• 174 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

The Justice League heavy hitters are off-world stopping an alien invasion, when World War Hulk arrives on the scene. To counter this threat, the League sends in those who are available on Earth... the B-Team!

Team: Aquaman, Guy Gardner, Hawkman, Red Tornado, Steel

VS

World War Hulk

No Caption Provided

Pre-52, standard equipment, in character. Aquaman out of water 15 minutes. Win by KO, incapacitation, or death.

No prep for Hulk. No BFR and no PIS (lets face it Hulk had masses of PIS in WWH) The team arrives on scene and finds out who it is, and has 1 minute to plan tactics before Hulk sees them and the fight starts. No additional support is available for the team. Battle takes place in a deserted part of a city.

Can the B-Team do it?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emperorb777

So I'm guessing Aquaman has the water hand which pretty much just sucks the life out of Hulk.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@Immortal777 said:

So I'm guessing Aquaman has the water hand which pretty much just sucks the life out of Hulk.

I dont know if that would work or not. But, why would in-character Aquaman start off a battle by trying to kill his opponent?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist

@WillPayton said:

@Immortal777 said:

I dont know if that would work or not. But, why would in-character Aquaman start off a battle by trying to kill his opponent?

Yeah, its kinda easy to say "so and so solos with ease with their out of character attack".

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emperorb777

@CadenceV2 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Immortal777 said:

Yeah, its kinda easy to say "so and so solos with ease with their out of character attack".

Well I would like for you both to point out in my post where it says Aquaman solos and where I decide who I feel wins.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

@Immortal777: ..... Um.....

I guess doesn't translate to Aquaman solos? You kinda wrote this as the fact.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By theDCkid

Couldn't hawkman one-shot Hulk with the claw of horus?, anyway even without things like the water hand and the CoH the team still stands a fair chance.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By oceanmaster21

the team wins there all powerful inthere on way especial aquaman and u got steel who is brilliant stragesist and not a bad fighter

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emperorb777

@CadenceV2 said:

@Immortal777: ..... Um.....

I guess doesn't translate to Aquaman solos? You kinda wrote this as the fact.

I doesn't because idk if Aquaman has the water hand OP never specified just put that out there to know whether Aquaman has it or not. I would still like for you to point out exactly where I wrote Aquaman solos instead of assuming what I meant.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida

I may be wrong, but Red Tornado could solo, could he not?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 202122

@Ferro Vida said:

I agree the JLA B team wins Red Tornado could solo as well

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By turoksonofstone

Guy Gardner is the only challenge. Hulk murderstomp.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ferro Vida

@202122 said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I agree the JLA B team wins Red Tornado could solo as well

Thanks, that was my understanding

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

Hulk wins. Honestly. NONE of the can put him down.

Red Tornado pulls the air out of his lungs.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

Hulk doesn't need self sustenance, he can adapt.

Please show scans to support this. Adaptation isn't part of his power set.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jackofspades

@WillPayton:

(lets face it Hulk had masses of PIS in WWH) wow can we get more hulk hate on this thread if you feel this way why even make this thread in the first place and also why do people think PIS is only with heroes they don't like its in all comics oh by the way hulk wins

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lyrad

There have been plenty of times where The Hulk has been in space without oxygen. His powerset stops him from being killed. The madder he gets, the stronger he gets. Simple. He has anger issues, not being able to breath would make him angry.... Therefore his body over comes the anger, the rage in him beats what ever is beating him. Air is no longer needed, his body adapts. World War Hulk, he travelled to Earth riding the back of a space ship, all hatred aimed at Earth. This B team would at first batter The Hulk, but The Hulk's power would over take them all. HE would rise and smash f**k out of the lot of them. He is the stongest there is.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dondave

Does Hulk need to breathe, IIRC he doesn't need an oxygen tank when in space

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ferro Vida:

adaptation abilities to environments such as underwater or space

and also

Hulk Can adapt to hostile environments, and he is seen completely fine when he fights in open space.

Hulk can adapt, it's part of his powers now.

Are those scans pre-WWHulk? If not they don't apply here.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jackofspades

@Ferro Vida said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

Hulk doesn't need self sustenance, he can adapt.

Please show scans to support this. Adaptation isn't part of his power set.

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lyrad

Agreed

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

and what up with the PIS thing? There was one instance of PIS in the whole world war hulk mini series, and what was when reed couldn't beat hulk with prep. Gawd.

There was also Black Bolt, who once screamed a space ship out of the air, being unable to beat him. And Darwin being unable to drain him of Gamma Radiation. And Tony Stark just happens to use the defective SPIN tech dart. And Hulk walks through Cyclops' strongest blast. And Doctor Strange making a deal with one of his mortal enemies to beat Hulk. And the Spirit of Vengeance deeming Hulk innocent of all crimes AND ignoring the people who are apparently guilty.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ferro Vida

@jackofspades: He did what I asked of him?

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ferro Vida:

The first One was before World war Hulk.

then second one was the same incarnation.

and it does apply, it's in hulks powers now to adapt. They apply quite handily.

Except the thread specifies that we are using WWHulk. That means that developments that occurred after that story have not happened to Hulk yet. And according to those first scans, more oxygen fills his lungs, but he still requires oxygen.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ferro Vida: he doesn't, he puked because he adpated back to breathing air after he went out of the water.

you haven't yet countered my second argument.

if this was way back then you'd be right, because hulk could not breath in space before, but peter david established than he can adapt, he has done it even after world war hulk, i can post the scans :)

He does, because Hulk states that the emulsion filled his lungs with oxygen. If he didn't need oxygen then they wouldn't do that, right? And what was your second argument? I may have missed it.

The thread using Hulk from way back then. That's why it specifies that we are using WWHulk in the thread.

@TheAcidSkull said:

1. wasn't black bolt a skrull? and hulk has resisted blacks bolt wisher before.

2. because hulks rage know no bound, this has been stated many times, its comics, so it doesn't have to make sense.

3. it was tampered with, but it would not have made any difference. .

4. Hulk has taken far worse than cyclopes blasts, he is the hulk remember, cyclops can't kill nor ko the hulk

5. Dr strange was trying to negotiate with the hulk but he was tricked and got his hands smashed, no pis there.

6. How come everyone believes that GH can suddenly beat the hulk? sure he is powerful but come on?

besides, GH ignored the hulk, but i don't know why he didn' go after the others, thats a fair point on your part.

1) People keep saying that, and frankly the only evidence that that Skrull wasn't as powerful as the real Black Bolt is that he couldn't drop Hulk in that story. Oy.

2) That doesn't respond to my point... If he is no longer irradiated then he will lose his powers, no matter how angry he is.

3) Exactly. That ONE was tampered with. In the Initiative comic there were hundreds of those darts when Hardball broke in, and Tony just happened to use that one. And they worked on She-Hulk, so why wouldn't they work on Hulk?

4) General Ross' 9 mm did more damage to Hulk than Cyclops Optic blast. A blast that has punched holes through mountains, obliterated human beings, and cut a clone of the island Krakoa in half. Hulk's flesh has been hurt by lesser blasts. Cyclops when he is not holding back produces the same energy output per second as a large nuclear reactor.

5) No, the bit where Strange makes a deal with one of his mortal enemies is PIS.

6) I didn't say GH could beat the Hulk. He could, but that wasn't the point. The point was that he ignored Hulk despite all of the hundreds of people that he slaughtered. No, Hulk is the ultimate force for good and nobility.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By willpayton

@Immortal777 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Immortal777 said:

Well I would like for you both to point out in my post where it says Aquaman solos and where I decide who I feel wins.

Why would I have to point out where you said that, since i didnt claim that you said it? What you did say is that Aquaman would "suck the life out of Hulk", which would kill him. I asked why you think Aquaman would try to kill his opponent when he's not even bloodlusted and has no reason to do so, and you havent answered.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By willpayton

@Ferro Vida said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

and what up with the PIS thing? There was one instance of PIS in the whole world war hulk mini series, and what was when reed couldn't beat hulk with prep. Gawd.

There was also Black Bolt, who once screamed a space ship out of the air, being unable to beat him. And Darwin being unable to drain him of Gamma Radiation. And Tony Stark just happens to use the defective SPIN tech dart. And Hulk walks through Cyclops' strongest blast. And Doctor Strange making a deal with one of his mortal enemies to beat Hulk. And the Spirit of Vengeance deeming Hulk innocent of all crimes AND ignoring the people who are apparently guilty.

There was plenty of PIS by those fighting WWH in that series. Lets not forget Sentry trying to fight Hulk by letting Hulk hit him in the face over and over.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ferro Vida

@WillPayton: @TheAcidSkull: Aquaman COULD dehydrate him to the point of exhaustion, I believe is what he was trying to say.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ferro Vida

@WillPayton said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

There was plenty of PIS by those fighting WWH in that series. Lets not forget Sentry trying to fight Hulk by letting Hulk hit him in the face over and over.

THANK YOU. OY.

And don't knock the Cobra Kai fighting style.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jackofspades

@Ferro Vida said:

@jackofspades: He did what I asked of him?

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Ferro Vida:

The first One was before World war Hulk.

then second one was the same incarnation.

and it does apply, it's in hulks powers now to adapt. They apply quite handily.

Except the thread specifies that we are using WWHulk. That means that developments that occurred after that story have not happened to Hulk yet. And according to those first scans, more oxygen fills his lungs, but he still requires oxygen.

wow you really just hate the hulk please let go of the hate of a comicbook hero, here hate this guy he killed a kid and he is real

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigcimmerian

Hulk destroys them.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ferro Vida

@jackofspades: ... I think Hulk would lose and therefore hate Hulk?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bigcimmerian

Comic Vine is full of Hulk haters, come on what are they going to do to win? BFR him? Dehydrate him? Strike him with Claw of Horus? How many times have those characters done that? You just hate him and you're trying to find petty excuses for Justice League to win. Hulk could just grab Aquaman and use him as hammer to smash those left.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

@WillPayton: I am NOT debating this again and again.

@Ferro Vida:

He does, because Hulk states that the emulsion filled his lungs with oxygen. If he didn't need oxygen then they wouldn't do that, right? And what was your second argument? I may have missed it.
The thread using Hulk from way back then. That's why it specifies that we are using WWHulk in the thread.

fine, here is another

Hulk adapts quite handily.

and in my second posts hulk breathed in space quite easily, don't see why he needs oxygen

I'm not disputing that his body can adapt to underwater conditions. You have shown that it can (and the idea of using an oxygenated emulsion is actually scientifically sound). I see no reason why the same adaptation couldn't work in outer space. And in WWHulk he fights rock creatures on the surface of his ship without any sort of oxygen tank because he is holding his breath. My argument isn't that Hulk can't survive in space or under water, it is that he still requires oxygen. His body adapts in those extreme circumstances not to make it so that he no longer needs oxygen, but so that he has an alternate source of it. It's still oxygen, which means that Red Tornado can work with it.

Anyway:

1) Exactly, Hulk has taken his whispers before. If the Skrull has all of Black Bolt's memories then he should have known the kind of force that would be appropriate. He's also physically strong enough to survive in a fight with Hulk, at least long enough to scream at him at point blank range.

2) I understand that, but Darwin in an omega level mutant. The sudden change that Hulk is an unlimited source of gamma energy is out of the blue. Hulk is a creature of unlimited rage, but Bruce Banner is not. Even though they were of the same mind, Bruce Banner's humanity would have still been a limiting factor.

3) Oh, I know She-Hulk is inferior to Hulk. But their powers still have the same root cause. In theory the SPIN tech darts should have still affected him. But as you have implied, we can't know that for sure so it's a moot point.

4) Hulk has also been knocked out by significantly less force. And my problem is not that Hulk wasn't dropped by Cyclops. It is that Cyclops' blast didn't cause ANY noticeable damage to Hulk.

5) That doesn't make it less out of character for him to do that demon was a bigger threat to Earth than Hulk was.

6) Hulk was raging for a legit reason, but that doesn't mean he is innocent. Ghost Rider is a biblical force, not a lawyer. He doesn't pick and choose "guilty" and "innocent" in a case-by-case basis.

Thanks, I've been doing this for a while. You're also quite good.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

Thats a very good point, however, the hulk doesn't need oxygen. He has spoken in space before, the only time he really faded out was when banner was in control, which was even way back then during Mantlos run, Fury states that hulk can adapt, he doesn't need oxygen. Even Now in hickmans avengers, banner took off his gas mask and hulk was speaking where he should have suffocated. and even if hulks air is taken away, he can hold his breath long enough to depose of red Tornado.

Hulk doesn't get tired, he doesn't need food, and he can go on for days. He can take theses guys. Though initially pater david reached in a more scientific route , later one Way , Pak and Aaron made it clear that hulks powers is to adapt.

I won't comment on what Hulk can currently do. It doesn't matter for this thread, since the OP clearly states the following:

World War Hulk

This limits the information we have access to for this fight to WWHulk or anything from before that. As an example, if a thread specifies that pre-Immortal Iron Fist Iron Fist is being used in a fight, you could not use any scans from Immortal Iron Fist or any comics after that. You are limited to a specific time frame for the character's abilities. So Hulk may currently no longer need oxygen for anything, but that wasn't the case during WWHulk.

1) That doesn't change that the fight implies that BB didn't have a chance to get a second shot off. That is PIS, if nothing else.

2) Banner is a limiting factor on Hulk. There was a story many years ago where Banner and the Hulk were separated from each other, at which point the Hulk was unstoppable because there was nothing limiting his rage. The story was resolved by putting the two of them back together so that Banner could be that limiting factor. In the same way Johnny Blaze's humanity limits Zarathos, Banner's humanity limits the Hulk. And Hulk has the potential for unlimited strength. He doesn't automatically have it. If he did then he would never lose to characters like Abomination, whose strength is greater than Hulk's average level.

3) They do, but they are more watered down. Look up Avengers Disassembled.

5) Right, because everything else that was going on didn't already do that :p Point being, it was PIS. You could argue for CIS, I suppose.

6) THAT we definitely agree on.

Indeed. Cheers.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ferro Vida

@TheAcidSkull said:

The scan of when Fury states Hulk adaptation powers are Right before Planet Hulk, before WWH. it was in planet HULK prelude.

I call funny writing, then. It literally says in the first issue of WWHulk that there is no air for him to speak, and if Hulk didn't need oxygen then then his adaption to survive under water doesn't make any sense; he wouldn't need it.

1) When Hulk was leaping at BB he was still several feat away and had time to say a full sentence after BB had turned around. He very easily could have whispered a word and knocked Hulk back again, if nothing else. The only explanation would be that he was simply speechless that Hulk was still standing, which is so insanely out of character that it hurts. Even if it was a Skrull who has BB's memories, he's still supposed to being doing a seemless BB impression. Black Bolt has stared celestial gods in the eye and had them blink first, and we're expected to believe that Hulk left him speechless? Bull.

2) Actually, it still doesn't make sense for a whole variety of other reasons, but I don't see this point really going anywhere. Besides, if Hulk has unlimited strength then I guess that means that Hercules also does. IIRC Herc could have beaten Hulk until he actively chose to stop fighting him and threw the fight.

3) She isn't as powerful as he is, but they share the same cause of their power. If the thing that gives them their power is cut off then they lose that power, regardless of how powerful they are.

4)There is boldly heroic and then there is reckless and stupid.

5) What are your thoughts on the new Thunderbolts book? It infuriates me.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bo88gdan

Hulk wins

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jackofspades

@Ferro Vida said:

@jackofspades: ... I think Hulk would lose and therefore hate Hulk?

yes,you must because me and others have shown you that you was wrong about hulk needing air .so then you went to something else that shows me that anything me or somebody else show you,you will just dismiss it for some hateful reason

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By SupremeHyperion

So in theory the ones who say Hulk would lose are saying that this JLA B-team is greater than damn near the entire Marvel Universe?

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jackofspades

@SupremeHyperion said:

So in theory the ones who say Hulk would lose are saying that this JLA B-team is greater than damn near the entire Marvel Universe?

no just their hate for the hulk

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AngryHulks

Guy Gardner, Steel, and Aquaman are the main factors here... But no, non of those guys can solo Hulk.

Yeah, I think Hulk have a chance of winning here, probably about equal shares.