#201 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

easy. because earthquakes arent felt out into space. yea its definitely stronger than a mere earth quake. its debatable. but not something im wanting to get into specifically. rather, im here to talk about the actual fight, which is why i talk about other things besides striking feats. yea i know hulk in any form doesn have the speed to tag him. idk if it ends in stalemate. it might. i mean, theres only 24 issues to go off of so its not like i just might be missing something. theres not a lot to go off of.

Yes. But his punches were simply 'felt', from the centre of earth, to outer atmosphere. That's what you call a mere earthquake, or richter 1. base Hulk's punches actually did some damage to the planet, at least richter 5, even higher in some area, cracking the ground and stuff. hence they were stronger.

A blow that actually damages is obviously more powerful than a blow that's 'felt'.

yes. thats my point. and earthquakes ARENT felt in space. so its much stronger than a mere earthquke. i agree with your last sentence but its comics so if an artist doesnt depict the battle correctly its not my fault. the fact remains that earthquakes arent felt in space. so that tells us that supermans punches were far stronger than a little earthquake

#202 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:
@foreverevil said:

easy. because earthquakes arent felt out into space. yea its definitely stronger than a mere earth quake. its debatable. but not something im wanting to get into specifically. rather, im here to talk about the actual fight, which is why i talk about other things besides striking feats. yea i know hulk in any form doesn have the speed to tag him. idk if it ends in stalemate. it might. i mean, theres only 24 issues to go off of so its not like i just might be missing something. theres not a lot to go off of.

Yes. But his punches were simply 'felt', from the centre of earth, to outer atmosphere. That's what you call a mere earthquake, or richter 1. base Hulk's punches actually did some damage to the planet, at least richter 5, even higher in some area, cracking the ground and stuff. hence they were stronger.

A blow that actually damages is obviously more powerful than a blow that's 'felt'.

yes. thats my point. and earthquakes ARENT felt in space. so its much stronger than a mere earthquke. i agree with your last sentence but its comics so if an artist doesnt depict the battle correctly its not my fault. the fact remains that earthquakes arent felt in space. so that tells us that supermans punches were far stronger than a little earthquake

Superman's punches were merely felt from the centre to space. Hulk's punches were more concentrated and did actual damage.

Obviously, a punch that damages is more powerful than a punch that does not. Superman's punches failed to cause earthquakes higher than richter 1, but they caused larger useless shockwave. Hulk's punches were recorded above ricter 5.3, far higher than superman's.. 'little earthquake' as you're calling it.

#203 Posted by mezlabor (87 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving this to Superman. Strength aside Superman is smarter, faster and has more tools at his disposal then Hulk does. Superman doesn't need to punch Hulk or out muscle Hulk in a contest of strength to beat Hulk.

#204 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@princearagorn1 said:
@foreverevil said:

Superman's punches were merely felt from the centre to space. Hulk's punches were more concentrated and did actual damage.

Obviously, a punch that damages is more powerful than a punch that does not. Superman's punches failed to cause earthquakes higher than richter 1, but they caused larger useless shockwave. Hulk's punches were recorded above ricter 5.3, far higher than superman's.. 'little earthquake' as you're calling it.

you already said that. and i already countered.

#205 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

@princearagorn1 said:

So basically, we agree on hulk's punches being stronger, or at least on the same level as superman's till he gets more feats.

#206 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@princearagorn1 said:

So basically, we agree on hulk's punches being stronger than superman's till he gets more feats.

i didnt say that. i just said that when he was punching h'el it was much more impressive than creating little earthquakes. thats all i was saying. but obviously you think otherwise. so we'll just have to agree to disagree

#207 Edited by GhostRavage (9308 posts) - - Show Bio

yes they were felt. earthquakes arent felt in space. so yea thats a better feat than earthquakes

Nah, Hulk was felt on Earth while fighting in the Moon... But that's about it. Just a feeling, nothing close to create damage to the planet itself. GG Supes.

im doing so right now.

Lol.

cool story bro, tell it again.

Of course. Yes, and Hulk only have a useful portion of feats between 6 issues only. 24>6, still way greater than N52 Superman.

i talk about speed and you get mad. im seeing a trend here.

Im not mad. But why approaching such topic? Irrelevant.

thats debatable but since we've seen little of helspont and darkseid i wont get into it. although id want to say that that should speak for itself, but i wont.

Exactly, you wont, because they don't have feats. So why using them as measuring sticks? Utterly unpractical.

1. look at the statement above

2. thats stupid

3. darkseid wasnt holding back. nowhere does it say he didnt want to kill him. Wrong.

1. I did, you proved nothing.
  2. Exactly, that's your logic.
  3. Oh, i could be wrong, but didn't Dondave already explained this? Anyway, hopefully he comes and clears my ignorance. @dondave Excuse me man, would you be so kind and explain to me the instance of Superman taking the Omega Beam? IIRC you said Darkseid wanted him for experiments or something therefore he didn't aim to kill him. Is this true?
#208 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:
@foreverevil said:
@princearagorn1 said:

So basically, we agree on hulk's punches being stronger than superman's till he gets more feats.

i didnt say that. i just said that when he was punching h'el it was much more impressive than creating little earthquakes. thats all i was saying. but obviously you think otherwise. so we'll just have to agree to disagree

Going by direct statements:

Superman's punches: felt. No serious damage. Richter1-2.

Hulk's punches: Left massive cracks in the ground, caused propery damage, directly recorded above richter 5.

I'll say 5>2.

You can say the opposite, I don't mind. We can agree to disagree.

#209 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@princearagorn1 said:
@foreverevil said:
@princearagorn1 said:

Hulk's punches: Left massive cracks in the ground, caused propery damage, directly recorded above richter 5.

I'll say 5>2.

thats wrong.

superman punches felt from center of the earth all the way to space

hulks punches made a little earthquake.

In my time in California they used to have this little thing theyd always say: "If it aint over a 6.0 its not even worth talking about". I always thought it was a douchey thing to say but it always made me LOL. Anyway. yea we'll agree to disagree. See you later man. Good talk.

#210 Posted by dondave (38797 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Yeah Darkseid didn't try to kill Clark, Steppenwolf specifically states that they wanted Superman to become a soldier for Apokolips, much like they did to Earth 2 Superman

#211 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:
@foreverevil said:
@princearagorn1 said:
@foreverevil said:
@princearagorn1 said:

I'll say 5>2.

thats wrong.

superman punches felt from center of the earth all the way to space

hulks punches made a little earthquake.

In my time in California they used to have this little thing theyd always say: "If it aint over a 6.0 its not even worth talking about". I always thought it was a douchey thing to say but it always made me LOL. Anyway. yea we'll agree to disagree. See you later man. Good talk.

It wasn't a "little earthquake". Hulk footstep threaten both the west coast, and east coast fucking footsteps. On the west coast he was threaten san Andreas fault. While he was holding back in earth, he generated 100 trillion tons of force by walking. His east coast footstep spilt would have eventually split manhattan, and he was stated that he could have split eastern coast. Seismologist recording Hulk footsteps were freaking out, as if they never seen anything like that.

There is literally no way nu52 Superman wins this fight. I can already tell everybody here is just pulling the best feats Superman has done aganist Hulk, and it still won't help. No punching feats will match what Hulk did. No durability feats match what Hulk did. Even if Superman is stronger, Hulk will eventually surpass Superman. At World Breaker mode he will be the angriest that he has ever been.

#212 Edited by M_Man (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

Yeah essentially he seems to arbitrarily say "u mad" in the middle of debates like it's some kind of argument on a school playground instead of an actual debate.

#213 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:
@ghostravage said:

Yeah essentially he seems to arbitrarily say "u mad" in the middle of debates like it's some kind of argument on a school playground instead of an actual debate.

he actually asked ME if i was mad. lol that makes you look pretty stu...silly

#214 Posted by M_Man (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:
@ghostravage said:

After saying this?:

"Butthurt much?"

Again reminds me of elementary school. Not surprised. lol that makes you look pretty stu...silly

#215 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:
@m_man said:
@ghostravage said:

After saying this?:

"Butthurt much?"

Again reminds me of elementary school. Not surprised. lol that makes you look pretty stu...silly

LMAO he said that to ME loser

#216 Posted by M_Man (893 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok fine. I mixed up with the wall of text. But I still feel it was justified cause you do it regurarly. I can even quote you on it. Also I quoted you right now. Why call me a loser? Why be so childish?

#217 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

Ok fine. I mixed up with the wall of text. But I still feel it was justified cause you do it regurarly. I can even quote you on it. Also I quoted you right now. Why call me a loser? Why be so childish?

Apology accepted. Yes i asked why he was mad. Why? cause he said "butthurt much" out of nowhere. In fact i dont think i was even talking to him. Came out of nowhere. Not that its any of your business. But thanks for apologizing to me. Glad you saw your mistake and were able to apologize and be a man about it.

#218 Edited by M_Man (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

Apology accepted. Yes i asked why he was mad. Why? cause he said "butthurt much" out of nowhere. In fact i dont think i was even talking to him. Came out of nowhere. Not that its any of your business. But thanks for apologizing to me. Glad you saw your mistake and were able to apologize and be a man about it.

I don't think it was out of nowhere. Again you have a track record. Want me to show you? What's more is that it's an internet forum. I don't see what isn't my business in an open forum. Anyone can jump in. Also I don't know if you can say who's being a man about what when I didn't see you admit you're wrong about Supes and gamma though you did take back what you said about Hulk's magic resistance concerning transmutation albeit in a bitter way basically stating it's because he's OP.

#219 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

I don't think it was out of nowhere. Again you have a track record. Want me to show you? What's more is that it's an internet forum. I don't see what isn't my business in an open forum. Anyone can jump in. Also I don't know if you can say who's being a man about what when I didn't see you admit you're wrong about Supes and gamma though you did take back what you said about Hulk's magic resistance concerning transmutation albeit in a bitter way basically stating it's because he's OP.

everyone has a track record. it was out of nowhere cause i wasnt talking to him. again, not that its any of your business since it doesnt involve you. basically mind your business. and if you wanna hash this out PM me instead of attacking me about statements you incorrectly thought i made. eh, atleast you apologized. So again, PM, otherwise im not going to continue talking about something that doesnt involve you.

#220 Edited by M_Man (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

everyone has a track record. it was out of nowhere cause i wasnt talking to him. again, not that its any of your business since it doesnt involve you. basically mind your business. and if you wanna hash this out PM me instead of attacking me about statements you incorrectly thought i made. eh, atleast you apologized. So again, PM, otherwise im not going to continue talking about something that doesnt involve you.

In an extremely general sense sure. But here I don't think so. You just called me a loser for no particular reason. EXTREMELY ironic to do so after I just admitted I was wrong when you made a random insult (here specifically). And again you seemed to be on a tangent with your usual brand of nonsense concerning Hulk's planet busting feat. And what do you think this is? What is this mind your own business joke? It's an internet forum. That's not how it works. If you wanted it private you should have PM ravage from the beginning. Also I apologized for nothing. I just admitted I was wrong on this particular instance.

#221 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@m_man said:
@foreverevil said:

In an extremely general sense sure. But here I don't think so. You just called me a loser for no particular reason. EXTREMELY ironic to do so after I just admitted I was wrong when you made a random insult (here specifically). And again you seemed to be on a tangent with your usual brand of nonsense concerning Hulk's planet busting feat. And what do you think this is? What is this mind your own business joke? It's an internet forum. That's not how it works. If you wanted it private you should have PM ravage from the beginning. Also I apologized for nothing. I just admitted I was wrong on this particular instance.

oh, now it wasnt an apology just a recognition that you were completely wrong? eh, whatever...oh well atleast you admitted it. I'll take that

#222 Posted by GhostRavage (9308 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

@ghostravage: Yeah Darkseid didn't try to kill Clark, Steppenwolf specifically states that they wanted Superman to become a soldier for Apokolips, much like they did to Earth 2 Superman

So... Here is Don explaining exactly what i told you. So whether you were lying or conveniently ignoring the context behind the feat to make an argument for Superman since you made a pretty confident declaration back there. Let me quote again...

3. darkseid wasnt holding back. nowhere does it say he didnt want to kill him. Wrong.

1. Darkseid was indeed holding back.
  2. It was actually stated on panel by Steppenwolf they wanted Superman alive.
  3. I was right.

So, it's fairly easy to say, your WHOLE statement is pure bullsh!t. Nothing true about it.

That being said, you have a tendency of misinterpreting/ignoring/twisting the feats of certain characters to your convenience.

Anyway, since the Omega Beam instance can't be used due to the context behind it, and the instance with Helspont can't be used due to the lack of showing said character has... That leaves you with the mere argument of Superman taking punches from He'l as a durability argument. So, according to you, is that the ONLY durability feat N52 Superman has that worths the mention? From the start im going to tell you... That's NOT enough.

On a side note:

Im not expecting you to show something since you always have some kind of excuse to not post anything at all. If you just want to disagree without giving any kind of valid reason why, then just admit already you're a Hulk hater and you'll be biased against him every time the opportunity is given. This will just makes us look the opposite way and move along and ignore you even though you also tend to post SEVERAL comments saying the same stuff over and over every time someone posts something that disagrees with you, even if that person isn't even replying to you, by definition that's called baiting.

But meh, who am i to expose you like this, you're actually doing a pretty good job by yourself. Keep it up.

#223 Posted by green_skaar (4562 posts) - - Show Bio
#224 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#225 Posted by Wolverine08 (45122 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

On a side note:

Im not expecting you to show something since you always have some kind of excuse to not post anything at all. If you just want to disagree without giving any kind of valid reason why, then just admit already you're a Hulk hater and you'll be biased against him every time the opportunity is given. This will just makes us look the opposite way and move along and ignore you even though you also tend to post SEVERAL comments saying the same stuff over and over every time someone posts something that disagrees with you, even if that person isn't even replying to you, by definition that's called baiting.

But meh, who am i to expose you like this, you're actually doing a pretty good job by yourself. Keep it up.

Damn brother, serving it up real :D

#226 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

On a side note:

#227 Edited by GhostRavage (9308 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

So... Here is Don explaining exactly what i told you. So whether you were lying or conveniently ignoring the context behind the feat to make an argument for Superman since you made a pretty confident declaration back there. Let me quote again...

1. Darkseid was indeed holding back.
  2. It was actually stated on panel by Steppenwolf they wanted Superman alive.
  3. I was right.

So, it's fairly easy to say, your WHOLE statement is pure bullsh!t. Nothing true about it.

That being said, you have a tendency of misinterpreting/ignoring/twisting the feats of certain characters to your convenience.

Anyway, since the Omega Beam instance can't be used due to the context behind it, and the instance with Helspont can't be used due to the lack of showing said character has... That leaves you with the mere argument of Superman taking punches from He'l as a durability argument. So, according to you, is that the ONLY durability feat N52 Superman has that worths the mention? From the start im going to tell you... That's NOT enough.

On a side note:

so i didnt remember correctly big deal. youre the king of talking out of your ass. so its very ironic for you to say that about me.

#229 Posted by HumanNumber (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this thread needs to be closed, seems people can't argue this battle without getting personal.

@citizenbane

#230 Edited by jashro44 (23743 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Concerning Helspont its probably worth noting that it was later revealed he was basically toying with superman later. He gave supes a concussion with a back hand.

#231 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

WB Hulk.

When it comes down to Hulk vs. Superman, no one's ever going to see eye to eye. People are going to underestimate either Hulk, or Superman.

You could dig up millions of scans, quote zillions of Comics and Handbooks, but at the end of the day, I think it comes down to who you prefer.

#232 Posted by dondave (38797 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage @foreverevil I'd also like to talk about with him surviving Helspont blast. Helspont didn't actually try to kill him he just one shotted him because Superman pissed him off. He wanted Superman to join him to take over the world, he also specifically states that Clark shouldn't anger him, lest he actually kills him.

#233 Posted by GoldKing (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.....rather easily.

#234 Edited by GhostRavage (9308 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @jashro44: Even though i don't read DC, i do my best to know about the character feats, so honestly, i kind of expected this from characters of this caliber. Anyway, thank you for your 2 cents.

#235 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@ghostravage @foreverevil I'd also like to talk about with him surviving Helspont blast. Helspont didn't actually try to kill him he just one shotted him because Superman pissed him off. He wanted Superman to join him to take over the world, he also specifically states that Clark shouldn't anger him, lest he actually kills him.

When have you ever seen that done to the Wb version of Hulk by ANYBODY?

#236 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this thread needs to be closed, seems people can't argue this battle without getting personal.

@citizenbane

I agree.

#237 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (19544 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @jashro44: Even though i don't read DC, i do my best to know about the character feats, so honestly, i kind of expected this from this characters of this caliber. Anyway, thank you for your 2 cents.

though I don't think getting beat up by helspont counts as a bad feat for him, he's a majestic villain afterall.

#239 Posted by DeathandGrim (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Isn't the whole storyline a steaming pile of PIS? I haven't read it myself but that's been the general consensus I've been seeing.

#240 Edited by MN_Logan (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, chill out guys, no need to get so pissed off at each other over this.

Personally, I think Superman may edge out the Hulk very slightly here. He may not be as strong or durable, but he has many other options at his disposal. Flight, heat vision, his speed, and intelligence are what would make this hard for the Hulk. That said, its very close and could go either way, I just think Superman would win slightly more times than Hulk due to all of his options.

#241 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

All we can infer is that Hulk has greater striking power than Superman, since the former could destroy a planet and crack a moon, as a side effect of punching someone else. The latter was capable of shaking the planet with his blows. However, this does not mean that Superman can't punch harder, rather that, what has been displayed so far, he hasn't.

#242 Posted by Bezza (3839 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:

WB Hulk.

When it comes down to Hulk vs. Superman, no one's ever going to see eye to eye. People are going to underestimate either Hulk, or Superman.

You could dig up millions of scans, quote zillions of Comics and Handbooks, but at the end of the day, I think it comes down to who you prefer.

I think nicely sums it up. I don't know why people get so personal over these Hulk v superman threads! These two characters have been my favourite heavyweights since my childhood so unlike most on here I haven't totally taken one side, although I guess I have been slightly more a Superman fan than a Hulk fan. You just have to go with your gut feeling and mine is that whilst Superman is too fast and strong for "normal" hulk, the World Breaker one is just on another level. I really don't think those people who glibly say "Superman wins easily" have ever read a comic with WB in it. By the time Hulk is at WB level he is a planet consuming monstrosity who is literally sucking out all the energy from his environment, who can tank literally anything that is thrown at him..I really cant see Superman taking him out at this level, despite all his speed, but at the end of the day I cant prove it, its just my gut instinct....

#243 Posted by DeathandGrim (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

All we can infer is that Hulk has greater striking power than Superman, since the former could destroy a planet and crack a moon, as a side effect of punching someone else. The latter was capable of shaking the planet with his blows. However, this does not mean that Superman can't punch harder, rather that, what has been displayed so far, he hasn't.

Well imagine if his blows weren't softened by H'El. Calculate in H'El's Higher level Kryptonian durability plus the durability of Earth itself and the blows still made the Earth shake all the way out past its atmosphere.

I think N52 Superman if he really wanted to can shatter the Earth.

#244 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim:

It really depends. I think he possibly could, but then again, my opinion is not fact. An argument can be made from both sides, we just can't make broad assumptions, unless context supports it.

From what we know Superman can bench the weight of the Earth for three days and his blows can shake the Earth.

I have also seen a scan of his supposedly moving from Pluto to Earth in an instant. (Though I don't know how factual this is, since the context is not given.)

#245 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim:

It really depends. I think he possibly could, but then again, my opinion is not fact. An argument can be made from both sides, we just can't make broad assumptions, unless context supports it.

From what we know Superman can bench the weight of the Earth for three days and his blows can shake the Earth.

I have also seen a scan of his supposedly moving from Pluto to Earth in an instant. (Though I don't know how factual this is, since the context is not given.)

5 days straight, not 3. they could probably both destroy planets with punches....we just havnt seen em do it...unless im forgetting something. but then again the superman side isnt the side claiming that one of them can.

#246 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Hulk has already destroyed a planet with his blows, the same cannot be said for Superman.

#247 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Hulk has already destroyed a planet with his blows, the same cannot be said for Superman.

here we go

#248 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

I'm not sure where you're getting at.

Hulk has displayed a planet busting feat when he collided with Red She-Hulk. Superman hasn't shown the same ability to destroy a planet.

These are the basic facts we can infer from what both characters have displayed.

Whether or not planet busting blows would play a role in who would win this battle is debatable.

#249 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

I'm not sure where you're getting at.

Hulk has displayed a planet busting feat when he collided with Red She-Hulk. Superman hasn't shown the same ability to destroy a planet.

These are the basic facts we can infer from what both characters have displayed.

Whether or not planet busting blows would play a role, in who would win this battle, is debatable.

... you said that hulk has destroyed a planet with his blows and that is incorrect. He and RSH's punches collided and THAT COMBINED power created a shockwave that destroyed a planet. Like I said before. I think hulk and superman could probably both destroy planets with punches....we just havnt seen it. and like i said, only hulks side is claiming that hes done it. incorrectly so.

#250 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Uh, when two things collide, they don't combine energies. The opposite occurs. Most of the kinetic energy is lost when object of large sizes (or comparable) hit each other. So, if the Hulk was to strike the planet, instead of colliding with Red She-Hulk, he would have destroyed it regardless.

I mean, realistically speaking, when two people high five each other, they don't combine energy. Resistance is met when both hands touch each other and the impact is absorbed by both hands, any excess energy would be released into the environment.

You can see the equation outlined here:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/inecol.html