#1 Posted by Child Of The Dark Phoenix (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Cyclops in no longer in commission the X-men have decided to have a no holds brawl to see who should lead the X-men.

The battle will take place to the death (however they will be resurrected after the battle is done.)

-Storm

-Wolverine

-Colossus

-Emma

-Kitty

-Psylocke

-Rachel

Who will win and lead the X-men?!

Battle takes place in the middle of an open field. Each person starts off 20ft from each other. No morals.

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine in terms of leadership. Oddly, he does a pretty good job.

As for the actual fight, I'm not sure. Most likely Logan due to "elimination by death" rule.

#3 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus. I think he'd be much more respectful and willing to take others opinions into consideration. A quality I think befitting of a leader. He doesn't have a lot of qualifications as such, but I think if he were thrown into the position he'd do very well. He might be able to win in a fight, but I think Storm or Emma would win that fight.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#4 Posted by Dextersinister (5737 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the telepaths will win the fight, it will be between Emma and Rachel in the end.

#5 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

FYI, X-men do not chose their leaders by fighting eachother, if so, cyclops wont be the leader. in terms of leadership skills, obviously wolverine. he has a lot more experience than the others, he went through both world wars

also, when Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a danger room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head" which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat. He remembers Ogun teaching him Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

#6 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma would win unfortunately.

However, it would be awesome to see Colossus take leadership of the team.

#7 Posted by Grim_Hunter (23 posts) - - Show Bio

It will come down to Emma, Storm, and Rachel. The others are pretty much non factors as they can be taken out by any of the three women. In a vs battle between these 3 I think Emma would be the weakest link because Storm always beats Emma in the comics and during this match I think Rachel would use her TK to rip her apart. Even her diamond form wont save her because her TK can manipulate things on the molecular level.

Rachel vs Storm is a tough one. Storm has shown that she can hold Rachel off with her willpower and in the past she has blocked TK with her lightning. So basing on the "fight" they had in Uncanny I'm going to give it to Storm. Her powers will go completely bat sh!t and Rachel will then have no choice to split her concentration between TK and TP which would be her downfall.

So in conclusion the victor in my opinion would be Storm.

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel. Strong enough of a telepath to hold off the others and TK is the deciding factor which can one shot Storm and against the other telepaths. She can then TP whoever is left like Kitty or Colossus for example.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Rachel would win.She is a strong TP and can take the others out with it and she can also use TK to take them out.

#10 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Rachel. Strong enough of a telepath to hold off the others and TK is the deciding factor which can one shot Storm and against the other telepaths. She can then TP whoever is left like Kitty or Colossus for example.

Why you always gotta pick on Storm man? Why she can't go after Colossus or Psylocke?

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: She's uber powerful yet a glass cannon. Rachel was strong enough recently to block Thor's attacks with TK without a seemingly huge strain on her part and strong enough to floor him as well. Considering all the telepaths will try and eliminate everyone as quick as possible, it means everyone who isn't immune or a telepath themselves will be surged with that attack. Even if some have resistance, they will either go down or feel it causing a moment's gap which can allow TK near the second after to down the rest. This should be a relatively short, yet extremely brutal fight. Rachel's got the fire power here to down everyone and the speed (in thought) to defend against Storm's attacks and one shot her.

#12 Edited by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: She's uber powerful yet a glass cannon. Rachel was strong enough recently to block Thor's attacks with TK without a seemingly huge strain on her part and strong enough to floor him as well. Considering all the telepaths will try and eliminate everyone as quick as possible, it means everyone who isn't immune or a telepath themselves will be surged with that attack. Even if some have resistance, they will either go down or feel it causing a moment's gap which can allow TK near the second after to down the rest. This should be a relatively short, yet extremely brutal fight. Rachel's got the fire power here to down everyone and the speed (in thought) to defend against Storm's attacks and one shot her.

Then managed to hammer time his @ss. Classic.

And the same can be said for Storm. No morals battle mean that everyone is either going to get frozen or incinerated......Or my favorite....crushed to a pulp. Not saying that Rachel couldn't win. But I don't think that it's as cut and dry as that as we both know how fast Storm can attack and her track record with TP/TK.

edit- because CV is against me using the bold/italics.

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: I think Storm is the second best bet here tbh. But my money is still on Rachel. Ororo will definitely feel people of Emma, Psy and Rachel all trying to get in her head at once which IMO should at least cause a momentary lapse. They may not get in in time but with that distraction a quick TK (considering it happens in the speed of though) should since Bets and Rach have it. But I think Rachel has the best TK here and can use some pretty potent force fields which I think is why I'm giving her the majority cause she is the only one that can really defend against Storm's attacks save for Kitty, who is resistant to TP, but not immune in a phased state.

#14 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: I think Storm is the second best bet here tbh. But my money is still on Rachel. Ororo will definitely feel people of Emma, Psy and Rachel all trying to get in her head at once which IMO should at least cause a momentary lapse. They may not get in in time but with that distraction a quick TK (considering it happens in the speed of though) should since Bets and Rach have it. But I think Rachel has the best TK here and can use some pretty potent force fields which I think is why I'm giving her the majority cause she is the only one that can really defend against Storm's attacks save for Kitty, who is resistant to TP, but not immune in a phased state.

Well if they try to get in her head at the same time that would make it worse for them. If they try to overload her the weather will reflect that meaning that the same thing that happened in Uncanny will happen here. Rachel would have to get close (as in face to face) to effectively use her powers. Now Emma and the others may still be around (but probably unconscious at this point) but the winds I know Storm will be producing will most likely bfr all of them. I'm just going to give Psylocke the BOTD but in truth I doubt her TK is strong enough to stand out.

Rachel on the other hand most likely will still be there. But her powers would be rendered ineffective. We've seen her TP isn't strong enough to get passes Storm's defenses and Storm has matched and defeated TK's before.

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: She can't BFR here which is the problem and I won't pick her. Otherwise she can literally clean house. I personally think weather powers defending against mental energies like telekinesis is quite stupid. Nothing against Storm, just my stance on it. I think if Rachel is strong enough to match Thor in combat, then she can definitely blast Storm with it enough hurt her. Storm isn't immune to telepathy and can be affected by psionic energies. 3 telepaths of that caliber can at least effect her to some degree hence why it gives the option for her defeat in telekinesis, that is all.

#16 Edited by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: She can't BFR here which is the problem and I won't pick her. Otherwise she can literally clean house. I personally think weather powers defending against mental energies like telekinesis is quite stupid. Nothing against Storm, just my stance on it. I think if Rachel is strong enough to match Thor in combat, then she can definitely blast Storm with it enough hurt her. Storm isn't immune to telepathy and can be affected by psionic energies. 3 telepaths of that caliber can at least effect her to some degree hence why it gives the option for her defeat in telekinesis, that is all.

Meh I tend to think of it as energy fighting energy. I mean look at her.. Winds blocking magnetic force blasts......Optic beams........"The foce" of the Marvel universe.

I don't remember exaclty but did Rachel use TP on Thor was was it all TK?

#17 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: I can understand the blasts and stuff being blocked but TK is moving an object without necessarily touching it. So if she can grab around Storm then there is no wind blocking. which is what I think should happen. But maybe I'm just being bullheaded here. I already think Storm can take some wins but I feel Rachel has the necessary tools. Regardless, I could be wrong then I guess.

TK only IIRC.

#18 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: I can understand the blasts and stuff being blocked but TK is moving an object without necessarily touching it. So if she can grab around Storm then there is no wind blocking. which is what I think should happen. But maybe I'm just being bullheaded here. I already think Storm can take some wins but I feel Rachel has the necessary tools. Regardless, I could be wrong then I guess.

TK only IIRC.

But it goes beyond that. She's using her elemental energy which would take the form of wind/lightning to counter the psionic energy. Though I doubt Marvel really thinks that far when they write battles with her using this technique.

Ok.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: I guess. And I just thought of the Sue Storm comparison. The psionic energy does have to travel somehow. Sue has a shield up and no TK or TP can get through so Rachel would have to fight it. I just see her reaching past it for some reason though. I'm willing to concede, just having trouble getting beyond the stupidity of it IMO. And I know I shouldn't be like this but I can't help it.

#20 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: I guess. And I just thought of the Sue Storm comparison. The psionic energy does have to travel somehow. Sue has a shield up and no TK or TP can get through so Rachel would have to fight it. I just see her reaching past it for some reason though. I'm willing to concede, just having trouble getting beyond the stupidity of it IMO. And I know I shouldn't be like this but I can't help it.

Open your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: I am. I see F5s, corpses, and lightning bolts everywhere. My only problem is Kitty.

#22 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: I am. I see F5s, corpses, and lightning bolts everywhere. My only problem is Kitty.

What's wrong with her?

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: She's untouchable =O.

#24 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: She's untouchable =O.

Actually Storm has broken her concentration enough to de-phase her. If she sets it up right she could replicate this feat.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: You got me then. Storm solos.

#26 Edited by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: You got me then. Storm solos.

Storm always wins! Now go preach the truth my child!

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: She's joining X-Force, you lose.

#28 Edited by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm: She's joining X-Force, you lose.

I just want her to spill some blood. I really don't care if it goes against what she believes in. I just want her to do it. And this book is her best shot of that. So I win!