• 76 results
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
 I've been recently re-reading AoA, and I also noticed Stryfe's (relatively) recent return. Which brings forth the simple question: which one would prevail in a random encounter between the two?  Check both combatants, if you are not familiar with them, and give your reasoning.   

http://www.comicvine.com/stryfe/29-7616/ 
http://www.comicvine.com/x-man/29-15051/ 

Take into consideration, that two seperate "versions" of Nate Grey are used in this fight:

i)  AoA X-Man
ii) Shaman

Respond accordingly, with your eveluation depending seperately on each version.

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pulsar

The Shaman vs The Chaos Bringer. I'm going with Nate Grey as the Shaman. Burning Tiger could beat just about any mutant in 616.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Considering Stryfe is all Cable could have been, had he not been infected with the techno-organic virus + the enhancements and traning he received from Apocalypse (also adding to his own ruthless nature), and I think this fight should be as even as it could possibly get.
acaipapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By acaipapaya

X-Man can defeat Stryfe because X-Man has more skill, experience and even raw power than Stryfe.  X-Man could not defeat Professor X though.%Pr

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
X-Man was created by AoA Sinister, by Cyclops' & Jean Grey's DNA. Stryfe is a clone of Cable, son of Cyclops & Madelyne Pryor (Jean Grey's exact genetic replica). If anything, their potential should be considered equal.
Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Pulsar

@acaipapaya said:

"X-Man can defeat Stryfe because X-Man has more skill, experience and even raw power than Stryfe.  X-Man could not defeat Professor X though.%Pr "

The shaman would have killed Xavier. Real talk. go read the end of the X-Man series again. Nate was on a different level of skill and power.
acaipapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By acaipapaya
@Morpheus_: No because Sinister made it so that X-Man would be even powerful than a "Cable" without the virus.  Sinister removed the natural blockades that X-Man would have created to prevent himself from killing himself or burning out. X-Man could barely even use half of his power because if he did he would kill himself.  X-Man has more raw power, skill and experience than Stryfe.%Pr
acaipapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By acaipapaya

Nate had more raw power than Xavier, yes, but did not have the skill and experience that Xavier has. I am aware that X-Man pulled Xavier off the astral plane, but Xavier, just like Exodus actually, underestimated Nate.  They both did not expect a young guy like Nate to be so powerful.  A ruthless Xavier could beat X-Man. %Pr

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@acaipapaya said:

" @Morpheus_: No because Sinister made it so that X-Man would be even powerful than a "Cable" without the virus.  Sinister removed the natural blockades that X-Man would have created to prevent himself from killing himself or burning out. X-Man could barely even use half of his power because if he did he would kill himself.  X-Man has more raw power, skill and experience than Stryfe.%Pr "

As you understand, as the creator of this thread, I cannot allow myself to take sides, at least not at such an early point. Take into consideration, what you said yourself: Nate Grey used a limited amount of his power when we first saw him in AoA. Raw power is useless, if the one who possesses it cannot operate, and tap into it whenever he wishes to. Also, I would like you to expand on your answer, if possible. What makes you believe that X-Man has more skill, and experience with the use of his powers?
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By redbull

Stalemate. Or either could win this fight, seriously. No clear winner.

Nate has slightly more raw power, but Stryfe is far more battle-tested.

Electricity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Electricity

Nate grey has more power so im, siding with him
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Korg

As Shaman, Nate (I call him Composite Nate) would put and end to Stryfe. He has no rival as a telepath, or telekinetic. He has all the raw power of the original X-Man, without the stipulation that using the full extent of his powers will kill him. The last few arcs of X-Man's ongoing made it very clear that he was a being of immense power, even more so than Cable at his peak.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Korg said:
" As Shaman, Nate (I call him Composite Nate) would put and end to Stryfe. He has no rival as a telepath, or telekinetic. He has all the raw power of the original X-Man, without the stipulation that using the full extent of his powers will kill him. The last few arcs of X-Man's ongoing made it very clear that he was a being of immense power, even more so than Cable at his peak. "
I more so use X-Man, as seen thoughout the AoA. Not afterwards, Korg.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Korg
@Morpheus_ said:
"I more so use X-Man, as seen thoughout the AoA. Not afterwards, Korg. "
You might want to specify it in the OP then. You say to read up on the characters, which I have done, rather thoroughly. You also use a picture of X-Man as Shaman. I draw my conclusions from that. Stryfe would easily defeat X-Man from AoA, as he has decades of experience over him, and is a genius, not a willful child. He is also genetically enhanced to the point that he won't burn out his body, which is almost certainly what X-Man would be driven to do in this fight.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Korg said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"I more so use X-Man, as seen thoughout the AoA. Not afterwards, Korg. "
You might want to specify it in the OP then. You say to read up on the characters, which I have done, rather thoroughly. You also use a picture of X-Man as Shaman. I draw my conclusions from that. Stryfe would easily defeat X-Man from AoA, as he has decades of experience over him, and is a genius, not a willful child. He is also genetically enhanced to the point that he won't burn out his body, which is almost certainly what X-Man would be driven to do in this fight. "
Excuse me, Korg, for you are correct. I decided to use one of the pictures of X-Man from my own collection, instead of a normal one. It was natural that you assumed it was the Shaman version. I instructed that others, with no familiarity whatsoever with the characters should check the links, instead of provididng baseless answers. Again, you are correct, and I should have been more specific.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Korg

No need to excuse yourself, it's your thread. Didn't mean to sound brusque or anything.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
No worries; you did not. I just wish to avoid confusion from others, who may also know the characters well.
acaipapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By acaipapaya

Does anyone happen to know what that yellowish aura thingy around Stryfe's left eye is?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Korg
@acaipapaya said:
" Does anyone happen to know what that yellowish aura thingy around Stryfe's left eye is? "
It is just a way of showing how much power is contained within the vessel that is Stryfe's body. It manifests most often when he exerts a lot of power or emotion. Artists have taken great liberties in how this is portrayed in various characters throughout the years. It switches sides all the time, which is a gag that actually gets mentioned in Cable & Deadpool at one point, I believe.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lordraiden
@Morpheus_ said:
" I've been recently re-reading AoA, and I also noticed Stryfe's (relatively) recent return. Which brings forth the simple question: which one would prevail in a random encounter between the two?  Check both combatants, if you are not familiar with them, and give your reasoning.   

http://www.comicvine.com/stryfe/29-7616/ 
http://www.comicvine.com/x-man/29-15051/ 

Take into consideration, that two seperate "versions" of Nate Grey are used in this fight:

i)  AoA X-Man
ii) Shaman

Respond accordingly, with your eveluation depending seperately on each version.

"

If that's Shaman Nate your using, then he takes this.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@lordraiden:Respond for both versions of Nate. X-Man from AoA, and Shaman.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lordraiden

Xman from AoA was raw in power, but not refined. He'd do well enough, but might struggle in the end, and I'd give that one to Stryfe.  Shamen, however, takes it.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By EdwardWindsor

xman could affectly just use enough power to end it and die later where stryfe has inbuilt blocks that would stop him from doing this so i vote xman

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cracks
@lazystudent: X-Man wins, especially due to the fact that X-Man got that tattoo that prevents him from killing himself. 
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@cracks said:
" @lazystudent: X-Man wins, especially due to the fact that X-Man got that tattoo that prevents him from killing himself.  "
indeed he does
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cracks

Jean can beat Stryfe.        %Pr

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

AoA i'd give a 6/10 majority if for no other reason than Cable's victories over him, w/ only a fraction of the might. He would make Nate struggle, but i think he could pull it off. Though many of the encounters would go allot like that vision Nate had of them in the temple. Where as far as Shaman Nate is concerned, I really feel like he would dominate the fight. He'd def take the majority of the wins. 

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cracks
@Emerald_General_Jai: Stryfe would have more skill and experience than AOA X-Man though.             %Pr
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@cracks said:
" @Emerald_General_Jai: Stryfe would have more skill and experience than AOA X-Man though.             %Pr "
Yeah, but he wasn't all that impressive to me. Even when they did fight in that alternate future/vision that Nate experienced, the best Stryfe did was to cause him to self-destruct. Nate was more impressive, and from what i've seen has better feats. I feel like that really would be the best Stryfe could do against an opponent working w/ the same level of power as he is. 
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cracks
@Emerald_General_Jai: Stryfe does not have any impressive feats. LOL.  X-Man has more raw power because his natural blockades have been removed by Sinister.        %Pr
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cracks
@Emerald_General_Jai: It is ineresting to note that Stryfe has defeated X-Man once before, but that is irrelevant here. Does anyone have that scan?          %Pr
spekqj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spekqj
@cracks said:
"Jean can beat Stryfe.        %Pr "

I don't think Jean could beat Stryfe unless she has phoenix force in her hand.
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stryfe he has fought cable and x-man at the same time and he is just as strong as x-man in telepathy and telekinesis but also has a soldiers training and genetically enhanced strength and intellect and is faster so he can attack faster he is more durable and way stronger and far more ruthless and has future knowledge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoA nate would probably burn out before he could take stryfe out then lose, but it would be a tight match. Shaman nate would own stryfe though

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: just read that issue and he was only able to do that because he sapped/drained their psi-energies and boosted himself with it. Just finished reading X-Man from start til Blood Brothers conclusion and I actually think pre-shaman nate would win. Nate during AoA would lose but after his stay on earth, even before getting the shaman tattoo he showed huge amounts of progress with regards to controlling and using his powers. I think he would beat stryfe

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaman nate wins. Not sure about pre-shaman nate though, probably 5/10

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman@ssj_god hi sorry to bother but what do you guys think o this fight? From what i've seen on forums you know a lot about this :)

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ssj_god

@marvelfan1992:

stryfe and nate are practically the same person from different reality (just like cable).. their power output and and variety are almost same.

that said, stryfe would beat pre-shaman nate... but would loose to shaman nate depending on the feats.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

Stryfe beats AoA Nate. Loses badly against Shaman Nate.

@ssj_god said:

@marvelfan1992:

stryfe and nate are practically the same person from different reality (just like cable).. their power output and and variety are almost same.

that said, stryfe would beat pre-shaman nate... but would loose to shaman nate depending on the feats.

Years ago I did some calculations to figure out that Nate should be stronger than Stryfe.

It's just a theory and holds no water, but I found it interesting.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@ssj_god said:

@marvelfan1992:

Years ago I did some calculations to figure out that Nate should be stronger than Stryfe.

ok.. i'd like to know it then :)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JediXMan  Moderator

@ssj_god said:

@jedixman said:

@ssj_god said:

@marvelfan1992:

Had to do with the clone thing.

Okay. In general fiction, clones are weaker than their originals. Children are roughly equal to. So, let's look at this:

Cyclops = 1, while his clone would be 1/2.

Jean = 1.

Madelyne Pryer, mother of Cable, is a 1/2 being the clone of Jean.

Their offspring would be 1 1/2. Because of the technovirus, Cable has been reduced to a 1. Possibly 2 / 3.

Now, X-Man:

Clone of Jean and Scott. He would be a 2, but as a clone, is reduced to 1 1/2. Possibly amped to 2 after becoming Shaman.

Cable is the result of a mutant + a clone. Stryfe is a clone of that.So, 1 1/2 reduced as a clone. Becomes 1, by virtue of being weaker than the person he was cloned from, minus the technovirus.

Again, this is all just a theory. Holds no water, but considering the fact that clones are usually weaker than the originals... eh.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@ssj_god said:

@jedixman said:

@ssj_god said:

@marvelfan1992:

Okay. In general fiction, clones are weaker than their originals. Children are roughly equal to. So, let's look at this:

Jean = 1.

Their offspring would be 1 1/2. Because of the technovirus, Cable has been reduced to a 1. Possibly 2 / 3.

Now, X-Man:

Clone of Jean and Scott. He would be a 2, but as a clone, is reduced to 1 1/2. Possibly amped to 2 after becoming Shaman.

Cable is the result of a mutant + a clone. Stryfe is a clone of that.So, 1 1/2 reduced as a clone. Becomes 1, by virtue of being weaker than the person he was cloned from, minus the technovirus.

Again, this is all just a theory. Holds no water, but considering the fact that clones are usually weaker than the originals... eh.

ok.. looks interesting :D

though, nate is a test tube baby of cyclops and jean.. should we call him clone?... i don't think test tube babies are clones.

and... actually there's a comics reference to what you're trying to say aswell.... do you remember when nate pulled proff x out of the psionic plane? .. well, proff x actually went their to look for stryfe, and found out nate instead... and he couldn't gauge nate's power before it was too late (i.e nate sensed him and pulled him out)... so this could be said as.. nate was stronger than stryfe, that's why proff x couldn't gauge him well and he proved to be stronger..... though we can't say for sure that stryfe couldn't do that if he was in place of nate :D

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By adamTRMM
@jedixman said:

Jean = 1.

Now, X-Man:

Yet Nate Grey is confirmed Omega Level Mutant, while Cable is not...

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ssj_god

@adamtrmm:

we were talking about nate and stryfe.. both are omega level mutants..

cable is not on that level because of the TO virus inside of him... though god cable (i.e TO virus removed) is an omega level mutant.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By marvelfan1992

@jedixman: @ssj_god: what feats exactly does nate have that puts him above stryfe? Coz didn't stryfe wreck apocalypse and make JEAN his b*tches? And usually he takes on entire x-teams by himself? Sorry I only have the x-man series up until before he becomes shaman >.< btw thank you very much for taking time to answer my questions :D

P.S. would "god" cable beat nate and or stryfe?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JediXMan  Moderator
@adamtrmm said:

Yet Nate Grey is confirmed Omega Level Mutant, while Cable is not...

... considering the fact that I ranked X-Man as higher, I don't see how this contradicts my point.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: @ssj_god: what feats exactly does nate have that puts him above stryfe? Coz didn't stryfe wreck apocalypse and make JEAN his b*tches? And usually he takes on entire x-teams by himself? Sorry I only have the x-man series up until before he becomes shaman >.< btw thank you very much for taking time to answer my questions :D

P.S. would "god" cable beat nate and or stryfe?

i don't think so.. but he's close

and nate pretty much did the same as above.. only he didn't wanted to do those things as he isn't evil like stryfe XD

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

You said clones are weaker than the originals, I gave you that example. lol even Stryfe was confirmed as Omega recently.

@ssj_god:

Cable was confirmed as Omega level TK, not a mutant.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ssj_god

@adamtrmm said:

@jedixman:

You said clones are weaker than the originals, I gave you that example. lol even Stryfe was confirmed as Omega recently.

@ssj_god:

Cable was confirmed as Omega level TK, not a mutant.

cable isn't an omega level mutant... but when the TO virus is removed, god cable is an omega level mutant

and btw.. nate is a test tube baby.. not a clone

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

cable isn't an omega level mutant... but when the TO virus is removed, god cable is an omega level mutant

and btw.. nate is a test tube baby.. not a clone

OLM is an on panel confirmation. Cable wasn't confirmed as one even when he stopped holding the TO. So unless you show me the scan that I've somehow missed, which is possible, he isn't Omega.

He was created via artificial means from DNA of AOA Cyke and Jean, give another term that can used instead of clone I will gladly use it in the future :)