#1 Posted by mikemaximum (793 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Gold and Blue are sent back to the time when the Avengers had just formed to assassinate them. The X-Men strike teams and Avengers (1960s) are at their levels during the time in which the teams existed (1990s? so no Phoenix). X-Men get first hit on Thor.
Round One:
Morals on for X-Men, Morals off for Avengers
 R2
Morals off for both teams
R3
Morals on for both teams
R4
Morals off for X-Men, morals on for Avengers.

Classic Avengers: Captain America, Wasp, Giant Man, Sub Mariner, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man

AND                            
#2 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio

thor can solo. especially since theyre dealing with classic thor

#3 Posted by Gnarly_Artist (62 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men have numbers on their side and everything probably goes well in the beginning.....until Thor shouts something about Asgard, Odin and no survivors, beats the X-Men to death solo and leaves them all in a ditch off the side of the Rainbow Road.

#4 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the X-Men will take all Avengers save for Thor in all rounds. In the end, I think Thor would solo.   

#5 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering something, what if Iceman triggered his full potential, wouldn't he be a huge problem for thor?

#6 Posted by AQD (63 posts) - - Show Bio

If the X-Men get first hit on Thor, maybe Storm and Jean can defeat him.

#7 Posted by CaptainUseless (728 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion

R1:
Avengers
R2:
X-Men
R3:
Avengers
R4:
X-Men/Avengers

Very close one. For the final round the X-Men will probably win, but there is a chance that the Avengers could win.
#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers all rounds

#9 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see avengers winning anything.  You got to remember back in the olden days the strength levels weren't anything close to what they are from the 80's onward.  Thor would have a hard time even hurting colossus.
#10 Posted by AssertingValor (5447 posts) - - Show Bio

very close, only factor is how much pain can thor handel.?............................................................................................
#11 Posted by FlipSide2710 (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" I don't see avengers winning anything.  You got to remember back in the olden days the strength levels weren't anything close to what they are from the 80's onward.  Thor would have a hard time even hurting colossus. "

for thor, thats very true if we take the time frame into account. but we should also remember that although hulk was also the same way, he still wasn't a pushover. same goes for namor. at the same time, I'm not sure what the TP abilities of psylocke were like during her earlier times, if they were decent, then the dangerous ones on the x-men side would be jean, bettsy, and storm. I still think the avengers should be able to handle this though due to their heavy hitters

#12 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:

" I was wondering something, what if Iceman triggered his full potential, wouldn't he be a huge problem for thor? "

Hmm I don't think so. The Frost Giants are much more powerful than Iceman,  and Thor deals with them pretty handily.

I'll have to go with the Avengers, due to Thor's presence on the team. Poor Janet - I don't see her or Hank surviving this battle with morals-off X-Men. 
#13 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine: classic thor lifted the midard serpent off of earth. it looks about a third of the earth's weight.
what do you mean the levels arent like they are today? classic thor has better feats than current thor. colossus cant touch thor. 
#14 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@AQD: how? thor owns storm in weather. and thor has TP resistance to some extent. hes broken free from TP attacks from ppl like moondragon, and The Stranger
#15 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

@flamingmuffin: Didn't that happen in the 80's  80's is not classic thor.
#16 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@PhoenixoftheTides: But He is a Omega level mutant and his true potential is supposed to be a real problem, and he did defeat Oblivion which i cant see thor doing but who knows.
#17 Posted by Vorien79 (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gnarly_Artist said:
" The X-Men have numbers on their side and everything probably goes well in the beginning.....until Thor shouts something about Asgard, Odin and no survivors, beats the X-Men to death solo and leaves them all in a ditch off the side of the Rainbow Road. "
Exactly
#18 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR: He's a problem to normal people, but compared to a god or a high level demon, he is not much more than an annoyance. 
#19 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you obviously dont know who Oblivion is, please do your research then reply again. Thor is severely over rated despite him being one of my favorite characters.

#20 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, the Avengers movie should be called Thor and his cheerleader squad: the not so mighty Avengers. He doesn't need a team. Like the older brother who charitably lets the young siblings feel important

#21 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine: hhmm im pretty sure. of course i could be wrong.
if not. another feat by classic thor im pretty sure would be toppling over the tower of pisa with just a pressure of a finger. i dont think colossus could do that with just a mere pressure from his finger
#22 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR: lol i think hes underrated here at the vine. so much haters
#23 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ramtha07: i think you'll find in a lot of cases he does need them i hate fanboys they completely destroy characters by over hyping them
#24 Posted by Ramtha07 (1291 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:
"

@Ramtha07: i think you'll find in a lot of cases he does need them i hate fanboys they completely destroy characters by over hyping them

"

Sure, lots of good writers out there who make great use of PIS and CIS. Agreed. 

Don't know what Thor would ever do without Captain America at his back. But seriously, you can take the boxing gloves off son. I'm not attacking the creative need for a good group dynamic. Makes for a more interesting read to be sure. But realistically, I'm pretty sure they need Thor more than Thor needs them. Superman benefits greatly by Bruce's mind... the Batman has a lot to offer. Not sure the Marvel verse holds the same truth though. Sure, writers have indeed seen Thor benefit by the good Captain's strategic mind. I mean, Thor has only led Asgard's armies through countless wars and battles throughout the milenia. Whatsoever would he do without Steve's guidance. Just saying.

#25 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR: Hmmm must have missed that storyline. In which book/story arc did Iceman beat Oblivion? 
#26 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR: yeah fanboys completely ruined superman for me. and some flash too
#27 Posted by SuperboyRob (138 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men
#28 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor cannot solo, there are plenty of X-men who could defeat him

#29 Posted by thegrimreaper (3 posts) - - Show Bio

xmen greater no. greater powers and avengers have only the hulk and thor good enough to stand a chance and even then hulk would get beaten up or jean will calm him down telepathically thor might be a trouble but x men will win

#30 Posted by comicbookkid (43 posts) - - Show Bio

i am torn between them

if i had to say avengers

probably

#31 Edited by TheNewFalcon (127 posts) - - Show Bio

if classic doctor strange was ever an avenger, he would wreack them better than thor would.

#32 Posted by clevelandshero23 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk can not be effected by mind attacks look it up

#33 Posted by Batman12321 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, all the way. Thor can't last that long, especially with Jean.

#34 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, all the way. Thor can't last that long, especially with Jean.

#35 Edited by chiq (2022 posts) - - Show Bio

probably boils down to Iceman and Jean vs Thor

#36 Posted by leonkarlen123 (5536 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men because of Iceman and Storm i believe, Colossus could tank all the hits from mjolnir

#37 Posted by SymbioteSaiyan (384 posts) - - Show Bio

X MEN

#38 Posted by Wallacabayka (33 posts) - - Show Bio

If they can drop Thor first, then the X-Men win. Jean could psi-freeze Thor for at least a few seconds, giving Wolverine enough time to slice the $h!t out him. Rogue might be able to drain Hulk until he reverts back to Banner. There are certainly some strategic ways the X-Men can win this, giving their numbers advantage. It would make one hell of a movie!