#1 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

DarkRaiden at Icaropolis

Icaropolis

TheTrueBarryAllen, your team is setup in the Red Defense Zone of the Hilltop Castle.

You can position any of your troops anywhere within the Red Defense Zone.

You also have access to your Country's Strategic Reserve of Techno-Organic Wings.

You must protect your Leader, IcarusFlies from being killed or taken. He is within a special room that cannot be teleported into and is hardened.

You are ready for an attack but know nothing else.

DarkRaiden

You start at the Blue Insertion Zone of the Northern Fields.

You have 1 Hour of Prep (Unless you have the Big Blue Box) to use within the Blue Insertion Zone.

You must kill or capture the enemy Leader, IcarusFlies. To access the room, you need to get the access card from the enemy Commander.

You know where your target is but you know nothing of the defenses.

Rules:

You cannot Tele-BFR or Tele-Dismember or Tele-Drop.

You only have 4 posts to make your case. Any posts seeking clarification on an issue will not count so long as no debate is being had.

Prep may not interfere with your opponent only scout from the Insertion Zone.

Civilians are not present.

This is war, no other rules apply.

List Teams:

@thetruebarryallen

Commander - Deathstroke (N52) (Nth Metal Suit, Katana, Assault Rifle)

Lieutenant - Deadshot (Pre-52) (Standard Bulletproof Suit, Wrist Pistols)

• 3 Deadshot (New-52) (Anti-Metal Ammo [5] & Silencers for Pistols [2])
  • 3 Ultimate Hawkeye (3 Bows & Trick Arrows[6])
  • 3 Captain Rex/CT-7567 (1 AT-RT's)
  • 3 Batman (Pre-52) (2 Telekinesis Plasmids [2])

Lieutenant - Bane (Pre-52, No Venom)

• 3 Batman (Pre-52) (2 Telekinesis Plasmids [2])
  • 3 Captain Rex/CT-7567 (2 AT-RT's)

Lieutenant - Bullseye (616) (Standard Suit, Deck of Cards)

• 3 Captain Rex/CT-7567 (1 AT-RT's)
  • 3 Batman (Pre-52) (1 Telekinesis Plasmids [2])

Lieutenant - Boba Fett (Non-Beskar Mandalorian Armor, EE-3 Carbine Rifle, Sarcos K-11 Blaster Pistol, Mobile Cerebro [2C])

• 3 Captain Rex/CT-7567 (2 AT-RT's)
  • 3 Batman (Pre-52) (1 Telekinesis Plasmids [2])

Joker's Kitchen Sink [3C]

Vehicle Package [5] - Order 66

vs.

@darkraiden

Commander - Gambit (Staff, 5 Decks of Cards, Horse and Rooster Talisman)

Lieutenant - Composite Solid Snake (Thorn of Thunderbolt, Neptune's Helmet, Bandana, Stun Grenades, Chaff Grenades, Grenades, WP Grenades, Nikita Missile Launcher, AK-47, Pistol, Combat Knife, Anti-Material Rifle, Railgun, Sneaking Suit, Octocamo, Solid Eye, Stealth Camo, Fatman with Mininuke, Minigun)

• Infantry - 12 Bullseyes (3 Fatmen with 1 Mininuke[4], 12 Cheytac Interventions [1])

Lieutenant - Wolverine (Muramasa Blade, Rabbit Talisman)

• Infantry - 12 Bullseyes (Container of Toothpicks, 12 Miniguns [2])

Lieutenant - Sabretooth (Ox Talisman, Fancy Feet)

• Infantry - 12 Taskmasters (Container of Toothpicks, 11 Miniguns [2], 12 Infrared Goggles [1])

Lieutenant - Spider-man (Spidey Suit, Webshooters, Pig Talisman, Eye of Dashi)

• Infantry - 12 Taskmasters (Standard Gear)

The T-Troop [3C] - Horse, Rabbit, Ox, Pig, Rooster Talisman

Emperor Scorpion [2C] - Eye of Dashi, Fancy Feet, Thorn of Thunderbolt, Neptune's Helmet

#2 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden

Seeing as you've got the 1 hour of prep & are attacking me while I defend, I feel as it's more logical for you to begin this debate.

If you feel otherwise feel free to tell me, but would you start this lovely battle off for us?

:)

#4 Edited by DarkRaiden (6571 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Sure, ok.

Wolverine, and Sabretooth each take a pair of the thermal goggles from Taskmaster for the hell of it, and go off with Snake to scout out your base. Snake uses Solid eye, which has various capabilties from radar, to mapping out places, to thermal tech and we get a clear understanding of your entire set up, where people are, and, in Bullseye's case, what your people can do.

Now I shouldn't have to point this out, but I will, Wolverine's sense of smell is elite and will aid us in finding out exactly how many people are wear, as will the thermal goggles of course:

Above is his excellent sense of smell and hearing.

Now while this is happening (won't take long due to super speed and high tech, and yes Snake is using stealth camo to do this as well) My infantry, Bullseyes, who I'm sure you know of their aim and prowess will be prepping my mini-nukes. Snake as well will prep his when he gets back.

First thing we'll do, is let the mini-nukes go, 1 by 1 at your area and kill everyone there. Wolverine will go to scout, if people are alive, we do it again, and again and again. Funny enough, as I'll show later, with his Bandanna, Snake has infinite ammo, which means infinite mini-nukes. GG.

Now, lets' go improbable and say somehow everyone of your team survives the mininukes and your leader guy isn't killed. Then there's another strategy. Wolverine and Sabertooth will go in for the blitz, Spider-man following them, as Gambit backs them up with a delayed attack should they need help.

Bullseye and Taskmaster infrantry back them up with their insane aiming skills, backed by Miniguns, Ak-47s (a few of the Taskmasters might have to get slightly close) and Sniper Rifles, plus toothpicks. Yes, toothpicks.

Now lets outline my team:

Wolverine

His speed (pre-rabbit talisman which I'll show later), dodging bullets moving faster than people can see, etc.)

He's shown speed blitzing people, dodging explosive shells, moving faster than the eye can follow and making afterimages. here's more:

dodging bullets and rockets, etc. and of course, here's more in case you doubted:

I even added two stealth scans for him at the end, to show how he can simply disappear, and this is pre-rabbit talisman.

Now for his durability:

tanking bullets to the head, explosions, concussive blasts, blasts from Phoenix, claps from Hulk, punches from Hulk and more.

Tanking a jet exploding, along with Sabretooth and they keep fighting. Nothing puts him down.

And now his strength:

He's kicking giant slabs of concrete, punching through steel, and more. I even added nerve strikes and pressure points to show what he can do as well. Imagine that strength, with his Adamantium skeleton blitzing your people. They will fall like flies. Especially with the added momentum.

Sabretooth:

Thank god it's shorter:

Speed:

Here's Sabretooth taking out a ninja who thought he could sneak up on him, using a body as a shield to block bullets, disarming punisher, and oh yeah speed blitzing Wolverine, the fast guy I just pointed out up there.

Strength:

He rips off subway doors, holds blast doors open, KOs Rogue in one hit, and breaks metal, bends metal, and more.

Durability:

Tanks bullets, tanks Boom Booms explosions, tanks hits from Ms. Marvel (50-70 tonner at the time), and takes being set on fire, like nothing. He also has an extra durability boost (and strength boost) due to the Ox talisman, and speed due to his shen gong wu.

Again, he's blitzing, strong, durable. Your team is in serious trouble.

Spider-Man:

Speed/Agility:

Here he's dodging sniper rounds, point blank bullets, catching bullets, and is even too fast for Daredevil.

more dodging of bullets and lasers, and even multiple sniper rounds. And there's more to come, Spider-mans an agile dude.

more, last one because i have endless amounts of agility feats for spidey, reflexes, dodging lasers, all that. Point blank, he's not getting tagged with his spider-sense in tact, which he has here.

Strength:

He lifts buses, train cars, tanks, and i even added some web feats (shields, speed of webs vs. projectiles) to save us some time. I have more but it's not necessary.

Point blank, Spidey goes in, dodges gunfire, blocks with web shield if necessary and oneshots your troops and even your lieutenants. Even better, now he has awesome projectiles to hit you with in the form of the Eye of Dashi and the Pig Talisman.

Snake's feats will be later as I need video for them but some bullet points:

• Dodged mach 7 railgun as old man
  • Beat world's best sniper 2 times
  • Dodged sniper round at last minute
  • Tanked tank round
  • Tanked sniper round
  • Can lift and use railgun
  • Has great cqc and hand to hand
  • Dodged missiles from Hind D with cool acrobatics
  • Has really awesome gear which I will point out, like Railgun, Stealth Camo, infinite ammo, .50 cal anti-material rifle (blows through tanks in a few shots, headshots Gekkos), stun and wp grenades, nikita missiles, and of course his awesome shen gong wu.

Commander Gambit:

Speed/Agility:

Here he dodges gunfire, lasers, catches projectiles, tags and blocks daredevil (easy bullet dodger) and more. And that's if he feels like playing with you.

Kinetic Energy:

Here he is charging someone's arm in a fight, doing various attacks with his kinetic energy and cards, hurting the likes of Juggernaut (a bit weakened, 50-70% strength), Gladiator, Mr. Sinister, taking out a building and a giant sentinel. He can also heal himself with it.

Charge:

Showing that he can charge things without touching them, with his eyes, a guy's mustache even, and his accuracy with his cards.

And now he has the horse talisman which allows him to heal giant gaping holes in his stomach, and the rooster talisman which is telekinesis/levitation essentially. Even easier to block any bullets or people that may attack him. Then he charges them, and BOOM!

So, to wrap up.

1. We scout

2a. We nuke and you lose.

2b. Somehow you survive by the grace of god and now Wolverine who can easily dodge and tank bullets and take all you can handle is coming for you with immense, steel breaking strength, nerve strikes and skills that took down shang chi, cap america, bucky, etc. and now he's super fast and even has the muramasa blade for good ol' deathstroke and his healing factor.

3. Sabretooth joins him in the assault, also tanks bullets like nothing, but now has enhanced strength and durability when he could already break metal like nothing, and a speed boost. Blood everywhere.

4. Spider-man has nifty projectiles to assist his ridiculous agility and dodging and webs as he oneshots any and all of your army besides MAYBE Deathstroke, but he still is taken down.

5. Snake snipes from a far with his Railgun, has Stealth Camo to be invisible and Solid Eye for zoom and thermal vision. He also has the anti-material rifle and infinite ammo.

6. Gambit takes it away with his long range charging, healing with the horse talisman, rooster talisman gives him tk, he can dodge and block bullets anyways, and his charging hurts. Ask Gladiator, Juggernaut, Mr. Sinister.

7. Bullseye and Taskmaster back them up with Sniper rifles, toothpicks, miniguns, ak-47s, and incredible aim that I'm sure you'll show in your defense.

That's it. First, get past the nukes though.

#5 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Before I create my first post in terms of debating I must ask Diredrill a few questions.

@diredrill

Quick Questions, I apologize if they've already been answered somewhere in that PM or in the original thread.

• Does Teamwork come into play here, like, heroes working with villains might be difficult or are we set to work together just fine and not worry about chemistry?
  • I understand this is war, but are morals on? Some combatants, even those accustomed to war, have a hard time taking someones life and was wondering if we're all bloodlusted or not.

That is all I have to ask for now. I don't believe this counts as one of my debate posts since I haven't attempted to counter or bring up any points regarding DR's strategy or my own.

#6 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen:

Teamwork is an issue but all people here have voluntarily chosen to fight so they will work with one another unless some big rivalry or severe character flaw tears them apart. For example, Red Skull and Captain America isn't likely to produce good results. Likewise, Punisher might not play too well with villains. You have the Joker's Kitchen Sink so there is no issue for your team at all.

This is war, combatants will be willing to kill but morals are still on. For example, Superman would kill Lex Luthor if it saved the lives of his team mates.

Your post does not count.

#7 Edited by Icarusflies (12468 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: I SHALL FIGHT VALIANTLY. FOR THE KINGDOM OF ICAROPOLIS WE SHALL ALL FLY TO VICTORY!!

Also, @diredrill

Are we supposed to split up our teams to have 2 squads defending and 2 squads attacking? Since I've got a battle against Dark Raiden & a battle against you? Or can I use my entire team in both battles.

#9 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: You use your entire team in both battles. You get prep in the other battle and Techno-Organic Wings in this one.

#10 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, time to finally get to this. I apologize for taking so long, I had a busy week here at school that included lots of studying and I didn't have time to formulate a really nice post for you.

My Perks

Jokers Kitchen Sink - Joker Venom injections render your entire platoon cooperative, bloodlusted, willing to die, and telepathy resistant

Mobile Cerebro - Psychic Link for all Troops [ Applies only for Boba Fett & the Troops under his command ]

So currently I've got a team filled with cooperation, bloodlust, TP defense, and they're all willing to die for this cause? Awesome.

My Team

Bane | Boba Fett | Bullseye | Deadshot | Deathstroke N52
Batman | Captain Rex | Deadshot N52 | Ultimate Hawkeye

Information

Will put all the feat galleries & team information/background in spoiler blocks as to not create an incredibly long and slow loading post, you don't really need to look at every single one unless you don't believe that one of my members isn't capable of what I say they are.

Commanders & Lieutenants

Commander - Deathstroke the Terminator

Slade Wilson is Deathstroke the Terminator, a fierce and ruthless mercenary who has a record to upkeep of always getting the job done. Slade was once a military man, lying about his age enabled him to join the United States Army at age 16. Slade quickly rose through the ranks, impressing his peers and commanding officers with his ability to quickly master fighting styles and field strategies. Eventually Slade left the US Army and pursed the career of a paid mercenary, becoming one of the best in an incredibly short period of time. Slades ability to lead and command others, along with his knack for quickly adapting to new situations makes him a top candidate for any leadership position, thus why he is my CO for this tournament.

Skills & Abilities

• Tactical Genius - Deathstroke is a tactical genius. His military training & work as a mercenary have given him the ability to adapt to literally any situation presented to him.
  • Enhanced Abilities - Due to the Super Soldier program Deathstroke has enhanced physicals. His armor is also laced with Nth metal which further increased his physical abilities.
  • Weapons Master - Deathstroke is a master of various weapons and is shown to use anything he has to in order to get a job done.
  • Healing Factor - Deathstroke has a powerful healing factor that is amplified by the Nth metal in his armor. He is able to recover from killing strikes within a span of several hours.

Equipment

• Promethium/Nth metal Armor - Deathstroke has a mostly Promethium suit, though it is laced with an element known as Nth metal. Nth metal increases Deathstroke's strength & his healing factor.
  • Promethium Sword - Deathstroke has a sword that is also made of Promethium.
  • Assault Rifle - Deathstroke uses an M16 Assault Rifle that is loaded with an unlimited amount of Adamantium ammunition due to a perk.

Lieutenant 1 - Deadshot [Post COIE]

Deadshot is one of the top shots in the DCU, if not the best. Throughout his life he's worked with various teams and groups such as the Suicide Squad and the Secret Six, commonly filling in the position for leadership. His knowledge of battle and his ability to keep calm, cool, and collected in the field make him a valuable Lieutenant, that and the fact that he won't hesitate to lodge a bullet between the eyes of his foes.

Skills & Abilities

• Expert Marksmen - Deadshot is an expert marksman. His favored weapons are his wrist mounted pistols that he's most commonly seen using. Not one particularly fond of leaving his targets alive, he's become quite good at scoring the 'killing shot'.
  • Reaction Time - Deadshot has an incredibly impressive reaction time. He's able to count the beats of a hummingbirds wings, which are 12 - 80 beats per second.

Equipment

• Wrist Pistols - Deadshot uses a set of wrist mounted pistols, they have an astounding rate of fire.
  • Bulletproof Suit - Deadshot has a rather durable suit that he is commonly seen wearing. It is resistant to bullets as he has been shot and assumed dead multiple times, yet always returns with a vengeance.
  • Technological Helmet - Deadshot's helmet is a multipurpose tool, allowing him to send or receive incoming transmissions, track targets through a scanner, or use various visual modes such as thermal or infrared.

Lieutenant 2 - Bane [Post COIE]

Bane is much more than he appears to be in this fight. Bringing his incredibly quick and strategic mind to the battlefield along with his brute force, he makes a wonderful Lieutenant. Despite his large size, Bane is rather speedy and agile, able to fight foes like Batman and Nightwing on a rather regular basis. Bane has kicked his venom habit and trained himself to become incredibly strong even without the drug, so he'll still be packing a punch.

Skills & Abilities

• Combat Skill - Bane commonly fights using grapples & holds opposed to an acrobatic showing. His brute strength is commonly displayed in combat as he can lift 1,500 tons without the usage of Venom. He is capable of breaking Killer Croc's bones & has gone toe to toe with various Superhumans.
  • Agility - Though Bane appears to be large and possibly clumsy his appearance is deceiving. He has been able to catch Batman off guard while sneaking through the shadows.
  • Durability - Bane has impressive durability for a non-meta human. Throughout his history he has been shown to shrug off powerful blows from numerous foes, bullets, and elemental blasts.
  • Photographic Memory - Bane possess a photographic memory, allowing him to retain information with complete perfection.
  • Escapologist - Bane is actually an impressive escape artist, slightly below the levels of Batman & Nightwing.

Lieutenant 3 - Bullseye [616 Universe]

Sadistic, obsessive, and incredibly accurate, Bullseye is my wildcard as a leader. Thankfully your entire team is essentially made up of Bullseyes ( since your infantry is Bullseye and Taskmaster, and Taskmaster will be copying Bullseye's style ) so he knows exactly what to expect here, as he knows how he fights. This is honestly probably the greatest edge that Bullseye has in this battle, and he plans on killing all of the 'impostors'.

Skills & Abilities

• Adamantium Laced Skeleton - Due to a devastating multi-story fall, Bullseye has had his bones stripped with Adamantium. Due to this upgrade he is able to shrug off powerful blows in hand to hand combat and preform acrobatic feats that some would deem impossible.
  • Expert Marksmen - As one could probably tell from his name, Bullseye is an incredible marksman. He also posses the uncanny ability to use anything and everything as a weapon. Though Daredevil is capable of dodging bullets and projectiles with ease he has been tagged on multiple occasions by Bullseye

Equipment

• Deck of Cards - Bullseye has a traditional 52 card deck of playing cards.
  • Traditional Outfit - Bullseye is wearing his Black/Silver outfit. IIRC this outfit has a Kevlar Weave in it and is able to withstand basic projectiles.

Lieutenant 4 - Boba Fett [Extended Universe]

The Mandalorian bounty hunter makes an appearance as a Lieutenant of the Defenders of Icaropolis. Boba is a clone of the Bounty Hunter known as Jango Fett. Growing up with Jango enabled Boba to learn many of his skills and techniques, that would later be expanded upon throughout his own experiences. Boba has grown to become the most feared Bounty Hunter in his galaxy, one that was created a long long time ago, and is rather far away. His experience during the Galactic Civil War, Yuuzhan Vong War, and excessive number of Bounties hunted, makes Fett one of the most dangerous foes on the battlefield.

Skills & Abilities

• Expert Marksman - Boba Fett has an incredible level of marksman ship, able to hit and kill multiple targets with ease in high stress situations. His technology only amplifies his ability to fight at a distance, though he does not depend on it in combat.
  • Unarmed Combatant - Boba Fett may be known for his technology, but he also packs a mean punch with a clenched fist. His high level of willpower allowed him to resist suggestions from Darth Vader via the force and continue fighting the Dark Lord.

Equipment

• Non-Beskar Mandalorian Armor - Due to the high durability to destroy the Beskar Armor, Fett has been given Non-Beskar armor for this tournament, because of this Fett will be wearing Durasteel armor, which is able to withstand incredible levels of heat, cold, and stress.
  • Helmet - Fett's helmet is an incredible piece of equipment, as it's HUD has several different displays. It can amplify sounds as to increase Fett's sense of hearing, along with the ability to adjust to various lighting situations. Fett can control his weapons through blinking and eye movements, as to give him stealth along with firepower. The rangefinder attached to Fett's helmet allows him to track up to 30 targets at the distance of 150 meters ( almost 500 feet ). Fett can also send false transmissions to other comm links, or intercept other comm links to learn more from his foes. A magnification feature allows Fett the ability to zoom in x100 times. Fett also has an infrared option for his viewfinder.
  • EE-3 Carbine Rifle - A blaster rifle commonly used by Imperial Stormtroopers, Fett fitted his rifle out with an electronic scope allowing it to become a sniper rifle.
  • Sarcos K-11 Blaster Pistol - A blaster pistol that Fett keeps at his hip at all times. It has been nicknamed 'The Disintegrator' due to it's devastating effects on whoever gets hit by it.
  • Various Armor Weapons - Fett has several different types of weapons attached to his armor, but unless I need to use a SPECIFIC one I don't see the point in listing them all out, the guy is a Galactic Swiss Army Knife.

Infantry

Infantry Member 1 - Deadshot [N52]

I don't really have to say much about Deadshot, as I've got the Pre-52 one as one of my Lieutenants. He's roughly the same character, besides the fact that he and Harley Quinn have an odd on/off romance in the Suicide Squad. Watch out for his bullets, he likes to shoot things, and he's good at it.

Skills & Abilities

• Expert Marksmen - Deadshot is an expert marksman. His favored weapons are his wrist mounted pistols that he's most commonly seen using. Not one particularly fond of leaving his targets alive, he's become quite good at scoring the 'killing shot'.

Equipment

• AK-47 - Standard AK-47 Assault Rifle.
  • M-92 - Standard Zastava M92 Carbine.
  • Kevlar Vest - Standard Kevlar Vest, able to protect him from several shots to the torso.
  • KABAR - A basic combat knife.

Infantry Member 2 - Hawkeye [Ultimate]

Clint Barton is Hawkeye, and in the Ultimate Universe he's received a massive upgrade. His ability to turn anything into a weapon and be incredible effective with it makes Clint the perfect soldier. For this war he's been gifted with a lovely bow and a set of Trick Arrows, so he'll have an Ace or two up his sleeves ( or lack of ) during this battle.

Skills & Abilities

• Enhanced Vision - Due to a procedure done by "The Program" Clint has enhanced vision. Where a normal human being has around 150 million rod & cone cells in their eyes Clint has 400 million. This has given him a very acute sense of vision that one might dub superhuman. With these enhancements he can tell the difference between "what's real and what's not".
  • Expert Marksman - Due to Clint's enhanced vision he is an expert marksman. His eye enhancements also allow him to focus the muscles around his eyes more granting him better accuracy at longer distances.
  • Improvisational Expert - This isn't really a power per-say but Clint can turn ANYTHING into a weapon.

Equipment

• Kevlar Vest - Standard Kevlar Vest, able to protect him from several shots to the torso.
  • Bow & Trick Arrows - Due a purchase through this Tournament all of my Ult.Hawkeye's have a bow and a set of Trick Arrows.

Infantry Member 3 - Batman [Post COIE]

Bruce Wayne, the protector of Gotham, has now come to help defend Icropolis! His will and dedication have transformed his body to peak conditioning, creating a powerful bringer of Justice and Truth! Though he lacks his fancy gadgets this time around, he's been given a gun, an interesting contrast to the character. It'll be fun to see how the Dark Knight preforms when resorting to dark tactics.

Skills & Abilities

• Martial Artist - Batman has trained in over 100 different types of Martial Arts, granting him a unique fighting style.
  • Escapologist - Batman has the ability to escape from death traps, tough situations, or encounters with ease.
  • Spy - Batman has mastered the element of stealth, making him an incredibly skilled spy.
  • Expert Marksmen - Though Batman doesn't use guns, he has incredible marksmanship with his traditional Batarang. There have been instances in which Bruce trained with guns, and he was shown to be proficient with those weapons as well.
  • Acrobat - Batman is a skilled acrobat, and is a casual bullet dodger.
  • Peak Strength - Batman has been shown to lift around 1000 lbs in various instances ( Bench Press & Holding a Roof ).

Equipment

• Telekinesis Plasmid - 6 of the 12 Batmen Infantry that I have can use the TK Plasmid. It allows them to lift dead bodies and throw them with ease ( this includes the bodies of Big Daddies ), stop projectiles such as rockets and grenades in mid flight and redirect them, lift objects such as fuel tanks or garbage cans.

Infantry Member 4 - Captain Rex

CT-7567 or Captain Rex as he is better known as, is a Clone Trooper Captain. Like Boba Fett, Rex is a clone of Jango Fett, and has been gifted with a wide variety of his skills and tactical mind. Though he is a Clone Soldier he has developed a sense of free thought, obtaining an aggressive and tough personality. His hands on knowledge of war, combined with his sense of duty, shall make Rex one of the scariest Clones on the front.

Skills and Abilities

• Tactical Mind - Due to his leadership of the Elite Torrent Company during the Clone Wars, Rex has developed an incredibly tactical mind that allows him to create strategies and battle plans on the go.
  • Marksman - Though not as skilled as someone like Deadshot or Bullseye, he still has a degree of marksmanship, and proved himself fully capable during the Clone Wars.

Equipment

• AT-RT - The AT-RT or All Terrain Recon Transport, is a vehicle from the Star Wars Universe. It is a bipedal walker used by the Clone Army during the Clone Wars. It is capable of incredible speeds and can leap long distances. For weaponry the AT-RT has a mounted Repeating Blaster Cannon and a Mortar Launcher, thus the AT-RT is the optimal choice for an Anti-Infantry unit. They also have motion scanners to provide the pilot with up to date information about what's happening on the battlefield. I have 6 of these AT-RT's for use.

The Battle

I'll work on my 'Feat Gallery' later on, as I want to get a good post up in terms of how this battle will go.

The first thing I'd like to point out is the location that you're attacking.

Complete defenses: Tall Walls, 2 Entrances, Narrow Pathways

My entire base is walled off, with only 2 entrances. The pathways to my base are rather narrow, if you use the key on the full sized map they're about 150 ft across from the North, and 400 ft across from the South. Your team of Bullseyes and Taskmasters are going to get a tad clustered if they come from the North, and have a bit more wiggle room if they attack from the South. Though I've also got towers that I can reside in along the walled community for my supreme marksmen such as:

• Deadshot N52
  • Deadshot Pre-52
  • Bullseye 616
  • Ultimate Hawkeye
  • Deathstroke
  • Batman

While I also have 3 AT-RT's watching each entryway, armed with heavy blaster cannons that make them the perfect Anti-Infantry device, they've also got motion sensors so they can track when your team gets closer to them, or if they try to climb the walls.

So, my base is pretty well defended, and I don't have to come to you, you have to come to me.

The Nukes

I must admit, if I had never played Fallout 3 I would've been terrified at the though of a Mini-Nuke being launched towards my team, but I'd like to point out a few things.

• You only have 3 Mini-Nukes total. Not enough to level my base, not even close.
  • The Fatman has an estimated range of around 150 yards ( 450 ft ) due to the fact that it's projectile, the Mini Nuke, is so incredibly cumbersome.
  • If you were to use the Fatman on my team, my bloodlusted, TK wielding, Batmen might have something to say to that.

Essentially the moment you fire your Nukes at me, and we target them, my 6 Batmen with TK will catch them, and propel them with more speed towards your own team, thus doing nothing to my own defenses and damaging yours.

It's blast radius isn't even that fantastic, so the fact that you think you're going to bring my entire team down with some Mini-Nukes is... well... not ever going to happen.

In the video above the Lone Wanderer is using a Fatman, which launches Mini-Nukes, while inside the Capitol Building. It's got impressive damage against the durable Super Mutants, but doesn't level the entire building. The Mini-Nukes are exactly what they sound like, Mini.

As for your "I have infinite ammo" plan, that's not true. You don't get unlimited ammo with a weapon that you bought with points specifically for this tournament, especially since Diredrill explained that you get 3 Fatmen with 1 Mini Nuke, so I'd assume each Fatman gets 1 Mini Nuke each, thus your 3 Mini Nukes. If for some reason you DO get unlimited ammo, it just means that you're going to get more Mini Nukes sent towards you by the Batmen.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the range, I know I said it's got an estimated range of 450 feet, but that means the person firing it (Snake) will be a LOT closer than you thought he would be. Due to Fett's Helmet Scanner he should be able to find and track Snake, unless Snake is somehow invisible to all forms of technology.

Wolverine Solo?

I think you're exaggerating how powerful Wolverine is in this situation. I'll give you this, he's got the Rabbit Talisman which does increase his speed, but not to a level that'll allow him to solo an entire team. Especially since my team has marksmen such as Deadshot, whose reflexes have allowed him to keep up with Speedsters in the past.

• 13 Deadshots ( 1 Post COIE ) vs 1 Wolverine

You can try and do the math, but I don't think he'll be dodging all those shots. Especially if my Batmen end up tagging him by chance of a Mini-Nuke redirect when Snake fires at my team, like I said earlier the pathways to my team are quite narrow.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that since you've attacked me, I get my special home technology, which in this case is Techno Organic wings for my team, which could bring them all off of the ground preventing Wolverine from even getting a chance to attack them. This would also give my team an incredible "I have the high ground!" advantage.

Sabretooth Solo?

He's also pretty fast due to the Fancy Feet, but like I said with Wolverine, TECHNO ORGANIC WINGS!

I don't know what Sabretooth plans on doing while my team flies around the sky like birds of prey to avoid your team while picking off all your infantry and commanders.

Also, though he has Adamantium Limbs, he does not have his joints or connective tissue encased in Adamantium, which means that it's possible to sever his limbs with a well placed blow, or if someone happened to have Anti-Metal ammo which melts Adamantium... I wish I knew someone who had that... oh wait... I DO!

Spiderman Solo?

Your plans seem to rely around your Lieutenants soloing my entire team, I'm rather confused on why you think this.

Spiderman's Web Shooters would allow him to trap members of my team, though some members would be able to escape and other members would be able to assist those who are trapped.

I would be more worried if I didn't have the Techno Organic Wings, and I know it seems like that's all I'm using in my argument, but my entire team has the range and the marksmanship to take down your own while they fly through the sky. Also the fact that I have Anti-Metal ammo, also known as Antartic Vibranium, I can melt metals such as Adamantium.

Anti-Metal arm vs Adamantium Sword. Anti-Metal wins.

This means that when the Anti Metal bullets rip through your team, it should be able to tear your through equipment, thus destroying your firearms in the process.

Solid Snake & his Railgun

While this is a powerful weapon, and would be able to kill members of my team with ease, it'll be destroyed incredibly fast. Once my team see's it as a threat, then they'll either shoot the Invisible Snake that's using it ( I mean, a gun being fired by an invisible man kind of gives away the invisibility perk ) or shoot the gun, the Anti-Metal bullets should melt the gun.

Though since my team is a group of top soldiers and mercenaries ( besides Batman ) then they'd most likely go for the Kill Shot, thus Snake should get killed.

Gambit

Gambit can charge and toss things, but how far?

I just don't think he'll be all that useful if my entire team is out of range and shooting right back at him, and yes, I understand that everyone on your team has dodged a bullet here and there, but it doesn't mean that they're impossible to hit with bullets.

It just so happens that my entire team is made up of top level marksmen who, when focusing on a target, should be able to hit it.

How I'll attack

Now that I've laid out some counters, I'll document how this attack/defense will go.

• Snake is located when he tries to attack with the Mini-Nukes due to Fett and the AT-RT scanners.
  • Snake fires the Mini-Nukes, they're sent back at your team and kill some of your infantry and possibly Snake or one of your Lieutenants.
  • The AT-RT's attack any infantry that they see appear on their scanners. The AT-RT's under Boba Fett's command also get usage of what he's seeing on the field due to the Psychic Link they have. The AT-RT commanders can then tell the other AT-RT's the coordinates and begin their assault. This should decimate your infantry as the AT-RT was designed specifically as an Anti-Infantry Unit.
  • The Deadshot's, Bullseye, Batmen, and Boba Fett take to the skies and begin picking off members of your team, if Solid Snake is still alive he will be their first target, and though he's quick and able to dodge some bullets he shouldn't be able to dodge ALL of these attacks.
  • At this point in time the remaining members of your team should be:
    • Spiderman
    • Gambit
    • Wolverine
    • Sabretooth
    • Some Infantry ( Maybe? )
  • The newest targets will become any leftover members of your infantry, since they're the only ones with the range to attack my team. I believe that the force of my team, plus the fact that my ammo is destroying your weaponry, is enough to overwhelm your infantry.
  • Boba Fett and Bullseye would swoop down from the sky in order to slice Sabretooth to bits through usage of their Techno Organic wings, thus killing him.
  • Deadshot and the remaining Deadshots on my team would begin seeking out Wolverine, whose moving at speeds which they should be able to track, as Deadshot's reflexes have allowed him to track and tag speedsters in the past.
  • Spiderman and Gambit might get caught up with the AT-RT's, though after a long fight I do believe that they may be able to overwhelm them. The Batmen will be catching and redirecting Gambit's explosives back towards your team, causing even more self harm to your team. The Batmen can also use dead bodies on the battlefield as weapons or meat shields.
  • Deathstroke and Bane would be hiding out somewhere else in the map away from the battle. Using their Techno Organic wings they'd fly away from the conflict, and both are capable of fighting your team in the air. Bane could possibly get tagged if he was spotted since he's so large, but he'd put up a fight and withstand some of the blows. Deathstroke would be fine though, his armor is durable and his healing factor protects him. Plus Deathstroke is much more agile than Bane.
  • Spiderman and Gambit are then hunted down by the remaining forces of my team. Deathstroke would remove Spiderman's web shooters when Spiderman gets captured, then he'd glue Spiderman in place while the rest of my team kills Gambit, since they're all bloodlusted. Then Deathstroke would use his Promethium Sword of Awesomeness to decapitate Spiderman, and hold up his head for all to see.

Then we go and talk to @icarusflies about how we just defended Icaropolis and we have a party.

@darkraiden Your move, I'll be editing this post in order to add feat galleries for all my characters. Though I won't be able to do that for the rest of the night, I just wanted to get something up for you.

#11 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill: Quick Question again, what Trick Arrows does Hawkeye have with his Trick Arrow Set?

I want him to be more useful in the Battle but I can't really specify anything since I don't EXACTLY know what he has haha.

#12 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: So long as you aren't suggesting he has infinite explosive arrows or whatever, he can have whatever trick arrows that are street level. This means not Nuke Arrow or Quantum Entanglement Arrow or things of that nature.

#13 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: So long as you aren't suggesting he has infinite explosive arrows or whatever, he can have whatever trick arrows that are street level. This means not Nuke Arrow or Quantum Entanglement Arrow or things of that nature.

Alright, sounds good :)

#14 Posted by DarkRaiden (6571 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: Woah....why wasn't I tagged/notified? weird.

1. Actually I do have infinite Ammo, Snake has a headband that canon gives him infinite ammo, so he can shoot off mini-nukes all day long. The sheer amount of them Snake can spam (literally infinite) will overwhelm your team and destroy them all.

2. You say Batmen will be TK wielding and throwing the mini-nukes back, but there are a few questions I have,

a. Do you have proof that 1 of them can stop and throw something as heavy as a mini-nuke long distances? Have they done anything close to that with something of similar weight?

b. How do you stop all 150044566565 nukes I spam at you? You can try to stop 3 or 4 with TK, but when they keep coming in, hitting, rattling and killing said TK users, That's not a very good strategy.

c. Gambit has TK and charging, he can throw things at least 100 yards, can stop the mini-nukes you throw back (they'll likely be much slower) or throw a charged card and explode them mid-air.

3. Snake has Octocamo and is thus invisible to thermal technology as said:http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/OctoCamo

"OctoCamo is a form of smart camouflage that can, within moments of coming into contact with almost any surface, replicate both its pattern and texture. It applies thermal technology to regulate the temperature of the disguised subject to better blend with the surrounding environment and to evade thermal imaging."

Not to mention his stealth tech and infinite chaff grenades he has. And even better, his mutliple Shen Gong Wu.

4. You have to remember, Wolverine has dodged multiple machine gun fire, he's dodged rockets, helicopter fire, and moved faster than human perception.....WITHOUT the Rabbit Talisman. Now he gets the same boost that turned a fat slow guy who couldn't run a 15 second 100m dash to a speedster. And he has his claws and Muramasa blade. So essentially, he can easily aim dodge with his swift movement speeds and already proven reaction speeds. I know Deadshot has hit speedsters, but he's also missed other like Batman, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, who are far from it. Wolverine has AT LEAST the reflexes and reaction time of Deathstroke and is now much, much faster. I can comfortably say Deadshot cannot tag him before he cuts their throats. Of course all of this can only happen if you survive the infinite nuke barrage.

Also, Wolverine has jumped and taken out Helicopters with his bare claws and has taken out a helicopter with a wrench. Yeah a wrench. Flying just makes you just as vulnerable as always.

Just reminding how high he jumps BEFORE the speed boost, scaling sentinals in single jumps. Showing the helicopter stuff again and reminding you that Wolverine has stealth and is EXTREMELY skilled. Now he has a blade that stops healing, adamantium claws, and Super Speed.

5. Sabretooth is also super durable with the Ox talisman remember, so anti-metal bullets probably won't even pierce him. Regardless, Sabretooth has survived and kept fighting through worse and again, can jump as high as Wolverine can and take down said flying opponents. He now has super strength on top of his already possessed super strength and his super speed.

6. Umm...what does any of that have to do with Spider-man? His webs are as strong as steel, so I don't see anyone except Deathstroke getting out of it, and if he goes full out with it, then not even Deathstroke can escape. Just like how Iron Man couldn't.

Anti-metal guns mean nothing to Spidey, who I've shown dodging lasers, multiple sniper rounds, and more with ease. As for his web, maybe I have to showcase it.

So he can slam giant debris on your team, suffocate them, Trap them with a literal spider's web, block any and all bullets, Trap them as he did Iron man, disarm them of their weapons, and more with his webs. Look at how much he did in the 1st and 2nd scan in "the space between a heartbeat". That can take out at least 10 of your infantry men at once, each heartbeat.

Just to show that he can web a building up, can web a group of people like nothing, has web constructs, and even webs an entire area before a helicopter falls. Flying will get you nowhere.

And btw my strategy is not based on my lieutenants solo'ing it's that they CAN solo. Meaning you have no chance.

7. Snake has dodged Railguns himself (mach 7) and has dodged sniper bullets after they've been fired. Your team's not seeing nor hitting Snake. Also, every sniper knows you don't stay still after f'ing someone up. So snake will pick off your team, one by one, moving, while completely invisible.

Just for reference:

at 3:18 he dodges the railgun projectile

Dodges bullet at 2:38

Sniping and agility

infinite ammo around :15

8. Gambit is shown actively dodging and blocking bullets with ease. He won't be too far ranged, maybe 100 yards away, as he can charge things and then TK them to your team with his talisman. Now the anti-metal might be a problem for his staff, but he has TK and bullet dodging reflexes, nothing's hitting him. Should it hit him, he also has regeneration enough to heal a hole in someone's chest.

And your weapons can and will all be charged and taken away from you via TK with ease.

Now to address your attack.

A. Prove your batmans can toss back mini-nukes, and at such a high magnitude/number of them.

B. What kind of scanners do your AT-RT use? Are they full on mechanical? Because Snake has chaff grenades that jam all electronics. Also he's invisible to thermal sensing.

C. Gambit can easily charge your AT-RTs withe ease as he has blown up buildings, Sentinels, Gladiator, and more.

D. How do they take out my infantry?

Taskmaster is easily a bullet dodger/catcher, and both him and Bullseye (he has bullseye's aim) have impeccable aim, and Bullseye has adamantium ammo.

That's taskmaster and his skill/speed of catching bullets and killing people with impeccable aim.

Bullseye and his superhuman aim (which you should know about) now has adamantium ammo. The AT-RTs are going down HARD, as is anyone on your team. Bullseye has a Sniper Rifle, a Mini-gun and toothpicks. An Adamantium Mini-gun in the hands of 12 Bullseyes is .....it's insurmountable. Every shot's going to be a headshot and adamantium pierces everything. And Taskmaster has the same aim. Not to mention the other guns they have.

Wait....you realize Gambit has TK too right? The batmen won't be doing anything like throwing anything back. And even better, Gambit can charge their suits, and the tech that gives them the TK, killing them and taking out their powers.

Slicing Sabretooth to bits.....first of all no, he's been able to speed blitz Wolverine who dodges bullets with ease and Boba nor anyone moves that fast with their little wings. Now he has fancy feet to assist, and Ox talisman so that the wings wouldn't even slice him. Also he's survived giant jet explosions and decimation, being sliced to bits wouldn't even put Sabretooth down. All that would do is make whoever's flying get destroyed by him, his super speed, and his super super strength.

Plus they'd be shot down by Bullseyes with adamantium ammo before they got far. Being in the air is not a good place to be against him.

Deathstroke and Bane get webbed down or taken down by Wolverine or taken down by Gambit's projectile, or shot down by Bullseye and Taskmaster. Adamantium>Deathstroke's armor.

The AT-RTs have already been addressed.

Not sure how Deathstroke was planning on removing Spidey's web shooters when Spidey's about 2x faster than him, but even if he did Spidey has the eye of dashi and eye beams to toast him with.

Now to showcase shen gong wu and talismans:

Eye of Dashi is shown at 16:42-16:48, still a valid projectile move

Fancy Feet are shown around 15:56-16:05, showing the speed boost slower people get, imagine them on Sabretooth

Thorn of Thunderbolt for Snake, if somehow you DID get rid of his guns and survive the nukes, at 18:55-19:05

And again at 18:16-18:23

And finally, for the Wu, the Neptune Helmet which creates a walking Hurricane should things get desperate.

http://xiaolinpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Neptune_Helmet

I'll post the talisman next post if need be, as this one is pretty long already. But as you can see, they give extra options and boosts that put my team far above your own.

So basically

- Survive the Nukes

- Survive the onslaught of superspeed, claws cut everything, super skilled Wolverine

- Survive the onslaught of Gambit charging everything and TK throwing it, building busters at that

- Survive Spidey's speed, agility, 10-20 ton strength, and his webs that can restrain Iron Man

- Survive Snake's sniping, railgun barrage and complete invisibility to most technology

- Survive the superhuman aim of Bullseye and Taskmaster with powerful guns and adamantium ammo

And then you'd still lose if we went hand to hand.

#15 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

Question: Have you ever played Fallout 3? Have you EVER used a Fatman?

The weapon is slow, cumbersome, and requires a longer reload time compared to other weapons in the Fallout-Universe. The Mini-Nuke's also aren't incredibly heavy. It's the size of a football, and in game is actually has a weight of 0 ( because it's ammunition ). They also don't move very fast when you shoot them...

2:45 is the best example a shot going any sort of 'distance'.

As for the Telekinesis Plasmid, it's stopped Grenades, Proximity Mines, and RPG's that got fired all around the same speeds as the Fatman can fire a Nuke, also, it then sends them back FASTER.

0:43 & 0:51 show him stopping RPG's and re-sending them.

Actually I do have infinite Ammo, Snake has a headband that canon gives him infinite ammo, so he can shoot off mini-nukes all day long. The sheer amount of them Snake can spam (literally infinite) will overwhelm your team and destroy them all.

I wasn't doubting Snakes infinite Ammo for HIS STANDARD weaponry, I'm doubting it for the Fatman & Mini-Nukes. You purchased the item and it's ASSIGNED to Bullseye, then you have him giving it to Snake. The weapon says it comes with a specific amount of ammo, so I don't think it would be allowed that you'd be able to amplify the amounts when you were only assigned a certain bit and you didn't even assign the weapon to the person with the infinite ammo. It's really not a problem though because as I've shown above, you're getting those nukes sent right back at you.

a. Do you have proof that 1 of them can stop and throw something as heavy as a mini-nuke long distances? Have they done anything close to that with something of similar weight?

b. How do you stop all 150044566565 nukes I spam at you? You can try to stop 3 or 4 with TK, but when they keep coming in, hitting, rattling and killing said TK users, That's not a very good strategy.

A. Yes, a mini-nuke is the size of a football. Considering it's a personal weapon to be carried around by the Player character and that character is able to carry the Mini-Nukes with ease without any strength modifications and having the stats of a basic human, I believe it's safe to say the TK that stops Rocket Propelled Grenades is able to grab and toss back the projectile.

B. How fast do you think this thing fires? I think you're over-estimating the strength of the Fatman. It's not a 1HKO for everything within a 50 mile radius or anything like that. It's a small concentrated explosion, with the force of a nuclear weapon. Plus, the Fatman is one of the slowest weapons in the game, so you're not going to shoot 150,044,566,565 ( is that 150 Billion, are you kidding me? ) Nukes at me.

c. Gambit has TK and charging, he can throw things at least 100 yards, can stop the mini-nukes you throw back (they'll likely be much slower) or throw a charged card and explode them mid-air.

C. BUT CAN HE THROW 150,044,566,565 CARDS AND BLOCK ALL THE MINI NUKES?! Joking aside, this would be a way to get rid of the Mini Nukes, though they'd be flying faster than before and causing them to explode prematurely might end up catching some of your team off guard, thus killing em.

3. Snake has Octocamo and is thus invisible to thermal technology as said:http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/OctoCamo

"OctoCamo is a form of smart camouflage that can, within moments of coming into contact with almost any surface, replicate both its pattern and texture. It applies thermal technology to regulate the temperature of the disguised subject to better blend with the surrounding environment and to evade thermal imaging."

It's a good thing Boba Fett's radar isn't thermal technology. Snake is still going to appear on Radar.

Not to mention his stealth tech and infinite chaff grenades he has. And even better, his mutliple Shen Gong Wu.

Cool, he's got some BA equipment now apply it to the battle, just listing it doesn't mean it'll be a win, you've got to show HOW it will help you win.

4. You have to remember, Wolverine has dodged multiple machine gun fire, he's dodged rockets, helicopter fire, and moved faster than human perception.....WITHOUT the Rabbit Talisman. Now he gets the same boost that turned a fat slow guy who couldn't run a 15 second 100m dash to a speedster. And he has his claws and Muramasa blade. So essentially, he can easily aim dodge with his swift movement speeds and already proven reaction speeds. I know Deadshot has hit speedsters, but he's also missed other like Batman, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, who are far from it. Wolverine has AT LEAST the reflexes and reaction time of Deathstroke and is now much, much faster. I can comfortably say Deadshot cannot tag him before he cuts their throats. Of course all of this can only happen if you survive the infinite nuke barrage.

Wolverine is a formidable foe, yes, he's been shown to dodge projectiles. However I don't think you understand how the Rabbit Talisman works. It doesn't take your speed ( say 50MPH ) and then add ( 200 MPH ) to that. It wouldn't make someone like the Flash move any faster, because it's capabilities are only around Mach 1 IIRC. Once someone hit's the speed limit with it they'll be there, they won't just continue getting faster and faster.

I've mentioned that my own team will be off the ground, in the air, and sniping. Wolverine won't be jumping THAT high in the sky with a vertical jump, I'm sorry.

Deadshot has missed others before, it's a part of villains syndrome, he won't be able to use his abilities to the fullest because he can't kill all the heroes, it's just an unfortunate fact. As for him not hitting Batman, he's had the chance to kill Batman and didn't take it because he had a compulsion to leave him alive. As it stands, Deadshot can count the beats of a Hummingbird's wings, 12 - 80 BEATS PER SECOND.

Also, some members of my team have Anti-Metal ammunition, which melt metals such as Adamantium, his skeleton is going to get a tad wobbley once he get's hit 2 or 3 times, so his super speed won't be that much use for him.

5. Sabretooth is also super durable with the Ox talisman remember, so anti-metal bullets probably won't even pierce him. Regardless, Sabretooth has survived and kept fighting through worse and again, can jump as high as Wolverine can and take down said flying opponents. He now has super strength on top of his already possessed super strength and his super speed.

So when did Wolverine and Sabretooth gain the ability to jump 300 feet into the air vertically?

As for the Ox talisman I'm sure the bullets can still pierce him, unless you can show me someone using the Ox talisman and not getting pierced by bullets.

Plus, the thing with all your 'Bulletproof' characters is that you forget they still have weak spots, eyes and mouth, still like jelly, still weak, still a target.

6. Umm...what does any of that have to do with Spider-man? His webs are as strong as steel, so I don't see anyone except Deathstroke getting out of it, and if he goes full out with it, then not even Deathstroke can escape. Just like how Iron Man couldn't.

Anti-metal guns mean nothing to Spidey, who I've shown dodging lasers, multiple sniper rounds, and more with ease. As for his web, maybe I have to showcase it.

I don't know exactly what you're responding to with "What does any of that have to do with Spider-Man?". He's got strong webs, and I'm positive that he'll tag some of my team with it and incapacitate them. What I'm also positive of is that Spiderman by himself can't block ALL those shots from a team made of crack-shots.

And btw my strategy is not based on my lieutenants solo'ing it's that they CAN solo. Meaning you have no chance.

Someone's a tad bit cocky.

7. Snake has dodged Railguns himself (mach 7) and has dodged sniper bullets after they've been fired. Your team's not seeing nor hitting Snake. Also, every sniper knows you don't stay still after f'ing someone up. So snake will pick off your team, one by one, moving, while completely invisible.

Impressive, but that Railgun has quite the charge time on it to reach Mach 7, and it begins sparking when it gets close to being fired. My team IS seeing Snake because even though he's invisible to thermal, his weapon would still be sparking, we'd see the mini-nuke projectiles when he fired those, and Fett's radar doesn't rely on tracking via thermal.

Also, you saying that every sniper knows you don't stay still, tell that to the sniper in your Railgun video, he didn't move after firing at Snake and he was a sniper.

Lastly, what is Snake doing? Is he firing the Railgun or 150 Billion Mini-Nukes? He can't have the time to use ALL of these weapons at once.

8. Gambit is shown actively dodging and blocking bullets with ease. He won't be too far ranged, maybe 100 yards away, as he can charge things and then TK them to your team with his talisman. Now the anti-metal might be a problem for his staff, but he has TK and bullet dodging reflexes, nothing's hitting him. Should it hit him, he also has regeneration enough to heal a hole in someone's chest.

And your weapons can and will all be charged and taken away from you via TK with ease.

Both of our teams are filled with Bullet Dodger's. It doesn't mean that it's impossible to be hit with bullets. Iron Fist has dodged multiple bullets in his time but he still gets hit in H2H combat, so being a bullet dodger doesn't make you untaggable.

His charging is scary, and I'll admit that, but when it comes to a TK battle I believe the TK plasmid is much better than the Rooster Talisman. I've honestly never seen any instance in which the Rooster Talisman caught something like a bullet or a grenade and sent it back to it's original sender. The most I've seen the Rooster Talisman do is levitate someone off the ground. So if you can prove to me that the Rooster Talisman can indeed catch and return those fast projectiles, then we'll have something to debate about.

A. Prove your batmans can toss back mini-nukes, and at such a high magnitude/number of them.

B. What kind of scanners do your AT-RT use? Are they full on mechanical? Because Snake has chaff grenades that jam all electronics. Also he's invisible to thermal sensing.

C. Gambit can easily charge your AT-RTs withe ease as he has blown up buildings, Sentinels, Gladiator, and more.

D. How do they take out my infantry?

A. I have, and you need to prove how you're firing so many with such a slow weapon.

B. Just general motion sensors, I believe they're mechanical. Snake can Jam em, but then the pilots would just get fed information by Boba Fett.

C. Can Gambit charge what he can't see? We're behind large walls and can't be seen with the naked eye if I'm looking at this battlefield correctly.

D. With Mortars and Repeating Blaster Lasers.

And finally, for the Wu, the Neptune Helmet which creates a walking Hurricane should things get desperate.

Yep, a Hurricane. Yep, it's a helmet. Yep, it can be taken off of Snake by usage of the TK plasmid. In Bioshock you can remove the masks and helmets of Splicers when you use the Plasmid and then toss em back at them at high speeds in order to kill them.

I see no reason why Batman wouldn't take the Helmet off, then put it on his own head and use it. Same goes for your other weapons.

So basically

- Survive the Nukes

- Survive the onslaught of superspeed, claws cut everything, super skilled Wolverine

- Survive the onslaught of Gambit charging everything and TK throwing it, building busters at that

- Survive Spidey's speed, agility, 10-20 ton strength, and his webs that can restrain Iron Man

- Survive Snake's sniping, railgun barrage and complete invisibility to most technology

- Survive the superhuman aim of Bullseye and Taskmaster with powerful guns and adamantium ammo

And then you'd still lose if we went hand to hand.

1. I survived the Nukes, I think you need to do more research on them honestly.

2. We're in the sky, and Wolverine cannot jump 300 feet vertically into the air, unless you can prove that. I'm pretty sure he can't.

3. Battle of the TK - Plasmid > Rooster Talisman. Those charged items are getting sent back at you.

4. Fly into the sky, dodge the webs, focus fire on Spiderman, kill him.

5. The railgun takes time to charge, the sparks would make Snake visible, Snake would get killed. Plus, Fett's tech and radar can spot it.

6. The Superhuman aim of Bullseye, Deadshot, and Ultimate Hawkeye with powerful guns, trick arrows, and anti-metal ammo, which melts Adamantium.

7. Which is why I'm not going hand to hand...

#16 Edited by DarkRaiden (6571 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: No I haven't. I do thank you for the video, I was under the impression I had these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man

for w/e reason, idk first thing to come up.

As for infinite ammo with them or not, ask @diredrill but either way, I'll put down 2 separate plans.

With Infinite Fatmen

Ok assuming I have infinite fatmen, my strategy would change some, but not all the way as I feel that'd be unfair to you and this debate. So here it is:

1. I do have an hour preptime. In the time I have left after everything I said I'd do, Snake spends the rest of the time, giving the 3 Bullseyes with Fatmen as much ammo as he can, in this case I'm gonna say he gives them about 50 shells a piece.

2. Each of the bullseyes and Snake line up at one direction of your establishment (north, south, east, or west) at the furthest possible distance, and fire away.

3. Now the reload time looked like around 3 seconds, starting at the :10 mark, but Snake and Bullseye being masters at guns and whatnot, I'd say they can cut it down to 1 second. For the record the 150 billion nukes was clearly a lighthearted joke, but w/e, there would be at least 3 mini nukes a piece reaching your stronghold at once, making that 12 all at once, given the delay/time it takes the nuke to get there.

4. Because of this, your Batmen might be able to catch one nuke apiece, but the other stray nukes will land and detonate before Bats can throw it back, which will allow the onslaught to continue as each Bullseye has 50 of these (and pinpoint accuracy), and Snake can literally just keep shooting these.

5. Also, I'm still not sure whether or not that TK can stop something with the force of a nuke and the speed that it's shot at, but even if they can, they will be overwhelmed.

6. Now as backup, the rest of the bullseye/taskmasters, the other 45 will be sniping from about a mile out with snipers, about 200-400m with the other guns (Bullseye has shown extreme range with his weapons, even just a toothpick, and now they're adamantium), which will pick off any lucky survivors.

7. After this, my other arguments stand, Wolverine has dodged enough bullets in his career that I think it's safe to say he won't be tagged, with Talismans upgrade, it will be easier. Same with Sabertooth, and Spidey and his webs. And there's no proof one way or another how the talisman works, I'm going to assume it boosts stats since some people seem more capable with it, then others. (Jackie vs. random hencman/Ratso).

8. Wolverine and Sabertooth can jump an easy 20 feet in the air, meaning they can catch your guys before they get too much height, gut them, and then jump to the next one. Of course, assuming Bullseye/Taskmaster doesn't shoot them down. Spider-man can block all the bullets by just making one, large encompassing net over himself and hoever he wants to defend, and Gambit can dodge, stop bullets with TK (the rooster has shown to stop whatever the user can see and react to, a punch, throw projectiles and more. If Gambit can react to bullets well enough to block them, he can easily TK them) and let off building busting charges.

9. As a reminder, We attack first so your guys won't be doing anything until after the initial assault of 250+ mini nukes.

That pretty much concludes that and I'll summarize later.

If I Don't Have Infinite Mini Nukes:

If I don't have mini-nukes up the wazoo as I planned with Snake in the first place (and might need to replace them if possible <_<), then my plan is completely different.

1. Instead of passing out mini-nukes, Snake replicates his Stun Grenades, Chaff Grenades, WP Grenades, and plain ol' Grenades. Again, Snake has some serious time to simply drop these grenades (would take less than a second to drop a whole chunk, which in game is about 20-25), giving each Bullseye/Taskmaster around 50-100 of each grenade (obviously not on them all at once and moved more like heavy artillery). This is, again prep.

2. Now we see footballs being thrown about 60-70 yards, and these grenades are much smaller than footballs, and being thrown by Snake (peak human+, can carry Railgun like nothing, can use Patriot, aka is much stronger than normal QBs/people), and we have Bullseye/Taskmaster who have impeccable aim from 100 yards away even with toothpicks, so 200 yards/meters isn't a stretch I'd say, to get the general vicinity (your base).

3. Surrounded at all sides, your base is constantly bombarded with stun grenades, grenades, wp grenades, and chaff grenades all going off at once, 48 of each (192 total) being thrown at a time, each second for 100 seconds. The 4 grenades will be thrown all at once by each soldier/Snake every second at the base until there is nothing left.

4. Look at these descriptions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stun_grenade

"A stun grenade, also known as a flash grenade or flashbang, is a non-lethal explosive device used to temporarily disorient an enemy's senses. It is designed to produce a blinding flash of light and loud noise without causing permanent injury. It was first developed by the British Army's SAS in the 1960s.[1]

The flash produced momentarily activates all photoreceptor cells in the eye, making vision impossible for approximately five seconds, until the eye restores itself to its normal, unstimulated state. The loud blast is meant to cause temporary loss of hearing, and also disturbs the fluid in the ear, causing loss of balance.

The concussive blast of the detonation can still injure, and the heat created can ignite flammable materials such as fuel. The fires that occurred during the Iranian Embassy Siege in London were caused by stun grenades."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M84_stun_grenade

"The M84, also known as a flashbang or stun grenade, is the currently-issued stun grenade of the United States Army. Upon detonation, it emits an intensely loud "bang" of 170–180 decibels and a blinding flash of more than one million candela within five feet of initiation, sufficient to cause immediate flash blindness, deafness, tinnitus, and inner ear disturbance.[1] Exposed personnel experience disorientation, confusion and loss of coordination and balance. While these effects are all intended to be temporary, there is risk of permanent injury or even death. Consequently, the M84 is classified as a Less-lethal weapon.[2][3]"

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Stun_grenade

"The stun grenade, also known as a flashbang, is a handheld grenade designed to emit a bright light rated at 8 million candela and a 150 decibel noise."

"The flashbang lives up to its name; upon exploding, it produces both a blinding flash and a deafening explosive sound. The air pressure from the blast can disrupt a person's eardrums, and likewise their balancing organs, while the blinding flash impairs vision. At close enough range and cramped quarters, the concussive blast of the grenade can knock out a person."

So depending on whether you want to use real life, or the games, the sheer volume of Stun Grenades will leave your team deaf, off balance, blind, and possibly KO'd or killed, especially all 48 at once, each second.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Grenade#White_phosphorus_grenade

"The white phosphorus (WP) grenade is an incendiary grenade that produces intense heat by means of a chemical reaction, burning at 2,800 °C (5,070 °F). The damage potential of WP grenades comes not only from the heat it produces, but also from the chemical itself - as the body is exposed to the grenade it may absorb the poisonous phosphorus, leading to possible organ failure. While the use of WP grenades is not against any international law, it is considered to be a rather cruel way of harming/killing an opponent and is particularly effective in shocking the enemy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade#Incendiary

"White phosphorus (also used in smoke grenades; see above) can also be used as an incendiary agent. It burns at a temperature of 2,800 °C (5,070 °F). White phosphorus was notably used in the No 76 Special Incendiary Grenade by the British Home Guard during World War II.

Thermite and white phosphorus cause some of the worst and most painful burn injuries because they burn so quickly and at such a high temperature. In addition, white phosphorus is very poisonous: a dose of 50-100 milligrams is lethal to the average human."

So WP grenades are EXTREMELY hot and very poisonous,and it's coming 48 at a time.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Grenade#Fragmentation_grenade

"The fragmentation grenade (commonly known as a frag) is an anti-personnel weapon that is designed to disperse shrapnel upon exploding.

Frag grenades heavily damages any nearby enemies, or kills them if they are too close when it detonates. In MGS, the M67 is significantly effective, with a kill radius of two feet with an additional concussion radius of one more foot. In MGS2, the M67 retaines the two foot circular kill radius, but lacks the concussion radius. In MGS3, the RGD-5 is staunchly more effective than previous iterations within the games, with a kill radius of about six feet if the target is standing upright; however, if the target is prone, the kill radius is about two feet."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade#Anti-personnel_fragmentation_grenades

"Anti-personnel fragmentation grenades are weapons that are designed to disperse lethal fragments upon detonation. The body is generally made of a hard synthetic material or steel, which will provide some fragmentation as shards and splinters, though in modern grenades a pre-formed fragmentation matrix is often used. The pre-formed fragmentation may be spherical, cuboid, wire or notched wire. Most AP grenades are designed to detonate either after a time delay or on impact.[2]

When the word grenade is used without specification, and context does not suggest otherwise, it is generally assumed to refer to a fragmentation grenade.

Anti-personnel fragmentation grenades can be divided into two main types, defensive and offensive, where the former are designed to be used from a position of cover, (e.g. in a slit trench or behind a suitable wall,) and have an effective radius greater than the distance it can be thrown, while the latter are for assaulting troops and have a smaller effective fragmentation radius.

Modern fragmentation grenades such as the United States M67 grenade have a wounding radius of 15 m (half that of older style grenades, which can still be encountered) and can be thrown about 40 m. Fragments may travel more than 200 m.[3]"

Shows that Snake uses M67 grenades for his "normal" grenades and what they can do (wound up to 15m with fragments traveling 200m). And again, 48 at once, exploding instantly do to the time and distance thrown.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Grenade#Chaff_grenade

"The chaff grenade is a grenade that disperses small metallic strips into the air, temporarily disrupting electronic sensor equipment within the vicinity."

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Chaff_grenade

"When surrounded by unmanned weapons, a chaff grenade can turn the tables in an instant."

Just to show what you're up against, 48 of each of these, instant exploding in your base every second for 100 seconds.

5. If there are any that survive that (literally impossible but hey), that's when Wolverine and Sabretooth are deployed for supersonic, highspeed clean up, finishing off whoever remains.

So for summary:

- If i have infinite nukes, you have to survive a barrage of 12 or so every second or 2, your Batmen not being able to stop them all

-If I have infinte nukes, and you somehow get past the 250 round assault, then you still have to deal with snipers from miles away with adamantium bullets, Wolverine and Sabretooth speed blitzing and taking down your men (and yes dodging the bullets), spider-man protecting his teammates with web shields, and then going in and dominating, and of course Snake either sniping or grenade spamming while invisible to most technology, all with chaff grenades.

-If I don't have infininte nkes then you have to deal with a barrage of 48 of each grenade constantly being chucked at you, exploding on impact (if 200m is too far awy, they'd move closer), that's blindness, deafness, loss of balance+ possible lethality, fragments that can wound up to 15m and whose fragments can go 200m, grenades with intense heat and deadly chemicals, and chaff grenades to mess up any sensors and machines you may have.

-Afterwards, Wolverine and Sabretooth clean up with Superspeed.

So there you go.

#18 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

Laptop messed up and posted an empty message.

What I was trying to say was that I'm waiting for @diredrill to answer our question about how many mini-nukes and Fatman you get before proceeding with this debate

My take is that you DON'T get infinite Fatmen, in fact you've only assigned Bullseye with the Fatmen, NOT your commander, Snake.

Plus it states that you get 3 Fatmen with ONE Mini-Nuke each.

That means you get 3 Mini-Nukes total, and I don't think it's fair at all to have a team member who wasn't given these items duplicate them.... like... seriously... that would mean you could have infinite everything.

#20 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (4437 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: What happened to my post? Guess Comicvine was hungry.

Anyways, I essentially ruled on the Fatman Issue.

The Fatman is the one from Fallout 3 not the atomic bomb dropped in Japan. It is many times more powerful than an RPG which is why it was priced more highly. You only get 1 shot with it so make it count.

Snake's Infinity Bandana is little more than a gameplay bonus for completing the game. It is not part of his standard gear and he does not have access to it here. It is like suggesting that Leon Kennedy always has the Chicago Typewriter or Infinite Rocket Launcher.

#22 Edited by DarkRaiden (6571 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill said:

@thetruebarryallen: What happened to my post? Guess Comicvine was hungry.

Anyways, I essentially ruled on the Fatman Issue.

The Fatman is the one from Fallout 3 not the atomic bomb dropped in Japan. It is many times more powerful than an RPG which is why it was priced more highly. You only get 1 shot with it so make it count.

Snake's Infinity Bandana is little more than a gameplay bonus for completing the game. It is not part of his standard gear and he does not have access to it here. It is like suggesting that Leon Kennedy always has the Chicago Typewriter or Infinite Rocket Launcher.

That....is something you should have said.

Lieutenant - Composite Solid Snake (Thorn of Thunderbolt, Neptune's Helmet, Bandana, Stun Grenades, Chaff Grenades, Grenades, WP Grenades, Nikita Missile Launcher, AK-47, Pistol, Combat Knife, Anti-Material Rifle, Railgun, Sneaking Suit, Octocamo, Solid Eye, Stealth Camo, Fatman with Mininuke, Minigun)

I mean i specifically asked for it....and you okay'd it. Also Snake has infinite ammo outside of gameplay. I showed the video, it's a canon thing.

infinite ammo around :15

*Sigh* now my strategy is entirely different.....

EDIT: Is the strategy with the grenades ok? Since It's Snake's gear and it's stated all people have infinite ammo?

#24 Posted by DarkRaiden (6571 posts) - - Show Bio