• Colossus
  • Beast
  • Kitty Pride
  • Emma Frost

VS

The Lord of Terror: Diablo

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Diablo is allowed the combination of all of his feats from all of his different forms. Feats count from games and lore from other canon sources
  • Morals on, in character
  • Win by Death or KO - Diablo being put down to the point that he is contained within a soul stone or some other sort of immortal life plot device counts as a KO.

No Caption Provided

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not to sure.. mainly because we don't really know the true extent of Diablo's regeneration. That having been said, I see it going both ways with a slight majority to Diablo.

Diablo is capable of doing explosive rings of fire, focused fire blasts, and summoning all of these people to the realm of terror where they have to fight reflections of themselves. Not to mention he can take the form of any person's greatest fears paralyzing even the most powerful of people. Also he can summon servants to his command whenever he wants, though I'll disregard that part.

Since we're also to assume he has the powers of all the other evils, he can shape shift, create multiple illusions of himself to fight for him, summon tentacles, multi-dimensional portals, rain fire, consume souls, has inherited the knowledge of Tal'rasha himself if we are to believe that Baal took over his mind, and that's not even considering the other demons.

He's also beaten Imperius even before his ultimate transformation and I'd say that he could give all of them a run for their money himself.

What is Emma Frost's feats?

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering I defeated Diablo in D3 with magic frogs and a blowgun I'm pretty sure the X-Men take this.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tparks

@sean12345: Nice post. You think he could physically hurt Colossus? He's shown strength to stomp fissures into the ground, and a super scream that toppled this gate along with Imperius,

Loading Video...

but I'm not sure if it's enough to put down Colossus. I'm curious what you think.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering I defeated Diablo in D3 with magic frogs and a blowgun I'm pretty sure the X-Men take this.

This isn't canon. In canon, all of the classes banded together to kill Diablo. All of these characters have superhuman feats, and even the Witch Doctor that you're talking about isn't using some generic blow dart. He has mastered poisons to the point where they are deadly to powerful demons, and is powerful in necromancy, hexing, and curses.

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: If I had to guess I'd say no, but doesn't he have a certain amount of time he can stay in his steel form?

Diablo can send him to different dimensions, realms, locations if he truly wanted to escape him. Not to mention that he can destroy him from the inside and inhabit his soul similar to what Baal did. Also wounding Diablo causes magma demons to poor from his skin, if we take into consideration what Mephisto did during The Great Conflict. There's going to be a lot for Diablo to bide his time and as a master tactician I'd say that he could figure something out. Maybe a portal to Hell where he's at his strongest could do the trick.

Between the fissures, screams, inferno beams, and hellfire there is a possibility that he could do some damage.

Physically I don't think Diablo could take him down since Colossus has similar feats to barbarians with Iron Skin. I don't exactly know where the Colossus stands against Barbarians in that regard, there isn't enough on the part of Barbarian lore for me to make that judgement. Was there ever a time he was hurt in that form?

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sean12345

@tparks: Quick update.. So Solarion (the spear wielded by Imperius) was crafted in the heart of a dying star similar to that of Thor's hammer. Pretty much this weapon is so dense that it probably weighs a shitload to. Diablo broke the weapon in half, pretty effortlessly, which I'd say that puts him well above physically harming Colossus. I'm not sure about the Barbarian iron skin though, it is an in-game mechanic so it's not really a big deal, but yeah, personally I think he could one shot Colossus, and of course the fight is up to our interpretation.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo destroyed something divine and abstract like The Gate with a scream. He stomps.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: fair enough.

If we were to put Diablo into the MU power hierarchy who would he compare to?

Also, is the Chaos Sanctuary in Hell? Wouldn't Diablo in Prime Evil form have control over all of Hell to a great degree?

@sean12345: The wiki makes no mention of the weapon's actual weight. Being forged in the heart of a star does not necessarily mean that it is as dense as a star.

Seems to me that Diablo is susceptible to physical damage which the X-Men can dish out. But he does have an easy BFR option.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Beast and Cyclops goes down first. I don't know much about those X-Men other than Logan - just how powerful is Scott's optic blasts? I'm assuming they're enough to scar Diablo but either way he probably gets KO'd.

Logan, Kitty, and Colossus would last the longest. Emma using her telepathy might backfire the same way when people try to TP Hulk.

Kitty would dance around Diablo until Diablo uses his traumatising powers on her mind. I'm not sure about how much damage Adamantium can deal - this depends on the nature of Diablo's body; is it a metaphysical projection of his abstract will which can be rebuilt or an actual physical body that contains the totality of his consciousness? If the latter, Logan would deal a lot of damage head on - dude survived getting nuked in Hiroshima and regenerated from lava.

I'd need to see some more scans of Colossus to decide about him though.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: I'm sorry, I know the question wasn't for me, but as someone that has played the games and knows a fair amount of lore. I always thought Diablo was at High-Herald level.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano: Thanks for the answer. Herald level does seem about right, Iwould guess low Herald (given that Heralds have such a vast array of powers: molecule manipulation, light speed+ travel/combat, energy absorption, basically versatility that Diablo seems to lack).

@mandarinestro: From what I have read, taking a human host actually limits Diablo's shapeshifting power and cements his physical form. Logan should be able to do extreme damage, especially if Emma puts him into a berserker rage. I see no reason Kitty can't just phase Diablo into the ground...

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo will be eating fried mutants for dinner

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lucano

@nothingclever: Personally, I think that due to the type of fiction that Diablo belongs to, his powers are less deffined, specially the levels and scope of his powers. Gane mechanics are not reliable and novelization, as any written piece depends on the writter's style. But he certainly does not lack versatility. Lets see: Elemental manipulation (Fire, Hellfire), TP, Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Durability (Well above city level), Superhuman Stamina, Teleportation (Through portals), Hell-Screams, Soul manipulation (Absorption), Summoning, Various types of Magic, Shapeshifting.

He is versatile.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Diablo supposed to be like on par with someone like Thanos or Darkseid? not saying he is but I had that feeling that he's supposed to be.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: He's supposed to be but lacks the feats.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: From what I have read, taking a human host actually limits Diablo's shapeshifting power and cements his physical form. Logan should be able to do extreme damage, especially if Emma puts him into a berserker rage. I see no reason Kitty can't just phase Diablo into the ground...

Anything on Colossus?

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo Frys everyone with a fire ring(beast+ kitty+ Cyclops gone), traps wolverine in his bone prison then instant kills him with the hellfire blast. Emma goes insane when trying to mind control Diablo. Colossus stands alone, prolly gets dragged into hell though

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano:Good points. His feats being loosely defined hurts perceived capabilities.

@mandarinestro: Seems like he and Diablo are somewhat close strength-wise I guess. If Diablo can be partially bashed to death by blunt weapons by one of the Nephalem then I'm guessing Collossus' fists would do the trick.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x-men

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sean12345

@nothingclever: Considering that a teaspoon of a collapsing star's matter would greatly outweigh that of a mountain, yes it is heavy. Go to any peer reviewed study on the density of a neutron star. Also, It's a legendary weapon forged by the Archangel of Valor himself from the beginning of time, it's not really surprising if it is.

Sure Diablo is susceptible to damage, but you also have to acknowledge the fact that he was fighting multiple Nephalem, who are arguably way stronger then the people in this thread. They are not susceptible to Diablo's visages of terror since they descendants of demons. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight didn't end in an all out fight but a mental breakdown..

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sean12345: Where does it state that the weapon is made of a collapsing star? The description of Solarion says it was made in a star. The epic-ness of being forged in a star could be referring to the heat of a star being used/required for forging the weapon.

Diablo was definitely battling a team of Nepalem who, as I understand it, have loosely defined power levels. Are there any great feats for the Barbarian re: strength/durability? How does he compare to Collossus?

Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. You sir, are a hero.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: There are canon short stories in d3.net about each of the classes. Let me look it up.

Sean12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: "According to the legend, the weapon was forged by Imperius in the heart of a dying star. It has been said to be an extension of his own will, powerful enough to sunder Hell's mightiest ramparts with a single strike. During one of Imperius's invasions of Hell, it is written that Solarion felled so many demons that rivers of blood flowed throughout the realms of the Great Evils."

Nephalem are the descendants of Angels and Demon's and thus are more powerful then either. Bul-Kathos was one of the first Barbarian Nephalem's to be born but not too much was said about his power. Only thing that he did worth mentioning to my knowledge was throwing an enormous Hydra, beasts that grow more heads every time you cut it off, all the way into a giant fire. It was said that he was massive, immensely strong, and durable though no feats.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunk: Lol. Thanks.

@sean12345: Solarion is definitely a mighty weapon though a hyperbolic lack of specificity about it's capabilities does it a disservice here. We cannot confirm it being hyper dense/heavy.

Sounds like a pretty good feat for Kathos but nothing that Collossus could not replicate or improve upon. The same could be said of Imperius' smashing of Hell's ramparts and creating rivers of demon blood via epic slaughter. Wolverine +/- Berserker rage + time = rivers of demon blood from epic slaughter. Colossus is all about smashing ramparts. Lol.

Having read the booklet that came with Diablo 1 as well as several wiki-like sources on the other entries in the series (and playing/beating them) though not reading any of the actual books written about the series I get the impression that the various top tier beings in Heaven, Hell, and Sanctuary, especially the Arch Angels and Prime Evils are supposed to be ridiculously powerful, especially with a home-field advantage: Diablo in his Realm of Terror for example, but there is a lot of vagueness and hyperbole involved. Hard to gauge a consistent "level" when compared to Marvel characters with literal stats and cannon power levels. I would also suggest that the clear majority of demons (and probably angels) are fodder. In Diablo 3, Prime Evil Mode Diablo has already absorbed any individual demon worth a damn (lol) so any legions he summons are going to be fodder, possibly higher level fodder, but fodder none the less. The X-Men have little to worry about from fodder.

Based on DIablo's powers (and thanks for the examples/education various thread contributors) he does have a really good win option through BFR-and-forget-ing his opponents to The Realm of Terror or pretty much any part of Hell. Hellfire is definitely a good option against anyone on the X-team who can't potentially shield themselves from it via organic metal/organic diamond form, phasing (single or group), or simply regenerate from it.

Diablo took on multiple arguably super human opponents aka The Nephalem who defeated him. The X-Men are a bunch of super powered beings with extensive combat training individually and as a team. With good teamwork they can definitely put up a good fight at least and I would argue edge out a majority of wins if Diablo doesn't just BFR them (which seems somewhat out of character).

His illusions could outright fail against Emma's diamond form which IIRC blocks out TP and possibly fail to Logan's enhanced senses or TP resistance (which does seem to be inconsistent). Anyone know if Kitty is immune to TP while phased?

I feel like this fight needs Magik on the X-Men team considering she is kind of a Hell Lord and would be a good solution to BFR. Also she has a magical Soul Sword which is totally in line with DIablo mythos.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By traskindustries

Diablo takes this. All of his abilities would pretty much overwhelm that team. The only way theyre gonna win is if Logan decapitates Diablo. And I dont see that happening what with all the shapeshifting tentacle summoning shit going on.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Imperfect_Cell

Beast solos.

Frisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As per his plan Diablo sought to combine himself with his siblings to try and become the dragon Tathamet once more, while he did indeed become the Prime Evil and Tathamet in someway did resurface it seems that the seven headed dragon was not fully reborn in Diablo, since Tathamet was the evil side of Anu (Basically God) that would have been the worst case scenario.

As the Prime Evil Diablo controlls all of the Burning Hells, every realm of every Evil is at his command and he posesses the powers of all the Great Evils combined.

Diablo is allready a master tactitian in his own right but with Mephisto's essence he might be even better, Mephisto is Hatred incarnate and his powers can turn allies against each other, Mephisto also is connected deeply to the undead and would give Diablo alot of power over necromancy and dark curses, Mephisto's realm if the realm of Hatred and is the capital of Hell, the realm itself incites hatred in others and causes conflict amongst allies within it.

Baal is destruction incarnate he might be the most straight out powerful of the Evils, it would leave Diablo with alot of straight out offense in the form of hellfire to burn away his enemies, the realm of destruction hosts the Hell Forge where Hells most powerful weapons where made, little else is known of this realm.

Duriel is the Lord of Pain and delights in the pain of others, his powers are speculated to increase the amount of pain a person can feel and drive someone mad with it, the realm of pain is self explanatory and is best described as a torture chamber.

Andariel is the Lord of Anguish and she relishes in emotional and mental torment, feeding off of the torment she inflicts grants her nourishment and strenght, she can amplify the emotions of regret, guilt and self loathing in others, the realm of anguish in turn can do the same and those who loose themselves there are said to give themselves freely over to Duriel to escape the emotional trauma.

Belial is the most manipulative of all the Evils, his schemes are so intricate and full deciet that he himself is sometimes lost in them, the realm of lies is appears as a paradise for outsiders but the deeper one goes the more horror one realizes until it is to late.

Azmodan is the Lord of Sin, he is the most corruptive and temptive of all the Evils, his powers can tempt and corrupt mortals and others alike until they are but servants of him, the realm of sin does not appear as a disgusting cesspit like most of the others but a endless harem of sin of great joy and despair, those who enter are forever tempted to remain.

Diablo is the Lord of Terror and so himself is incapable of feeling fear, it is implied that he appears differently to every person that sees him, usualy taking the form of whatever that person is the most afraid of, his true form however is said to be so vile that it can make even the mightiest of demons and angels shiver in fear, the Realm of Terror according to the accounts of demons said to be familiar with this realm, it is lonely and desolate, filled with horrific scenes of darkness and shadow, fear and surprise. The resultant tension constantly cycles to a crescendo of madness and horror. Consequently, this realm is the least populated of all the realms of Hell, as few demons can withstand its unrelenting torment.[1] The Armored Destroyers were an exception, and prior to the Dark Exile, "crawled like locusts" over the realm.

Demons in Diablo never truly die asfar as we know and they are always reborn in the Burning Hells, as the Prime Evil Diablo is undoubtly the hardest one to kill.

Avatar image for azgsawgazgagwaq
azgsawgazgagwaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo is a multiversal buster not even White Crown can defeat Diablo.

Zzxzzxxzxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo is multiversal he neg diff the verse