X men/Mutants(movies) vs. Harry Potter Wizards

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GXrevolution96

The wizards are suddenly transported to the Xavier institute. Both sides view each other as threat and fighting breaks out. Who wins

Mutants: Storm, Jean(X2), Bishop, Magneto, Kitty, Iceman, Wolverine, Blink & Colossus

Wizards: Dumbledore, Voldermort, Harry, Severus, Madeye Moody, Belletrix, MacGonagall

• Both sides have prep and knowledge
  • Both sides are working as a team
  • Professor X is included, but he can only use his psychic abilities to co-ordinate his team(psychic link)
  • Unforgivable curses are not allowed
  • Start 50 ft apart
  • No Horcruxes
  • No potions, mind control or possession.
legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By legacy6364

Mutants stomp hard.

How dare you put Hermione in this!

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wizards, Voldemort and Dumbledor solo.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

gjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wizards with prep win handily, they can set up wards, tricks and traps to a very high degree. Does Voldy have his horcruxes? If so he probably solos. No unforgivables makes it harder, but fiendfyre and some other high level spells (e.g. Dumbledore and Voldemort in Order of the Phoenix) should do the trick. Also Moody's eye makes the wizards incredibly hard to sneak up on.

Korraspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Korraspirit

@leo-343 Unforgivable curses are not allowed

gjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korraspirit: @korraspirit: Can't MacGonagal/Moody just turn them all into rats and then every goes for a butterbeer? None of the movie x-men have any magic resistance I can recall so...?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutants win. Blink redirects every spell, while Magneto and Storm uses all of their powers to attack. Then Kitty goes intagible with Wolverine and they attack and go intagible again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wizards.

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The wizards are going to OWN this.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even without unforgivable curses, Wizards have too much versatility. Given prep they should take this provided that this is the book versions.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean uses telekinesis to take the wands out of Wizards hands. Then Wolverine rips them limb by limb.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

X-Men should take this.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Jean could effortlessly lift multiple cars when she was untrained. Trained, her TK should be stronger than Dumbledore and Voldemort's wand-less magic. And even if it isn't, it isn't weaker by much and Wolverine, Colossus and Storm would KO them before they get their wands back.

In addition, they have no way to hit Kitty who can rip out their hearts one by one.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@black_arrow: Or- the Wizards use fiendfire which kills the mutants or take sour most of them. Then the rest are easy pickings.

Blink uses portal to redirect it to the Wizards, or Iceman stops it with his ice, or Magneto creates a wall of metal to protect the mutants.

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch ...

Come on seriously ...

Movie Magneto his reflexes are so fast he can stop a bullet at 1000 meters / second , and he can even put his mind in a bullet and coordinate it while it's going 1000 meters a second ( Days of the future past to kill Revan ) .

First of all he has prep so magneto should be wearing a full metal outfit , have metal balls with him together with metal wires , some sort of plates he can fire at them while being shields etc ...

He can perfectly create flat iron objects , and use them as shields against the magic spells .

He can shoot metal pieces at all wizards before they can even think about what spell they should use .

He can collapse the roof above them also .

he could solo for sure .

EDIT : Magneto would see the spells coming in slow motion , while he can move normal , that is how it should be like really .

Then there's iceman who could just create ice walls , he could create an extra ice armor around he's ice body so their stunning or other spells can't reach him while he freezes them 1 by 1 .

Iceman can easily solo as i don't think magic spells can go trough ice .

Jean could as been said before here grab their wands, throw the wizards against the walls , and she can also redirect cyclops laser , so i think she can redirect the magic spells as well but i'm not sure .

Jean can solo as well .

And don't get me even started about the rest lol

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Arrow
@leo-343 said:

@black_arrow: Fiendfire can take the shape of magical animals which are much bigger than blinks portals plus it is cursed Fire meaning it can't be put out by non magical means so iceman can do anything.

The the fire will butn through the metal it is magical.

a couple of kids outran it the X men can teleport. Ice man and Magneto can slowed it down while they run.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xmen win this so easily

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: feindfire's not unavoidable. Besides no one here has ever used feindfire in combat (assuming this is book versions, movie Voldemort's fire snake might have been feindfire)

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Black_Arrow

@leo-343 said:

@black_arrow: No they didn't out run it they were on broomsticks.

blink will be the one teleporting them and she'll get swamed by giant maical Fire beasts and get burnet to a crisp, all of the wizards can teleport as well.

She is faster than any of them and she can teleport groups.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arcus1

@leo-343: and what's stopping Blink from just teleporting them away or Magneto and Storm from battering the wizards or electrocuting them or impaling them?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

In the books only Dumbledore and Voldemort have apparated in combat

Protego has only really been used to block magic, it doesn't have any feats to suggest it can block physical attacks like lightning or metal

Half of those spells can be blocked or dodged or redirected by Blink

Magneto and Storm can fly too

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Then why do they never apparate in combat?

We don't know if Protego could block magic lightning

No, I don't expect Blink to redirect every spell, I was just including it as an option among dodging and blocking (which I did mention so I don't know why you're saying I only mentioned Blink

I never said the Mutants had an advantage with flight, simply that it didn't give the wizards as much of an advantage as you were suggesting

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@arcus: As you have said voldemort and Dumbledore have teleported in combat, since the others aren't really that far behind magic wise is isn't crazy to assume they can do so as well.

Yes protego blocks Eveything apart from avada kedavra depending on the wizards power and skill... Every wizard here Is about as poweful land skillful as it gets. I have no doubt they can block storms lightning as they've conjured and blocked the elements before.

Blink redirecting some spells is an option however she can't do it for every one.

Flight is a huge advantage... They can fly around at high speeds and spam spells while mags and storm can only hover and move slowly.

If they could and it's such a valuable tactic then why doesn't anyone else use it. Voldemort and Dumbledore are in their own tier abover everyone else here

Proof that protego blocks everything? When have these wizards used Protego to block attacks like lightning, or Magneto's metal attacks or Bishop's blasts?

I never said Blink needed to do it for everyone, why do you keep bringing that up like I said she would?

How fast can Voldemort and Snape fly? They'll have to work around Storm's tornadoes and thunder storms

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@arcus: It's in the book mate, it blocks all spells (bar the killing curse) and physicall entities. Plus they could just conjure an actual shield or barrier to do the blocking.

I do recall wizards teleporting In the battle of hogwarts and death earters doing it iirc

They fast enough to catch up to broom sticks, so at least around 120-150 mph.

How do the mutants counter stunning spells? Transfiguration? Magic fire beings which I can't stress can't be put out and are absolutely massive, cloaking spells so the wizards are invisible? Sectumsempra by Snape which would pretty much insta kill any one he used it on apart from wolverine, kitty and maybe colossus.

If it's so clear in the books you should be able to give me a quote?

I don't remember that, they might have teleported sometimes but not as part of a fight iirc

Only Voldemort caught up to Harry on Hagrid's bike, we don't know about Snape

Sunning spells can be blocked or dodged easily. How many wizards here use transfiguration in combat? Fiendfire is not unavoidable

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@thenewbluebeetle007: huh?? This is X1 Jean and her tk wasn't nearly that strong. She gets owned pretty quickly.

I see voldemort just using legitimacy to mind torture kitty and the rest leaving hem open for attack.

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/4hzefm/x-men-the-last-stand-i-like-this-one

That's when she just met magneto and professor x, before she had training of any kind, before X1. She didn't even look at the cars. Her telekinesis is stronger now.

And even if Dumbledore and Voldemort's combined WAND-LESS magic is on the same level as Jean's TK (it isn't), the rest are still useless, and while Dumbledore and Voldemort are trying to get their wands back, Wolverine slices them in half. Or Storm electrocutes them. Or Iceman freezes them. You get the idea.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Arcus1

@leo-343 said:

@arcus: Not at the moment im in bed, could do in the morning. I'm pretty sure they did teleport a few times.

Voldemort caught up to Harry's bike and Snape attacked other aura and hit one of the weasley's wih sectumsempra, in the 6th book magonnagall says something like 'you've been taught by your new master' when she sees him flying.

Stunning spells can be blocked by what? Haha oh yeh by magic last time I checked the mutants don't have magic so they'll get hit, it can be dodged but they can be spammed continuously and hey'll find their target.

Transfiguration in combat? Dumbledore, magonnagall and Voldemort for certain.

About the fiendfire it's there permanently. Huge magical beasts won't be avoided unless blink teleports her team about then she'll get over whelmed. I dont see the wizards losing this, they have an answer for everything.

Yeah that's fine

I know Voldemort caught up to the bike. Snape was on a broom. Just because Snape can fly doesn't mean he's as fast or as skilled as Voldemort

Stunning spells can be blocked by solid objects.

When have they transfigured people in combat?

The fiendfyre won't protect the wizards from getting skewered or electrocuted or caught up in F5 tornadoes

Why will Blink automatically get overwhelmed if she teleports?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Days of Future past. Wizard version.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: The fact is that Jean Grey could effortlessly lift multiple cars before the events of X1. That is an undeniable fact.

As such, it is safe to assume that she can pull a few wands out of the wizards' hands without too much trouble. And that is how Wolverine will get in class. A wizard without his wand is nothing. And yes I would like to know the spell that could put Jean down, not that the wizards would get a chance to use it.

In addition, as @arcus said, the wizards have never apparated or transmuted anything while in combat.

Lastly, Erik can make the mansion fall on them, and while the Wizards are struggling to hold it up, Storm can electrocute them. Don't tell me that a wizard can effortlessly move a building because they have never been shown to do so.

@gxrevolution96: is this in character?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheVivas

Mutants.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@arcus: Fair enough about the flying, it's still very much in the wizards advantage though.

Stunning spells can be blocked by objects but some will eventually get in and the wizards have a multitude of spells to choose from.

Moody has transfigured in combat, dumbledore and magonagall have been professors of transfiguration.

The fiendfire will kill most of the mutants. It can't be put out. I can't see wolverine getting close, they'll just teleport away.

Blink will get overwhelmed when there are multiple 30 feet fire beasts bounding towards her setting Everything on fire whilst having to worry about her team whilst having to worry about dozens of spells coming at her and her team.

How do we know some will get in?

Moody transfigured Draco Malfoy as discipline, that's not the same. Actually, that was Bart Crouch pretending to be Moody

They still don't seem to use transfiguration of people much in combat

How do you know the fiendfire will kill most of the mutants? How do you know these wizards will use it in combat?

Blink is not completely responsible for the X-Men, she can help but it's not like everything relies on her

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAN EVERYONE JUST STOP ? THIS BATTLE IS OVER .

MAGNETO SEES EVERYTHING IN SLOW MOTION SO HE WOULD KILL EVERY WIZARD IN 1 / 10 OF A SECOND .

STOP USING FRIENDLY FIRE , JEAN GREY CAN BLOCK IT, .

ICEMAN CAN FREEZE THEM FASTER THAN THEY CAN CREATE SPELLS / FRIENDLY FIRES .

THEY ARE ONLY 15 METERS AWAY , JEAN GREY PULLS THEIR WANDS AWAY BEFORE THEY CAN DO ANYTHING .

THE FACT IS MAGNETO IS TOO FAST , THE END .