#1 Edited by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Win by Knock Out or Death. Takes place in mount olympis. Moral off. No BFR.

#2 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

I think team 1.

#3 Posted by Enemybird (3278 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut cant lose in these conditions

#4 Edited by xeon1cs (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

This is incredibly one-sided.

First of all, why Justice League Superman?

Second, why morals on for Team 2, when you've already made this 3v2 to begin with.

#5 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird said:

Current Juggernaut will be stripped of his invulnerability and cut off from his power source by Thor's infinity vortex.

#6 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Enemybird said:

Current Juggernaut will be stripped of his invulnerability and cut off from his power source by Thor's infinity vortex.

he wasn't fully striped of it as thor punched him 3 times afterwards so hes still durable enough to handle punches but for this to be fair it has to be Classic level & he can't be defeated in this .

#7 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Team 1 wins. Mostly because of Juggernaut and Doomsday.

#8 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@HellionVulcan said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Enemybird said:

he wasn't fully striped of it as thor punched him 3 times afterwards so hes still durable enough to handle punches but for this to be fair it has to be Classic level & he can't be defeated in this .

Just because Juggernaut was capable of taking three strikes after his invulnerability was stripped doesn't mean it wasn't fully stripped, but that Juggernaut simply had high levels of durability that appears to be on Thor or Hulks level. Juggernaut's invulnerability was top notch, unable to be harmed whatsoever by beings of herald caliber. Once Thor took it away, he was beating Juggernaut down with physical strikes. The fact that Juggernaut can take Thor's strikes after pushing Thor for so long implies that his durability is along Hulk's range, and the fact that he was actually feeling Thor's strikes and receiving damage from it implies that he is no longer invulnerable to its true sense.

Superman possesses nigh-invulnerability and so does Thor, Juggernaut possesses invulnerability to the word definition. One can easily conclude that if Superman and Thor struck each other, they would indeed feel it despite their nigh-invulnerability but it will not take either of them down for the count. Looking at the way Juggernaut was handling Thor's strikes, it's safe to say that his durability ranges from Hulk's to Thor's level, from top tier durability coupled with an absurd healing factor to nigh-invulnerability. There's a vast difference between nigh invulnerability and invulnerability and an even bigger difference between durability and invulnerability. Juggernaut was indeed stripped of his invulnerability.

#9 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 stomps, the only problem will POSSIBLY be Thor, but a 3 on 1 will be too much for him, if team 1 is smart they'll blitz THor, and the rest is smooth sailing.

#10 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#11 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Are gladiator and superman useless in this battle.

#12 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday solos.

#13 Posted by BenTheAsgardianLantern (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Team G.T.S (Gladiator, Thor, Superman)

#14 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how the poster of this battle took off the cartoon Superman, it is then presumed to be the foremost current DCnU Superman. In that case, team two wins.

#15 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

Doomsday solos.
#16 Posted by time (5109 posts) - - Show Bio

I say team 2 cause of Superman

#17 Posted by Enemybird (3278 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Enemybird said:

It's obvious we're referring to two different juggernauts.

#18 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Enemybird said:

It's obvious we're referring to two different juggernauts.

I'm referring to classic Juggernaut as an example to the current one, Colossus. Both the former and the latter are empowered by the gem of Cyttorak. Unless the different incarnations possesses entirely different methods of empowerment, the conclusion remains the same but of course, you know this.

#19 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird said:

Pretty much.

Also:

@80sBaby said:

Doomsday solos.
#20 Posted by Agent_California (762 posts) - - Show Bio

While Team 2 has a better rounded roster, there's little they have to overcome classic juggernaut/colossonaut or Doomsday, although I don't think Doomsday has adapted to a godblast or anti-force ray, or magically enchanted Uru to the skull. If it's to the first death, then if the team plays smart they could take out Doomsday right away, and then Hulk gets wasted, and if Thor repeats his vortex trick they could bring down the juggernaut. But if they slip up, then Doomsday is going to wreck them.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Enemybird said:

Anything to suggest Thor (current) even know about the infinity vortex. It was pretty much a one time thing, performed by Erik Masterson as Thor, so can you show me an instance this current Thor ever doing anything similar?

Also even in the instance you are talking about, he could only negate it for 60 seconds and still fail to beat him.

Apart from that Juggernaut has pretty much always gotten the better of Thor, and even tanked his most powerful attack with little problem.

#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Enemybird said:

Anything to suggest Thor (current) even know about the infinity vortex. It was pretty much a one time thing, performed by Erik Masterson as Thor, so can you show me an instance this current Thor ever doing anything similar?

Also even in the instance you are talking about, he could only negate it for 60 seconds and still fail to beat him.

Apart from that Juggernaut has pretty much always gotten the better of Thor, and even tanked his most powerful attack with little problem.

He used IV against Kang, Infinity's warrior, Grandmaster bomb and possibly currently in Thor annual, since IDK anything about Thor ability to create shields. 
Besides, IV is just covering whole place with Mjolnir and Thor is often using Mjolnir to reflect enemies' attacks.
#23 Edited by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:

Nothing disproves that current Thor is unbeknownst to the infinity vortex and as evident months ago, our definition in depiction towards classic and current continuity differs quite so as debating approaches will not be the same so thus, our conclusions differ. And to answer your question, it depends on how you're asking it. Doing something similar? Yes. Exactly? No.

This contradicts the first statement you posted; which was a pretty much a one time thing preformed by Masterson as Thor. The reason Thor only used the infinity vortex for sixty seconds was because of the sixty second limit with Blake. Without this fatal weakness, Thor would have taken down Juggernaut from what was being shown when he stripped the brute of his invulnerability and forcefield.

There was a reason I would actually take the time to post the bit on Thor v. Juggernaut. If it went as your post stated, then I wouldn't have bothered as it would be superfluous to the battle at hand but all evidence to the contrary, I did so thus it is of importance and should insinuate that I do have an idea of what I'm talking about which renders your second post rather redundant.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Nothing disproves that current Thor is unbeknownst to the infinity vortex and as evident months ago, our definition in depiction towards classic and current continuity differs quite so as debating approaches will not be the same so thus, our conclusions differ. And to answer your question, it depends on how you're asking it. Doing something similar? Yes. Exactly? No.

I am not arguing about classic and current continuity, but the point was there is little to nothing to show Thor can do what he did to juggernaut against, as one was done by Masterson Thor and the one in question being normal Thor. While they did have shared memories, after blood and thunder, its doubtful if Thor remember much.

At least to me what he has done before and after that looks a lot different.

This is the instance with juggernaut.

To be the forcefield looked like it was cutting mystical energy specifically, and furthermore he refers to this attack as a spell (no mention of infinity vortex nor it being a normal infinity vortex in the issue in question)

When you say something similar, after that point, i would assume you are talking about say Thor annual very recently where he used that to prevent telepathy, or the time when he used that against Kang.

Against Kang

Against telepathy

I for one dont really see it as similar because being able to block telepathy (latter instance) and being able to put something on a time field (formal instance) vs being able to curtain a being's magical energy sound very different at least to me.

Any reason to suggest Thor can do that , i.e. negate magical powers of his enemy?

Because Thor and juggernaut has faced after that, during Eight Day, and Thor never even tried it but almost got knocked unconcious by a bear hug

So you are saying Thor could perform something he did only against Juggernaut, and something he has never tired since. While i am going with what has happened with Thor and Juggernaut every time apart from that one instance.

#25 Edited by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:

I am not arguing about classic and current continuity, but the point was there is little to nothing to show Thor can do what he did to juggernaut against, as one was done by Masterson Thor and the one in question being normal Thor. While they did have shared memories, after blood and thunder, its doubtful if Thor remember much.

To clarify the confusion, I referred to his spell he used against the Juggernaut as the infinity vortex. To eradicate all confusions, I'll refer to it as a spell and leave the infinity vortex out of this conversation since it now technically serves no purpose here now.

So you are saying Thor could perform something he did only against Juggernaut, and something he has never tired since. While i am going with what has happened with Thor and Juggernaut every time apart from that one instance.

Then that's deluding the fact that in one fight, Thor has indeed done something that is consistent in his classic days, preforming abilities that he never seems to replicate in modern day due to the differences of modern era and that of the past. In retrospect, Thor has a history repleted with exotic powers that he never uses anymore yet have done so consistently in the past, come to be accepted as actual feats due to consistency but now discounted because it is no longer preformed? The reason Thor can preform such powers was because Mjolnir is the avatar that allowed the writer to create and make up powers for the sake of the plot.

I can state that it's incredibly stupid to engage Juggernaut in a direct confrontation after facing him in the past that lead to no avail without his spell and yet, Thor did so. Now this makes no sense does it not? Even someone of average intellect will not make such a mistake and yet, why did Thor do so? It will boil down to certain characteristic factors but of course, superfluous to state at the very moment as I've no intent on actually debating in favor for Thor.

Featwise under Comicvine debating rules and regulations, Thor will engage Juggernaut in a physical confrontation, cast a few lightnings, and will lose eventually. In a few strikes as a matter of fact.

What I see: Nothing discounts the possibility that he could preform an exotic feat in that battle, depending on the vocation of the writing and the story at hand. Want to eliminate Thor from a plot that he's too powerful to have a big role in? Take him out and provide a slightly reasonable excuse to do so. Being called back to Asgard, characters that can contend against Thor, etc. Characters to do so? The Hulk, Juggernaut, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer, and the list goes on. Want to use Thor as the primary powerhouse against godlike beings? Write him to a level that's beyond anything seen in any earthbound characters, feats that seems to place Thor far beyond the levels of the Hulk and whatnot.

Example would include Thor v. Glory and comparing it to Thor v. Dark Avengers, from attempting to take on a skyfather or more powerful level being to being beaten down physically by Iron Patriot and his team of the DA, from displaying decent speed feats to being a slow and sluggish brute.

EDIT: In order to debate about this in a fair manner and ardent analysis, considering all the possibilities of what could occur is wise and is one step closer towards a possible conclusion. Isn't that what debating is really? Exchanging ideas to form a reasonable and likely conclusion.

My conclusion: Thor's power massively depends on the sake of the plot and what his role is in that plot. If Thor was a DC character instead of a Marvel one, it's safe to assume his reaction speed would be comparable to its heavy hitters. This logic applies to every characters yes but in Thor's case in Marvel continuity, it affects him the most. Proof? t.His current feats should do more than postulate that.

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

Thor did the same against Infinity's warrior:
Thor blocking Infinity's energy by Infinity Vortex
#27 Posted by logy5000 (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

Team 1 stomps, the only problem will POSSIBLY be Thor, but a 3 on 1 will be too much for him, if team 1 is smart they'll blitz THor, and the rest is smooth sailing.

Superman>Thor.

On topic, Doomsday already cancels out Superman, WWH takes Thor, and Juggernaut would take Gladiator.

Team 1 stomps.

#28 Posted by Bo88gdan (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#29 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#30 Posted by Bo88gdan (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

WWHulk>Gladiator

Juggernaut>Thor

Doomsday>Superman

#31 Posted by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 easily

#32 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bo88gdan said:

WWHulk>Gladiator

Juggernaut>Thor

Doomsday>Superman

Gladiator>>>>>>>>>>.WWHulk
Thor>>>Juggernaut
Superman vs DD - depends on version
#33 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Bo88gdan said:

WWHulk>Gladiator

Juggernaut>Thor

Doomsday>Superman

Gladiator>>>>>>>>>>.WWHulk Thor>>>Juggernaut Superman vs DD - depends on version

This

#34 Posted by Bo88gdan (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Bo88gdan said:

WWHulk>Gladiator

Juggernaut>Thor

Doomsday>Superman

Gladiator>>>>>>>>>>.WWHulk Thor>>>Juggernaut Superman vs DD - depends on version

Hulk Alredy defeated Gladiator,WWHulk would destroy him.

Juggernaut wins against Thor all the time.

Doomsday kills Superman.End of story.

#35 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Bo88gdan said:

WWHulk>Gladiator

Juggernaut>Thor

Doomsday>Superman

Gladiator was weakened during their whole fight & in that fight Gladiator almost killed him with a weakened optic blast & going by world war hulk fight with sentry ,Gladiator wouldn't revert to a human form or anything like that plus wwhulk wouldn't be able to hit Gladiator as his speed would help him win or just brb hulk into space & just takes him apart there .Team 1 wins but wwhulk aren't beating any body lol .

#36 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut Vs Superman=Superman Wins

Doomsday Vs Thor=Doomsday Wins

World War Hulk Vs Gladiator=World War Hulk Wins

Superman beats World War Hulk and after that Doomsday finish Superman.

#37 Posted by JustAnotherComicFan (14 posts) - - Show Bio

this is doomsdays figt

#38 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I already posted here, but, yeah: Team 1 stomps pretty bad. Don't see how all three of them could even take down Doomsday, yet WW Hulk and Juggernaut.

#39 Posted by Axe2k1 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@HellionVulcan said:

@Bo88gdan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Bo88gdan said:

WWHulk>Gladiator

Juggernaut>Thor

Doomsday>Superman

Gladiator was weakened during their whole fight & in that fight Gladiator almost killed him with a weakened optic blast & going by world war hulk fight with sentry ,Gladiator wouldn't revert to a human form or anything like that plus wwhulk wouldn't be able to hit Gladiator as his speed would help him win or just brb hulk into space & just takes him apart there .Team 1 wins but wwhulk aren't beating any body lol .

So much misinformation. This post actually made me register just to dispute it.

The only thing weakening Gladiator was his confidence when Hulk started kicking his ass. And LOL @ him"almost killing" Hulk with his eye beams. Hulk walked right through them and forced them back into his own face. If that fight proved anything it showed Hulk was easily fast enough to keep up with Glad. He had no trouble landing hits on him, and to top it all off, this was Banner-Hulk, one of the weaker incarnations (above grey but weaker than savage & without rage increasing his strength). Nowhere near WWHulk levels.

WWHulk would absolutely wreck Gladiator, most likely Thor too.

Juggs and Doomsday could also beat anyone on Team 2. IMO Team 1 sweeps it.

#40 Edited by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Axe2k1:

this proves other wise & how would world war hulk catch or hit Gladiator as them up to their power limit no Hulk beside cosmic stands a chance against Gladiator but i agree team 1 wins .

Gladiator nearly killing hulk
#41 Posted by Maluke (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@HellionVulcan said:

@Axe2k1:

this proves other wise & how would world war hulk catch or hit Gladiator as them up to their power limit no Hulk beside cosmic stands a chance against Gladiator but i agree team 1 wins .

WWH is probably hell of a lot more durable than this incarnation of Hulk. Think about that.

#42 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maluke said:

@HellionVulcan said:

@Axe2k1:

WWH is probably hell of a lot more durable than this incarnation of Hulk. Think about that.

& Gladiator wouldn't be weakened either by the radiation he was affected by for the issue as marvel had to weaken Gladiator for this fight for hulk to beat him plus wwhulk had his skin blister by cyclops optic blast while Gladiators optic blast equaled that of Phoenix cyclops so wwhulk should be able to be killed by that means but these two don't matter any way as both lose while Juggernaut & Doomsday tear through team 1 .

#43 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator wasn't weakened by anything during that fight. Hulk didn't throw him into the reactor until AFTER he was already beaten down. There's no naration or anything shown/stated that Glads was being weakened prior to being thrown into the reactor.

#44 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: i dont think so

#45 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 FTW

#46 Posted by RulkFTW (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

Gladiator wasn't weakened by anything during that fight. Hulk didn't throw him into the reactor until AFTER he was already beaten down. There's no naration or anything shown/stated that Glads was being weakened prior to being thrown into the reactor.

True.Unless Thor fights smart this is a stomp in favor of team 1.

#47 Posted by termiteone4ever (7899 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday :) he is team buster easily he alone can pull off some feats here .

#48 Posted by themadsurfer (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 but team 1 has a chance because of Jugg and Doomsday, I just think team 2 wins because thor can disable Juggs magic long enough to be blitzed by glads and/or supes

#49 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Thor starts striking people down early team 1 should win.