#1 Posted by SteveMcQueen36 (242 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

No BFR

WOW characters have full powers.

#2 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't think those Warcraft characters would be able to do much against characters Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and Thor.

That Warcraft team is basically a bunch of street level characters except for Jaina, and she can't take all 3 by herself. They'd need people on the level of Arthas, Tirion Fordring, Deathwing and Lo'gosh empowered Varian. And even that may not be enough given the durability of the comic team. You may need to throw in some cosmic entities like Algalon, Aman'Thul the Highfather, Sargeras and Yogg-Saron.

The problem with Warcraft is that it has a lot of street level characters, a few characters that are barely planetary level, and gods that pimp smack the universe. I'm not sure if you'd be able to make a fight against DC/Marvel heavy hitters without it being a stomp for one side or the other.

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus: Yeah pretty much this. I haven't played WoW much but I did play the RTS Warcraft games and the only one here who seems a threat is Jaina and she is essentially a glass cannon who doesn't have the durability to stand up to these comic guys.

#4 Posted by dondave (34547 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 ftw

#5 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

The WoW team losses badly. The guys you picked aren't even all that powerful within the WoW Universe, and honestly even if you used higher tier guys like Arthas, Malfurion and Thrall I don't see them beating the comic team you have there.

#6 Posted by reikai (4103 posts) - - Show Bio

Magic in WoW is, well, more creative than those figures. But it doesn't matter since they're all planet-busters and the WoW team above are all street to city-level.

I wouldn't advise with the cosmic league of WOW. Sargeras goes around unmaking the universe and the combined might of all five Dragon Aspects wouldn't be able to even tickle him.

#7 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Magic in WoW is, well, more creative than those figures. But it doesn't matter since they're all planet-busters and the WoW team above are all street to city-level. I wouldn't advise with the cosmic league of WOW. Sargeras goes around unmaking the universe and the combined might of all five Dragon Aspects wouldn't be able to even tickle him.

Yet you know he'll somehow get his butt kicked by 10/25 street level characters whose only skill is to complain that the right purples didn't drop, which they don't even deserve because they stood in fire and nearly got everyone killed. Because raiding.

#8 Posted by reikai (4103 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. A lot of the major battles against the Top-Tier battles have also had the aid of outside figures. Against Arthas, the whole raid group pretty much got raped until the spirit of Arthas' father came in and saved everyone and allowed Tirion Fordring to shatter Frostmorne.

Against Malygos it was Alexstrasza who came in and really defeated him. Against that minor uprising of C'thun, the Red Dragonflight was there to contain his power. So really the Players in WoW are little more than an Elite army taking care of the Grunt Work while the Main Characters take care of the real issues. Still, WoW was fun to play for a while. But I like SWTOR much more since your character actually has a Story all its own.

#9 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

thor solos

#10 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

problem with this WoW list. one: my Blood Elf Warrior is not there to kick thors ass... :D, and Two: Thrall and Arthas are needed for this list.

#11 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 stomps

#12 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Not really. A lot of the major battles against the Top-Tier battles have also had the aid of outside figures. Against Arthas, the whole raid group pretty much got raped until the spirit of Arthas' father came in and saved everyone and allowed Tirion Fordring to shatter Frostmorne. Against Malygos it was Alexstrasza who came in and really defeated him. Against that minor uprising of C'thun, the Red Dragonflight was there to contain his power. So really the Players in WoW are little more than an Elite army taking care of the Grunt Work while the Main Characters take care of the real issues. Still, WoW was fun to play for a while. But I like SWTOR much more since your character actually has a Story all its own.

For the most part that's true, but sometimes we do some crazy stuff unaided. Ragnaros in Firelands and Algalon in Ulduar being the main examples I can think of right now. The end expansion bosses always have some kind of gimmick to make the story make a little sense, Aspects vs Deathwing, Tirion and Terenas vs Arthas, etc.

#13 Posted by SteveMcQueen36 (242 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with the list is that they don't have that many characters from WOW. I am limited to the comics only. The ideal team would have been; Thrall, Arthas, Medivh, Malfurion Stormrage, & Tirion Fordring. At full power they could give the cosmic team a run for their money.

#14 Posted by reikai (4103 posts) - - Show Bio

No they couldn't. Because everyone on the Comic team is an FTL'er, and no one save the Titans in WoW would be capable of dealing with that. With maybe the exception of Nozdormu who controls time.

#15 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone no team 2 solos

#16 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

@reikai said:

Not really. A lot of the major battles against the Top-Tier battles have also had the aid of outside figures. Against Arthas, the whole raid group pretty much got raped until the spirit of Arthas' father came in and saved everyone and allowed Tirion Fordring to shatter Frostmorne. Against Malygos it was Alexstrasza who came in and really defeated him. Against that minor uprising of C'thun, the Red Dragonflight was there to contain his power. So really the Players in WoW are little more than an Elite army taking care of the Grunt Work while the Main Characters take care of the real issues. Still, WoW was fun to play for a while. But I like SWTOR much more since your character actually has a Story all its own.

For the most part that's true, but sometimes we do some crazy stuff unaided. Ragnaros in Firelands and Algalon in Ulduar being the main examples I can think of right now. The end expansion bosses always have some kind of gimmick to make the story make a little sense, Aspects vs Deathwing, Tirion and Terenas vs Arthas, etc.

Against Ragnaros (in the Firelands fight, when you beat him "for real") you have the help of Malfurion, Cenarius, and the Taurun druid guy whose name I don't remember.

#17 Edited by saiyan_earthling (5378 posts) - - Show Bio

My Paladin>Team 2 period.