Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

Welcome the the X-Men Family Feud!

Straight from Mojo's genial mind, here's the new tv show that will keep you glued to your tv screens!

What happens when you take some mutant families and throw them in pair in an arena to face each other? A X-Men Family Feud!

No Caption Provided

This is a tournament, and the teams will face each other untill only one will remain.

Combatants are in character, with morals on and willing to work with each other. They fight here:

large arena, they start in front of each other and can't leave the place
large arena, they start in front of each other and can't leave the place

Summers Family

- Havok;

- Cyclops;

- Vulcan.

Leensher Family

- Magneto(full powered);

- Magnus(Exiles);

- Polaris;

Frost Family

- Emma Frost(full powered);

- Stepford Cuckoos(5-In-One);

- Ruby Summers.

Grey Family

- Teen Jean Grey;

- Rachel Grey;

- Cable.

St.Croix Family

- Monet St.Croix;

- Croix Twins;

- Emplate.

Darkholme Family

- Mystique;

- Nigthcrawler(with Soulsword);

- Rogue(with Psylocke's, Wolverine's, Wonder Man's powers);

Rasputin Family

- Colossus;

- Magik(current);

- Kitty Pryde.

Xavier Family

- Professor X;

- Juggernaut;

- Amelia Voght.

Braddock Family

- Captain Britain;

- Psylocke;

- Meggan.

Cassidy Family

No Caption Provided

- Death Seed Banshee;

- Syrin;

- Black Tom Cassidy(with plant and energy powers).

Maximoff Family

- Quicksilver;

- Scarlet Witch;

- Crystal.

Mckenzie Family

- Namor;

- Namora;

- Sue Storm(616 Sue Storm, but she looked cool and Namor-ish in that image).

*I know some of this may seem like a stretch when it comes to family-bonds but I tried to make them the most even I could

Here are the random matches!

No Caption Provided

Who do you think will win each match and who do you think will be the last team standing?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can I just pick the ones who will lose?

Ok So

R1

A = Lensher (Magneto basically solos)

B= Summers (Vulcan is ridiculous)

C= Frost (Though I'm not sure if Siryn has TP resistance)

D= Xavier (Really none of them could stop the Juggernaut)

R2

E- Lensher V Braddock = Lensher (tough battle but a huge ranged power gap with Polaris on the field)

F- Darkholme V Summers = Summers ( Vulcan slaughters)

G- Frost V Rasputin = Rasputin (Magik has a rough solo)

H- Xavier vs Mckenzie = Xavier (Long hard battle but Prof. X trumps)

R3

I- Lensher V Summers= Lensher (in almost a Curbstomp....Polaris consistently beats Vulcan)

J- Rasputin V Xavier = Xavier (Magik can remove Xavier...but by the time she comes back for Juggernaut it's basically over)

R4

K- Xavier V Lensherr = Stalemate. The combination of Magnetism's could take out everyone on the other side in a big show of strength.....or Juggernaut could rush them while Xavier starts attacking Polaris' mind.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: thanks for taking time to reply :)
As for your choices, are you sure that Polaris can beat Vulcan so easily? And can't magic easily take care of Juggernaut since he's magic-based?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: Vulcan was visibly scared of Polaris even when she was restrained and drugged....so yea I'm confident she's got him. And Magik only ever seemed to have power over Juggernaut when she brought him to her realm, but even then that was before the latest transformation that the current Juggs got...so it's up in the air, but i'm leaning on him just because even if Magik does somehow take him out..Amelia Voight would save it for the team last minute.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@veitha: Vulcan was visibly scared of Polaris even when she was restrained and drugged....so yea I'm confident she's got him. And Magik only ever seemed to have power over Juggernaut when she brought him to her realm, but even then that was before the latest transformation that the current Juggs got...so it's up in the air, but i'm leaning on him just because even if Magik does somehow take him out..Amelia Voight would save it for the team last minute.

how good is current Juggs? I haven't read Amazing X-Men.

Oh and as for Frost vs Rasputin, the Cuckoos proved effective against Illyana with psi-bolts recently(even if it was Bendis so I wouldn't bet on this lol).

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@veitha: cassidy or Baddock wins this bud

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish you'd of given Mikhail to the Rasputin team instead of Kitty. Reality Warper ftw.

GreeenDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in Xaviers vs Leenshers family vs Greys vs Maximoff. Then it'll be a toss up which I think Xavier or Magneto's teams can win. I love the idea of this, I'm a huge X-Men fan aha. Being a fan of the Cassidy family too I think they have a chance.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

D= Xavier (Really none of them could stop the Juggernaut)

Really without a no BFR clause two powerful telekinetics (three if we are giving Cable his powers) can't do anything to Juggernaut? I'll remind you Jean with newly activated telepathy has been shown to mind blast him through is helmet and Teen Jean is more powerful than Marvel Girl was back then. Teen Jean was also able to defeat Gladiator mid-blitz and he seemed very confidant that he could kill her which means he was basically at full power. Xavier and her other teammates only stand to increase her power, Xavier is a bigger threat than Juggernaut when they fight the Greys.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish you'd of given Mikhail to the Rasputin team instead of Kitty. Reality Warper ftw.

that was the idea but he would have been too much.

Ends in Xaviers vs Leenshers family vs Greys vs Maximoff. Then it'll be a toss up which I think Xavier or Magneto's teams can win. I love the idea of this, I'm a huge X-Men fan aha. Being a fan of the Cassidy family too I think they have a chance.

thanks. Yeah, the Cassidy family is very cool. And also the St.Croix one, even if people are understimating them. Do we know if Mags can manipulate intangible people? Because if he can't then Emplate may be able to steal his powers

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:
@rickbarry said:

@greeendragon said:

thanks. Yeah, the Cassidy family is very cool. And also the St.Croix one, even if people are understimating them. Do we know if Mags can manipulate intangible people? Because if he can't then Emplate may be able to steal his powers

He can harm intangible people like Kitty because her phasing is a product of molecular manipulation while she is still attuned with the Earth dimension. Emplate is intangible due to inter-dimensional phasing IIRC which is quite different, so in essence he should not be able to harm him at all.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:
@rickbarry said:

@greeendragon said:

He can harm intangible people like Kitty because her phasing is a product of molecular manipulation while she is still attuned with the Earth dimension. Emplate is intangible due to inter-dimensional phasing IIRC which is quite different, so in essence he should not be able to harm him at all.

then the St.Croix/Leensher fight is not that one-sided. He may be able to mimic his powers, but he'd have to be solid for a while

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm?!.. summers and grey family isn't really any different families.... for example.. cable is a summers (nathaniel summers).. he belongs to both.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

hmm?!.. summers and grey family isn't really any different families.... for example.. cable is a summers (nathaniel summers).. he belongs to both.

I know, I had to make some stretches to make this even and include more characters. Cable isn't even Jean's son so yeah hahaha

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:
@ssj_god said:

I know, I had to make some stretches to make this even and include more characters. Cable isn't even Jean's son so yeah hahaha

include nate then... he's both grey and summers..lol

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:
@veitha said:
@ssj_god said:

Nate is very powerful, and using only the TK version didn't seem fair to me so I removed him(as I removed adult Jean Grey)

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:
@ssj_god said:
@veitha said:
@ssj_god said:

Nate is very powerful, and using only the TK version didn't seem fair to me so I removed him(as I removed adult Jean Grey)

i see...

hmm.. it's quite a tight battle though

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Yea but my assumption was Cable didn't have his powers (since that pretty much unbalances the tourney) and that this was the current incarnation of the Juggernaut. Stronger more resilient and no need for the helmet to be resistant. Teen Jean gets stomped trying to handle him alone and Rachel has to fight Xavier and even if she were to just lift him up really high and drop him Juggernaut is still a huge problem to overcome.

And plus I'd argue that as out of character and random as Gladiator was then there's no way he was a at full power in that story since its hard to be confident when your entire reason for taking an action is against character.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans: Yea but my assumption was Cable didn't have his powers (since that pretty much unbalances the tourney) and that this was the current incarnation of the Juggernaut. Stronger more resilient and no need for the helmet to be resistant. Teen Jean gets stomped trying to handle him alone and Rachel has to fight Xavier and even if she were to just lift him up really high and drop him Juggernaut is still a huge problem to overcome.

And plus I'd argue that as out of character and random as Gladiator was then there's no way he was a at full power in that story since its hard to be confident when your entire reason for taking an action is against character.

We'll have to ask @veitha what version of Cable is in the battle. I know we are supposed to use the most current versions, but what can he do? I guess precognition would go a long way in a battle though. He's a precog now right? As far as him no longer needing the helmet, I don't see why a more powerful Jean than the one that got through it's supposed immunity would do worse considering it's just a different version of the same "immunity". In terms of telekinetic BFR or any other, I don't think of it in terms of just lifting him high and dropping him especially if all your gonna do is drop him right back into the battlefield. I was thinking in terms of them having enough collective power to actually remove him from the battle by throwing him away from it, and unless he gained the power to teleport or fly that should do the trick. Which is why Xavier is the biggest threat on his team against psi talents with more raw potential than he has, his power is still great and his skill at using it is far greater. Not to mention Jean will have a power boost just from him, Cable and Rachel being around her.

Being out of character is no indication that his powers weren't working as they normally do, they are based on his level of confidence and he seemed pretty confident that he could take out a teenage girl until she kicked his a$$ for trying. Even without full confidence he is still a force to be reckoned with.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

@koays: @lordofallhumans: current Cable(with precog, current equipment and non cloning).

Well then having a precog with two telepaths don't need to wait for you to tell them what you have seen gives team Grey an edge over all the other teams, except for team Rasputin, though Magik has to physically leave and travel through time to see outcomes.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: he isn't Blindfold or Destiny level though, I don't think he can predict short term stuff(unless I'm forgetting something)

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

@lordofallhumans: he isn't Blindfold or Destiny level though, I don't think he can predict short term stuff(unless I'm forgetting something)

Then why put a gun totting cyborg with a useless power on the team against a master psi, a magical human and a teleporter? What possible use does Cable have here if your intent was to make the teams seem even by eliminating adult Jean and Nate? It's basically an inexperienced girl and her grown power fluctuating alternate timeline daughter against three experienced adults with decades of solid power feats.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: it's not like he's useless, his equipment has always been used by him more than his powers, and he can take put a lot of people with it. The Xavier team has Vought to balance stuff, with some TP to find her and his tech he could easily take her out.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@veitha said:

@lordofallhumans: it's not like he's useless, his equipment has always been used by him more than his powers, and he can take put a lot of people with it. The Xavier team has Vought to balance stuff, with some TP to find her and his tech he could easily take her out.

His equipment that Amelia can just turn into mist and remove? Actually her powers could potentially give her a chance to solo.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ended up with Braddock vs Xavier. Xavier took it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weren't Makhail's reality warping powers caused by some interdenominational entity he picked up in one of his travels?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leenshers or Greys.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
@rickbarry said:

Weren't Makhail's reality warping powers caused by some interdenominational entity he picked up in one of his travels?

I thought that entity only made him crazy? I have never believed him to be an actually reality warper anyway. He can warp matter and energy on the sup-atomic level at least, but people seemed to call him a reality warper, but I can't recall him actually warping reality in the conventional sense.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

We'll have to ask @veitha what version of Cable is in the battle. I know we are supposed to use the most current versions, but what can he do? I guess precognition would go a long way in a battle though. He's a precog now right? As far as him no longer needing the helmet, I don't see why a more powerful Jean than the one that got through it's supposed immunity would do worse considering it's just a different version of the same "immunity". In terms of telekinetic BFR or any other, I don't think of it in terms of just lifting him high and dropping him especially if all your gonna do is drop him right back into the battlefield. I was thinking in terms of them having enough collective power to actually remove him from the battle by throwing him away from it, and unless he gained the power to teleport or fly that should do the trick. Which is why Xavier is the biggest threat on his team against psi talents with more raw potential than he has, his power is still great and his skill at using it is far greater. Not to mention Jean will have a power boost just from him, Cable and Rachel being around her.

Being out of character is no indication that his powers weren't working as they normally do, they are based on his level of confidence and he seemed pretty confident that he could take out a teenage girl until she kicked his a$$ for trying. Even without full confidence he is still a force to be reckoned with.

Nah, it's not really a more powerful helmet. They took the helmet off and Rachel couldn't breach him at all. He's just invulnerable as far as we've seen so far since he has recieved "more power then Cyttorak himself". My point wasn't so much that they'd be able to just throw Xavier or Jugg's away....more that even if they fought Juggernaut alone at this point he'd be extremely difficult for them to take down in his new form and here they have to also deal with Xavier cutting their telepathic effectiveness. Even with Teen Jean on the field it's just not seeming that way.

Again I seriously doubt that he was at his full power. Looking at full power Gladiator and saying that even some broken dupe of Jean could go toe to toe the way she did is kinda stretching things. But yea going by what we know of how his powers work i'd assume that even if he was confident he could beat this girl, him having doubts about the right or wrong of the action could seriously impact his power level.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@lordofallhumans said:
@koays said:

Nah, it's not really a more powerful helmet. They took the helmet off and Rachel couldn't breach him at all. He's just invulnerable as far as we've seen so far since he has recieved "more power then Cyttorak himself". My point wasn't so much that they'd be able to just throw Xavier or Jugg's away....more that even if they fought Juggernaut alone at this point he'd be extremely difficult for them to take down in his new form and here they have to also deal with Xavier cutting their telepathic effectiveness. Even with Teen Jean on the field it's just not seeming that way.

Again I seriously doubt that he was at his full power. Looking at full power Gladiator and saying that even some broken dupe of Jean could go toe to toe the way she did is kinda stretching things. But yea going by what we know of how his powers work i'd assume that even if he was confident he could beat this girl, him having doubts about the right or wrong of the action could seriously impact his power level.

No I get that the helmet is not involved any more I saw a scan of it a few weeks ago, what I'm saying is the helmet was supposed to make him a immune and Jean with less power and no experience and still was able to get past that immunity, this Jean has the same power but it has peaked earlier and without a full retcon to 616 Jean having the power to bypass telepathic immunity, she should still have what it takes to mind blast him regardless. My point is that they have enough tk between the two of them to get rid of Juggernaut since you said they have no way to deal with him, and they certainly do since there is no BFR clause preventing them from just removing him and not having to worry about him after.

Again there was nothing to suggest he was not operating with the capacity to use his full power because he was confident in his power and that is how his powers work. Doubt in his powers is what messes them up not doubt in his ability to be king or his character, it was the reason Cannonball was able to one shot him in the past. When he realized his punch didn't phase Sam because Sam absorbed the kinetic impact he lost faith in his power and Sam hit him back with that kinetic charge and was able to take him out, which would not have been possible if his confidence in his powers had not been messed with.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I get that the helmet is not involved any more I saw a scan of it a few weeks ago, what I'm saying is the helmet was supposed to make him a immune and Jean with less power and no experience and still was able to get past that immunity, this Jean has the same power but it has peaked earlier and without a full retcon to 616 Jean having the power to bypass telepathic immunity, she should still have what it takes to mind blast him regardless. My point is that they have enough tk between the two of them to get rid of Juggernaut since you said they have no way to deal with him, and they certainly do since there is no BFR clause preventing them from just removing him and not having to worry about him after.

Again there was nothing to suggest he was not operating with the capacity to use his full power because he was confident in his power and that is how his powers work. Doubt in his powers is what messes them up not doubt in his ability to be king or his character, it was the reason Cannonball was able to one shot him in the past. When he realized his punch didn't phase Sam because Sam absorbed the kinetic impact he lost faith in his power and Sam hit him back with that kinetic charge and was able to take him out, which would not have been possible if his confidence in his powers had not been messed with.

Yea, but what I'm saying is that Rachel just couldn't push through to his head. Meaning that whatever protection he had is more powerful or even doubled with the helmet on. To say he could get blasted with a sustained or more powerful effort is possible (though he says he no longer has those weakness) but requires a lot of effort when he's rampaging about...plus Xavier is still there. If they (meaning Rachel, since i'm not acknowledging Teen Jean's unknown powerset at this point) can throw him out of the area sure....it's almost a guaranteed win. Xavier is strong and skilled enough to battle them both but Cable has no sold telepathy even without his powers so i doubt he'd take the hold team with Cable body sliding. It's just that they have to rely to much on Rachel here as the most competent team member, since Jean's new powerset is untested (she could cancel Xavier and/or Rachel) and Xavier could take her down first when she's more vulnerable. It really comes down to team Xavier having much more going for them then any open and shut victory...since really oneshotting the Juggernaut or Xavier is the only way i see them winning and that's not factoring in Ameila floating around while they're fighting.

I'll have to look for scans...but i'm sure that it's effected him my way too. I'll be especially looking into Rise and Fall/King Breaker since i feel i've read it recently...but i'm almost positive that that was and has been one of the biggest issues with Teen Jean's defeat of him. And as you said, all it really takes is his confidence to be shaken for his power to diminish...so really that first slap could've changed things.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@lordofallhumans said:

Yea, but what I'm saying is that Rachel just couldn't push through to his head. Meaning that whatever protection he had is more powerful or even doubled with the helmet on. To say he could get blasted with a sustained or more powerful effort is possible (though he says he no longer has those weakness) but requires a lot of effort when he's rampaging about...plus Xavier is still there. If they (meaning Rachel, since i'm not acknowledging Teen Jean's unknown powerset at this point) can throw him out of the area sure....it's almost a guaranteed win. Xavier is strong and skilled enough to battle them both but Cable has no sold telepathy even without his powers so i doubt he'd take the hold team with Cable body sliding. It's just that they have to rely to much on Rachel here as the most competent team member, since Jean's new powerset is untested (she could cancel Xavier and/or Rachel) and Xavier could take her down first when she's more vulnerable. It really comes down to team Xavier having much more going for them then any open and shut victory...since really oneshotting the Juggernaut or Xavier is the only way i see them winning and that's not factoring in Ameila floating around while they're fighting.

I'll have to look for scans...but i'm sure that it's effected him my way too. I'll be especially looking into Rise and Fall/King Breaker since i feel i've read it recently...but i'm almost positive that that was and has been one of the biggest issues with Teen Jean's defeat of him. And as you said, all it really takes is his confidence to be shaken for his power to diminish...so really that first slap could've changed things.

We have had the Rachel/Jean conversation before, Rachel is not as powerful as Jean, never has been, never will be, because if she was she would have been able to do more to him with his new immunity than her mother has done twice with his old. I already acknowledge that Xavier is the one they would have problems with and not Juggernaut, he is the easy one. Amelia is the one that can solo because she could BFR them all.

Or you have argued in X-men forums that you don't really like Jean being this powerful because you feel if comes from nowhere even though we know Jean in any form when she has powers has been stated to be very powerful and has virtually unlimited potential for power, so you are looking for PIS to be the reason she can kick his a$$ :) I'm not being mean I actually like debating with you and a select few because you know your stuff, I just come off as a douche sometimes because I like to drink when I post lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its pointless to argue the TP immunity and being able to break through, it depends on the writer lol

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its pointless to argue the TP immunity and being able to break through, it depends on the writer lol

Not really, there are telepaths that can do it because they go beyond what a weaker telepath couldn't accomplish. Limits are placed by those that can't overcome something, they (limitations) are shattered when somebody better comes along.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: jean has been able to penetrate jug's helmet, magneto's tp resistance/immunity, in that comic vs the guy with the gold armor who has tp resistance she breaks it and says "no shield natural or artificial can stop the power of phoenix" or something like that, but sometimes she cant even get through the tp shields of shiar soldiers...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

We have had the Rachel/Jean conversation before, Rachel is not as powerful as Jean, never has been, never will be, because if she was she would have been able to do more to him with his new immunity than her mother has done twice with his old. I already acknowledge that Xavier is the one they would have problems with and not Juggernaut, he is the easy one. Amelia is the one that can solo because she could BFR them all.

Or you have argued in X-men forums that you don't really like Jean being this powerful because you feel if comes from nowhere even though we know Jean in any form when she has powers has been stated to be very powerful and has virtually unlimited potential for power, so you are looking for PIS to be the reason she can kick his a$$ :) I'm not being mean I actually like debating with you and a select few because you know your stuff, I just come off as a douche sometimes because I like to drink when I post lol.

Well Rachel not being as powerful as Jean...i can argue instances, but i can generally agree with the idea. Rachel being at least twice as strong as Jean was at the time of her first attack on Juggernaut's mind....I'm 100% willing to debate that to know end. Really in my opinion though Rachel was jobbing that entire story arc (TP was used as a running joke)...but she has enough raw power for the Juggernaut without a helmet to block her in that situation to be a very big deal for his new power set. To me there just isn't even a debate about attacking him telepathy until his helmet is off....and a squad of X-Men couldn't do it..he had to remove it himself. Teen Jean, nor Rachel is taking him out alone.

Lol your absolutely right I think this purple people eater nonsense comes out of nowhere and she shouldn't be as powerful as she is (though she has leveled out....a little bit). Even if you take into account some of the most extreme assumptions about Jean's power level and potential "Oh wait, I can read minds" is still the basic reasoning provided for most her actions.So yea screw the purple psychic chick pretending to be Jean. Doesn't really change my opinions about Gladiator since I held that belief before Teen Jean curb stomped him in the most embarassing panel in his history. Even on a first read I thought that the PIS was at least as implied as Jean's power level being effected by a lack of Xavier influence was before it was outright confirmed, because either he doesn't believe the nonsense behind his actions OR he does and can't honestly believe he's strong enough to take her on after this "threat to the cosmos" gains a new power in front of him. Lol it's all cool, since I enjoy arguing Jean Grey and the psychics in general, because "How strong is Xavier?" is a question that invokes more discussion and insight into the X-verse then a lot of flat out continuity questions.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: jean has been able to penetrate jug's helmet, magneto's tp resistance/immunity, in that comic vs the guy with the gold armor who has tp resistance she breaks it and says "no shield natural or artificial can stop the power of phoenix" or something like that, but sometimes she cant even get through the tp shields of shiar soldiers...

The times she has been unable to do so is when she holds back, when she cuts loose she succeeds which is consistent with her holding back the bulk of her power due to fear and doubt that she can't handle how powerful she is based on other peoples perceptions of her and their memories of Dark Phoenix. She even explains how she is basically tired of not being as powerful as she could be to Scott in Alaska. She also was taught from the age of 10-11 that her telepathy was bad, by a dubious telepath that was clearly threatened by her being more powerful than he was.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By marvelfan1992

@koays@lordofallhumans are all the grey/summers psychics more powerful than xavier in terms of raw telepathic power? And who are the telepaths that could beat xavier? Maybe jean? Exodus?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans Yeah I recall that conversation between her and scott. Are there any other instances aside from the ones ive mentioned where jean broke through TP resistance? I just find this notion of TP resistance foolish, everyone and their mothers have TP resistance these days

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992- Yes and no....Jean is stronger then him, X-Man is stronger then him, Rachel and Cable at full power should be stronger then him but it's never really been stated. Plus skill is a big thing with telepaths so even if they are stronger he's got a good chance of beating any of them.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
@lordofallhumans said:
@koays said:

Well Rachel not being as powerful as Jean...i can argue instances, but i can generally agree with the idea. Rachel being at least twice as strong as Jean was at the time of her first attack on Juggernaut's mind....I'm 100% willing to debate that to know end. Really in my opinion though Rachel was jobbing that entire story arc (TP was used as a running joke)...but she has enough raw power for the Juggernaut without a helmet to block her in that situation to be a very big deal for his new power set. To me there just isn't even a debate about attacking him telepathy until his helmet is off....and a squad of X-Men couldn't do it..he had to remove it himself. Teen Jean, nor Rachel is taking him out alone.

Lol your absolutely right I think this purple people eater nonsense comes out of nowhere and she shouldn't be as powerful as she is (though she has leveled out....a little bit). Even if you take into account some of the most extreme assumptions about Jean's power level and potential "Oh wait, I can read minds" is still the basic reasoning provided for most her actions.So yea screw the purple psychic chick pretending to be Jean. Doesn't really change my opinions about Gladiator since I held that belief before Teen Jean curb stomped him in the most embarassing panel in his history. Even on a first read I thought that the PIS was at least as implied as Jean's power level being effected by a lack of Xavier influence was before it was outright confirmed, because either he doesn't believe the nonsense behind his actions OR he does and can't honestly believe he's strong enough to take her on after this "threat to the cosmos" gains a new power in front of him. Lol it's all cool, since I enjoy arguing Jean Grey and the psychics in general, because "How strong is Xavier?" is a question that invokes more discussion and insight into the X-verse then a lot of flat out continuity questions.

You can argue a few feats is all, and you would argue them in same vein you argue Emma, and that basically amounts to "it must be so because time has gone by". Rachel is a powerful telepath but she can't touch Jean nor was she taught (brainwashed) the same kind of restraint that Jean employed through most of her life. Debate it if you like, but the facts show that she is not if she can't get into his mind, now the strength of their tk is debatable in Rachel's favor featwise. With the same Force (Phoenix) Rachel has been told (and knows) she was not more powerful than Jean with it. How could that be so if Rachel is naturally more powerful? Doesn't the Phoenix increase the power of the user? So why would Rachel be a weaker Phoenix than her weaker mother? The answer is, because Jean is more powerful than Rachel. As far as Juggernaut a mutant (Rachel) that can create blackholes with tk not being able to remove a helmet is PIS at it's best unless there is proof with no doubt magic held it fast.

And I don't understand why you think that. Jean has the potential so power comes to her easy, if she were doing complicated psionic feats without training then I would agree, but she has only done basic telepathic things and her level of power has always been stated to be above Xavier and later called unlimited. Adult Bobby and young only had to know he could do certain things with his unlimited potential and he could do it because he knew he had the power. Nate Grey only had to think he could do something and he could because he was aware of his power. % year old Franklin only had to know he was powerful to create a pocket universe. Vulcan only had to know that certain things were run by energy and he could manipulate them. Jean is aware of her power the insistence she can't use that power because you think it's stupid is ludicrous. Or maybe he believed he (Gladiator) was powerful enough and an uninhibited Jean cuts loose more than her adult self does. It's your belief that she should not be powerful, even though it's one of the only things consistent with her character, and that makes no sense, yet you would argue that Emma is more powerful with nothing historically supporting she can become more powerful.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays@lordofallhumans:what about exodus? In his older showings, he fought off both the avengers and x-men at the same time, even if they had both jean and xavier around.He even fought off Sersi. He also manhandled jean and xavier in the fall of avalon if I'm correct. And in an all out fight with tp and tk, sans psi-leeching, could exodus beat jean, rachel,pre-shaman nate? In 1v1 fights

P.S. sorry for being off topic but im really curious and dont want to disturb you with direct messages

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays@lordofallhumans are all the grey/summers psychics more powerful than xavier in terms of raw telepathic power? And who are the telepaths that could beat xavier? Maybe jean? Exodus?

Yes, they have the problem of him having more skill than all of them except Jean as she surpassed him, but he has been able to hold Rachel off and telepathically trick Nate. Exodus cannot beat Xavier in a fair fight, when Exodus is not leeching psi. Jean got to a level that he was afraid to go too far into her mind. Xavier created a simulation in which Jean needed to be taken out fast and first because of all the X-men she was the real threat, he apparently taught her too well.

@lordofallhumans Yeah I recall that conversation between her and scott. Are there any other instances aside from the ones ive mentioned where jean broke through TP resistance? I just find this notion of TP resistance foolish, everyone and their mothers have TP resistance these days

TP resistance is thrown in because in reality a telepath that can do the kind of things most Marvel telepaths can do would end every battle before it even starts.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Lol my argument with Emma was more along the lines of "she's been pushed harder over time so she's grown stronger". My argument for Rachel is that some of her stronger telepathic feats are comparable (and even are in story) to Jean's...but again I'd say Jean is more powerful just because there's so much more to pick from TP wise without Phoenix boost. But again she's at least twice as strong as Jean was at that point and we don't know the limits of Juggernauts new powerset to assess whether Jean could touch him either. The thing with Juggernaut is that he's only had one issue with his new powers on display, and the issue shows that he's got all of the power of Cyttorak instead of just some of his gems strength. And his helmet seamed to be a different level of magic as when he removed it it sort of just popped open.

I'd argue Rachel didn't even try (nor did she use TK at all in the arc...since she was being low balled from the get out) but that's beside the point i was trying to make about Juggernaut just being at a much higher level now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd agree with her being crazy powerful or showing signs of it. Hell Age of X pretty much flat out states that an unchecked Jean Grey could destroy herself. But what i don't agree with is things just happening. I mean for all the whackiness that is X-Man he at least has the benefit of being in a story from an era without much of an established powerscale or even consistent power development for characters. Basically what were asked to believe about Teen Jean is that she's so powerful that just the idea of her having telepathy is enough to lay waste to any all psychic blocks Xavier had put in her and give her full access to it (which creates alot of questions). Then were asked to believe that without any training (implying it was pure power) she's able to lay waste to Lady Mastermind...ok, she's not exactly a shining(to be kind) example of power so we can kind of chalk it up to under estimation. Then we're asked to believe that she's so strong she beats her future self....ok more underestimation i guess? Then she's flat out stated to be stronger then Ultimate Jean Grey....ok questionable. And then to top it all off we find out it's only been a few months since the story began at this very moment. She's had one training session, and no real challenge that forces her to up her own power level or encourage her to grow....the plot says she needs to do something, so she is strong enough to do it. If you wanna say an unchecked Jean is super powerful and could eventually mirror the likes of Franklin or X-Man...i accept that character, but to say that 5 minutes without Xavier and she's pretty much stronger then every other psychic on the planet it's just too much of a leap. She's clearly stated to be "growing" more powerful....but we don't see growth, struggle or anything associated with development or difficulty... so much as just bad writing.

Maybe it's how we read the stories from the beginning...but I waited for her to show me she was Jean and her establishing character moment was to shrug off decades of continuity by reading everyones mind and thats made me critical.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays@lordofallhumans:what about exodus? In his older showings, he fought off both the avengers and x-men at the same time, even if they had both jean and xavier around.He even fought off Sersi. He also manhandled jean and xavier in the fall of avalon if I'm correct. And in an all out fight with tp and tk, sans psi-leeching, could exodus beat jean, rachel,pre-shaman nate? In 1v1 fights

P.S. sorry for being off topic but im really curious and dont want to disturb you with direct messages

Well let's put it this way...Rachel beat Exodus on multiple mental level to the point of shutting him down completely, though he was distracted and she wasn't using TK. So from that we assume that Jean (being more experienced with him and more defined telepath) can at least match that. Pre Shaman Nate would probably beat him though not easily since Exodus does have some skill and Nate tends to just hit hard rather then fight strategically.

This is what happens when Exodus fights Xavier (who was just out of brain surgery) nowadays. So the powerscale pretty much implies they can all take him if they had to.

No Caption Provided
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By marvelfan1992

@lordofallhumans actually exodus only gained his psi-leech powers after his fight with holocaust. In the fight vs avengers and x-men, his powers were extremely stretched out fighting all those people and sersi, an external. Xavier also had prep in the form of jean probing exoduss defenses and had lots of distractions to fire a full on psionic blast, yet exodus just pretty much brushed it off.

and later on, despite fighting holocaust, easily dispatches jean

No Caption Provided

@koays those were after his prime though, as you can see in the scans above. Exodus has the raw power and skill. He was born in the 12th century so he's been alive for hundreds of years.

P.S. sorry for the bad format I cant get it to be fixed

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans actually exodus only gained his psi-leech powers after his fight with holocaust. In the fight vs avengers and x-men, his powers were extremely stretched out fighting all those people and sersi, an external. Xavier also had prep in the form of jean probing exoduss defenses and had lots of distractions to fire a full on psionic blast, yet exodus just pretty much brushed it off.

and later on, despite fighting holocaust, easily dispatches jean

@koays those were after his prime though, as you can see in the scans above. Exodus has the raw power and skill. He was born in the 12th century so he's been alive for hundreds of years.

Yea but you have to remember that powerscales have drastically changed since Exodus was in his prime. Someone like Exodus..or even Stryfe, who were once strong enough to take down the stronger X-Men psychics with ease, can't really hang now.

The X-Men psychics post-Morrison are far more effective then previously, and usually if one of them is shown doing something (i.e. knocking Exodus) that they couldn't previously the assumption is that they've grown in power.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's true that psychics are more effective now, but some 90s Jean scenes just scream pis, like Caliban taking down Jean and Scott, Jean straining to cast an illusion when there's no one there to cast an illusion on and other such bullshit, Jean and Xavier had really shitty showings during lodbells run.

Also when exodus held Wanda, Jean, quicksilver and crystal with his powers, they didn't want to attack because he was holding Luna hostage, and during fall Avalon, she wasn't trying to fight him, she entered his mind to talk to him and he kicked her out, that doesn't really determine power levels, also it shows that she entered his mind easily, and weakwnd his psi shields for Xavier to enter.