• 65 results
#1 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

Tried to find a topic with some top tier "X-men vs. Avengers", couldn't find it, but I wanted to see what people think. Tried to make it balanced and diversified.

Avengers:

Sentry : Wonder Man : Hulk : Spectrum/Photon : Ms. Marvel : Nova : Thor : Scarlet Witch : Doctor Strange : Iron Man : Sersi

X-Men:

X-man : Iceman : Magneto : Jugerlossus : Magik : Vulcan : Rogue : Cable w\o t\o virus : Archangel/Apocalypse (DAS) : Darwin w\ powers of a Deathgod : Legion

• Sentry is stable and Void-less (no death seed, no dark avengers feats as well)
  • Magneto and Magik are pre-AVX
  • Rogue has Archangel, Colossus, Wolverine, Psylocke and Nightcrawler powers
  • No PF cuz it'll be too one sided.
  • They fight in post-apocalyptic future New York
  • No reality warping for the reality warpers, no time manipulation as well, but all other powers are allowed.
  • SW without lifeforce
  • No prep-time, no leadership and they fight to death or KO!

#2 Posted by zombieslayer1234 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#3 Posted by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

I don't know what I did here lol actually it is kinda hard to decide with this variety of powers on both sides. Avengers are faster and stronger (in general), but X-Men have all kinds of powers and at least 4 telepaths.

#4 Posted by DarkRaiden (6404 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men stomp no Vaseline. Legion solos, Darwin solos, Magneto, Vulcan, Rogue, X-man, Iceman, Cable, and Colossusnaut can almost stalemate, maybe win. Legion and Darwin are too much.

#5 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion sol- *Reads no Reality warping* Hmmm....

I really want to give it to the X-Men here still. Legion's incinerated guys to the bone with his pyrokineses, overcome telepaths like Psylocke and hidden from Rachel Grey with Cerebro not to mention hypnotism, control of gravity, able to transfer energy like lightning bolts from one target to another, can literally redirect kinetic forces back at their origin by just standing here and has been sane enough to get at least one of these powers with no outside interference lately, Magik can summon her own Legions of Demons from Limbo and has overcome Dr. Strange there already (albeit off panel), Doesn't X-Man have molecular level telekinesis? and Darwin has all the powers of Hela??

Really I might be downgrading Sentry, Photon, and Nova but I'm looking at this X-Team and even without the PF there are a lot more heavy hitters.

Also what armor does Iron Man have?

#6 Edited by kidman560 (7238 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l: you missed Thor! also Magik beating Doc Strange is pure PIS at it's finest similar situation happened before but a different outcome

read from right to left

#7 Posted by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l:

Current. The black one.

And nobody solos here. The only one who could is HoM Wanda and she's not here.

#8 Posted by T0NY_STARK (173 posts) - - Show Bio

If its classic strange he solos otherwise Dr. Strange , Ms. Marvel , Thor , Nova , and Sentry , Vision is all that's needed

#9 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna disagree here. I see Legion, Darwin, Magneto, Colossus, Magik and Rouge doing a very good job of stopping these guys, and that's only because I don't know enough about X-Man, Cable, Archangel and Vulcan. Good fight but team X

#10 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion Solos

Most versions of X-Man Solo

Darwin Solos

Cable Solos

Scarlet Witch without Reality Warping Powers is a non factor here.

#11 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio
@t0ny_stark said:

Dr. Strange , Ms. Marvel , Thor , Nova , and Sentry , Vision is all that's needed

Juggerlossus can stalemate Thor, Magneto/Vulcan will deal with Vision, X-man and Sentry will play their game, Dr. S will fight everything Limbo can throw at him + another Deathgod, if Limbo's not enough. Ms. Marvel will be busy up there with Deathangel and Rogue. So there remains Nova against Magneto/Vulcan, Legion, Iceman and Cable! Poor boy..

They are at least outnumbered.

@shawnbaby said:

Legion Solos

Darwin Solos

Cable Solos

No way anyone solos. And SW stalemated a bloodlusted Thor without wanting to hurt him.

#12 Edited by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@t0ny_stark said:

Dr. Strange , Ms. Marvel , Thor , Nova , and Sentry , Vision is all that's needed

Juggerlossus can stalemate Thor, Magneto/Vulcan will deal with Vision, X-man and Sentry will play their game, Dr. S will fight everything Limbo can throw at him + another Deathgod, if Limbo's not enough. Ms. Marvel will be busy up there with Deathangel and Rogue. So there will remain Nova against Magneto/Vulcan, Legion and Cable ! Poor boy.. They are at least outnumbered.

@shawnbaby said:

Legion Solos

Darwin Solos

Cable Solos

No way anyone solos. And SW stalemated a bloodlusted Thor without wanting to hurt him.

Agreed. Sentry is a lot, so is Scarlet Witch who BFR'd Thor into space, Hulk, Nova, Dr. Strange. I will say that the OP succeeded in trying to make this a good and diverse fight.

#13 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@t0ny_stark said:

Juggerlossus can stalemate Thor, Magneto/Vulcan will deal with Vision, X-man and Sentry will play their game, Dr. S will fight everything Limbo can throw at him + another Deathgod, if Limbo's not enough. Ms. Marvel will be busy up there with Deathangel and Rogue. So there remains Nova against Magneto/Vulcan, Legion, Iceman and Cable! Poor boy..

They are at least outnumbered.

@shawnbaby said:

Legion Solos

Darwin Solos

Cable Solos

Cable, Legion, and X-Man are all Omega Level Telepaths/Telekinetics (Plus everything else Legion adds on top of that). Most of the Avengers here have no defence against Telepathic Assault.

#14 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@adamtrmm said:

Cable, Legion, and X-Man are all Omega Level Telepaths/Telekinetics (Plus everything else Legion adds on top of that). Most of the Avengers here have no defence against Telepathic Assault.

Iron Man, Nova and Dr. S are shielded, TP doesn't really work on Thor and Hulk, Vision... well, you know, Sentry is a telepath himself. Don't really know how's TP resistance of SW, Photon, Wonderman and Ms. Marvel. But, they're only four of 11.

#15 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@shawnbaby said:

@adamtrmm said:

Iron Man, Nova and Dr. S are shielded, TP doesn't really work on Thor and Hulk, Vision... well, you know, Sentry is a telepath himself. Don't really know how's TP resistance of SW, Photon, Wonderman and Ms. Marvel. But, they're only four of 11.

Thor was recently Mind Controlled by Red Skull (with Xaviers Brain) in Uncanny Avengers. I don't need to tell you how bad it would be for the Avengers here if that happened again.

#16 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

Thor was recently Mind Controlled by Red Skull (with Xaviers Brain) in Uncanny Avengers. I don't need to tell you how bad it would be for the Avengers here if that happened again.

He was controlled by two psychics and I don't really think it was a good writing. Do you?

@bossmoss4l said:

I will say that the OP succeeded in trying to make this a good and diverse fight.

Thanks, kinda proud of this one. ha

#17 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@shawnbaby said:

He was controlled by two psychics and I don't really think it was a good writing. Do you?

@bossmoss4l said:

I will say that the OP succeeded in trying to make this a good and diverse fight.

Thanks, kinda proud of this one. ha

It's not the only time Thor has had problems with Telepaths. His supposed immunity to them fluctuates greatly.

#18 Edited by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless this is HOM wanda, I think the x-team has more raw power.

You have Legion who has all sorts of powers. You have two Hell Lords on the team ( Magik and Darwin w/ Hela's powers) You have the Avatar of Cyttorak , two uber powerful TP/TK users in Shaman X-man and Cable w/o the virus, a powerful energy manipulator in Vulcan and Iceman who can freeze the planet in an instant (unless he was amped when he did that). Infact, the amped version of Rouge, Magneto and Apoc/Angel are probably the weaker members.

#19 Posted by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not the only time Thor has had problems with Telepaths. His supposed immunity to them fluctuates greatly.

Emma w/ PF did not enter his mind, as it was stated that could drive her insane. Well, considering she's an omega-level TP amped by PF in that moment, I'd say it was a pretty awesome feat of TP resistance. Can not tell more, it is never clear how, or on what level, TP could affect Thor.

#20 Edited by Silverrings (1844 posts) - - Show Bio

The teams seem fairly even to me, but i'm definitely leaning towards the Avengers. As with most of their line-ups, they just have more heavy-hitting power-houses than the X Men. It'd be a good fight, though.

#21 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@shawnbaby said:

Emma w/ PF did not enter his mind, as it was stated that could drive her insane. Well, considering she's an omega-level TP amped by PF in that moment, I'd say it was a pretty awesome feat of TP resistance. Can not tell more, it is never clear how, or on what level, TP could affect Thor.

He was also recently MC'ed by Otto Octavius during Ends of The Earth. And the Enchantress has been able to influence him on more than one occasion

#22 Posted by Joygirl (18054 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Gods

#23 Edited by Wolverine08 (38092 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch's boobs look awesome in that picture in the OP.

#24 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

He was also recently MC'ed by Otto Octavius during Ends of The Earth. And the Enchantress has been able to influence him on more than one occasion

I didn't read this, how was he controlled? And being influenced by Enchantress is not a shame, she's an Asgardian and a very powerful magic user.

@silverrings said:

The teams seem fairly even to me, but i'm definitely leaning towards the Avengers. As with most of their line-ups, they just have more heavy-hitting power-houses than the X Men. It'd be a good fight, though.

This one is not a regular X-Team with Cyclops, Wolverine and Beast, the firepower right here can face many incarnations of Justice League and what not.

BTW, what will be your scenario?

#25 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1010 posts) - - Show Bio
@chiq said:

You have Legion who has all sorts of powers. You have two Hell Lords on the team ( Magik and Darwin w/ Hela's powers) You have the Avatar of Cyttorak , two uber powerful TP/TK users in Shaman X-man and Cable w/o the virus, a powerful energy manipulator in Vulcan and Iceman who can freeze the planet in an instant (unless he was amped when he did that). Infact, the amped version of Rouge, Magneto and Apoc/Angel are probably the weaker members.

You are right...but Apoc/Archangel isn't one of the weaker members..He can beat Iron man and Wonder man...

#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@shawnbaby said:

I didn't read this, how was he controlled? And being influenced by Enchantress is not a shame, she's an Asgardian and a very powerful magic user.

I didn't say it was anythng to be ashamed of. It's just another example of how Thor's supposed "immunity" to Telepathy is not all that consistent.

#27 Edited by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

"immunity" to Telepathy is not all that consistent.

With that I can't argue..

@mxyzptlk_cv said:

You are right...but Apoc/Archangel isn't one of the weaker members..He can beat Iron man and Wonder man...

There are many variations of who can defeat who on both sides. The way I see it, Avengers' best chance is to use their speed\strength advantage, because if not, 4 telapaths are just a beginning.

#28 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3959 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no soloing here. I want to say the Avengers win here, the TP shouldn't be a huge factor, Strange should be able to cook up a spell to shield the Avengers from any shenanigans. I'd say while the X-Men have more heavy hitters on paper (Legion, Mags etc.) I think the diversity of the Avengers pulls the win here, they have the speed advantage for sure in Nova (who I think is the fastest character here) and I believe overall they have the strength advantage, it's not a stomp though. I'd make it 65/35 Avengers.

#29 Posted by DarkRaiden (6404 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no soloing here. I want to say the Avengers win here, the TP shouldn't be a huge factor, Strange should be able to cook up a spell to shield the Avengers from any shenanigans. I'd say while the X-Men have more heavy hitters on paper (Legion, Mags etc.) I think the diversity of the Avengers pulls the win here, they have the speed advantage for sure in Nova (who I think is the fastest character here) and I believe overall they have the strength advantage, it's not a stomp though. I'd make it 65/35 Avengers.

Come on. Legion has a slew of powers, including defensive adaptation, soul stealing, super speed, turning people to salt, making clones via touch, super strength, lightning, belching acid, teleportation, etc.

Darwin adapts to literally everything and can one touch kill everyone.

Rogue has a slew of powers and can get more with a touch.

Magneto has a slew of powers.

X-men are at least as versatile.

As for strength advantage....Darwin, Legion, Rogue, Juggernaut fix that.

Speed advantage, Magneto, Legion, Darwin, Rogue, iceman handle that.

I don't see them beating Darwin by himself OR Legion. Hell Rogue would give them trouble as would Magneto, Cable, Juggernaut, OR X-Man. Magik alone has beaten Dr. Strange and can bring people to Limbo and is very powerful as well. I don't see how Avengers win here.

#30 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 said:

Come on. Legion has a slew of powers, including defensive adaptation, soul stealing, super speed, turning people to salt, making clones via touch, super strength, lightning, belching acid, teleportation, etc.

You honestly think Darwin can one touch kill Thor and Hulk? Or Legion turn them into salt?

#31 Posted by DarkRaiden (6404 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@sovereign91001 said:

You honestly think Darwin can one touch kill Thor and Hulk? Or Legion turn them into salt?

Yes. Hela can do it Thor (or so he claims), Darwin has her powers. Legion is a Universal+ reality warper.

#32 Edited by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

I agree that he can probably beat IM or WM but most people on the X-team could do the same. On paper I guess you're right. Apoc/Angel should be a heavyweight but when it comes to feats (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though) it's pretty hard to go up against most of the team.

That x-line up has insane feats. Same can be said of the Avengers, though I think Iron-man, Vision and Miss Marvel might be a bit out of their weight class vs most of the X-team.

#33 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@mxyzptlk_cv said:
@chiq said:

I agree that he can probably beat IM or WM but most people on the X-team could do the same. On paper I guess you're right. Apoc/Angel should be a heavyweight but when it comes to feats (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though) it's pretty hard to go up against most of the team.

That x-line up has insane feats. Same can be said of the Avengers, though I think Iron-man, Vision and Miss Marvel might be a bit out of their weight class vs most of the X-team.

Ok, I stand corrected... :)

#34 Edited by _Atomikill_ (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto can take out Nova, Iron Man, Vision, and probly Thor. And quickly. There are probly a few others he can take out, but I am just saying those for facts. BUT heck- thats 4 people down, the X-Men can take it.

#35 Posted by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto can take out Nova, Iron Man, Vision, and probly Thor. And quickly. There are probly a few others he can take out, but I am just saying those for facts. BUT heck- thats 4 people down, the X-Men can take it.

Magneto talking out Nova Prime and Thor quickly? I highly doubt that...

#36 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@gularte2000 said:

Is this Nova Prime or is this NuNova? I'm thinking the picture is, but what's stopping Magneto from crushing Nova's helmet in on itself, and Thor CAN drain his shields and has in the past, but he i'm not sure just by smashing Mjlonir over and over it will break it and if he DOES drain it that leaves him a bit of an open target from Darwin, Rouge, Colossus w/ Cytorak.

Another point: You know even though Iceman could freeze Thor solid, Thor DID eventually keep fighting (an amazing durability feat) BUT It did bring Thor to his knees, he had to actively focus on trying not to turn into a popsicle in order to keep fighting. I'm not sure if Iceman could take anyone here out on his own but he's a great distraction for Team Avengers

#37 Edited by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmoss4l: Who is NuNova? current Nova? the kid? i thought it was Nova Prime. The guy was insanely powerful. His shields seem to be more impressive then Magneto's. I would let Magik's demons infected w/ the transmode virus go after him. He almost died from the virus until Warlock cured him. The virus also basically shut him down.

Outside of Legion (the x-team's most powerful member) I would use X-man (omega level TP/TK), Magik (Sorcerer Supreme level magic and the Soul Sword) or Darwin w/ Hela's powers to counter Thor. Cyttorak Colossus would be able to occupy him for a bit but Mjolnir's versatility will eventually make Thor come out on top. Although w/ Magik, Legion and X-man there, it makes it virtually impossible to bfr Colossus.

#38 Posted by _Atomikill_ (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@gularte2000 said:

Well, I just figured since it seemed Nova's helmet was made of metal. And so was Thor's. An easy skull crush right there.

#39 Posted by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@gularte2000 said:

Well, I just figured since it seemed Nova's helmet was made of metal. And so was Thor's. An easy skull crush right there.

hmm... sounds simple and efficient enough. Thor is pretty durable though...anyway I'll leave that argument for the Thor and Nova fans to counter.

#40 Edited by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

bump.

#41 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men.

#42 Posted by Dextersinister (5688 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion currently has free access to most of his powers with the exception of the really powerful reality warpers coincidentally which includes duplication, damage reversal, powerful telepathy, illusions, pre-cog, teleportation, TK and a couple of hundred others

I could see the X-Men winning with massive versatility and I'm not just talking about Legion against the Avengers who seem to be made up of mostly very powerful bricks

#43 Posted by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister:

This is what Avengers' heavy hitters are, mostly :)

I don't see how Magneto can go solo against IM, Vision, Nova and Thor, even when he is written correcrly those guys, especially Thor, are heavyweights. Thor can control magnetism via Mjolnir, so does IM, Vision can be intangible and Nova has gravity control + some impressive shields. Though he should be able to put down Vision and IM in the end, that AVX fight was so stupid..

Deathangel has defeated AOA PF Jean Grey, two teams full of mutants and Kid Apocalypse, he would win this fight, but IIRC was backstabbed by the Lifeseed. He is a teambuster for sure :)

#44 Posted by Silverrings (1844 posts) - - Show Bio
@adamtrmm said:

This one is not a regular X-Team with Cyclops, Wolverine and Beast, the firepower right here can face many incarnations of Justice League and what not.

BTW, what will be your scenario?

I don't think so. There are members of the League who could speedblitz the whole X-team, members they couldn't hurt, at least, not physically, members who can match some of their powers. some of the League could probably solo, mostly due to vastly superior speed and durability.

Anyway, as for this here fight, i think the Avengers team just has more heavy hitters. The X-team is a very strong one, with real powerhouses like X Man, Magneto, Vulcan, Legion (electromagnetism, tons of energy, a lot of tele-powers) and, if they're at their most capable, then Ice Man, Cable and Rogue could do a lot damage, too, (sun-freezing, more tele-powers, mimicking everyone) along with the physical powerhouse that is Juggerlossus (a match for Hulk? Ish?), and serious back up from the rest.

However, the Avengers team is, in my eyes, stronger, overall, with such powerhouses as Sentry, Mrs Marvel, Nova, Thor, Doctor Strange (so much energy and physical power, plus all dat magic) and, if they, too, are all at their most capable, then Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Photon, Vision and Iron Man (lots more energy, lots of lasers and explosives) could be as useful as, or only a little less than, the main powerhouses, for the most part, along with their own physical powerhouse, the Hulk (a match for Juggerlossus? Maybe?). It's just an overall stronger, more capable team, i think, so they win.

#45 Posted by PowerHerc (80692 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers win.

#46 Posted by adamTRMM (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. There are members of the League who could speedblitz the whole X-team, members they couldn't hurt, at least, not physically, members who can match some of their powers. some of the League could probably solo, mostly due to vastly superior speed and durability.

Please, I'd like to be enlightened, what JLA member is going to solo this. And whom Demonic Jugerlossus (an amped version of Juggernaut, as shown and stated on panel) cannot at least, stalemate, physically? I don't know, maybe you just haven't gave a good thought to it, but no one is going to solo a team of 4 omegas, 2 Hell lords, an amped Avatar of Cyttorak, a new Apocalypse + other 3 really powerful mutants. Who is going to blitz a team(s) that will give a skyfather some hard time?

Now, that made me realize I side with the X-team, they just have pretty much everything of everything.

Also, I will replace Vision, because of Magneto. X-team has two molecular level TKics, so I replace Vision with Sersi.

#47 Posted by Silverrings (1844 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm This is getting off-topic, but i've never seen any of those X Men match or surpass the speed of the Flash or Superman, i've never seen them match or surpass the strength or durability of Superman, or, for that matter, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Captain Marvel, and i've never seen them match or surpass the Leagues versatility, considering all the aforementioned member's abilities a long with those of Green Lantern, Firestorm, Captain Atom, Power Girl, Supergirl, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, Cyborg, Zatanna, etc, etc... I don't think everyone i mentioned could solo the X Men team listed above, although some of them probably could (note that both now and before i used the word "probably"). Overall, though, i think the League definitely wins.

This should really be it's own thread, so how about you make it?

#48 Edited by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if Bfr allowed? And speedblitz? Team 1. But it'd also depend on Legion.

#49 Edited by thorthorthor (21 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Thor fan. You wasted a slot by including Thor, you should use someone worthwhile.

#50 Edited by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men