X-Force Vs. the Secret Avengers

RavenT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By RavenT2

With X-Force being it's on separate black ops entity and the Secret Avengers doing, primarily, espionage missions, it's not a stretch of the imagination that they can, and probably will, run into each other somewhere down the line. I know I'm not the only one who thought this could be possible but I'm curious to everyone's opinion. How would it go down? Who would get in who's way? And if it did actually come to blows between the two teams, who would come out on top?

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mavfan626

X-Force would easily beat The Secret Avengers..

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Rosters please? Location? Morals? Prep?

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By fbdarkangel

X-23 vs Cap! Hot! ;-P

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'll say X-Force.

_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By _Courage_
@The Dark Huntress said:
"Rosters please? Location? Morals? Prep? "
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@mavfan626 said:
" X-Force would easily beat The Secret Avengers.. "
Yeah, no. Four and a half street levelers against Nova and War Machine (both of which are immune to telepathy, so Fantomex's, or Psylocke's misdirection, and telepathy, respectively, goes out of the window).

X-Force gets wrecked.
Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dark Noldor
@RavenT2: Man, this is a great idea, haven´t thought of it, this could be a fun and entertaining crossover
I guess X-Force doesn´t have a powerhouse like Valkyrie and Nova (assuming he´s still in Secret Avengers),
but this lack of strenght can be balanced by Warren and Deadpool´s skills, the tech of Fantomex is awesome,
but I have doubts that can beat Rogers´stuff. In the end, the ace in the hole for the X-Force is Psylocke, that
can subdue everyone in the Secret Avengers, since they don´t have any telepaths in the team.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:
Yeah, no. Four and a half street levelers against Nova and War Machine (both of which are immune to telepathy, so Fantomex's, or Psylocke's misdirection, and telepathy, respectively, goes out of the window).

X-Force gets wrecked.
"
Resistant or fully immune?  

@RavenT2: Can we please get rosters and other info?
Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Iron Fist Angel

I love X-force but I have to give this one to the Secret Avengers. Either way it could be an interesting story for sure.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:

X-Force gets wrecked.
"

@RavenT2: Can we please get rosters and other info? "
High resistance to telepathic suggestions for Rhodey, virtual immunity for Nova. 

But, really, even if we go by current rosters, without Nova, it's still:

Steve Rogers
Sharon Carter
Valkyrie
Black Widow

Ant-Man
War Machine
Shang-Chi
Beast
Prince of Orphans

vs X-Force. The only reason I have not locked this, is because I want to give to the OP the opportunity to make it balanced.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:

X-Force gets wrecked.
"

High resistance to telepathic suggestions for Rhodey, virtual immunity for Nova. 

Steve Rogers
Sharon Carter
Valkyrie
Black Widow

Ant-Man
War Machine
Shang-Chi
Beast
Prince of Orphans

vs X-Force. The only reason I have not locked this, is because I want to give to the OP the opportunity to make it balanced.
"
O_O I wasn't aware that the team was that stacked. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress:And I also forgot Moon Knight.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_
@Morpheus_: V_V X-Force doesn't have a prayer. OP would either have to add in some pretty powerful players or drastically reduce the Avengers roster. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_: V_V X-Force doesn't have a prayer. OP would either have to add in some pretty powerful players or drastically reduce the Avengers roster.  "
Well, the main problem is that if the OP cuts down the Avengers roster (omitting War Machine, Nova, Prince of Orphans, Valkyrie), then X-Force would end up with a pretty solid telepath, and a master manipulator like Fantomex against 4-5 street level Avengers. I think that a "not offensive use" policy should be put, at least on Psylocke's telepathic abilities. And even then, Fantomex's misdirection would still give X-Force a great edge.
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mavfan626
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:

X-Force gets wrecked.
"
I was thinking about current Secret Avengers.. without Nova.. and I believe that Fantomex's misdirection still could be used on War Machine.. also I didn't know that War Machine had Telepath immunity..
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@mavfan626:Courtesy of Iron Man, he does.

Also, the current roster isn't doing anyone any favours. They cannot even touch the Prince of Orphans.
Snickersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snickersss
@The Dark Huntress said:
"Rosters please? Location? Morals? Prep? "

Yeah the first post should really be edited to add that stuff. 

Otherwise I am going to go with X-Force if the Avengers don't have Nova with them.
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secret Avengers.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

For the love of Shang Chi.... 

Secret Avengers. 

/thread
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626:Courtesy of Iron Man, he does.

Also, the current roster isn't doing anyone any favours. They cannot even touch the Prince of Orphans.
"
This is true. However, can Aman be affected telepathically? I have seen nothing to suggest he can while he is in his mist form, but I have seen nothing to refute it either. 

Not that I think it would make much difference. Prince of Orphans could still solo before they get the opportunity to attack.
Snickersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snickersss

The Secret Avengers should win this not only do they have more members but some of them like Valkrie, Nova, War Machine and The Prince of Orphans could solo or put one hell of a fight buy themselves.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
This is true. However, can Aman be affected telepathically? I have seen nothing to suggest he can while he is in his mist form, but I have seen nothing to refute it either.  Not that I think it would make much difference. Prince of Orphans could still solo before they get the opportunity to attack. "
I am merely speculating, but I do recall the Ghost being immune to Mister X's ability due to the fact that he was not composed of solid matter at the time. It is simply a theory, but he could potentially avoid telepathy due to his mist form. We cannot know, one way or the other until it is tested, though. 

As a sidepoint, Iron Fist has mastered a style that enables him to act instinctively, without thinking (his "drunken style") that enabled him to effectively counter telepathy, and as someone that Danny has recognised as irrefutably superior, John Aman could fall under the same rule. No solid proof about that either, though. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
This is true. However, can Aman be affected telepathically? I have seen nothing to suggest he can while he is in his mist form, but I have seen nothing to refute it either.  Not that I think it would make much difference. Prince of Orphans could still solo before they get the opportunity to attack. "
I am merely speculating, but I do recall the Ghost being immune to Mister X's ability due to the fact that he was not composed of solid matter at the time. It is simply a theory, but he could potentially avoid telepathy due to his mist form. We cannot know, one way or the other until it is tested, though. 

As a sidepoint, Iron Fist has mastered a style that enables him to act instinctively, without thinking (his "drunken style") that enabled him to effectively counter telepathy, and as someone that Danny has recognised as irrefutably superior, John Aman could fall under the same rule. No solid proof about that either, though. Just my thoughts on the matter.
"
Makes sense. Although, the comparison between Danny and Aman could be debated for the simple fact that their Chi is channeled for very different purposes and the fact that Iron Fist, overall, has more versatility than Prince of Orphans (increased striking power/durability/combat speed, healing, electromagnetic manipulation, the hypnotism ability that Orson taught him, miniature Chi blasts that he used to set Hydra agents on fire, etc.). Also, their difference in source of power may make a difference.  

But this is only speculation on my part, as well.
Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ghostrider fan1

x force gets pwned easily new or old

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
" Makes sense. Although, the comparison between Danny and Aman could be debated for the simple fact that their Chi is channeled for very different purposes and the fact that Iron Fist, overall, has more versatility than Prince of Orphans (increased striking power/durability/combat speed, healing, electromagnetic manipulation, the hypnotism ability that Orson taught him, miniature Chi blasts that he used to set Hydra agents on fire, etc.). Also, their difference in source of power may make a difference.   But this is only speculation on my part, as well. "
Indeed. Each champion of the 7 cities has different skills and powers. I don't believe Danny is necessarily more versatile, we simply perceive him to be so, purely because he is the protagonist, after all. We've seen John turning his body into a portal to the afterlife for the 10000 ghosts he fought at once. He seems to operate on a different scope than Danny, or the rest of the Immortal Weapons.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" Makes sense. Although, the comparison between Danny and Aman could be debated for the simple fact that their Chi is channeled for very different purposes and the fact that Iron Fist, overall, has more versatility than Prince of Orphans (increased striking power/durability/combat speed, healing, electromagnetic manipulation, the hypnotism ability that Orson taught him, miniature Chi blasts that he used to set Hydra agents on fire, etc.). Also, their difference in source of power may make a difference.   But this is only speculation on my part, as well. "
Indeed. Each champion of the 7 cities has different skills and powers. I don't believe Danny is necessarily more versatile, we simply perceive him to be so, purely because he is the protagonist, after all. We've seen John turning his body into a portal to the afterlife for the 10000 ghosts he fought at once. He seems to operate on a different scope than Danny, or the rest of the Immortal Weapons. "
True enough, although, to be fair, I never even listed all of Rand's abilities. There are others I neglected to mention (like his ability to charge projectiles). I was simply commenting based on what I know about the two of them. That being said, I admittedly have never read Immortal Weapons, but I want to. I need to read about each of the other Immortal Weapons for myself, and aside from Danny, Prince of Orphans is my favorite out of the seven of them. So I'm interested in his part of that series.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Indeed. Each champion of the 7 cities has different skills and powers. I don't believe Danny is necessarily more versatile, we simply perceive him to be so, purely because he is the protagonist, after all. We've seen John turning his body into a portal to the afterlife for the 10000 ghosts he fought at once. He seems to operate on a different scope than Danny, or the rest of the Immortal Weapons. "
True enough, although, to be fair, I never even listed all of Rand's abilities. There are others I neglected to mention (like his ability to charge projectiles). I was simply commenting based on what I know about the two of them. That being said, I admittedly have never read Immortal Weapons, but I want to. I need to read about each of the other Immortal Weapons for myself, and aside from Danny, Prince of Orphans is my favorite out of the seven of them. So I'm interested in his part of that series. "
The Immortal Weapons was a 5 issue mini with each issue focusing on the five lesser known weapons (excluding Danny, and Davos). Issue 5 focuses on the Prince (it is during that issue where Danny pulls off the much commented dragon defeating feat), and along with Fat Cobra's entry, it is the best issue of that series.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Silver2467 said:
True enough, although, to be fair, I never even listed all of Rand's abilities. There are others I neglected to mention (like his ability to charge projectiles). I was simply commenting based on what I know about the two of them. That being said, I admittedly have never read Immortal Weapons, but I want to. I need to read about each of the other Immortal Weapons for myself, and aside from Danny, Prince of Orphans is my favorite out of the seven of them. So I'm interested in his part of that series. "
The Immortal Weapons was a 5 issue mini with each issue focusing on the five lesser known weapons (excluding Danny, and Davos). Issue 5 focuses on the Prince (it is during that issue where Danny pulls off the much commented dragon defeating feat), and along with Fat Cobra's entry, it is the best issue of that series. "
I hear Fat Cobra has an obscene history. LOL.  

On the subject of Danny's feats, since Immortal Iron Fist (and during that series), he gained feat after feat that pushes his previous street level status. It makes sense actually, since he gained access to the Book of the Iron Fist. But he has been a beast in recent stories.
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mavfan626
@Morpheus_ said:

"
Ghost was immune from Mister X's Telepath but not sound.. (eg: Deadpool used a sound device that temperately disabled Ghost) Couldn't Fantomax used his power to get out of the mist form?  
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@mavfan626 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
Ghost was immune from Mister X's Telepath but not sound.. (eg: Deadpool used a sound device that temperately disabled Ghost) Couldn't Fantomax used his power to get out of the mist form?   "
There is no proof for, or against it. It's what I said above.
Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By Dakens son
@mavfan626 said:

I agree but I don't think that will happen.
As it seems the secret avengers are dealing with more practical matters on the other hand x-force thus far are after missions that affect mutantkind generally.
It would be cool to see them one against the other,it'll be bloody hell!
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dakens son said:
"@mavfan626 said:

I agree but I don't think that will happen. As it seems the secret avengers are dealing with more practical matters on the other hand x-force thus far are after missions that affect mutantkind generally. It would be cool to see them one against the other,it'll be bloody hell! "

Then you're incorrect in your belief.  Tell me, who takes down Nova or War Machine?
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:

X-Force gets wrecked.
"

Steve Rogers
Sharon Carter
Valkyrie
Black Widow

Ant-Man
War Machine
Shang-Chi
Beast
Prince of Orphans

"

Forgot Moonknight , you're right though X-force get owned here
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@Morpheus_:
My apoligies , didn't see that you corrected yourself
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PirateKing69

The Secret Avengers

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CaptainRodgers said:
" @Morpheus_: My apoligies , didn't see that you corrected yourself "
Don't mention it.
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jayskee

prince of orphans solos
RavenT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RavenT2
@The Dark Huntress: 
Rosters and other info, ok, sure.
How about this:
X-Force roster: Wolverine, X-23, Fantomex, Warpath, Psylocke, Archangel, Domino, Deadpool
Secret Avengers roster: Steve Rogers, Black Widow, War Machine, Nova, Valkyrie, Moon Knight, Beast, Shang-Chi

Setting:
X-Force is after a mutant threat (i.e. Apocalypse or someone like that) and are looking to kill him while the Secret Avengers need him alive to prevent another crisis. Couple that with Beast never liking the fact that X-force even existed and you have a fight on your hands.

Place:
Let's say... Canada, somewhere. Don't ask me why.

Morals:
X-force is by no means trying to go up against the Secret Avengers but they won't stop simply because they are in the way. The Secret Avengers don't want to fight X-Force but they need the mutant alive and Beast wants to teach Wolverine a little lesson about secrets.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

No one is beating Nova or War Machine.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

-Force roster: Wolverine, X-23, Warpath , Deadpool
Secret Avengers roster: Steve Rogers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Beast, Shang-Chi 

Give that a shot instead.  Also, provide gear for them.  For example: 

Wolverine - current
X-23 - current
Warpath - twin vibranium knives 
Deadpool - twin katanas

Steve Roger - shield 
Black Widow - wrist guns, pistols, grappling line, smoke grenades, flashbangs 
Moon Knight- current armor/gear 
Beast - unarmed 
Shang-Chi - basic melee weapons (bo-staff, nunchaku)

RavenT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RavenT2
@k4tzm4n: 
I like where your head's at. :)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n:You're still  the boss.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@k4tzm4n said:
"
Secret Avengers roster: Steve Rogers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Beast, Shang-Chi 

Wolverine - current
X-23 - current
Deadpool - twin katanas

Steve Roger - shield Black Widow - wrist guns, pistols, grappling line, smoke grenades, flashbangs Moon Knight- current armor/gear Beast - unarmed Shang-Chi - basic melee weapons (bo-staff, nunchaku)     "

Hijacker.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jake Fury: 
Cool post, bro 

@Morpheus_: 
LOL 

@RavenT2:

Thanks, but even with my suggestion I believe X-Force has the advantage. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@k4tzm4n:
Hahaha.
HBIC89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HBIC89

X-Force 

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@k4tzm4n said:
"

Wolverine - current
X-23 - current
Deadpool - twin katanas

Steve Roger - shield Black Widow - wrist guns, pistols, grappling line, smoke grenades, flashbangs Moon Knight- current armor/gear Beast - unarmed Shang-Chi - basic melee weapons (bo-staff, nunchaku)     "
This and X-Foce Wins.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@RavenT2 said:
" @The Dark Huntress: 
Rosters and other info, ok, sure.
How about this:
X-Force roster: Wolverine, X-23, Fantomex, Warpath, Psylocke, Archangel, Domino, Deadpool
Secret Avengers roster: Steve Rogers, Black Widow, War Machine, Nova, Valkyrie, Moon Knight, Beast, Shang-Chi

Setting:
X-Force is after a mutant threat (i.e. Apocalypse or someone like that) and are looking to kill him while the Secret Avengers need him alive to prevent another crisis. Couple that with Beast never liking the fact that X-force even existed and you have a fight on your hands.

Place:
Let's say... Canada, somewhere. Don't ask me why.

Morals: X-force is by no means trying to go up against the Secret Avengers but they won't stop simply because they are in the way. The Secret Avengers don't want to fight X-Force but they need the mutant alive and Beast wants to teach Wolverine a little lesson about secrets. "
This and Avengers Stomp......
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

Wolverine - current
X-23 - current
Deadpool - twin katanas

This and X-Foce Wins. "

It was just a suggestion and I even later stated I believe X-Force has the edge with that modification.