• 178 results
#101 Posted by God_Spawn (37569 posts) - - Show Bio

@djangophile: My point exactly.

I think all of it matters a great deal. In the Marvel universe, Thor might indeed be mediocre. In the MK universe, Goro is top tier and rivals Gods. You are supposed to really just accept the idea that MK characters have thousands of years of combat experience and rival some Gods if they took mortal forms. I just can't see Goro losing this. The guy is immensely fast, immensely powerful and better at hand to hand combat than 99.9% of the MK universe.

@god_spawn said:

#102 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what's stopping the homicidal maniac from lopping off Goro's limbs and decapitating him.

#103 Posted by xlab3000 (3185 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#104 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: No disrespect, but you are wasting your time. They have no on-panel feats to suggest that Goro is on par with Wolverine in any category.

#105 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@djangophile: My point exactly.

@audiorift said:

I think all of it matters a great deal. In the Marvel universe, Thor might indeed be mediocre. In the MK universe, Goro is top tier and rivals Gods. You are supposed to really just accept the idea that MK characters have thousands of years of combat experience and rival some Gods if they took mortal forms. I just can't see Goro losing this. The guy is immensely fast, immensely powerful and better at hand to hand combat than 99.9% of the MK universe.

@god_spawn said:

And that information posted below is factual incorrect! I could name several fighters in MK Universe who would flat-out thrash Goro such as Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Jax, Raiden, Nightwolf, Cyrax, and etc. who have on-panel feats that are far superior to Goro's or they have either beaten him canon-wise. Goro has next to no feats outside of fighting no-named ambiguous characters in a tournament held once every generation (once every hundred years).

Here is some helpful information below :)

#106 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Godspawn, i will post you few useful bios, facts about goro tomorrow once im on my pc bud. Cant now due to limited use on my phone. Mk being a game has no panels like comics.

So therefore interpretated differently.

#107 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

Godspawn, i will post you few useful bios, facts about goro tomorrow once im on my pc bud. Cant now due to limited use on my phone. Mk being a game has no panels like comics.

So therefore interpretated differently.

Canon on-panel (observable) feats would be preferable!

#108 Posted by pea55 (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@ pea55, you mean mauled by marvel fanboys....dont care anyone who actually uses logic and follows mk knows goro would win that since hes taken on and defeated more impressive people then bone logan... Like i said i already proved my point pages ago, reread my first post...its pretty simple. So not sure what problem youre having. I even repeated myself a few times now..so in otherwords you will ignire the fact that goro has been the reigning mk champ for 9 straight tournaments defeating earthrealms best for centuries? Smh.

Im also not a kid, im older then you i bet lol@ me being a kid and afraid of you. Now that was funny.Im responding to you via android so i have limited options. Again, im not for goro nor wolverine but its obvious SOME people here dont follow mk if you think logan is physically stro ger then goro...no.

It's funny how everyone's a fan boy of a franchise that said character represents, when they defend said character against a character from your MK universe. So I guess I'm a marvel fanboy now?? U also accused me of being a Capcom fanboy too. Make up your mind!! Which one am I a fanboy of kiddo?? SMDH

U didn't prove nothing.... All u did was make repeated statements. How is Goro gonna beat Logan in a fight till death if there is nothing goro can do to kill Logan?? Its Logan's healing factor that gives him the superiority not his claws. Yes I will ignore the fact that goro has been reigning champ for 1000 years if that fact is not gonna help him in this fight.

U would be the one to make claims and bet on something that you have no knowledge of kid SMDH.... Very unwise move SMDH.... That alone shows your maturity level.... So, let's hear it.... What year were u born in kid??

How can you say that Goro is stronger when feats say otherwise??

Stop lying!! You are for goro!!

You are only putting a space in between @ and my name when makin a response. You're not doing that with anyone else in this thread. And it's not just this thread. You do it all the time, and not just to me but just about any user who puts u in check. I'm starting to think that it's more than just a coincidence.

@god_spawn: I pretty much disagree with your opinions, but do respect them as well as the others here. I do not think Logan has any ability outside of Speed that can outclass or overmatch Goro. He fights against bladed weapons all the time and by meta humans and beings that Gods fear who use blades, yet he still has all of his limbs. He is not a mindless beast, he is very intelligent and hard to trick in combat. He has defeated guys like Kung Lao who use a bladed weapon and can teleport, they all lost. Goro defended his title against the toughest meta humans and Outworld beasts for hundreds of years with apparent ease.

Goro fights against characters with bladed weapons?? Characters like?? Even if goro did fight against characters that used blades (although I can't think of anybody) its still not helping goro. Wolverines blades are not just any blade, but its adamantium, which is practically unbreakable, can just about cut through anything, and is stronger than any weapon/blade possessed by any character in the entire MK universe. Wolverine has cut through chars such as Hulk, who is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy more durable than Goro in any way, shape, or form. If goro fights adamantium Wolverine, than he will be losing limbs if not all.

The Kung Lao that goro defeated did not have a bladed weapon. The Great Kung Lao is who Goro defeated, and he is not the kung lao that wears the bladed hat.

WOLVERINE WINS WITH OR WITHOUT ADAMANTIUM!!

#109 Edited by crest (256 posts) - - Show Bio

well goro has 4 arms, then three arms, then two arms, then one arm then i think the fight is over just cant see goro getting past the indestructible adamantium and healing factor combo

without adamantium goro wins wolvs cant sever limbs and goro can literally tear his off

#110 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nick, the only canon feats are within the games since the comics arent Canon.

@god_spawn:

Go to 2:07 that should help give you an idea as it states 500 straight years Goro was the champ(that's centuries of winning against Earthrealm's best warriors including the great Kung Lao. MK 1 intro.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Goro

In MK:SM intro(while the story changes MK2 events that aren't canon) the intro shows you and gives you an idea of how powerful Goro is pretty much owning Cage, Sonya, Sub-Zero and Kung Lao and/or giving them a very hard time as you'll notice. So even if Wolverine got the jump on him, he better slice his neck in one shot because Goro I'm sure would literally toss Logan through a wall or something. Plus clearly punches through a pillar effortlessly...

Goro even killed his own brother centuries ago....and showed to defeat the original Kung Lao, killed him...a feat Shang Tsung young failed to do.

It explains how Goro reigned to Victor

@ pea55 kid, lol sorry but no now sounds like you're just getting mad because I among others already proved our points concerning Goro. Again, if you READ my initial post you'd see I said standard logan wins here...however goro is no Slouch and can defeat Logan, and is one of mkus best fighters in terms of h2h, the guy was the champ for 500 straight years.... Logan isnt so much known for his "H2H kills much less a top 5 fighter" in mu, being my point. Plus while both are goro is way older and thus has way more experience in fighting, shokans are bred, trained to fight early as someone else already mentioned. And again won 9 mks in a row. So yeah, Wolverine loses badly with bone claw or no claws. Adamantium is the only shot of Logan having a remote chance but still, Goro overpowers Wolverine at the end of the day and as @p0rtal and @audiorift stated is a FAR superior fighter then Wolverine, period. He may heal and EVENTUALLY but will still get his @%s kicked.

I'm not Lying, and am not really for goro or logan here im merely trying to Open your eyes to facts you're clearly unaware of given your posts. But Believe what you wish. "kiddo"

#111 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Goro would win after sustaining severe and potentially fatal damage wolverine would stab him or lop an arm off but would be unable to escape after that. Goro has experience with weapons. In the end Logan will survive and heal but will have lost the fight. Goro will have won the fight, but will probably die afterward from blood loss and a nasty stab to the midsection. Goro would accept this with a smile, get revived by Shang and Kahn and come back in a year or two to fight Logan again with his own magically cursed indestructable weapon.

#112 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Goro would win this after an incredibly bloody battle mainly because of Logan on the fly healing abilities. He actually has more agiliity and far better strength coupled with about a 1,000 years of battling high level martial artist in fights to the death.

Wolvies claws would make this fight a bitch for Goro but he's fought men with weapons before so he'd be fine their as well. Everything I was going to say has already been posted so I'll just say Goro is meant to take on demigods so Wolverine is out of his league a bit here.

COULD he slice off Goro head with indestructible claws? Sure. WOULD he slice off Goro's head in a fight? Not freaking likely imo.

II can see an argument for both but I think Goro has too many advantages to lose this battle.

#113 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

Goro gets stomped! I don't know why people keep referencing Goro tenure as the champion of Mortal Kombat (held once every generation) because the characters he fought were no-named ambiguous fighters who have no feats outside of the Great Kung Lao who defeated Shang Tsung who is a mediocre fighter at best (Kung Lao thrashed both him and Quan Chi at the same time with ease). Throughout the game, Goro has been beaten pretty soundly by the more top-tier fighters like Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, and Liu Kang which goes to show that Goro is a sub-par fighter in the MK Universe. Goro has no physical feats remotely close to Wolverin's level and his best combat showings are against characters who are essentially fodder in comparison to the named characters in the story.

#114 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nick, the only canon feats are within the games since the comics arent Canon.

@god_spawn:

Go to 2:07 that should help give you an idea as it states 500 straight years Goro was the champ(that's centuries of winning against Earthrealm's best warriors including the great Kung Lao. MK 1 intro.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Goro

In MK:SM intro(while the story changes MK2 events that aren't canon) the intro shows you and gives you an idea of how powerful Goro is pretty much owning Cage, Sonya, Sub-Zero and Kung Lao and/or giving them a very hard time as you'll notice. So even if Wolverine got the jump on him, he better slice his neck in one shot because Goro I'm sure would literally toss Logan through a wall or something. Plus clearly punches through a pillar effortlessly...

Goro even killed his own brother centuries ago....and showed to defeat the original Kung Lao, killed him...a feat Shang Tsung young failed to do.

It explains how Goro reigned to Victor

@ pea55 kid, lol sorry but no now sounds like you're just getting mad because I among others already proved our points concerning Goro. Again, if you READ my initial post you'd see I said standard logan wins here...however goro is no Slouch and can defeat Logan, and is one of mkus best fighters in terms of h2h, the guy was the champ for 500 straight years.... Logan isnt so much known for his "H2H kills much less a top 5 fighter" in mu, being my point. Plus while both are goro is way older and thus has way more experience in fighting, shokans are bred, trained to fight early as someone else already mentioned. And again won 9 mks in a row. So yeah, Wolverine loses badly with bone claw or no claws. Adamantium is the only shot of Logan having a remote chance but still, Goro overpowers Wolverine at the end of the day and as @p0rtal and @audiorift stated is a FAR superior fighter then Wolverine, period. He may heal and EVENTUALLY but will still get his @%s kicked.

I'm not Lying, and am not really for goro or logan here im merely trying to Open your eyes to facts you're clearly unaware of given your posts. But Believe what you wish. "kiddo"

MK: Shaolin Monks is non-canon, and so is MK: The Journey Begins which is an animated tie-in to the first movie! Mortal Kombat 1 was retcon'ed in the recent release of Mortal Kombat 2011 which has been confirmed by Ed Boon and the video I posted makes this clearly obvious as well. If you aren't going to post accurate and canon information then why post at all? Now, if someone came in here and started to post non-canon information for Wolverine as evidence, you would cry fowl and quickly dismiss that information as being flawed; but when it comes to characters you like then you employ a double standard and try to pass off non-canon information as fact.

The game's director Ed Boon described it as an altered re-telling of the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II and Mortal Kombat 3):

"Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, Raiden sends a mental message to his earlier self by saying that he must win, and the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from Mortal Kombat 1 then gets the message and experiences a premonition. The game then spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, who has changed the course of events. Eventually, everything the player has seen happen before — Liu Kang winning, Lin Kuei turning into cybernetic ninjas, has been altered. You might see a cybernetic character who wasn't before, and a different version of events."[15]
#115 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: i know theyre not canon but this isnt a stomp by any means for wolverine, and mksm showing goros power is canon... And i cqnt see how you can ignore goro being the reigning champ for 500 years straight, logqn has never showed anywhere near that fighting ability...

Lastly weve been through thiw.before, mk 9 is merely time travel with some changes the original play of events hasnt changed from lk winning mk 1 and 2 to mk4s events concerning quan chi and shinnok as that originally happened...

#116 Edited by Djangophile (275 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Logan's fighting experience and skill even registers on the MK fighters skill tier. That is just my opinion. Not a scratch on Goro over a period of 500 years of death fighting against Outworld and Earthrealms best, beasts, people who shoot fire balls and lazers out of their eyes, shoot missiles and bullets, spit acid and toss magically endowed razor hats at him? I see this battle going a lot like the Hulk vs Wolverine fights. Hulk gets stabbed a few times and ultimately knocks Logan out and wins. In this case, I personally feel Goro will probably sustain mortal wounds but ultimately come out with a victory. He might die afterwards, but it would still be a win.

#117 Posted by KenLeo101 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine, adamantium skull he stabs him the death

#118 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: i know theyre not canon but this isnt a stomp by any means for wolverine, and mksm showing goros power is canon... And i cqnt see how you can ignore goro being the reigning champ for 500 years straight, logqn has never showed anywhere near that fighting ability...

Lastly weve been through thiw.before, mk 9 is merely time travel with some changes the original play of events hasnt changed from lk winning mk 1 and 2 to mk4s events concerning quan chi and shinnok as that originally happened...

1) Do you know how honest dishonest it is to post information that you know is non-canon? And, you wonder why users on here don't take you serious?

2) I have already addressed the claims about Goro's tenure as champion of Mortal Kombat! "I don't know why people keep referencing Goro tenure as the champion of Mortal Kombat (held once every generation) because the characters he fought were no-named ambiguous fighters who have no feats outside of the Great Kung Lao who defeated Shang Tsung who is a mediocre fighter at best (Kung Lao thrashed both him and Quan Chi at the same time with ease). Throughout the game, Goro has been beaten pretty soundly by the more top-tier fighters like Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, and Liu Kang which goes to show that Goro is a sub-par fighter in the MK Universe. Goro has no physical feats remotely close to Wolverin's level and his best combat showings are against characters who are essentially fodder in comparison to the named characters in the story."

3) Ed Boon confirmed for a fact that Mortal Kombat (2011) retcon'ed Mortal Kombat 1-3 continuity-wise. It is you who keeps playing these semantics games between the words retcon and reboot.

Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short,[1] is the alteration of previously established facts in the continuity of a fictional work.[2]

There are various motivations for retconning. The changes may occur to accommodate sequels or derivative works, allowing newer authors or creators to revise the diegetic (in-story) history to include a course of events that would not have been possible in the story's original continuity. Retcons allow for authors to reintroduce popular characters and resolve errors in chronology.

The game's director Ed Boon described it as an altered re-telling of the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II and Mortal Kombat 3):

"Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, Raiden sends a mental message to his earlier self by saying that he must win, and the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from Mortal Kombat 1 then gets the message and experiences a premonition. The game then spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, who has changed the course of events. Eventually, everything the player has seen happen before — Liu Kang winning, Lin Kuei turning into cybernetic ninjas, has been altered. You might see a cybernetic character who wasn't before, and a different version of events."[15]

#119 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, logical users take me seriously. Its you who they dont, just assuming logan stomps someone if goros caliber is just laughable.

Secondly, Ed boon never confirmed anything was retconned in mk, thats false. What boon said was its a 'retelling' of mk, mk2 and mk3 events. With SOME CHANGES. Notice the main storyline premise remained the same again leading up to mk 4s events which havent changed, rather a different route taken there. Retelling doesnt=retconned

Retconned means the full out past didnt exist, it never did....that is not what mk nine is. A retelling of the same story with few.changes along the way is entirely different then a full out retcon....you still seem to confuse the concept. Boon never ever said The previous events 'are rectconed and dont exist anymore' so please stop saying such.

#120 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Mileena getting slashed by Baraka, minor wound

Cage Surviving an acid bath on his head from Reptile, Shang blasting 5ft thick solid rock pillars to pieces, Scorpion spears Kang in the chest with sharp Kunai and does not receive anything but a scratch at best, Goro withstanding Johny Cages Kick that probably should shatter solid brick walls with ease and not even budging in the slightest.

Test your might. All MK Fighters are capable of hand chopping anvils, DIAMOND and Ruby blocks in half. Goro, Kintaro and Kahn are physically much stronger than everyone else. CHOPPING DIAMOND BLOCKS...

I am not sure if this is a real scan or not as I do not own the comics anymore, but there is this...car destroyed by one strike from Goro.

One hit from Goro is an instant KO to Logan. One Slash from Logan equals a lost limb. This is a great fight that Goro will win in the end...but after potential serious injury or lost limbs are taken.

#121 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

First off, logical users take me seriously. Its you who they dont, just assuming logan stomps someone if goros caliber is just laughable.

Secondly, Ed boon never confirmed anything was retconned in mk, thats false. What boon said was its a 'retelling' of mk, mk2 and mk3 events. With SOME CHANGES. Notice the main storyline premise remained the same again leading up to mk 4s events which havent changed, rather a different route taken there. Retelling doesnt=retconned

Retconned means the full out past didnt exist, it never did....that is not what mk nine is. A retelling of the same story with few.changes along the way is entirely different then a full out retcon....you still seem to confuse the concept. Boon never ever said The previous events 'are rectconed and dont exist anymore' so please stop saying such.

Why must you continuously lie and play semantic games? Ed Boon said that the storyline was heavily altered which means that he implying that the continuity was retconed i.e. re-telling a story is a method of retconing a story. What you are trying to describe is a reboot!

A “retcon” stands for retroactive continuity. It is, essentially, the writer of a title saying, “That thing that happened five years ago to this character officially never happened,” or “instead of that, this happened.” A famous example of retconning happened to the Justice League of America. In the Justice League’s origin as portrayed in Justice League of America #9,Superman and especially Wonder Woman played pivotal roles in the adventure. But in the early 80s both Superman and Wonder Woman were rebooted (explained below), so they did not join the JLA until later in their careers. In the revised origin (Secret Origins #32), Wonder Woman was replaced by Black Canary, and Superman had a reduced role.

A reboot is when a character’s entire backstory is completely negated and started over from the beginning. The most famous reboot in super-hero comics is of the Superman franchise in 1986. By the early 80s, Superman had developed in a certain way and the editors at DC Comics felt that he was too powerful, too alien, and too difficult to relate to. They asked John Byrne to retell Superman’s origin with a new spin. In this new story, Superman was rocketed to Earth as a newborn, not a toddler; He developed his powers late in his teens, so there was no period where he was Superboy; his Earth foster parents, Jonathon and Martha Kent were still alive, and Superman considered himself Clark Kent of Kansas, not Kal-El from the House of El. Ironically, most of these changes have since been retconned back into continuity.

http://www.examiner.com/article/comics-101-what-s-the-difference-between-a-retcon-a-reboot-and-a-relaunch

#122 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

There is no lying, you simply don't know what you're talking about. I know people who met the MK team personally, I've played and chatted with them personally via online. MK9 is NOT RETCONNED! It's a retelling of the same story via time travel with known events of what's to happen in the future, period. Therefore, Raiden knows more info then before and changes SOME things notice the same story premise does NOT change. But then I can't expect you to know this being as how you clearly never followed MK.

There is no semantics, it's only fact. And why are you going on about JL? DC flat out REBOOTED/Retconned their stories, MK9 did NOT that's what you fail to see....DC did not use time travel, they flat out restarted/rebooted their universe. Massive difference...

Notice your link says nothing about retelling because retelling is merely just that, retelling via someone else's perspective or via time travel with known knowledge of the future thus with someone usually attempting to change something from happening, in this case Raiden preventing armageddon in the future....

@p0rtal said:

Cage Surviving an acid bath on his head from Reptile, Shang blasting 5ft thick solid rock pillars to pieces, Scorpion spears Kang in the chest with sharp Kunai and does not receive anything but a scratch at best, Goro withstanding Johny Cages Kick that probably should shatter solid brick walls with ease and not even budging in the slightest.

Test your might. All MK Fighters are capable of hand chopping anvils, DIAMOND and Ruby blocks in half. Goro, Kintaro and Kahn are physically much stronger than everyone else. CHOPPING DIAMOND BLOCKS...

I am not sure if this is a real scan or not as I do not own the comics anymore, but there is this...car destroyed by one strike from Goro.

One hit from Goro is an instant KO to Logan. One Slash from Logan equals a lost limb. This is a great fight that Goro will win in the end...but after potential serious injury or lost limbs are taken.

Exactly! But good luck trying to get it through certain people that MK has meta-humans.....they think MK characters are "normal people" lol

#123 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

There is no lying, you simply don't know what you're talking about. I know people who met the MK team personally, I've played and chatted with them personally via online. MK9 is NOT RETCONNED! It's a retelling of the same story via time travel with known events of what's to happen in the future, period. Therefore, Raiden knows more info then before and changes SOME things notice the same story premise does NOT change. But then I can't expect you to know this being as how you clearly never followed MK.

There is no semantics, it's only fact. And why are you going on about JL? DC flat out REBOOTED/Retconned their stories, MK9 did NOT that's what you fail to see....DC did not use time travel, they flat out restarted/rebooted their universe. Massive difference...

Notice your link says nothing about retelling because retelling is merely just that, retelling via someone else's perspective or via time travel with known knowledge of the future thus with someone usually attempting to change something from happening, in this case Raiden preventing armageddon in the future....

@p0rtal said:

Exactly! But good luck trying to get it through certain people that MK has meta-humans.....they think MK characters are "normal people" lol

Are you dense or something?

Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short,[1] is the alteration of previously established facts in the continuity of a fictional work.[2]

There are various motivations for retconning. The changes may occur to accommodate sequels or derivative works, allowing newer authors or creators to revise the diegetic (in-story) history to include a course of events that would not have been possible in the story's original continuity. Retcons allow for authors to reintroduce popular characters and resolve errors in chronology.

#124 Edited by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

No one in Mortal Kombat has better h2h than Wolverine. Especially a brute like Goro.

#125 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

The story was retconned, the characters are identical. Are you so dense to think that a new timeline from the original suddenly granted or retracted characters backstory prior to the tournament, their physical strength, their speed, their experience? All of the events prior to MK1 are IDENTICAL to the way it originally was. The only reconstitution takes place from the first fight of Mk1 through to the end of Armageddon.

#126 Posted by Djangophile (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? Nothing was changed prior to the first fight in the first Tournament that Kang competed in. Goro existed hundreds of years prior to this. You really should not insult other humans when you have no idea what you are talking about.

#127 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@p0rtal said:

The story was retconned, the characters are identical. Are you so dense to think that a new timeline from the original suddenly granted or retracted characters backstory prior to the tournament, their physical strength, their speed, their experience? All of the events prior to MK1 are IDENTICAL to the way it originally was. The only reconstitution takes place from the first fight of Mk1 through to the end of Armageddon.

You have no clue what you are talking about!

1) I never said that Goro's abilities or physical stats were changed during the retcon, even though some characters were revamped in the new game. What I'm implying is that you can't appeal to evidence that was in the retcon timeline since it's no longer canon to mainstream continuity. I have no clue what you are rambling about or why you are taking what I said out of it's context since I never included Pre-Mortal Kombat 1 in the retcon.

2) Goro hasn't beaten anyone note-worthy in his Pre-Mortal Kombat 1 history outside of beating the Great Kung Lao whose only feat is defeating Shang Tsung, who is virtually featless and a punching bag from sub-par fighters like Smoke and Kitana.

Seriously? Nothing was changed prior to the first fight in the first Tournament that Kang competed in. Goro existed hundreds of years prior to this. You really should not insult other humans when you have no idea what you are talking about.

@nick_hero22 said:

Who said that something was changed prior to the first Tournament? You shouldn't make assumptions when you don't know what your talking about; I don't like having words put in my mouth.

#128 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ logan being a better H2H fighter then everyone in MKU...uh no. Scorpion, KL, Sub, LK, Ermac, Raiden, Shao Kahn, Goro the list is very long of characters who would murder Wolverine in H2H seriously... That comment was funny though, I'll give that poster that much.

@ Nick hero, no are you? Again, the MK saga was NOT retconned or REBOOTED! It was reTOLD, do you not know what retelling of a story means? Seriously, the fact that you're insulting me asking me if "I'm dense" only further proves my point and that you're not willing to accept the facts for what they are.

Nothing changes within the actual canon MK storyline concerning the core characters, the main objective...the characters themselves, the personalities themselves or their main goals....

Your previous example concerning DCU and the JL, clearly their personalities changed slightly and originally met differently. I have the new 52 comics, I already posted a video for you proving such before when you doubted me, must I do it again? Superman for example never had "multiple FOS" he had one and only one originally. GL was never a "jokester" like he is in the new 52 at times, Flash/Barry is even more softer and not quite as serious as he was. Superman is far edgier then he was pre new 52 do I need to go on?

Now, you take MK characters NOTHING has changed with them, nothing...their personalities remained the same. The only thing that changed is Raiden having full knowledge of the future thanks to his future self sending his past self messages via time travel/through time. And with that knowledge Raiden trying to change some things but ultimately wanting much of the same such as Earthrealm winning Mortal Kombat, LK winning MK again as he did originally....the only differences were certain outcomes or certain people dying earlier then the original story yet other elements remained completely the same such as MK 4's arch setting itself up just like it did in the original timeline.

@djangophile said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Thank you!

#129 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ logan being a better H2H fighter then everyone in MKU...uh no. Scorpion, Sub, LK, Ermac, Raiden, Shao Kahn, Goro the list is very long of characters who would murder Wolverine in H2H seriously...

@ Nick hero, no are you? Again, the MK saga was NOT retconned or REBOOTED! It was reTOLD, do you not know what retelling of a story means? Seriously, the fact that you're insulting me asking me if "I'm dense" only further proves my point and that you're not willing to accept the facts for what they are.

Nothing changes within the actual canon MK storyline concerning the core characters, the main objective...the characters themselves, the personalities themselves or their main goals....

Your previous example concerning DCU and the JL, clearly their personalities changed slightly and originally met differently. I have the new 52 comics, I already posted a video for you proving such before when you doubted me, must I do it again? Superman for example never had "multiple FOS" he had one and only one originally. GL was never a "jokester" like he is in the new 52 at times, Flash/Barry is even more softer and not quite as serious as he was. Superman is far edgier then he was pre new 52 do I need to go on?

Now, you take MK characters NOTHING has changed with them, nothing...their personalities remained the same. The only thing that changed is Raiden having full knowledge of the future thanks to his future self sending his past self messages via time travel/through time. And with that knowledge Raiden trying to change some things but ultimately wanting much of the same such as Earthrealm winning Mortal Kombat, LK winning MK again as he did originally....the only differences were certain outcomes or certain people dying earlier then the original story yet other elements remained completely the same such as MK 4's arch setting itself up just like it did in the original timeline.

@djangophile said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Thank you!

1) You keep playing these semantic games that don't work on me because like I said before what Ed Boon described is a retcon (altering an established timeline).

2) In the video you posted there was not one single New 52 comic in that pile of some 30 odd comics and based off the ignorant statements that you continuously make on this forum you aren't an avid reader. I would love to see the video of all the New 52 comics you possess if you have any at all.

3) I don't know why you keep downplaying the extent to which the storyline was edited, it is clearly obvious based on my video that the plot is heavily altered (retcon). And, like I said before, you wonder why no one on this forum takes you seriously and how users such as god_spawn and super_soldierxii have stopped responding to you and your non-sense.

#130 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

That vid was at the time, since then ive ownef or bought many more, wheres your collection?

Cause when i compared i surpassed you by quite a bit, no probably more so id wager. Currently, new 52 im reading all jl, trinity war, superman/batman, earth 2, superman unchained, earth 1 batman and superman and a few others. You?

Uh why are you mentioning god spawn, hes taken me quite seriously actually when i talk to him. He hasnt addressed your post because its all biased and trying to sway him. Soldier i bet is you or pea but even if.not i dont really care, the fact that i have far.more followers then you do kind of proves more people take me seriously. Like the other guy pointed out, you calling others dense screams desperate or a clear sign of you getting desperate.

Secondly, there is no semantics...just plain facts and the facts say boon never.said much less confirmed 'the mk saga being 100% retconned.

#131 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

That vid was at the time, since then ive ownef or bought many more, wheres your collection?

Cause when i compared i surpassed you by quite a bit, no probably more so id wager. Currently, new 52 im reading all jl, trinity war, superman/batman, earth 2, superman unchained, earth 1 batman and superman and a few others. You?

Uh why are you mentioning god spawn, hes taken me quite seriously actually when i talk to him. He hasnt addressed your post because its all biased and trying to sway him. Soldier i bet is you or pea but even if.not i dont really care, the fact that i have far.more followers then you do kind of proves more people take me seriously. Like the other guy pointed out, you calling others dense screams desperate or a clear sign of you getting desperate.

Secondly, there is no semantics...just plain facts and the facts say boon never.said much less confirmed 'the mk saga being 100% retconned.

You don't surpass me and I have already posted scans showing how big my collection is. You even admitted to having around some 30 odd comics and not one of those comics were from the NEW 52! Since when did having follows from alternate accounts and newbies constitute to have credibility on the Battle forum?

#132 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes i do, and btw i read the 52 archs i just didnt own them yet. But again as far as actual comics owned, anyone cam dl a comic for a dollar. Means little, i actually make the effort to go to my shop and buy them!

And yes i surpass you, i own two analogies nearly as thick as the bible one on spectre, one on wolverine among many, many others i didnt even mention....as well as the entire dos arch in thick pb,my total is well over 60+ now. At the time i had over 40, now thats twice as big if not bigger.

Btw lol you have 36 comics there i have at least twice that amount...and theyre not even digital. Thats kind of sad...yet im the one whos not a avid comic reader?? Haa!

And youre right, same people posing under various names is lame and proves nothing. Why do you tbink ive remained on this name...

#133 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes i do, and btw i read the 52 archs i just didnt own them yet. But again as far as actual comics owned, anyone cam dl a comic for a dollar. Means little, i actually make the effort to go to my shop and buy them!

And yes i surpass you, i own two analogies nearly as thick as the bible one on spectre, one on wolverine among many, many others i didnt even mention....as well as the entire dos arch in thick pb,my total is well over 60+ now. At the time i had over 40, now thats twice as bug if not bigger.

Based off what you said you don't own any NEW 52 comics! So, please stop pretending that you are an avid readers because in the video you showed there wasn't a single NEW 52 comic present. Who are you trying to kid MKF30? You know as well as I do that you aren't an avid comic book readers, you claimed that you have an entire Wolverine analogy, but how did you miss the part about him being extensively trained in martial arts and his feats against skilled fighters like Iron Fist and Captain America? What is the name of this "analogy" anyway?

#134 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

l, ytsung Aou know aside from you being beyond wrong about me because im an avid 'gamer' apparently i cant be a comic book reader right?

Ok, tell ya what outside of your digital Dls. Id love to see your comics that you actually own.

As in the paperback itself, bet you i have way more then you. Btw, an anthology or collection is a series of various strips put together in one giant book...instead of buying the 6 to 10 issues separately.

Are you really going to make me post my new 52s too? Do you want to look silly? Since of course 'i must be lying' right?

Btw, has wolverine been the mk h2h champ for centuries in his universe? No...cap america isnt that impressive and iron fists equivalent would be liu kang who beat goro,Shang tsung and shao kahn...

#136 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not high nor stupid, are you trying to get flagged?

Try reading more carefully, ok. I said anyone can dl a comic for a buck, how many do you actually own as in a comic you can hold in your hand, if not many then dont dare mention whos a real comic reader and who isnt. My point is, dont assume nonsense about me just because i among many others here brought up solid points concerning goro.

No, no last time you admitted you were wrong about your assumptions about me 'not owning any comics' then when i proved you wrong you tried making an excuse. Keep in mind like i stated that wassnt even all of my comics just to prove a point.

Ok, i will take pics of my new 52s and i will post them tomorrow once i transfer to my pc since im on my phone right now which doesnt offer the option and then you will see it surpasses your 36 comics...

#137 Posted by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not high nor stupid, are you trying to get flagged?

Try reading more carefully, ok. I said anyone can dl a comic for a buck, how many do you actually own as in a comic you can hold in your hand, if not many then dont dare mention whos a real comic reader and who isnt. My point is, dont assume nonsense about me just because i among many others here brought up solid points concerning goro.

No, no last time you admitted you were wrong about your assumptions about me 'not owning any comics' then when i proved you wrong you tried making an excuse. Keep in mind like i stated that wassnt even all of my comics just to prove a point.

Ok, i will take pics of my new 52s and i will post them tomorrow once i transfer to my pc since im on my phone right now which doesnt offer the option and then you will see it surpasses your 36 comics...

1) You have to be either one of those things if you don't think that I legally own those comics.

2) I don't want physical copies of my comics for a variety of different reasons, and why is that question even irrelevant?

3) You claimed that you had some 30 odd comic books from a variety of different franchises which means that you aren't really an avid reader.

4) I will be waiting for these said comic books you own.

#138 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know what youre reading, but either you totally misinterpreted what i said or you just have poor reading comprehension.

Because i never said 'you actually had any comics' i had asked you to post the ones you HAVE that are not digital, as in you know paper book?! Lol I really dont know how else to say it. Im pretty certain i am speaking English.

Ok, so in otherwords you have zero actual comic books physically...

Uhh, not really thats your opinion. Just because im a more versatile and diverse reader doesnt mean im not an avid comic book reader, im just like most people selective. I dont see how thats relevant.

I sure will tomorrow.

#139 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

@pea55 said:

@dwrathborne said:

Goro became MK Champ by defeating the original Kung Lao, who's fighting skill was legendary, and remained champion for nearly 100 years. He's no slouch. Contrary to popular belief, he's not slow, nor stupid. True, he lost to Liu Kang, but Liu Kang is the MK universe's version of Marvel's Shang Chi, who IMO, is without question Wolverine's superior in fighting ability.

I think Wolverine already outshined Shang Chi.... read my top post on @ the top of this tread.... Just sayin.....

Haven't read the issue, so I can't really comment. But really, Wolverine wins in a Wolverine book. How utterly shocking.

Just sayin'. ;)

Actually, quite the opposite.

Shang schooled Wolverine in a sparring match only, but this happened in a "Wolverine" book. So, your assumptions are inaccurate. Whereas Wolverine beat Shang in an X-Men book (quite handily).

In any case, Wolverine had solicited Shang's help in an Origins story. He asked for Shang's training, to re-polish skills he had let degenerate over the years and help him tame his inner 'beast'. The Origins book ended with;

Wolverine has plenty of skill feats against the best martial masters in Marvel.
#140 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: lol surface knowledge lectures, oh the irony...

I Can easily say the same thing concerning your views on goro...

What views on Goro pray tell? Quote what I've posted about Goro that bespeaks "surface knowledge" please. What's this? You can't because I have yet to talk about Goro? T'was what I thought. Talking out your arse because my post hit too close to home (leaving your tush a little sore) does little to aid. Your knowledge on Wolverine is non-existent. I say this based on what you've actually said concerning the character. That's fact I'm afraid. Your little tit for tat comment above is a false knee jerk response, pure nonsense, based on "hurt feelings" and nothing else.

And besides, there's really not a whole heck of a lot to say that has not been said already with regards Goro - nothing that will change the overall result. He still loses a majority against Wolverine. Goro is an enhanced Shokan warrior who got his overconfident arse kicked by Liu Kang. A four armed brute who represents absolutely nothing Wolverine has not faced or crushed before. Goro's strength feats are no more impressive than, say, Sabretooth's ... smashing a car being among the most impressive I've seen thus far. And yet folks are actually comparing him to the Hulk? Ridiculous. At best, insofar as stats are concerned, he's a slower version of Spider-Man (strength-wise) minus the spider-sense (read: avoidance capabilities).

Fact is, compared to the copious amounts of material we have on Wolverine, there really isn't a whole lot to go on with regards Goro here if you're honest. He doesn't have a whole heck of a lot of showings upon which we can build a case for him. And those showings he does have do little to impress his prowess against Logan.

I never said logan cant fight, but again that doesnt translate into him being known for his fighting skill. Hes a survivor due to his healing factor which he hardly ages so of course hes going to have picked up a few tricks over time.

Here's what you said;

until he fought liu kang....wolverine is NOT KNOWN for his fighting skill...

Which amounts to the same thing ... and which is complete horseshite besides. Again, he is not known to those who do not follow the character, like yourself, for his fighting skills perhaps. While he evidences inconsistency (over 5000 comic book showings will do that) and does indeed showcase his healing factor a little too often (which has been established by Master Po as a purposeful technique used to expedite the butt whoopin) there are plenty, plenty showings highlighting his top tier skills. Marvel has him as the highest rank (7) in their power grids so martial skill is a staple part of his bio. His fighting ability was solidly established during the Claremont / Miller series back in 1984.

So yeah, this comment tells me you know nothing about the character at all whatsoever and talk with an authority you simply don't possess a right to.

Feel free to agree or disagree at your disclosure. Frankly, I dont care if you agree or not at this point clearly your mind is set already.

Clearly I disagree ... and clearly I could not care less if you "care". However, unlike you, my mind is made up because I actually know a few things about both characters in question. Whereas your knowledge on Wolverine has been derived solely on what folks herein have been feeding you - most of which you've been belligerently selective in what you choose to adhere to. In other words, you're arguing against a character you know absolutely nothing about. Which is silly.

I Even stated if logan has his full abilities and claws theres no reason why he shouldnt win but that still doesnt alter the fact that goro has more experience fighting and you cant dismantle that fact assuming you have any remote knowledge concerning mk.

And this is one of the sentences I do agree with you on, but this only partially. Experience is highly overrated. Thor, Hercules, Ares ... all have infinitely more experience than Steve Rogers (for example), but none evidence anywhere near the martial ability that Captain America does. Experience is overshadowed by performance and feats - outside of this, experience is tantamount to hyperbole.

The rest of your post is irrelevant, pointless, false banter or flat off going off topic which youre not only wrong since chances are im well above your years so good job making false, ridiculous assumptions. It also does nothing to aid your argument. *yawn* read an mk strip or play an mk game please, you sound like a typical marvel fanboy.

No, not off topic. It was issued by way of preemptive apology if I were strong arming a kid in an online thread. I needed to be sure. Judging by your posts and behavior up till then, I had justifiably assumed you were in your teens. Now that you've confirmed you're not, I've less compunction about taking a shot at comments I find absolutely asinine. Such as so easily and readily tossing out the word "fanboy". If I'm a Marvel "fanboy" because I opt for Wolverine in a majority win (a justifiable majority win by your own admission) and take exception to your lazy, ill thought out comments, then what can we say about you and your beloved MK verse? Trying to hurt my feelings by calling me a "fanboy" was very premature, immature, and grasping.

#141 Edited by God_Spawn (37569 posts) - - Show Bio

@dwrathborne said:

@pea55 said:

@dwrathborne said:

Goro became MK Champ by defeating the original Kung Lao, who's fighting skill was legendary, and remained champion for nearly 100 years. He's no slouch. Contrary to popular belief, he's not slow, nor stupid. True, he lost to Liu Kang, but Liu Kang is the MK universe's version of Marvel's Shang Chi, who IMO, is without question Wolverine's superior in fighting ability.

I think Wolverine already outshined Shang Chi.... read my top post on @ the top of this tread.... Just sayin.....

Haven't read the issue, so I can't really comment. But really, Wolverine wins in a Wolverine book. How utterly shocking.

Just sayin'. ;)

Actually, quite the opposite.

Shang schooled Wolverine in a sparring match only, but this happened in a "Wolverine" book. So, your assumptions are inaccurate. Whereas Wolverine beat Shang in an X-Men book (quite handily).

In any case, Wolverine had solicited Shang's help in an Origins story. He asked for Shang's training, to re-polish skills he had let degenerate over the years and help him tame his inner 'beast'. The Origins book ended with;

Wolverine has plenty of skill feats against the best martial masters in Marvel.

And continuity wise the next time they met after that, Logan had him on the floor in 2 pages no claws :P.

#142 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize it was posted over 3 months ago, but I cannot help but lol at the poster above who stated Goro wins by grappling with a mutant who has six twelve inch blades protruding from his hands. And then stating Goro would tear Wolverine apart ... when his entire infrastructure is unbreakable. Hulk has tried and failed ... how will Goro succeed? Goro gets close enough to grapple, he gets skewered and goes down hard. Like wrestling a dude with blades for hands. Try it, see how well that works out for ya.

Are you still trying to hold up that Wolverines ligaments are unbreakable? Didn't me and you go around this issue once before...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/scorpion-mk-vs-wolverine-1450762/?page=2

#143 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

I realize it was posted over 3 months ago, but I cannot help but lol at the poster above who stated Goro wins by grappling with a mutant who has six twelve inch blades protruding from his hands. And then stating Goro would tear Wolverine apart ... when his entire infrastructure is unbreakable. Hulk has tried and failed ... how will Goro succeed? Goro gets close enough to grapple, he gets skewered and goes down hard. Like wrestling a dude with blades for hands. Try it, see how well that works out for ya.

Are you still trying to hold up that Wolverines ligaments are unbreakable? Didn't me and you go around this issue once before...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/scorpion-mk-vs-wolverine-1450762/?page=2

Yes. And despite our roller coaster ride through "real life" physiology and back and forth over the semantic merits of what was said in the "beta" adamantium scan, it remains that 616 Wolverine cannot be torn apart, because those far stronger than Goro have tried, and failed (Hulk and Bhaal). That simple really.

If we want to stick with real life ideology, it also remains equally impossible for bones to be bonded with adamantium as it does ligament and other connective tissue in the human body. And yet, Wolverine's entire infrastructure is bonded with the metal on a molecular level all the same. Welcome to comics.

Latest reference of such is seen in book 9 from Age of Ultron ... Wolverine's entire leg is reduced to a skeleton and remains completely intact. Were the connective tissues not bonded with beta adamantium, it would not have been the case. Doesn't matter what you choose to believe or not. Showings support that he does not get torn asunder.

#144 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

Yes. And despite our roller coaster ride through "real life" physiology and back and forth over the semantic merits of what was said in the "beta" adamantium scan, it remains that 616 Wolverine cannot be torn apart, because those far stronger than Goro have tried, and failed (Hulk and Bhaal). That simple really.

If we want to stick with real life ideology, it also remains equally impossible for bones to be bonded with adamantium as it does ligament and other connective tissue in the human body. And yet, Wolverine's entire infrastructure is bonded with the metal on a molecular level all the same. Welcome to comics.

Latest reference of such is seen in book 9 from Age of Ultron ... Wolverine's entire leg is reduced to a skeleton and remains completely intact. Were the connective tissues not bonded with beta adamantium, it would not have been the case. Doesn't matter what you choose to believe or not. Showings support that he does not get torn asunder.

Correction, Wolverine has not been torn apart, not cannot.

Also, it seems that the "latest reference" you are refering to can fall right in line with the Nitro scan that was posted and discussed months ago in the link I provided. What new info is brought up in that latest scan?

#145 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22, since you asked here's my New 52 collection thus far....total of 37 which is one more then your New 52 collection, 39 if you count Earth One Superman and Batman. Keep in mind that's not even my entire collection, I left out anthologies, other series from image, Marvel, JL Classified from long before New 52 etc. Anymore questions?

@onilordasmodeus said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Exactly, beat me to it...for one Bone Logan was shown to be indeed BREAKABLE. The only reason he's durable as hell is due to his ability to heal constantly and have adamantium injected within his entire body. That doesn't mean he can't be defeated. This is something some people don't seem to get, they think he'll just slice Goro and that's it...because Goro will totally just stand there and hasn't shown to have greater power then Wolverine...not at all lol.

To add to that @ super soldier, there is no "horse S#%&" only facts concerning Goro and Logan(no need to get upset and hope you're not). That's just my point, it seems you're quick to dismiss Goro's feats, again perhaps you skipped over the oh I don't know 500 years STRAIGHT of owning the MK title defeating Earthrealm's best warriors over centuries? If I may, when has Logan did remotely that in MU which he surely has not. All he did was go to Japan, train a little which made him a better fighter, meditate etc. Big deal, like I said the only reason he's resistant half the time is because of his healing ability. The Shokan's/Goro are born to fight practically, born warriors if you will. They have their own honor just different being not human(half human/half dragon) race.

Let's take another look here for a second concerning a general scenario if I may.....let's take away Logan's healing ability and Goro's magic(therefore both having a disadvantage). So therefore it's a fight of pure H2H Mortal Kombat. You really believe "Wolverine will whip the hell out of Goro" in that fight? I just don't see that.Liu Kang beat him yes, but he also beat Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn and it took 500 years for a human victor to overcome Goro lol. LK is a top tier meta-human with GREAT Martial Art skill, trained since he was born practically, easily one of the best martial artists in fiction generally speaking considering who he's defeated and easily top 3 in the MKU period. Wolverine is not considered top 3 in MU, not even close. I'm not saying he "can't fight" I just don't feel he's a known character for his "martial arts" ability. All I'm saying.

Ok that's fine, I just wanted to address your assumptions thinking I was a "kid" when clearly I'm not for one, I've been around since before the original MK so definitely not a kid lol..it's also one reason why I'm familiar about it besides @onilordasmodeus and a few others clearly majority on here don't know much about gaming characters from what I can tell much less MK series, it's so obvious(not saying you per-se but just a general observation). But hey I can't fault them too much given that it's a comic site. Also if you read my initial post as I've told nick, I NEVER said Wolverine or Goro wins. I said it depends on the scenario and rules honestly.

Wolverine obviously is durable and touch, that being said Goro is one strong guy and not to be taken lightly either. The experience factor I can see being overrated at times, I just feel centuries is a while to learn from. All I'm saying.

That being said, I can respectfully agree to disagree with you if you wish. I don't see this fight as a "stomp" in either direction like some folks here think.

#146 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

Correction, Wolverine has not been torn apart, not cannot.

Also, it seems that the "latest reference" you are refering to can fall right in line with the Nitro scan that was posted and discussed months ago in the link I provided. What new info is brought up in that latest scan?

Right. Like Superman has not been knocked out by Nightwing, not cannot because, heck, if it hasn't happened then who knows right? But wait, seeing as how Superman has soaked blows from the likes of Wonder Woman, stands to reason Nightwing cannot KO Superman. Just as seeing as how the Hulk has tried to rip Wolverine apart but could not, stands far more to reason than your groundless supposition.

I don't know why you're talking and flashing around that link like it shows Wolverine can be torn apart, and I should not be stating otherwise, when it goes far farther to maintain that he cannot. Your "discussion" refuted nothing, nothing at all.

#147 Edited by nick_hero22 (6805 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22, since you asked here's my New 52 collection thus far....total of 37 which is one more then your New 52 collection, 39 if you count Earth One Superman and Batman. Keep in mind that's not even my entire collection, I left out anthologies, other series from image, Marvel, JL Classified from long before New 52 etc. Anymore questions?

@onilordasmodeus said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Exactly, beat me to it...for one Bone Logan was shown to be indeed BREAKABLE. The only reason he's durable as hell is due to his ability to heal constantly and have adamantium injected within his entire body. That doesn't mean he can't be defeated. This is something some people don't seem to get, they think he'll just slice Goro and that's it...because Goro will totally just stand there and hasn't shown to have greater power then Wolverine...not at all lol.

To add to that @ super soldier, there is no "horse S#%&" only facts concerning Goro and Logan(no need to get upset and hope you're not). That's just my point, it seems you're quick to dismiss Goro's feats, again perhaps you skipped over the oh I don't know 500 years STRAIGHT of owning the MK title defeating Earthrealm's best warriors over centuries? If I may, when has Logan did remotely that in MU which he surely has not. All he did was go to Japan, train a little which made him a better fighter, meditate etc. Big deal, like I said the only reason he's resistant half the time is because of his healing ability. The Shokan's/Goro are born to fight practically, born warriors if you will. They have their own honor just different being not human(half human/half dragon) race.

Let's take another look here for a second concerning a general scenario if I may.....let's take away Logan's healing ability and Goro's magic(therefore both having a disadvantage). So therefore it's a fight of pure H2H Mortal Kombat. You really believe "Wolverine will whip the hell out of Goro" in that fight? I just don't see that.Liu Kang beat him yes, but he also beat Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn and it took 500 years for a human victor to overcome Goro lol. LK is a top tier meta-human with GREAT Martial Art skill, trained since he was born practically, easily one of the best martial artists in fiction generally speaking considering who he's defeated and easily top 3 in the MKU period. Wolverine is not considered top 3 in MU, not even close. I'm not saying he "can't fight" I just don't feel he's a known character for his "martial arts" ability. All I'm saying.

Ok that's fine, I just wanted to address your assumptions thinking I was a "kid" when clearly I'm not for one, I've been around since before the original MK so definitely not a kid lol..it's also one reason why I'm familiar about it besides @onilordasmodeus and a few others clearly majority on here don't know much about gaming characters from what I can tell much less MK series, it's so obvious(not saying you per-se but just a general observation). But hey I can't fault them too much given that it's a comic site. Also if you read my initial post as I've told nick, I NEVER said Wolverine or Goro wins. I said it depends on the scenario and rules honestly.

Wolverine obviously is durable and touch, that being said Goro is one strong guy and not to be taken lightly either. The experience factor I can see being overrated at times, I just feel centuries is a while to learn from. All I'm saying.

That being said, I can respectfully agree to disagree with you if you wish. I don't see this fight as a "stomp" in either direction like some folks here think.

How the hell do you keep thinking that you have more comics than me? Those icons in my library house several issues that belong to their respective ongoing series, the only thing I see is a bunch of issues that are all over the place from a handful of NEW 52 series in your collection. And, like I said before, having some 30 odd comics in your collection doesn't make you an avid reader. Instead of continuously spreading mis-information and making inaccurate statements like the ones you have been repeatedly called out for such as "Wolverine isn't a martial artist" or "All of Batman's wins are attributed to prep or tech", maybe you should take the plastic off of those comic books and actually read them to get some understand about the characters you are talking about. I sincerely wonder how many of those comic books you read because majority of them are covered in plastic? Heck my Batman, Dark Knight, and Detective Comics collection is probably almost as big as your entire collection of comics in general.

#148 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@super_soldierxii said:

Beat you to what??

Bone Wolverine?? Who the heck is talking about "Bone" Wolverine? OP makes no mention of "Bone" Wolverine. Discussion has nothing to do with bone Wolverine. The dude is trying to argue himself purple again ... stating that Wolverine can be 'ripped' apart, when there are far more scans and evidence pointing toward that 'not' being the case. Hulk has tried and failed, as has Bhaal. Goro ain't tearing Wolverine apart.

Additionally, on numerous occasions (once in an early X-Men annual, again with Nitro and most recently in AoU to name a few off the top of my head) it's been shown that Wolverine's skeleton remains completely intact when he's taken damage that's reduced him to such. It was mentioned his skeletal structure is bonded on a molecular level with adamantium, his mutant physiology and healing factor creating a new compound called "beta" adamantium which prevents the metal from inhibiting his bones natural functions. This, coupled with the fact he does not get blown apart in explosions, cannot be torn apart by one of Marvel's strongest (i.e. Hulk) and as his skeleton remains completely intact when he takes damage that leaves only bone, the conclusion is his connective tissue is likewise strengthened by molecular bonding with the indestructible metal.

@onilordasmodeus likes to suggest otherwise. What does he have to prove otherwise? A whole bunch of "nothing" showings, flawed logic and personal opinion, that dismiss the above delineated conclusions as though he's somehow proving a point.

As to the rest, disagreeing with you on this sits just dandy with me.

#149 Posted by DWrathborne (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii:

Well, thanks for the info, but it doesn't change my feelings. IMO, Wolverine is Marvel's golden boy. I like him all right as a character, but a lot of the time it seems that they give him far too much plot immunity and favoritism to be believable (I know, I know. Comic book and believability don't really go together). It's an all too common occurrence amongst all the more popular characters. Which is probably why I tend to favor the lesser known characters.

#150 Posted by russellmania77 (14845 posts) - - Show Bio

logan wont stay down