• 72 results
#1 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

This is basically a test of endurance. Who in the Marvel Universe (no Gods, Celestials or Cosmic beings), can survive WW Hulk's strongest punch in the face?

Back up your answer.

#2 Posted by HellionVulcan (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwin
Absorbing man with the right material absorbed
any one with really high level durability .

#3 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty =)

#4 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

Gladiator

Sentry
Thorbuster Iron Man

Blue Marvel

Juggernaut

#5 Posted by RemyLeBeau (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggy

#6 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBatman586 said:

Silver Surfer

Gladiator

Sentry
Thorbuster Iron Man

Blue Marvel

Juggernaut

Sorry I did so no cosmic beings.
#7 Posted by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
wolverine - survived a hard hit from WWH (just took awhile to heal), skin regenerated after being completely blown off from an explosion. he'll take the hardest punch to the face and then he'll spend a long time healing

classic juggernaut - couldn't be hurt due to his power from cyttorak, not even godblasts from thor could hurt him

iceman - can't be killed, he'll just transfer his consciousness after being shattered

#8 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinforce said:

wolverine - survived a hard hit from WWH (just took awhile to heal), skin regenerated after being completely blown off from an explosion. he'll take the hardest punch to the face and then he'll spend a long time healing

classic juggernaut - couldn't be hurt due to his power from cyttorak, not even godblasts from thor could hurt him

iceman - can't be killed, he'll just transfer his consciousness after being shattered

Correction: Wolverine survived no less than six full forced blows to the noggin. And was up and at em a few panels later. Wolverine is badass.
#9 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, a picture's worth a thousand words;

Count them... six punches. And, like I said, Wolverine was up a few short panels later.

#10 Posted by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think any street levels beyond logan could.  kitty doesnt count, she wouldnt take the hit.  even guys with hf,s would either get their head totally crushed or knocked off.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24623 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Immortal, he probably will die but he'll get better 

#12 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:

Count them... six punches. And, like I said, Wolverine was up a few short panels later.

By "he was up", I"m assuming you mean "he was capable of standing". And by "a few short panels later" I'm assuming you mean "twelve pages into the next issue".
#13 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy)))
Nope. After knocking Logan unconscious, WWHulk had a two page battle with powered down Juggernaut then broke into the X-mansion. Who was up and standing between Hulk and Professor X?

Wolverine. He was up, talking, and ready to throw down again (though obviously not fully healed).

Reread the book... then comment with authority. I can post the sequence if you really want ...

#14 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying to remember, it's been a while since I read WWH. Didn't that mutant kid that could cause people to see their fears take a punch from the Hulk and live? He made it seem like the Juggernaut was there fighting him, then Abomination. The Hulk when he saw the Juggernaut through the kids powers he said " You already jobbed to me last time."

#15 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII

Nope. After knocking Logan unconscious, WWHulk had a two page battle with powered down Juggernaut then broke into the X-mansion.

How is that different from what I said?
Wolverine wasn't back on his feet until the twelfth page of the next issue. That's easily proven. You can even count the pages yourself if you want. How is it disproven by explaining what happened in the fight while he was unconcious? 

He was up, talking, and ready to throw down again (though obviously not fully healed).

HA. "Up and talking".
Up: check the artwork in the panel. Notice the little wavy lines around Wolverine's body, indicating shaky movement? Yeah, Wolvering was having trouble even standing.
Talking: "...far... as you go, bub..."
Ready to throw down again: look at the next panel to see how "ready to throw down" he was.

Reread the book

I've got it right in front of me.

I can post the sequence if you really want ...

Not necessary. 

#16 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Mr. Fantastic but I do not say it with conviction. 

-Sandman 
- Hydroman 
- Living Lightning 
- anyone in the Destroyer armor 
- Rockslide
#17 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@Super_SoldierXII said:

By "he was up", I"m assuming you mean "he was capable of standing". And by "a few short panels later" I'm assuming you mean "twelve pages into the next issue".

was that wwhulks strongest punch or his soft blows?
#18 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
Trying to remember, it's been a while since I read WWH. Didn't that mutant kid that could cause people to see their fears take a punch from the Hulk and live? He made it seem like the Juggernaut was there fighting him, then Abomination. The Hulk when he saw the Juggernaut through the kids powers he said " You already jobbed to me last time."
That is correct. Hulk hit Trauma (after he had reverted back to human form), but Trauma survived.
In the World War Hulk series, Hulk was stronger than ever before, but he was also more in control of his strength than ever before. Despite how incredibly brutal some of his fights got, Hulk never killed anybody during that entire series. The only people he wanted revenge on were the Illuminati members who had tried to banish him in the first place. He got in fights with a lot of other people while on his revenge mission, but he didn't want anybody else to die.

So, in a way, pretty much anybody could survive a punch from WWHulk, unless they were one of the few people he wanted to kill.
#19 Posted by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio

like thats less than logan usually says?  ha!  

#20 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@Super_SoldierXII said:

Considering that Hulk didn't want any unnecessary deaths in that series, I'd imagine that he was not punching full-force.
#21 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1125 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@Lance Bastro said:
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@Super_SoldierXII said:

Considering that Hulk didn't want any unnecessary deaths in that series, I'd imagine that he was not punching full-force.
i feel that if he was going full force head would have become separate from body
#22 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah screw it, I'll post it anyway;

There is the sequence ... note that Logan lasted longer than Juggernaut against WWHulk. Now count the panels. I don't see twelve pages here ... do you?

#23 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Lance Bastro said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Bull crap. Hulk wanted Logan OUT cold. Why would he punch him half a dozen times if he could accomplish what he wanted with ONE blow? Nonesense.
#24 Posted by HellionVulcan (3625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:

There is the sequence ... note that Logan lasted longer than Juggernaut against WWHulk. Now count the panels. I don't see twelve pages here ... do you?

Thats depowered Juggernaut thou as when Juggernaut got his powers back he pretty much owned WWhulk by himself better then what Logan did .
#25 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@HellionVulcan
I understand that. WWHulk handed depowered Juggernaut his arse. I should have specified that in my post.
#26 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@(((Prodigy)))
Nope. After knocking Logan unconscious, WWHulk had a two page battle with powered down Juggernaut then broke into the X-mansion. Who was up and standing between Hulk and Professor X?

Wolverine. He was up, talking, and ready to throw down again (though obviously not fully healed).

Reread the book... then comment with authority. I can post the sequence if you really want ...

do it. I don't have mine on my persons(if it's okay with you)
#27 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:

WWhulk knows the juggernaut, hulk must of used his mos powerful blows to smash on the depowered juggernaut. if he threw the same punch at logan, all the flesh would disintegrate and all that would be left would be adamantium skeleton 
#28 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@Super_SoldierXII

Nope. After knocking Logan unconscious, WWHulk had a two page battle with powered down Juggernaut then broke into the X-mansion.

How is that different from what I said?
Wolverine wasn't back on his feet until the twelfth page of the next issue. That's easily proven. You can even count the pages yourself if you want. How is it disproven by explaining what happened in the fight while he was unconcious? 

He was up, talking, and ready to throw down again (though obviously not fully healed).

HA. "Up and talking".
Up: check the artwork in the panel. Notice the little wavy lines around Wolverine's body, indicating shaky movement? Yeah, Wolvering was having trouble even standing.
Talking: "...far... as you go, bub..."
Ready to throw down again: look at the next panel to see how "ready to throw down" he was.

Reread the book

I've got it right in front of me.

I can post the sequence if you really want ...

Not necessary. 

show me. I want to see

(I am in no way adding fire, I just want to see again.)

#29 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@Westlife
I did ... see above.
#30 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

WWhulk knows the juggernaut, hulk must of used his mos powerful blows to smash on the depowered juggernaut. if he threw the same punch at logan, all the flesh would disintegrate and all that would be left would be adamantium skeleton 

That is completely ridiculous. Wovlerine and Hulk have battled countless times. All the flesh would disintigrate?? What?? That is baseless drivle. Why don't we stick with comic book feats and stop making up our own wishful thinking. Are you trolling or is that supposed to be a serious claim? He'd break flesh at the point of contact, but Logan would heal from that almost immediately. Disintigrate his flesh??

Sigh...

#31 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy)))
It's possible. He knows Wolverine can take it. Just a possibility.
#32 Posted by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII: Correction: Never said that was the only hit he took. I've read their fight.
#33 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinforce said:

Here... I quoted you. You said he survived "a hard hit from WWHulk" suggesting that it took a while to heal from. So please, with respect, don't turn around and say otherwise. Took a long time to heal... ya... right ... what's a long time for you? A few minutes? Because that's all it took to heal from more than half a dozen full blown hits to the head. Your words are right there. Please don't act like I miss quoted you when I clearly did not.
#34 Posted by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII: Correction: You mentioned before that " Wolverine survived no less than six full forced blows to the noggin" and my response was that i never said he only took one hit. It seemed as though you were correcting my "survived a hard hit" statement and suggesting that i only thought it took one hit to take down wolvie. My point was that i never said he only took one hit when i think it seemed to you that i was saying wolverine was weak. I could have very well been wrong about the "long time heal" statement but you still mistook what i said. Please chill. Thank you.
#35 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Lance Bastro said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Bull crap. Hulk wanted Logan OUT cold. Why would he punch him half a dozen times if he could accomplish what he wanted with ONE blow? Nonesense.
Because he was keeping himself in check. Hitting Wolverine too hard could cause lasting brain trauma and injuries (unless I am mistaken, Hulk has dented adamantium before). If you're fighting someone you don't actually want to injure, why try to go for a 1-hit KO and risk giving them a concussion, when you can land a few lighter hits much more safely?

Also, I noticed you have no reply for that post I made to you earlier...
#36 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy)))
Your logic is biased here I think. And please scroll up. I posted the sequence in question in the order in which it happened outside of the extraneous.

Lasting brain damage to Wolverine?? Jeez ... I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about here with regards to the character known as Wolverine, and should probably quit whle ahead. I don't mean to be too harsh and I don't really give a crap whether I gain the upperhand here ... but do you not know what Logan heals through? No damage is 'permanent' to Logan.

And yes, you are mistaken. Thor's hammer, the full force of Mjolnir, has only dented adamantium. Generally speaking, whenever adamantium has been bent or destroyed, it has been secondary adamantium ... far inferior to the adamantium molecularily bonded to Wovlerines bones AND ligaments etc. etc.

#37 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@odinforce said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Correction: You mentioned before that " Wolverine survived no less than six full forced blows to the noggin" and my response was that i never said he only took one hit. It seemed as though you were correcting my "survived a hard hit" statement and suggesting that i only thought it took one hit to take down wolvie. My point was that i never said he only took one hit when i think it seemed to you that i was saying wolverine was weak. I could have very well been wrong about the "long time heal" statement but you still mistook what i said. Please chill. Thank you.

I am very chill thank you. You're wording was very misleading I'm afraid. My response was perfectly ligit based on what you actually said irregardless of what you actually meant. If you saw the fight then fine, no more to say about it.
#38 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:

And please scroll up. I posted the sequence in question in the order in which it happened outside of the extraneous.

My mistake. I did not see that post.

No, I do not see twelve pages there, but that is because you did not post all of the pages from that fight. 
I don't have a scanner, so I can't post scans of the fight, so I'll just have to lay it out in text:
Page 1: Wolverine is now unconcious. Juggernaut attacks Hulk.
Page 2: Hulk beats down depowered Juggernaut.
Pages 3 and 4: Splash page. Nightcrawler, Hepzibah, and X-Factor show up at the fight.
--Here is where one issue ends and the next on picks up.
Pages 5 and 6: Another splash page, with all the newcomers at the battle attacking Hulk.
Pages 7-15: A lot of fighting between Hulk and X-Factor. (I can't figure out how I was counting only 12 pages before...)
Page 16: This is the page you put immediately after Hulk defeating Juggernaut, in which Hulk begins to enter the Mansion and Wolverine resists.

If you know this fight only from scans, it would seem that your scans are very incomplete. There's a heck of a lot of fighting that goes on between Hulk defeating Juggernaut, and Hulk walking into the Mansion.

And yes, you are mistaken. Thor's hammer, the full force of Mjolnir, has only dented adamantium. Generally speaking, whenever adamantium has been bent or destroyed, it has been secondary adamantium ... far inferior to the adamantium molecularily bonded to Wovlerines bones AND ligaments etc. etc. 

It's been quite a while since I read the first Secret War, but I am fairly certain I remember Hulk denting Ultron's adamantium shell during that arc. 

#39 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

And please scroll up. I posted the sequence in question in the order in which it happened outside of the extraneous.

My mistake. I did not see that post.

No, I do not see twelve pages there, but that is because you did not post all of the pages from that fight. 
I don't have a scanner, so I can't post scans of the fight, so I'll just have to lay it out in text:
Page 1: Wolverine is now unconcious. Juggernaut attacks Hulk.
Page 2: Hulk beats down depowered Juggernaut.
Pages 3 and 4: Splash page. Nightcrawler, Hepzibah, and X-Factor show up at the fight.
--Here is where one issue ends and the next on picks up.
Pages 5 and 6: Another splash page, with all the newcomers at the battle attacking Hulk.
Pages 7-15: A lot of fighting between Hulk and X-Factor. (I can't figure out how I was counting only 12 pages before...)
Page 16: This is the page you put immediately after Hulk defeating Juggernaut, in which Hulk begins to enter the Mansion and Wolverine resists.

If you know this fight only from scans, it would seem that your scans are very incomplete. There's a heck of a lot of fighting that goes on between Hulk defeating Juggernaut, and Hulk walking into the Mansion.

It's been quite a while since I read the first Secret War, but I am fairly certain I remember Hulk denting Ultron's adamantium shell during that arc. 

I don't have a scanner either and rely on the limited picks available online. Which is why I said minus the extraneous. Truth is, I haven't read the book in a while and will not bother digging it out of my collection at this time of night. Irregardless, the point stands. I posted the relevant pics pertaining to the battle in question. Wolverine did not take more than a few minutes to get back up on his feet regardless of page numbers involved in the book itself. I think you get the point I was trying to make yet still you felt the need to intercede with unimportant specifics... guessing at a page number to cut into a valid point with an unimportant detail... in an effort to do what exactly? Like I said, the point still stands. Wovlerine did not take long at all to get back to his feet after such a beating. So, in answer to the OP's question, Logan can, has and does soak WWHulk level blows.

And only the Prime Ultron was made with primary adamantium. True adamantium is nearly impossible to procure. Most incarnations of Ultron are made with secondary adamantium or steel. It's extremely hard to come by. Even Apocalypse had to harvest it from Cyber (killing him in the process). And Secret Wars, in general, is a well known PIS and CIS party best to be avoided. Adamantium hadn't even been established as the indestructible alloy it is known as today back when Ultron was first conceptualized in 1967. So there are holes here.

On a side note, and despite feats, I believe an enraged and fully powered Hulk should be able to do some damage to True Adamantium. However, as is, primary adamantium in indestructible and unbreakable in Marvel canon. Wolverine heals from being incinerated by Nitro and dumped in a vat of lava. WWHulk knows he need not fear doing permanent damage and there is absolutely nothing to suggest he was holding back. This is pure conjecture on your part.

#40 Posted by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk says in the stupid scans you guys keep quoting that he knows he cant kill wolverine.  why in the mother of god are you two nerds still debating it?  who the hell said a punch would disintigrate his face?!   you mouth breathers from ohio need to stop rubbing your stupid on the forums.

#41 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert said:
hulk says in the stupid scans you guys keep quoting that he knows he cant kill wolverine.  why in the mother of god are you two nerds still debating it?  who the hell said a punch would disintigrate his face?!   you mouth breathers from ohio need to stop rubbing your stupid on the forums.

LOL! Ya, my next comment would have been to read the scans... la sigh indeed.
#42 Posted by --Anubis-- (668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_SoldierXII said:

You left out a lot of pages there.
#43 Edited by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII

undefined

The only point I was trying to make was that what you were saying about Wolverine on the first page was highly exagerated. You said he took the punches and then was "up and at em" "a few short panels later." When in fact he was barely able to stand up halfway through the next issue.

So yes, he does soak WWHulk level blows. Just not nearly as easily as you were indicating.

And only the Prime Ultron was made with primary adamantium. True adamantium is nearly impossible to procure. Most incarnations of Ultron are made with secondary adamantium or steel. It's extremely hard to come by. Even Apocalypse had to harvest it from Cyber (killing him in the process). And Secret Wars, in general, is a well known PIS and CIS party best to be avoided. Adamantium hadn't even been established as the indestructible alloy it is known as today back when Ultron was first conceptualized in 1967. So there are holes here.

I stand corrected then.

On a side note, and despite feats, I believe an enraged and fully powered Hulk should be able to do some damage to True Adamantium. However, as is, primary adamantium in indestructible and unbreakable in Marvel canon. Wolverine heals from being incinerated by Nitro and dumped in a vat of lava. WWHulk knows he need not fear doing permanent damage and there is absolutely nothing to suggest he was holding back. This is pure conjecture on your part.

Hmm. I had been under the impression that primary adamantium had been damaged before in comics. I guess I heard wrong then.

Dang it. The quote function is glitching.

#44 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert said:

You, sir, need to take a chill pill.
#45 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares what pages where left out, the 1st page its the only one that matters, I'll just quote Hulk: "I know I can't kill you" and he then lands 7 shots in a row on Logan's face.

The thread is about who can take a single shot, Logan took 7. 

#46 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy)))

I admit, I exaggerated to make a point. But I do believe regardless the number of pages in between sequences, no more than 5 min real time could have elapsed... so all things considered, Logan did recover rather quickly from having his brains scrambled by WWHulk.... then got punched into BFR hell for his troubles! I used 'a few pannels' later as a figure of speech to indicate he did not stay down throughout the battle... the fact he managed to find his feet (wobbly or not) is testament to Wolverine's phenomenal durability.

But you were right to point out the exaggeration.

#47 Posted by AssertingValor (5381 posts) - - Show Bio

WW hulk doesn't stand a chance against 8th day juggs!.............
#48 Posted by Outside_85 (8134 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much anyone who could turn intangible one way or the other would survive it, but i guess thats cheating.
Btw, if anyone could kill Logan with his bare hands, my money is on the greenskin.

#49 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6172 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85 said:

Pretty much anyone who could turn intangible one way or the other would survive it, but i guess thats cheating.Btw, if anyone could kill Logan with his bare hands, my money is on the greenskin.

There's a pretty solid argument that the inverse of this is true as well. The only way Hulk would kill Wolverine is pulling his head off. The adamantium molecularily bonded to bones, ligaments and joints make this unlikely. Almost, but not quite, as unlikely as Wolverine carving Hulk's head off. Fact is, when Logan was brainwashed and turned into Death, one of the horsemen of Apocalypse, he came close to doing just that...
#50 Posted by Outside_85 (8134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII

But it is possible, since Logan's bones are night unbreakable, but the gristle (not sure its the right for it) between the bones arent since it would render Logan immobile if it was (his chest wouldnt be able to rise and fall with his breathing for example).