• 82 results
mikemaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikemaximum

X-Men Gold and Blue are sent back to the time when the Avengers had just formed to assassinate them. The X-Men strike teams and Avengers (1960s) are at their levels during the time in which the teams existed (1990s? so no Phoenix). X-Men get first hit on Thor.
Round One:
Morals on for X-Men, Morals off for Avengers
 R2
Morals off for both teams
R3
Morals on for both teams
R4
Morals off for X-Men, morals on for Avengers.

Classic Avengers: Captain America, Wasp, Giant Man, Sub Mariner, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
                                                                            AND                            
No Caption Provided
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By flamingmuffin

thor can solo. especially since theyre dealing with classic thor

Gnarly_Artist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gnarly_Artist

The X-Men have numbers on their side and everything probably goes well in the beginning.....until Thor shouts something about Asgard, Odin and no survivors, beats the X-Men to death solo and leaves them all in a ditch off the side of the Rainbow Road.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think the X-Men will take all Avengers save for Thor in all rounds. In the end, I think Thor would solo.   

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IZZR

I was wondering something, what if Iceman triggered his full potential, wouldn't he be a huge problem for thor?

AQD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AQD

If the X-Men get first hit on Thor, maybe Storm and Jean can defeat him.

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By CaptainUseless

In my opinion

R1:
Avengers
R2:
X-Men
R3:
Avengers
R4:
X-Men/Avengers

Very close one. For the final round the X-Men will probably win, but there is a chance that the Avengers could win.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Avengers all rounds

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Manchine

I don't see avengers winning anything.  You got to remember back in the olden days the strength levels weren't anything close to what they are from the 80's onward.  Thor would have a hard time even hurting colossus.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#10  Edited By AssertingValor

very close, only factor is how much pain can thor handel.?............................................................................................
FlipSide2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlipSide2710
@Manchine said:
" I don't see avengers winning anything.  You got to remember back in the olden days the strength levels weren't anything close to what they are from the 80's onward.  Thor would have a hard time even hurting colossus. "

for thor, thats very true if we take the time frame into account. but we should also remember that although hulk was also the same way, he still wasn't a pushover. same goes for namor. at the same time, I'm not sure what the TP abilities of psylocke were like during her earlier times, if they were decent, then the dangerous ones on the x-men side would be jean, bettsy, and storm. I still think the avengers should be able to handle this though due to their heavy hitters

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IZZR said:

" I was wondering something, what if Iceman triggered his full potential, wouldn't he be a huge problem for thor? "

Hmm I don't think so. The Frost Giants are much more powerful than Iceman,  and Thor deals with them pretty handily.

I'll have to go with the Avengers, due to Thor's presence on the team. Poor Janet - I don't see her or Hank surviving this battle with morals-off X-Men. 
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By flamingmuffin
@Manchine: classic thor lifted the midard serpent off of earth. it looks about a third of the earth's weight.
what do you mean the levels arent like they are today? classic thor has better feats than current thor. colossus cant touch thor. 
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By flamingmuffin
@AQD: how? thor owns storm in weather. and thor has TP resistance to some extent. hes broken free from TP attacks from ppl like moondragon, and The Stranger
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Manchine

@flamingmuffin: Didn't that happen in the 80's  80's is not classic thor.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IZZR
@PhoenixoftheTides: But He is a Omega level mutant and his true potential is supposed to be a real problem, and he did defeat Oblivion which i cant see thor doing but who knows.
Vorien79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Vorien79
@Gnarly_Artist said:
" The X-Men have numbers on their side and everything probably goes well in the beginning.....until Thor shouts something about Asgard, Odin and no survivors, beats the X-Men to death solo and leaves them all in a ditch off the side of the Rainbow Road. "
Exactly
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IZZR: He's a problem to normal people, but compared to a god or a high level demon, he is not much more than an annoyance. 
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IZZR

lol you obviously dont know who Oblivion is, please do your research then reply again. Thor is severely over rated despite him being one of my favorite characters.

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ramtha07

Seriously, the Avengers movie should be called Thor and his cheerleader squad: the not so mighty Avengers. He doesn't need a team. Like the older brother who charitably lets the young siblings feel important

flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By flamingmuffin
@Manchine: hhmm im pretty sure. of course i could be wrong.
if not. another feat by classic thor im pretty sure would be toppling over the tower of pisa with just a pressure of a finger. i dont think colossus could do that with just a mere pressure from his finger
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By flamingmuffin
@IZZR: lol i think hes underrated here at the vine. so much haters
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IZZR
@Ramtha07: i think you'll find in a lot of cases he does need them i hate fanboys they completely destroy characters by over hyping them
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ramtha07
@IZZR said:
"

@Ramtha07: i think you'll find in a lot of cases he does need them i hate fanboys they completely destroy characters by over hyping them

"

Sure, lots of good writers out there who make great use of PIS and CIS. Agreed. 

Don't know what Thor would ever do without Captain America at his back. But seriously, you can take the boxing gloves off son. I'm not attacking the creative need for a good group dynamic. Makes for a more interesting read to be sure. But realistically, I'm pretty sure they need Thor more than Thor needs them. Superman benefits greatly by Bruce's mind... the Batman has a lot to offer. Not sure the Marvel verse holds the same truth though. Sure, writers have indeed seen Thor benefit by the good Captain's strategic mind. I mean, Thor has only led Asgard's armies through countless wars and battles throughout the milenia. Whatsoever would he do without Steve's guidance. Just saying.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IZZR: Hmmm must have missed that storyline. In which book/story arc did Iceman beat Oblivion? 
flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By flamingmuffin
@IZZR: yeah fanboys completely ruined superman for me. and some flash too
SuperboyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SuperboyRob

x-men
troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By troller

Thor cannot solo, there are plenty of X-men who could defeat him

thegrimreaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thegrimreaper

xmen greater no. greater powers and avengers have only the hulk and thor good enough to stand a chance and even then hulk would get beaten up or jean will calm him down telepathically thor might be a trouble but x men will win

comicbookkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By comicbookkid

i am torn between them

if i had to say avengers

probably

TheNewFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheNewFalcon

if classic doctor strange was ever an avenger, he would wreack them better than thor would.

Avatar image for clevelandshero23
clevelandshero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk can not be effected by mind attacks look it up

Batman12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men, all the way. Thor can't last that long, especially with Jean.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men, all the way. Thor can't last that long, especially with Jean.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By chiq

probably boils down to Iceman and Jean vs Thor

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men because of Iceman and Storm i believe, Colossus could tank all the hits from mjolnir

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X MEN

Wallacabayka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can drop Thor first, then the X-Men win. Jean could psi-freeze Thor for at least a few seconds, giving Wolverine enough time to slice the $h!t out him. Rogue might be able to drain Hulk until he reverts back to Banner. There are certainly some strategic ways the X-Men can win this, giving their numbers advantage. It would make one hell of a movie!

VictorGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: he doesn't. It's the typical lie to favor his character without real evidence. It's like saying "Captain Anerica defeated all the Avengers and then destroyed Earth. How can people underrate him?" Without even providing any kind of evidence, and you can see that whem you asked him for such, he stopped replying to everyone.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By just_sayin

The 1960's Avengers defeated all the X-Men, fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Daredevil in one day in Giant Size Avengers #2. They would take all rounds. Thor and Hulk would be too much for them. The 90's Avengers? Depending on who is in the 90's squad of Avengers the X-Men could probably beat the main Avengers team from the 90's.

Gaztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

60s Thor isn't beating X-Men Gold. Jean Grey assailing his mind, Storm contesting his weather control, Bishop absorbing his lightning, Iceman hampering him physically, Archangel doing hit and runs, and Colossus in his face is way too much for early Thor. No matter how many ridiculous things he could accomplish by twirling his hammer around, Thor still struggled physically against Mr. Hyde and King Cobra back then.

Can the Blue strike force handle the rest of the Avengers? Absolutely. Hulk is a big ball of roiling conflict that gets immediately shorted out by Psylocke. Namor gets drained and beaten by Rogue. Iron Man gets shot down by Cyclops. Wasp falls to Jubilee's AOE attack. Wolverine cuts Giant Man down to size. Beast uses his superior strength, toughness, agility, athleticism, and acrobatics to overpower a Cap not yet used to fighting superhumans. Done.

Avatar image for super_trunks555
Super_Trunks555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:
I don't see avengers winning anything. You got to remember back in the olden days the strength levels weren't anything close to what they are from the 80's onward. Thor would have a hard time even hurting colossus.

But Colossus sucks. Like... Name for me a freaking Colossus villain

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:
I don't see avengers winning anything. You got to remember back in the olden days the strength levels weren't anything close to what they are from the 80's onward. Thor would have a hard time even hurting colossus.

But Colossus sucks. Like... Name for me a freaking Colossus villain

Juggernaut. Those 2 have fought more times then anyone. He usually can stand his ground for some time before juggernaut wears him down.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

avengers

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

could go either way

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers 6/10

Avatar image for theultimatenova2324
Theultimatenova2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It depends if both teams have everyone who has ever served as a member of either. I'd say the x men are stronger in number but the avengers have more firepower and skill in combat. The avengers would probably come out on top

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X men. Too many telepaths shutting down minds and turning avengers against each other.

Too much variety. May not have as many martial arts inclined members but makes up for it with people whose skin is too too for punching and kicking.

Nrad1968

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaztacular: Absolutely right!! Thor would not last with even a few of those characters attacking him. And Colossus has fought Juggernaut on countless occasions, and while he didn't win he put up good fights, and Juggy is tougher than Thor. If Thor was distracted, he could easily get KO'd by Colossus. Psylocke has taken out Juggy's mind before and could do the same to Thor, as could Jean.