Wyldsong vs Cosmically alt. comic tourney (Voting)

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikep12

Rules:

1. Characters receive no prep (unless bought from the store)

2. Characters cannot summon allies or any types of minions

3. Characters are not allowed to remove each other from the battle field.

4. All participants receive 75 points

5. Characters are allowed feats from there extended universes (movies, books, TV)

6. You can spend this points at the store to by characters and abilities but choose wisely and try not to pick one character who you think is op and not have for others

7. Win by death, KO, or incapitation

8. Morals are standard unless specified

@cosmicallyaware1

Team: (Red)

Invinicble

Spawn: Downing

Darth Vader

Solar Man of the Atom (Valiant)

Perks/abilities:

Telepathy resistance 1x

Soul resistance 1x

@wyldsong

Team: (Blue)

Witchblade: Sara

Aspen

Darkness

Fatomah

Perks/abilities:

Telepathic resistance x2

1 Hour Prep

Aphrodite Battle Computer

Basic knowledge (Skills and abilities)

Mission/Map:

Capture the flag! Teams must work together to capture and bring back the other teams flag!

No Caption Provided

The map has a length of of 60 miles as well as a width of 60 miles. Red team starts at point E on the map while Blue starts at US on the map. There is a shield 20 miles in length and 20 miles in width around both E and the US which serve as one of each of your teams bases. This shield prevents the other team from teleporting and going intangible within it. At points D, C, A, and B on the map are groups of civilians, 50 each. There are 3 navy boats sailing the near by water but will not attack your team and are simply handling every day business as well as dozens of fishers, water skiers, and simple boat riders that will be riding around the waters. Good luck to you both. Begin!

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Wyldsong

@cosmicallyaware1: Got a few things happening between today and tomorrow, so feel free to start us off my friend=)

@mikep12: Left me with the Witchblade, sounds good=)

Should be interesting.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@wyldsong said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Got a few things happening between today and tomorrow, so feel free to start us off my friend=)

This is gonna be sweet man! OP objective sounds interesting....

I probably won't get a chance to start this until tomorrow. Maaaaayb late tonight but no promises!

Btw......all I gotta say is: dude, I'm rockin out with valiant Solar. Good luck.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NeonGameWave

This is going to be interesting!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wyldsong

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@wyldsong said:

This is gonna be sweet man! OP objective sounds interesting....

I probably won't get a chance to start this until tomorrow. Maaaaayb late tonight but no promises!

Btw......all I gotta say is: dude, I'm rockin out with valiant Solar. Good luck.

Solar is the reason I chose one of the two new characters that I did=)

It will be interesting to say the least=)

Take your time though, we are in no rush.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@wyldsong: ok then sir, let's dive into this now shall we?

No Caption Provided

Introductions!!!!

Invincible

No Caption Provided

Mark Grayson is the hero Invincible, whom is a Viltrumite/Human hybrid (similar to Kryptonian, just bit lower level...and no heat vision, x-ray vision or freeze breath). Mark is one of the greatest heroes on Earth and is the son of Omni-man. Invincible is a true hero to the very end.

Strength -

Invincible can press over 400 tons. Shortly after his father was exiled form earth he was able to help lift out of the water a 300 000 ton plus cruise liner. However he's strength has increased exponentially since that was stated. Currently as confirmed by Conquest he is nearly as strong as even his father and is slated to surpass him in the future. His strength is as such, that coupled with his speed he was able to destroy a planet by flying in its core with the aid of 2 other Viltrumites.

Invulnerability -

Like his Hero Name, Mark Grayson is Invulnerable to almost all harm. He can withstand the blast of Nuclear missiles with little damage. However, repeated punches of great force such as those from other Viltrumites can harm him over time. This invulnerability extends to mental domination and transmutation, however a certain virus has been seen to bypass this invulnerability and kill Viltrumites, leading to their small population. His most recent feat of durability is surviving a planetary explosion of the planet Viltrum even when he himself was near the epicenter of the actual blast in the center of the planet.

Endurance -

Mark is able to endure extreme physical trauma that would otherwise kill a normal person, such as numerous broken bones, skull fractures, and even disembowelment. On one such occasion he has continues fighting even after been impaled by a fist through his abdomen and having his guts ripped out of his body (though he's passed out shortly after)

Speed -

He was once said to be able to fly from earth to mars in only a few days. However he has been shown to have increased his flight speed since then. It is now known that his flying speed is on par with his father's who was able to fly from Earth to Alpha Centuri in a week (on one breathe of air) which entrails moving 250 times the speed of light

Darth Vader

No Caption Provided

Really no introduction needed but here's one anyway. Once one of the most powerful Jedi Knights, Anakin Skywalker swore loyalty to Sith Lord Darth Sidious in order to gain the power of the dark side of the Force. Vader betrayed the Jedi Order and his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi. With the rise of the Galactic Empire, Darth Vader became the Emperor's dark enforcer. He carried out the Emperor's will, and commanded legions of Imperial troops. Vader was tasked with discovering the Jedi and exterminating them from existence. He was one of the most powerful of Sith and an extraordinarily dangerous opponent in any universe. He weilds powerful Force powers and the versatile deadly weapon....the lightsaber.

The Lightsaber:

A lightsaber blade was a mass-less form that neither radiated heat nor expended energy until it came into contact with something solid. The power of the energy blade was so great that it could cut through almost anything, although the speed through which it cut depended on the density of the subject. One important note about lightsaber wounds is that they rarely bled profusely, even when a limb had been severed. This is because the energy blade cauterized the wound as it passed, and thus even a severe wound did not tend to bleed heavily.

The Force:

The force is used in variety of ways by many users and the most typical forms used are:

Feats such as strong TK use (grasping, pushing, pulling and squeezing objects)

Speed:

Vader utilizes hypersonic burst speed skills (travel and reactionary)

Fighting Skill:

Vader was one of the most skilled and accomplished Jedi of all time with exceptional dueling skills.

Spawn (Jim Downing)

No Caption Provided

Became Spawn after Al Simmons departed from the role. Downing in fact one of gods most powerful angels!!! He utilized all the same powers that his predecessor did, albiet some new variations........

Now I have a lot of info here on him (thanks to @indiecomicsftw) and just want to give a brief rundown oh his base abilities and can go into deeper detail later on............wanna save all the scans n such for the debate itself on this one.......

Strength

Speed

Darkness Powers

Healing and Regen

Necro Powers

Angel Form

and some other surprises......... saving those for later as well......

No Caption Provided

and now for the main event................

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you with great honor............

Solar, Man of The Atom (Valiant version)

No Caption Provided

That's right. HIM. For those of you who are not aware of Solar (which many aren't I believe), let me educated you. Think Captain Atom, Firestorm, Dr.Manhattan, Spectrum/Photon, Silver Surfer all kinda rolled into one.........and you get Phil Seleski.

He first appeared in a comic book published by Gold Key Comics in the 1960s. He has since appeared in other incarnations in books published by Valiant Comics in the 1990s, and Dark Horse Comics in the 2000s.

Doctor Phil Seleski a physicist, is involved in an accident while testing a new fusion reactor that he designed. He tries to stop a meltdown by jumping into the reactor. It turns him into a being of pure energy. Able to control energy and since everything is made of energy he has the powers of a god but the mind of a man. Later he finds out he really designed a wish machine that went haywire and exploded because it's what he wished, to become Doctor Solar the childhood comic hero.

Powers:

Solar's powers are over energy as he is a being of pure energy. He can convert himself or other energy to matter and back again, He can also manipulate matter at the atomic and sub-atomic level. He is an insanely powerful transmuter / matter manipulator that makes Firestorm look like a joke. His powers are limited by his mind's ability to think them up. He has split himself into more than one "being" so that he may stay on earth and search the universe at the same time. He can absorb a sun, and even bond with one. He has the ability to travel outside of space-time where reality doesn't exist. He does follow the laws of conservation as he can run low on energy. The limits of his power was never found as he never was killed.

Energy Projection

Solar projects energy in varied forms as offensive weapon in addition to using his Transmutation abilities.

Energy Absorbtion

Solar absorbs energies akin to how Surfer and others use this technique. He drains beings and objects of their power. He has shown the ability to drain off the energy of an entire Sun.

Transmutation / Matter re-arrangement

Ahhhhhhh, this is where he shines. He is a high level, no holds barred genius in this category. Whereas some individuals can only affect either organic or inorganic materials, Seleski can alter both with ease. Yes, he transmutes living beings (in one instance he transmuted a woman's head so that a bullet harmlessly passed through the brain, as she was unharmed.) here's just a few minor examples (saving the rest for later)

Now he can also do many other things such as increase his strength levels, phase/intangibility, create radiation, move at FTL speeds and teleport, heal himself and others, and is impervious to physical harm.

No Caption Provided

so here's what you can look forward to............

No Caption Provided

Opener and My plan:

well now. as far as the OP states:

The map has a length of of 60 miles as well as a width of 60 miles. Red team starts at point E on the map while Blue starts at US on the map. There is a shield 20 miles in length and 20 miles in width around both E and the US which serve as one of each of your teams bases. This shield prevents the other team from teleporting and going intangible within it. At points D, C, A, and B on the map are groups of civilians, 50 each. There are 3 navy boats sailing the near by water but will not attack your team and are simply handling every day business as well as dozens of fishers, water skiers, and simple boat riders that will be riding around the waters

SO....

• There even though the battlefield is 60 miles long, there is actually only 20 miles of open field taking into consideration the 40 miles of shielding around each "base" at opposing ends of the map. Now as far as this "shield" is concerned..........no teleporting or going intangible within/through it? what does that mean....that we can walk in the radius then? need to clear that up. How do we get in to capture the other's flag then?
  • Invincible will be receiving the TP perk Soul resistance
  • Vader will begin traversing the right side of the map (as we are looking down on it) that is land, in hypersonic bursts
  • Invincible will take to the air, head on over to the "bay" area and take up on of those Navy boats to throw into your shields. Wait, is this "morals on" in character? or "morals off/bloodlusted"? that is a big consideration for Invincible's actions at least......
  • Downing Spawn heads to negate/confont the witchblade
  • Solar will handle Aspen and Darkness first. Everything is a form of energy in some way right? especially at the atomic and sub atomic level? No Elemental (water) or Darkness manipulation for you!!! And seeing as his travel time is instant (FTL!!!).......good luck defending. here's one thing in particular that will really hurt Darkness when up against Solar:

A primary weakness of the Darkness is that it only functions in the absence of light. When light hits anything created of the Darkness it vanishes, and Jackie cannot access his power in the light.

so all in all, my Plan is to hit it hard, hit it fast, and accomplish the goal of :

Capture the flag! Teams must work together to capture and bring back the other teams flag

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Take your time, I will drop something in a day or so. Quick question, not that it matters with my team, but which character get's your perks?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@wyldsong said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Take your time, I will drop something in a day or so. Quick question, not that it matters with my team, but which character get's your perks?

finished editing previous post. answer to you question is : Invincible. So back to you man..........

No Caption Provided
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cosmicallyaware1:

Wyldsong usually uses Doppel Jackie instead of regular during these tournaments, Same powers and all with just a the tiny difference of light having no effect on him so GL if its allowed. :)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1:

Wyldsong usually uses Doppel Jackie instead of regular during these tournaments, Same powers and all with just a the tiny difference of light having no effect on him so GL if its allowed. :)

cool. makes it more interesting and challenging then right?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus said:

@cosmicallyaware1:

With Solar in the mix, heck yes I am using Jackie D (my name for the dopple-Jackie), though he is not my big gun here.

I'll try and get a post up tomorrow, been exceedingly busy the past few days.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@wyldsong said:

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@pr0metheus said:

@cosmicallyaware1:

With Solar in the mix, heck yes I am using Jackie D (my name for the dopple-Jackie), though he is not my big gun here.

I'll try and get a post up tomorrow, been exceedingly busy the past few days.

right on man, I'm, feelin ya on that same here on the exceedingly busy thing lol.......

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wyldsong

@cosmicallyaware1: Good god, I had this whole thing all typed perfectly yesterday, scans set, written out nicely, and my PC crashes...to top it off I have been sick and hacking up a lung...ugh...here we go again...at least I saved a good chunk of the writing=P

We may not get much actual debate time, because for this round, life and illness has interfered, so this post will big, broken into two posts and chock full of information should I only get this response in.

So, Solar, Man of the Atom...to be honest, I am not sure how effectively anybody, including myself will argue against him. The Valiant version of the character is a beast, and has a lot of disgusting feats and abilities to his name, and while some of it is quite often oversold, he is still probably the most absolutely absurdly powerful character in this tourney by himself (please note that distinction). This will be a big post. It has to be, as there is a lot of misinformation on the Valiant Solar, and I am not saying that you are propagating any of it my friend, but people are going to come into this thinking that you are using a high tier energy/molecular/reality manipulator who operates on a multiversal scale...which if you start adding in the stuff from Dark Horse and Acclaim...then they might be right to think that. As it is, you have a high tier energy and molecular manipulator, which will be hard enough to contend with.

Please bear in mind, since my team has basic knowledge and prep, my tactics and plans will change as I learn more about your team and their powers (if I get a shot at another post).

The Darkness:

No Caption Provided

You seem to have your main guy set up to go after Jackie boy here. While I can understand the sentiment of wanting to take down a top dog and all, he isn't the one Solar should be worried about, and quite often, what we plan, rarely pans out.

Now, let us address one major thing: Darkness is not energy. Maybe in Solar's world of science, everything can be classified as energy in some shape or form, but Jackie is not from Solar's world, and unless you can show me Solar actively manipulating shadows and darkness, and making something real of it, then he is not touching Jackie's ability. A shadow is just a shadow until Jackie makes it into something more.

The closest thing Solar has seen to Jackie is probably Dr Eclipse, and he doesn't use abstract darkness, he uses some necromantic type magical energy from Master Darque, which does not equate to the same forces Jackie D wields. The Darkness is an abstract force, something that is outside the bounds of science and human understanding:

Jackie is equivalent of a molecular manipulator with the Darkness (and Jackie D is basically Jackie still with his memories and such):

No Caption Provided

He can create a type of darkness energy projection, capable of tearing up giants:

He can generate electricity:

No Caption Provided

Create water (he can even change the darkness based attacks of another):

No Caption Provided

Working computers:

No Caption Provided

Corrosive solvents:

No Caption Provided

He was under the influence of another force at the time, hence the "barely keeping it together" statement, which had nothing to do with the solvent.

And even rebuild someone cell by cell:

No Caption Provided

Or he can cause the darkness to quite simply go “boom”:

No Caption Provided

And I still haven't even touched on the fact that he can create complex life capable of bearing him a child, can create labyrinths capable of changing it's internal pathways on its own, supernatural drugs, and so on.

He is inundated with it down to the cellular/molecular level:

No Caption Provided

He has carried a dagger made from several suns within his body, and was able to keep on regenerating (so the lightsaber is about useless against any version of Jackie):

Read from right to left.

But of course, when I talk about Jackie D, the infamous dopple-Jackie, he is complete darkness, through and through, with complete control over his structure/form:

No Caption Provided

And I do mean a very malleable form be it Jackie or Jackie D:

Sometimes even up to Godzilla proportions:

No Caption Provided

And Jackie D is a being of pure Darkness that is fully capable of walking under the sun:

There goes your light theory=)

And as for why I state this is an abstract force, what he creates isn't really real, but it mimics real things. The best example of this is what happens to normal Jackie's creations when faced with the sunlight:

But Jackie Ds darklings (those were Jackie's pictured above) have even travelled to home of the Angelus, the original source of all light created when god said, "Let there be light", so yes, a realm of a being of light:

No Caption Provided

Sorry to keep busting up the light weakness theory...

Jackie D works outside the bounds of science, and is the equivalent of a molecular manipulator as stated with the darkness. He wields a force of creation that is older than time. It is also one of thirteen artifacts, that when brought together, rewrites reality, and as such, has survived the rewriting of reality several times:

Read these from right to left...

I just wanted to show that scene, because it is awesome, and drives home the reality rewrite, though it should be brought up that Jackie D alone doesn't have the power to rewrite reality. Considering teh Darkness has come through rewrites of reality intact, that it is an abstract force and outside the bounds of science, and that Solar works in a world of science and that there is no energy for him to manipulate in abstract shadow and darkness, since what he creates is effectively real in a sense, but is still really only shadow and darkness, Jackie D will be just fine, unless of course you can show Solar manipulating the abstract darkness.

The Darkness has taken down an evil Invincible, but it should also be noted, that the Darkness has been shown capable of hanging with and drawing blood from Superman in a crossover (since we do get crossover feats):

And that his darklings are more than capable of containing Supes, at least until he uses vision and the sun comes up (this was before Jackie D came around):

Read these from right to left...

And he can create a lot of them in no time at all:

And to clarify a point before we go on, since it was an issue in my last round, here was what I posted in that round on summoning minions/allies after getting clarification on the rule from @mikep12:

Summons and Darklings: Darklings are about as much of a minion or ally as are the puppets or clay figures. They are crafted and created from darkness, and as such are legal to use and summon. The minion/ally summoning rule was to preclude people with the ability from bringing outside additional help to the playing field, like summoning Trigon, Superman, or an army of Storm Troopers and such.

His creations can also teleport, and have displayed various other darkness powers themselves:

And he can also create dopplegangers and various other more advanced constructs, capable of thought and acting on their own:

He can make these advanced constructs look like whatever he wants:

No Caption Provided

I should also mention that Jackie can sense things in shadows and darkness, tracking foes and their secrets:

He doesn't have to be there face to face to meet your team:

Darkness is in just about everything:

Inside foes, under clothing/armor, inside weapons, and so on...so really the majority of your team can neutralized fairly easily. Your team may be fast, but they can't outrun the darkness inside of them...oh, he can also travel the shadows:

Create portals:

Can drag other people through the shadows:

And for telepaths trying to enter the mind of the Darkness...it doesn't ever end very well for them:

Downing's darkness control? Nothing compared to Jackie D's. He is quite simply someone who can manipulate the shadows somewhat. The Darkness belongs to Jackie D, let's be clear here. Jackie can create working computer's, living labyrinths, life capable of bearing him children, water, guns, grenades, and pretty much anything he can think of from the shadows and dark places. I have seen quite a bit of Downing's darkness control, and it just doesn't compare to what Jackie can do. Downing tries working with the shadows, he may not like what he finds there. If Downing wants to test his control against the Darkness itself...well this is about what would happen to his little creations:

No Caption Provided

Jackie can even break regular matter down into darkness:

No Caption Provided

So, the equivalent of a molecular manipulator with an abstract force, check:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aspen Matthews:

No Caption Provided

One thing I did not touch on in the above...your team has no clue as to who or what they are facing here. So how does Solar even know who or what he is going after? I have knowledge and prep on my side, plus with Jackie D's powers, I can learn even more. My team knows pretty much what they are facing, and your team is in the dark (no pun intended).

Let's try a little exercise, point out a being made of pure water in this photo, especially when you don't even know that being exists:

No Caption Provided

Solar isn't omnipotent, and all knowing, and if it turns out that somehow I missed the feat, and he is, then I have to call foul, as there is no way anyone in this tourney can beat that. The time travel itself already makes it nearly impossible for anyone to argue against you, since at best, we have Simmons on the list somewhere who can only stop time himself...but I digress. Solar has no knowledge of my team, or what they can do. He may be responsible for the creation of super powered types in the Valiant U, but he had nothing to do with the creation of my team and has absolutely no knowledge on them. He doesn't know to go after Aspen or Jackie, or their powers, but my team with their knowledge will know which targets to pick.

Now, Solar is the superior energy manipulator here versus Aspen. She won't try and challenge him on that front, and will stick strictly with the water stuff, and will be low key on her tactics. Just a little tidbit on her water control:

Both of the races Aspen is descended from are beings that live deep in the ocean's depths. From her Blue heritage, Aspen gained the abilities and powers of an Elite Blue. As such, she can manipulate water:

She can tag multiple foes with pinpoint accuracy and can cover large areas with her attacks:

Did I also mention that she can turn into water form?

And she can even take flight if she needs to:

No Caption Provided

Not to mention some various other applications:

She can also take out a military submarine:

One shot an entire naval fleet:

Not to mention that she has also tagged fighter jets:

No Caption Provided

Used water to perform some sonar type stuff to track foes:

She also has water shielding, which is bullet proof, and explosion proof (should be more than capable of tanking some hits):

Can do some TK style trapping and movement:

No Caption Provided

To add to the control of her form, she had her body completely disintegrated once upon a time:

She reforms as energy, channels the blue sun, and then reforms her body:

Pretty darn good control over her own molecular structure there...

She can also move pretty darn fast in the water:

And can manipulate the water inside the fleshies (doesn't have to kill anyone, she could simply remove enough water from a brain to make them pass out):

As well, she has the all important telepathic resistance feat.

And let's end part one with a little Aspen hawtness...

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wyldsong

@cosmicallyaware1: Part deux...

The Witchblade:

No Caption Provided

Believe it or not, Sara will be taking a back seat this particular battle...but the Witchblade will be front and center. Sara will be moved to a safe place far from the battle by my team so as not to get caught in anything, since she will for all intents and purposes be defenseless.

To be honest, this was a tactic I was going to avoid, but since time travel was brought up, I now have to amp this battle to the next level, in ways that feel beyond cheap to me, but against someone who can travel time, what are you going to do? I am just going to hit this fast and hard with this tactic, as our time to debate is short, and you have Solar on your team.

Let me throw out some explanations here about the Witchblade. I have had to explain several times over, and in at least two battle threads, and people have not gotten this idea through their heads, but it is really quite simple, and easy to see. The Witchblade is not some magic weapon like Mjolnir or Wonder Woman's lasso. It is in fact, a living being of sorts...well, an abstract being that defies all science and rules of reality. It was born of two abstract forces, The Angelus and the Darkness:

No Caption Provided

Much like the Darkness, it is one of thirteen artifacts, that when brought together, rewrites reality, and it has made it through each rewrite. It has thoughts, wants and feelings:

And anger issues at times...

And is in fact, the titular character of the Witchblade book, as Ron Marz has pointed out:

"Be aware that the title of the book is Witchblade, not "Sara Pezzini." -- Ron Marz

Sara is not the Witchblade, she wields the Witchblade. Let's also point out, that this very website labels items like Mjolnir, as an object:

http://www.comicvine.com/mjolnir/4055-40971/

The Witchblade is labeled as a character:

http://www.comicvine.com/witchblade/4005-18319/

This is a very important distinction to make, as the Witchblade's powers and showings are NOT limited to a bearer. Every power it has shown, belongs to the Witchblade and Witchblade alone, and most of it's showings of various powers, are the doing of the Witchblade, and has nothing to do with a bearer or their experience. It learns and adapts on it's own, hence it's billion or so crazy powers:

No Caption Provided

On the higher end, it has killed gods/abstracts/things that should not be:

Sealed holes in reality while simultaneously ending another thing that should not be:

Sent bearer's on a trip through the past to view some events, given visions of the future, and changed the past:

Let's add to the fact that it has the added benefit of being able to enhance those with supernatural powers. Since I get access to the crossover media, let's point out that Wonder Woman, who is definitely supernaturally based with her deific origins, received a bit of a boost while wearing it:

Normally I'd argue that the JLA would have stood a better chance against Wonder Woman...

It has combined it's powers with Lady Death, and enhanced her power to allow them take down a seemingly unbeatable foe:

Right to left...got to love getting my previously loaded scans...

And here, again, another supernatural enhancement to beat another foe:

Right to left...

And a meeting with Sara and the Witchblade and Lady Death to combine forces with LD's mystical sword to bring down yet another bad guy:

Right to left here as well...

Now, the Witchblade can be transferred to others. And yes, it has been willing to leave Sara and Sara has given it up before if she felt there was a need. And against Solar, I can make a killer argument for there being a need. As this post is already ungodly long, I'll bypass those scans for now, but if requested, I'll bring them to light. Needless to say, it can temporarily go to or be given to others. Which leads me to my next and final character...

Fantomah, Mystery Woman of the Jungle:

No Caption Provided

So if you thought the Darkness was the one you should be focused, well let's readjust that focus and shatter some illusions. Solar, Man of the Atom, meet Fantomah, Mystery Woman of the Jungle.

So what makes old skull face a match for Solar? She is probably one of the first reality warpers in comics, and is all supernaturally based. Taking away powers, controlling people, merging people into one being, creating moon like orbs that attract only an alien race sticking them to it and sending them to Mars, and so on:

Yeah, kind of weird I know...but I didn't write it, so whatever=)

No worries though, by herself, she isn't exactly on the level of Mxy or "No More Mutants" Scarlet Witch.

Here is a more recent showing from when she was freed from a device called the godbox:

She even has the ability to grant powers to others. Once upon a time, some characters with some knowledge and prep took advantage of a weakness, and they were able to trap her in a device, and created a machine, called the “godbox”. This device could grant powers to normal people thanks to Fantomah's reality warping ability:

No Caption Provided

And it can even grant multiple powers at various levels depending on the settings:

Resistance to molecular tampering, speed enhancements and so on...are now all possible=)

With her ability to warp reality around her, grant and take away powers…she is already at a fairly ridiculous threat level. So what happens when Sara let’s her borrow the Witchblade, another plot device type being which amps the powers of the supernatural, and we can just give her the combat computer for fun, which reads foes down to a genetic level and predicts foes and such…and then we top that with knowledge on our opponents and prep? Did I mention she will also have the combat computer that predicts foes in combat, breaks them down intel wise to the genetic level, how they fight, and so on? And even though she would probably be alright, she'll get the other TP resistance feat.

I am also going to toss this out there, mainly because I have seen this instance brought up a few times in a few different threads, and I want it clarified before people come in, read this debate, and start screaming that Solar has defeated a reality warper in her own dimension (not saying you were going to make that claim). The instance I am referencing deals with Silver Sky. Once upon a time in a meeting with Solar, she teleported herself, Solar, and a few other people to another dimension:

No Caption Provided

And while it is termed as her dimension, that is all she ever does, is teleport people in, out and through the dimension. She doesn't alter reality, create things, change people, control them, and so on. She is never termed as being a god or whatever. Per the books, she is simply a human gateway, a teleporter through her own little dimensional space:

No Caption Provided

And the only thing Solar did to beat her, was to teleport some people out of that space:

No Caption Provided

Now, what about Solar destroying and recreating reality? Shouldn't that put him above a reality warper? Well, as always with the feat, people are missing the context behind it, and of course misleading phrases in the books. Let me preface the rest of this thought with, Solar is exceedingly, disgustingly powerful. There is no doubt about that. He manipulates energy down to the atomic level to the point that he is also effectively an energy manipulator. He can do it on a massive scale, but is not a reality warper. To clarify the feat though, he lost control of his powers, and inadvertently destroyed the Earth (his "reality" as it were) with a huge black hole, but discusses several times the idea of accidentally destroying his planet, not all of reality:

And as per the seen scan, he goes further back in time, finds a planet similar to Earth in another quantum reality and plays around with things to recreate his Earth, but guides it a bit:

He did not recreate all of reality, he simply manipulated a planet that was already there, as he even admits in the above scans, that on a planetary level, he cannot create a planet from nothing, and cannot create life on a lifeless rock. He simply found a planet that was already there with some form of life on it, and guided it, making small changes here and there to remake his Earth. Now, if you start digging into the Acclaim and Dark Horse versions...then there is no debate to even be had here. While I can take a localized reality warper and amp her with the Witchblade...that still doesn't equate to someone who can become one with all of time and space like the Dark Horse version seemingly did from scans I have seen.

(I do need to add a shout out to @killemall, whose posts I found on the vine in a few Solar threads, where I learned quite a bit about the Solar misconceptions from, and of course I stole a few scans from him...)

Time Manipulation:

No Caption Provided

I really hope this isn't brought into play, as it is not a common tactic for Solar, to simply travel time and undo and change things. There are plenty of times that he could have changed the past throughout the Valiant run, and he did not except when he initially went to find an alternate planet to recreate the Earth on:

No Caption Provided

And while there may be an instance I am missing, he has only stopped time once that I have seen. There are plenty of instances where either ability would have proven helpful...but with a supernatural reality warper enhanced with the Witchblade (something with proven temporal abilities of it's own) and having prep...I think we can just safely put the time travel bit away for this battle.

Fantomah is really just my answer to keep Solar in check. Without prep and the Witchblade on her side, Solar could in all honestly take her. But a reality warper with IXs combat computer, the Witchblade, knowledge and prep...

The Plan:

No Caption Provided

Your team will be heading on over to hit hard and fast. You may have specific targets in mind for your guys, but they have no idea who or what they are facing. They don't know the power sets involved, and have no prep to back them up. They are rushing in, in force, hoping to kick down the doors, kick some arse, and take some names. And had they been facing any other team, it might have been an easy going and successful plan...but my team has the prep round on their side, to set a few things up before the battle starts.

Jackie D and his creations are a bit light resistant as you have seen, and have the added benefit of having a reality warper with the Witchblade enhancing her on their side. So besides the fact that Solar has no hope of manipulating the abstract darkness to begin with, things will be just that much more difficult for him. You see, my whole plan, as it was in the last round, is truly one of avoidance. Jackie D can create a little something like this inside the base:

No Caption Provided

With the help of Fantomah, this ever changing maze that your team can't hope to manipulate, teleport through, or phase through, will be quite something and really won't take much time at all to create, since Jackie has done it before and we have friggin reality warper with the Witchblade, which can also tap into the darkness. We may even darken the sky above for effect=)

To make this even better, those higher functioning constructs and dopplegangers? So while your team may think they are facing my team, they will actually be facing those, and while they won't be as powerful as my real team members, they will be enough to make a fight of it with Darklings backing them and such. Win or lose, it doesn't really matter, as Jackie D can always just make more, and they'll never be really facing my team, unless Fantomah needs to step in to deal with Solar directly. And since your team has no knowledge on my team or their powersets, your team will be none the wiser. Add to that the darklings capable of handling tonners (like Supes) and so on...it should be fun. With the darkness being able to take the shape of an amorphous blob, the walls, floors, and ceiling could become an ever moving and reforming mass of grabbing tentacles and blobs, with no real center mass to attack, just to add to the fun and confusion:

Between Fantomah and Jackie D, there won't much Downing's little shadow tricks can do to help the situation. The shadows will be kept on lockdown for him. And the walls and darklings can be reformed if blasted. And if Solar gets a little antsy, Fantomah will be around=)

Now, let's say you do make it to the flag room, or something that looks like the flag room...remember how Jackie D can break down matter into darkness for his use and create stuff that for all intents and purposes is real, but isn't? You can grab the flag, or something that looks like the flag in whatever room your team ends up in, but without knowing the full extent of what you are facing, and their abilities, then you could very well grab the wrong flag, and never once have a clue about where the real flag is, if it even exists in a state that your team would realize what it is. And Fantomah's powers only complicate matters.

Aspen? Oh, she'll be in the water, in water form, staying quiet as a mouse, since no one but my team will know she is there, or that she even exists (no knowledge on my team and all). When your team storms the castle, Jackie D will send her a message via Darkling gram, and she'll speed off towards your base through the water. She can pretty much flood your base, and sonar it to be safe. With the ability to be as precise as she is with water, and the ability to hit and move things like a multi-hundred tonner with water, and do the TK style stuff, I think we can safely say she wouldn't risk drowning anyone, even though they won't be there. We'll send some Darklings with her as back up, and to contact Jackie D for aid if anything changes. She can snag the flag, maybe drop a fake one in its place, since I'll have two people capable of making one during the prep round, and speed back, snagging the win.

Since you don't have prep, and your guys will be storming the castle so to speak...they won't even have a fake for me to deal with. And that will be that.

Obligatory hawtness in bound:

No Caption Provided

Now to be honest, after this monster post, I will probably let you answer and leave it be. I don't really think there is much else for me to say, and with how busy the week has been with me being sick, I may not get on to do another post for this leg of the tourney, so hopefully this post speaks for itself. I am not sure how my tactics and choices will be seen, viewed or read, but seriously, I almost tapped out of this debate and just handed you this one...until the pieces kind of came together and this whole crazy scheme formulated in my twisted little brain.

All of that being said, win or lose this round @cosmicallyaware1, I do want to at some point face you in another one on one, with one character each, as I don't think with the power levels we have gotten ourselves into here that this particular outing will be a true showing of our skills against one another. It was fun coming up with this massive eye bleeding post and the strategy, but I think after this tourney, I need something a little more low key, and I would be honored if you'd face me in something like that.

Anyhow, get to your post when you can, if I can respond, I will, but if not, well I'll see you on the other side, and will congratulate you, win or lose=)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: apologize for delay. I am on a work trip/convention and do not have laptop! Trying to figure out how to reply. Bravo on your post btw....I am excited to be in a match with you and agree we need to do another for sure, lower levels

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: It is appreciated, and no worries brother man. Get to it when you can, and we will most definitely do another match that is not under a time constraint once this is all said and done. I just want to drop it down a notch power scale wise, as most of my recent CaV bouts have been Darkness level and up=)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@cosmicallyaware1: It is appreciated, and no worries brother man. Get to it when you can, and we will most definitely do another match that is not under a time constraint once this is all said and done. I just want to drop it down a notch power scale wise, as most of my recent CaV bouts have been Darkness level and up=)

my man, I'm back in action! getting to all replys/matches today. Whew! that was one heck of a post bro! I will hopefully have something yup later, this deserves quite the response. And yes, we do need to do another after this.....but by no means am I done here......I have been dying to use Solar for so long that I need to make sure that I put in respectable work here, got lots to say lol.....

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wyldsong

@cosmicallyaware1: Well, today closes this leg of the tourney, so get in what you can, if not, we will have another go at something between us. Not sure I'll have time for a proper response by the time this is all closed out today if you get something up. Honestly, regardless of who wins when votes come up, I would really consider this a wash in regards to records and such (for any that keep up with things like that), as time and life got in the way of this little battle. As for Solar, beyond pulling what I pulled in the above, not sure I have much else in my repertoire that can give him much of a good fight. All I can do with some of my upper tiers is stalemate him in a straight up fight=P

Though this thread has inspired me to at least check out the new Solar series (which consequently also got me on the new Magnus).

Anyhow, I'll PM you, and we can come up with some characters for a good CaV.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@wyldsong: total agreance with ya on many things here man:

Well, today closes this leg of the tourney, so get in what you can, if not, we will have another go at something between us

lmao probably wouldn't get anything up until the end of the night anyway, may just say..........meh.............

Honestly, regardless of who wins when votes come up, I would really consider this a wash in regards to records and such (for any that keep up with things like that)

agreed.

as time and life got in the way of this little battle

it sure did, once again....agreed

As for Solar, beyond pulling what I pulled in the above, not sure I have much else in my repertoire that can give him much of a good fight. All I can do with some of my upper tiers is stalemate him in a straight up fight=P

lol, in all honesty I should'nt have used him. So I give you credit for doing what you did at least. he's a beast only should only be allowed here under very certain circumstances. Even though I want to debate with him and give the proper showing he deserves. Maybe I can get somebody to do High Tier CaV with him, hmmmmmm

Though this thread has inspired me to at least check out the new Solar series (which consequently also got me on the new Magnus)

well that's a plus!!! I have liked the new series thus far, excited about the new launch of the Gold Key line........ (and loving the current Valiant stuff as well, top notch stuff...)

Anyhow, I'll PM you, and we can come up with some characters for a good CaV

Fantastic bro, sounds great. I see many bad ass matches in our future, glad this was an opportunity to become "vine buddies", have the utmost respect for ya......

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wyldsong
mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Alright I will read. Let me finish something first.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong put up a bit more info than I did. I say give it to him solely based on that, I wouldn't be offended. Shame on me for not giving this the attention it deserved, I'm gonna use Solar again if it kills me. this is the first time since I've been on the vine that I've gotten the opportunity to use him and I've tried many times before. oh well...............

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wyldsong

@cosmicallyaware1: Brother man, I am doing some reading on some fairly obscure characters as of late. If I can find one that will be a good match, I will give you the chance to fully bust out Solar=)

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wyldsong: Has my vote he put in a lot of effort and made great points lots of them and had more of a convincing argument but my boy @cosmicallyaware1 did a great job as he always dose I love his debates:) but wyldsong won my vote this round

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@wyldsong: Has my vote he put in a lot of effort and made great points lots of them and had more of a convincing argument but my boy @cosmicallyaware1 did a great job as he always dose I love his debates:) but wyldsong won my vote this round

word. I agree all around ;0

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@cosmicallyaware1: Brother man, I am doing some reading on some fairly obscure characters as of late. If I can find one that will be a good match, I will give you the chance to fully bust out Solar=)

my man!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@mikep12: @wyldsong: @cosmicallyaware1:

Solar is too powerful, I don't think there is anyone else in this tourney that is on his level. I really don't want to vote for anyone, as logic dictates the Wyld's team would have their hands full just dealing with Solar. Then the other team members on Cosmic's team could handle their business. But, there is an unfairness to Solar even being in this fight.

Good read, learned a lot about all of the characters. Fun reading about the darkness doppelganger & a lot of his weird powers. If you really put a gun to my head and made me vote, Cosmic's team would win. Wyld did a great job trying to handle him, but it's just not enough IMO.