#51 Posted by dondave (34588 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

Dude if hulk was your favorite character there's no way you let this battle slip by, do you know how powerful Wbh has been shown to be. And I don't think I've ever seen you vote for hulk, you even picked Ww Ina thread against WBH

I picked Wonder Woman against Hulk because he too slow to hit her, that's just being logical. No matter how much Iike a character I'm not going to be bias and vote for him when I feel he loses.

#52 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

World Breaker Hulk!

Yeah, Superman has the CLEAR speed advantage and he could punch and punch and punch WB Hulk,but in all honesty, I don't see WB Hulk giving a damn about these punches. I simply don't see Superman as someone with a lot of damage output. Yes, he can lift a lot, yes he is fast, but as someone already said it in the thread... "just, because you can benchpres 300 lbs of iron, doesn't mean that you can punch through 300 lbs of stone.

When New 52 Superman went all out and punched H'El it was stated that his punch was felt from the very center of the world and NOT ON THE ENTIRE PLANET, like Superman fanboys like to say. The distance from the Earth to its core is around 4000 miles. Batman also said that he felt that punch, while being in the Watchtower, but that distance was much smaller.

Do I think that Superman could destroy the planet with one punch? No, I don't think so. Yes, I'm fully aware that H'El most likely absorbed a lot of the impact, but Superman simply does not dish out that much damage. It was stated that his punch could have leveled a mountain, which is meh.
Yeah, he could punch and punch and punch WB Hulk with his super speed, but I don't see that being all too much of a threat to WB Hulk, who casually destroyed an entire planet by colliding with Red She-Hulk. On top of that he was destroying everything around him and causing more destruction than Superman actually ever did, even pre 52 from what I know - and that just by walking around.

If he tags Superman once and I'm pretty damn sure that he would, since one Thunderclap should be enough to stagger Superman for a moment and then punches him ... Superman is dead.

#53 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: dude her speed wouldn't matter cuz she probably couldn't hurt him at all, and also he wouldn't have to hit her he was destroying parts of the planet w/o making contact with them, imagine is he thunderclaps in her direction he would melt her while taking out the western seaboard.

#54 Posted by GhostRavage (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread almost made me puke in the first comments... I mean, the ignorance... How far could it be taken...

#55 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

World Breaker Hulk!

Yeah, Superman has the CLEAR speed advantage and he could punch and punch and punch WB Hulk,but in all honesty, I don't see WB Hulk giving a damn about these punches. I simply don't see Superman as someone with a lot of damage output. Yes, he can lift a lot, yes he is fast, but as someone already said it in the thread... "just, because you can benchpres 300 lbs of iron, doesn't mean that you can punch through 300 lbs of stone.

When New 52 Superman went all out and punched H'El it was stated that his punch was felt from the very center of the world and NOT ON THE ENTIRE PLANET, like Superman fanboys like to say. The distance from the Earth to its core is around 4000 miles. Batman also said that he felt that punch, while being in the Watchtower, but that distance was much smaller.

Do I think that Superman could destroy the planet with one punch? No, I don't think so. Yes, I'm fully aware that H'El most likely absorbed a lot of the impact, but Superman simply does not dish out that much damage. It was stated that his punch could have leveled a mountain, which is meh.

Yeah, he could punch and punch and punch WB Hulk with his super speed, but I don't see that being all too much of a threat to WB Hulk, who casually destroyed an entire planet by colliding with Red She-Hulk. On top of that he was destroying everything around him and causing more destruction than Superman actually ever did, even pre 52 from what I know - and that just by walking around.

If he tags Superman once and I'm pretty damn sure that he would, since one Thunderclap should be enough to stagger Superman for a moment and then punches him ... Superman is dead.

This. I'm lazy.

#56 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Superman is overrated, World Breaker Hulk breaks him.

#57 Posted by StudentOfJorEl (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Not excatly, he has improved like these scan I'm about to show you.

"He delivers blows that can topple mountains, which can be felt from the very center of the earth to the farthest edges of the atmosphere."

Superman performs a planet shaking punch but he wasn't even hitting earth.

#58 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@studentofjorel: I`ve seen these scans before and I`m aware what he is capable of but many seem to justify for him in regards to him being able to bench press the earth for 5 days without a Yellow Sun as to something that attributes to striking strength when it doesn`t in actuality. He hasn`t shown any great durability feats as of late either. Helspont smacked him to the moon and he had trouble with a Kryptonian Dragon, WBH destroyed a planet within the courses of his fights and caused earth level shockwaves with ease, all Superman is going to do is anger him and we both know that is the last thing you want to do against Hulk especially WBH.

#59 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman durability statement. he has stood at the center of the sun

#60 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman standing in a sun is impressive? He's powered up by the sun, he should be able to.

#61 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

We haven't seen to much from helspont unless I'm missing something (which I might as I did drop superman), but we don't know much about helsponts power level. For all we know him smacking superman like that is a good feat. As for the dinosaur if was powerful enough to hit superman a few countries away iirc. And it's not like superman was that hurt. Not saying he wins as world breaker hulk does have his area of effect but I don't get why people are playing up some of these showings as if they are bad showings...

#62 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: You didn't mentioned he's armor is indesctuctible despite being destroyed twice,one by Darkseid's Omega beams and another by a PIS character.

@green_skaar: Then the best durability feats so far would be against H'el,the Dragon and the Multitude a 5th dimension weapon right below,which had destroyed 233 worlds.

#63 Posted by eternityx (2515 posts) - - Show Bio

World Breaker stomps.

All Supermen = Overrated

All Hulks = Underrated

@matchesmalone21 That isn't impressive at all. The Sun powers Superman up.

#64 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2786 posts) - - Show Bio

WB Hulk

#65 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: I think it's the contarry since nothing can really harm Hulk...so whos is overpowered now??

#66 Edited by comic_book_fan (5297 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk wins he is stronger and can heal from anything supes will do he is smarter and a better fighter .

#67 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

WBHulk wins. WWHulk would also beat New 52 Superman. So would War Hulk and Maestro Hulk. New 52 Superman is not as fast, strong, powerful or as durable as his Pre 52 counterpart. he's weaker slower less durable and less powerful. This would be better if it was All Star Superman or or Pre 52 Superman.

#68 Posted by alternative_backup (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Lets see.

Superman is stronger, much faster, more durable, can fly, better range attacks, more experience, better perception and senses.

Superman stomps.

#69 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

World Breaker Hulk!

Hey good day i thought id chip in my two cents

Strength wise superman has shown to be above WBH with one feat "benching the planet for five days" the gravity of this feat is sometimes not taken to full extent. How much strength is needed to bench press a planet for Five days none stop, no rest, twenty four seven and only show signs of struggle at the end of the feat. not to mention he was not in direct sunlight, and it wasnt his upper limit. now when he hit Hel he didnt go all out he began to cut loose but not all out(i may be wrong) but like u said and i agree superman hasnt shown the ability to hit as hard as WBH but that does mean he cant hurt hulk?

you argue superman wouldnt be able to hurt hulk but i completely disagree. during heart of the monster WHB was being hurt by things such as blades, beams, etc.... his durability was not on par with his strength. People like to bring up the planet bust while leaving out two things, it was a combined effort with red she hulk and Hulk did not survive the planet bust. Now ppl are always like "yes he did survive he was standing and waiting etc..." no... wrong if ppl actually read the book it is stated several times that no one was going to survive even by hulk himself. the whole issue was hulk getting the end he wanted which was to fight and die and fight all over again with betty as his equal. So hulk's durability is not up with his strength as many ppl like post.

in a conclusion it comes down to new 52 superman still being able to hurt WBH faster than he can heal which he completely can due to his speed. not mention he can win via BFR which would be the best option. now am i saying its a stomp? no WHB has the ability to hurt new 52 Kal as he lacks good durability feats but he still has speed and strength in his favor. Its a close one IMO superman 6/10

nice day to you i now mine is gonna be great

#70 Edited by GhostRavage (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m said:

@enzeru said:

World Breaker Hulk!

Strength wise superman has shown to be above WBH with one feat "benching the planet for five days" the gravity of this feat is sometimes not taken to full extent. How much strength is needed to bench press a planet for Five days none stop, no rest, twenty four seven and only show signs of struggle at the end of the feat. not to mention he was not in direct sunlight, and it wasnt his upper limit. now when he hit Hel he didnt go all out he began to cut loose but not all out(i may be wrong) but like u said and i agree superman hasnt shown the ability to hit as hard as WBH but that does mean he cant hurt hulk?

you argue superman wouldnt be able to hurt hulk but i completely disagree. during heart of the monster WHB was being hurt by things such as blades, beams, etc.... his durability was not on par with his strength. People like to bring up the planet bust while leaving out two things, it was a combined effort with red she hulk and Hulk did not survive the planet bust. Now ppl are always like "yes he did survive he was standing and waiting etc..." no... wrong if ppl actually read the book it is stated several times that no one was going to survive even by hulk himself. the whole issue was hulk getting the end he wanted which was to fight and die and fight all over again with betty as his equal. So hulk's durability is not up with his strength as many ppl like post.

in a conclusion it comes down to new 52 superman still being able to hurt WBH faster than he can heal which he completely can due to his speed. not mention he can win via BFR which would be the best option. now am i saying its a stomp? no WHB has the ability to hurt new 52 Kal as he lacks good durability feats but he still has speed and strength in his favor. Its a close one IMO superman 6/10

• Strength wise, all Superman has ever done is benching stuff, not a single striking feat to put him near Hulk, while Superman hit He'l so hard it was felt on outerspace, Hulk was punching wildboars and those hits created earthquakes, he clashed with Iron Clad and the clash was felt in multiple dimensions, he busted a planet by just clashing with Red She Hulk for Christ's sake... Why people likes to lowball this? Not to mention all those lifting feats of Superman, Superman wasn't fighting... He has never showed planet busting strength while fighting, something Hulk already showed.
  • Hulk doesn't have a limit either.
  • He was hurt and didn't even feel it, i hope you know endurance and durability are 2 different things. Nonetheless, all those people were amped like crazy in that story arc.
  • He did, many people already addressed you with this claiming, you have nothing reliable to support that claiming rather than quoting what Hulk said, even though its clearly obvious he survived given the fact he wished the people back multiple times, with no sign of power lost and conveniently waiting for them...
  • How will Superman hurt WBH? With heat vision? With punches that are not planet busters in the slightest? The whole concept about WBH is his kinetic energy boosted to incalculable levels, that's why his steps can start tearing the earth down... So i don't see Superman BFRing nobody with that kind of strength he has shown in N52...
  • We haven't seen WBH's true potential yet, we've only managed to see how a planet can go BOOM quite easily when he is in that state...
  • What i give you is the potential stalemate this battle represents, because Superman is too fast and has way better perception of things... Nonetheless, WBH would only need to connect once given the fact Superman N52 gets bloody noses by far less force...
#71 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m:

Dude regular Hercules held up the heavens for days maybe weeks on end and he still was manhandled by WWh who is a lesser version of this hulk, Hercules even said he knew hulk was holding back. So superman benching the earth was a great show off feat but that's it. And you know another super show off feat, this hulk destroyed a dimension on accident.

#72 Posted by Pr0metheus (4964 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see.

Superman is stronger, much faster, more durable, can fly, better range attacks, more experience, better perception and senses.

Superman stomps.

#73 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus:

Superman is stronger and more durable than this hulk, REALLY?

#74 Edited by Pr0metheus (4964 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78: It wa a quote and it wasnt mine. WWH is stronger yes but not by much and he is a lot more durable. Not enough to even make him a threat to the likes of Wonder Woman who could still Blitz him.

#75 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus:

This is not wwh this is wbh who destroyed a dimension by accident, and he was destroying earth by accident.

#76 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

close but supes.

#77 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Power thread is powerful !

#78 Edited by DarkRaiden (6557 posts) - - Show Bio

Normally I'd say Supes stomps as he's stronger, faster, his eye beams would melt, etc. but this time WB Hulk should take it. He has the superior strength feats now and tanked Lightning+Torch's Supernova so heat is a no go. And that gamma bomb/wave thing can possibly KO Supes or at least will hurt him greatly. For once, Hulk beats Supes imo.

#79 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins. Superman Can't Put him down.

#80 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1975 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m said:

@enzeru said:

World Breaker Hulk!

• Strength wise, all Superman has ever done is benching stuff, not a single striking feat to put him near Hulk, while Superman hit He'l so hard it was felt on outerspace, Hulk was punching wildboars and those hits created earthquakes, he clashed with Iron Clad and the clash was felt in multiple dimensions, he busted a planet by just clashing with Red She Hulk for Christ's sake... Why people likes to lowball this? Not to mention all those lifting feats of Superman, Superman wasn't fighting... He has never showed planet busting strength while fighting, something Hulk already showed.
  • He was hurt and didn't even feel it, i hope you know endurance and durability are 2 different things. Nonetheless, all those people were amped like crazy in that story arc.
  • He did, many people already addressed you with this claiming, you have nothing reliable to support that claiming rather than quoting what Hulk said, even though its clearly obvious he survived given the fact he wished the people back multiple times, with no sign of power lost and conveniently waiting for them...
  • How will Superman hurt WBH? With heat vision? With punches that are not planet busters in the slightest? The whole concept about WBH is his kinetic energy boosted to incalculable levels, that's why his steps can start tearing the earth down... So i don't see Superman BFRing nobody with that kind of strength he has shown in N52...
  • We haven't seen WBH's true potential yet, we've only managed to see how a planet can go BOOM quite easily when he is in that state...
  • What i give you is the potential stalemate this battle represents, because Superman is too fast and has way better perception of things... Nonetheless, WBH would only need to connect once given the fact Superman N52 gets bloody noses by far less force...

1.Yes, agreed that wen it comes to strength Hulk has better Striking feats while supes holds better lifting feats so where is the lowballing?

2.Cool I know

3.The matter of the fact is that he still took damage and no one besides Fin and She hulk had amps and that was at the end of the book.

4.Yes many ppl "addressed" me and did nothing but fail, my claim is supported by the dialog and monologues of the book, he didnt "keep" wishing everyone back to life it was one statement that was granted as a wish before the fighting even took place go back read it again. the fact that he was waiting there with no power lost just further supports my claim as he is reborn anew.

5.Superman does not need planet busting punches to hurt hulk, as shown in the same story that he was hurt by far less. lol he was not destroying the planet with his foot steps just the eastern coastline "big difference" so ur trying to say that a guy who can move planetary weight with ease and can travel at massively FTL speeds at which hulk CANNOT react to, cannot BFR hulk because hulk has shown great strength?..... really thats ur argument and im the one lowballing?

6.True we havent seen supermans either

7.Superman can still hurt hulk faster than he can regenerate and faster than he can get "angry" and further boost his power and if that would not be the case than he can still easily BFR him or even take him to the sun and further amp himself while leaving hulk defenseless in space, also leaving him wide open for attacks at FTL speeds.

#82 Edited by Galactus616 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara:

Look man, I'm just gonna give it to you straight. It's no use doing this battle no matter what the circumstances are. You could have a version of the Hulk who's been amped up to God like levels by The One Above All himself, versus a version of Superman who has no super powers whatsoever, and is weaker than a normal human. They'll still have Superman winning somehow. It's laughable really lol.

#83 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap.. This thread still exists

#84 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by Galactus616 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

That's not what I said, I said you could take a version of Superman with no powers vs. a version of the Hulk amped up to God-like levels and most people will still have Supes winning. So there's no point in doing this.

#86 Posted by tensor (3904 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman takes it 10/10

#87 Edited by GhostRavage (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m said:

@ghostravage said:

@spm1m said:

@enzeru said:

World Breaker Hulk!

1.Yes, agreed that wen it comes to strength Hulk has better Striking feats while supes holds better lifting feats so where is the lowballing?

2.Cool I know

3.The matter of the fact is that he still took damage and no one besides Fin and She hulk had amps and that was at the end of the book.

4.Yes many ppl "addressed" me and did nothing but fail, my claim is supported by the dialog and monologues of the book, he didnt "keep" wishing everyone back to life it was one statement that was granted as a wish before the fighting even took place go back read it again. the fact that he was waiting there with no power lost just further supports my claim as he is reborn anew.

5.Superman does not need planet busting punches to hurt hulk, as shown in the same story that he was hurt by far less. lol he was not destroying the planet with his foot steps just the eastern coastline "big difference" so ur trying to say that a guy who can move planetary weight with ease and can travel at massively FTL speeds at which hulk CANNOT react to, cannot BFR hulk because hulk has shown great strength?..... really thats ur argument and im the one lowballing?

6.True we havent seen supermans either

7.Superman can still hurt hulk faster than he can regenerate and faster than he can get "angry" and further boost his power and if that would not be the case than he can still easily BFR him or even take him to the sun and further amp himself while leaving hulk defenseless in space, also leaving him wide open for attacks at FTL speeds.

• Conveniently saying it was a shared feat with Red She Hulk to say Hulk didn't do it by himself, when assuming just the clash busted the planet, one can think Hulk can do it by himself because of past feats.
  • He was still in WBH state, why if he died he was still highly powered up... If he would have died, then he would need to empower himself again, and we all know what happens when WBH appears, something that didn't happen once...
  • Yeah, Hulk was hurt by less and he didn't even feel it... He literally had 3 amp beings attacking him and he didn't care at all... A bee can sting you, but that will not stop you from splatting it... See my point?
  • So, the East Coast isn't part of the earth now? I mean, an entire coast isn't part of the Earth? Mmmmmkay, yeah... right.
  • I didn't mentioned strength to counter BFR, but the fact of the kinetic energy boost... If he has enough kinetic energy to make coast sinking steps, then you'll need an equal kinetic force to counter... Physic basics. I didn't lowball anything, its true Superman hasn't shown anything close to his past self as combat development matters... He can bench the Earth weight, but he didn't have a planet buster punching his face while doing it... See my point?
  • Do i need to make this argument again? You don't have anything that suggests Superman will punch Hulk faster than he can get angry... From where did you get this?
#88 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage:

1.I think Hulk can potentially bust a planet doesnt change the fact that the planet busting is a shared feat and as far as these threads go we have to leave out speculation to some point but hey like i said, i consider hulk a planet buster

2.He can empower himself within a split second.

3.Doesnt matter if he doesnt feel it the point is he is still taking damage, no one was amped besides she hulk again where do you get this from and i clearly rememeber hulk screaming in pain wen she hulk cut him open or wen Fin lit him up doesnt seem you read the book if you did doesnt seem you remember much.

4.Yes its part of the earth but a very small part making ur post of "that's why his steps can start tearing the earth" invalid as u mentioned earth as a whole.

5.Superman has shown far more strength than wat is needed to counter hulks "kinetic" energy. Not to mention physics and comics dont mix and if you wanna go there, there are calculations on how strong superman actually is according to mathematics and his benching the earth feat for five days, comes to a conclusion that at his max superman could bench press the entire weight of the solar system. see why we leave "physics" and "mathematics". How is hulk gonna punch superman in the face wen superman can travel over a hundred times the speed of light. With the combination of his strength and speed he could easily remove hulk to space, the sun, etc without hulk being able to react. HOWEVER just went over the OP and BFR is not allowed this makes things that much funner in debating.

6. Seeing how BFR is out superman would have to beat Hulk blitz fast from the get go if not Hulk could easily get the advantage and seeing how new 52 superman has low durability feats hulk can wins this

#89 Posted by GhostRavage (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m said:

@ghostravage:

1.I think Hulk can potentially bust a planet doesnt change the fact that the planet busting is a shared feat and as far as these threads go we have to leave out speculation to some point but hey like i said, i consider hulk a planet buster

3.Doesnt matter if he doesnt feel it the point is he is still taking damage, no one was amped besides she hulk again where do you get this from and i clearly rememeber hulk screaming in pain wen she hulk cut him open or wen Fin lit him up doesnt seem you read the book if you did doesnt seem you remember much.

4.Yes its part of the earth but a very small part making ur post of "that's why his steps can start tearing the earth" invalid as u mentioned earth as a whole.

5.Superman has shown far more strength than wat is needed to counter hulks "kinetic" energy. Not to mention physics and comics dont mix and if you wanna go there, there are calculations on how strong superman actually is according to mathematics and his benching the earth feat for five days, comes to a conclusion that at his max superman could bench press the entire weight of the solar system. see why we leave "physics" and "mathematics". How is hulk gonna punch superman in the face wen superman can travel over a hundred times the speed of light. With the combination of his strength and speed he could easily remove hulk to space, the sun, etc without hulk being able to react. HOWEVER just went over the OP and BFR is not allowed this makes things that much funner in debating.

6. Seeing how BFR is out superman would have to beat Hulk blitz fast from the get go if not Hulk could easily get the advantage and seeing how new 52 superman has low durability feats hulk can wins this

• First off, yeah he can empower himself quite fast, however, we all know what happens everytime World Breaker Hulk appears...

Omnidirectional destructive Gamma Waves. But no... It didn't happened when he was waiting already in World Breaker Hulk state. You have your theory while i have mine, i think we should leave that out because im not buying anything just by mere dialogues when the most logic thing to think is that he survived.

• Yeah, like i said, a bee can sting you and you're going like "ouch!" then you proceed to shrug it off effortlessly... Can't see my point? He did take all that damage however that didn't do anything significant on him...
  • The coast is part of the Earth, so if i say he's starting to tear the earth down, its a valid claiming, i didn't say, "Hulk with mere footsteps can bust the Earth" i said "Hulk can start tearing the Earth down with his footsteps..." 2 totally different statements.
  • Physics and comics DO mix all the time, however, not in profound way. The Flashes with the whole IMP concepts is pure physics, the whole Kinetic amp is pure physics and on and on... So yeah, i can use that instance given the fact the whole WBH concept was already explained and mentioned how Hulk doesn't grow larger anymore but starts generating incalculable amounts of Kinetic energy and gamma radiation.
  • Those calculations are BS... He can't bench the Solar System i mean... Are you looking at what you're writing? Show me this super reliable calculations if you may... I want to lol till Christmas with that...
  • While Superman strength was able to be WRONGLY calculated, people tried to do the same with Hulk and the Machine just blew up, stated multiple times Hulk's powers can't be measured and strengthen by Beyonder's claim.
  • Yeah, he can travel at that speed, i think everybody here knows of that feat of going from the Earth to Pluto in 2 minutes. However, that's travel speed, and even his past versions didn't show FTL fighting speed... Which is a point easily discarded since there's no proof to support he's able to fight at that speed, also, he did say he loses conscious about his environment when going FTL, i think he said so when he was about to crash with the Shadowmoon IIRC.
  • We already know Superman is fast, but what we're arguing here is if Superman would be able to even make a significant scratch on Hulk when all his attributes are ridiculously amped.
#90 Posted by X_insignia1 (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@studentofjorel: I`ve seen these scans before and I`m aware what he is capable of but many seem to justify for him in regards to him being able to bench press the earth for 5 days without a Yellow Sun as to something that attributes to striking strength when it doesn`t in actuality. He hasn`t shown any great durability feats as of late either. Helspont smacked him to the moon and he had trouble with a Kryptonian Dragon, WBH destroyed a planet within the courses of his fights and caused earth level shockwaves with ease, all Superman is going to do is anger him and we both know that is the last thing you want to do against Hulk especially WBH.

you do realize that despite it's fractured DNA the kryptonian dragon exhibits amplified abilities when exposed to yellow sun radiation as well right? hence his trouble with it. Now compare a normal human to a dragon.

#91 Edited by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@spm1m said:

@ghostravage:

• First off, yeah he can empower himself quite fast, however, we all know what happens everytime World Breaker Hulk appears...

Omnidirectional destructive Gamma Waves. But no... It didn't happened when he was waiting already in World Breaker Hulk state. You have your theory while i have mine, i think we should leave that out because im not buying anything just by mere dialogues when the most logic thing to think is that he survived.

• Yeah, like i said, a bee can sting you and you're going like "ouch!" then you proceed to shrug it off effortlessly... Can't see my point? He did take all that damage however that didn't do anything significant on him...
  • The coast is part of the Earth, so if i say he's starting to tear the earth down, its a valid claiming, i didn't say, "Hulk with mere footsteps can bust the Earth" i said "Hulk can start tearing the Earth down with his footsteps..." 2 totally different statements.
  • Physics and comics DO mix all the time, however, not in profound way. The Flashes with the whole IMP concepts is pure physics, the whole Kinetic amp is pure physics and on and on... So yeah, i can use that instance given the fact the whole WBH concept was already explained and mentioned how Hulk doesn't grow larger anymore but starts generating incalculable amounts of Kinetic energy and gamma radiation.
  • Those calculations are BS... He can't bench the Solar System i mean... Are you looking at what you're writing? Show me this super reliable calculations if you may... I want to lol till Christmas with that...
  • While Superman strength was able to be WRONGLY calculated, people tried to do the same with Hulk and the Machine just blew up, stated multiple times Hulk's powers can't be measured and strengthen by Beyonder's claim.
  • Yeah, he can travel at that speed, i think everybody here knows of that feat of going from the Earth to Pluto in 2 minutes. However, that's travel speed, and even his past versions didn't show FTL fighting speed... Which is a point easily discarded since there's no proof to support he's able to fight at that speed, also, he did say he loses conscious about his environment when going FTL, i think he said so when he was about to crash with the Shadowmoon IIRC.
  • We already know Superman is fast, but what we're arguing here is if Superman would be able to even make a significant scratch on Hulk when all his attributes are ridiculously amped.

1. agreed we can agree to disagree nothing wrong with that

2. i see i got ahead of myself sorry

3. I get ur point but u fail to see mine that fact that superman CAN damage him and at a much faster rate than for example red she hulk, kal is definitely able to keep up with hulk durability and healing.

4.Like u said not in a profound way and many times more than not physics get thrown out the window altough they do apply to some characters more than others. Can superman bench the weight of the solar system? no not IMO he hasnt shown anything remotely close to it but is there valid calculations that lead to this conclusion? yes there was a thread on the vine where someone did some calculations and that was the conclusion although i havent found the thread(looked for it for an hour) oh well this seems to off topic anyways.

5.All he needs is travel speed to BFR hulk but again this is a moot point. Im not sure about that not that it matters since this is new 52.

6. So lets condense this debate. as it stands superman can hurt hulk and is fast enough to keep hulk from touching him although with his low durability he can be KOd by hulk. Without the BFR option this is very close I would say 50/50. superman wins if he can blitz hulk in the first moments and hulk has the advantage if the fight goes on, it could even be a stalemate.

#92 Posted by Erick_Williams (754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malonius said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Lets see.

Superman stomps.

Is New-52 Superman stronger and more durable than WBH? I thought New-52 Superman was nerfed a bit. I always considered pre-New-52 Superman and Hulk in more or less the same strength/durability class, both with amp capabilities.

New 52 Superman has already benched planet sized weight for 5 days straight. He did not even find his upper limit and he was away from the sun while he was doing it. I dunno but to me this already makes him stronger than pre 52 Superman.

#93 Posted by GhostRavage (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m said:

@ghostravage said:

@spm1m said:

@ghostravage:

1. agreed we can agree to disagree nothing wrong with that

2. i see i got ahead of myself sorry

3. I get ur point but u fail to see mine that fact that superman CAN damage him and at a much faster rate than for example red she hulk, kal is definitely able to keep up with hulk durability and healing.

4.Like u said not in a profound way and many times more than not physics get thrown out the window altough they do apply to some characters more than others. Can superman bench the weight of the solar system? no not IMO he hasnt shown anything remotely close to it but is there valid calculations that lead to this conclusion? yes there was a thread on the vine where someone did some calculations and that was the conclusion although i havent found the thread(looked for it for an hour) oh well this seems to off topic anyways.

5.All he needs is travel speed to BFR hulk but again this is a moot point. Im not sure about that not that it matters since this is new 52.

6. So lets condense this debate. as it stands superman can hurt hulk and is fast enough to keep hulk from touching him although with his low durability he can be KOd by hulk. Without the BFR option this is very close I would say 50/50. superman wins if he can blitz hulk in the first moments and hulk has the advantage if the fight goes on, it could even be a stalemate.

• Agreed to disagree :)
  • Conceded. Humbleness makes you a better debater :)
  • Im not so sure about that.
  • Nobody said Superman can't hurt Hulk, what we're arguing here is if he can hurt Hulk significantly to pull a win, something i hardly doubt.
  • More like 70/30 in my book.
  • I said this is potentially a stalemate due to Superman being able to avoid Hulk hits 99.9% of times.
#95 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

well Helspont is a former Mr Majestic villain. it makes sense that Helspont is far superior to Superman. Helspont is easily on Darksied's level.

and if you noticed Dr Veritas says that heexerted more power with his punched than she measured when he was benching the planet. so though you are correct lifting does not equal punching he is still capable of even more power than he was using at that point. hope that makes sense.

and i must say that "planet busting" is one of the things that has very littl context to it. first of all i think it is sorely obvious that DC has a different philosophy on "planet busting" than does marvel. Thor was planet busting without hitting or even being on a planet but a fight with superman,darksied, Hal Jordan, WW and Aquaman does little more than damage a city. honestly i think Whereas DC puts an emphasis on speed Marvel puts one on planet busting. honestly when was the last time a character destroyed a planet in DC? John Stewart?

#96 Edited by RetconCrisis (3375 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

World Breaker Hulk!

New 52 Superman shook the entire planet Earth with punches thrown at H'el, AND felt all the way to the Watchtower.

#97 Edited by GhostRavage (8398 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis: Hulk did the something similar in Incredible Hulk #1 and he wasn't even mad...

(From right to left)

By punching some amped wildboars he was creating 5.8 earthquakes all around the world. Effortlessly while Superman needed to be pissed off. The last time Hulk was pissed off he actually busted a planet several times.

#98 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

still superman.

#99 Edited by RetconCrisis (3375 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Superman's punches were so powerful they rippled across Earth's atmosphere to the point where even Batman and Cyborg could feel the punches all the way in space in the Watchtower (see previous scan). And these are not just one or two focused punches. They were regularly thrown punches that were consistent in power.

I'm not saying he's stronger than WBH, but he's not as weak as some people say.

But he's too fast for Hulk. He can speedblitz him like he did Orion.

#100 Posted by FANNYBUSTER (129 posts) - - Show Bio

World Breaker Hulk cracks Superman's ribs