Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ssejllenrad
@spystreak said:

@ssejllenrad:

Germany was close to creating an atomic bomb but the battles with the russians halted the production on the projects the germans also had claimed New Swabia in Antarctica which could have been used as a launch site for nuclear weapons or experimental rockets

Sooo... In this battle, it is possible that the Germans would be able to produce a nuke? Am I understanding this correctly?
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Fragneto
@ssejllenrad said:
@spystreak said:

@ssejllenrad:

Germany was close to creating an atomic bomb but the battles with the russians halted the production on the projects the germans also had claimed New Swabia in Antarctica which could have been used as a launch site for nuclear weapons or experimental rockets

Sooo... In this battle, it is possible that the Germans would be able to produce a nuke? Am I understanding this correctly?
And what were the Japanese inventing during the same time?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Fragneto: Kyokushin Karate? Gundams? Lifelike sexbots? I don't know.... hehehe!

By the end of the war, the Japanese side held on because of key territories and samurai-esque fanaticism as opposed to technological advancement. I could be wrong. As I said I don't know.
spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By spystreak

@ssejllenrad:

yes

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By departed402

I'm not sure how to respond. Here are a few talking points I've considered: 
a. What kind of condition are Japan and Germany in after winning on their respective continents? 
b. If the US isn't interfering, what are they doing? 
c. What is Russia's condition? Is Russia going to stand for all of this? They were/are a world superpower for a reason.
d. If Germany is strong enough to beat all of Europe, are they able to finish their tech that wasn't able to be developed like the flying wing and A-Bomb?
Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Malonius

Hmmm....this really wouldn't be the WWII versions of either country. Assuming the US stays out and Germany manages to defeat Russia (not a realistic assumption without the A-bomb) and Japan manages to defeat and control China and India (not a realistic assumption given the degree to which they'd be outnumbered and thinly spread)...I'd say we're talking about sometime in the 1950's before the Axis borders really met....at which point they'd both have nuclear weapons. Nobody wins a nuclear war.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By AtPhantom

@ssejllenrad said:

Nah. Germany realized the potential of nuclear weapons, and invested into making one, but it never really got anywhere. They made a mistake in calculating that it would take several metric tonnes of Uranium to make a bomb, rather than the few kilos it actually takes, an amount they couldn't hope to produce in any reasonable time frame. Ironically it was the threat of German A bomb which lit the fire under the American project, but once the Americans raided German facilities and questioned German scientists, it became clear that they didn't actually have a flipping clue on how to make an A bomb. As long as this takes place somewhere in the vicinity of WWII, timeline-wise, there won't be any nukes popping about.

@Fragneto said:

And what were the Japanese inventing during the same time?

...Nothing?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By MrDirector786

@ssejllenrad said:

@Fragneto: Kyokushin Karate? Gundams? Lifelike sexbots? I don't know.... hehehe!

lol

@AtPhantom: Good to see you, man.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AtPhantom

@MrDirector786 said:

@AtPhantom: Good to see you, man.

You know where I've been. ;)

Nice to see you too.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By entropy_aegis

Nice thread,i'm learning.

Avatar image for atteratotussanctus
AtteraTotusSanctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Nice thread,i'm learning.

Same here. I don't know too much about WWII Japan, so I'm having more fun reading and learning rather then joining the discussion.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By NightFang3

Why are we even talking about this?

szypty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By szypty

Well, what's the most important factor here, is how are we going to divide the Soviet Union. Assuming, that they get conquered by both Germany and Japan, and no other factors are included (Allies). After Germany started roflstomping USSR they began to move their heavy industries, like tank factories, eastward. Had they felt into Japan's hand, it would give them an upper hand. We also have to factor all the resistance groups on occupied terrains on both sides. There's also the matter of Siberia, i'm not an expert, but from what i heard, it still has lots of natural resources, and the lack of those (mainly oil) was one of the biggest (if not the biggest) reasons why the Japan joined the WWII in first place (they never intended to invade the mainland of USA, at worst they would get some islands with air bases close enough for air raids on west coast and hope to blackmail Uncle Sam for oil)

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By SuperTide

WWII Germany

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mortein

Germany would invent A-bomb faster then Japan could, and they wouldn't be as nice as Americans

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By demifiend

nice battle, but germany takes this easily

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Fragneto
@demifiend said:
You must be german.
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fragneto
@demifiend: And thanks. Now bump up more threads lol
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By demifiend
@Fragneto said:
@demifiend: And thanks. Now bump up more threads lol
@Fragneto said:
@demifiend said:
You must be german.
german fought that war alone, and almost win.    italy was patetic and japan was to busy loosing with americans.
Xtremeperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Xtremeperson

WW2 Germany at full strength > any other army in the world at the time. Maybe even better than the US.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Picard

I hate too say this but III Reich would win. Better equipment, better commanders, better tactics... Both Japanese soldiers and Germans where cruel, but Nazist were more ruthless.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By entropy_aegis

I don't understand,WHY was Germany so powerful despite being literally crippled after the first war?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AtPhantom

They weren't crippled enough.

The longer answer is that Germany's infrastructure was left relatively intact. Unlike World War II, WWI never actually made it into Germany (I think the final line of the western front was some 1500 km from Berlin). As such, heavy penalties were imposed on Germany which weakened it severely, but not permanently so. It was the Great Depression which crippled Germany for the next decade. When Hitler came to power, he re-opened the military industry which was closed after WWI, creating thousands of new jobs which, coupled with the mass enthusiasm fueled by Hitler's propaganda, kick started German economy like a charm and gave them the fuel to fight another war.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By entropy_aegis

@AtPhantom said:

They weren't crippled enough.

The longer answer is that Germany's infrastructure was left relatively intact. Unlike World War II, WWI never actually made it into Germany (I think the final line of the western front was some 1500 km from Berlin). As such, heavy penalties were imposed on Germany which weakened it severely, but not permanently so. It was the Great Depression which crippled Germany for the next decade. When Hitler came to power, he re-opened the military industry which was closed after WWI, creating thousands of new jobs which, coupled with the mass enthusiasm fueled by Hitler's propaganda, kick started German economy like a charm and gave them the fuel to fight another war.

Man,say what you want about Hitler but that's very impressive.

Oznaug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

germany i think

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

the ones with the ninjas and samurai

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go for the country that took on china, philippines and Russia at the same time.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By VashtaNerada88

How is this thread still going? LOL..... Anywho Asia would win, you think the Germans were the only cruel ones??? google: Rape of Nanking if that's not enough; Japan was the only country using suicide attackers a.k.a Kamikazes to inflict max damage to battle ships & other structures

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Rubear

@fragneto said:

@PikminMania said:

@Fragneto: Asia stomp, that place is way bigger than Europe. If it was just the armies, Hitler would win most likely.

In WW2 Japan literally stomped China and Russia at the same time. Does Germany have that kind of power?

Whaaaaaaat?! O_o Is that... is that joke? We decimated their 1,5 million-strong continental army in ~ two weeks with minimal loses when we entered the war between USA and Japan after we finally smashed Hitler's Germany. Read about The Manchurian Strategic Offensive Operation. Before the World War 2 they poked our borders, yes, that lead to battle of Khalkhin Gol when we put their ears on their asses, so they decided that it's bad idea to mess with USSR.

I suppose that you are confusing this with the Russian-Japaneese war of 1904-1905 that we lost because of bad planning and people's rebellions. But that was in the time of Russian Empire, not USSR, and before even First World War.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitler solos with da blitz

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nazi Germany IMO.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 thedailybagel  Moderator

germany.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitler stomps

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is post-WW2 then Germany. Germany had the first jet fighter and much better general weaponry by the end of the war. If it were at the start however, japan would be at a huge advantage.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Russia part of Asia

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180: Geographically, yes. But, not in our modern world. It's Europe.

Germany would win, they had better technology, better leadership, and they faced tougher and more numerous countries/soldiers. Japan only conquered a China that was going through civil unrest(Communist vs old government), a under-powered Philippines dependent on the US, and various islands. They did not attack Russia, in fact, they did not attack Russia even though Hitler wanted their help because they thought they had to focus everything on the US Navy/Marines.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germany stomps-

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germany had more soldiers (if only national soldiers apply) and better tech. Their Air Force was extremely effective and they had highly trained soldiers and worked as a well oiled machine. Japan was also very effective but would not have been able to conquer as much of Europe as Germany if they were In the same position. Germany takes this one 10/10

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have to go with Germany. As stated above Germany wasn't really close to an A-Bomb but they still had guided missles and early jet fighters. The reason that the Americans could drop the A-Bomb on Japan with impunity is because the flight ceiling of the B-52 was way higher than any Japanese fighter or ground based weapon could reach. Germany would have access to the same technology and absolutely no concern for human life. There was nothing stopping them from using chemical or biological weapons instead of nukes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germany stomps. Its being undersold just how terrible the Japanese ground forces were.

In pitched-battle engagements the Japanese were barely WWI-tier.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Paytience

In a direct land engagement, germany would win. Assuming they only get the tech they had at the end of the war, and the me 262 didn't get put into full production, the Japanese navy would grant them a HEAVY logistics and air advantage. Carrier warfare replaced the battleship for a reason, and the Japanese are they only counrty besides he u.s to take advantage of that. In a prolonged engagement, even if their r&d was activated for both sides, Germany's initial tech advantage would be unsustainable as Japanese forces slowly put a choke on them. Eventually, even their land forces would not be able to fight against japanese air superiority.

imo anyway.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Paytience

Then take into count the fact that Germany has like 3 or 4 timezones of Joseph Stalin to contend with on one side (edit: i googled...it is like 11 timezones), and an ocean on the other that they can't cross because the U.S. is on the other side. At some point, Germany would be forced into a war on two fronts as they had to decide to either push into Russia (good luck), or contend with the U.S. directly for control of North Africa to make an oil grab.

Japan could literally sit and watch Germany force itself into the exact same corner it was forced into at the end of WWII.

Realistically, Germany had zero chance of winning any scenario with Russia on the other side of it. The biggest tactical error they made, was starting a war they shouldn't have fought.

Avatar image for great_black_star
great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Technology wise the Germans were far ahead of anybody at the time, so I may give them the edge if they use all of their resources against Japan.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Germany would win in a tough fight

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germany wins.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Germany.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Love

Germany, they where way more advanced and close to making the atom bomb.

Once they make the Bomb I doubt they stop at 2 like the US did.