#101 Edited by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01 said:

@optimuspalm: haha! Being bald changes your voice now? lol

The professor doesn't need to put two fingers on his head to get into peoples' mind. I doubt Superman would go for the guy in the wheelchair first. He'd be too busy fighting a raging green monster who is just as strong/durable as he is, a big blonde dude(also as strong/durable as he is) wielding a magical hammer, a chick who controls the weather, a man in a metal suit who flies just as fast as him, and a short guy with claws.

If Prof X doesn't stop Superman fast, he WILL take the team down, but not as fast or as horrible as people are making it out to be.

lol no, i was clearly joking there!

I Know Xavier doesnt NEED to do it, but he usually does. I think its a possibility that knowing his opponent, Xavier would have to concentrate , which means the 'two fingers at his temple'. I understand that this is arguable. Just like the fact that a bloodlusted supes would probably want to clear what looks like the easiest targets first - an old guy in a wheelchair.

At least we agree that Supes best, and possibly only chance, would be to eliminate Prof first. The debate is whether this is what he'd do....

#102 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and the Kyrptonians were clearly stronger than both Thor and Hulk. What strength feats, besides one punch from hulk, did either of them have? What feats could even be calculated? I don't remember any...feel free to enlighten men though. As for Superman and co. we have the oil rig, which easily clears around 100 tons and the train, which clears anywhere between 100-150+ (I don't remember how many cars he threw). Both those feats are quantifiable unlike anything Hulk and Thor have to offer. For unmeasurable feats that have to be speculated upon, Superman still comes out on top. The World Machine clearly made someone as strong as Superman struggle so its safe to say the gravity was immense and his fight with Zod left more damage than any of the fights Thor and Hulk had in any of the marvel movies. Just take an unbiased look at all the films and you will see that Superman surpasses them in strength.....

@rudebomberboy01 said:

There were no real challenges in the Avengers movie for both Thor/Hulk to showcase their full potential, so we don't really know how strong both are. Didn't Hulk like one-shot a leviathan just by mildly swinging his arm?

Durability can also be debated as the same type of bullets that blew Non out of the way were bouncing off Hulks' back in the movie.

No real challenges....yet both of them were obviously fatigued and hurt by the end of the battle???

And, one, if you want to go that route, then why did Thor dive out of the way to avoid the same bullets? And, two, it could be because Nam-ek(I don't think it was Non in this movie) weighs significantly less than Hulk. Durability could only be debated if Nam-Ek was hurt by the barrage.

There was less damage in the Avengers movie because the heroes...... acted like heroes? They tried their best to steer clear out of peoples' way. Most of the damages done was caused by the Chitauri and the leviathans. Man of steel however.. About 60% of the damage done was caused by Clark, he didn't try to lead the fight to an unpopulated area like Iron Man/Caps did.

Hulk and Thor were hurt and fatigued at the end of their battle? I must've missed that because I didn't see any damage or signs of them slowing down. And even if they were showing signs of fatigue, it has nothing to do with strength or durability, but stamina.

I have no idea why Thor rolled out of the way. I could ask you the same question about Superman flying out of the way and Faora evading them. The bullets didn't even faze Hulk. Call it nitpicking but the bullets did make Supermans' head cock back :P

There wasn't any real challenges for Hulk/Thor to showcase their full potential, we didn't get a chance to see their upper limits because they were just ripping through everything that came their way.

We don't know what Thors' lightning would do to Superman and we definitely don't know how the Mjolnir will affect Superman.

I'm not being biased or anything, I did say Superman wins eventually(unless Prof X stops him) but not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

#104 Posted by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is bloodlusted, Prof x is not. With prep, Prof X would find out that Supes is a genuine good guy, which means mind rape will not be his first thought. He'll try to convince Supes that the fight isnt worth it. As soon as blood lusted Supes feels Prof in his mind, his heat vision will easily deal with that threat, permanently.

A bloodlusted Supes against a team of heroes who's prep time will reveal they are fighting another hero, should prevail. (i'm going on the basis that their prep time wouldnt reveal that he is bloodlusted)

He's not Bloodlusted...but his Morals are still off...so he can just decide to shut down Supermaan's Brain. Even if he decides to go easy on Superman...he can just give him a command to go to sleep.

And, as I already said, with Prep Time, Charles doesn't even have to be in Smallville...he can hop into cerebro at the mansion and just turn Superman off from there.

#105 Posted by izbighulk (768 posts) - - Show Bio

The team gets 3 days prep.You obviously want superman to lose

#106 Edited by RudeBomberBoy01 (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

I Know Xavier doesnt NEED to do it, but he usually does. I think its a possibility that knowing his opponent, Xavier would have to concentrate , which means the 'two fingers at his temple'. I understand that this is arguable. Just like the fact that a bloodlusted supes would probably want to clear what looks like the easiest targets first - an old guy in a wheelchair.

At least we agree that Supes best, and possibly only chance, would be to eliminate Prof first. The debate is whether this is what he'd do....

I knew you were joking :P

Remember the team has prep. Who says Prof X has to be in the vicinity? He will not be matchin... rolling into the front lines yelling 'FOR FREEDOM!', He could attack from a distance. Iron Man, Hawkeye and Storm could serve as distractions while the professor attacks. Hulk could serve as a tank soaking damage. Thor could brawl... well at least try to. There are a lot of ways Prof X could take him.

#107 Posted by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: I thought if the OP states that the fight is in Smallville, then all characters have to stay in Smallville, no? Otherwise they could use their prep time to hide in the Moon (for example) and claim a draw. Besides that, you make a good point. And its not like he couldnt set up cerebro in Smallville, out of sight.

But Smallville isnt a big place, and there is no 'starting position', so they dont actually know where and when Superman will appear. Prep does not mean they get to decide how the fight plays out.

I'm guessing Prof X would sense Supes if he was nearby? If so would Supes be able to tell? There's a chance that this could happen before anybody has laid eyes on him, and before Supes has laid eyes on any of his unknown enemies. If he knows somebody is in his head what's stopping a bloodlusted supes blitzing all of smallville in a split second? If by chance he comes across Xavier first, he wins.

I believe this is called a long shot. (Possibly the longest shot of all time lol)

LMAO reading back at what i've typed actually made me laugh out loud, so i'm going to leave it in, and hope you laugh with me, and not at me :D

I just wanted to explain how i think there is a slim chance that Supes can tag Prof before he's put to sleep. Supe's speed feats (and speed of thought feats) outclass everybody here. The whole fight seems one sided to me, sometimes its fun to fight for the underdog.

However:

@optimuspalm said:

I knew you were joking :P

Remember the team has prep. Who says Prof X has to be in the vicinity? He will not be matchin... rolling into the front lines yelling 'FOR FREEDOM!', He could attack from a distance. Iron Man, Hawkeye and Storm could serve as distractions while the professor attacks. Hulk could serve as a tank soaking damage. Thor could brawl... well at least try to. There are a lot of ways Prof X could take him.

LOL this is what's most likely to happen.

#108 Posted by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm: He's a telepath...his Mind can be anywhere at all. No reason he can't piggyback into the battle in someone else's mind.

#109 Posted by Picallo3798 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot prof X solos here. My question is at what point did we get to see MOS defense against mind attacks? We dont so how can we say that they're not as they are in the comics, which is VERY good or they're not? This poses a serious hole, as in every case supes is the clear winner unless Prof, X can pull some mind rapage. Which Im not convinced he can or cannot. The movie version of Supes has incredible feats way above the other movie versions as he escapes a black hole, which is just ridiculous, and is able to withstand a tremendous gravity shift from the planet machine. He also fights two others of his kind, at once, and wins......mostly, they run. Thor and Hulk movie versions are strong, but nothing compared to overpowering a black hole. Not to mention his durability held up as his flesh was being pulled away. Thats insane. If his body can withstand that, per the movie as the OP states he would laugh off just about every attack the other team has. Hulk, thor (movie versions)<<<<<<< Black hole. Comics whole other story. All of the kryptonians are stronger than the opposing team and MOS tanked em all. If Prof X can do something, I dont think we can say either way, then maybe the team can take MOS otherwise, not a chance.

#110 Posted by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm: He's a telepath...his Mind can be anywhere at all. No reason he can't piggyback into the battle in someone else's mind.

Wouldn't that be cheating?

#111 Posted by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

If he can affect the battlefield from Westchester...and there's prep time that allows him to plan for such an event...I don't see how it would be "cheating"

#112 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot prof X solos here. My question is at what point did we get to see MOS defense against mind attacks? We dont so how can we say that they're not as they are in the comics, which is VERY good or they're not? This poses a serious hole, as in every case supes is the clear winner unless Prof, X can pull some mind rapage. Which Im not convinced he can or cannot. The movie version of Supes has incredible feats way above the other movie versions as he escapes a black hole, which is just ridiculous, and is able to withstand a tremendous gravity shift from the planet machine. He also fights two others of his kind, at once, and wins......mostly, they run. Thor and Hulk movie versions are strong, but nothing compared to overpowering a black hole. Not to mention his durability held up as his flesh was being pulled away. Thats insane. If his body can withstand that, per the movie as the OP states he would laugh off just about every attack the other team has. Hulk, thor (movie versions)<<<<<<< Black hole. Comics whole other story. All of the kryptonians are stronger than the opposing team and MOS tanked em all. If Prof X can do something, I dont think we can say either way, then maybe the team can take MOS otherwise, not a chance.

You can't apply feats from the comics onto movie versions. As far as we know thus far Man of Steel Clark's mind is no different that anyone else's. It's already been established what Prof. X can do with his telepathy. In X-2 it was stated that, when he's hooked into cerebro, he has the power to kill every single human or mutant on the Planet. Clark has no established feats to suggest he can resist a telepathic assault of that magnitude.

#113 Edited by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

If he can affect the battlefield from Westchester...and there's prep time that allows him to plan for such an event...I don't see how it would be "cheating"

Because it gives Supes no chance of a win. So maybe its not cheating, just a big flaw in the thread.

EDIT: Just read your post above. Clark is neither Human, nor Mutant. That line from X-2 means nothing here.

#114 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

Because it gives Supes no chance of a win. So maybe its not cheating, just a big flaw in the thread.

Even so...with three days prep they could probably just make a portable cerebro. Also, Xavier doesn't need Cerebro to instantly shut down Clark's mind. A Morals off Xavier will have no qualms about it. Xavier could just be chilling at the Starbucks around the corner and Mind Wipe Supes from there. Even if Charles is sitting right there...Superman would have to decide that the guy in the wheelchair is obviously the biggest threat and go after him before anyone else can step in the way. So he'd have to ignore the Giant Green Monster, The Huge Asgardian with the Hammer, The Large Blue-furred Monster, and the guy in the Futuristic looking Armor...all of whom look like bigger threats than an old man in a wheel chair. In other words...its very unlikely he singles out Xavier as his first Target. And even then...If he has to think about who to attack first...Xavier has the time he needs to just shut Clark down.

#115 Edited by Picallo3798 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@picallo3798 said:

You can't apply feats from the comics onto movie versions. As far as we know thus far Man of Steel Clark's mind is no different that anyone else's. It's already been established what Prof. X can do with his telepathy. In X-2 it was stated that, when he's hooked into cerebro, he has the power to kill every single human or mutant on the Planet. Clark has no established feats to suggest he can resist a telepathic assault of that magnitude.

Your theory is fundamentally flawed in two ways. First Prof X does not have Cerebro. Second MOS is not a mutant or a human so we cannot say how it would effect him. And I never said we could use comic feats I just said we dont know so we cant say he could fend it off or not. Thats a fair statement. As far as we know thus far Man of Steel Clark's mind is no different that anyone else's. We cant say that. I can easily say As far as we know prof x can try to take over Clarks mind and get killed because he's a krptonian and prof x has no idea. But I cant say that. Thats silly. The only reason I mentioned the comics is because thats the only other point of reference we have. If we wanna get REALLY REALLY technical then I say that Prof X cant even get to Clarks mind. Why? The same reason MOS's suit never gets damaged by rockets or bullets. Supermans aura. Thats clearly in the movie, hence legal, as his suit never tears. And it also protects against mind attacks. I actually forgot about that until just now.

#116 Posted by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

Even so...with three days prep they could probably just make a portable cerebro. Also, Xavier doesn't need Cerebro to instantly shut down Clark's mind. A Morals off Xavier will have no qualms about it. Xavier could just be chilling at the Starbucks around the corner and Mind Wipe Supes from there. Even if Charles is sitting right there...Superman would have to decide that the guy in the wheelchair is obviously the biggest threat and go after him before anyone else can step in the way. So he'd have to ignore the Giant Green Monster, The Huge Asgardian with the Hammer, The Large Blue-furred Monster, and the guy in the Futuristic looking Armor...all of whom look like bigger threats than an old man in a wheel chair. In other words...its very unlikely he singles out Xavier as his first Target. And even then...If he has to think about who to attack first...Xavier has the time he needs to just shut Clark down.

But doesnt Xavier have to think about doing that too? Supes has speed thought feats almost equal to the Flash. If you can show me how Prof X can think faster than that then i might agree with you. And Supes would indeed ignore all those people if he could think AND strike before any of them can lift a finger.

#117 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@picallo3798 said:

Your theory is fundamentally flawed in two ways. First Prof X does not have Cerebro. Second MOS is not a mutant or a human so we cannot say how it would effect him. And I never said we could use comic feats I just said we dont know so we cant say he could fend it off or not. Thats a fair statement. As far as we know thus far Man of Steel Clark's mind is no different that anyone else's. We cant say that. I can easily say As far as we know prof x can try to take over Clarks mind and get killed because he's a krptonian and prof x has no idea. But I cant say that. Thats silly. The only reason I mentioned the comics is because thats the only other point of reference we have. If we wanna get REALLY REALLY technical then I say that Prof X cant even get to Clarks mind. Why? The same reason MOS's suit never gets damaged by rockets or bullets. Supermans aura. Thats clearly in the movie, hence legal, as his suit never tears. And it also protects against mind attacks. I actually forgot about that until just now.

Your Critique of my "fundamentally flawed" theory is Fundamentally Flawed.

1. He's got 3 days prep. That means he can get Cerebro.

2. It was well established that Kryptonians are very much like Humans in many ways. Ther was never any indication that Kryptonian brains are different from Human Brains.

3. We know what Xavier's Mental Powers can do. They were well established in the movies. We have no evidence to suggest that Clark has any protection from them.

4. Where exactly in the movie does it say anytthing about Superman having an Aura that protects him from Mind Attacks? You have to base your argument on what was shown in the movie.

#118 Posted by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

But doesnt Xavier have to think about doing that too? Supes has speed thought feats almost equal to the Flash. If you can show me how Prof X can think faster than that then i might agree with you. And Supes would indeed ignore all those people if he could think AND strike before any of them can lift a finger.

Not in the movie he doesn't. In the move nothing was shown to suggest Clark thinks faster than anyone else. Xavier doesn't have to think faster than Clark. He just has to think as fast.

And why do you believe he would ignore everyone else and go for the cripple? What kind of logical thought process is that?

#119 Edited by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

Not in the movie he doesn't. In the move nothing was shown to suggest Clark thinks faster than anyone else. Xavier doesn't have to think faster than Clark. He just has to think as fast.

And why do you believe he would ignore everyone else and go for the cripple? What kind of logical thought process is that?

I'll answer your last question first. Because, as i've suggested in a previous post, he senses somebody in his mind and common sense would deduce that the old man in a wheelchair is the guy doing it. Why else would he be there?

In the movie it shows him fighting with other people of his kind, at times whilst flying at speed. A normal Human would not have the speed of thought to adjust his body or land blows at that speed (in my opinion). Prof X has no movie feats to equal that.

EDIT (after having a think): The movie did not show MOS fighting as fast as i'd think he'd need to fight, in order to carry out what i think he'd need to do.

#120 Posted by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

@optimuspalm said:

@shawnbaby said:

I'll answer your last question first. Because, as i've suggested in a previous post, he senses somebody in his mind and common sense would deduce that the old man in a wheelchair is the guy doing it. Why else would he be there?

In the movie it shows him fighting with other people of his kind, at times whilst flying at speed. A normal Human would not have the speed of thought to adjust his body or land blows at that speed (in my opinion). Prof X has no movie feats to equal that.

Actually a regular human can think far faster than that....they just don't have the physical Reflexes to react. The ability of the human mind to process information is really quite incredible...its our frail bodies that fail us. Take just regular driving for example. Think about all the processes your brain goes through while you are travelling at a speed far faster than your body could ever manage...all in the blink of an eye. Now imagine Fighter pilots, who do the same thing only at much higher speeds. Superman is just in a position where his body can react to that information he is processing.

By the time he senses Xavier in his mind...its far too late for him to do anything about it.

#121 Posted by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: I made a late edit to my last post you may have missed. Having only seen the film once i had to think back at what actually happened. I was also going with the assumption that his thought speed was that of the comics as the basis for what i thought he'd do.

Interesting point about the jet pilots, but there's a good reason they dont fly as low as MoS was at times in the film.

MoS loses here.

MoS with the speed of thought of comic Supes may pull off a win.

Apologies, i should've known better than to use comic feats in a movie battle. It was unintentional.

#122 Posted by X_insignia1 (1406 posts) - - Show Bio

For one the mind feat in MoS was achieved through kryptonian tech, are you folks even SURE that professor X is capable of affecting alien minds? Their brains are completely different.

#123 Posted by Hyperlight (7134 posts) - - Show Bio

prof X or a Thor/Hulk tag team are the teams only chances. other than that... Supes can take it

#124 Edited by OptimusPalm (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

For one the mind feat in MoS was achieved through kryptonian tech, are you folks even SURE that professor X is capable of affecting alien minds? Their brains are completely different.

For the sake of what i was debating with shawnbaby, we were taking it to be true. I had however earlier debated that Prof X being able to control every human and mutant on the planet (X-2) has no relevance here because MoS is not human or mutant.

#125 Edited by Picallo3798 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Your Critique of my "fundamentally flawed" theory is Fundamentally Flawed.

1. He's got 3 days prep. That means he can get Cerebro.

2. It was well established that Kryptonians are very much like Humans in many ways. Ther was never any indication that Kryptonian brains are different from Human Brains.

3. We know what Xavier's Mental Powers can do. They were well established in the movies. We have no evidence to suggest that Clark has any protection from them.

4. Where exactly in the movie does it say anytthing about Superman having an Aura that protects him from Mind Attacks? You have to base your argument on what was shown in the movie.

1. Well in that case then all of the heroes can get "stuff, allies etc" so lets just make it superman vs everyone. The OP says these characters 3 days prep doesnt automatically mean they get everything under the sun because in that case then it would be superman vs everyone and everything they could muster in 3 days. This should be clarified. If Im wrong Im wrong.

2. Kryptonians are aliens. Scans proof?

3. We have no evidence he cant. We're talking in circles.

4. Supermans aura is real and because his suit isnt damaged in the movies its clearly there. Im not being a jerk, but I wont do the research for you. Look it up. I assure you its real. Well I did ask you to provide proof so here you go supermans aura

#126 Posted by schillenger420 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, well... we have Prof. X.... Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and Beast all with 3 days prep..... Plus the MoS Superman was still learning how to use his powers, he also never went FTL..... Teams win due to prep and numbers.

#127 Edited by leonyippy (9 posts) - - Show Bio

As mentioned before in this thread, theres a few useless characters in the Marvel Team. However for those remaining with a chance, a few points should be considered that haven't been mentioned:

1. Tony Stark and Jarvis cannot build new armours in 3 days based on movie feats I believe. Especially, special ones just for tanking up all of them.

2. Can and if Prof X can infiltrate alien minds (canon has shown him get alien minds, but no movie feat, but no limit shown, so we don't know), would he get sensory overload, or does he get the same adaptation that Clark himself has trained himself to do.

3. Both Hulk, Thor and Supes have strong durability. None of them really wipe each other out, just because a bullet cocks your head back doesn't mean you're dead. A 10 year old girl could kick me hard and knock me down but I could still hypothetically do fatal damage to her once I get back up. In the end, movie Supes could out pummel the other 2 movie characters in my opinion.

4. End MOS Superman is much stronger, and grows stronger throughout film, he's still "testing his limits".

IMO, Superman wins.

Open minded to rebuttals.

#128 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonyippy said:

As mentioned before in this thread, theres a few useless characters in the Marvel Team. However for those remaining with a chance, a few points should be considered that haven't been mentioned:

1. Tony Stark and Jarvis cannot build new armours in 3 days based on movie feats I believe. Especially, special ones just for tanking up all of them.

2. Can and if Prof X can infiltrate alien minds (canon has shown him get alien minds, but no movie feat, but no limit shown, so we don't know), would he get sensory overload, or does he get the same adaptation that Clark himself has trained himself to do.

3. Both Hulk, Thor and Supes have strong durability. None of them really wipe each other out, just because a bullet cocks your head back doesn't mean you're dead. A 10 year old girl could kick me hard and knock me down but I could still hypothetically do fatal damage to her once I get back up. In the end, movie Supes could out pummel the other 2 movie characters in my opinion.

4. End MOS Superman is much stronger, and grows stronger throughout film, he's still "testing his limits".

IMO, Superman wins.

Open minded to rebuttals.

Xavier doesn't have to take over Clarks Mind...he can just shut it down...so the sensory overload is not an issue. Kryptonian minds don't seem to be that different from Human. Jor-El even makes a point of saying how much Kryptonians and Humans are alike in the movie.

Also, Between the Avengers and Iron Man 3...Tony crafted about 35 different armours...So it's hard to say what he's capable of doing in 3 days. And in the first movie...in a cave and using only scrap parts...he made his first armour in about a week.

#129 Edited by leonyippy (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm, i guess Prof X could shut it down, but wouldn't anyone react from a whole load of senses before he can switch it off? Because he felt the pain of the coin go through Sebastian Shaw's head. I don't know how instananteous emotions and senses and such are.

Edit: On second thoughts, I think coin through head hurts more than sensory overload, because they give you a snapshot of what Zod feels in those moments of overload....and tbh it doesn't seem toooo harsh on the brain, so I guess Prof X is the only thing standing between MOS wiping. And with no prep, Supes is defs not going for the bald cripple first.

I figured the time in between Avengers and Iron Man 3, was more than 3 days, and a robot can multitask and create armour, but as you saw in Avengers, the making of one armour took almost the whole movie to make I think. which was how long? I don't know. You're including research into this Kryptonian fellow and working out how to beat him.

#130 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonyippy said:

Mmm, i guess Prof X could shut it down, but wouldn't anyone react from a whole load of senses before he can switch it off? Because he felt the pain of the coin go through Sebastian Shaw's head. I don't know how instananteous emotions and senses and such are.

Edit: On second thoughts, I think coin through head hurts more than sensory overload, because they give you a snapshot of what Zod feels in those moments of overload....and tbh it doesn't seem toooo harsh on the brain, so I guess Prof X is the only thing standing between MOS wiping. And with no prep, Supes is defs not going for the bald cripple first.

I figured the time in between Avengers and Iron Man 3, was more than 3 days, and a robot can multitask and create armour, but as you saw in Avengers, the making of one armour took almost the whole movie to make I think. which was how long? I don't know. You're including research into this Kryptonian fellow and working out how to beat him.

I didn't say he could make 35 armours in 3 days...but I believe the time between the movies was something like 3 to 6 months. That means he would have been pushing out 1-2 armours a week...and that's just him keeping himself busy. I'm not saying he can for sure create a Superman Buster in 3 days...I'm just saying the man seems to have Streamlined his Production between the Avengers and IM3

35 armours

3 months = 90 days

= 12 armours a month. = 3 armours a week

6 months = 180 days

= 6 armours a month. = 1.5 armours a week.

Either way it's over 1 armour every week. So crafting 1 armour in 3 days is plausible.

We don't know how long it took to create the Mark 8 used in Avengers....and during that time he was pretty busy.

#131 Edited by leonyippy (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Surely you have to completely write up the whole blueprint before Jarvis can start work on it, you can't modify and keep updating your plans as the movie runs along, so the machines will always be working at "full speed"? Ok then, say he can make quick smart armours. But either way, I don't think armour making speed has too much effect on this battle, Superman has no intellect advantage (except speedlearning? even thats not feat in movies), so the biggest threat surely cannot be from any brawn or any extra defensive armour. So Prof X is the deciding factor. I'm gonna go on a limb and say it just depends on who's feeling better that day. As per settings of proposed battle, bloodlusted Superman should go all out and kill everyone as fast as possible, I'm sitting on the fence here, if Prof X can work out this pseudohuman brain and shut it down first, Prof wins, if not, Supes wins.

#132 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12339 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with the consensus in that Professor Xavier could solo.

#133 Posted by X_insignia1 (1406 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X still hasn't shown that he can infiltrate Alien minds.

#134 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from Professor X, none of the X-men, Hulk, and even Tony have showcased any prep that can take superman.

Tony: Makes a million types of suits, none of which will help him here.

X-men: who gives a crap about prep?

Hulk: when all else fails, just go Hulk. (Bruce Banner doesn't have the prep to do jack here.)

#135 Posted by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

Surely you have to completely write up the whole blueprint before Jarvis can start work on it, you can't modify and keep updating your plans as the movie runs along, so the machines will always be working at "full speed"? Ok then, say he can make quick smart armours. But either way, I don't think armour making speed has too much effect on this battle, Superman has no intellect advantage (except speedlearning? even thats not feat in movies), so the biggest threat surely cannot be from any brawn or any extra defensive armour. So Prof X is the deciding factor. I'm gonna go on a limb and say it just depends on who's feeling better that day. As per settings of proposed battle, bloodlusted Superman should go all out and kill everyone as fast as possible, I'm sitting on the fence here, if Prof X can work out this pseudohuman brain and shut it down first, Prof wins, if not, Supes wins.

It's really quite simple. In between The Avengers and Iron Man 3...Tony Made 35 Armours. I can't say for sure how long it takes to build each one but, in the time gap between those 2 movies, he made 35 armours. I've given you the math as to how that works. If its a 6 month period between the 2 movies...It averages out to about 6 armours every month. That's just the Math. And that was just Tony keeping himself busy. He wasn't actually prepping for anything specifically. And when you consider he build his very first suit in a cave and had to salvage every single piece out of his own weapon systems in a bout a week.... It's not a huge leap of faith to assume that, when he's given full access to all of his very considerable resources, that he could slap something together in 3 days, especially since he spent some of that time working on miniaturizing his Arc Reactor.

#136 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonyippy said:

It's really quite simple. In between The Avengers and Iron Man 3...Tony Made 35 Armours. I can't say for sure how long it takes to build each one but, in the time gap between those 2 movies, he made 35 armours. I've given you the math as to how that works. If its a 6 month period between the 2 movies...It averages out to about 6 armours every month. That's just the Math. And that was just Tony keeping himself busy. He wasn't actually prepping for anything specifically. And when you consider he build his very first suit in a cave and had to salvage every single piece out of his own weapon systems in a bout a week.... It's not a huge leap of faith to assume that, when he's given full access to all of his very considerable resources, that he could slap something together in 3 days, especially since he spent some of that time working on miniaturizing his Arc Reactor.

A lot of the armors he made were destroyed by Killian and his mates. They're fragile things, and honestly aren't too bright. Unless he knows what he's dealing with, I doubt he could take Hulk or Thor in 3 days.

#137 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: Again, I'm not saying he could build Superman Buster armour in 3 days....I'm just saying that with 3 days...he could build a new suit.

#138 Edited by eatmore_payless (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

@optimuspalm said:

Superman is bloodlusted, Prof x is not. With prep, Prof X would find out that Supes is a genuine good guy, which means mind rape will not be his first thought. He'll try to convince Supes that the fight isnt worth it. As soon as blood lusted Supes feels Prof in his mind, his heat vision will easily deal with that threat, permanently.

A bloodlusted Supes against a team of heroes who's prep time will reveal they are fighting another hero, should prevail. (i'm going on the basis that their prep time wouldnt reveal that he is bloodlusted)

1.How will Superman figure out the person attacking his mind? Proff X could just appear as a voice in his head telling him to do things.

2.The only thing Superman has over Thor and Hulk is speed. The world engine feat can only be speculated and is more of a durability feat.

3.There were no real challenges in the Avengers movie for both Thor/Hulk to showcase their full potential, so we don't really know how strong both are. Didn't Hulk like one-shot a leviathan just by mildly swinging his arm?

4.Durability can also be debated as the same type of bullets that blew Non out of the way were bouncing off Hulks' back in the movie.

5.That said, I think Superman will eventually win because gotdamn! his speed is too much!

What's stopping superman from dive bombing the team and literally obliterate them with that?

In his fight with Zod, they were practically destroying buildings after building with one punch. They create sonic booms and crush the ground beneath them with each attack. And bringing up that oil rig feat is a silly argument, for 1, his powers weren't fully developed yet, and 2 the helipad that he was standing was collapsing. I advice you to rewatch the movie.

The God and the green monster fought against each other, I think that alone is an enough challenge for them and besides, giving their respective solo movies, their feats there wasn't even close to what superman did in MOS.

Faora tanked a missile using her hand. Non got knocked back because he wasn't anticipating the shot, and they were not familiar with their new powers that they gain heck maybe they doesn't even have a single clue about it, whilst hulk have pretty much experience smashing things. And remember Thor was quick to get out of the Jets way just to not to get hit by its riffle.

I agree with that.

#139 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor: Again, I'm not saying he could build Superman Buster armour in 3 days....I'm just saying that with 3 days...he could build a new suit.

The thing about Tony as shown in Iron Man 3.. is that he isn't completely himself. He's kind of depressed? Those armors took him months to make, and even then they were repetitive.

#140 Posted by VarsyHunna (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X solos WITH 3 DAYS OF PREP

#141 Posted by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

The thing about Tony as shown in Iron Man 3.. is that he isn't completely himself. He's kind of depressed? Those armors took him months to make, and even then they were repetitive.

Once again, he made 35 armours in the months between The Avengers and Iron Man 3. Thirty Five. In maybe 6 months. I've already shown the Math. It averages out to about 6 armours EVERY MONTH. What exactly is so complicated about this?

#142 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby said:

Once again, he made 35 armours in the months between The Avengers and Iron Man 3. Thirty Five. In maybe 6 months. I've already shown the Math. It averages out to about 6 armours EVERY MONTH. What exactly is so complicated about this?

:The same suit, there was nothing new about them.. the "coming up with a special suit" is nah, wouldn't happen. The same thing x 35 would still get crushed.

(edit, I think there was a really big Iron Man armor in that movie, but I think it'd crushed as well.)

#143 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby said:

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby said:

:The same suit, there was nothing new about them.. the "coming up with a special suit" is nah, wouldn't happen. The same thing x 35 would still get crushed.

(edit, I think there was a really big Iron Man armor in that movie, but I think it'd crushed as well.)

Have you not read anything I've said?

Look at what I said:

@shawnbaby said:

Do you see this? Do you see where I specifically said I didn't think he could Build a Superman Buster Suit in 3 days? Do i need to make the Text Even Bigger?

#144 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby said:

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby said:

Look at what I said:

@shawnbaby said:

Do you see this? Did you see where I specifically said I didn't think he could Build a Superman Buster Suit in 3 days? Do i need to make the Text Even Bigger?

Tony makes a new suit in 3 days, gotcha. I'd still take Superman over him, because even though he made 35 suits in 6 months, none of them can handle the firepower he's facing. As for Superman Buster armor, I don't it'd be called that, mainly because he probably doesn't know about his opponent and that it sounds meh, couldn't even do well with his other buster armors.

#145 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby said:

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby said:

Look at what I said:

@shawnbaby said:

Do you see this? Did you see where I specifically said I didn't think he could Build a Superman Buster Suit in 3 days? Do i need to make the Text Even Bigger?

Tony makes a new suit in 3 days, gotcha. I'd still take Superman over him, because even though he made 35 suits in 6 months, none of them can handle the firepower he's facing. As for Superman Buster armor, I don't it'd be called that, mainly because he probably know about his opponent and that it sounds meh, couldn't even do well with his other buster armors.

Sigh. I give up. You clearly aren't understanding that I never said that any of his suits were a match for Superman. A guy said "I don't think Tony can make a new armour in 3 days" and I said "Yes he can". That's all I said.

And it really doesn't matter what he would call the thing...but for the record he did name his Anti-Hulk Armour "Hulkbuster". and his Anti-Thor Armor "ThorBuster"

He might go all out and call it "Kryptonianbuster". But what's in a name?

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;

Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.

What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,

Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part

Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!

What's in a name? that which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet;

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,

Retain that dear perfection which he owes

Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,

And for that name which is no part of thee

Take all myself.

#146 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

Well you didn't say that Tony has a suit that can take on the likes of Superman. However you did imply that Tony could make a new suit that is going to do something in this battle. I followed your idea that Tony made 35 suits without even trying, and I don't see him making a superior suit. Not in three days, against the likes of Thor, Hulk, and even Superman.

Why'd I even bother mentioning the name? Because Comic Iron Man wasn't too successful with those suits, I think it would be a losing streak if he named it that.

#147 Edited by Shawnbaby (11007 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

Well you didn't say that Tony has a suit that can take on the likes of Superman. However you did imply that Tony could make a new suit that is going to do something in this battle. I followed your idea that Tony made 35 suits without even trying, and I don't see him making a superior suit. Not in three days, against the likes of Thor, Hulk, and even Superman.

Why'd I even bother mentioning the name? Because Comic Iron Man wasn't too successful with those suits, I think it would be a losing streak if he named it that.

I never implied anything. You inferred that. I have said, quite clearly, that I didn't think he could make a superman buster suit in 3 days time. I said it to you specifically and you continued to badger me about this. I, then had to actively point out to you that I had already said that he couldn't make a Superman Buster Suit in 3 days. So really...I've told you twice now...and you still aren't getting it. All I ever actually said was that he can build an armour in 3 days. Period. End of Story.

But let me be crystal clear for you since you seem to still be having trouble:

1. I never said Tony would make Superman Buster Armour in 3 days time.

2. I never implied anything to suggest he could build a suit that would "make a difference". If you inferred that...that's your problem.

3. I never brought up him using all the armours against Superman. That was you.

4. Re-Read points 1-3 again to be sure you understand all the things I never said or implied.

#148 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

"Also, Between the Avengers and Iron Man 3...Tony crafted about 35 different armours...So it's hard to say what he's capable of doing in 3 days. And in the first movie...in a cave and using only scrap parts...he made his first armour in about a week."

That's what I read. I would think you're implying Tony making something/a suit.

#149 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@linsanel_doctor said:

@shawnbaby:

I never implied anything. You inferred that. I have said, quite clearly, that I didn't think he could make a superman buster suit in 3 days time. I said it to you specifically and you continued to badger me about this. I, then had to actively point out to you that I had already said that he couldn't make a Superman Buster Suit in 3 days. So really...I've told you twice now...and you still aren't getting it. All I ever actually said was that he can build an armour in 3 days. Period. End of Story.

But let me be crystal clear for you since you seem to still be having trouble:

1. I never said Tony would make Superman Buster Armour in 3 days time.

I don't think Tony knows anything about his opponent in this battle, but I could be wrong. Aside from a suit, what else would he do? I didn't mean to accuse you of anything.

2. I never implied anything to suggest he could build a suit that would "make a difference".

If you inferred that...that's your problem.

If he's doing any prep, it would have to make a difference for this battle, just an expression. By prep I'm assuming you mean Suits.

3. I never brought up him using all the armours against Superman. That was you.

@shawnbaby said:

@leonyippy said:

I didn't say he could make 35 armours in 3 days...but I believe the time between the movies was something like 3 to 6 months. That means he would have been pushing out 1-2 armours a week...and that's just him keeping himself busy. I'm not saying he can for sure create a Superman Buster in 3 days...I'm just saying the man seems to have Streamlined his Production between the Avengers and IM3

35 armours

3 months = 90 days

= 12 armours a month. = 3 armours a week

6 months = 180 days

= 6 armours a month. = 1.5 armours a week.

Either way it's over 1 armour every week. So crafting 1 armour in 3 days is plausible.

We don't know how long it took to create the Mark 8 used in Avengers....and during that time he was pretty busy.

I don't what kind of prep Tony is going to do, but from this impressive feat of making these suits, I think I know where this is going. Movie Iron Man prep feats go as far as creating a new element, to making a bunch of suits.

#150 Edited by TheGodofThunder (675 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny that OP said no morals for MoS supes, lol.