Wonder woman vs Rogue

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Erik

@Evil Incarnate said:

I was gonna say all that. :(

You snooze, you lose. :p

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#152  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

There is absolutely no way Rogue is winning this unless someone like you gets to write some fan fiction that seriously jobs Wonder Woman.

Stealing the format of this line for future use.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By jashro44

The only way wonder woman is losing this is if rouge has stolen the powers of someone with over the top powers through some miracle like: superman, captain marvel, thor, silver surfer,etc but thats it....Wonder woman stomps under normal conditions and rogue gets 1 shotted. This should be locked

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Not necessarily accurate but I thought it was pretty cool.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Erik said:

@Godabed said:

I only listed one form of fighting that she uses, not discounting others, it's just the one that came to mind. That does not change the fact that she will have to come into physical contact with Rogue, and Rogue still has the element of surprise.You bring up a good point about her clothing, Rogue's body is usually fully coverage except for her face and neck. When WW isn't punching someone in the face or she tends to put them in a hold, this makes it highly likely that she will come in to skin to skin contact. There is also the surprise kiss, that always catches the opponent off guard. The lasso is a none factor because of Rogue's seventh sense, it could be dodged or caught. You claim that she doesn't have the durability to stand a single punch, provide the proof, that she can be taken out with one punch. She has been punched into orbit and wasn't KO'ed so i seriously doubt WW is going to KO in one punch, i'll be waiting for that evidence. In forums you don't go by the showings you like best you go by consistent showings of the character, we can look at all of WW first encounters with other people and see exactly how fast or how much force she actually exerts in those situation to see if she KO'ed people in one punch. I bet you she didn't on regular occassions. This is can also be judged by how the character is shown in normal fight situations, of course with the context of the fight being explained (best form of information on panel descriptions not subjective commentating by the reader). So no you don't simply "assume" that WW is using planet moving strength in a fight simply because you think she would. that's not what she is shown to do, she doesn't even do that when fighting superman who is stronger than her. The embolden part, wasn't to goat people into talking about those scenarios those were be be avoided, so I'm not even going to comment on what you said there.
  • You listed it as though it was all she would or most likely would do. Neither are true.
  • She does not have to come into physical contact with Rogue at all.
  • Rogue does not have any element of surprise. She is the one that will be surprised by Wonder Woman's speed blitz. She will never even see the hit that knocks her out.
  • Where are your facts supporting a face strike immediately followed by some kind of face hold? Rogue is not even going to take that first hit anyway.
  • Right. Wonder Woman will just let Rogue kiss her. I suppose I can see how you might think that is a viable strategy since Diana comes from an island of women.
  • Even IF Rogue had that ability (and I believe she used it once or twice in the 70s or 80s so essentially it does not exist), knowing you are screwed does not tell you how to avoid said loss.
  • I can prove that Wonder Woman is on Superman tier strength levels. Now provide proof that Rogue can take a hit from that power range.
  • If you seriously doubt Wonder Woman can knock Rogue out, you do not know much about either character. Rogue is human level durability and even at her most durable (when she had Ms. Marvel powers) she was only class 80 strength and barely pushing class 100 durability. Wonder Woman is well beyond 100 ton strength.
  • Wonder Woman does not belt out full strength hits right out of the gate sure. The assumption is human until proven otherwise I am sure. But how is Rogue supposed to gauge Wonder Woman's power off of human level strikes eh? I will go ahead and assume for a moment that Rogue is classic and is back at class 80. Rogue takes a human level hit from Wonder Woman and what, decides to take the gloves off? You are dreaming. At best all that will happen is that Rogue will reveal her own power levels, allowing Wonder Woman to loosen the reigns a little more. Either way, by the time Rogue finds out she is completely outclassed, she is knocked out. Or better yet, how is Rogue going to deal with being incapacitated?
  • I know what feats we consider. I have been on the battle forums a long time and can guarantee that I know the rules of the forum better than you. That said, Wonder Woman has often opened a fight with powerful strikes when she has known the opponent can handle them. So Wonder Woman will not necessarily open the battle with a planet cracking strike but she does not have to. She can deliver a marginally higher than human strike, evaluate Rogue's durability and strike again before Rogue has time to shake the first one off. And then, there is still the lasso that she has absolutely no answer for.

IIRC classic Rogue was in the 50 ton range.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Erik

@Evil Incarnate:

Even better.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Godabed
@Erik: While you were stating all the things WW would do i was actually going through WW comics 2006-2009. Which i believe was the subject of this forum at the time it was created. Guess what i did not find, not one speed blitz or single shot KO. Not even against, Genocide when they first met, or the Green Lantern Procanon Kaa.   No insane strength used against character who have no enhanced durability of any kind or even ones with enhanced and godlike durability. She could not stop a nuclear mission from destroying Themyscira, she had to ask Athena for help.  This is her own title book.
Lots of face punching (more striker than grappler you were right) and physical body contact which is where she focused most of her strikes (face shots), lots of inner turmoil. No killing of mortals, she did kill mythological things, but she stopped short at people who she should have actually killed. Like Hercules. the early stuff covers that in-depth the whole "to kill or not to kill" after the Max Lord thing. 
She mostly used the lasso to get information and rarely actually used in her fights at all. And she is never shown using it on anyone using any super speed what so ever.
She showed some good strength, but nothing with an actual number to or description of how much strength she was actually using, and her strength varied depending on who she was fighting, Be it Nazis, Amazon, Lantern, Gorilla from Gorilla City, Khunds alien invasion (to which  right after the initial invasion fight someone asked for an autograph on their armor), Circe, or God.
If you want i can give you actual issues for yourself to check out.  Everything I stated is true.

Again you are stating that rogue will be knocked out with one punch, you need to prove that not me.
You stating that having a power drain ability via physical touch isn't an edge, exactly how? Because you think WW will avoid physical contact with Rogue, sorry that's is not shown to be the case with WW at all, it's quite the opposite she will fight head to head as she normally does, and MAY resort to superspeed blitz out of frustration, but I'm sure by that time it would be too late.
The kiss is very tactical, and would indeed catch any one off guard as it has been shown to do, especially someone who does not know Rogue's actual powers, and just see's the Ms. Marvel powers that she is using.  I don't know what WW growing up around amazons has to do with it, I'm kind of confused by this.
You bring up Rogue's Strength, which does not matter as much as her durability in your argument. Considering you keep stating that she can't take WW's punch, but if you know for a fact as you stated that WW does not start off at High levels of strength how exactly is she going to knock her out with one punch? It's a contradiction of the previous argument all together or are you just playing devil's advocate?  The question isn't will Rogue go punch for punch with WW in order to win but can she absorb WW powers/skills/knowledge and add them to her own (because just slugging it out, Rogue would lose), and would she have the opportunity to accomplish that, so far nothing you stated actually proves that. 
You asked earlier would Rogue remove her gloves during the fight, of course i believe she would, and I will agree with you that she would start the fight with them on. But i also don't doubt that she will have the opportunity to take them off.
But I also believe WW will punch Rogue in the face as she does a lot, and don't get me wrong she kicks as well but she hits people in face more.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
The scans and the subtext shows, she is able to literally gain a lifetime of ninjitsu skills with one finger contact with the skin, and as you know being with superpowers she gains their powers as well and also weaken them.

Was that Fan-fiction thing a dig at me?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Erik

@Godabed:

You are using a lot of words, but you are saying almost nothing at all. I already proved that Rogue cannot take a full power strike from Wonder Woman because I can prove her strength levels. You have yet to provide a single shred of proof to Rogue's ability to take even a single strike of that power. And if you want to use the specific time frame that this thread was created, that works great for me. Rogue did not even have enhanced durability back then. That was around the time of Children of the Vault. So this is, according to your own preference, a fight between Wonder Woman and a human that can sap power.

Even if Rogue can sap power, she certainly will not from a strike designed to knock out a human. Why? Because she will be knocked out. Rogue has one trick in her bag and it can only be used after she is unconscious. And again, you still have absolutely no answer for being bound, which is used just as often as any other Wonder Woman strategy.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#159  Edited By Hazlenaut

every second Rogue makes skin contact the powers are absorb for an hour. This is going to take some calculation. No mater how fast WW can hit which i am guessing faster than a third of a second, Rogue will still absorb her powers. When fighting someone who can absorb powers by skin touch never fight close distance. If WW fights without that knowledge she would lose.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Erik

@Hazlenaut said:

every second Rogue makes skin contact the powers are absorb for an hour. This is going to take some calculation. No mater how fast WW can hit which i am guessing faster than a third of a second, Rogue will still absorb her powers. When fighting someone who can absorb powers by skin touch never fight close distance. If WW fights without that knowledge she would lose.

It is not an hour. It is 60x length of contact. So 1 minute for every second. Besides that, characters like Wonder Woman retain their powers even after getting siphoned because they just have too much power for Rogue. There is no guarantee that Rogue can even tip the scales in her favor even after a prolonged hold. Ares is a good example. A much much less powerful person than WW and yet after a prolonged touch, he was fine. If he could fly, her punch would have only been a surprise rather than a BFR.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Godabed

@Erik: really you provided proof that WW could KO, Rogue with one punch? No only thing you said was you can prove she is on the same strength tier as superman. Which against strength isn't important. All you did was make guess about rogue's strength and durability, which is stretchy at best. Nothing to actually back it up at all. Also the reference to the 50 tons, isn't quite true. The machine rogue ordered from the FF4, displays the weight of 47.05. but her first rep was 50 tons, it states that she does this for over 15 minutes. uncanny 224. So it's a starting point to gauge her strength not her max.

What you did is never actually proved your case at all. The showing of WW during the time doesn't suggest she would do a speed blitz of any kind or KO in one hit. Be her opponent super durable or not.

Grant it, i did not read a lot of the x-men books during the Children of the Vault instance but I've read a few of them, I'm pretty sure that was when Rogue Acquired Sunfire's power permanently. Which also provided her with some physical impact protection. Along with his martial arts, and samurai training. Actually the scan i posted was from her solo series just before she took his powers.

As for the Ms. Marvel discussion as far as durability, read uncanny x-men 171, 218.

So changing the Rogues does change some things but not all, I'm going to end this conversation because i find your comments to be very personal and a little rude.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Erik

@Godabed:

1. Lol yes I provided proof through deduction.
  2. Lifting 50 tons in high reps would prove that she is more than 50 max. I was under the impression that she was 80 ton anyway. Not that it matters because a full punch from that range of strength will not cause Diana any harm at all.
  3. Not sure what your point was in the second paragraph. It seems like a disorganized thought.
  4. Rogue could be the undisputed martial arts master of the planet and it will still avail her not against Diana.
  5. Ms. Marvel was Binary at the time in 171. It is completely irrelevant for the purposes of this thread.
  6. In 218, Rogue did absolutely nothing impressive until she kissed Juggernaut. She even expressed very clearly that she was in pain from when he swat her away. Then there is the fact that she should not even be able to sap Juggernaut in the first place due to many factors. One being his force field and the other being that he is powered by the Gem of Cyttorak, a gem that essentially grants him infinite power. It was just a plot driven issue.
  7. If you do not like losing, then I would suggest you do leave. Your arguments may end up painting you in a corner as a fanboy were you to continue anyway. No one wants that.
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

This is not exactly wolverine vs vegeta but still spite

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#164  Edited By SC  Moderator

I could see this going either way. Its Wondy's to lose, depends on her attitude during the encounter. WW majority.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Erik: There's no point in arguing. All the arguments for Rogue center around her going against the norm and immeadiately going for her absorbtion power as Wonder Woman casually sits around and waits for it. If both ladies fight in character Diana lassos her or if not in character Diana obliterates her before she can think to react.

Alexman113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Alexman113

@Godabed said:

@Erik: really you provided proof that WW could KO, Rogue with one punch? No only thing you said was you can prove she is on the same strength tier as superman. Which against strength isn't important. All you did was make guess about rogue's strength and durability, which is stretchy at best. Nothing to actually back it up at all. Also the reference to the 50 tons, isn't quite true. The machine rogue ordered from the FF4, displays the weight of 47.05. but her first rep was 50 tons, it states that she does this for over 15 minutes. uncanny 224. So it's a starting point to gauge her strength not her max.

What you did is never actually proved your case at all. The showing of WW during the time doesn't suggest she would do a speed blitz of any kind or KO in one hit. Be her opponent super durable or not.

Grant it, i did not read a lot of the x-men books during the Children of the Vault instance but I've read a few of them, I'm pretty sure that was when Rogue Acquired Sunfire's power permanently. Which also provided her with some physical impact protection. Along with his martial arts, and samurai training. Actually the scan i posted was from her solo series just before she took his powers.

As for the Ms. Marvel discussion as far as durability, read uncanny x-men 171, 218.

So changing the Rogues does change some things but not all, I'm going to end this conversation because i find your comments to be very personal and a little rude.

I guess I am a little curious as to how Rogue is going to come into physical contact with Wonder Woman in any way that it's Wonder Woman one-shotting her? Woman has faster reflexes than Superman and spars against the Flash while blindfolded. She is easily one of the top tier fighters in the DCU.

TaZzmaYniaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By TaZzmaYniaN

This Is Tricky It Can Go Either Way Really WW is a waaay better fighter n much stronger but if rogue gets her hands on her thats a wrap.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By YoungJustice

@Alexman113 said:

@Godabed said:

I guess I am a little curious as to how Rogue is going to come into physical contact with Wonder Woman in any way that it's Wonder Woman one-shotting her? Woman has faster reflexes than Superman and spars against the Flash while blindfolded. She is easily one of the top tier fighters in the DCU.

Her touching Rogue I guess.

@TaZzmaYniaN said:

This Is Tricky It Can Go Either Way Really WW is a waaay better fighter n much stronger but if rogue gets her hands on her thats a wrap.

Please dont bump mismatches.

It just brings spam to the front page.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#169  Edited By Outside_85

@YoungJustice: Unless if the only time Diana makes skin-skin contact with Rogue is when her fist impacts with her head. (On the other hand if Diana lands a solid one against the midsection of Rogue, the fight could be over right there)

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By YoungJustice

@Outside_85 said:

@YoungJustice: Unless if the only time Diana makes skin-skin contact with Rogue is when her fist impacts with her head. (On the other hand if Diana lands a solid one against the midsection of Rogue, the fight could be over right there)

Thats what I was talking about.........

Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman ftw....but it would be interesting to see how Rogues powers play out in the DC universe

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue gets decapitated in a second

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@vega8282 said:

Wonder Woman ftw....but it would be interesting to see how Rogues powers play out in the DC universe

@youngjustice said:

Please dont bump mismatches.

It just brings spam to the front page.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

I could see this going either way. Its Wondy's to lose, depends on her attitude during the encounter. WW majority.

This. Plus I think it would depend on who's powerset Rogue has acquired at the time.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wonder Woman easy

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Rougea horseman of Apocolypse in some universe? If so, that is the only Rouge with a shot. The main universe Rouge does not have the feats or skill.

SkyCaptainRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Battle did this one. They seem to have a large enough fan base that I believe their hype. Rogues Durability is far above her Str. She can take a hit from WW. and WW punches in the face in almost every fight she ever has. She don't wear gloves. She will probibally land a hit on Rogue's face, in witch case all their stats are now equal, and I even mean fighting ability, if not that Rogue has the advantage slightly. But Rogue still has her absorbing powers. She now has the stats to land more hits, and each hit drains WW more and more. Sometimes big manes loose to lesser ones. Show some scans of WW KO'ing peple with body blows, the blow in question being the first one she throws. You need to prove she fights like that on a regular basis, not just against Rogue because you really want her to win. Rogue, on the other had, has Absorbed Thor, Aries, Juggernaut. proving she can use her powers on Gods. This fight would Quickly become WW Vs WW with absorbing powers. When you word it that way, it should be easier to see who wins.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By DottiestMoon

Screw deathbattle,wonder woman wins this.Even if rouge touches wonder woman it's going to be an armed WW vs WW unarmed. Wonderman still has her bracelets,rope,sword & shield. I'm not sure if rouge actually absorb the skill traits of characters.

NateAlgaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW blinkstomps.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogue at her most powerful wins there are at least 2 versions of rogue who could win this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

WW wins this easy.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue is better suited to fight one of the Teenagers on the Teen Titans rather than fighting Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

The only way wonder woman is losing this is if rouge has stolen the powers of someone with over the top powers through some miracle like: superman, captain marvel, thor, silver surfer,etc but thats it....Wonder woman stomps under normal conditions and rogue gets 1 shotted. This should be locked

Wait let me call a mod @jashro44

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW stomps.