k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Smiles (Logan Wilson):
How do you define his standard equipment? Where do they fight?
Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pacperson

More Details would be nice =p

Wades gonna need to be taking this seriously and be pretty quick on his feet to bring her down. Otherwise he's gonna get his Head cut off in seconds.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By D3athstroke

Avatar image for smiles__logan_wilson_
Smiles (Logan Wilson)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:  Katanas, regular handgun, nothing major. This takes place in the wilderness of canada, where the wendigoes are located.
ProjectSin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ProjectSin

deadpool
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Smiles (Logan Wilson):
Ah.  I'd say the location gives the edge to X-23 thanks to enhanced senses.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hellos

I want to say Jailbait wins, either by beating Wade or by having him go to prison.
Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thegentlemanrogue
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Smiles (Logan Wilson): Ah.  I'd say the location gives the edge to X-23 thanks to enhanced senses. "
That's what I'm thinking.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Korg

X-23 by decapitation/dismemberment early in the fight. Deadpool would make some jokes, and X-23 would just go for the kill. Deadpool relies on his healing factor very heavily, and X-23 has shown herself to be capable of taking opponents with healing factors apart faster than they can regenerate.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Korg said:
 Daniel Way's Deadpool relies on his healing factor very heavily, and X-23 has shown herself to be capable of taking opponents with healing factors apart faster than they can regenerate. "

Fixed.
tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tim2081

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
X-23 will get more hits and dismember Deadpool first, but I don't think Deadpool will care.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FLCL1

serious deadpool stomps
silly deadpool might lose in a very good fight

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Korg
@k4tzm4n said:

"Fixed. "

Nothing "fixed" about that. Fabian Nicieza's Deadpool does as well. So does Joe Kelly's.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Korg said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"Fixed. "
Nothing "fixed" about that. Fabian Nicieza's Deadpool does as well. "

Hardly, compared to Way.  That version regularly took out squads of enemies without a scratch, frequently dropped Cable in hand-to-hand and managed to have a remotely even hand-to-hand encounter with Danny Rand twice.  Way's, on the other hand, puts on a meat armor and kicks Colossus in the jaw...
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Korg
@k4tzm4n said:
" Hardly, compared to Way."
I haven't read much of Way's run, so I wouldn't really know about comparisons. Nicieza and Kelly had Deadpool relying on his healing factor very heavily for years before Way ever got his hands on the character.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Korg:
Save your energy, it's not very good.  Saying he "relies" on his healing factor is like saying Wolverine "relies" on his healing factor.  When he faces other brutal cobatants (Wolverine, Taskmaster), his healing factor will naturally come into play since they're more skilled.  He's not the most skilled combatant of the bunch, but X-23 has never done anything to put her above him (feat-wise) in terms of h2h.  He's had plenty of fights where the healing factor isn't required, but plenty where they've come into play.  I've hardly seen him "rely" in it, though.  If you want to give specific examples, that would help.  We probably just have a different view on the term. 

That said, we can't really underestimate his agility and speed here, either, but of which he's very well known for.  I agree X-23 wins, but if Deadpool isn't being written by Way, I think he can inflict some good damage first.  The environment and X-23's mindset just gives her the advantage, IMO.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relying on a his healing factor has been a downfall of all versions of Deadpool from Nicieza to Kelly to Way. It may be more prominent now (I'm not sure it is but what ever) but if anything the problem with (Daniel) Wayde Wilson is that his healing factor was nerfed into the ground just like (Daniel) Wayverine.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Korg
@k4tzm4n said: 

"Saying he "relies" on his healing factor is like saying Wolverine "relies" on his healing factor."

These are both perfectly true. Wolverine does rely very heavily on his healing factor. Deadpool and Wolverine both take hits that they could dodge because they know they will heal. Deadpool relies on his healing factor to take care of injuries he could otherwise avoid using his speed and agility. His fighting style heavily incorporates his healing factor, and has for many years. A perfect example of how much he relies on it is the issue in which he has to get Hulk's blood to restore his own healing factor, and laments the fact that he can't take as many ridiculous risks because his own healing factor will not be what it was before.  

@thegentlemanrogue said:
" Relying on a his healing factor has been a downfall of all versions of Deadpool from Nicieza to Kelly to Way. It may be more prominent now (I'm not sure it is but what ever) but if anything the problem with (Daniel) Wayde Wilson is that his healing factor was nerfed into the ground just like (Daniel) Wayverine. "
This seems to be what I'm getting at, though as I said, I haven't followed Way's work.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By D3athstroke
@mavfan626:
Good Scans : )
Avatar image for the_hooded_hero
The Hooded Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Hooded Hero

Speed and stealth I think X23 has this.
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By mavfan626
@D3athstroke: Thanks!
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By D3athstroke

-------------------

---------------------

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mavfan626
@D3athstroke:  To be fair (IIR) the X-men scans is PIS and the last one Deadpool might be from alternate timeline.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

X-23 for the easy win.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mavfan626
@Vance Astro said:
" X-23 for the easy win. "
I don't understand how it would be easy for X-23 to beat Deadpool, He consistently been in par with Wolverine in the past. Fighting X-23 should be no different for Deadpool, it's well known that Deadpool has one of the best healing factors in MU and is a very good sword fight and marksmen. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@mavfan626 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I don't understand how it would be easy for X-23 to beat Deadpool, He consistently been in par with Wolverine in the past. Fighting X-23 should be no different for Deadpool, it's well known that Deadpool has one of the best healing factors in MU and is a very good sword fight and marksmen.  "
No..Deadpool has consistently fought well against Wolverine.He's is not on par with him in anyway shape or form. 
Also X-23 is faster than Wolverine and has moves especially with the use of her unique claws that differ from that of Wolverine.If fighting X-23 is anything like fighting Wolverine than X-23 should win every time. Daniel Way can't save Deadpool from losing to someone way beyond his skill level in this thread.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Mercy_

I can see X-23 pulling this off. 

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mavfan626
@Vance Astro said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @Vance Astro said:
I don't understand how it would be easy for X-23 to beat Deadpool, He consistently been in par with Wolverine in the past. Fighting X-23 should be no different for Deadpool, it's well known that Deadpool has one of the best healing factors in MU and is a very good sword fight and marksmen.  "
No..Deadpool has consistently fought well against Wolverine.He's is not on par with him in anyway shape or form. Also X-23 is faster than Wolverine and has moves especially with the use of her unique claws that differ from that of Wolverine.If fighting X-23 is anything like fighting Wolverine than X-23 should win every time. Daniel Way can't save Deadpool from losing to someone way beyond his skill level in this thread. "
Fought well/in par (Tomato Tamato) they can trade blows, X-23 having better reflexes is debatable and her claws ant unique they come out of her hands also I haven't seen any real foot/claw feats. None of the scans I'v posted are from Daniel Way's run of Deadpool and I'm still can't see how X-23 is beyond Deadpool in skill level, Deadpool is a far.. more better killer/assassin then X-23.  
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@mavfan626 said:
Fought well/in par (Tomato Tamato) they can trade blows, X-23 have better reflexes is debatable and her claws ant unique they come out of her hands also I haven't seen any real foot/claw feats. None of the scans I'v posted are from Daniel Way's run of Deadpool and I'm still can't see how X-23 is beyond Deadpool in skill level, Deadpool is a far.. more better killer/assassin then X-23.   "
That's the point i'm trying to make though. It shouldn't have happened.Wolverine's other showings clearly suggest his superiority in combat so the fact that he even has trouble with Deadpool is ridiculous. They shouldn't be trading blows.If you look at Deadpool's feats outside of what he's done against Wolverine he's never done anything to suggest he can keep up with a combatant of his caliber. You haven't seen any foot claw feats? I don't know what you're expecting to see but she has more than proven she can use them effectively.I know that Wolverine and Deadpool have had encounters outside of what Way has written, however he is to blame for perpetuating the idea that Deadpool is at all a match for Wolverine. How you think Deadpool is a better killer than X-23 is beyond me.Why, because he's a Merc? What are you basing that on.Deadpool isn't far better than here at anything.Anyone that Deadpool has ever killed I don't doubt X-23 could have also.Maybe even easier. 
They really aren't even comparable. Reflexes isn't debatable.If X-23 if faster than Wolverine I doubt reflexes don't go with it. I don't know anyone with superhuman speed and just OK reflexes.
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

" @mavfan626 said:

Fought well/in par (Tomato Tamato) they can trade blows, X-23 have better reflexes is debatable and her claws ant unique they come out of her hands also I haven't seen any real foot/claw feats. None of the scans I'v posted are from Daniel Way's run of Deadpool and I'm still can't see how X-23 is beyond Deadpool in skill level, Deadpool is a far.. more better killer/assassin then X-23.   "

That's the point i'm trying to make though. It shouldn't have happened.Wolverine's other showings clearly suggest his superiority in combat so the fact that he even has trouble with Deadpool is ridiculous. They shouldn't be trading blows.If you look at Deadpool's feats outside of what he's done against Wolverine he's never done anything to suggest he can keep up with a combatant of his caliber. You haven't seen any foot claw feats? I don't know what you're expecting to see but she has more than proven she can use them effectively.I know that Wolverine and Deadpool have had encounters outside of what Way has written, however he is to blame for perpetuating the idea that Deadpool is at all a match for Wolverine. How you think Deadpool is a better killer than X-23 is beyond me.Why, because he's a Merc? What are you basing that on.Deadpool isn't far better than here at anything.Anyone that Deadpool has ever killed I don't doubt X-23 could have also.Maybe even easier. They really aren't even comparable. Reflexes isn't debatable.If X-23 if faster than Wolverine I doubt reflexes don't go with it. I don't know anyone with superhuman speed and just OK reflexes. "
 Honestly though, there has been extenuating circumstances in most of the Wolverine v Deadpool fights. 

Wolverine 88: Deadpool wins, but Wolverine has no healing factor. 
Deadpool 27, Wolverine walked all over DP... but Wade was crazier than usual and hallucinating. 
Wolverine Annual '99: Wolverine works over DD easily with a pipe until he is distracted by a Werewolf. 
Wolverine 154: Wolverine walks all over DP, DP pulls out a win do to prep. 
Wolverine 155: brief skirmish no winner. 
Cable / Deadpool 09: Deadpool betrays and shoots Wolverine and Bishop in back, its unclear what happens after that, when they are seen next Cable has them in a tk field. 
Cable / Deadpool 43: Wolverine gets the drop on Wade and chops of his head. 
Cable / Deadpool 44: They go blow for blow briefly before Wolverine disarms him and pins him to a wall. 
Messiah Complex: Wolverine stabs an alternate future DP in the brain, doesn't seem to do much.
Wolverine Origins: Deadpool is heavliy prepped, Wolverine is shown to have a solid edge in any melee encounter, Deadpool eventually wins BUT Wolverine threw the fight intentionally. 

Every indication from their fights would seem to largely suggest that Wolverine is by far the supperior fighter and that DP needs prep to contend in anything other than a prep skirmish.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mercy_
@mavfan626: X using the foot claws. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Good look, Dark Huntress.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mercy_
@Vance Astro: Thankies. ^_^
crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crabtree

deadpool wins

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@crabtree said:
" deadpool wins "
Not on his best day.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Korg
@thegentlemanrogue said:
"Wolverine Annual '99: Wolverine works over DP easily with a pipe until he is distracted by a Werewolf."
This is the best part of this thread.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Deadpool and Wolverine both take hits that they could dodge because they know they will heal. Deadpool relies on his healing factor to take care of injuries he could otherwise avoid using his speed and agility.  

As I've said, can you provide examples of serious combat where Deadpool has done such?  There are plenty of "comedic" scenes, which are just stupid and he isn't taking them seriously (for example, the one shot where he's fighting ninjas while on his cell)

His fighting style heavily incorporates his healing factor, and has for many years.  

Not really, since the beginning his healing factor wasn't great.  Hell, he lost by having 3 daggers hit his back.   

A perfect example of how much he relies on it is the issue in which he has to get Hulk's blood to restore his own healing factor 

He was under the impression he was weakening and he had to do so to save his life.  His healing factor keeps his cancer in check.

If Deadpool "lets" people hit him while in serious combat, it's just a writer showcasing his healing factor... The same crappy treatment Wolverine has recieved by quite a few, too. 
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg said:
" @thegentlemanrogue said:
"Wolverine Annual '99: Wolverine works over DP easily with a pipe until he is distracted by a Werewolf."
This is the best part of this thread. "
What can I say about comics in the 90s? lol
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mavfan626
@Vance Astro said:

" @mavfan626 said:

That's the point i'm trying to make though. It shouldn't have happened.Wolverine's other showings clearly suggest his superiority in combat so the fact that he even has trouble with Deadpool is ridiculous. They shouldn't be trading blows. 
If you look at Deadpool's feats outside of what he's done against Wolverine he's never done anything to suggest he can keep up with a combatant of his caliber.
Deadpool been up against great fighters before it's ridiculous that you think Deadpool can't at the least trade blows with Wolverine. Deadpool was more then a match for Shatterstar ending it with punch to the gust & "We ant equals" then a pro MA like Iron fist he able to keep up and then if it wasn't for the fact that Deadpool distracted could of beat Cable who is a experienced fighter.    

You haven't seen any foot claw feats? I don't know what you're expecting to see but she has more than proven she can use them effectively.I know that Wolverine and Deadpool have had encounters outside of what Way has written, however he is to blame for perpetuating the idea that Deadpool is at all a match for Wolverine. How you think Deadpool is a better killer than X-23 is beyond me. 

Why, because he's a Merc? What are you basing that on.Deadpool isn't far better than here at anything.Anyone that Deadpool has ever killed I don't doubt X-23 could have also.Maybe even easier.

I think this because Deadpool has also consistently showed it and in each of these scan Deadpool was never hurt or tag. She could do it but she would have more trouble then Deadpool doing it, their for Deadpool is a better killer/assassin.      

They really aren't even comparable. Reflexes isn't debatable.If X-23 if faster than Wolverine I doubt reflexes don't go with it. I don't know anyone with superhuman speed and just OK reflexes.

Deadpool reflexes has been able to let him dodge a kick from typhiod mary from right in front of his face also been able to out react the like of T-ray and dodge full clips shoot at him by the paladin. dodge the fix to the point that he was point were he was able to be in reach of an by a knife. dodge bullseye easily. He has the reflexes to beat X-23. 

Deadpool is just about all round superior to X-23. X-23 only has her Claws Deadpool with Sub machine guns, Grenades and Swords will be able to uses his weapons to take her out.  
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mavfan626
@The Dark Huntress said:

" @mavfan626: X using the foot claws. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
"
In both them scans there was no way for them to react eg: a bear wouldn't dodge and it looks like wolverine was on the ground.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@thegentlemanrogue:  
I have a serious problem with this. 

Wolverine 88: Deadpool wins, but Wolverine has no healing factor.   

Healing factor wasn't a big concern for either combatant.  Deadpool countered him in combat and stabbed clean through both of logan's lungs.

Deadpool 27, Wolverine walked all over DP... but Wade was crazier than usual and hallucinating.   

I'm curious as to how you define walked all over...Because it was a VERY even back and forth, until Deadpool STOPS fighting due to the hallucination and Wolverine takes advantage of that.

Wolv

erine Annual '99: Wolverine works over DD easily with a pipe until he is distracted by a Werewolf.   

You left out how after Wolverine attacks him, Deadpool tackles him off the roof...

Wolverine 154: Wolverine walks all over DP, DP pulls out a win do to prep.   

They have an even back and forth yet again, then DP uses the tranq gun.

Wolverine 155: brief skirmish no winner.   

By your logic, Deadpool "walked all over" him.  Deadpool lands...what? 3-4 hits? Wolverine landed 0 LOL

Cable / Deadpool 09: Deadpool betrays and shoots Wolverine and Bishop in back, its unclear what happens after that, when they are seen next Cable has them in a tk field.   

Word, no reason to include it though.

Cable / Deadpool 43: Wolverine gets the drop on Wade and chops of his head.    

Just to clear things up (in case people think it), Wolverine attacks Wade when Wade pats him on the back.  Some people might think "Gets the drop on him" means they were in actual combat. 

Cable / Deadpool 44: They go blow for blow briefly before Wolverine disarms him and pins him to a wall.   

Yup.

Messiah Complex: Wolverine stabs an alternate future DP in the brain, doesn't seem to do much.  

Pretty dumb writing, IMHO lol

Wolverine Origins: Deadpool is heavliy prepped, Wolverine is shown to have a solid edge in any melee encounter, Deadpool eventually wins BUT Wolverine threw the fight intentionally.  

And so begins Way's bastarding of Deadpool LOL

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FinalStar86
@k4tzm4n: Nice catch
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86:
Thanks.  It's not that he gave false information or anything, but I feel some weren't accurate or giving credit to the fights.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FinalStar86
@k4tzm4n said:
" @FinalStar86: Thanks.  It's not that he gave false information or anything, but I feel some weren't accurate or giving credit to the fights. "
I'm more impressed by the fact that you've read all of those instances
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86:
When I grow to really like a character, I make it my goal to read as much of them as possible.  Deadpool was my favorite for 2-3 years... I did a lot of back reading lol
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FinalStar86
@k4tzm4n said:
" @FinalStar86:
When I grow to really like a character, I make it my goal to read as much of them as possible.  Deadpool was my favorite for 2-3 years... I did a lot of back reading lol "
Aye I've been trying to get more into Deadpool but some of his older stuff is ridiculously overpriced including his last series.  I got all of the C/DP tradeabacks and I'm up to date with Merc with a Mouth and his current series.  I have some of his older stuff, what I'm trying to get now is the issue where he did an uppercut on Kitty Pryde and the other instance where he kicked Captain America in the balls.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@FinalStar86:
Yeah, that series was still sorta pricey when I got into him.  On average I was paying $5-$7 per issue... I'm missing about 4 issues from that series =(
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@mavfan626 said:

In both them scans there was no way for them to react eg: a bear wouldn't dodge and it looks like wolverine was on the ground. "

The Bear and Wolverine played their cards wrong thus they were victims of X-23's claws.The bear couldn't dodge because it didn't see the attack coming (It was in the middle of attacking) and Wolverine couldn't because he was dumb enough grab her leg while already in a bad position.
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mavfan626
@Vance Astro said:

" @mavfan626 said:

In both them scans there was no way for them to react eg: a bear wouldn't dodge and it looks like wolverine was on the ground. "

The Bear and Wolverine played their cards wrong thus they were victims of X-23's claws.The bear couldn't dodge because it didn't see the attack coming and Wolverine couldn't because he was dumb enough grab her leg while already in a bad position. "
yes they were both in bad positions, bears ant really known for their dodging capability's anyway and like you said it was a dumb move on wolverine part. Both seem to be easy shots.