#201 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Night19 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@xXx9: I like Superman about as much as I like Hulk. Fanboys like you make me like Superman more, though. I don't feel like arguing, and I feel like going to bed, so goodbye till tomorrow, irrational one.

nope. i could care less about either of these characters. superman gets shreded. if doomsday and kill superman than the hulk will have superman for lunch!!! superman needed help from wonder woman to move the earth so hes gonna beat the guy who can destroy planets? Lmao ok your logics fail along with these other superman worshipers.

Stop smurfing/trolling/being dumb.

Stop bringing that point up, because it doesn't prove your point.

Superman is a planet buster, so yeah...

#202 Posted by SPM1M (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Night19 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@xXx9: I like Superman about as much as I like Hulk. Fanboys like you make me like Superman more, though. I don't feel like arguing, and I feel like going to bed, so goodbye till tomorrow, irrational one.

nope. i could care less about either of these characters. superman gets shreded. if doomsday and kill superman than the hulk will have superman for lunch!!! superman needed help from wonder woman to move the earth so hes gonna beat the guy who can destroy planets? Lmao ok your logics fail along with these other superman worshipers.

Wats this superman destroying a planet AND surviving AND continuing the fight breaking time and space....... so much for hulk huh

#203 Posted by Morgan_Freeman (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk may well be stronger

#204 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals? Superman is always holding back, with no morals his mere presence would crush hulk.

#205 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk should win.

#206 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Electric Shark Superman we are talking about?

#207 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals? Superman flies into the sun for a few minutes, comes back, dismembers hulk

#208 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah I thought in the op he couldnt fly

Superman with some relative ease

#209 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins, effortless curbstomp

#210 Posted by TheLeader (70 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys are forgetting that Superman has super hearing. A thunderclap could throw him off his regular stance or shake him, and then WBH could really get one in. People also forget the Hulk is a pretty unbelievable fighter, laying the smack down more than once on Thor and Hercules. And the WBH is way stronger than the standard Hulk. In this mode and under these conditions, Hulk FTI

#211 Posted by DaemonTheDemon (105 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk

#212 Posted by DaemonTheDemon (105 posts) - - Show Bio

it's always superman. why can't people just admit that hulk can beat him?

#213 Edited by GhostRavage (8955 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Superman its beating WBH its with BFR or speedblitzing. And none of them are allowed, so WBH wins. I love how people always use the argument of Superman holding back. They think just because Sups its holding back its like he's using 0.000001% of his powers... That doesn't mean that... It could be using 99% of his powers and holding back 1% or it could be using 30% of his powers and holding back 70%. That "holding back" argument its pure speculation. WBH its still too underrated... We haven't seen any limits on this WBH, it's impossible to trace any limits on something that hasn't been beaten before... Superman on the contrary has been beaten before, he even "died" (healing coma though) once.

I don't hate Superman, on the contrary, he's the ideal superhero and that should be respected, however, fanboys that overrate him to the point he's somehow unbeatable it's just stupid and make people hate unintentionally on Superman.

Normal Superman can't take this, WBH wins eventually.

#214 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

With no morals Superman wins, even with no speedblitz. He's still too fast, powerful, and versatile.

#215 Edited by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins, he is just stronger than superman. If Superman cannot blitz him, he is done.

#216 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@epicbeast3000 said:

Hulk wins, he is just stronger than superman. If Superman cannot blitz him, he is done.

How would Hulk even hit Superman?

#217 Posted by dondave (37362 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman ftw

#218 Posted by comic_book_fan (5633 posts) - - Show Bio

this one is a tough one.

#219 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: It says in the morals, that supes cannot blitz hulk. Superman can fly up and shoot heat vision which would not hurt a being as durable as the hulk who survived int he sun's core. In a straight up brawl Hulk would win. This is basically what it is. A straight up brawl. Plus this is World breaker hulk, the hulk who can rip planets and practicaly sank the eastern coast by walking.

#220 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukassrod: Superman is stronger than non void sentry, but hulk wins nonetheless.

#221 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: It says in the morals, that supes cannot blitz hulk. Superman can fly up and shoot heat vision which would not hurt a being as durable as the hulk who survived int he sun's core. In a straight up brawl Hulk would win. This is basically what it is. A straight up brawl. Plus this is World breaker hulk, the hulk who can rip planets and practicaly sank the eastern coast by walking.

It doesnt matter if Superman speed-blitzes or not, Hulk is still not fast enough to hit Superman. The OP doesnt say Superman cant use his speed, only that he cant blitz. So I'm still waiting to hear how Hulk can even hit Superman.

#222 Posted by God_Spawn (37877 posts) - - Show Bio

OP says no speedblitzing. Doesn't mean Clark can't use his speed for other applications. Not like Hulk will hit him anyways.

#223 Posted by GhostRavage (8955 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has a lot of energy projection at this state, not to mention his unmeasurable kinetic energy. He would probably hit Superman unintentionally. And Superman needs to land a hit on Hulk if he wants to miraculously beat Hulk. People always say Hulk reflexes are slow as a snail but that's a big fallacy, it was stated that Hulk has lighting-fast reflexes. At the moment Superman tries to land a hit, Hulk will be able to hit him as well. The only way Superman is beating WBH its via BFR or speedblitzing. Stop overrating Superman, he doesn't need that, he has too many powers already.

#224 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

World Breaker Hulk

#225 Posted by God_Spawn (37877 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is slow as a snail compared to Superman. Lightning fast reflexes has been thrown around so many times it is just a form of expression. Blade has been described as having lightning fast reflexes. Deathstroke has been said to have lighting fast reflexes. Thor has been said to "move as fast as the lightning he commands" yet has been called slow by Captain America. Does Captain America move at lightning speeds? God no. If it were true, every street leveler and their grandmother that has faced Hulk wouldn't be able to dance around with him with him only getting a shot off because they can't hurt him in the first place and he eventually catches them. And people thinking a scan of Hulk punching Wolverine or grabbing Spider-Man is going to make up for it when in comparison to Superman is ridiculous. Punching Sentry flying into face, wanting to get hit. Ridiculous. Slapping Quicksilver at a point in his career when street levelers could tag him. Ridiculous.

Hulk has no feats to suggest he will lay a hand on Superman. Anyone saying otherwise is reaching, reaching, reaching. They can post all the times he's tagged a street leveler or hitting Thor, or smacking QS, or Sentry flying into his fist even though they tend to forget he blitzed Hulk when he wanted to a few pages prior to that. His energy projection won't be enough to just up and knock Clark straight out. I don't see anyone overrating Superman. I see people overrating the Hulk because for some reason that only they and God must know, Banner will hit him. Good luck doing so with a brain phased out of his skull.

#226 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: thats why it is a tie.

supes won't be able t put hulk down, he walked away from a plants destruction without even a scratch, thats gotta count for something right?

#227 Edited by God_Spawn (37877 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Hulk gets his sh*t kicked out of him.

let me think about that...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! XD

also admit that you enjoyed saying that XD

#229 Edited by God_Spawn (37877 posts) - - Show Bio
#230 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways.

Supes can't physically put hulk down, as much as people would like to disagree, hulk survived a destruction of a planet resulting from a clash he had been a part of, and he didn't have a single scratch OR any sing of damage on him.

it's a tie only because hulk can't touch supes, in any other scenario he wins.

#231 Posted by Lvenger (19854 posts) - - Show Bio

With no morals Superman wins, even with no speedblitz. He's still too fast, powerful, and versatile.

Sums it up for me. Superman is still the superior combatant even with all these rules limiting him. No speed blitz doesn't mean he can't use his combat speed or nanosecond reaction times. It'll take him longer but eventually I can see Superman putting the Hulk down.

#232 Posted by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I foresee the morals off Supes heat visioning out Hulk's eyes then fingering around inside his skull and pleasantly walking away

#233 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#234 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hulk should be fast enough in World Breaker mode to tag Superman, but that's speculative and i'm probably the only one who thinks like that.

#235 Posted by izbighulk (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk ftw

#236 Posted by jtwgeek (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Hulk. I really do. But sadly? There are direct statements that say Superman's power is limitless. He is as powerful as he needs to be. Hulk would have to kill him dead within the first few moments of the engagement in order to win. Which I do not see happening. It could, but highly unlikely. IMO Superman would take this, after an incredibly long, and bloody battle that would devestate everything around them.

#237 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways.

Supes can't physically put hulk down, as much as people would like to disagree, hulk survived a destruction of a planet resulting from a clash he had been a part of, and he didn't have a single scratch OR any sing of damage on him.

it's a tie only because hulk can't touch supes, in any other scenario he wins.

Ok, people keep talking about the "destruction of a planet" and Hulk surviving that. I just want to point out that surviving the destruction of a planet is just not that impressive. The amount of energy required to destroy a planet is a lot, but if you're on the surface of the planet then you're not getting hit by all that, at most you're getting hit by a small fraction of that. Then you have some rocks and stuff that are flying off, but they're not flying off that fast relative to you (who are also on the planet), so again those wont hurt that much, especially when you're Hulk and can tank big hits.

In other words, the "surviving the destruction of a planet" feat is not that impressive for Hulk. It's actually much, much less force/energy/impact than what he'd have to survive if he gets hit by a full-force punch from Superman.

How for those of you who dont believe me so far, here's some math for you.

Surface area of the Earth: 5 x 10^14 m^2

Surface area Hulk is standing on: 10 m^2 (approximation)

Fraction of "exploding Earth" energy that Hulk will be subject to: 10 / 5 x 10^14 = 0.00000000000002

And that's for Earth. A smaller planet will give you a much smaller number.

Now imagine someone like Superman who can probably destroy a small planet with a punch if he tried. That would mean 100% of that planet-destroying power in a single spot, and not spread out over its surface. Taking a hit like that is much harder than surviving the planet destruction while standing on the surface.

#238 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12171 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Superman can vibrate to intangibility, he can do to Hulk what Flash did to Amazo

#239 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Here we go. People going by double standards ...

Superman gets tagged by everyone and his mother. The same happens to Hulk, but people want to say that only the Hulk is the slow? That's so hypocritical.

Superman can move fast and so can Hulk. Its shown by the objective feats of power they do, the people they fight, and characters' concept as designed by the creators.

The only difference is that Hulk doesn't fly.

2. Flying at light-speed is not the real issue in this fight. Light-speed travel doesn't happen through any way other than flying because with flight, you can maintain momentum without pushing of sold objects. Solid objects can't withstand something the size of a man traveling at light speed.

Light-speed punching, however, is something both characters can do.

Muscle power is all about the speed of muscle contraction. Muscles put out power by stretching and then rapidly shortening like rubber bands.

Force directly correlates to an object's rate of motion/speed.

When you throw a punch or a kick, the power of the strike directly correlates to its rate of motion/speed.

Hulk has great power and his body weight is little in comparison to that power, therefore, he has great speed.

Great power = Great speed

Gamma rays travel at he speed of light. Hulk is a gamma-charged monster. He's extremely fast.

If he flies at Hulk like the other flying caped men have done, Superman is just going to end up taking a gamma fist to the face.

Light speed bobbing and weaving is fine but flying straight at the opponent is not going to win the fight.

Superman heat vision has barley managed to hurt foes on his level from point-blank range. Firing from afar off isn't going to faze Hulk.

3. Here's are the options that won't give superman the victory:

Super-breath is useless. Superman's power, through use of heat vision won't be effective from afar off and flying straight at Hulk won't help either.

So what can Superman do that will at least let him put up a good fight?

I'm not sure what experience people have on her about fighting but fighting close range does not mean you take all of your opponents punches.

Even in close range fights, there is a way to fight at a distance. You can lead the battle, making the opponent follow your rhythm by moving in their range and attacking in that very instant and quickly then moving out, inches from their attack-range. when your opponent does approach you, you can approach and be the first to attack and then move out of range when its safe which give the opponent less opportunities to attack constantly, and land hits.

This strategy is really all about being a moving target. Even if your opponent is your physical equal they will have trouble nailing you with consecutive strikes that hit their mark.

4. And so...

Superman can keep his distance all he wants but that won't win the Fight. All that does is allow him to survive by running instead standing his ground and fighting. If he came to face the Hulk instead of running away and not fighting, he would die, without a doubt.

Why do I say this? Here's why:

No one can argue Superman would outlast Hulk in a fight or overpower him. Hulk doesn't have to go anywhere to access his power but Superman does. Super charges up through the sun but that does not mean his power should be assumed limitless, and even if it truly was limitless, he is limited in the means to obtain his power because he has to go close to the sun receive an amp up. He'd always have to keep taking a time out to go to the sun and recharge and amp up again.

That strategy won't give Superman the victory for three reasons:

If Superman were intent on attacking from a distance like a coward, his attack would start out less than effective and then sink down to the level of no effect at all. But anyway whatever the effect was, the Hulk can't be destroyed anyway due to the nature of his power-set.

Even if he did manage to run way, Hulk can reach power of such great magnitudes, he wouldn't even have to touch Superman with his fist to kill him, and there's nothing Superman can do to stop that from happening.

It wouldn't be easy for him to run a way considered how fast Hulk's super-leaps are. Coupled that with the fact the the planet is indestructible, Both Hulk and Superman will be able to move at top speed without a problem. Hulk's travel speed, when it comes to being propelled by his legs, is limited only by the strength of the ground. On an indestructible planet, Hulk travel speed is limitless. That fact, combined with the speed and power of Hulk's blows, will mean Superman has even less room to runaway and if he chooses to fight, Superman will just get killed even if he puts up good fight and lasts for a while before being put down. Hulk is more a of a force of nature than man. Superman is a powerful guy but Hulk is too much of a monster for Superman to win.

#240 Posted by dondave (37362 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: The difference between Superman and Hulk in regards to speeds is that Superman has on-panel nano-second feats, while Hulk's best is appearing as a blur or catching a missile or Cap's Shield

#241 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: there is No' Probably", either supes can destroy a planet or he can't, and i've never seen him do such a thing, if he has show me.

#242 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@willpayton: there is No' Probably", either supes can destroy a planet or he can't, and i've never seen him do such a thing, if he has show me.

"Can destroy a planet" is hard to judge because there's no definition of what mass, density, or composition a "planet" has to be. But, Superman destroyed the Shadow Moon, which in the comic looked to be a bit smaller than Earth's Moon (look at shadow), which is a bit smaller than Mercury and bigger than Pluto.

#243 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Here we go. People going by double standards ...

Superman gets tagged by everyone and his mother. The same happens to Hulk, but people want to say that only the Hulk is the slow? That's so hypocritical.

Superman can move fast and so can Hulk. It shown by the objective feats of power they do, the people they fight, and characters' concept as desgined by the creators.

The only difference is that Hulk doesn't fly.

2. Flying at light-speed is not the real issue in this fight. Light-speed travel doesn't happen through any way other than flying because with flight, you can maintain momentum without pushing of sold objects. Solid objects can't withstand something the size of a man traveling at light speed.

Light-speed punching, however, is something both characters can do.

Muscle power is all about the speed of muscle contraction. Muscles put out power by stretching and then rapidly shortening like rubber bands.

Force directly correlates to an object's rate of motion/speed.

When you throw a punch or a kick, the power of the strike directly correlates to its rate of motion/speed.

Hulk has great power and his body weight is little in comparison to that power, therefore, he has great speed.

Great power = Great speed

Gamma rays travel at he speed of light. Hulk is a gamma-charged monster. He's extremely fast.

If he flies at Hulk like the other flying caped men have done, Superman is just going to end up taking a gamma fist to the face.

Light speed bobbing and weaving is fine but flying straight at the opponent is not going to win the fight.

Superman heat vision has barley managed to hurt foes on his level from point-blank range. Firing from afar off isn't going to faze Hulk.

3. Here's are the options that won't give superman the victory:

Super-breath is useless. Superman's power, through use of heat vision won't be effective from afar off and flying straight at Hulk won't help either.

So what can Superman do that will at least let him put up a good fight?

I'm not sure what experience people have on her about fighting but fighting close range does not mean you take all of your opponents punches.

Even in close range fights, there is a way to fight at a distance. You can lead the battle, making the opponent follow your rhythm by moving in their range and attacking in that very instant and quickly then moving out, inches from their attack-range. when your opponent does approach you, you can approach and be the first to attack and then move out of range when its safe which give the opponent less opportunities to attack constantly, and land hits.

This strategy is really all about being a moving target. Even if your opponent is your physical equal. They will have trouble nailing you with consecutive strikes that hit their mark.

4. And so...

Superman can keep his distance all he wants but that won't win the Fight. All that does is allow him to survive by running instead standing his ground and fighting. If he came to face the Hulk instead of running away and not fighting, he would die, without a doubt.

Why do I say this? Here's why:

No one can argue Superman would outlast Hulk in a fight or overpower him. Hulk doesn't have to go anywhere to access his power but Superman does. Super charges up through the sun but that does not mean his power should be assumed limitless, and even if it truly was limitless, he is limited in the means to obtain his power because he has to go close to the sun receive an amp up. He'd always have to keep taking a time out to go to the sun and recharge and amp up again.

That strategy won't give Superman the victory for three reasons:

If Superman were intent on attacking from a distance like a coward, his attack would start out less than effective and then sink down to the level of no effect at all. But anyway whatever the effect was, the Hulk can't be destroyed anyway due to the nature of his power-set.

Even if he did manage to run way, Hulk can reach power of such great magnitudes, he would have to touch superman iwht his fist to kill him, and there's nothing Superman can do to stop that from happening.

It wouldn't be easy for him to run a way considered how fast Hulk's super-leaps are. Coupled that with the fact the the planet is indestructible, Both Hulk and Superman will be able to move at top speed without a problem. Hulk's travel speed, when it comes to being propelled by his legs, is limited only by the strength of the ground. On an indestructible planet, Hulk travel speed is limitless. That fact, combined with the speed and power of Hulk's blows, will mean Superman has even less room to runaway and if he chooses to fight, Superman will just get killed even if he puts up good fight and lasts for a while before being put down. Hulk is more a of a force of nature than man. Superman is a powerful guy but Hulk is too much of a monster for Superman to win.

Yeah this is more or less why I think Hulk would win.

#244 Edited by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

"Gamma rays travel at the speed of light. Hulk is powered by gamma rays. Therefore Hulk can punch at the speed of light."

Infinite Logic achievement unlocked.

Moderator Online
#245 Posted by jashro44 (21603 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is too fast. I would say he can hurt hulk. If not with his fists with heat vision.

#246 Posted by pooty (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#247 Posted by pooty (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#248 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: and as i recall supes got KO'd after that( If not correct me :) ), while grey hulk destroyed an asteroid twice the size of earth, and this is the weakest hulk around.

#249 Edited by GhostRavage (8955 posts) - - Show Bio

Speedblitzing or BFR are the only ways Superman has to beat WBH. WBH seems to be physically unstoppable, making planets explode almost effortlessly. The scan above shows Superman being knocked out by hitting a (smaller than earth) moon at high speed (wheres the strong as he needs to be now?). Hulks kinetic energy at this state its unmeasurable, you need to hit him with planet buster punches just to make him move, im sorry, but i can't see Superman winning this. He can fly, run, and avoid contact but he does not have the powers he needs against WBH. Anything related to punch/highspeed strategy its considered blitzing. I don't care about his reflexes, the rules says nothing about them. This is most likely a straight up brawl which WBH will win eventually.

Can anybody show me any scans of Superman while fighting bloodlusted please? Need to confirm something.

#250 Posted by adhd_assassin (524 posts) - - Show Bio

Under these rules, wbh should have this