Writer vs Writer

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If these two writers decided to combine their characters in a comic book based on a battle of which they presumed, who would be the victor?

I'm seeing everywhere that writers take a characters steez in a different direction and sometimes write the character out-of-character..

But, this is writer vs Writer and they've created a battle, not me.

FLASH (Wally West) - Mark Waid

VS

Thanos - Jim Starlin

These characters are in character and have morals.

Any means of victory, BFR is acceptable but they can come back.

Fight to KO indefinitrly or death.

(Post Infinity Revelation, pre- INFINITY)

Plot - Thanos was traveling dimensions when a small crack formed within nothingness. Thanos states that he could feel this power the second he was traveling between dimensions and decides to investigate. While investigating, the crack of which was formed is UNLIKE ANYTHING THIS UNIVERSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE. Thanos comes inches within crack and gets sucked in. While Thanos is in the crack, warping and swaying and speeding through this tunnel of speed, he's pushed out of the force by something RED. Thanos was accidentally taken to the DC universe while Wally was manipulating the speed force and caused a fault to crack within an alternate dimension that was shared between the DC and Marvel Universe. A vision of Stormwatch was implanted into Thanos' mind for some reason (Starlin pls) and stands up to explore this new existence.

Thanos then stands up just to be cracked in the face by Wally with a blow that could knock out Superman. Wally states "Who are you? Why are you here?" Thanos then smirks and says "We'll find out; won't we?"

:o

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos

@dondave @killemall @hellionvulcan @cheesesticks @nighthunder @homicidalmaniac @king_stranglehold_da_first @serrure

Flash

@rbt @thetruebarryallen @sync1 @jmarshmallow @pokeysteve @batman242 @ancient_0f_days @unbreakable_fs4 @demonknights @thedailybagel @nighthunder @patrat18 @pierpat @stupid_people @thitiki @godzilla44 @darkseid1006 @themagicstik

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlin's hasn't exactly put speed as one of his priorities when writing Thanos.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Dondave said! Thanos has super speed reactions, but Starlin tends not to display it all that much.

In fact, I don't know if Starlin has written anything suggesting that Flash, even morals on, wouldn't be able to blitz him.

However, he's still Thanos, and at the end of the day theyd probably stalemate, with Wally going to get the Justice League and Thanos needing to do some recon on this new universe.

Jmarshmallow

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Iragexcudder

@tparks: thanks man

@jmarshmallow: I'm cool with that, Starlin usually writes Thanos' thoughts and how he perceives things rather than "oh that's thanos, he's a beast so we have to write him arrogantly". The speed factor could be indulged better because Starlin and Wade working together so it's that IF Factor I love so much

@dondave: I agree but there are other variables he uses that are much greater when in his wording. I feel like every battle we have on comicvine should have a Writer to keep it somewhat balanced. No one else can write Thanos better

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By tparks

@iragexcudder:

I feel like every battle we have on comicvine should have a Writer to keep it somewhat balanced.

It might not work for every battle, but I really like this idea. I might make threads similar to this from now on.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iragexcudder

@tparks: :) an example would be Gambit, I see a lot of Viners saying "Gambit would win... if written correctly" so why not use the writers who do write the characters as they should be and the right way.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think if they fought Thanos would win since he has ways of countering speedsters but Jim Starlin writes Thanos amazingly as sadly i have never read anything Flash related :(.