• 70 results
itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By itsomething

I would like to gather opinions as to weather u ladies and gents on who would win in a toe to toe battle

Rules

Round 1 no morales, bloodlusted, no prep random encounter on a abandoned Sakaar.

Round 2 morales on

No bfr

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Hulk both rounds IMHO.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator

@thedailybagel: Why?

Bill, unlike Thor, uses the range of abilities of his Stormbreaker.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prob Bill, way smarter with using the full list of abilities, he isn't a moron to go straight slugging with Hulk for a long period of time.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thedailybagel  Moderator

@frozen: round 1 I see hulk taking the solid majority, just being on sakaar would make him incredibly angry, more than enough to lay the smackdown on brb IMO. Being morals off doesnt help bills case either.

Round 2 is more of a toss up but I still see hulk taking it due to superior strength and the durability to endure bills strikes without that much trouble, seriously frozen, the green scar wasn't fazed by anything less than a continent busting strike, and even hits of that magnitude didn't really hurt him.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@thedailybagel: But that is assuming BRB will get into a slug-fest with The Hulk. Why would he do that if he can use his Stormbreaker to deal with Hulk?

Realistically, considering Bill uses his Stormbreaker to the best of his ability and looser morals than Thor, he will BFR Hulk both times. BFR'ing him is not difficult. Thor did that to amped Hulk in Fear Itself; Bill is just more likely to use that tactic.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Hulk both rounds IMHO.

sounds like we have round 2 when we both get a free chance... Beta Ray Bill vs Hulk has always been something of interest to me.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedailybagel  Moderator

@frozen: it's not like he'd sit back and spam attacks at hulk, besides if he did that he'd end up being hit by a gamma powered thunderclap, which are capable of busting umars shields and one shoting red hulk.

Yeah, I can see Bill bfring him though. Being a hulk fan I don't really like including BFR.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think my girl Sarah Jessica Parker has this

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator

@serrure: come at me, I'm ready when you are.

P.S. I Also want that gladiator match in the future, this is a warm up act.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do u people think bill would be hulk ? In a couple of powerful strikes from his hammer hulk would adapted and unaffected by such strikes then what?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@itsomething said:

Why do u people think bill would be hulk ? In a couple of powerful strikes from his hammer hulk would adapted and unaffected by such strikes then what?

Well, to be fair, Bill tends to use his powers and versatility more. He's not a physical match for WBH, and he's likely to realize that in a short physical exchange. Now where Thor would continue a fist fight here, and lose, Bill is more likely to take to the skies and use his magic and weather attacks to bombard WBH.

Having said that, I think this is going to stalemate. Bill isn't dumb enough to have a prolonged melee with Worldbreaker and Hulk can't get to Bill if he keeps his distance, except if he catches him with a rush-leap or thunderclap, which I suppose is entirely possible. Still, I think this is probably a likely stalemate.

EDIT: It has been kindly pointed out to me that I am half blind and saw Worldbreaker Hulk, when it is in fact World War Hulk. Please see below.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 frozen  Moderator
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: ur debate is great but HULK can withstand so much more than a lightning strike brb could continue bombard him with weather strikes but hulk will simply become immune to them thus making brb's attacks useless

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: It's not WBH here.

OH FFS!

I swear to Jesus that said WBH...

Anyway, considering this is WWH, not WBH (f**k me, seriously, right?) I think Bill is less likely to get tagged but I don't think he's anywhere near Sentry's level of power, and Hulk could take that. Still a likely stalemate.

Damn I'm dumb sometimes, thanks for the correction. I edited above.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thedailybagel  Moderator

@frozen: oh, then I'd still say hulk.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: ur debate is great but HULK can withstand so much more than a lightning strike brb could continue bombard him with weather strikes but hulk will simply become immune to them thus making brb's attacks useless

But again, Hulk needs to GET to Bill. Bill won't go to slug it out like Thor. Like I said, I don't see Bill putting Hulk down if Sentry couldn't...but I don't see Hulk getting enough big hits on a flying, moving, smart fighter like Bill. It's going to be a stalemate because of that: Bill can't stop Hulk, Hulk can't get to Bill.

You're free to your opinion on it, I was just more pointing out that Bill isn't going to slug it out with Hulk like Thor would.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GraniteSoldier
itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: i agree with you in a stalemate but hulk could always just trash talk a lot and get brb down there (not what she said)

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimately I see a stalemate. No morals leads me to believe BRB nukes from orbit via his wide range of abilities. WWH no morals would eventually become WB (maybe even early in the fight) and I see him being utterly unphased by any attacks.

The planet is the real victim here.

If BRF counts as a victory then I guess BRB wins due to Hulk floating in space (I kinda feel like Hulk could perhaps move himself through space via physics defying thunderclaps) as a TBFR.

I can't see anyone worthy of Stormbreaker or Mjolnir being satisfied with such a victory. They just keep duking it out in space (where Hulk should be able to breathe) until, in grand comic book hero vs hero combat tradition a third, outside force, unites them in a common goal and ends in begrudging respect.

Given the nature of the characters, morals on seems like they would go for the kill move a little more slowly but not by much.

An argument could be made for gamma absorption via Stormbreaker. Gamma drain is a regular anti-Hulk strategy. Green Scar has overwhelmed the likes of Darwin and overpowered Red Hulk's absorption ability.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By itsomething

@thor_parker82: u made me face palm so hard my neck has broken im currently typing with my tongue

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@thedailybagel: @granitesoldier: A couple of points.

1. I question whether Hulk has a notable striking advantage. While Hulk is stronger in a physical sense; Beta Ray Bill has destroyed planets with Stormbreaker, with strikes in Godhunter (IIRC). He also withstood Warrior Madness Thor's planet-busting strikes (which one-shotted the planet they were on) in Blood and Thunder.

2. Bill can use his energy absorption as a counter to Hulk's Gamma Output.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

It depends on how long the battle lasts, I don't think BRB could take out the Hulk quickly enough to the point where he wont get out of control angry . And it truly dose not matter which version of hulk we are talking about, BRB stands no chance against an out of control RAGE BEAST Hulk, because Hulk..... IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!

No Caption Provided

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thedailybagel  Moderator

@frozen: I'll post a reply tommorow, I feel like going into a bit of detail with my response.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Hulk held a planet together from exploding in Planet Hulk, and that was a weaker version. The only problem with Hulk showings of true 'planet busting' is that he doesn't fly and leave Earth, so he certainly isn't going to break the planet he's on. However the fact that he can beat on Sentry (a reputed planet-level hero), and have Sentry beat on him, it lends to the idea that Hulk is at that level in striking and durability. I'm sure @ghostravage has a better comparison as he's a far greater Hulk knowledge pool than myself, but I think my comparison demonstrates that Hulk is at least comparable.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@granitesoldier: ?

I acknowledged that Hulk is physically stronger, hence holding a planet together will substantiate that notion. I simply cited Bill's planetary striking in an attempt to demonstrate that he is comparable to Hulk in striking, so if you say Hulk is at-least comparable, that was something I did not argue against, but for.

Hulk wouldn't break the planet he's on either unless it was World Breaker, this is not World Breaker but World War Hulk.

How is Sentry a reputed planet-level hero too? I'm aware that Deathseed Sentry is beyond planetary, however ordinary Sentry had struggled to lift a Hellicarrier. While that may not be an accurate representation of Sentry's power levels, I am not aware of ordinary Sentry being at planetary level, but if you have instances, feel free to present them.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By itsomething
Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsomething: thank you, I appreciate the "bravo!"

Hmmm... BRF: Butters and Rolls in Flour? This could work. A win by BRF would entail successfully prepping an opponent for imminent deep frying.

Someone add this to the battle terminology dictionary.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: after some deep thought i've concluded that "they" should include it into battle terminology

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk or stalemate.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By itsomething
Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsomething:

Nah, I read both Planet Hulk and WWHulk. I know how this will end. Those books simply show the Hulks true potential.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: u made me face palm so hard my neck has broken im currently typing with my tongue

I´ll give you points, that answer made me laugh, because, what does a broken neck has to do with keeping you from typing with your fingers ? if anything, typing with your tongue when you have a broken neck is more painful.

You still haven´t proved any of your arguments, Sentry struggled lifting a hellicarrier, one shotted by a female Ultron, lost to Thor, stalemate to Hulk. Please just go and read @frozen comments on this thread, he has explained this.

Thor >Sentry

BRB>Sentry

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: a broken neck gives you nerve damage to anything below (most of the time)

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ultimately I see a stalemate. No morals leads me to believe BRB nukes from orbit via his wide range of abilities. WWH no morals would eventually become WB (maybe even early in the fight) and I see him being utterly unphased by any attacks.

The planet is the real victim here.

If BRF counts as a victory then I guess BRB wins due to Hulk floating in space (I kinda feel like Hulk could perhaps move himself through space via physics defying thunderclaps) as a TBFR.

I can't see anyone worthy of Stormbreaker or Mjolnir being satisfied with such a victory. They just keep duking it out in space (where Hulk should be able to breathe) until, in grand comic book hero vs hero combat tradition a third, outside force, unites them in a common goal and ends in begrudging respect.

Given the nature of the characters, morals on seems like they would go for the kill move a little more slowly but not by much.

An argument could be made for gamma absorption via Stormbreaker. Gamma drain is a regular anti-Hulk strategy. Green Scar has overwhelmed the likes of Darwin and overpowered Red Hulk's absorption ability.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: a broken neck gives you nerve damage to anything below (most of the time)

You said it yourself, most of the time, not all the time.

Anyway, you still haven´t proved anything regarding Sentry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It depends on how long the battle lasts, I don't think BRB could take out the Hulk quickly enough to the point where he wont get out of control angry . And it truly dose not matter which version of hulk we are talking about, BRB stands no chance against an out of control RAGE BEAST Hulk, because Hulk..... IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!

No Caption Provided

Where is that gif from?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: That's my mistake then. I read it as Bill being a clearly superior striker. No worries mate.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: well the footage is from the trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron. But I got the gif from giphy.com

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BRB