Who will win?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bumping because we need a positive psychic thread where everyone agrees

R1- GOD STOMP by Team B. Rachel solos Quire. Then joins Emma and Jean for the disrespecting of Charles Xavier.

R2- Team 1 can pull a 50/50 if I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here. Otherwise easily Phoenix

R3- Dark Phoenix might just lose to this team.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

R1- GOD STOMP by Team B. Rachel solos Quire. Then joins Emma and Jean for the disrespecting of Charles Xavier.

R2- Team 1 can pull a 50/50 if I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here. Otherwise easily Phoenix

hmmm

R1 yeah team B takes it handily

R2 - I'm gonna favor team B still. I believe phoenix Jean can beat any 2 of them while Emma can beat/stalemate/hold off 1 while Jean is finishing up

R3 - I dunno about DP losing. When Xavier defeated dark phoenix, it was only barely and only because Jean helped him. That was from Ages ago. Current Jean is a match for Xavier on her own, with the amp of the phoenix and bloodlusted, I think I favor her.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

hmmm

R1 yeah team B takes it handily

R2 - I'm gonna favor team B still. I believe phoenix Jean can beat any 2 of them while Emma can beat/stalemate/hold off 1 while Jean is finishing up

R3 - I dunno about DP losing. When Xavier defeated dark phoenix, it was only barely and only because Jean helped him. That was from Ages ago. Current Jean is a match for Xavier on her own, with the amp of the phoenix and bloodlusted, I think I favor her.

Well no i assume Dark Phoenix is the classic version for this fight. In which case they could topple her here provided Chuck is ready to o the distance again

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: oh if it's the same dark phoenix that was in the DP Saga then ok team wins. I assumed we are using current versions my bad

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: So does that mean classic Green Phoenix too?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elpendejo: Well, we actually have seen Jean as Green Phoenix since then in New X-Men and Endsong. So we can at least apply feats up to that point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Ok good. Tbh as telepathy wise, modern Jean seems more impressive than Classic Phoenix.

Anyways for round 1, I’d give it to team b. Rachel or Emma could take on quire while the other 2 take on Xavier. Once Emma/Rachel are done with quire it’ll be a 3v1 and I doubt Xavier could handle that

For round 2, well even if it’s modern Phoenix it’s still hard to say. I guess I’ll give it to team B 60/40

For round 3, I mean if Xavier can win with Jean’s help I think team wins it

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By marvelfan1992

@elpendejo said:

@koays: Ok good. Tbh as telepathy wise, modern Jean seems more impressive than Classic Phoenix.

Anyways for round 1, I’d give it to team b. Rachel or Emma could take on quire while the other 2 take on Xavier. Once Emma/Rachel are done with quire it’ll be a 3v1 and I doubt Xavier could handle that

For round 2, well even if it’s modern Phoenix it’s still hard to say. I guess I’ll give it to team B 60/40

For round 3, I mean if Xavier can win with Jean’s help I think team wins it

well her classic phoenix days were more focused on her TK and her phoenix powers (blasting stuff lol)

Jean with either Rachel or Emma would handily beat Xavier, it wont come down to a 3on1

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@elpendejo: classic Phoenix hardly used telepathy anyway, especially to fight. It was mostly tk and energy projection. Her greatest feats were telepathically fighting on all planes of reality simultaneously and granting cosmic awareness to cause insanity. I'd wager Rachel would be the only one to properly handle feat two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: @lordofallhumans: That was kinda one of the very few things I disliked about Jean in the Phoenix saga. I know telepathy would’ve made most of the conflicts solved easily but the thoughts “Jean just use your telepathy” came into my head a lot.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team B for the win. As I’ve said in another thread, Quentin Quires biggest problem is his cockiness, but in this battle, we can top it off with hate for Xavier. That lack of teamwork plus possibly the most consistent deadliest telepaths who have worked together multiple times equals a sure fire win. Not even Xavier could contend.

Round 2: A little more fair, but Team B still wins based on Jean solely. The only way for team A to win is if Rachel can steal the Phoenix from Jean. Not some of it, but all of it. That’s where we run into a problem. Rachel has never stolen the Phoenix from anyone before. She’s given it away and she has siphoned some power from a Blade with less minimal power than Anti-Phoenix or the Phoenix Five. Plus, the Phoenix favoring Jean more, that gives a guarantee that Team A will have to face it without an amp beyond what they can do on their own. Xavier has fought the Phoenix before, BUT he barely won the first time by Jeans interference. The second time was in Rachels head, in which wasn’t a fight but more of slipping past Rachels defenses and the Phoenix promptly kicked him out. Then he totally lost by Scott once Scott got Emmas Phoenix piece in full. Emma can handle Quire with ease and I bet Rachel and Xavier will be dealing with Phoenix Jean rather than Emma. Once Emma takes Rachel down, it will be an easy win against Xavier.

Round 3: The poster never stated what version of Dark Phoenix, so I’m assuming we are talking up to Phoenix Resurrection.

First, let’s go into Jeans fine control of the Phoenix. The Phoenix Force itself states that Jeans power and influence when wielding the Phoenix is unmatched. Though it could be merely stating in regards to White Phoenix, it should be noted that Teen Jean, with only enough Phoenix power to quell Emma’s addiction, was sent to the White Hot Room and takefull control over the planes after realizing just where she was. I don’t believe Teen Jean could have done that if she were any other Jean Grey than our 616 version. And by golly, Extermination confirms that she is our Jean, which means even tiny version of Jean displayed such control over the heart of the Phoenix that the Phoenix had no choice but comply with her demands. That is the range of influence Jean has over the Force.

Now going into the battle, I do believe there is a way for Team A to win. Xavier must battle Jean like in the Saga. Rachel will need to deal with the Phoenix aspects, nullifying any devestating attacks through her experience as Phoenix. Emma Frost would need to go for some sneaky and cunning tactics. Quentin will need to have some stinkin teamwork or else he falls first. I’m sure the three can do this without Quire, but Quire increases their chances. So, what’s working against them? Only the simple fact that the Phoenix Force jostles has fought a telepathic team of Emma, Quentin Quire, and the Stepford Cuckoos, all while Teen Jean and Hope go for physical and telekinetic attacks with Cables Psimitar at Jeans disposal. The Phoenix took out all psychics and killed Teen Jean in the end. So, if Emma and Quire have lost against the Phoenix before with more help, I can’t see why they’d go down beyond the fact that Xavier and Rachel are here instead of Teen Jean and the Cuckoos. If Dark Phoenix takes Emma down, the chances are much slimmer. Rachel is Xavier’s best asset due to her connection to Jean and Phoenix. That said, Rachel can’t carry Xavier to victory. Xavier’s gotta put in work. Another downfall, Xavier was killed, despite the fact that he had a team of Avengers and X-Men backing him up, including Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, and Magneto, fully prepped no less.

So, it’s a 50/50 chance depending on how competently Team A, specifically Rachel and Xavier, fight.

@koays: Any objections?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Koays

@pyrofn: No objections.....another fine breakdown. I'd nit pick Rachel's stealing the Phoenix..(thats exactly what she did to Korvus...and something similar to Necron...and kinda seemed like she wanted to when talking to P5 Scott) But thats my own pride talking.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyro said it pretty well, I’ll side Team B all rounds