WT: 2.0 Nickthedevil vs Thetruebarryallen(Vote)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mickey-mouse

Welcome To: "The World Tournament": Read OP First!!!!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Midlevel & Streetlevel Characters

==============================================

Rules: Please Read, New Rules Implemented

1. CAN YOU POST SCANS? IF NOT, DO NOT BE MAD WHEN VOTERS VOTE AGAINST YOU FOR NOT POSTING ENOUGH FEATS FOR YOUR CHARACTERS.
  2. Morals On (Unless Perk Purchased) & In Character.

3. Every team will have advanced knowledge on team members & basic knowledge on opponents.
  4. Every team will receive 2 hours of prep before each Death Match.
  5. All Prep & Fighting Must Happen At The BF, No Leaving The BF Area.
  6. Basic Knowledge: Powers, Skills, Gear, Weapons (No Weaknesses, Morals, Etc)
  7. Team Work Counts A Lot , Old Relationships & Rivalries Count A Lot
  8. No BFR & Can Only Teleport Yourself & Your Personal Gear.
  9. NO TELEFRAG OF ANY KIND(Inside Energy Bombs, Teleporting things inside of enemies, Etc.)
  10. No Time Travel or Time Manipulation of Any Kind.
  11. No Form of Strength or Attack will exceed 100 Tons Of Force(Physical, TK, Energy, Or Other)
  12. NO Reality Warping-Breaking The 4th Wall & All PIS or Plot Powers Are Off.
  13. Any Luck Powers Will Be At Mid Levels.
  14. Any Toon Force Is At Mid Levels.
  15. Speeds Will Not Go Over Mach 5.
  16. Clones are capped at 1,000(This does not automatically mean your character is capable of making 1,000.
  17. Perks that give powers will only work for one individual, not copies/clones to avoid clone abuse.
  18. Win By Death, KO, Or Major Incap.
  19. All maps will be 50 miles(Width) x 50 Miles(Length) x 50 Miles(Sky) x 50 Miles(Water & Land Depth)
  20. I Will Ref The Matches.
  21. Jokes/Sarcasm/One Liners/Puns Are All Acceptable.
  22. If You Feel Someone Is Low Balling Or High Balling A Character-Then Call Them Out.
  23. Any Personal Insults Will Result In An Automatic Loss Of A Match. (THIS WILL BE ENFORCED STRICTLY) 3 Strikes & YOU ARE OUT.
  24. If you run into a problem with another debtor, please PM me.
  25. DO NOT INTERFERE WITH A MATCH.
  26. PLEASE DEBATE WITH HONOR, DO NOT MAKE UP ABILITIES OR BS ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS.
  27. 2 Weeks for each round, some exceptions may be made.
  28. ALL FINAL RULE JUDGMENTS WILL BE MADE BY I.

=========================

VOTING SCORING SYSTEM: (Please Read)

Points DO NOT STACK, votes either fall into one category or the other.

Number Of Posts(Of Voter)Vote Score Amount(Point Worth)
Any Tourney Member3 Points
Over 2,0002 Points
500 to 2,0001 Point
100 to 499.5 Point (Half a Point)
  1. Voters Will Be Screened. Only Voters With At Least 100 Posts Or More Will Be Accepted.(This Rule Will Be Ignored For Those Who Are Actual Tourney Members)
  2. If I Feel That Voters Are Simply Voting For Their Friends or Voting Against A Debator Out Of Spite, I Reserve The Right To Overrule A Bogus Vote.
  3. Voters Need To Leave At Least A 1 Sentence Reason For Voting.
  4. DO NOT OPENLY WHINE ABOUT HOW SOMEONE VOTED. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT A "SUSPECT VOTE" PM ME PRIVATELY.

============================

Nickthedevil: The Superior Spiderman

Team:

No Caption Provided

• Superior Spiderman (2)

PERKS

• Full wiki Knowledge(2)
  • One day Prep (2)x3 = (6)
  • Prep at science Lab (3)
  • Batman H2H (2)
  • Taskmaster copying power(2)
  • Edward Cullen Speed (3)

VS

TTBA: Champions of Gaia

New Team:

Champions of Gaia

• Gaara w/Shukaku [ 5 ]
  • Grifter [ 3 ]
  • Poison Ivy [ 4 ]

Perks

• 2 Character Points [ 4 ]
  • Morals Off & Perfect Teamwork [ 3 ]
  • Full Wiki Knowledge [ 2 ]
  • Juggernaut Helmet [ 1 ]

The Helmet will be given to Poison Ivy - IVYNAU

Battlefield:

Map is 50miles x 50miles x 50miles.

Each side of the map is even in distance & length.

============================================

Population 2,000: 1,000 people on each side of the map.

============================================

DO NOT cross the black line during prep in any form, you may attempt to see what your competitor is doing. Your competitor's college lab, walmart, or homedepot will be considered "off site". Bringing their set up tools or what they build into the battlefield or travel time, to and from their offsite setup is a non issue.

=====================================================

General Population Description: Medieval Times, armed with Medieval Weapons.

Only the men are armed, women & children are unarmed. There is a good even mix of men, women, and children. Any form of super powers will be considered divine miracles or witchcraft by the people, depending on what they are. They only know that there are "strange folk" about. They have limited to almost no info on your teams or what they are up to. The men & women are college athlete level in stats and have fodder solider level combat skills.

No Caption Provided

============================================================

Animal & Plant Life:

European Countryside Level, no real predators outside of some birds. Biggest animals are the cows & horses. Basically think LOTR type of town.

==================================================

No Caption Provided

Deadline: 2 Weeks August 27th

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@nickthedevil - If you need me to post an introduction for my team I'm able to do so.

Other than that - would you like to first or shall I?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

@thetruebarryallen said:

@nickthedevil - If you need me to post an introduction for my team I'm able to do so.

Other than that - would you like to first or shall I?

If you'd like. I only have basic knowledge of Gaara, really. Watched everything with him up to his loss at the hands of naruto in Shukaku form

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a bunch a booty.

I have plans for every other team in this tourney, yours being the only one I'm spotty on the plan for, and I get you round one.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Team TTBA: Team Introductions & Prep Time

• Gaara with Shukaku | Allowed feats up to Naruto's fight with Pain
  • Grifter | Allowed feats in Pre 52 and New 52
  • Poison Ivy | Allowed feats in Pre 52 and New 52

Perks

• Morals Off & Perfect Teamwork
  • Full Wiki Knowledge
  • 1 Juggernaut Helmet | Given to Poison Ivy

Gaara of the Sand + Shukaku

No Caption Provided

Biography

Gaara is a Shinobi [ Ninja ] who hails from Sungakure, one of the five great Shinbo Countries. Due to his upbringing Gaara had an incredibly harsh and ruthless personality; occassionally simulating bloodlust and extreme hatred - the reasoning behind this is due to the fact that he had a demon named Shukaku sealed within him, thus branding him a "monster" by the rest of the village even though Gaara had no choice or part in what had been done to him.

Gaara made many attempts to be friendly and connect with those around him as a child, but due to Shukaku most people avoided him or resented him. The one person who didn't despise Gaara for what he was was Yashamaru, his maternal uncle. Yashamaru helped Gaara though his early childhood, defending him whenever the demon inside caused him to harm others. Unfortunately for both Yashamaru and Gaara, Yashamaru was ordered to attack Gaara both physically and psychology in an attempt to see if Gaara could contain Shukaku, he couldn't and Yashamaru was killed while Gaara knew nothing of the reasoning behind the attack.

Due to these turn of events Gaara became an incredibly cruel individual - harming or killing others in an attempt to prove his worth to those around him and the people of his village; however, it only created fear.

Gaara only understood the concept of fighting for himself up until his confrontation with Naruto during the Chunin Exams - and once defeated by Naruto in combat he finally understood that others could truly appreciate him for who he was and not as the monster inside of him. Gaara eventually learned to travel with friends, understand compassion, and became an ally to Naruto.

Gaara still maintains a dark sense of humor, and has been released of his bond with Shukaku; however, the version of Gaara that I am using in this tournament is still bonded with the One Tailed Demon, Shukaku.

Personality

As mentioned - Gaara was once an incredibly cruel and harsh individual, he had no qualms with killing others to prove his dominance.

Gaara has since learned compassion, and is a kinder individual - granted he can still be incredibly rough around the edges.

For the purposes of this tournament Gaara will be Morals Off.

Powers & Abilities

In the Narutoverse there are three major fields of skill and abilities that a Shinobi utilizes in combat:

• Ninjutsu
  • Genjutsu
  • Taijutsu

I don't believe there really needs to be much distinction about which of Gaara's attacks are which during the debate, it's not like any of the Bleach Characters are immune to a specific form of skill or abilities; however, for the sake of providing depth & detail to this introduction I'll inform you that Gaara mainly uses a Genjutsu known as Magnet Release in order to magnetize sand & use it in combat.

List of Attacks

• Sand Control - Due to Magnet Release Gaara is able to freely manipulate the sand around him & within the Earth for both offensive and defensive purposes.
  • Desert Coffin - One of Gaara's most popular attacks. He uses his powers to completely engulf a foe in sand; thus immobilizing and potentially suffocating them.
  • Desert Funeral - A follow up to the Desert Coffin attack. Gaara makes the sand covering his foe implode to instantly kill his foe via crushing their body.
  • Desert Prison - Gaara can use this attack to entrap a foe no matter where they reside - be it land or air. He creates an airtight space around the foe made of incredibly dense & durable sand.
  • Shield of Sand - Gaara has an automatic defense system within the sand - meaning that the sand around Gaara protects him from projectiles and physical attacks without Gaara having to focus or concentrate on the attack targeting him. This allows Gaara to easily focus on attacking a foe without having to worry about holding up a defensive position.
  • Armor of Sand - Gaara creates a super dense layer of sand that completely covers him from head to toe. It renders most, if not all attacks that make contact with it rather useless.
  • Sand Doppleganger - Gaara can create a completely functional clone out of sand to fight for him & act as defense.
  • Quicksand Waterfall - Gaara can create an incredibly large & powerful tidal wave of sand to disorient & attack his foes.
  • Imperial Desert Funeral - The follow up to the Quicksand Waterfall technique, Gaara uses the massive sea of sand to either crush or liquefy an opponent so quickly that they don't feel any pain before their death.
  • Desert Suspension - Gaara can use the sand around him & ride it in the air thus granting him a form of levitation or flight.
  • Sand Drizzle - An attack that proves Gaara's versatility, he can make it rain sand from above and usually follows up with the Desert Funeral attack.
  • Third Eye - Gaara can create what appears to be an eye made entirely out of sand to spy on his foes while he protects himself in a sphere of incredibly durable & defensive sand.

Shukaku Related Attacks

• Feigning Sleep Technique - Gaara uses this technique in order to let the demon Shukaku take total control during a fight; however, if the spell of sleep is broken then Shukaku becomes contained inside of Gaara once again.
  • Shield of Shukaku - Gaara creates a giant shield to defend himself with.
  • Wind Element: Infinite Sand Storm - A technique in which a powerful blast of wind/sand is sent towards the foe to blow them off their feet & discombobulate them.

Gaara can also transform various portions of his body into monstrous forms - but I don't think he'll be doing that for this fight. If it comes up then I'll explain it then but, if not, no harm done.

Grifter

No Caption Provided

Biography

Cole Cash is Grifter - once a member of a special operatives force he deserted and became a con artist. He was on the verge of an incredibly huge score before a member of the alien species known as the Daemonites tried to posses his body. The fallout from this turned Cash into one of the most wanted men alive, thus he began donning a mask and dubbed himself Grifter, now waging war on the Daemonites.

Throughout his history he has been a member of various teams such as the Wild C.A.T.S.

Personality

Grifter is a con artist and a deserter to the military he once served. He does things for himself, because he wants to do em' - and he doesn't really have a set of morals.

Not that it matters considering he's been gifted perfect teamwork and morals off via a perk I bought.

Powers & Abilities

Grifter is a rather "unknown" character on the battle forums - so hopefully this helps people get a grasp of what he's capable of.

• Marksmanship - Grifter has supurb marksmanship capabilities and has been able to hit targets from incredibly far distances. He traditionally totes around two pistols which he uses to engage his foes.
  • Hand to Hand - Grifter has standard special ops training along with training from the Coda. I doubt he'll be using H2H in this fight, but hey, it's there in case he TRULY needs it.
  • Healing Factor - Due to his exposure to the Gen Factor he has developed an advanced healing factor that has allowed him to heal from deadly wounds such as a broken neck and shattered legs without scarring.
  • Telepathy / Telekinesis - Grifter has also developed the ability to use telepathy and telekinesis due to gen factor exposure. His powers were once sealed away due to his Coda training; however, it has recently been seen that he now has access to his powers again.

Huzzah - so, that's what Grifter can do. Shoot stuff and move things/read things with his mind.

Poison Ivy

No Caption Provided

Biography

Pamela Isley was once a student who studied biochemistry and botany; however, after her physiology was manipulated by the Floranic Man she became the super villain known as Poison Ivy. Under this guise she became an ecoterrorist who would do anything and everything to protect the forests and plant's around here - to which she calls her children and/or babies.

She's flip-flopped several times in terms of morality; however, in the end she generally fights for whatever side benefits her and her agenda the most, commonly being the wrong side of the law.

It should also be noted that even though she is labeled as a Batman Rogue or Villain she is far above street level and her powers have developed enough to the point where she's able to manipulate feats and powers on the levels of Swamp Thing and the Floronic Man.

I'll explain that more in her powers & abilities though.

Personality

Ivy is ruthless and seductive, using her looks and appearance along with pheremones in order to manipulate her foes into becoming her allies or her puppets.

She has no qualms about killing others - and becomes incredibly hostile & offended if anyone is to harm or attack her plants.

Powers & Abilities

I'm allowed to use Pre 52 & New 52 feats for Poison Ivy - which is rad.

• Plant Control - Ivy has total mental control over all forms of plant life, she can cause plants to grow at an exponentially quick rate. She can also create various hybrid plants that have various effects & whatnot. Her plant control is very similar to that of Swamp Thing and the Floronic Man.
  • Plant Avatar Creation - Ivy can create an avatar out of plant life to project her thoughts & speech elsewhere while Ivy remains safe & out of the fray.
  • Plant Communication - Ivy can hear the thoughts of all plants - thus granting her the ability to use them for scouting or spying purposes.

Ivy also is a formidable combatant without her powers; however, I don't see her having to resort to a fist fight in this round, but it might happen. I'll have to see just how powerful your team is & what the plan is.

2 Hours Prep

So my two hours of prep is NOTHING compared to your 3 days [ and two hours ] but I don't really need to do all that much during my prep.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I'll be doing during my prep feel free to address them in your next/first post and we can hopefully come to an agreement. If you don't mention anything then I'll assume that you view my prep as valid.

I'll put everything in bullet notes:

• Ivy will release some pheromones into the air to put the 1,000 inhabitants on my side of the map under my teams control. This will also prevent them from hindering any other parts of my prep.
  • Grifter will scout out the area - just to get a feel for it.
  • Gaara will gather as much sand from his surroundings as he can - he will also use his ability to crush rocks & turn them into sand thus creating even more sand for him to manipulate.
  • Ivy will create a variety of dangerous plants to work as traps on our side of the feel. She's made incredibly thorney vines before, along with venus flytrap like plants that are filled with flesh eating acids.
  • Ivy will also "Overgrow" the area - making my side of the map filled with plants for her to manipulate and use as weapons against your team.

If you need any evidence for the above - feel free to ask, and I can provide.

I can post first if you'd like too - in terms of initiating the battle. I just want to see what you do with your 3 days of prep before we truly begin. Best of luck, @nickthedevil, I feel as if you'll need it.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, in case another post is needed.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

The Superior Spider-man is two men in one, Dr. Otto Octavius' brilliant mind inside Peter Parker's body. Now he's also outfitted with Batman's Hand to hand combat skills, and Taskmaster's instant retrieval of memory will assure me this victory.

Preparation of three days, in a science lab

Dr. Otto Octavius has plenty of time being in a lab, and mostly, preparing ways to defeat specific foes. Since I have full wikipedia knowledge on your team coupled with access to internet for more.

For starters, three days does not seem like a long time, but to the Superior Spider-man, it is plenty of time. His resourcefulness and tech-savy abilities put to stress have accomplished many things. Observe, in Issue #18 of Avenging Spider-manOtto is fighting alongside Thor against an amped raging mad Electro. In the story, Electro found a way to negatively charge himself in a way that would destroy himself, Thor, and half of New York.

No Caption Provided

In Superior Spider-Man #11 He fully outfits Ryker's Island with automated defenses at his beck and call in less than a day, but the more impressive feat, he invents a gravimetric field device that strengthens walls more, as pressure begins to build upon them (If you want scans, you only have to ask).

So, with the introductions done, let's look into your team individually.

Contingency Plan: Gaara of the Sand

At first sight, Gaara would seem to be the MVP of this fight. Without preparation on my side, this would be true in the most horrible way. Yet, Doc Ock has had more than his fair share of run ins with the Sandman and planned accordingly.

In the Amazing Spider-man #338, Doc Ock had black mailed Sandman into joining his revamped Sinister Six team. In a confrontation with Spider-man, Sandman decides he'd had just about enough, and stood up for the Wall Crawler.

No Caption Provided

Now, I do know that when confronted with a giant tsunami of Sand, we'd be left with a lot of assumptions, the foremost being, Does the ray gun transform a spot of sand into glass, or the entire thing? If we take a look at the scan provided above, you'd see that it's a tiny ray hitting sandman's gargantuan body (Which is already much bigger than Ock).

Since this gun is already a device made previously by the Doctor, We can all count on it being in the realm of minutes to a couple hours to build. A dual set of these babies should not be a hard thing to do. This, coupled with the increased speed of Spider-man and his spider-sense, I have this answered.

Contingency Plan: Grifter

Grifter is a powerful telekinetic by his own right, and not someone to be underestimated either. While he mostly relies on firearms to take down what he needs to, he also has massive telekinetic abilities. Most definitely one to focus first, but as far as Raw power is concerned, he is the least of my worries. The best answer would be to speed blitz him before he could connect. More on him later.

Contingency Plan: Poison Ivy

Now, Poison Ivy can be just as deadly as Gaara if let alone, so that will not be happening.

As anyone who's read the Venom titles can tell you, Venom has grown somewhat of a resistance to fire, so nowadays, when fire hits him, and there's hope for injury, it has to be a better-than-average quality of flame. In Superior Spider-man's Darkest Hours Arc, Issue #22, he showcases pyro-webbing, web that combusts with oxygen and, as you can see, still burns while wrapped on it's target.

No Caption Provided

Of course, Venom began to get away due to the negligence of one of Spidey's henchmen, so he had to hit him again with a sonic webbing to put him down, but the Pyro-webbing is what I wanted to show you. Many of Ivy's bigger growths would be left waning. As for her Pheromones, something as simple as small rebreathers, much alike what batman uses regularly to fight her will be enough. Just like in Batman Issue #495 of the Knightfall story arc

No Caption Provided

As far as Ivy herself goes, she has the durability of a normal human, and hitting her with a few rounds of impact webbing would take her out for the count, or leaving her to suffocate.

For the coup d'etat,

Way back, in ye' olde X-men titles (a place I call, The nineties) Forge, an X-man, invented a gun called the neutralizer, and it effectively depowered meta human abilities, mutant or otherwise, as stated on panel, and it even became part of his standard gear temporarily. Many later devices that would work to depower Supers of their abilities came from Forge's own design, things like the Collars used for Prison 42 during the Civil War, and some no-name Anti-Mutant groups fought by the X-men. Your counter to this would probably be something like, how do we know it would work on Gaara? The answer to that is very much based on assumption, but for the likes of Ivy and Grifter, it is exactly what I need. To say Doctor Octavius would need more than three days to build these things is most definitely untrue. I am confident that the Doctor has built more complicated devices in less time.

Field Preparation

I don't care who you are, if you've ever read Superior Spider-man, you'd know that his Spider-bots are very much standard gear. How many Spider-bots he carries with him, varies on the situation, however. I will want a ruling from the ref, @lukehero about how many Spiderbots He's allowed access to. That is another part of my plan and prep.

There's my opener.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Hmmm. How many Spiderbots has always been a controversial question. I always thought if he was heading into a mission he would carry 30 Spiderbots. I am only vaguely familiar with his Spiderbots use, but it always seemed like a while lot anytime I have seen a scan. I'm gonna say 30 for now, unless someone can refute this. I'm gonna go inside my marvel U account and read some Superior Spider Man. I can track down the appearances of his Spider Bots.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@nickthedevil: Hmmm. How many Spiderbots has always been a controversial question. I always thought if he was heading into a mission he would carry 30 Spiderbots. I am only vaguely familiar with his Spiderbots use, but it always seemed like a while lot anytime I have seen a scan. I'm gonna say 30 for now, unless someone can refute this. I'm gonna go inside my marvel U account and read some Superior Spider Man. I can track down the appearances of his Spider Bots.

Every issue of Superior Spider-man.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mickey-mouse

@thetruebarryallen: @nickthedevil: Alright, I read some Superior Spider Man, looks like he carries a crap load. 30 sounds about right.

He said he built thousands, so him carrying 30 doesn't sound ridiculous.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yep - still waiting for Nick to do whatever he was planning on doing with those Spider Bots during his prep.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mickey-mouse
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team TTBA: Rebuttal #1

So it's been about 5 days thus far - and you said you had another portion of your prep to finish but considering the match ends in about a week I'd like to get up some rebuttals. You've still gotta explain what you plan on doing/accomplishing with those 30 Spider Bots but honestly, after doing my own research and reading about them, I didn't find them to be too impressive and I don't see them being a massive game changer, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways - first I'm going to attack your prep, because while Otto is intelligent, there are some things you've stated that I just don't think will fly.

Addressing Nickthedevil's Prep Usage

I'll be breaking this down into several different sections - adding a header & spoiler blocks for each section. I don't disagree with all of your prep, and I'm glad to see you've actually done SOMETHING with it.

However; there are some things that I'd like more clarification on, things I'd like to point out as potential flaws, and things that I agree with you on.

Contingency Plan: Gaara of the Sand

Your contingency plan for Gaara is to design a weapon that Doctor Octopus has used once in all of his appearances that turns sand into glass, the only time it's been used was on Sandman while he was in his base form and had an average amount of sand. You brought up these concerns in your own post - but I'll revisit them here:

• How do we know that a single blast of that would be enough to turn ALL of Gaara's sand into glass?

Your answer for this was that because the beam was smaller than Sandman but still turned him into glass that it would work if Gaara were to use an entire tidal wave of sand, thus turning the entire wave into glass.

This seems to be following a sort of 'No Limits Fallacy' especially considering the complete and utter lack of appearances that weapon has, if you could provide more evidence showing it working on larger bodies of sand instead of a normal sized Sandman then that would be absolutely fantastic.

If you DO manage to prove that this weapon will turn ALL of the sand that Gaara uses into glass then I have several answers for you:

• Gaara can easily crush rocks to create more sand using his abilities.
  • Gaara can drain the earth and minerals around him [ such as within the ground ] and create sand.

So if you were to prove that this NLF weapon that has very limited appearances could turn any mass of sand into a mass of glass then Gaara would easily be able to create more sand - he's done so in the anime & here's a scan from the manga in which he explains that he can drain the ground beneath him of sand.

No Caption Provided

As Gaara states - it doesn't take any effort from him to create more sand from the ground, so blast away, Gaara will just create more and more sand.

There is another fault in this plan - that being that Gaara's sand doesn't clump together as one big mass - he might use a giant wave of sand as a first assault but the moment he realizes that Ock can nullify such an attack [ if you can prove that he could ] then he'll switch up his attack style and attack from multiple directions & thin out the sand into very fine grains.

These fine grains would be nearly impossible to defend against - sure, Ock could blast at them with his dual blasters but he's not going to be fast enough to take out ALL of that sand before it begins assaulting him & eventually forming Gaara's infamous Sand Coffin attack to turn Ock into a fine red mist - as demonstrated below:

As the scans show [ and read ] Gaara is able to manipulate sand be it on the ground, in the ground, or in the air. It might be possible for Ock to turn SOME of the sand into glass - but the sand particles themselves will be too fine & too small for Ock to overcome, and soon Ock would be overwhelmed, disarmed, and buried in a Sand Coffin.

I personally see Gaara defeating Ock - even with what you've done with prep, but of course, I've got plenty more in my arsenal to discuss and unleash.

Contingency Plan: Grifter

You've mentioned that he's a powerful telekinetic - and he surely is, it's honestly the reason why I picked him, yet I didn't see anything in your so called contingency plan to actually deal with him besides "blitz" which won't be happening, if you were ONLY going against Grifter, then that might be a possibility - but Ock is going to be dealing with much more than a single foe throughout the entirety of this fight.

You've also mentioned that Grifter mainly tries to attack foes with his pistols, which is entirely true; however, once he realizes that his foe is far too fast for normal bullets to have an effect he'll resort to using his TK.

Ock may be fast - he's got the speed of Edward Cullen who is rather fast in all honesty, but due to the rules of the tournament the max speed for any character is Mach 5.

I don't know if Edward is THAT fast [ and I'm doubting he is from the respect thread I found of him ] but no matter HOW fast he is he'll get dropped once Grifter uses his TK to hold him in place.

How powerful IS Grifter's TK some might ask - well, let me show you:

Grifter was moving chunks of the landscape with ease - trees and boulders that weigh FAR more than Ock does - there's no reason why he can't use his TK to pin Ock's arms to his sides & hold him in place - thus allowing Gaara to tear him apart with sand, Ivy to crush him with her vines, or the 1000's of villagers we have under our control [ thanks to Ivy's pheromones ] to slice and dice into him with swords, pikes, and pitchforks.

Maybe you'll have more of a defense for this in one of your next posts - but I don't see ANY defense against Grifter's TK, an attack he WILL use when morals off.

Contingency Plan: Poison Ivy

This was to be expected, wasn't it - everyone always thinks that fire will be the end all be all to Ivy's plants; however, I've got some scans to show you that do the following:

• Showcase a plant that Ivy has in her arsenal to douse flames.
  • Showcase Ivy fighting against Harley Quinn & Catwoman when they were armed with flamethrowers.

First up - Ivy's fireproofing plant:

This is from Gotham City Sirens - I don't know the exact issue number but I can search through my comics and find it if you'd like, I don't feel it nessecary but sometime's people like to see issue numbers go along with scans.

Anyways - Ivy was able to douse a rather large fire [ Catwoman's house was on fire ] with just a SINGLE plant - if you think that some Pyro Webbing is going to be the end all be all to Ivy then you're unfortunately mistaken.

Second up - Ivy fighting against fire:

This was also during Gotham City Sirens - Ivy just kept creating new plants to replace those that caught on fire, something she can do in this situation if your pyro webbing can even create a large enough fire & withstand the fireproofing' that Ivy's plants can provide shown in the scans above.

So once again - I personally don't see Ock's fire doing that much damage [ if any ] to Ivy's plant army, considering she's got two hours to build one up and already has access to all the plant life on my side of the field.

However; what IF you managed to somehow defeat all of Ivy's plants [ I have more that I wish to show but I'll save them if things need to get super serious ] what will I do then?

Well - you've effectively guarded against her pheromones - which would've been a really quick way to defeat you, so I'm going for another devastating tactic.

The Superior Spider-Man [ Doctor Octopus ] is a human with human physiology, sure, he's enhanced, but he's still got the same vital organs sitting within his body, correct?

Well that's unfortunate because Ivy has a lovely little trick up her sleeve that she'll be more than willing to use the moment that Ock harms her plants.

This trick was how she took down John Stewart, one of the Green Lantern's from Earth:

Ivy can control the flora inside one's digestion tract thus causing them to become incredibly sick & induce vomiting on spot. This will cause the filtration unit to be expelled from Superior's mouth to allow the vomit to pass while also creating massive discomfort and fatigue. It'll be nearly impossible for Superior to fight while in this state - and his Pyro Webbing will have no effect due to the fact that the flora are inside his intestinal tract.

I currently see no defense for such an attack - and it'll immediately remove Superior from the fight & cripple him with ease - at this point the rest of my team can swiftly dispose of him BEFORE the explosive diarrhea sets in, because nobody wants to deal with that, right?

Object Creation: The Neutralizer

I'm disputing this portion of your prep entirely - Ock cannot build this object, even with three days of prep.

Ock has no knowledge of how to build such an object, nor has he ever built one in the past. Suggesting that he can build one because Forge created one is a baseless assumption - and Forge was able to create one because it's his mutant power to comprehend machines and technology, while also being able to create whatever he can think up.

Ock hasn't built such an object, and there's no reason to suggest he'd build one during prep.

So while it's a cool thought - Ock isn't Forge, and Ock doesn't have the same engineering skills or knowledge that Forge does. To compare the two is an incorrect thing to do.

So you can try and prove to me that Ock can build one of these even though he's never built one in his entire life nor has he ever been shown to have knowledge of them, maybe I'm wrong - but nothing in your argument has convinced me otherwise.

The Battle

I don't see a possible way for you to win this - all of my team members have the potential to solo you in this situation.

• Garaa can easily create more sand - and dispersing it through the air makes it impossible for Ock to turn it ALL to glass.
  • Ivy can create plants to protect against fire while also being able to assault Ock's internal organs via the flora in his intestinal tract.
  • Grifter can hold Ock in place with his ridiculous TK abilities.

I've got more options - but until I see you come up with counters for any of this I don't feel the need to announce them.

Your prep would be impressive & more effective if you were going up against my team in a series of solo matches without any outside help, but as it stands we start on opposite sides of the map [ which is 50 miles long ] and you've got the environment fighting against you [ thanks to Gaara and Ivy ] along with all the Men, Women, and Children on both sides that Ivy can control via pheromones.

Best of luck, @nickthedevil, I think you'll need it, because you're outmatched in this battle.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for billnyethescieceguy
Billnyethescieceguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: @thetruebarryallen: @lukehero: this is a stomp. A full team against Spider-Man. Flagged.

I seriously hope you're joking - this isn't just a random battle for the entirety of Comicvine to participate in.

This is a closed debate between two users [ myself and Nick ] who made teams to compete in a tournament - the match ups were selected randomly.

Nick made his team full knowing what he could potentially go up against - as did I.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Tag me for votes

Avatar image for billnyethescieceguy
Billnyethescieceguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: but you even said he's way outmatched.

Because it's a tournament and I'm supposed to prove that I think my team would be victorious.

I wouldn't make a team, come into the debate, and explain reasons why I think my team would lose.

Do you not grasp the concept of a competition?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1up.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Keenko

TheTrueBarryAllen. He had the quality and and the quanity of post in this match.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@keenko said:

TheTrueBarryAllen. He had the quality and and the quanity of post in this match.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for votes

Voting is up now - come join the party!

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31 HigorM  Moderator

There was not much debate at all, unfortunately. Considering the amount of posts and lack of counters from @nickthedevil, I'm afraid TTBA should go to the next round. Another easy win :P

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@keenko said:

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not much to say, TTBA gets a vote, he pretty much made the only argument.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@wyldsong said:

@lvenger said:

@keenko said:

That's the second time you've stolen my thoughts today :P

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Cut me some slack, I worked 24 hours without much sleep yesterday=P

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dextersinister

TTBA gets a vote,it was his match to lose and nick never got round to convincing us otherwise.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Allen takes it. Nick's strategy was plainly flawed from the first contingency plan and TTBA proved exactly why. Picking a one man team was a bold choice, but not necessarily a wise one.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers