team for him to pull off the win alone.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Good point. Having the info and translating it into a victory are two different things. He may know all there is to know about the X-Men, but it doesn't mean he has thee ability to stop them.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Gottheit

Plus, X-Men don't need outside tech. They have all the tech they need, inside the building. There's no way in hell Beast could take Stark in a fight, but Beast still takes this-and, he does it sitting in a comfy chair, through the Danger Room. And also, Optic Blast! I think.

wickedragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wickedragon

Gotta sign this one to the X-Men.

Starting within the mansion limits his maneuverability, and both Bishop and Cyclops could take him out solo with some luck. Cyclops eye-beams are at times somewhat over-powered.

I agree with Gottheit on Beast. mano-a-mano he's no match for IM, but within the mansion he has some pretty whacky Hardware to bring to the fight.

Depending on the verison of Colossus he too can be a toughie; nigh-indestructible and powerfull enough to fight the Juggernaut one-on-one ... for a little while at least.

If Gambit is ignored, and allowed to touch IM for only a few moments i think IM would be painfully aware that his suit is, in fact, an object that can be charged with Gambits explosive powers.

Angel ... now, angel is a joke, right?

Unless we're talking buffyverse Angel, in which case he still goes down, but looks way cooler while doing it.

All in all, while IM is a powerhouse and could win fight against these one-on-one he'd have a helluva problem against them with Cyclops leading the battle. Teamwork is a bitca.

I'm giving this one to the X-Men.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ketch

I was going to ask if "no outside tech" means he can't use tech found on the premises, but Gottheit's post makes me think that's acceptable. With that in mind, Iron Man can link up with the Danger Room and not only use everything there as a weapon, but also upload every battle tactic that the X-Men might use. Danger used this method to beat or almost beat them (I think she beat them but I'm not sure) before, and with Stark's human mind to support it, he can account for the X-Men getting creative and not fighting how the Danger Room might expect them too. That should account for the bonus they get by working together. Looking at the opponents, I can't see any that would actually be a problem. Angel and Beast aren't much, Colossus can be dealt with by staying in the air or with magnets to keep him in place, the energy attacks of Cyclops, Bishop and Gambit can be converted into power if they even get through his shields. (Stark actually has the powers of all three energy-wielding X-Men. He can absorb energy like Bishop, shoot concussive force like Cyclops, and can shoot blasts of kinetic energy like Gambit. Then he has numerous energy attacks that they don't have.) Miscellaneous devices like camouflage can keep him hidden (from everyone except Beast) and sonics can affect them even before he engages them physically (and would be especially useful against Beast because of his enhanced senses or any of the others who need to aim). There's more in the armor but I don't know if it's all necessary.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Ketch says:

"I was going to ask if "no outside tech" means he can't use tech found on the premises, but Gottheit's post makes me think that's acceptable. With that in mind, Iron Man can link up with the Danger Room and not only use everything there as a weapon, but also upload every battle tactic that the X-Men might use. Danger used this method to beat or almost beat them (I think she beat them but I'm not sure) before, and with Stark's human mind to support it, he can account for the X-Men getting creative and not fighting how the Danger Room might expect them too. That should account for the bonus they get by working together. Looking at the opponents, I can't see any that would actually be a problem. Angel and Beast aren't much, Colossus can be dealt with by staying in the air or with magnets to keep him in place, the energy attacks of Cyclops, Bishop and Gambit can be converted into power if they even get through his shields. (Stark actually has the powers of all three energy-wielding X-Men. He can absorb energy like Bishop, shoot concussive force like Cyclops, and can shoot blasts of kinetic energy like Gambit. Then he has numerous energy attacks that they don't have.) Miscellaneous devices like camouflage can keep him hidden (from everyone except Beast) and sonics can affect them even before he engages them physically (and would be especially useful against Beast because of his enhanced senses or any of the others who need to aim). There's more in the armor but I don't know if it's all necessary."

I should have done some research on Iron Man I guess. I had no idea he could absorb energy.

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ketch

Check this out.

Then he drops Wolverine with a punch to the head. Before anyone says anything, yes, that's a simulation and not even the team in this fight, but it does show that he ways to counter the team's attacks individually and could handle them even working together.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice scan. Gambit got owned lol

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne

Ketch says:

"Check this out.Then he drops Wolverine with a punch to the head. Before anyone says anything, yes, that's a simulation and not even the team in this fight, but it does show that he ways to counter the team's attacks individually and could handle them even working together. "

...sonnova. Nice find

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sling Shot

The greatest ability the X-men have is their unpredictability. Though they are a well-oiled machine they can switch into independant gear to mix it up uintil the team work becomes more effective. I'm merely saying they have a whole host of solo maneuvers they have formulated in independantly that are'nt necessarily executed in the team dynamic. But The X-men's adaptability exponentially higher than Ironman's tech, only beccause their powers are so powerful and their experiences are so varied and extreme.

Ironman is far from a slouch and often written that way whereas the X-men are far from slouches but not always portrayed that way.They have extensive info on IM as well. And it's the mansion so that ace is up their sleeve as well.

A dangerous, possibly long battle but one the X can stick out if they stay tricky.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By acewasp23

no outside tech means nothing but them and their powers VS IronMan in his armor. so no danger room and no beast tech. LoL
Post Edited:2008-05-06 23:23:56

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By acewasp23

Ketch says:

"Check this out. Then he drops Wolverine with a punch to the head. Before anyone says anything, yes, that's a simulation and not even the team in this fight, but it does show that he ways to counter the team's attacks individually and could handle them even working together. "

Nice scan. and i liked your previous post. the best part about that armor is its low tech compared to his current armor.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gottheit

"no outside tech means nothing but them and their powers VS IronMan in his armor. so no danger room and no beast tech."

Too late. L. O. L.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gottheit

Seriously, it's unfortunate that Beast couldn't use the one thing that would let him not suck in the fight...

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Korg

I'd say the X-Men. Cyclops supercharges Bishop while Beast and Angel distract Iron Man. Bishop then unleashes all his energy on Iron Man, taxing his shields. Cyclops continues to bombard Iron Man with optic blasts while Colossus hammers him for all he's worth until Gambit can get close enough to charge Iron Man's suit, or otherwise blow it up. The X-Men just have to much raw power and too many ways to combine their powers IMO. (Although Beast and Angel aren't the most useful people to have on the team in this particular instance)

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Too much raw power? Iron Man has shielded himself from nukes numerous times (in Illuminati he shielded himself from one while his shields were less than 100% and also while various Skrull's were attacking him, some with energy powers taken from Thor and Cyclops; another recent example of his defenses was in his book when he was able to survive the detonation of a 500 kiloton nuclear device and the black hole that followed, and he did that with an old suit) and things of greater destructive force when he's needed to. I don't think Cyke charging up Bishop would be too much for him, and that's if he took it straight on. He could absorb it and use it to power him, he could channel it (absorbing it only long enough to get rid of it so it doesn't hurt him), he could hit it with his own attacks, he could do a little of all of these along with having his shield up. I don't think Cyke would be able to do this anyway though. Tony's a decent tactician (Cap's called him "brilliant") but even if he weren't I doubt he'd be tricked by the distraction of Angel and Beast. Not only is he smart enough to see through the ploy, but his suit is capable of tracking an monitoring multiple combatants at a time. He should be able to keep tabs on what everyone's doing, and something like the massive power exchange of Cyke blasting Bishop would surely get his attention. Not only is it something you'd have to be blind and deaf to miss, but his suit is always relaying changes in the surroundings, and Cyke releasing a ton of energy is a big change. Even if he for some reason couldn't tell what was going on, it would still make sense to ignore the two X-Men that can't really hurt him, and focus on the brains, which just happen to be Cyclops and Bishop. Assuming he falls for the distraction though, he could take them out easily, probably long before Cyke has really amped Bishop up. (And if Cyclops really gave Bishop some juice, he'd be drained afterwards.) As for Colossus, I don't see how he hits Iron Man if he's magnetized somewhere. And if he turns back to flesh in the middle of battle, Iron Man could pick him off before he can armor up again. Apart from the magnets, Iron Man could just take to the air. One of his major upgrades was to his speed. He gave himself superhuman speed (reaction times) specifically so he could outmaneuver people with super speed (the man that prompted the whole Extremis thing was capable of moving/functioning/reacting at over 300 miles per hour and by the time Iron Man had gotten his upgrades, he was able to move so fast that man couldn't even see him at times). None of the X-Men here have superhuman reactions except Beast and possibly Angel, neither of which are so good that Iron Man couldn't hit them even before his upgrades. How will Gambit get close to him if he stays in the air, has a forcefield up, or just outmaneuvers him on the ground? Then there are the things I mentioned before, sonics that can affect all the X-Men at once and make it hard for them to do their job or even take them out of the fight, cloaking to keep himself hidden, spider senses copied off Spider-Man to give him a warning should he need it, Extremis control over Bishops weapons (he can control any machine, not just those connected to a network) and possibly (don't know how complex they are) Cyclops' visor and Gambit's staff (it would suck if in the middle of a pole vault-like move the staff telescoped closed or opened up big while still in a pocket), and other random things.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Apparition

yeah i'd say that's a pretty weak xmen team and iron man should take them fairly easily.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Korg

Iron Man is getting to be worse than Superman at this point... The abilities you describe should have rendered him capable of handling WWH.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gottheit

He still got whupped by Thor.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Unbelonger

Korg says:

"Iron Man is getting to be worse than Superman at this point... The abilities you describe should have rendered him capable of handling WWH."

I don't know why people complain about someaone getting powerful. Iron man's popularity has rose lately with all the events surrounding him, so it's not unusual that he gets power ups, plus, he is a self made hero, and since his brains keep getting ideas he can get upgrades that seem logical. Superman has gotten depowered actually; if you want to give an example on how are powers on a character upgraded badly say wolverine.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lionheart

Agreed

Ketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ketch

Korg says:

"Iron Man is getting to be worse than Superman at this point... The abilities you describe should have rendered him capable of handling WWH."

I don't think so. Energy absorbing? That wouldn't do anything unless Iron Man can absorb energy infused in someone's cells. Technopathy? No use on Hulk. Speed? Probably doesn't have it in that huge suit. Sonics? At best he'd just adapt to them (like he adapted to fighting in space without air) and at worst he'd just get more mad. Cloaking would be dumb on a suit as big as the one he had, and spider sense wouldn't be effective without the speed to avoid hits. The force fields might have been useful but those go up and down depending on the story. Since Hulk's only weapon is brute force, they obviously couldn't use force fields like how they've often been shown in the past. I try to rationlize things like that and say that all the power was going into running that giant suit, and not into force fields. Also, he had a method that would have made all of his other abilities useless: the SPINtech. It just so happened that it was stolen and he didn't know that. He went in thinking all he'd have to do is be strong and durable enough to smack him around for a while and inject him with the stuff and that would be it, so he tried that, but it didn't work. He didn't think he'd need everything else and since he was making new suit specifically for that fight, maybe he didn't pack things he didn't plan on using. (Not to mention that not only was the story made so Hulk could take all the heroes, but he was powered up just for the event and pretty much allowed to do whatever he wanted so even if Stark had used all the things he might have at his command, Hulk would have shrugged it all off anyway.)

What are you seeing as the problem with Stark? Too many abilities? Too many options? Too many ways for him to beat other characters? If it's any of that, I don't see the problem. The guy makes weapons and crazy technology. Makes sense to me that eventually he'd start using all the things he's come up with.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gottheit

Plus, WWH has the most graceful Diving Headbutt in the industry, and that is a tough weapon to counter.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chiq

well this is an old thread. Current versions murder iron man. I think storm took him down in the their latest clash over wanda. The muties just keep getting powered up.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men. Too much firepower.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that was the purpose of the comic,ibelieve that cyke cann solo iron man,4-5 blasts'd bge enough to ground him and take his armor off,they move at light speed and are incredibly powerful ,they'd break through tonys shield and take him down,cyke can also cancel other's people balsts,like storms and havoks,also would ricochet or use concertrated blasts to pierce his suit.cyke has also incredible firepower (check my previus posts) instead of iron ,man,the only way iron man defeats cyke is if he's wearing hulkbuster