• 121 results
#1 Edited by WillPayton (9043 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Zeus decides to take on WB Hulk in a physical fight. He wont use any magic spells or reality warping, but can use his powers to amp himself up physically as much as he can.

Win by KO or death. Can Zeus physically defeat World-Breaker Hulk?

#2 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

No... he will pretty much cheat like the last time he fought Hulk. Zeus wins again.

#3 Posted by WillPayton (9043 posts) - - Show Bio

No... he will pretty much cheat like the last time he fought Hulk. Zeus wins again.

No cheating allowed, he has to follow the rules set up in the battle. He can use his magic, but only to amp his physical stats.

#4 Edited by D3athstroke (3905 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus oneshots spite thread.

#5 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Well... Based on speculation and the title that holds Zeus, i would go with him all the way, even considering this a mismatch... Going by feats, hell WBH stomps him. Zeus is pretty much featless, rather than being compared to Odin as his equal and withstanding a short fight against Galactus while wearing a godly armor same as Odin in his destroyer armor. And actually Hulk has the same feat as him without him being on WBH levels.

The beating he performed on Hulk shouldn't be considered as a measuring stick because 1) Hulk didn't fight back... 2) Hulk wanted to take the punishment to save his family... 3) Zeus cheated... So that whole situation was PIS on the most, not because Zeus wouldn't be able to do it... But because it was indeed plot induced stupidity, which totally handicapped Hulk to a point of him not even fighting.

#6 Edited by Immortal777 (6686 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's true that Zues is close to Herc in strength then I'd give it to him because the amping would help.

If it isn't true then I'd give it to Hulk with a tough battle mostly because I don't like amping since you cant be sure what lvl someone can amp to.

#7 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus isn't feat less those. Zeus by himself was able to take Thor and the Avengers before. He also Thor before in another showing too.

#8 Posted by DanM (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I get the feeling Hulk would turn tail and run given their last encounter, Zeus wins by self BFR.

#9 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15901 posts) - - Show Bio

@danm said:

I get the feeling Hulk would turn tail and run given their last encounter, Zeus wins by self BFR.

#10 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

@danm said:

Seconded.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus would win again...

#12 Posted by thegreat4u (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus I think would win

#13 Posted by pooty (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus defeated an avengers team that included Thor, Photon. Even though Hulk was not fighting back he got KOéd in a few hits. Zeus wins

#14 Posted by dondave (33431 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@danm said:

Seconded.

Agreed

#15 Edited by Bamapecan (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus decides to take on WB Hulk in a physical fight. He wont use any magic spells or reality warping, but can use his powers to amp himself up physically as much as he can.

Can Zeus physically defeat World-Breaker Hulk?

Absolutely not. If Zeus isn't allowed to dampen Hulk's strength and healing factor with his powers like last time, he gets smashed after a considerable brawl.

#16 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@danm said:

Seconded.

Agreed

You honestly think World Breaker Hulk is going to run from any encounter? I don't think so.

#17 Posted by WillPayton (9043 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@danm said:

Seconded.

Agreed

LOL... wins are only allowed by KO or death, not by "running away". =)

#18 Posted by pooty (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

Absolutely not. If Zeus isn't allowed to dampen Hulk's strength and healing factor with his powers like last time, he gets smashed after a considerable brawl.

When was it stated that Zeus dampened Hulk's strength and healing factor?

#19 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk loses again there is too much ways zeus can win he has the ability to to amp his strength to pass the Hulk then knocks him out easily

#20 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3191 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Wait, didn't Zeus mudhole stomp the Hulk already? I could've sworn he already pwned him....

#21 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

He dampened him by how hard he was hitting him.

When he chained the Hulk to the rock - I believe Hera mentions it (or someone else) that the encounter with Zeus (or more precisely the beatdown he gave the Hulk) actually weakened him. It had less to do with magic and more to do with Zeus giving him a beating that subsequently weakened the Hulk considerably enough to chain him to that rock.

#22 Posted by XxGin (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus would step on him while his on the ground and make sure Hercules doesn't come close this time.

#23 Posted by RogueShadow (9783 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the added magic amping gives him a very big edge. Zeus.

#24 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

A literal god stomp for zues.

#25 Posted by HellionVulcan (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus after a lengthy battle

#26 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus GODSTOMPS the mortal!.

#27 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2494 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't see how the outcome would be any different for WBHulk

#28 Posted by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

It seemed like Hulk was holding back in his encounter with Zeus. He even survived being continuously picked by Zues' birds for days despite his power being drained.

I'm not saying Zeus isn't extremely powerful since he's able to fight on the same level as Odin, The Stranger, Chaos, Order and other cosmic big-whigs as well as easily defeat the avengers but still I say WB Hulk smashes Zeus.

#29 Posted by NICK31898 (2086 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would just smash the ground, and the earth would explode.....again.

#30 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

the same thing happens like in their last fight

#31 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would just smash the ground, and the earth would explode.....again.

So he BFR's himself? That makes no sense.

Don't see how the outcome would be any different for WBHulk

Same.

#32 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@bamapecan said:
@willpayton said:

When was it stated that Zeus dampened Hulk's strength and healing factor?

He did dampened Hulk's healing factor... Even Zeus himself said so... Strength? Well, if Hulk can't regenerate all the broken bones and concussions it's fairly assumable that even though he would become stronger, he wouldn't be able to stand and fight making him a big green punching bag.

Anyway, he was taking of multiple God's attacks without much trouble, its proof enough Hulk could at least give a good fight against Zeus in physical matters.

#33 Posted by lordraiden (6895 posts) - - Show Bio

You have Zeus who's allowed no energy usage/manipulation or powers at all, outside of his pure strength, vs a Hulk that radiates enough energy he was cracking tectonic plates and messing up the continent with his footsteps, stacking it in Hulk's favour, is what i'm thinking? That Hulk that was getting beat up in that post earlier, that was greenscar, not world breaker.

#34 Posted by Wolfrazer (5939 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: You know that he didn't do it alone, had help with Red-She Hulk in doing that.

#35 Posted by Bamapecan (164 posts) - - Show Bio

He dampened him by how hard he was hitting him.

When he chained the Hulk to the rock - I believe Hera mentions it (or someone else) that the encounter with Zeus (or more precisely the beatdown he gave the Hulk) actually weakened him. It had less to do with magic and more to do with Zeus giving him a beating that subsequently weakened the Hulk considerably enough to chain him to that rock.

No, incorrect. Zeus hit Hulk with a huge lightning strike at the beginning of the confrontation before any physical brawl takes place. A strike that put the Hulk down for a good moment and visibly affected him. Hephaestus commented on how incredible it was that Hulk was still alive after that. Zeus throws another lightning bolt after Hulk sucker-punched him (guess that was cheating on both parties), and then Zeus proceeds to magically charge his fists with lightning and utilize that during the brawl. The last punch from Zeus that launches Hulk down the mountain was a full-on lightning punch. When Hulk tries to break the chains, Hephaestus tells him that he has been "hit by Zeus", that his strength won't return for a long time, and that he will only heal fast enough to keep the vultures fed. "Hit" is singular, so one of Zeus's attacks severely taxed Hulk's powers, and it undoubtedly was the huge lightning strike that Hephaestus made a big deal of in the beginning (but possibly a combination of times being "hit" by Zeus's magical lightning).

Amidst all this, there is the fact that Hulk went there to voluntarily be killed.

#36 Posted by pooty (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordraiden: You have Zeus who's allowed no energy usage/manipulation or powers at all, outside of his pure strength

The OP says that Zeus is allowed to amp his strength with his magic

@bamapecan: "hit by Zeus", that his strength won't return for a long time, and that he will only heal fast enough to keep the vultures fed. "Hit" is singular, so one of Zeus's attacks severely taxed Hulk's powers, and it undoubtedly was the huge lightning strike that Hephaestus made a big deal of in the beginning (but possibly a combination of times being "hit" by Zeus's magical lightning

no where does it state that the lightning took away his healing factor. I have never heard of Zeus lightning affecting healing factors or sapping strength. When Zeus had an extensive fight with the Avengers nothing like that was mentioned. It could be that Zeus over taxed his healing factor.

@ghostravage: He did dampened Hulk's healing factor... Even Zeus himself said so

Where did Zeus say that? What page? I have the comic and don't see that part.

#37 Posted by PowerHerc (80707 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus beats down and utterly humiliates this Hulk, too.

#38 Posted by pooty (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

It really doesn't matter if Zeus was dampening his powers and regeneration. In this fight Zeus can use the same magic to hit hulk with those lightning fist. If those hits did affect Hulk before it will affect him again.

#39 Posted by patrat18 (8479 posts) - - Show Bio

@danm said:

#40 Posted by Bamapecan (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@ghostravage: He did dampened Hulk's healing factor... Even Zeus himself said so

I don't think Zeus outright said it, but Hephaestus clearly did (in a manner of speaking).

@pooty said:

It really doesn't matter if Zeus was dampening his powers and regeneration. In this fight Zeus can use the same magic to hit hulk with those lightning fist. If those hits did affect Hulk before it will affect him again.

Wrong...it will affect a Savage Hulk with no real motivation to survive. A WB Hulk with incentive will pummel Zeus after a good brawl.

#41 Edited by jashro44 (19156 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

I don't think Zeus outright said it, but Hephaestus clearly did (in a manner of speaking).

@pooty said:

Wrong...it will affect a Savage Hulk with no real motivation to survive. A WB Hulk with incentive will pummel Zeus after a good brawl.

He said it was because Zeus hit him so hard he would only heal fast enough for the vultures to rip him apart. The reason Hulks healing factor was weakened was because Zeus punched him that hard.

#42 Posted by cooljammy18 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus..again.

#43 Posted by pooty (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

@bamapecan: Wrong...it will affect a Savage Hulk with no real motivation to survive. A WB Hulk with incentive will pummel Zeus after a good brawl

His magic would still work on WBH. also I still don't agree with your interpretation of what Heph said. As said, have you ever heard of Zeus powers negating peoples powers?

#44 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

If Zeus amps, i'd give it to him 6/10

- Pip

#45 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Zues

#46 Edited by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@bamapecan said:

@pooty said:

@pooty said:

He said it was because Zeus hit him so hard he would only heal fast enough for the vultures to rip him apart. The reason Hulks healing factor was weakened was because Zeus punched him that hard.

I hardly doubt that was the reason Hulk could only heal his liver... Nothing like that has ever happened to Hulk because someone hit him "really hard" was this stated anywhere in the issue?

#47 Posted by GhostRider2 (3232 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is no God, Zeus beats him again, this time into the ground.

#48 Posted by pooty (10742 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: It didn't say only his liver was healing. The fact he woke up proved his whole body was healing. Heph says your body will heal fast enough so that the vultures can eat. It doesn't say his body was healing slower then usual. Hulk never mentioned feeling any different. Hulk never accused Zeus of affecting his strength or durability. also Hulk said: if he got madder he could break the chains which is the way his body always works.

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I hardly doubt that was the reason Hulk could only heal his liver... Nothing like that has ever happened to Hulk because someone hit him "really hard" was this stated anywhere in the issue?

If anything, it was to present a similar punishment to the one Prometheus received in Greek myth for giving fire to mortals. Zeus chained him to the mountain and every day, an eagle feeding on his liver which grew back as to repeat the process again the following day.

#50 Posted by Hyperlight (5378 posts) - - Show Bio

well zeus has more fighting experience... and can probably amy his strength to levels superior to the hulk. so zeus finishes it quickly.. he can win