#1 Posted by SSFMM (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win??
Morals: OFF 
No BFR 
They fight in a abandoned city the size of New York City

#2 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer. 

#3 Edited by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with my boy Silver Surfer here... 

#4 Posted by DiamondsandPearls (219 posts) - - Show Bio

ss wins this.

#5 Posted by Mackeja (325 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men would win if Jean Grey was in pheonix form, (no morals gives her some crazy abilities,)  otherwise, it goes to the surfer

#6 Posted by SSFMM (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mackeja:  I meant X-Man :]
#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mackeja said:
" X-men would win if Jean Grey was in pheonix form, (no morals gives her some crazy abilities,)  otherwise, it goes to the surfer "
X-Man, as in Nate Grey, not X-Men. 

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mackeja said:
"X-men would win if Jean Grey was in pheonix form, (no morals gives her some crazy abilities,)  otherwise, it goes to the surfer "

x-man  not x-men, the OP is referring to Nate Grey
#9 Edited by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

couple corrections at the same time great minds think alike.  and ss wins
#10 Posted by King Saturn (222830 posts) - - Show Bio
Silver Surfer should win here
#11 Posted by SSFMM (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: @god_spawn: @DiamondsandPearls: @Silver2467: @difficlus:  
Do you guys think it would be a hard battle?
#12 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio
@SSFMM: Interesting.... yes! a hard battle? i don't really think so...
#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@SSFMM: Under the circumstances, no. Nate's telepathy is useless in this, due to Surfer's immunity. His telekinesis can be shielded from by force fields or simply withstood altogether. Surfer can shatter Nate's body, and although he would survive in an energy form, Surfer's energy manipulation should allow him to disperse X-Man's consciousness. 
#14 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio
@SSFMM:
i like both characters but as good as nate is, he still isnt on par with surfer
#15 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: 
surfer is open to mental attacks  is he not?
#16 Posted by SSFMM (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467:  good point 
#17 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
Surfer's energy manipulation should allow him to disperse X-Man's consciousness.  "
Has he done this before? Dispersing/dissipating pure psionic energy?
#18 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Surfer's energy manipulation should allow him to disperse X-Man's consciousness.  "
Has he done this before? Dispersing/dissipating pure psionic energy? "
Not that I know of, but demonstrating that is unnecessary. Surfer himself is a telepath and has full access to the astral plane, obviously meaning he can project an astral form. He has full control over all forms of energy, including psionic, being able to generate, absorb, and manipulate energy on extreme scales. Having said that, his energy manipulation feats should suggest he can disperse Nate's form. I have seen nothing to suggest Nate's control of his own energy form outweighs Surfer's energy manipulation.
#19 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: He could easily defeat Onslaught then.  However, I digress.
#20 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: The fact that telepathy, one of Onslaught's major powers, would be null in a fight against Surfer, that does increase his chances. But Franklin's powers might be just a little bit of a problem for Surfer. LOL.
#21 Edited by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:

" @Edamame: The fact that telepathy, one of Onslaught's major powers, would be null in a fight against Surfer, that does increase his chances. But Franklin's powers might be just a little bit of a problem for Surfer. LOL. "

About that.  Can the Silver Surfer defend himself against reality warping or is he vulnerable to such? Also, does electromagnetism affect him or is it just another source of energy for him?

He can also defeat Cassandra Nova.
#22 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer wins

#23 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer.

#24 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio

An interesting fight would be: Mephisto vs. the Silver Surfer, but I digress yet again.  ; (

#25 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Silver2467 said:

" @Edamame: The fact that telepathy, one of Onslaught's major powers, would be null in a fight against Surfer, that does increase his chances. But Franklin's powers might be just a little bit of a problem for Surfer. LOL. "

About that.  Can the Silver Surfer defend himself against reality warping or is he vulnerable to such? Also, does electromagnetism affect him or is it just another source of energy for him?  He can also defeat Cassandra Nova. "
I was being sarcastic. Reality warpers should be able to beat Surfer the same way they can most characters.  

Surfer can be harmed by energy attacks of sufficient power, but he has withstood multiple planet-busting attacks in the past. So, clearly, it would have to be fairly powerful. Regardless, he could theoretically wrestle with Onslaught over the electromagnetic energies. 
#26 Posted by exhyni9 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#27 Posted by Preacherl2k (460 posts) - - Show Bio

SS should win this based on past history, the problem with Nate's powers are that he has been WILDLY inconsistent with his powers.

At one point he is equal to Dark Phoenix in energy output the next he can barely lift a car. Now as much as I can't wait to see Nate (SOON I HOPE!) SS has pretty much been cosmic in power about 98% of the time. So until Nate gets a psychic power shot (or the OMEGA machine breaks) SS wins!

#28 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @I was being sarcastic. Reality warpers should be able to beat Surfer the same way they can most characters.   Surfer can be harmed by energy attacks of sufficient power, but he has withstood multiple planet-busting attacks in the past. So, clearly, it would have to be fairly powerful. Regardless, he could theoretically wrestle with Onslaught over the electromagnetic energies.  "
Well, it gets tricky. The Silver Surfer could always speed blitz his opponent and not have to worry about the reality warping.
Interesting. So it may be much harder for the Silver Surfer to defeat Onslaught. 
#29 Posted by termiteone4ever (6693 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say surfer he is probably fast enough to hit Nate before he can think.
#30 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
"@Silver2467 said:

About that.  Can the Silver Surfer defend himself against reality warping or is he vulnerable to such? Also, does electromagnetism affect him or is it just another source of energy for him?  He can also defeat Cassandra Nova. "

Just a little bit.
#31 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer easily.

#32 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos: What is the situation here? Where is he, and who is attacking him? What else is going on?

Thanks for the picture.  ; )
#33 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, even if Surfer has withstood reality warping, SuperMan has resisted reality warping before as well, but we all know he would get slaughtered by Mad Jim Jaspers. Franklin's powers should be able to affect Surfer either way.

#34 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
 Franklin's powers should be able to affect Surfer either way. "
If Franklin gets the chance to.
#35 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Hellos: What is the situation here? Where is he, and who is attacking him? What else is going on?  Thanks for the picture.  ; ) "

"The Great Ark" story line I believe. Outside that I'm a bit shotty on the details.  
Ellie Waters essentially tries to create a dream world with her mom and Norrin and he resists Earth goes boom, then little Ellie eventually retcons it's destruction.
No problem. :P
#36 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Man would win. Nate Grey doesn't need a body to survive anymore. 
#37 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:

"X-Man would win. Nate Grey doesn't need a body to survive anymore.  "

Energy absorption(Heck he's played with something called Psycho-Kinetic energies and whatnot.) and manipulation has been the Surfer's gig for a while.  
Even if he is by some miracle to be unable to harm Nate Grey, what exactly is Nate going to do to Norrin that he can't bounce back from? 

Astral Plane ftw.   

(This version I post for cool factor)

But I'm pretty sure this one is more legit. 

@Edamame:
I lied I found some scans of what happens after he resists it.  

Just a little bit.

Norrin with a little help saves the day. :P
#38 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio
@theiconic said:
" @Silver2467:  surfer is open to mental attacks  is he not? "
He's a pretty good telepath 

Surfer is more or less a Martian Manhunter, he has a whole list of ways of ending a fight quick 
his energy manipulation and power cosmic gives him an ability to do almost any thing, create any effect. He can also attack on  more than one front using his body (which is almost as durable as Thor's and as strong as the Hulk's) using his energy power (to blast people, suck the life out of people or rearrange their molecules and turn them into clay) or he can simply command his board to bullet into them from the side like a shell travel at light speed 
and yes he can go intangible and he's got a number of telekenesis feats and telepathic feats 

Yes X-Man is a great character, and he will give him one hell of a fight 
but the fight will go down just like the Godlike Cable fight went. 
In the end X-Man getting burnt out and Surfer the winner 

X-Man has some great moves, but Surfer's got more speed and can do almost everything he does except FASTER
#39 Edited by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate then on seeing those scans.  Neither can kill each other. Both survive as pure energy forms.

No point talking about Godlike Cable Vs Surfer here seeing Godlike Cable is still a joke compared to full power Nate Grey who also doesn't burn out anymore since his Shaman transformation.

#40 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
"Stalemate then on seeing those scans.  Neither can kill each other. Both survive as pure energy forms. No point talking about Godlike Cable Vs Surfer here seeing Godlike Cable is still a joke compared to full power Nate Grey who also doesn't burn out anymore since his Shaman transformation.  "

I wouldn't say God Cable is a joke, he had some nice feats like I believe fixing up aids in Africa and with Norrin repairing the damage they did as they did it atom by atom.  
But Nate does have the distinct advantage of not dieing if he uses his powers.
#41 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos: 

He is impressive but then you look at what he could of been in the foolery and crazy capers Nate Grey does and think damn..... TO virus got you good Cable.
#42 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMS said:
"@Hellos:  He is impressive but then you look at what he could of been in the foolery and crazy capers Nate Grey does and think damn..... TO virus got you good Cable. "

Yes Nate does represent what Cable could have beenm but I wouldn't trade my old man gun slinging glowy eye'd mutant soldier from the future for the world. :P
#43 Posted by karrob (4267 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#44 Posted by vcreed2002 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I like them both and think they are both extremely powerful I have to give the win to the Surfer.
#45 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer stomp. X-MAn is made of energy - Surfer is high energy manipulator, any other questions?

#46 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer, "X-Man" sucks

#47 Posted by JediXMan (27997 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer wins.

#48 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos: SS had more than a little help
#49 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#50 Posted by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

considering Shaman Nate was a reality warper ( confirmed all throughout new mutants unfinished business)

wouldn't that provide him with a significant advantage?