X-Men Battle Roayle

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Oh no! What is this? The X-Men have been captured by a shadowy government agency! They've been blasted by Forge's mutant neutralizer (no powers!), and then by the Hate Monger's hate ray! Then they've been thrown together in an escape-proof arena, and made to fight each other for the amusement of paying customers!

So, who wins? This is current X-Men, so everyone represented in this picture.

All these guys!
All these guys!

So, no powers, but with bloodlust, as the hate ray makes them all crazy. No weapons, unless it's something they carry (Wolverine keeps his claws, Pixie has her soulshard dagger, Warpath has his vibranium daggers, etc.). The neutralizer does not remove physical mutations, like Angel's wings, or Nightcrawler's tail and features. Hepzibah, not being a mutant, is unaffected by the neutralizer. Just to make things SLIGHTLY more fair, no firearms.

One last thing, just so no one forgets...Wolverine's adamantium is a huge problem when he has no healing factor, and is slowly killing him.

Any takers? Who goes down first? Who lasts the longest? Can the sheer amount of training make up for the loss of powers?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

Sadly....emma frost goes down within seconds ]=

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Erik

Well Wolverine has the best fighting skill out of all of these mutants. Although he will eventually die from adamantium poisoning, he would probably kill everyone before that happens. I think I see X-23 in there as well, she would certainly be one of the last to go down as well. In fact, she would probably be the only survivor. So if that is X-23 I see in there, she wins.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

If Angel can eliminate Wolverine he actually has a decent chance at taking this. Pixie is also a wild card because of her soul dagger and wings (can she still fly?).

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Damn! Typo in the Subject line! Can't fix it!

Yeah, I was leaning towards Angel as well, although I don't know if Nightcrawler could take him out, since I never know if his wall-crawling is a mutant power, or a result of his appearance.

And I think that people like Warpath and Domino are real possibilities as well.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

How does Angel even factor into this?

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SeSAW

Angel gets killed he aint that great of a fighter Archangel would stand a very good chance but not the Angel in this picture. Wolverine would win cause he is the best fighter and the most agile, and he still would have his claws, and adamantium laced skeleton

Avatar image for the_comic_vine_avengers
The Comic Vine Avengers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

erik said:
"Well Wolverine has the best fighting skill out of all of these mutants. Although he will eventually die from adamantium poisoning, he would probably kill everyone before that happens. I think I see X-23 in there as well, she would certainly be one of the last to go down as well. In fact, she would probably be the only survivor. So if that is X-23 I see in there, she wins."
X-23 dies of adamantium poisoning as well. Is Santo's mutation physical? Cause if so, I'm giving the win to him.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Korg
Gambler said:
"How does Angel even factor into this?"
He can still fly.
Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Actually, both Wolverine and X-23 would be severe underdogs in this fight. Without their powers, they have 200 or 300 pounds of metal in their body to deal with. Their agility would be gone, and they'd have to rely on their brains. Added to that is that fact that X-23 has never, as far as I know, lost her powers, so she wouldn't know what to do, whereas Wolvie has dealt with it. If people stay away from them, they'll collapse on their own before too long.

I think the real threats are the hand-to-hand trained ones -- Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Warpath, Hepzibah, Domino, Beast, and yes, even Angel.

I think Santos needs his mutant power to live, and losing it would mean that he wouldn't be able to move, as his body must crack and reform constantly. The rocks can't bend, right?

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Slinger
Ebony Bishop said:
"I think Santos needs his mutant power to live, and losing it would mean that he wouldn't be able to move, as his body must crack and reform constantly. The rocks can't bend, right?"
Well if that's true I'm gonna go with Warpath, He's got those blades, and he's probably the least handicapped out of all of them as far as I can tell. Maybe Hepzibah though, since she's unaffected by the ray. I wouldn't go with Dom, only because she loses her guns.
Strange Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strange Doctor

Would Beast still have his strength, intelligence and agility since physical mutations aren't affected?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Warpath and Cyc have a great chance. And how does Angel's flight translate into a win? Characters like Pixie and Warpath would shred Angel if he got close enough to do anything. Hepzibah would be having chicken for dinner.

Logan and X-23 are jobbed in this fight. As someone pointed out the metal in their body is more of a disadvantage then anything. I'm kinda confused as to why they have the adamantium if they dont have their powers. Without their healing factors they wouldn't have survived the procedure, but whatever.

Angel has about as much chance as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ebony Bishop

They had their powers when the procedures were done. They got zapped by Forge's mutant neutralizer gun (remember when Storm was depowered?) and don't have them for this fight.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Slinger
Gambler said:
"Warpath and Cyc have a great chance. And how does Angel's flight translate into a win? Characters like Pixie and Warpath would shred Angel if he got close enough to do anything. Hepzibah would be having chicken for dinner.

Logan and X-23 are jobbed in this fight. As someone pointed out the metal in their body is more of a disadvantage then anything. I'm kinda confused as to why they have the adamantium if they dont have their powers. Without their healing factors they wouldn't have survived the procedure, but whatever.

Angel has about as much chance as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.
"
They lost their mutations at the beginning of the fight, but the adamantium wasn't a mutation, so they still had it. Kind of like in the Fallen Son book where they put the collar on Wolverine, but he shredded it because his claws aren't technically a power.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I gotcha

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Absolute
Strange Doctor said:
"Would Beast still have his strength, intelligence and agility since physical mutations aren't affected?
"
That's what I was thinking. And Kurt's mutant power is teleportation. So I think he and Beast are the most "super-powered", keeping their agility and reflex speed and would be in the last  few standing along with Pete, Domino, Hepzibah and Logan. Cannonball and Emma would do down first.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Korg

People do not give Angel enough credit. He is a founding member of the X-Men, and one of the most skilled fliers and aerial combatants in the Marvel U. I think he could easily dodge Warpath's knives. His wings are also incredibly strong, and I think he could do some damage to Hepzibah. Reading through the thread though, I want to know what constitutes a "physical" mutation.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized

angel did fight those wolf guys with paige.
they nearly died, but whatever

talia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By talia

id give it to wolverine or x23

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Korg
talia said:
"id give it to wolverine or x23
"
Everyone just pig-piles on their exposed claws, or what?
Strange Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strange Doctor

I think Beast wins because he still has his abilities since physical mutations are not affected by the neutralizer.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

As Korg said, need to know what the deal is with physical mutations for people like Beast. And X-23 only had adamantium claws didn't she? Pretty sure the rest of her bones were normal. Does Cyc keep his jetpack? :P I'd like to see Warpath and Colossus fight powerless. I think Rockslide would do a lot of damage. Most of the characters just can't hurt him and being rock, even if he didn't get superstrength, the mass behind every hit would be tremendous. He also has some actual fighting skill (aside from normal training) from his unlimited weight wrestling. Would he be slowed down though? Don't think he would, but want to ask. Interesting fight.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ebony Bishop

I think the vagueness of Forge's neutralizer is why I assumed physical powers wouldn't be affected. I only remember Storm and Rogue being blasted with it before, and it left them powerless, but in my mind, Angel's wings weren't a mutant power -- the mutant power was him growing wings. Once they were grown, they were done. I never liked it in X-Men 3 when Beast's hand turned human near Leech. I mean, not only was the blue and furry not part of his mutation (that was the result of a later experiment he performed on himself), but how could he become human, when his body had developed in the ape-like way it did?

But I'll open it up to the people in the thread -- what would happen to a mutant with a physical mutation (aka a "growth" mutation) if you either blasted them with a power dampener, or they were touched by Leech, or they wore a Genoshan collar? Or should that be a new thread?

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ace High

Well I remember in the Weapon X series, beast had his power dampened but he had the same appearance. So I don't think it effects your appearance just your powers. So he was just a big blue hairy normal guy.

talia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By talia

well apart from their healing factor and heightend senses they dont have powers so their used to fighting in that situatuation and they have the best fighting skills

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By fesak  Moderator
Buckshot said:
"As Korg said, need to know what the deal is with physical mutations for people like Beast. And X-23 only had adamantium claws didn't she? Pretty sure the rest of her bones were normal. Does Cyc keep his jetpack? :P I'd like to see Warpath and Colossus fight powerless. I think Rockslide would do a lot of damage. Most of the characters just can't hurt him and being rock, even if he didn't get superstrength, the mass behind every hit would be tremendous. He also has some actual fighting skill (aside from normal training) from his unlimited weight wrestling. Would he be slowed down though? Don't think he would, but want to ask. Interesting fight.
"

I was just going to ask if no one knows that X-23 only has adamantium on her claws..?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
fesak said:
"Buckshot said:
"As Korg said, need to know what the deal is with physical mutations for people like Beast. And X-23 only had adamantium claws didn't she? Pretty sure the rest of her bones were normal. Does Cyc keep his jetpack? :P I'd like to see Warpath and Colossus fight powerless. I think Rockslide would do a lot of damage. Most of the characters just can't hurt him and being rock, even if he didn't get superstrength, the mass behind every hit would be tremendous. He also has some actual fighting skill (aside from normal training) from his unlimited weight wrestling. Would he be slowed down though? Don't think he would, but want to ask. Interesting fight.
"

I was just going to ask if no one knows that X-23 only has adamantium on her claws..?
"
Are you asking because you know and you want to know if we know or are you asking because you don't know?
talia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By talia

x23 had the same proccess as wolverine her whole skelington was coated in adamantium just like wolverine

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I'm asking because i know and it seems like no one else does.
Anyway i don't think X23 will suffer much from adamantium poisoning if she keep her claws out.

I just read the rules, and if everyone but Hepzibah is depowered i have to give it to her.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fesak  Moderator
talia said:
"x23 had the same proccess as wolverine her whole skelington was coated in adamantium just like wolverine
"

No.
As revealed in the X-23: Target X mini she escaped the Weapon X facility before they had begun the adamantium bonding process.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By John Valentine

Cyclops as he's a brilliant strategist and adequate fighter with years of experience on his side: to put it this way, he's been trained since he was a young teenager, and he would thus be able to defeat most of the other x-men by brawn, if not by skill. 

On the Angel matter: he could fly but his bones are hollow making his range of attacks limited.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Korg said:
"People do not give Angel enough credit. He is a founding member of the X-Men, and one of the most skilled fliers and aerial combatants in the Marvel U. I think he could easily dodge Warpath's knives. His wings are also incredibly strong, and I think he could do some damage to Hepzibah. Reading through the thread though, I want to know what constitutes a "physical" mutation."
How? His wings are strong? Whats he gonna do beat people into submission with his wings? Angels a useless character. I mean this whole de-powered thing doesn't affect him in the least cause he's got no power to begin with. Hepzibah is way to quick and agile to get caught be Angel. What exactly does he do? Is he strong enough to pick up Colossus? Or Rockslide, hell even Warpath? I seriously doubt it. Being an aerial combatant means he can do what exactly? Gambit kicked his ass (in a What If) without using any powers whatsoever. Angel is a joke and probably bows out before Emma Frost in this.
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Angel being depowered,  will lose his enhanced agility, eyesight and stamina which will make it very hard for him to fly at all.
He will also lose his healing blood.

Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Danko

Hm.. I think either Warpath or Nightcrawler walks away with the win. Nightcrawler still keeps his agilty i think, and ofcourse another limb always comes in handy. So he will be pretty fast to dodge attacks and attacking other people himself. Warpath has his weapons so that's a big plus, and he's still a great fighter.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler said:
Angels a useless character. I mean this whole de-powered thing doesn't affect him in the least cause he's got no power to begin with.
First: Lmao

Second: I think I'm backing Rockslide. Can anyone but the adamantium twins even hurt him? Even then, Wolverine is seriously impaired and there are enough people fighting that I think someone could take X-23. And if they slash Rockslide, what's it going to do, leave a gash in his rock? It won't kill him unless he gets dismantled. Some might be able to avoid him, but others can take those guys down if things go right.

I think whoever said Beast would just be a blue furry guy is a good way of dealing with the physical mutations. Angel is a guy with wings, Nightcrawler is a blue guy with a tail, but they don't have the things (agility, strength, whatever) that makes those physical mutations as effective as they could be. Beast could still climb stuff I guess (Nightcrawler couldn't) since his feet would still be hand-like, but he wouldn't be able to flip around like he can now and he'd only be as strong as a human. Does that make sense or is there a better way of doing it?

Danko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Danko
Buckshot said:
"
Gambler said:
Angels a useless character. I mean this whole de-powered thing doesn't affect him in the least cause he's got no power to begin with.
First: Lmao

Second: I think I'm backing Rockslide. Can anyone but the adamantium twins even hurt him? Even then, Wolverine is seriously impaired and there are enough people fighting that I think someone could take X-23. And if they slash Rockslide, what's it going to do, leave a gash in his rock? It won't kill him unless he gets dismantled. Some might be able to avoid him, but others can take those guys down if things go right.

I think whoever said Beast would just be a blue furry guy is a good way of dealing with the physical mutations. Angel is a guy with wings, Nightcrawler is a blue guy with a tail, but they don't have the things (agility, strength, whatever) that makes those physical mutations as effective as they could be. Beast could still climb stuff I guess (Nightcrawler couldn't) since his feet would still be hand-like, but he wouldn't be able to flip around like he can now and he'd only be as strong as a human. Does that make sense or is there a better way of doing it?

"

Well, i don't know if i agree with everything you say. First of all, you do make a good point about Beast and Nightcrawler. But Rockslide loses his strength as well doesn't he? So as you know, rock weighs quite a bit, so how will he even move? And i think you left out Warpath, he is a great fighter and as stated by the TS, he does have his vibranium knives.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By John Valentine

Rockslide would fall apart, as his ability is being able to control rock on a psionic level: he is not a physical being and he would cease to exist.

I'm backing Prodigy or Cyclops for the win.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He wouldn't be fast, but he should be able to move his own body. He wouldn't have super strength, but he'd still be hitting people with fists made of rock. I know Warpath has his knives but he'd be the same as X-23, just scratching his hide.

I don't think Rockslide should lose automatically just because he's made of rock. If pieces of him got knocked off he couldn't put himself back together, but falling apart just by standing there doesn't seem right. He's not just normal rocks in a human shape, his body is living rock now because of his mutation. Just like Beast's body has mutated and now he's furry and has big hands and feet (and still would if he lost his powers), Rockslide's body has mutated and become organic rock and still would be organic rock if he lost his powers.

The Owl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The Owl

I'd think Cyclops and Warpath would be the odds on favorites. But I'm not positive.

Strange Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Strange Doctor

If Rockslide is still made out of organic rock, would collossus still have organic steel? And why would Beast lose his strength, does he lose muscle mass?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By John Valentine
Buckshot said:
" He wouldn't be fast, but he should be able to move his own body. He wouldn't have super strength, but he'd still be hitting people with fists made of rock. I know Warpath has his knives but he'd be the same as X-23, just scratching his hide.

I don't think Rockslide should lose automatically just because he's made of rock. If pieces of him got knocked off he couldn't put himself back together, but falling apart just by standing there doesn't seem right. He's not just normal rocks in a human shape, his body is living rock now because of his mutation. Just like Beast's body has mutated and now he's furry and has big hands and feet (and still would if he lost his powers), Rockslide's body has mutated and become organic rock and still would be organic rock if he lost his powers.
Are you sure it's organic rock? In "Quest for magic" and "Children of the X-Men" arcs of New X-Men it was alluded to that Rockslide was a psionic entity and therefore had no existing original body. Also he created a new body from Limbo-world Lava.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Strange Doctor said:
"If Rockslide is still made out of organic rock, would collossus still have organic steel? And why would Beast lose his strength, does he lose muscle mass?
"
Maybe he would have organic steel, but would he have the power to transform into that state? I was thinking about the Beast question when I wrote my other post and I think I confused myself by carrying it too far. Cyclops has mutated so his body can take in energy and shoot it out again. His biology is different and allows him to do this thing, so shouldn't he still be able to do it? Just like Beast still has his muscle mass, Cyclops' eyes still work (don't they?) the same way. There are probably other characters like that too (maybe all of them, I don't know). I doubt I'm right since I'm no expert of fictional genetics, but I wanted to say it in case I am.

John Valentine said:
Are you sure it's organic rock? In "Quest for magic" and "Children of the X-Men" arcs of New X-Men it was alluded to that Rockslide was a psionic entity and therefore had no existing original body. Also he created a new body from Limbo-world Lava."
I'm sure his original body was organic rock. I know he's upgraded a couple times since, but what if his psionic powers turn whatever rocks he gets into organic rock. Iceman turns whatever moisture is around into organic ice (and then back to flesh) so I don't see why Rockslide couldn't. You could always avoid the whole thing and say he's in this fight as his original (organic rock) body.
Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Nightcrawler's agility isn't based on his powers, it's based on years of circus training, followed by X-Men training. He's basically as agile as Nightwing, and it's all natural.

I think all those claiming Santos is a psionic rock entity might be correct, but I will keep looking for an example.

Angel's wings should be strong enough to break bones, like a swan's wings. He is also a skilled fighter, and his hollow bones should make him quicker than most of the depowered X-Men.

Beast should remain as a blue ape -- since that was chemical.

If X-23 doesn't have adamantium in her bones, then she's a definite contender for the win. As is Hepzibah, since she's a skilled alien fighter.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Ebony Bishop said:
I think all those claiming Santos is a psionic rock entity might be correct, but I will keep looking for an example.
He is a psionic entity, but the last time they wrote about his body it was "organic rock". As I said, his new body might be different, but it could very well be like Iceman's whole deal that turns whatever ice (or rock for Santo) he's using for his body into an organic form. If you're taking him as psionic though, he has no DNA for Forge's machine to work on (that's how it works right?) so he'd stay how he is wouldn't he?