Wonder woman vs Rogue

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Zoom
@Sherlock said:
"Rogue is way hotter than Lasso Lady :-) "

Oh yeah

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By Static Shock

LOL

stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By stoneo

WW wins easily all she has to do is put on a full body suit. The real question is who's sexier and better in bed. My vote goes to the Amazon Princess all the way.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Rogue has one thing WW doesn't. Power absorption.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xmenfallen

i dont really know this is a hard fight with rogues power  and WW lasso so i think for now i will decide a draw

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106  Edited By Zoom
@Cypher's Gambit said:
"Rogue has one thing WW doesn't. Power absorption. "

Which will be great comfort to her when she's in a hospital breathing through a tube after one punch from Wonder Woman.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By Gambit1024

At first I was thinking WW all the way... but then I saw this.

...I have second thoughts.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By super_psycho

Wonder Woman easily

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Gambit1024 said:

At first I was thinking WW all the way... but then I saw this.

...I have second thoughts.

Doubtful. One punch from Diana would end Rogue also Diana's powers being absorbed aren't a guarantee as they're magical in nature and Rogue has a hard time absorbing that. Also Diana's punches would be too fast for Rogue to actually absorb her.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#110  Edited By Saren

Wonder Woman curbstomps.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Gambit1024

@Evil Incarnate: But Juggernaut's are magical in nature as well, right? Rogue's absorbed his powers before. And they were talking about Rogue with her Ms. Marvel powers. I think she'd be able to take a hit from WW with that kind of durability.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Saren

@Gambit1024 said:

@Evil Incarnate: But Juggernaut's are magical in nature as well, right? Rogue's absorbed his powers before. And they were talking about Rogue with her Ms. Marvel powers. I think she'd be able to take a hit from WW with that kind of durability.

Juggernaut isn't even close to Diana in terms of speed, and Ms. Marvel would get one-shotted as well.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Gambit1024

@CitizenBane: My point is that they are both magic in nature and that Rogue shouldn't have a problem actually absorbing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for WW winning this fight, but I think Rogue's being a bit underrated here.

Siafon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Siafon

Wonder Woman, and she does it easily. I don't think Rogue's abilities will work on a statue. Wonder Woman is not a person, she is a clay statue brought to life by Aphrodite. It would be like Rogue grabbing the Vision, Big deal. Then Wonder Woman is too strong, fast, and too great a fighter to lose to Rogue.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By super_psycho

@Gambit1024 said:

@CitizenBane: My point is that they are both magic in nature and that Rogue shouldn't have a problem actually absorbing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for WW winning this fight, but I think Rogue's being a bit underrated here.

She might be able to absorb some amount of wonder woman's powers but she can't take full powered punch from wonder woman,.

Don't forget about wonder woman's weapons

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Godabed

@Gambit1024: I agree with you completely Rogue is being very underrated. It shouldn't even be debate whether rogue can absorb Diana powers because the fact is she has absorbed the power of gods before, who are also magical in nature. So for consistency sake, how about we stick with actual feats, and skill, and move on from a debate that isn't even worth having.

Considering the fact that rogue upon physical contact Rogue will gain, more power, knowledge, and skill it's safe to say it would not be an easy match at all. It wasn't stated in the original post, That WW was bloodlusted, or either had for knowledge of eachother's abilities. So the likelihood of Rogue winning this encounter is actually greater than Diana, with her element of surprise Energy/Ability drain. Diana is not going to try to outright kill someone she doesn't even know, so her strength would most likely be greatly reduced upon the first exchange of blows to deal with your average human being, same would be said for Rogue. This gives Rogue an obvious opening to drain WW of her power, knowledge and skills, also leaving WW drained, and exhausted. The advantage of WW advance combat training, tactical knowledge, strategies and muscle memory reflexes would no longer be an advantage, and depending on hold long or how many times Rogue touches Diana, or Diana touches Rogue would determine just how much strength., durability, and speed is taken from Diana. The Longer this fight goes on, Rogue's percentage of Winning should go up. The element of surprise already gives Rogue the Edge.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Gambit1024

@Siafon said:

Wonder Woman, and she does it easily. I don't think Rogue's abilities will work on a statue. Wonder Woman is not a person, she is a clay statue brought to life by Aphrodite. It would be like Rogue grabbing the Vision, Big deal. Then Wonder Woman is too strong, fast, and too great a fighter to lose to Rogue.

Actually now she's the daughter of Zeus according to the New 52.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By super_psycho

@Godabed: What makes you think rogue will try to drain Wonder woman at the start of fight? If rogue tries to do that wonder woman wont just stand there and wait for rogue to absorb her powers, she will punch her in face unless rogue can absorb in less than a second..When wonder woman is fighting someone and doesn't wont to hurt her opponents then she goes for the lasso..

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW fight with powergirl should answer why rouge would lose, regardless of the absorption powers.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#120  Edited By majestic99

Wonder Woman would defeat Rogue before Rogue even has a chance to blink. WW ftw.

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By sa5m

The Wonder Woman =)

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman romper stomps

Siafon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Siafon
@majestic99
I didn't know this was DCNU 52 Wonder Woman, my fault. Rogue has a chance to win this then. It was in a Marvel "What if", but in the story she took  Thor's powers by holding on until she drained everything from him. He was a lifeless husk, after it was over. So by her being the daughter of a god, she could lose this.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Siafon said:
@majestic99: I didn't know this was DCNU 52 Wonder Woman, my fault. Rogue has a chance to win this then. It was in a Marvel "What if", but in the story she took  Thor's powers by holding on until she drained everything from him. He was a lifeless husk, after it was over. So by her being the daughter of a god, she could lose this.
"What If" stories aren't canon.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By HellionVulcan

@Illuminatus said:

@Siafon said:
@majestic99: I didn't know this was DCNU 52 Wonder Woman, my fault. Rogue has a chance to win this then. It was in a Marvel "What if", but in the story she took Thor's powers by holding on until she drained everything from him. He was a lifeless husk, after it was over. So by her being the daughter of a god, she could lose this.

but Rogue absorbing Thor can happen just like it worked on Ares but if by the new dc i'd say if rogue can call upon powers she wants then she'd win she can go ghost form thing & just kill wonder woman .

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By termiteone4ever

Rogue loses

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@HellionVulcan said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Siafon said:
@majestic99: I didn't know this was DCNU 52 Wonder Woman, my fault. Rogue has a chance to win this then. It was in a Marvel "What if", but in the story she took Thor's powers by holding on until she drained everything from him. He was a lifeless husk, after it was over. So by her being the daughter of a god, she could lose this.

but Rogue absorbing Thor can happen just like it worked on Ares but if by the new dc i'd say if rogue can call upon powers she wants then she'd win she can go ghost form thing & just kill wonder woman .

What are you talking about?
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By super_psycho

@HellionVulcan said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Siafon said:

1. this is not DCnU wonder woman, This thread was created 3 years ago..

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#129  Edited By Outside_85

WW, even if Rogue has Ms. Marvel's powers, Diana has the strength and speed to take her out before the power absorption becomes a question, not to mention Diana could probably destroy her internal organs with a blow to her midsection if she wanted to kill her.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Saren

Still Di.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#131  Edited By Stronger

@Nobody said:

WW easily.
Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Godabed

there is a lot of fanboyism here, and not a lot of thought to the actual fight. Yes Rogue has ms. marvel's powers but she is not ms. marvel and can increase her powers with every touch. The fact that people are disregarding that is amazing, just lock the thread because people don't want to debate. They just want to show their love for the character.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Godabed said:

there is a lot of fanboyism here, and not a lot of thought to the actual fight. Yes Rogue has ms. marvel's powers but she is not ms. marvel and can increase her powers with every touch. The fact that people are disregarding that is amazing, just lock the thread because people don't want to debate. They just want to show their love for the character.

The thread should be locked because it's a stomp. Rogue has no way of dealing with someone of Diana's level. Whether she can absorb her powers or not are a moot point as she'll never get the opportunity as Diana is too fast. One punch is all it takes or if Diana is merciful and uses the lasso, either way it's not gonna be in Rogue's favor.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#134  Edited By Erik

Wonder Woman. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Godabed

@Evil Incarnate said:

@Godabed said:

The thread should be locked because it's a stomp. Rogue has no way of dealing with someone of Diana's level. Whether she can absorb her powers or not are a moot point as she'll never get the opportunity as Diana is too fast. One punch is all it takes or if Diana is merciful and uses the lasso, either way it's not gonna be in Rogue's favor.

the bold nonsense is the exact reason why it should be locked. Logic just doesn't win here.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Erik

@Godabed said:

the bold nonsense is the exact reason why it should be locked. Logic just doesn't win here.

How is that? It is a moot point.

DocHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DocHurt

Diana

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Freefa11

@Siafon: @Illuminatus: Rogue absorbed Thor's powers in her very first appearance, and it only took a few moments. Granted, since then her power's been nerfed to hell (typical reformed villain downgrade), but there's a precedent for it.

Of course, the only way Rogue's power would actually come into play is if Diana starts the fight going easy on her or trying to grapple for some reason.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#139  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Diana

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Godabed said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

@Godabed said:

Of course it does. The person who is far superior in strentgh, durability, speed and skill won. The only thing that made no sense is why anyone thinks this is a good fight.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Godabed
@Erik: @Evil Incarnate:  Oh kay fine i'll bite. It's undeniable that Diana will start the fight off with more power than Rogue.  This is a fact. But the edge goes to Rogue because of her power absorption abilities and the fact that she gains, knowledge, skills, and powers with a touch. These powers will activate via skin contact, which is obvious for anyone who knows the character. The longer she hold on, the more power she takes, the process of touching also disorients the person being touched and weakens them.  So the reason why it's not a moot point is because of the many showings of WW in combat majority of which is melee, and  grappling with opponents.  That means physical contact. Rogue then compounds WW powers with the powers she already has. Which puts Rogue above WW.

It's as simple as that.

There is no doubt that she can take several punches from WW, given her showing after gaining the Ms. Marvel powers, there also is precedent that she should be able to absorb WW powers as well.  So to say that WW will win because she is faster, stronger, more durable are moot points unless your completely bar her consistent showing in fights where she is meleeing, and also the fact that all WWs skills, knowledge, strength, durability, and speed are then added to Rogue, upon touching. The duration of this enhanced state is determined by how many times, and how long she is able to hold onto WW, but is activated when they touch. And would be easier the more she touches her. Then you're disgarding the fact that WW will have no idea about Rogue's draining ability via skin contact, her seventh sense, which gives Rogue a complete edge in this fight.

And before someone makes some nonsense claim that i don't know anything WW, i actually know a good bit about her, I'm aware of a great deal of her feats showings etc. And before anyone even brings them up, I'm am not getting into "character A vs. character B fought so character A can etc" debates. So if you bring up one of the many instances of speed/strength regarding superman, or  flash or jesse chamber, or whoever, there better be some on panel statements saying exactly what she's doing, and not just what you think she is doing. Because i can just as easily bring up her showings with Cheetah, batman, etc. So just don't go there because I'd rather not waste that kind of time.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Saren

LOL, someone's going to get Erik'd.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Erik

@Godabed:

Melee does not mean grappling. Wonder Woman is a striker more than a grappler, not that it matters anyway because Rogue is fully clothed in every single one of her costumes. Furthermore, assuming Wonder Woman decides not to end Rogue in one punch, she would likely lasso Rogue. Rogue is not getting out of that. It would be a victory through incapacitation. Rogue does not have the durability to take a single punch from Wonder Woman in a serious fight and on the battle forums, we ALWAYS assume it is a serious fight.

Also I am not sure why you would counter Wonder Woman speed feats with Cheetah of all people. That is just silly considering Cheetah has ALWAYS been faster than Wonder Woman and more recently been upgraded to near Flash levels of speed, yet still loses to Wonder Woman. As for Batman, obviously she is going easy on him in every single one of their fights/sparring matches because a single solid hit would kill him. In fact in their fight in the special, Wonder Woman: The Hiketia, Wonder Woman knocked Batman's socks off.

Rogue rarely starts a fight with taking the gloves off unless she already knows she is vastly overpowered. How would she know that here? By the time she realizes it, she will be knocked out or bound. Also, it is highly unlikely she has the ability to absorb Wonder Woman's power enough to make a solid difference. She could not even absorb all of Ares power before she popped. There is absolutely no way Rogue is winning this unless someone like you gets to write some fan fiction that seriously jobs Wonder Woman.

@CitizenBane said:

Lol.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Saren

And there it is.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#145  Edited By Billy Batson

Wonder Woman
BB

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By super_psycho

@CitizenBane said:

QFT

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Godabed
@Erik said:

@Godabed:

Melee does not mean grappling. Wonder Woman is a striker more than a grappler, not that it matters anyway because Rogue is fully clothed in every single one of her costumes. Furthermore, assuming Wonder Woman decides not to end Rogue in one punch, she would likely lasso Rogue. Rogue is not getting out of that. It would be a victory through incapacitation. Rogue does not have the durability to take a single punch from Wonder Woman in a serious fight and on the battle forums, we ALWAYS assume it is a serious fight.

Also I am not sure why you would counter Wonder Woman speed feats with Cheetah of all people. That is just silly considering Cheetah has ALWAYS been faster than Wonder Woman and more recently been upgraded to near Flash levels of speed, yet still loses to Wonder Woman. As for Batman, obviously she is going easy on him in every single one of their fights/sparring matches because a single solid hit would kill him. In fact in their fight in the special, Wonder Woman: The Hiketia, Wonder Woman knocked Batman's socks off.

Rogue rarely starts a fight with taking the gloves off unless she already knows she is vastly overpowered. How would she know that here? By the time she realizes it, she will be knocked out or bound. Also, it is highly unlikely she has the ability to absorb Wonder Woman's power enough to make a solid difference. She could not even absorb all of Ares power before she popped. There is absolutely no way Rogue is winning this unless someone like you gets to write some fan fiction that seriously jobs Wonder Woman.

@CitizenBane said:

Lol.

I only listed one form of  fighting that she uses, not discounting others, it's just the one that came to mind. That does not change the fact that she will have to come into physical contact with Rogue, and Rogue still has the element of surprise.
You bring up a good point about her clothing, Rogue's body is usually fully coverage except for her face and neck.  When WW isn't punching someone in the face or she tends to put them in a hold, this makes it highly likely that she will come in to skin to skin contact. There is also the surprise kiss, that always catches the opponent off guard. 
The lasso is a none factor because of Rogue's seventh sense, it could be dodged or caught.

You claim that she doesn't have the durability to stand a single punch, provide the proof, that she can be taken out with one punch. She has been punched into orbit and wasn't KO'ed so i seriously doubt WW is going to KO in one punch, i'll be waiting for that evidence.  

In forums you don't go by the showings you like best you go by consistent showings of the character, we can look at all of WW first encounters with other people and see exactly how fast or how much force she actually exerts in those situation to see if she KO'ed people in one punch. I bet you she didn't on regular occassions. This is can also be judged by how the character is shown in normal fight situations, of course with the context of the fight being explained (best form of information on panel descriptions not subjective commentating by the reader).  So no you don't simply "assume" that WW is using planet moving strength in a fight simply because you think she would. that's not what she is shown to do, she doesn't even do that when fighting  superman who is stronger than her.

The embolden part, wasn't to goat people into talking about those scenarios those were be be avoided, so I'm not even going to comment on what you said there.
babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By babylinkz

id have to say ww wins unless rouge had prep time and ww didnt if she did, and this was cartton version or past rouge...then she wins.....with prep she could get someone like jean or prefessor to unlock all the power she ppl she touched befor and use their powers thats the onlyyyyyyy way rouge pulls a win if she can do that she wins 7/10 if not she wins 1/10 and the one is if some how some way she touches her and can handle her powers

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Erik said:

@Godabed:

@CitizenBane said:

Lol.

I was gonna say all that. :(

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Erik

@Godabed said:

I only listed one form of fighting that she uses, not discounting others, it's just the one that came to mind. That does not change the fact that she will have to come into physical contact with Rogue, and Rogue still has the element of surprise.You bring up a good point about her clothing, Rogue's body is usually fully coverage except for her face and neck. When WW isn't punching someone in the face or she tends to put them in a hold, this makes it highly likely that she will come in to skin to skin contact. There is also the surprise kiss, that always catches the opponent off guard. The lasso is a none factor because of Rogue's seventh sense, it could be dodged or caught. You claim that she doesn't have the durability to stand a single punch, provide the proof, that she can be taken out with one punch. She has been punched into orbit and wasn't KO'ed so i seriously doubt WW is going to KO in one punch, i'll be waiting for that evidence. In forums you don't go by the showings you like best you go by consistent showings of the character, we can look at all of WW first encounters with other people and see exactly how fast or how much force she actually exerts in those situation to see if she KO'ed people in one punch. I bet you she didn't on regular occassions. This is can also be judged by how the character is shown in normal fight situations, of course with the context of the fight being explained (best form of information on panel descriptions not subjective commentating by the reader). So no you don't simply "assume" that WW is using planet moving strength in a fight simply because you think she would. that's not what she is shown to do, she doesn't even do that when fighting superman who is stronger than her. The embolden part, wasn't to goat people into talking about those scenarios those were be be avoided, so I'm not even going to comment on what you said there.
  • You listed it as though it was all she would or most likely would do. Neither are true.
  • She does not have to come into physical contact with Rogue at all.
  • Rogue does not have any element of surprise. She is the one that will be surprised by Wonder Woman's speed blitz. She will never even see the hit that knocks her out.
  • Where are your facts supporting a face strike immediately followed by some kind of face hold? Rogue is not even going to take that first hit anyway.
  • Right. Wonder Woman will just let Rogue kiss her. I suppose I can see how you might think that is a viable strategy since Diana comes from an island of women.
  • Even IF Rogue had that ability (and I believe she used it once or twice in the 70s or 80s so essentially it does not exist), knowing you are screwed does not tell you how to avoid said loss.
  • I can prove that Wonder Woman is on Superman tier strength levels. Now provide proof that Rogue can take a hit from that power range.
  • If you seriously doubt Wonder Woman can knock Rogue out, you do not know much about either character. Rogue is human level durability and even at her most durable (when she had Ms. Marvel powers) she was only class 80 strength and barely pushing class 100 durability. Wonder Woman is well beyond 100 ton strength.
  • Wonder Woman does not belt out full strength hits right out of the gate sure. The assumption is human until proven otherwise I am sure. But how is Rogue supposed to gauge Wonder Woman's power off of human level strikes eh? I will go ahead and assume for a moment that Rogue is classic and is back at class 80. Rogue takes a human level hit from Wonder Woman and what, decides to take the gloves off? You are dreaming. At best all that will happen is that Rogue will reveal her own power levels, allowing Wonder Woman to loosen the reigns a little more. Either way, by the time Rogue finds out she is completely outclassed, she is knocked out. Or better yet, how is Rogue going to deal with being incapacitated?
  • I know what feats we consider. I have been on the battle forums a long time and can guarantee that I know the rules of the forum better than you. That said, Wonder Woman has often opened a fight with powerful strikes when she has known the opponent can handle them. So Wonder Woman will not necessarily open the battle with a planet cracking strike but she does not have to. She can deliver a marginally higher than human strike, evaluate Rogue's durability and strike again before Rogue has time to shake the first one off. And then, there is still the lasso that she has absolutely no answer for.