WW III Black Adam vs All Star Superman

Jbhdbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jbhdbc

To death or ko. Takes place in wakanda. Provide reason.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Killemall

I never understood why World War 3 Black Adam is kept as an altogether different character, its the same person, no amp, just mega pissed up and a little PIS to back him up. He has replicate similar feat during JSA: Dark Reign as well.

On this, has All Star Superman shown resistance to magic, i have not read All Star Superman so entirely going by the movie which i have been told is a pretty good portrayal of the comics, if he still has magic vulnerability Black Adam, else its very close could go either way.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WarBlade539

All Star Superman all the way.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Qpzmg

All star superman isn't weak against magic.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Qpzmg

BA wins

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

Black Adam.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

All-star Supes take this.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Qpzmg

BUMP

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By matmatxm8
No Caption Provided
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Freefa11

@matmatxm8 said:

No Caption Provided

Blech. Stuff like that is why I have issues with Morrison. What scientist would use a ridiculous term like "quintillion," as opposed to a simple and proper 10^18? And how the heck are you going to build a machine that can exert that much force anyway? And why would you build it? And why isn't the floor getting crushed under the strain? It exists for no other reason than Morrison to say "Hey guys! Look how totally awesome Superman is!"

Okay, logic rant out of the way, if you actually run the numbers, and compare this to the "pulling 1/3 the earth" feat that gets trotted out so often, even 1/3 of the Earth's mass "weighs" (almost exactly) 11 times more than this. Granted, Superman was straining to move the earth, while AS Supes is having an easy time here, but a factor of 11 is also a pretty big difference to make up for (it is the same difference as curling a 10 lb dumbbell vs curling a 110 lb dumbbell), meaning that, at least based on this scan alone, there is actually little reason to believe AS Supes is significantly stronger than regular Supes.

I haven't read AS Superman, so I can't comment on any other abilities or showings he may have, I'm just saying that if the above is his best strength feat, mainstream Superman technically has better already, and Black Adam seems comparable to mainstream Superman.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ximpossibrux

@Freefa11: He never pulled a 1/3 of the Earth. That is one of the most comcbook misconceptions on the planet. Kyle moved it with help from magic.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Freefa11

@XImpossibruX: Interesting. I should get to reading that arc for better context. I believe it is the Obsidian Age?

I will point out though, that your scan doesn't actually say they failed to move it at all, just that they were "losing it." There have been numerous times I lifted a large or heavy object and managed to carry it a short distance before losing my grip and having it unceremoniously crash to the ground, so the phrase could easily refer to that kind of "losing."

Just for the record, I do consider moving the earth without completely wrecking the crust a ridiculous feat as well (oh wait, Batman was "compensating." I guess he had some sort of "tectonic stability Bat-spray" in his belt at the time that magically prevented the surface of the entire earth from getting ripped apart), so I don't want it to seem like I'm going too far out of my way to defend this.

What about the scans where Superman is pulling the earth with the assistance of Green Lantern? Do you know much about that instance?

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngryHulks

I guess All-Star Superman, Black Adam is almost overwhelmed by mid-tiers.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matmatxm8

@Freefa11 said:

@matmatxm8 said:

No Caption Provided

Blech. Stuff like that is why I have issues with Morrison. What scientist would use a ridiculous term like "quintillion," as opposed to a simple and proper 10^18? And how the heck are you going to build a machine that can exert that much force anyway? And why would you build it? And why isn't the floor getting crushed under the strain? It exists for no other reason than Morrison to say "Hey guys! Look how totally awesome Superman is!"

Okay, logic rant out of the way, if you actually run the numbers, and compare this to the "pulling 1/3 the earth" feat that gets trotted out so often, even 1/3 of the Earth's mass "weighs" (almost exactly) 11 times more than this. Granted, Superman was straining to move the earth, while AS Supes is having an easy time here, but a factor of 11 is also a pretty big difference to make up for (it is the same difference as curling a 10 lb dumbbell vs curling a 110 lb dumbbell), meaning that, at least based on this scan alone, there is actually little reason to believe AS Supes is significantly stronger than regular Supes.

I haven't read AS Superman, so I can't comment on any other abilities or showings he may have, I'm just saying that if the above is his best strength feat, mainstream Superman technically has better already, and Black Adam seems comparable to mainstream Superman.

You mad bro, you're just saying that because you hate Superman isn't it?

Why do you hate superman?

Is it because he is so overpowered that the story of superman becomes boring?

You're just a typical batman fan,

you hate overpowered people that you want to find a way to prove that they are weak?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By Pokeysteve

@matmatxm8 said:

@Freefa11 said:

@matmatxm8 said:

No Caption Provided

you hate overpowered people that you want to find a way to prove that they are weak?

Lol he's clearly not hating on anyone. He just laid it out that there is nothing special about All Star Superman. The people who hate Superman are WAAAAAAAAAY more obvious about it hahaha.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By matmatxm8

@Pokeysteve said:

@matmatxm8 said:

@Freefa11 said:

@matmatxm8 said:

No Caption Provided

Lol he's clearly not hating on anyone. He just laid it out that there is nothing special about All Star Superman. The people who hate Superman are WAAAAAAAAAY more obvious about it hahaha.

Who knows, but he might be one of "superman haters"

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Freefa11

@matmatxm8: LOL. Joke post, right? I mean, it seems pretty obvious that it should be, what with my post basically boiling down to "Superman > Superman", but sometimes it can be hard to tell around here.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MonsterStomp

Superman, but not without taking a massive beating.

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheTmac

I forget if all star supes was weak against magic,if he was then black adam takes it after a hard fight.