X-Force vs. Cyclops (Read Further)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Regulations: 
- X-Force includes Wolverine, Warpath, X-23, Wolfsbane, Domino and Archangel 
- Fight takes place in an isolated Canadian Forest at 3 AM (no precipitation) 
- Cyclops is allowed 2 hr. prep time, but X-Force gets none 
- They are separated at the start by approximately 250 yds., with neither X-Force nor Cyclops knowing this
- Cyclops is not allowed to remove his visor 
- This is an in character fight (no fighting to the death or BFR, strictly TKO) 
- If X-Force wins, Cyclops will be removed as leader of the X-men 
- X-Force is fighting for pride only 

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cracks

I have the feeling that Cyclops loses. Let me know if you want me to explain.        %Pr

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Zoom

Spite much?
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cracks said:
"I have the feeling that Cyclops loses. Let me know if you want me to explain.        %Pr "

Please elaborate, if you don't mind
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cracks
@Zoom: That is what I was thinking.        %Pr
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By castleking
X force mauls him apart the terrain is majorly in their favor
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By G-w-D

You Include Wolfsbane in this (despite all her doing in this series is griefing and having Sex) but yo Don't Include Elixir? or the Omega level mutant too much?
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cracks
@G-w-D: Having Sex?

LOL.    %Pr
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Power NeXus
@G-w-D said:
"You Include Wolfsbane in this (despite all her doing in this series is griefing and having Sex) but yo Don't Include Elixir? or the Omega level mutant too much? "

The Omega level mutant wouldn't be 'too much'. He would be useless. There's nothing he could possibly add to the team in a forest hunt. Omega level or not, he's never done anything more impressive than give a guy a brain tumor in the shape of the X-Men's logo. 

But, back to the subject of the thread, Cyclops is going to get pwned. Wolverine alone would be a good fight for him. Add in someone who is just like Wolverine, someone who can fly and attack from a distance, someone who can be quite literally at home in the forest, someone strong enough to tank hits from a visor'd Cyclops, and someone who has more luck than a 4-leaf clover holding a rabbits foot, and it isn't even a fight anymore.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think X-Force wins because of sheer numbers. Cyke probably has at least a 50/50 chance to beat any of these guys in single combat but all of them at once and he get owned.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yodagod

Cyke has a small chance, but there are just too many high level threats here for this to really be fair.  1 on 1 he could probably take any of them, but in this situation, starting this close to one another, and without much prep time Cyke goes down 90% of the time at least.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iLLituracy

I think Cyclops could pull it off if Warpath wasn't there and if by some freak chance Cyclops got the jump on all of them. But I doubt that he would seeing as how all the trackers are on the other team.

But if this were Cyclops Vs. X-Force with X-Force being ambushed by Cyclops--without Warpath, then he could probably take it, IMO.

@Power NeXus said:

" @G-w-D said:
"You Include Wolfsbane in this (despite all her doing in this series is griefing and having Sex) but yo Don't Include Elixir? or the Omega level mutant too much? "
The Omega level mutant wouldn't be 'too much'. He would be useless. There's nothing he could possibly add to the team in a forest hunt. Omega level or not, he's never done anything more impressive than give a guy a brain tumor in the shape of the X-Men's logo.  But, back to the subject of the thread, Cyclops is going to get pwned. Wolverine alone would be a good fight for him. Add in someone who is just like Wolverine, someone who can fly and attack from a distance, someone who can be quite literally at home in the forest, someone strong enough to tank hits from a visor'd Cyclops, and someone who has more luck than a 4-leaf clover holding a rabbits foot, and it isn't even a fight anymore. "

I think Elixir is rather impressive, he did some stuff in New X-Men that was cool when he'd turned black and stuff. But I agree he'd be useless, especially in this battle against Cyclops.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Power NeXus
@iLLituracy said:
"I think Cyclops could pull it off if Warpath wasn't there and if by some freak chance Cyclops got the jump on all of them. But I doubt that he would seeing as how all the trackers are on the other team.

But if this were Cyclops Vs. X-Force with X-Force being ambushed by Cyclops--without Warpath, then he could probably take it, IMO.

@Power NeXus said:
" @G-w-D said:
The Omega level mutant wouldn't be 'too much'. He would be useless. There's nothing he could possibly add to the team in a forest hunt. Omega level or not, he's never done anything more impressive than give a guy a brain tumor in the shape of the X-Men's logo.  But, back to the subject of the thread, Cyclops is going to get pwned. Wolverine alone would be a good fight for him. Add in someone who is just like Wolverine, someone who can fly and attack from a distance, someone who can be quite literally at home in the forest, someone strong enough to tank hits from a visor'd Cyclops, and someone who has more luck than a 4-leaf clover holding a rabbits foot, and it isn't even a fight anymore. "
I think Elixir is rather impressive, he did some stuff in New X-Men that was cool when he'd turned black and stuff. But I agree he'd be useless, especially in this battle against Cyclops. "

People have made 100+ page debates on Cyclops vs Wolverine. The two of them alone is a good fight. Giving Cyclops prep time helps him, but only to a certain extent. Putting him up against Wolverine, X-23, Wolfsbane, Domino, Archangel, and Warpath in an environment that feels like home to most of them is just plain overkill.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By G-w-D

@Power NeXus said:

"@G-w-D said:
The Omega level mutant wouldn't be 'too much'. He would be useless. There's nothing he could possibly add to the team in a forest hunt. Omega level or not, he's never done anything more impressive than give a guy a brain tumor in the shape of the X-Men's logo. 
 Yea creating an organ out of thin air ain't that impressive is it?

AdrenalineRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AdrenalineRush
@G-w-D said:
"

@Power NeXus said:

"@G-w-D said:
 Yea creating an organ out of thin air ain't that impressive is it?  "

lol....but anyways i think cyclops would just be too overwhelmed even with him being a "master" tactician i dont think two hours prep time is long enough to give him a fair chance
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Power NeXus
@G-w-D said:
"

@Power NeXus said:

"@G-w-D said:

Honestly, it isn't. Not when compared to other people's powers. I know being Omega gives him practically unlimited potential, but he's still pretty weak. I could list literally dozens of Alpha level mutanta with much more impressive feats than anything Elixir has ever been seen doing.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Power NeXus said:
" @G-w-D said:
"

@Power NeXus said:

"@G-w-D said:
Honestly, it isn't. Not when compared to other people's powers. I know being Omega gives him practically unlimited potential, but he's still pretty weak. I could list literally dozens of Alpha level mutanta with much more impressive feats than anything Elixir has ever been seen doing. "
He cured the Legacy Virus. You can chalk that up as a feat for Elixer.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Power NeXus
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @G-w-D said:
"

@Power NeXus said:

"@G-w-D said:
Honestly, it isn't. Not when compared to other people's powers. I know being Omega gives him practically unlimited potential, but he's still pretty weak. I could list literally dozens of Alpha level mutanta with much more impressive feats than anything Elixir has ever been seen doing. "
He cured the Legacy Virus. You can chalk that up as a feat for Elixer. "

Ok, so he can do things that no mutant has ever had the right power type to do before, but it's still not terribly impressive.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Ferro Vida: I thought Beast cured the Legacy Virus and Colossus took the cure. Did it come back and get cured again?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Ferro Vida
@PrinceIMC said:
" @Ferro Vida: I thought Beast cured the Legacy Virus and Colossus took the cure. Did it come back and get cured again? "
There was an X-Force story arc in which a sample of the virus still existed. X-23 became infected by it and he worked with her healing factor to eliminate it and save her life, and that of every other mutant on Earth.
LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe that Cyke can take it if he plays smart.The only real threats are Logan and X-23.He can take out the others with 1 optic blast.This isn't in Cyke's favor though,nor the landscape,nor the in-character,nor him not being allowed to remove visor.Morals off Cyke could take them even if not visoring off.He obliterated a small forest once visor on and in character.Anyway,he could cover his smell or confuse X-F.by moving sideways etc,He would climb a tree to have a better view,take Archangel down from there and then all the others.As he can pretty much hit and KO the others(not kill,as Logan and Lara can't die),it wouldn't be a challenge.If it was morals off and still not visoring off,he would have a harder time to keep Logan down,but,KO to the win ,Cyke has this.Also,If he could V.-Off he would ANIHILATE them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between Logan, X-23, Warpath, and Domino, somebody is going to sneak up on Scott and KO him.

Wolfsbane, X-23, Wolverine, and Warpath all have very heightened senses, and have trained in these types of environments.

This is just a fight that Scott can not win.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24 god_spawn  Moderator

This isn't fair for Scott.