Wonder Woman vs Sentry (Boxing)

• 106 results
myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sophia89: lol...you're hilarious...and I never noticed that...

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@mezame said:

@micah said:

Looks like people keep coming up with new ways for their favorite character to win. Superman vs Silver Surfer h2h????? Of course Supes wins. Wonder Woman vs Sentry in boxing?????? Give me a break, I'm amazed................

to be fair... that practice has been around for a very long time now with superman getting his speed advantage taken away in superman vs hulk threads

Yes I know and it's not fair in those situations either, but at least Supes has his strength and durability to hang in there with the Hulk, but I digress. With Sentry vs Wonder Woman in boxing it's completely unfair Sentry really has not noticeable h2h feats outside of maybe two or three. This is almost spite.

are you a sentry fan? if so be happy about it, since people are basically stating that you need to take away the majority of the advantages the sentry has and depower him even further on top of that so that wonder woman could compete with him :-) and even then it shouldn't be an easy fight for her considering how much harder world war hulk punches than her and how long he needed to down an unstable sentry

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Looks like people keep coming up with new ways for their favorite character to win. Superman vs Silver Surfer h2h????? Of course Supes wins. Wonder Woman vs Sentry in boxing?????? Give me a break, I'm amazed................

If you're talking about pure H2H and absolutely nothing else, then sure. But without stats equalized, Silver Surfer would beat Superman in H2H by overpowering him.

Overpowering him?

Nah mate, I'm gonna have to say that's a big ole pile of nope.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, Diana wins.

Jmarshmallow

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By micah007123

@mezame said:

@micah said:

@mezame said:

@micah said:

to be fair... that practice has been around for a very long time now with superman getting his speed advantage taken away in superman vs hulk threads

Yes I know and it's not fair in those situations either, but at least Supes has his strength and durability to hang in there with the Hulk, but I digress. With Sentry vs Wonder Woman in boxing it's completely unfair Sentry really has not noticeable h2h feats outside of maybe two or three. This is almost spite.

are you a sentry fan? if so be happy about it, since people are basically stating that you need to take away the majority of the advantages the sentry has and depower him even further on top of that so that wonder woman could compete with him :-) and even then it shouldn't be an easy fight for her considering how much harder world war hulk punches than her and how long he needed to down an unstable sentry

I do like Sentry and I agree with you for the most part. It's just that I picture Wonder Woman dancing around him, putting him in submission holds, using pressure points, and using his momentum against him things we have never seen Sentry do resulting in a win 9/10 or even 10/10 times even if Sentry is her superior physically. Sentry isn't skilled in h2h at all for the most part. But I won't continue to complain, what I really didn't like was the Superman vs Silver Surfer thread. Surfer was nerfed soooooo much and it wasn't to make the fight fair basically everything that made Surfer who he is was stripped away.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@micah said:

If you're talking about pure H2H and absolutely nothing else, then sure. But without stats equalized, Silver Surfer would beat Superman in H2H by overpowering him.

Overpowering him?

Jmarshmallow

Oh yeah? Let's fight about it. Meet me at the school playground in 15 minutes. Prepare to get wrecked.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Kind of like how Ronan is superior to Gamora but yet she was flipping him on his ass in h2h

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: When Sentry was stable he went punch for punch with a Void that stomped Hulk. Again, I'm still skeptical on that feat, I can't deny that it happened. He's had some other good ones, too.

Void also humiliated a stable Sentry.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@micah: Kind of like how Ronan is superior to Gamora but yet she was flipping him on his ass in h2h

Exactly.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: If anything someone should do a Gamora vs Wonder Woman strictly h2h combat with stats equalized battle.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@micah said:

Overpowering him?

Jmarshmallow

Oh yeah? Let's fight about it. Meet me at the school playground in 15 minutes. Prepare to get wrecked.

Loading Video...

Jmarshmallow

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame:

there is tons of proof, you just have to embrace it...........

Nope.

when unstable he releases energies capable of destroying city blocks...... when slightly more stable he releases energies capable of destroying moons......... when stable he releases planetary level energies, while holding back.......

His energy levels during WWH clearly exceeded all previous uses of energy so the argument is moot. He had help from beings far more powerful than himself(Genis-Vell and the Collective)in the other feats you've cited.

when unstable he bothers with namor for too long...... when stable he stops heralds like galactus with one hand and punches through the voids chest.......

Terrax has been beaten by Thing, someone Namor's stalemated. I don't see how there's a big contrast. He's also been humiliated by Void while stable, so moot comparison.

when unstable his speed levels are lower and the hulk is capable of reacting to him and punching him in the face........ when stable he moves faster than others can even process it...........

That's just evidence he doesn't use his operational speed effectively in combat. Besides, Hulk's occassionally tagged fast people-like a blitzing Silver Surfer.

there is more than enough evidence that the sentry's power increases with his mental stability and that even on lower stability levels he outperforms high heralds and planet busters........ think about that for a second....... the sentry, who fought world war hulk was the weakest sentry we ever saw

but hey as usual, downgraders gonna downgrade......

You haven't given me a single showing of Sentry being portrayed near on par with "High heralds"as you put it(and I'm aware you put people like Gladiator in that class for the record). I've explained why beating Terrax isn't impressive and why there's no proof Sentry was weakened when he fought and got stomped by World War Hulk(who was holding back at that).

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Honestly Gamora is far superior to WW in skills. Batman has better skills than WW.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@micah said:

Overpowering him?

Jmarshmallow

Loading Video...

Jmarshmallow

YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME KIDDO? THINK AGAIN! I AM A 25TH PRESTIGE IN CALL OF DUTY, I HAVE OVER 20,000,000,000 GOLD COINS ON MY RUNESCAPE ACCOUNT, I AM A HARDCORE MLG WORLD OF WARCRAFT HEROIC RAIDER, I HAVE MORE SUBSCRIBERS THAN PEWDIEPIE, MY MOM LETS ME STAY UP UNTIL 1 IN THE MORNING.

I AM TRAINED IN OVER 100,000 DIFFERENT MARTIAL ARTS BY CHUCK NORRIS, I HAVE ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE ARSENAL OF THE MARINE CORPS, AND I AM THE #1 POSER IN THE LEGION OF SWAG.

I AM A TRUE SUPER SAIYAN, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS. I BEAT SUPERMAN EVERY MORNING BECAUSE I AM PRO LIKE THAT.

Loading Video...

YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME, NOTHING I TELL YOU!

i wil rek u m8.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Karazyn

@mezame:

there is tons of proof, you just have to embrace it...........

Nope.

when unstable he releases energies capable of destroying city blocks...... when slightly more stable he releases energies capable of destroying moons......... when stable he releases planetary level energies, while holding back.......

His energy levels during WWH clearly exceeded all previous uses of energy so the argument is moot. He had help from beings far more powerful than himself(Genis-Vell and the Collective)in the other feats you've cited.

when unstable he bothers with namor for too long...... when stable he stops heralds like galactus with one hand and punches through the voids chest.......

Terrax has been beaten by Thing, someone Namor's stalemated. I don't see how there's a big contrast. He's also been humiliated by Void while stable, so moot comparison.

when unstable his speed levels are lower and the hulk is capable of reacting to him and punching him in the face........ when stable he moves faster than others can even process it...........

That's just evidence he doesn't use his operational speed effectively in combat. Besides, Hulk's occassionally tagged fast people-like a blitzing Silver Surfer.

there is more than enough evidence that the sentry's power increases with his mental stability and that even on lower stability levels he outperforms high heralds and planet busters........ think about that for a second....... the sentry, who fought world war hulk was the weakest sentry we ever saw

but hey as usual, downgraders gonna downgrade......

You haven't given me a single showing of Sentry being portrayed near on par with "High heralds"as you put it(and I'm aware you put people like Gladiator in that class for the record). I've explained why beating Terrax isn't impressive and why there's no proof Sentry was weakened when he fought and got stomped by World War Hulk(who was holding back at that).

1. listen man, we danced this dance before..... once you ran out of arguments back then in the day you ran off and now you're trying again to get your questionable points through.......

2. collective easily beat binary, who is a planet buster, yet he was stalemated for few comics by an unstable sentry....... in their fight their destroyed a moon...... so it's safe to say that they went fairly even for the most part...... in the genis fight the narration said that the energy BOTH MEN spit out were shredding entire worlds and NOT that their COMBINED energies were shreding worlds......

3. why are you using low showings of a character to prove a point? terrax also fought better against morg than other characters did....... terrax also fought extremely well against silver surfer...... do you see thing and namor doing the same? concentrate on the high showings of the characters, mate or get out.......... also would you please be so kind and show me where void humiliated a stable sentry? i would gladly see that

4. i won't even bother adressing that

5. the last one is really hilarious........ okay, so far i want you to show me where void humiliated a stable sentry..... now i also want you to show me how high heralds like gladiator, silver surfer and thor humiliate terrax........ and to say that the sentry wasn't weakened during world war hulk is beyond ridiculous, since we're at a point now, where even the biggest hulk supporters admit that the sentry was weakened during that event and therefore performing much worse than he actually would at his peak........

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame: Let's just agree to disagree.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame: Let's just agree to disagree.

how about we don't? you're misinterpreting comic characters, stories and events due to a lack of knowledge, or maybe simply ignorance or bias..... that's not cool, mate.. and it's not only about the sentry..... you do that in general with many other characters on an almost daily basis and you're not willing to accept the opinions of people, who might very well be more knowledgeable on some characters than you are......... all of that is a problem, because you run from thread to thread and spread that misinformation and someone, who doesn't know that much about a certain character and is easily influenced will read your questionable takes on that character and stick with them and maybe even spread them as well...... this is not about you, but about setting things straight......... so please, show me where void humiliated a stable sentry and where terrax got manhandled by high heralds like thor, silver surfer and gladiator..... i for one can gladly direct you to a thread where someone is willing to take time out of his daily routine to write an in depth post on why the sentry was depowered during the world war hulk event

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/why-sentry-was-weakened-during-the-world-war-hulk--1616734/
do yourself a favor and read that

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@micah said:

Overpowering him?

Jmarshmallow

Loading Video...

Jmarshmallow

YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME KIDDO? THINK AGAIN! I AM A 25TH PRESTIGE IN CALL OF DUTY, I HAVE OVER 20,000,000,000 GOLD COINS ON MY RUNESCAPE ACCOUNT, I AM A HARDCORE MLG WORLD OF WARCRAFT HEROIC RAIDER, I HAVE MORE SUBSCRIBERS THAN PEWDIEPIE, MY MOM LETS ME STAY UP UNTIL 1 IN THE MORNING.

I AM TRAINED IN OVER 100,000 DIFFERENT MARTIAL ARTS BY CHUCK NORRIS, I HAVE ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE ARSENAL OF THE MARINE CORPS, AND I AM THE #1 POSER IN THE LEGION OF SWAG.

I AM A TRUE SUPER SAIYAN, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS. I BEAT SUPERMAN EVERY MORNING BECAUSE I AM PRO LIKE THAT.

Loading Video...

YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME, NOTHING I TELL YOU!

i wil rek u m8.

Well d@mn.

You win this round mate...

But your victory shall be brief, this I swear!

Jmarshmallow

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@micah: Honestly Gamora is far superior to WW in skills. Batman has better skills than WW.

Still would be cool to see. Maybe just a fight to the death between the two.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame: I'm not dealing with all that.

Also, the instance when void stomped Sentry was something I saw posted by you copied from a post Killemall made.

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/why-sentry-was-weakened-during-the-world-war-hulk--1616734/

I did. My response is the same as the Hulk experts. Too much is wrong with it.

1. of course you're not...... you didn't deal with that the last time i called you out on your biased point of view.... instead you ran away and here you are again, weeks later, pretending like what you still say holds any value to it.......

2. i copied a post from killemall to make fun of him, because his points were terrible...... as it seems you didn't even pay attention to it

3. yes, hulk experts..... ghostravage can know as much as he wants about the hulk, but that doesn't make him a sentry expert....... 2-3 days ago i saw him asking realitywarper for proof that the sentry's power is linked to his mental stability, which shocked the hell out of me considering for how long sentry experts were showing scans, which show that sentry's power is linked to his mental stability and as it looks like ghostravage looked at that scan for the first time in that instance and actually realized it.........

here is the problem with your biased point of view....... a sentry expert states that the sentry was weakened during world war hulk....... then you have a hulk expert being butthurt, because that obviously makes the hulk look worse...... then that hulk expert says some stuff about the arguments the sentry expert made and non of that makes much sense really....... then the sentry experts dig deeper and explain everything in greater detail and debunk everything the hulk experts had to say about that....... and then something magical happens...... the hulk experts don't know what to say anymore..... they can't come up with any more arguments but to repeat themselves, even though all of that has been debunked........ and then they leave threads and continue to post their butthurt comments few days later...... it's a never ending battle and i'm happy to see that there are people like @realitywarper and @sophia89 and @jmarshmallow who are willing to put up with all of that and explain all of it over and over again.......... i guess they believe that if they can't convince people like ghostravage, lvenger and yourself to look into the light, maybe they will be able to do the same with less biased posters, who don't mind the sentry being more powerful than hulk or superman or whoever

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mezame: I'm not dealing with all that.

Also, the instance when void stomped Sentry was something I saw posted by you copied from a post Killemall made.

I did. My response is the same as the Hulk experts. Too much is wrong with it.

1) Stable Sentry = No Void.

2) Void = Voices in Robert Reynolds head

3) Void is manifested as a darkness construct when Robert can't make a difference between what is real and what is not, due to his paranoïd schizophrenia, so with his powers he create a character called The Void.

4) Hulk experts are biased. They just can't admit that another character is superior to The Hulk.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the lowballing in this thread here, Sentry wins this IMO...

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana should win this, she is definitely more skilled

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how. This isn't a fight that focuses on them using all of their abilities, but they're stripped to their core powerset meaning the only thing they have to rely on is skill and Diana's are leagues above Bob's. The strength and durability gap isn't big enough to where it would be an easy win for him. I've never understood why people act as if the strength difference between Wonder Woman and the big boys of the 2 big companies is like that between The Hulk and Ms. Marvel. She's proven time and time again to be in their league. Truth is this could have been a battle including Thor, Superman, Hulk, Hercules, Black Adam, Gladiator, BRB, etc and if you striped them down to strength, speed, durability and skill WW would come out on top more often than not.

@micah said:

@mezame said:

@micah said:

@mezame said:

@micah said:

I do like Sentry and I agree with you for the most part. It's just that I picture Wonder Woman dancing around him, putting him in submission holds, using pressure points, and using his momentum against him things we have never seen Sentry do resulting in a win 9/10 or even 10/10 times even if Sentry is her superior physically. Sentry isn't skilled in h2h at all for the most part. But I won't continue to complain, what I really didn't like was the Superman vs Silver Surfer thread. Surfer was nerfed soooooo much and it wasn't to make the fight fair basically everything that made Surfer who he is was stripped away.

People have been doing that for the past month and a half with Wonder Woman by pitting her against manga characters and then equalizing her speed, removing some of her weaponry or powers or making the opposition immune to said powers all in the act of "fairness", which we all know is just the fact that they'd like to see a manga character beat a high tier comic character.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Kingant27

@evil_incarnate: People saying She-Hulk beats Sentry, when even unstable he has matched WWH.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: *Sigh*

It's standard Sentry.

That's the one pictured, and he's designated "unstable"(relatively speaking, Death-Seed Sentry has no mental-instability issues).

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: lol, I was thinking this was a response from another thread...

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW.

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boxing? Sentry will get lucky to land a hit on the far superior fighter that is wonder woman. This thread seems to be made to make this wonder womans win.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: People saying She-Hulk beats Sentry, when even unstable he has matched WWH.

Well that's just ludicrous, however Diana has earned her place among the greats.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: Agreed, however the WW lovers are trying to lowball Sentry; which is childish...

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@kingant27 said:

@evil_incarnate: Agreed, however the WW lovers are trying to lowball Sentry; which is childish...

Sentry's top tier status shouldn't be in question. If this were a regular battle with access to all powers he'd win, but given that they have the bare necessities in this one she wins.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 said:

I don't see how. This isn't a fight that focuses on them using all of their abilities, but they're stripped to their core powerset meaning the only thing they have to rely on is skill and Diana's are leagues above Bob's. The strength and durability gap isn't big enough to where it would be an easy win for him. I've never understood why people act as if the strength difference between Wonder Woman and the big boys of the 2 big companies is like that between The Hulk and Ms. Marvel. She's proven time and time again to be in their league. Truth is this could have been a battle including Thor, Superman, Hulk, Hercules, Black Adam, Gladiator, BRB, etc and if you striped them down to strength, speed, durability and skill WW would come out on top more often than not.

@micah said:

@mezame said:

@micah said:

@mezame said:

@micah said:

People have been doing that for the past month and a half with Wonder Woman by pitting her against manga characters and then equalizing her speed, removing some of her weaponry or powers or making the opposition immune to said powers all in the act of "fairness", which we all know is just the fact that they'd like to see a manga character beat a high tier comic character.

I know and it's so weird and takes the fun out of a battle in those situations. It's like putting He-Man against Batman in a fight but denying He-Man the "Power of Grayskull".....................sooooo unfair.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standard boxing rules? I'd go with WW by decision. I don't see her KO'ing Sentry, even unstable.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standard boxing rules? I'd go with WW by decision. I don't see her KO'ing Sentry, even unstable.

Because Sentry can't be knocked unconscious...?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By green_skaar

@green_skaar said:

Never said that, I just don't see him being KO'd in this match that's all, I see it going to decision.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: Lowball Sentry? Not me. I am only suggesting his lack of combat skills. I never stated She-Hulk beat Sentry which would be ridiculous. If someone is someone is more skilled than you then they will mop the floor with you in h2h. It is pretty laughable for you think he would beat WW in h2h when even Superman can't.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Kingant27

@zhurong: The Superman fanatics claim Clark stomps her, even with her sword; never mind without a weapon...

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#97  Edited By Jestersmiles

WW may land more hits but not knock him out. Not in a million years.

but since you can use Super Speed. Sentry wins.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By Jestersmiles

@green_skaar said:

not by her, no. And you can use super speed. Bob> WW. Sentry wins due he being superior in speed.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

can he post molecule man encounter? he had his face blown off and was standing and regenerating from that..... he burnt down to a skeleton and was hearing the void talking to him... as the void he got his head sliced off and he was still talking and killed loki... recently as death seed sentry he ripped his own head apart and was talking and using his tendrils of darkness....... can the sentry be knocked unconscious? i would argue that an unstable sentry can, because the unstable sentry appeared in world war hulk and that's pre molecule man encounter, where sentry learned what he is really capable of

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate said:

@green_skaar said:

not by her, no. And you can use super speed. Bob> WW. Sentry wins due he being superior in speed.

Oh wow you made a very credible post...

@mezame said:

@evil_incarnate said:

@green_skaar said:

can he post molecule man encounter? he had his face blown off and was standing and regenerating from that..... he burnt down to a skeleton and was hearing the void talking to him... as the void he got his head sliced off and he was still talking and killed loki... recently as death seed sentry he ripped his own head apart and was talking and using his tendrils of darkness....... can the sentry be knocked unconscious? i would argue that an unstable sentry can, because the unstable sentry appeared in world war hulk and that's pre molecule man encounter, where sentry learned what he is really capable of

1. This isn't Void.
  2. This isn't Death Seed.
  3. This is unstable Sentry,
  4. Please read the OP.