World Breaker Hulk vs Superman (Rules)

Avatar image for doomsday_is_coming
Doomsday_is_coming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

enough with the.heat.vision crap which of u kno how much heat the most powerful version of the hulk can take? short of total world obliteration ive seen weaker incarnations survived barley fazed and this hulk is 100 feet tall and exponentially more powerful meaning his healing factor as well i mean lesser versions held plandts together and pushed matter and anti matter together i believe which was thought physically impossible

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't even know if removing Speed blitzing is necessary. Hulk's reaction and speed increase with rage, the fact that he made a planet explode (and i remember someone mentioning a moon on the side, though that seemed very unlegit) with a shockwave instead of just a normal punch should mean he's moving much, much faster now. Could he react to everything thrown, no but one punch from WBH should at least be enough to stun Superman, and then Hulk Smashes. BFR was really the only way for Supes to win.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has no chance at all here, none, anybody who thinks he can defeat a hulk this powerful w/o suffeciently sundipping and I mean really suffeciently sun dipping is just saying that cuz they like him better or they hate hulk.

drake_gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK SMASH GUY WITH STUPID SECRET IDENTITY COMPOSED OF JUST A PAIR OF GLASSES !!!!!

This was Hilarious

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WBH because there is no BFR.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WBH should win.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

__TheBatman__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with hulk

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iMHO the only chance Superman has is using his speed. If he tries to slug it out with WBH, he goes down hard

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, Hulk

- Pip

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#262  Edited By leonkarlen123

Supes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyPGlMXUwVg Hulk could never handle these guys. Like Faora, Zod or Metallo. He would be screwed. When zod is pissed he just activate the laser that will go right through any thing. Even a force field

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No speed blitzing, or BFR? Plus it's world breaker Hulk? THan WBH takes it.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB Hulk curbstomp.

If superman died by Doomsday who couldn't destroy a planet what makes you think he can take on someone who can? Also WBH can manipulate gamma rays and they are as fast as the speed of light.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By WastelandMan

@leonkarlen123 said:

Supes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyPGlMXUwVg Hulk could never handle these guys. Like Faora, Zod or Metallo. He would be screwed. When zod is pissed he just activate the laser that will go right through any thing. Even a force field

.............What does the movie version of supes have anything to do with anything??? And WBH can directly destroy a planet. Movie Zod or kyrptonians can't. You always seem to post nonsense.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, just read the OP. thats a lot of rules needed to help out hulk...anyway i still think he wins this. some guy said WBH could do something with his gamma ray emmitting...umm yea maybe powerup superman more. Superman gets his power from all kinds of radiation in the universe (see H'el) and the energy he absorbs on earth is from the sun. there are different type of rays in sunlight such as xrays gamma rays etc. so if hulk decides to emit gamma rays all he'd do is probably make superman more powerful. in fact he doesnt have to try and emit it. doesnt WBH just naturally emit gamma radiation? if so...then all hes doing is feeding superman

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

wow, just read the OP. thats a lot of rules needed to help out hulk...anyway i still think he wins this. some guy said WBH could do something with his gamma ray emmitting...umm yea maybe powerup superman more. Superman gets his power from all kinds of radiation in the universe (see H'el) and the energy he absorbs on earth is from the sun. there are different type of rays in sunlight such as xrays gamma rays etc. so if hulk decides to emit gamma rays all he'd do is probably make superman more powerful. in fact he doesnt have to try and emit it. doesnt WBH just naturally emit gamma radiation? if so...then all hes doing is feeding superman

............Are you saying gamma rays would amp supes??? When has he ever been amped by gamma rays? Supes receives his power from solar radiation. One form of radiation =/= all forms. That's a very narrow way at looking at things. By that logic Kryptonite radiation makes Clark stonger too right? And it's been stated that gamma rays are the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and can create the most powerful explosions which is probably what he used to destroy an entire planet and there's no dodging it this time as the gamma explosion is fast as light. On top of all this, OP's rules is a moot point entirely and was stated by you for your sake and not the arguments.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

............Are you saying gamma rays would amp supes??? When has he ever been amped by gamma rays? Supes receives his power from solar radiation. One form of radiation =/= all forms. That's a very narrow way at looking at things. By that logic Kryptonite radiation makes Clark stonger too right? And it's been stated that gamma are the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and can create the most powerful explosions which is probably what he used to destroy an entire planet and there's no dodging it this time as the gamma explosion is fast as light. On top of all this, OP's rules is a moot point entirely and was stated by you for your sake and not the arguments.

and like i already explained gamma rays ARE IN solar radiation. kryptonite???? i think you misunderstood what i said. the sun doesnt give off kryptonite radiation. Superman is faster than light. the OP's rules arent moot..you obviously dont know what that means. They're not moot. Theyre very much a factor. The card would seem stackaged against Superman yet i think he still wins. It was stated by me to ridicule the need to help him against Superman. No need to get mad about it. Its just fake characters.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

............Are you saying gamma rays would amp supes??? When has he ever been amped by gamma rays? Supes receives his power from solar radiation. One form of radiation =/= all forms. That's a very narrow way at looking at things. By that logic Kryptonite radiation makes Clark stonger too right? And it's been stated that gamma are the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and can create the most powerful explosions which is probably what he used to destroy an entire planet and there's no dodging it this time as the gamma explosion is fast as light. On top of all this, OP's rules is a moot point entirely and was stated by you for your sake and not the arguments.

and like i already explained gamma rays ARE IN solar radiation. kryptonite???? i think you misunderstood what i said. the sun doesnt give off kryptonite radiation. Superman is faster than light. the OP's rules arent moot..you obviously dont know what that means. They're not moot. Theyre very much a factor. The card would seem stackaged against Superman yet i think he still wins. It was stated by me to ridicule the need to help him against Superman. No need to get mad about it. Its just fake characters.

Of course it's in solar radiation but it's not the source of supes powers obviously because if that were the case he wouldn't lose his power under the red sun now would he? I know exactly what it means. It's a moot point because your statements were predicated on how you thought he needed it. Whether he needs it or not doesn't matter in this debate. You're the one who can't read. He's faster than light when accelerating only is he not?

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By ForeverEvil

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

Of course it's in solar radiation but it's not the source of supes powers obviously because if that were the case he wouldn't lose his power under the red sun now would he? I know exactly what it means. It's a moot poitn because your statements were predicated on how you thought he needed it. Whether he needs it or not doesn't matter in this debate. You're the one who can't read. He's faster than light when accelerating only is he not?

i dont know the difference between red sun radiation and yellow sun radiation. do you? im sure if i look it up the only change would be the strength of the radiation and maybe the temperature of the star. but its comics so "magically" superman starts losing his powers. yes gamma rays are in solar radiation just like xrays, gamma rays, etc. so all of those power him up. its not an opinion its a simple fact. its not moot. the OP is very much alive and relevant. i dont think you know what moot means if you the the OP(the very thing we go off of for rules sake) is moot. Now as far as the reason i brought it up, i dont care if you wanna cry about it. obviously you dont like that i brought it up...but frankly it doesnt matter what you think about it. its funny to me and i brought it up. You mad? TOUGH. You brought up that gamma rays travel at lightspeed...cool story bro. superman is faster than light...

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

Of course it's in solar radiation but it's not the source of supes powers obviously because if that were the case he wouldn't lose his power under the red sun now would he? I know exactly what it means. It's a moot poitn because your statements were predicated on how you thought he needed it. Whether he needs it or not doesn't matter in this debate. You're the one who can't read. He's faster than light when accelerating only is he not?

i dont know the difference between red sun radiation and yellow sun radiation. do you? im sure if i look it up the only change would be the strength of the radiation and maybe the temperature of the star. but its comics so "magically" superman starts losing his powers. yes gamma rays are in solar radiation just like xrays, gamma rays, etc. so all of those power him up. its not an opinion its a simple fact. its not moot. the OP is very much alive and relevant. i dont think you know what moot means if you the the OP(the very thing we go off of for rules sake) is moot. Now as far as the reason i brought it up, i dont care if you wanna cry about it. obviously you dont like that i brought it up...but frankly it doesnt matter what you think about it. its funny to me and i brought it up. You mad? TOUGH. You brought up that gamma rays travel at lightspeed...cool story bro. superman is faster than light...

Show me superman getting amped by gamma radiation please do. The OP matters completely and that was my point. It was moot in your context because AGAIN you acted like he needed it which is entirely irrelevant to this thread. It doesn't make me mad lol I brought it up because it sounds like you were trying to convince yourself more than anyone else. You doing so looked completely silly. Yes supes is. But is he generally outside of accelerating? I believe I have scans showing this....

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

Show me superman getting amped by gamma radiation please do. The OP matters completely and that was my point. It was moot in your context because AGAIN you acted like he needed it which is entirely irrelevant to this thread. It doesn't make me mad lol I brought it up because it sound like you were trying to convince yourself more than anyone else. You doing so looked completely silly. Yes supes is. But is he generally outside of accelerating? I believe I have scans shwoing this....

show you superman getting amped by gamma radiation? ok sooo basically every scan ever? what dont you follow? gamma radiation and xrays and a few other types MAKE UP sun light. so all it would do is powerup superman. are you tracking? do you follow? still with me? I brought it up cause its funny and it made you mad. mad enough to basically tell me to please stop. dont try and sensor me, what im saying is well within the rules. you dont like...tough.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

Show me superman getting amped by gamma radiation please do. The OP matters completely and that was my point. It was moot in your context because AGAIN you acted like he needed it which is entirely irrelevant to this thread. It doesn't make me mad lol I brought it up because it sound like you were trying to convince yourself more than anyone else. You doing so looked completely silly. Yes supes is. But is he generally outside of accelerating? I believe I have scans shwoing this....

show you superman getting amped by gamma radiation? ok sooo basically every scan ever? what dont you follow? gamma radiation and xrays and a few other types MAKE UP sun light. so all it would do is powerup superman. are you tracking? do you follow? still with me? I brought it up cause its funny and it made you mad. mad enough to basically tell me to please stop. dont try and sensor me, what im saying is well within the rules. you dont like...tough.

I don't see how you're not understanding this. Red suns also emit gamma rays right? So why doesn't he get amped? How is it that gamma rays don't amp supes under a red sun but it's a-ok to amp him when it's Hulk? Because it's convenient for you? Because you prefer your logic to be completely one sided? Why doesn't supe seem amped whenever he takes a nuke then? You seem to be making up silly assertions about all supporting your bias against Hulk. First it's his magic resistance now you're saying he naturally amps supes??? I NEVER asked you to sop. You always put words in my mouth like you're in some kind of imaginary debate? What's going on in that head of yours? When you do something illogical I'm going to say why it's wrong. Sound reasonable?

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

I don't see how you're not understanding this. Red suns also emit gamma rays right? So why doesn't he get amped? How is it that gamma rays don't amp supes under a red sun but it's a-ok to amp him when it's Hulk? Because it's convenient for you? Why doesn't supe seem amped whenever he takes a nuke then? Because you prefer your logic to be completely one sided? You seem to be making up silly assertions about all supporting your bias against Hulk. First it's his magic resistance now you're saying he naturally amps supes??? I NEVER asked you to sop. You always put words in my mouth like you're in some kind of imaginary debate? What's going on in that head of yours? When you do something illogical I'm going to say why it's wrong. Sound reasonable?

i already answered that. how are you confused? im just stating facts. i dont know why youre getting upset again.

Superman gets his powers from the sun light. Gamma rays help make up sun light. Therefore Hulks gamma rays would just make Superman stronger.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

i already answered that. how are you confused? im just stating facts. i dont know why youre getting upset again.

Superman gets his powers from the sun light. Gamma rays help make up sun light. Therefore Hulks gamma rays would just make Superman stronger.

Yes because whenever supes takes a nuke he basically says: "Ah that was refreshing!".

Heat also makes up sun light. I guess instead of flying all the way to the sun to sun dip he should just carry matches with him right? You see the error in this extremely black and white perspective of yours?

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

Yes because whenever supes takes a nuke he basically says: "Ah that was refreshing!".

Heat also makes up sun light. I guess instead of flying all the way to the sun to sun dip he should just carry matches with him right? You see the error in this extremely black and white perspective of yours?

youre over thinking it really. all you need to know instead of making up stupid comparisons is that gamma rays are in the very sunlight that powers up Superman. Youve admitted it. the rest is unnecessary. You already conceded i was right. As for your little question, I suggest you call DC.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By WastelandMan

youre over thinking it really. all you need to know instead of making up stupid comparisons is that gamma rays are in the very sunlight that powers up Superman. Youve admitted it. the rest is unnecessary. You already conceded i was right. As for your little question, I suggest you call DC.

youre over thinking it really. all you need to know instead of making up stupid comparisons is that heat is in the very sunlight that powers up Superman. Youve admitted it. the rest is unnecessary. You already conceded i was right. As for your little question, I suggest you call DC.

.....oh I'm sorry your logic is a one-way street. I forgot, apologies.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

youre over thinking it really. all you need to know instead of making up stupid comparisons is that heat is in the very sunlight that powers up Superman. Youve admitted it. the rest is unnecessary. You already conceded i was right. As for your little question, I suggest you call DC.

.....oh I'm sorry your logic is a one-way street. I forgot, apologies.

heat is just a by product of releasing energy. like i said. you already admitted im right. if you have questions, i already suggested you call DC and ask.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

heat is just a by product of releasing energy. like i said. you already admitted im right. if you have questions, i already suggested you call DC and ask.

YES! Finally we're getting somewhere.

And you know what? Gamma rays are a by product as well.

Also I looked it up and found some neat info:

" Although the Sun produces Gamma rays as a result of the nuclear fusion process, these super high energy photons are converted to lower energy photons before they reach the Sun's surface and are emitted out into space. As a result, the Sun does not emit gamma rays. The Sun does, however, emit X-rays, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, and even radio waves."

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

" Although the Sun produces Gamma rays as a result of the nuclear fusion process, these super high energy photons are converted to lower energy photons before they reach the Sun's surface and are emitted out into space. As a result, the Sun does not emit gamma rays. The Sun does, however, emit X-rays, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, and even radio waves."

wrong. the sun DOES emit gamma rays. some energy waves just have trouble getting thru the ozone layer from what ive read. but as we all know the ozone is pretty effed. so yes hulk would just be making him stronger. when superman sun dips cells are getting bombarded by insane amounts of gamma radiation. all of that just powers him up. so fighting hulk would just make him stronger.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

wrong. the sun DOES emit gamma rays. some energy waves just have trouble getting thru the ozone layer from what ive read. but as we all know the ozone is pretty effed. so yes hulk would just be making him stronger. when superman sun dips cells are getting bombarded by insane amounts of gamma radiation. all of that just powers him up. so fighting hulk would just make him stronger.

*slow claps* Even when faced with undeniable proof you stick to your guns. Almost admirable. Stated right there in black and white (colors I'm sure you should be used to by now). It's a by-product like heat that does not directly emit from the sun's rays. What you're doing is jaw-dropping right now tbh.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

*slow claps* Even when faced with undeniable proof you stick to your guns. Almost admirable. Stated right there in black and white (colors I'm sure you should be used to by now). It's a by-product like heat that does not directly emit from the sun's rays. What you're doing is jaw-dropping right now tbh.

lmao NO. its taught to kids in freaking high school for crying out loud. hell, you even admitted it earlier.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By WastelandMan
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

lmao NO. its taught to kids in freaking high school for crying out loud. hell, you even admitted it earlier.

I knew gamma rays were produced by the sun which is what I admitted to. To what extent I had no idea which is why I did something I like to call "research". I now know it was a by-product. And if your high school taught that then that explains a lot.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

That would be a sight worth seeing lol

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

I knew gamma rays were produced by the sun which is what I admitted to. To what extent I had no idea which is why I did something I like to call "research". I now know it was a by-product. And if your high school taught that then that explains a lot.

i didnt have to do research cause i learned that in high school, maybe even before that. sad that you had to research it. and yet you didnt reply to what i said. superman sun dips and his cells are saturated with insane amounts of gamma rays and it powers him up. hulk would do the same. unless youre saying you have proof that gamma rays DONT power him up

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

i didnt have to do research cause i learned that in high school, maybe even before that. sad that you had to research it. and yet you didnt reply to what i said. superman sun dips and his cells are saturated with insane amounts of gamma rays and it powers him up. hulk would do the same. unless youre saying you have proof that gamma rays DONT power him up

You knew that gamma rays are a by-product and not directly involved with sun light yet you're denying it....? Um, what? I didn't reply to it because it's not the gamma rays that amp him. This should be excruciatingly obvious now. Why is it always stated that sun light is his power source and not gamma rays specifically?Again why doesn't he get amped when nuked? Or in a red sun? Why does he get amped when in sunlight on earth when there are NO gamma rays directly accompanying it and as you said few enter our ozone layer. Please save your dignity.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By WastelandMan

@experio said:

@m_man said:

That would be a sight worth seeing lol

Yep lol

Imagine Superman getting owned by Darkseid and Supes just busts out some matches and one shots him.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By ForeverEvil

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

You knew that gamma rays are a by-product and not directly involved with gamma rays yet you're denying it....? Um, what? I didn't reply to it because it's not the gamma rays that amp him. This should be excruciatingly obvious now. Again why doesn't he get amped when nuked? Or in a red sun? Why does he get amped when in sunlight on earth when there are NO gamma rays directly accompanying it and as you said few enter our ozone layer. Please save your dignity.

gamma rays are not a by product as ive already said. they, along with other waves MAKE UP light. guess you didnt see that the first time. ugh,here we go again with questions as if IM the writer. Ask DC those questions. Thats the 3rd time Ive had to say that. Im noticing a pattern here. Please dont be stu...silly. Although Im not a writer I could give it a shot. Not that you retort would matter cause, like i said, im not a writer for DC. but i can try. He gets amped at a normal level here on earth, where there are less gamma rays than in space. Ok..and when he leaves earth for the sun to sun dip his power doubles every 15 minutes....so i could make a case that its probably gamma rays that amp him up the most. Logically speaking of course. but again...im not a writer of the fictional character. For the 4th time. Give DC a call since you seem to want to know those answers to your questions.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

You knew that gamma rays are a by-product and not directly involved with gamma rays yet you're denying it....? Um, what? I didn't reply to it because it's not the gamma rays that amp him. This should be excruciatingly obvious now. Again why doesn't he get amped when nuked? Or in a red sun? Why does he get amped when in sunlight on earth when there are NO gamma rays directly accompanying it and as you said few enter our ozone layer. Please save your dignity.

gamma rays are not a by product as ive already said. they, along with other waves MAKE UP light. guess you didnt see that the first time. ugh,here we go again with questions as if IM the writer. Ask DC those questions. Thats the 3rd time Ive had to say that. Im noticing a pattern here. Please dont be stu...silly. Although Im not a writer I could give it a shot. Not that you retort would matter cause, like i said, im not a writer for DC. but i can try. He gets amped at a normal level here on earth, where there are less gamma rays than in space. Ok..and when he leaves earth for the sun to sun dip his power doubles every 15 minutes....so i could make a case that its probably gamma rays that amp him up the most. Logically speaking of course. but again...im not a writer of the fictional character. For the 4th time. Give DC a call since you seem to want to know those answers to your questions.

I guess you didn't see THIS the first time:

" Although the Sun produces Gamma rays as a result of the nuclear fusion process, these super high energy photons are converted to lower energy photons before they reach the Sun's surface and are emitted out into space. As a result, the Sun does not emit gamma rays. The Sun does, however, emitX-rays, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, and even radio waves."

Are you denying that gamma rays are a by-product of nuclear fusion? Have you ever considered for even a microsecond that they wrote it that way for a reason? Because it's NOT gamma rays that amp him? Why don't you try not bending the world around you to fit your assertions? You made a standard that because heat is a by-product it's a non factor but make an exception just for the sake of you being right. You see the issue here? What you said is complete gibberish. Replace "gamma rays" in your example with heat and it's about as right as you said.VERY few gamma rays are in the atmosphere so logically it can't be the main source. Haven't you seen Superman become stronger when in DIRECT sunlight? And we already KNOW that gamma rays are not in sunlight. If it was gamma rays he wouldn't need to directly have contact with it. He can stay in a cave or indoors but that's clearly not the case.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By dum529001

The sun does emit gamma rays. the sun is just a big ball of nuclear bombs. The frequency/wavelength only becomes less than gamma radiation when you go farther and farther from the sun to the point where your not standing in the sun, literally.

And no, the sunlight energy we take from the sun on earth is not gamma level.

Gamma radiation is energy that can go to the heart of an atom. And with its frequency, the minimum wavelength requirement is smaller than the diameter of an atom. About 10 pico meters.

The question is whether Superman's energy capacity is limitless. It isn't.

And no, plot-convience power does not count because no matter how powerful a writer makes a character for a certain story, it does not qualify as limitless power unless specified by the writer.

Absorbing energy does not mean you have a limitless capacity for energy. All living things absorb energy. Non-living things absorb energy. Energy is all over the place. Everything has energy. Just becasue you store energy doesn't mean you can do it to a limitless degree.

Hulk's power is limitless since its plainly specified and even demonstrated by writers. Hulk taps into universes ever-present energy like an antennna reciever, the mulitverses limitless domino effect of mass and energy, which Hulk uses for his own power and durability.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

I guess you didn't see THIS the first time:

" Although the Sun produces Gamma rays as a result of the nuclear fusion process, these super high energy photons are converted to lower energy photons before they reach the Sun's surface and are emitted out into space. As a result, the Sun does not emit gamma rays. The Sun does, however, emitX-rays, ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, and even radio waves."

Are you denying that gamma rays are a by-product of nuclear fusion? Has you ever considered for even a microsecond that they wrote it that way for a reason? Because it's NOT gamma rays that amp him? Why dont you try not bending the world around you to fit your assertions. You made a standard that because heat is a by-product it's a non factor but make an exception just for the sake of you being right. You see the issue here? What you said is complete gibberish. VERY few gamma rays are in the atmosphere so logically it can't be the main source. Haven't you seen Superman become stronger when in DIRECT sunlight? And we already KNOW that gamma ray are not in sunlight. If it was gamma rays he wouldn't need to directly have contact with it.

youre wrong. youre basing your limited knowledge off of a short paragraph that is incorrect. gamma rays ARE emited. Furthermore they make up light. light superman absorbs. one could make an argument that its the MAIN one that powers him up since he gets even MORE powerful near the sun and out of the earths protective ozone layer. im not making exceptions or anything. youre simply wrong cause you have limited knowledge on the subject as was evident when you told me you had to do research. and even then you probably got that incorrect paragraph from a wiki. Its very simple. Gamma rays make up ligh....superman feeds off light...bam...gamma rays feed superman. AND he gets even stronger when near the sun and away from the ozone layer that blocks a lot of the gamma rays. when away from earths protective ozone and near the sun to absorb all the different types of radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum(including gamma rays) his power doubles every 15 minutes. superman would have a blast with hulk....i mean, even moreso then he already would have if they faced eachother. hulk needs amps to face superman as was noted by the OP

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has better feats of speed and power. I'm willing to post scans for the Hulk if someone will do the same for Superman.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By WastelandMan

@foreverevil said:

youre wrong. youre basing your limited knowledge off of a short paragraph that is incorrect. gamma rays ARE emited. Furthermore they make up light. light superman absorbs. one could make an argument that its the MAIN one that powers him up since he gets even MORE powerful near the sun and out of the earths protective ozone layer. im not making exceptions or anything. youre simply wrong cause you have limited knowledge on the subject as was evident when you told me you had to do research. and even then you probably got that incorrect paragraph from a wiki. Its very simple. Gamma rays make up ligh....superman feeds off light...bam...gamma rays feed superman. AND he gets even stronger when near the sun and away from the ozone layer that blocks a lot of the gamma rays. when away from earths protective ozone and near the sun to absorb all the different types of radiation in the electromagnetic spectrum(including gamma rays) his power doubles every 15 minutes. superman would have a blast with hulk....i mean, even moreso then he already would have if they faced eachother. hulk needs amps to face superman as was noted by the OP

I have more than one source? Would you like me to quote even more??? They are PRODUCED through the process of nuclear fusion but not EMITTED just like @dum529001 stated. No you can't argue that because as I've pointed out gamma rays don't comprise sun light that is absolute nonsense. If that were true we'd all be dead right now. Supes doesn't need to be in direct sunlight to interact with gamma rays yet he STILL has to be in contact with light. Why ignore this point? Probably because it shows that gamma rays are not his main source. Look it up anywhere. I've given you proof and now all you're describing is what you see in your fantasy land.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is not a logical statement at all. It is equivalent to saying:

A) Vaccines protect against disease.

B) Mercury helps make up vaccines.

C) Therefore mercury protects against disease.

Just a basic understanding of how deductive logic actually works would tell anyone that the conclusion does not logically follow from the two premises.

More specifically regarding Superman, we know that he does not get his power from "sunlight" as a general term, or "electromagnetic radiation" as an even more general term; he gets his powers specifically from "yellow" sunlight. He actually loses his powers under "red" sunlight, and I believe he gets boosted powers from "blue" sunlight. All of these forms of sunlight are still going to be coming from stars emitting radiation along the EM spectrum. What is going to vary is where in the EM spectrum these star's give off their peak intensity, given by Wien's Displacement Law. The spectrum of Earth's sun peaks in the visible part of the spectrum, nowhere near the gamma.

So no, it is not a "fact" that Superman is empowered by gamma rays, it is something you made up based on extremely flawed logic.

Also, heat is, in fact, part of the EM spectrum, called infrared.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By dum529001

@m_man said:

@foreverevil said:

I have more than one source? Would you like me to quote even more??? They are PRODUCED through the process of nuclear fusion but not EMITTED juts like @dum529001 stated. No you can't argue that because as I've pointed out gamma rays comprise light that is absolute nonsense. If that were true we'd all be dead right now. Supes doesn't need to be in direct sunlight to interact with gamma rays yet he STILL has to be in contact with light. Why ignore this point? Probably because it shows that gamma rays are not his main source. Look it up anywhere. I've given you proof and now all you're describing is what you see in your fantasy land.

One of the points I made was that the sun does emit gamma rays but the earth doesn't get that level of energy because the earth and sun are to far apart from one another. The frequency and wavelength change a lot over the great distance between the earth and sun. The intensity of the rays die down to ultraviolet and visible light and other low frequencies by the time they reach earth.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By WastelandMan

@freefa11, @dum529001:

Thanks, I think you helped put things into perspective.

I'm not extremely versed on this topic and was admittedly wrong on some points but I knew, logically, that there was no way Superman got his power from gamma rays because it makes far too many assumptions and Forever made some major leaps in logic.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#298  Edited By GhostRavage

^ He always does to his convenience.

But this is the deal. Superman is faster, fine, but what can he do to take out Hulk?

Apparently being faster and not having a single way to take him out is greater than having ways to take him out and being slower. Derp logic IMO. Even as WWH he was harming Sentry just fine, amping him to this levels is WAY too much, he just needs to connect 3-4 times for Supes to start feeling dead.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ He always does to his convenience.

But this is the deal. Superman is faster, fine, but what can he do to take out Hulk?

Apparently being faster and not having a single way to take him out is greater than having ways to take him out and being slower. Derp logic IMO. Even as WWH he was harming Sentry just fine, amping him to this levels is WAY too much, he just needs to connect 3-4 times for Supes to start feeling dead.

Who's faster is pretty debateable.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers