• 130 results
#51 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk has no chance of hitting CM if CM is fighting at full speed and force

#52 Posted by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

Running requires more friction.

And jumping requires much more pressure than running.

#53 Posted by fiodestromus (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

@willpayton:

Running requires more friction.

And yes At some point it might destroy the ground under him but jumping off something is way harder to break than running on something

#54 Edited by dum529001 (1573 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Edited by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk really cant win this.

#57 Edited by fiodestromus (722 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can not see Captain Marvel beat WWH. Yes it would be a fight a tough long and hard fight but Hulk would eventually win

#58 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiodestromus: if this is morals off this is not a close fight. speed blitz for the win.

#59 Edited by fiodestromus (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: but how likely is it that he will speedblitz

and hulk could keep up having microsecond reaction time

#60 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiodestromus: how likely is it? i said if this is morals off he'd definitely do it. he'd probably need faster than microsecond reaction time to be honest. cause superman has flown 28 times faster than the speed of light when he fought WW to the sun and back in less than 2 minutes. and captain marvel is maybe alittle slower than him, having the speed of the god of speed so that still make him FTL. so if he blitzes hulk, hulk only having microsecond reaction time, hulk has NO chance of reacting to that.

#61 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix: Hulk jumps at him, and Captain Marvel!...........flies out of the way................not like he needs the wisdom of Solomon to figure that out.

LMAO!! Priceless.....

#62 Edited by fiodestromus (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:It said yes morals off but it never said they weren't in character. Tell me when Capitain Marvel just Speed Blitzes anyone

and plus they are only 15 yards away (unless your the flash) you are most likely not just going to enter lightspeed in 15 yards

#63 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiodestromus: he doesnt, but thats because he has morals. this is morals off.

#64 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel after tough fight

#65 Posted by fiodestromus (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: But he is still in character. Morals off or not he will still attack the same

#66 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

#67 Edited by kidman560 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

ok captain marvel isn't supes equal. and world war hulk was much smarter than he normally is. i dont have the feats of CM memorized but i know he isnt supes equal. I give this one to hulk 8/10 times

#68 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiodestromus: look at the scans i posted. wwh has no shot of reacting to that type of speed, and its morals off, so he will NOT fight the same.

#69 Edited by schillenger420 (733 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Captain Marvel fly faster than the speed of light? If so how long would it take him to reach such speed? Once he's there time for him should be essentially stopped as long as he maintains. When that happens unless Hulk is moving as fast or close to it there's just no hitting him. Hell, at the Speed he just has to fly into Hulk and it would probably knock them both out. For me the question isn't whether Hulk can tag CM.... honestly I think Hulks fighting speed is fast enough, if only Captain Marvel would go toe to toe with him. I think Marvel's too smart for that and instead would use his other abilities to great affect, securing for him the win. He would need to watch out though.... if the fight goes too long and Hulk get's too strong, that lightning's just gonna tickle the Hulk, and turn Marvel back into Batson, leaving him wide open for a classic Hulk SMASH. CM wins 7/10

#70 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420: he wouldnt even need to go light speed (idk if he can). hulks never displayed a reaction time neccessary to fight captain marvel(aside from 1 or 2 pis cis or wis scenes)

#71 Posted by schillenger420 (733 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: It's my understanding that Hulks abilities increase with his rage, not just his strength but his speed as well. At the beginning of the fight Hulk may not be able to tag CM, but longer the fight goes the faster Hulks gonna get, until eventually he's fast enough. His travel speed I'll admit isn't near CM's level, but if he can tag Sentry than he'll be able to hit CM too.... I just don't see the fight going that long, nor do I see Captain Marvel playing this like it's a boxing match.

#72 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: It's my understanding that Hulks abilities increase with his rage, not just his strength but his speed as well. At the beginning of the fight Hulk may not be able to tag CM, but longer the fight goes the faster Hulks gonna get, until eventually he's fast enough. His travel speed I'll admit isn't near CM's level, but if he can tag Sentry than he'll be able to hit CM too.... I just don't see the fight going that long, nor do I see Captain Marvel playing this like it's a boxing match.

yea if bfr is allowed, im thinking 2 punches from CM will bfr hulk. and theres nothing hulk can do cause he wont react to a speed blitz from someone as fast as CM

#73 Posted by schillenger420 (733 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Had to go check the rules, and yeah it states no bfr. I still say Captain Marvel wins and it's a pretty close fight, but after a few speed-blitzes the Captain manages to knock Hulk out, which is all that's required. Not that Hulk stays down long.... but technically he does get ko'd.

#74 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I find it very odd that you don't know it's common knowledge for the reason that the Hulk, Leaps and not runs.Or the fact that CM, no matter how strong he may be, couldn't possibly KO the Hulk. Captain Marvel, gets his power from the Olympian Gods, and Hulk has gone toe to toe with those very same gods and other pantheon gods. The Only one he had trouble with is a Skyfather Zeus. And when he fought Zeus he was actually being weakened in the process of the fight.

Hulk has tanked magical lighting, Supernova Charged Lighting, Living lighting with no problem even when thor was in WM mode. Captain Marvel's won't have any affect on him what so ever. Captain Marvel has the Strength of Hercules which the Hulk has stomped. Hercules (marvel) has shown equal stamina with Atlas by being able to Hold up the Heavens with no sign of fatigue at all. All the other Powers of Captain Marvel are useless. WWH tanked the magical powers of Not only SS strange, but ZomStrange. Whom is wayyy more powerful than Captain Marvel. He was never once in that series KO'ed by anyone. In every comparison to Superman, CM has always fallen short, he is not as fast, or as strong as superman, or as smart, It's a good thing superman holds back, and has no resistence to magic or it would be no contest between the two.

@inconvenient_truth said:

In this scan they are obviously not going faster than the speed of sound, if they were, they wouldn't be able to verbally communicate. Because sound only travels but so fast. Or it's WIS, and they are actually moving faster than that in which case this feat should be ignored because it doesn't make sense.

#76 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt: you are correct that CM has some power from olympian gods but your mistake is that you think theyre marvels olympian gods, theyre not, theyre DC's more powerful olympian gods. Superman has stated that he considers CM as an equal but even if you dont take his own words for fact, he still is on that level and that level is too strong in my opinion for base wwh. all of that doesnt even matter because he's faster than Superman as the scan shows and wwh would never touch CM if CM isnt jobbing

#77 Edited by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

In this scan they are obviously not going faster than the speed of sound, if they were, they wouldn't be able to verbally communicate. Because sound only travels but so fast. Or it's WIS, and they are actually moving faster than that in which case this feat should be ignored because it doesn't make sense.

LOL... this is simply hilarious. You think that we should ignore a feat because you think it doesnt make sense due to real-world physics? Again... LOL...

And when exactly did Hulk "stomp" DC Hercules?

The scan clearly shows that Marvel can keep up with an out of control Flash... which is a feat that only a few in DC or Marvel can come close to.

#78 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: i agree with you. when i posted the scan i didnt think anyone would try to refute it. but then that guy said it wasnt faster than sound cause it didnt make sense but since superman cant catch flash that CLEEEEARLY means theyre going faster than sound unless that guy doesnt think supes is faster than sound....in which case i have a few scans of supes going FTL to show him. best one i have is supes going 28 times FTL

#79 Edited by WillPayton (8409 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: i agree with you. when i posted the scan i didnt think anyone would try to refute it. but then that guy said it wasnt faster than sound cause it didnt make sense but since superman cant catch flash that CLEEEEARLY means theyre going faster than sound unless that guy doesnt think supes is faster than sound....in which case i have a few scans of supes going FTL to show him. best one i have is supes going 28 times FTL

They're going so far that they're in New York and after a few sentences of their dialog they're in Paris. If we estimate that they took 30 seconds for those 3 panels of dialog, that makes their speed at around 400,000 mph.

#80 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel.

#81 Edited by TifaLockhart (13830 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#82 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: It's not real life physic but comic book pseudo physics, comics acknowledge the various speeds and how to navigate through them some of which is sound, mach speeds and light speed etc. If they didn't acknowledge the fact that sounds travels at no only certain speeds but also frequencies a lot of comic book heroes and villain who use sound as powers or weapons would be utterly useless.

@blacharrt: you are correct that CM has some power from olympian gods but your mistake is that you think theyre marvels olympian gods, theyre not, theyre DC's more powerful olympian gods. Superman has stated that he considers CM as an equal but even if you dont take his own words for fact, he still is on that level and that level is too strong in my opinion for base wwh. all of that doesnt even matter because he's faster than Superman as the scan shows and wwh would never touch CM if CM isnt jobbing

They haven't shown to be more powerful than Marvel, that's an incorrect assertion. The Only god that was shown to really be more powerful than their marvel counterpart is Ares, and that's Because of Imperiex's war, and was stated as such. DC Hercules hasn't shown more or better feats than Marvel Hercules, he isn't smarter either, but he is a rapist, Zeus or any of the other haven't shown to be stronger either.

#83 Posted by CosmosTyrant (477 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the fight going the same way.

#84 Edited by SPM1M (747 posts) - - Show Bio

CM takes this handily

#85 Posted by skorzeni (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to point out a an aspect of Captain Marvel's powers that tend to get overlooked by writers: access to the Rock of Eternity. That is a fairly cool place. I won't go in to what artifacts (magic/enchanted weapons, etc.) may be stored there. But the Rock of Eternity provides access to various dimensions and times. So, to be brief, if Captain Marvel were able to pick Hulk up, and carry him somewhere where Hulk couldn't hurt anybody, he could incapacitate him that way. It wouldn't necessarily be a battle about strength nor endurance. I'd also like to offer the suggestion that Captain Marvel is most likely faster than the Hulk. Sure, the argument has been put forth that strong muscles provide the great speed (as has been evidenced in numerous Superman and Hulk stories, so I think this theory is sound for both the Marvel and DC universes (despite the exceptions to this rule like Colossus or the Thing). However, whatever muscle power is needed for speed, Captain Marvel has that. In ADDITION to that, Captain Marvel has the speed of Mercury. So Captain Marvel can move really fast without muscle contractions. So of his nearly inexhaustible physical stamina, he needs dip into that even less than the Hulk does, freeing up more of his strength for opposing the Hulk's. I think Captain Marvel could easily get the drop on the Hulk and carry the Hulk where he didn't want to go. So banishment/incapacitation, Captain Marvel could win.

Secondly, using the Rock of Eternity, Captain Marvel could easily time travel to the same point in time and essentially gang-up on the Hulk. So, yeah, you could have a Captain Marvel vs Hulk fight turn into a Hulk versus a hundred thousand Captain Marvels. It is truly debatable that Captain Marvel could deal out enough damage to overwhelm the Hulk's capacity to heal. It is not debatable that a hundred thousand Captain Marvels couldn't overwhelm the Hulk.

Though Captain Marvel wouldn't fight this way, Captain Marvel could blind the Hulk through some quick eye gouges, and then beat him unconscious while the Hulk is healing. Speed arguments aside, it is a difficult thing to battle successfully without one's sight.

All fights stand a chance of going either way. Should Captain Marvel need a break, he could quickly drop out of sight, revert to Billy Batson for a quick breather, and change back refreshed and ready to fight again. Hulk wouldn't consider that Billy was Captain Marvel if Captain Marvel was discreet about reverting back to Billy.

As much as I like both characters, Captain Marvel is just plain tougher. The worst thing Captain Marvel has going for him is that the writers who write him are consistently stupid (with the exception of Jerry Ordway), and the writers who write Hulk aren't always consistently stupid.

#86 Edited by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Speed-feat above is from Kingdom Come, which means it doesn't count for this fight.

2.Flying fast =/= thorwing punches very fast.

3.Cap isn't even close to planet level, Savage Hulk with right level of anger is. Is WWHulk? I doubt it, but his feat from Planet Hulk (tectonic plates) still puts him above Cap's feats.

4.Durability - when Cap has won with people with Hulk's level of strength (let alone other stats or powers)? Hulk has taken on people stronger than himself and was able to survive for long. Ergo, they were also stronger than Cap Marvel.

5.Powers. Hulk has crazy Healling Factor, rage that boosts his strength. Which Cap's powers can give similar difference here?

#87 Posted by DeathandGrim (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's got speed durability and magic on his side. He's got this one.

#88 Posted by dum529001 (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Speed-feat above is from Kingdom Come, which means it doesn't count for this fight.

2.Flying fast =/= thorwing punches very fast.

3.Cap isn't even close to planet level, Savage Hulk with right level of anger is. Is WWHulk? I doubt it, but his feat from Planet Hulk (tectonic plates) still puts him above Cap's feats.

4.Durability - when Cap has won with people with Hulk's level of strength (let alone other stats or powers)? Hulk has taken on people stronger than himself and was able to survive for long. Ergo, they were also stronger than Cap Marvel.

5.Powers. Hulk has crazy Healling Factor, rage that boosts his strength. Which Cap's powers can give similar difference here?

hmm....

Cap's got speed durability and magic on his side. He's got this one.

hmm....

#89 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvels got this. Hulk needs to stop being put in battles he has NO BUSINESS in.

#90 Posted by green_skaar (4105 posts) - - Show Bio

World War Hulk

#91 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed

Flight

Magic

Intelligence

Wisdom

------------

Shazaam's got this

#92 Edited by dum529001 (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

Captain Marvels got this. Hulk needs to stop being put in battles he has NO BUSINESS in.

Do you have any proof of that?

And you are seriously downplaying the Hulk.

#93 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

Do you have any proof of that?

And you are seriously downplaying the Hulk.

yes.

and no.

#94 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

Captain Marvel can bash and use lightning strikes all he wants. The only thing I see happening is pushing him in to Worldbreaker.

#95 Posted by GhostRavage (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

Captain Marvel can bash and use lightning strikes all he wants. The only thing I see happening is pushing him in to Worldbreaker.

Im starting to like the way you think mate ;)

#96 Posted by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

CM

..............and the voice of the reason speaks.

#97 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Hulk.

Im starting to like the way you think mate ;)

#98 Edited by BrokenSpear (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

Speed - possibly the only advantage Captain marvel has in this fight.

Flight - Hulk has never had a problem against people with this ability.

Magic - Hulk has never had a problem with offensive magic afaik.

Intelligence - WWH has the intelligence of bruce banner.

Wisdom - Idk how the wisdom of a religious figure is gonna help him in this fight, but experience is one of the prerequisites of wisdom and the hulk has this in spades.

------------

Shazaam's got this - not quite so cut and dry WWH has nearly instaneous regen and until i see captain marvel ragdolling someone on hulks level i think this is pretty far from a stomp.

Zom empowered dr strange was blowing holes thru WWH and the hulk practically regens between hits.

I can't post the other scans for some reason but strange just kept blowing holes through the hulks spine and he kept getting up until he got pissed off and stomped him out.

#99 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap would have a CHANCE against savage hulk, not against this hulk. Cap loses.

#100 Posted by patrat18 (6746 posts) - - Show Bio