X-MEN:DOFP Quicksilver vs TV Flash (New show)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 69ballzdeep

yes...i have seen the pilot episode(Flash)

morals on

abandoned city

starts 100 feet apart

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nickthedevil

The Flash.

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash has no feats the show only has a trailer. And even in the trailer it is stated he isn't faster than a bullet so QS would own him considering he seesbullets in slow motion

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is featless for now, wait till the TV series has like, 5 Episodes or something.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: have you seen the pilot episode? (the Flash)

Yeah, I saw him run against a Tornado at pretty high speeds and unravel it. Didn't he also take lightning to the chest?

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: He took a lightning to his chest but he passed out for like 8 months.

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: he took a lighting bolt to become Flash. the same seen from arrow.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, we rly haven't seen enough of the Flash yet. I'd say QS still wins.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: He took a lightning to his chest but he passed out for like 8 months.

From Weather Wizard at the end. Not his powers.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

Quicksilver is waaaaaaay faster right now. Give it about 10 episodes or so and I get the feeling Flash will curbstomp him.

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksliver?

Winning agaisnt Flash?

Wake me up

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Flash could only run at, I think 300 mph in the pilot

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He topped 700, I thought. STAR labs dude was holding a spedometer that registered him at 700.

Which, if that were the case,

@thanosii said:

Flash has no feats the show only has a trailer. And even in the trailer it is stated he isn't faster than a bullet so QS would own him considering he seesbullets in slow motion

The standard issued 9mm pistol shoots at around somewhere higher than 600 MPH, if IIRC.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer to catch a glimpse of it, they clocked him at 708 MPH.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parryboy said:

Quicksliver?

Winning agaisnt Flash?

Wake me up

I don't think so. It's probably debatable so far, and I can be swayed with a right arguement.

But I still believe Barry has this in the bag.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never thought I would say this, but Quicksilver, after disarming everyone, he was walking faster than the bullets; and Flash is around the sound barrier range, which is nowhere near Quicksilver's speed.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Actually he did break the sound barrier.

Didn't they tell tell him to hold back too?

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@nickthedevil said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

He topped 700, I thought. STAR labs dude was holding a spedometer that registered him at 700.

@thanosii said:

The standard issued 9mm pistol shoots at around somewhere higher than 600 MPH, if IIRC.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer to catch a glimpse of it, they clocked him at 708 MPH.

Speed of sound is 761 mph, Barry never reached that, and he had a lot of trouble exceeding 700 mph to stop Weather Wizard's tornado.

In contrast, Quicksilver traveled far, far faster than multiple 9 mm bullets, which by the way, travel at about 800 mph not 600, and he did it without any effort at all.

For these reasons I would have to say that Quicksilver takes it without much difficulty, however this could change after a few more episodes of Flash, but for now Quicksilver wins 10/10.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nickthedevil

@hulkman123 said:

@rbt said:

@nickthedevil said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thanosii said:

Speed of sound is 761 mph, Barry never reached that, and he had a lot of trouble exceeding 700 mph to stop Weather Wizard's tornado.

In contrast, Quicksilver traveled far, far faster than multiple 9 mm bullets, which by the way, travel at about 800 mph not 600, and he did it without any effort at all.

For these reasons I would have to say that Quicksilver takes it without much difficulty, however this could change after a few more episodes of Flash, but for now Quicksilver wins 10/10.

Where'd you get that 9mm travel at 800?

I was watching animal planet, and it compared the bullet speed to a pistol shrimp. LOL

Could be wrong though. Will reasearch that now, actually.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hulkman123: I'm not talking about the speed gun scene. Barry was shattering car windows by running past them. It can only happen if you're going past mach 1.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123 said:

@rbt said:

@nickthedevil said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@thanosii said:

Where'd you get that 9mm travel at 800?

I was watching animal planet, and it compared the bullet speed to a pistol shrimp. LOL

Could be wrong though. Will reasearch that now, actually.

Depends on the 9 mm TBH.

Some can be fired off at 1400 fps (954.5 mph) whereas others can be as slow as 950 fps (647.7 mph), if you average the extremes, the speed is about 800 mph.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nickthedevil
Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Hulkman123: I'm not talking about the speed gun scene. Barry was shattering car windows by running past them. It can only happen if you're going past mach 1.

Not true. Speeds far less than the speed of sound can create a force that can blow away objects close to it. For example if you stood still as a super car sped past you, the air would certainly force you aside.

However this is getting too much into real life and real life logic does not apply well in TV shows and comics and shattering car windows isn't proof because earlier he was having trouble exceeding 700 mph (which was stated) yet you're assuming that he later exceeded the speed of sound easily based off car windows shattering (this isn't even quantifiable)

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Didn't they tell tell him to hold back too?

He didn't reach 700 mph in that scene, it was shown to only go to about 350 mph, the trailer showed 708 mph, but that could be for a later episode. He did reach 700 mph later when he stopped the tornado though.

Anyway, I expect they'll make Barry faster in the later episodes as he learns to use his powers better.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Not true. Speeds far less than the speed of sound can create a force that can blow away objects close to it. For example if you stood still as a super car sped past you, the air would certainly force you aside.

However this is getting too much into real life and real life logic does not apply well in TV shows and comics and shattering car windows isn't proof because earlier he was having trouble exceeding 700 mph (which was stated) yet you're assuming that he later exceeded the speed of sound easily based off car windows shattering (this isn't even quantifiable)

I was agreeing with you, until you said he had trouble exceeding 700.

During the airstrip scene he exceeded it, even after the Doc told him something along the lines of, don't go all out.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123 said:

@rbt said:

I was agreeing with you, until you said he had trouble exceeding 700.

During the airstrip scene he exceeded it, even after the Doc told him something along the lines of, don't go all out.

Watch the episode again, he didn't exceed the 700 mph mark in that scene, that was only shown in the trailer which might be for a later episode.

I expect he'll be able to exceed that speed with ease as he learns his powers though.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tough, a debate about someone with no feats yet, against someone with one scene. When W.W. was about to pull the gun out flash flipped the car over to stop him. If that was quick silver he would have had time to simply move out of the way of the bullets, slowed down the car, and taken weather wizard out. Also in the coffee shop someone tossed keys behind him, it registered in his mind to still be moving, slowly but still moving, compared to the way quicksilver saw the bullets in the movie which was slowed down to a crawl.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

as of right now QS but later on I'll bet Flash will be much faster

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thanosii

Like how Flash fans try explaining even this lose

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

Like how Flash fans try explaining even this lose

I like how you put in a comment here yet in the same breath admitted to not having seen the source material.

Flash fans like myself are only this way because people with no exposure to the comic books whatsoever like to bring their own thoughts into threads and then bash us for trying to give you said exposure.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123:

Interesting. Looks like I need to go over it again.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver has faster reaction speed, in DOFP when QS was taking out the guards, the bullets were still moving, he was simply faster..........but in tv flahs tv show, the flash was clocked at running past 700mph, flash is faster in running speed and QS is faster in reaction speed.

BTW did anyone catch the bruce wayne and infinite crisis easter egg?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Quicksilver is waaaaaaay faster right now. Give it about 10 episodes or so and I get the feeling Flash will curbstomp him.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver has faster reaction speed, in DOFP when QS was taking out the guards, the bullets were still moving, he was simply faster..........but in tv flahs tv show, the flash was clocked at running past 700mph, flash is faster in running speed and QS is faster in reaction speed.

BTW did anyone catch the bruce wayne and infinite crisis easter egg?

No, as of right now, Quicksilver is faster in both.

Also, yes I did catch the easter egg.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

This...

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BoringPerson

@thanosii: The trailer juxtaposes Edward Thawne telling a mugger he isn't faster than a bullet into telling Barry he isn't faster than a bullet.

So no, it's not him telling the Flash he isn't faster than a bullet.

Regardless, it's almost certain QS's ridiculous speed beats Barry. I mean, QS has increased perception to the point of walking around having fun at 600+ mph. It made no sense that his clothes didn't catch fire, or that his movements didn't cause sonic booms or other pressure waves...

So basically he was as magical as it gets. Barry has no chance. Slower, less experienced, and attempts to obey some laws of physics.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver wins, but it's not a really fair comparison at this time. Flash has had his powers for a short amount of time and Quicksilver has been using these powers for years. I bet later on in the series, Flash will have the upper hand by a wide margin.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1