#1 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Fortanono (4840 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie.

#3 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Gear?

#4 Posted by WW-Fan (2728 posts) - - Show Bio

ehm Wonder Woman
#5 Edited by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to give the majority to Orion. Wonder Woman is most likely more skilled than Orion is in pure unarmed combat. However, Orion's combat experience would play a part also, despite the fact that I do believe that Diana supersedes him. Wonder Woman's equipment could prove useful also. Her bracelets can shield her from Orion's attacks fairly effectively, and she can create a force field with them if need be. It would be extremely difficult for her to manage wrapping her lasso around him, but if she somehow managed to, he would be at a disadvantage, although not an insurmountable one. Wonder Woman's bracelets can also emit magical electricity offensively, which would also be an obstacle for Orion. In terms of physicality, I would say they are rough equals, with a possible slight superiority leaning in favor of Orion. She is faster than he is, but in terms of strength and durability, I believe that Orion is slightly above her. His Astro Force will be a severe difficulty also. Even though Wonder Woman can deflect his attacks, Orion's unrelenting tendencies in combat would pose trouble for Wonder Woman. His Astro Force energy is extremely powerful and would cause excessive injury to Diana if he manages to connect it. Although Diana has her magic lightning, Orion's Astro energies should be more powerful. In a head to head fight, despite Wonder Woman's greater combat skill, Orion may very well gain the advantage. He has been able to fight against Darkseid avatars using his strength alone. All in all, this would be a very hard won fight, whoever does come out victorious in the end, but given Orion's physical power, Astro Force, and relentlessness, I do not believe Wonder Woman can defeat him. She should somewhat of an advantage in fighting skill, but aside from that, she does not have very many advantages. Obviously, her bracelets would be a difficulty for Orion, but using the Astro Force and brute strength, Orion should be able to bypass that. After a drawn out fight, I would say Orion wins.      

#6 Edited by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son_of_Magnus said:

"Gear? "

what you see in the pic's

#7 Posted by warlord1234 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:

"I would have to give the majority to Orion. Wonder Woman is most likely more skilled than Orion is in pure unarmed combat. However, Orion's combat experience would play a part also, despite the fact that I do believe that Diana supersedes him. Wonder Woman's equipment could prove useful also. Her bracelets can shield her from Orion's attacks fairly effectively, and she can create a force field with them if need be. It would be extremely difficult for her to manage wrapping her lasso around him, but if she somehow managed to, he would be at a disadvantage, although not an insurmountable one. Wonder Woman's bracelets can also emit magical electricity offensively, which would also be an obstacle for Orion. In terms of physicality, I would say they are rough equals, with a possible slight superiority leaning in favor of Orion. She is faster than he is, but in terms of strength and durability, I believe that Orion is slightly above her. His Astro Force will be a severe difficulty also. Even though Wonder Woman can deflect his attacks, Orion's unrelenting tendencies in combat would pose trouble for Wonder Woman. His Astro Force energy is extremely powerful and would cause excessive injury to Diana if he manages to connect it. Although Diana has her magic lightning, Orion's Astro energies should be more powerful. In a head to head fight, despite Wonder Woman's greater combat skill, Orion may very well gain the advantage. He has been able to fight against Darkseid avatars using his strength alone. All in all, this would be a very hard won fight, whoever does come out victorious in the end, but given Orion's physical power, Astro Force, and relentlessness, I do not believe Wonder Woman can defeat him. She should somewhat of an advantage in fighting skill, but aside from that, she does not have very many advantages. Obviously, her bracelets would be a difficulty for Orion, but using the Astro Force and brute strength, Orion should be able to bypass that. After a drawn out fight, I would say Orion wins.       "

Is debater if Wonder Woman is more skilled fighter then Orion. Orion was trained to be a warrior that will be able to rival Darkseid powers. When Orion was a kid he trainned by a warrior woman named Valkyra he was said to be the one greastest marital arist in the universe and he surpassed. He then furthed his training under the commander of new genesis and while he trained he grow more and more skilled making him feared warrior in the 4th world. In one of the DC sourcebook which had the real stats Orion was fighting level was around karate kid. I'm not saying that Wonder woman fighting skills be a backseat but i don't think she will have advantage in skills.  
#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion's stronger, can manipulate the Astro force(which should be useful as it gives him a bit of long range attacks) and dispite his depictions in JLA he's actually just as skilled, if not more so than, Wonder Woman. 
He should take the majority here.

#9 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234 said:
" @Silver2467 said:

"I would have to give the majority to Orion. Wonder Woman is most likely more skilled than Orion is in pure unarmed combat. However, Orion's combat experience would play a part also, despite the fact that I do believe that Diana supersedes him. Wonder Woman's equipment could prove useful also. Her bracelets can shield her from Orion's attacks fairly effectively, and she can create a force field with them if need be. It would be extremely difficult for her to manage wrapping her lasso around him, but if she somehow managed to, he would be at a disadvantage, although not an insurmountable one. Wonder Woman's bracelets can also emit magical electricity offensively, which would also be an obstacle for Orion. In terms of physicality, I would say they are rough equals, with a possible slight superiority leaning in favor of Orion. She is faster than he is, but in terms of strength and durability, I believe that Orion is slightly above her. His Astro Force will be a severe difficulty also. Even though Wonder Woman can deflect his attacks, Orion's unrelenting tendencies in combat would pose trouble for Wonder Woman. His Astro Force energy is extremely powerful and would cause excessive injury to Diana if he manages to connect it. Although Diana has her magic lightning, Orion's Astro energies should be more powerful. In a head to head fight, despite Wonder Woman's greater combat skill, Orion may very well gain the advantage. He has been able to fight against Darkseid avatars using his strength alone. All in all, this would be a very hard won fight, whoever does come out victorious in the end, but given Orion's physical power, Astro Force, and relentlessness, I do not believe Wonder Woman can defeat him. She should somewhat of an advantage in fighting skill, but aside from that, she does not have very many advantages. Obviously, her bracelets would be a difficulty for Orion, but using the Astro Force and brute strength, Orion should be able to bypass that. After a drawn out fight, I would say Orion wins.       "

Is debater if Wonder Woman is more skilled fighter then Orion. Orion was trained to be a warrior that will be able to rival Darkseid powers. When Orion was a kid he trainned by a warrior woman named Valkyra he was said to be the one greastest marital arist in the universe and he surpassed. He then furthed his training under the commander of new genesis and while he trained he grow more and more skilled making him feared warrior in the 4th world. In one of the DC sourcebook which had the real stats Orion was fighting level was around karate kid. I'm not saying that Wonder woman fighting skills be a backseat but i don't think she will have advantage in skills.   "
Orion is very skilled, but she does supersede him to some degree. I do not mean to undermine his abilities, but she would have advantage in that. Regardless, Orion wins. 
#10 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Orion should win here
#11 Posted by EmperorVulcan (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion in a tough battle.

#12 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion in a close fight but i think wonder woman could win too

#13 Posted by pjcooper1986 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: i dont know about the speed part yes he is proberly faster with the harness but he can move at superspeed without his harness

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not believe Diana is more skilled than Orion considering he was overwhelming Valkyra, supposedly the best fighter New Genesis had to offer, in hand-to-hand combat before Highfather intervened.

#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

I do not believe Diana is more skilled than Orion considering he was overwhelming Valkyra, supposedly the best fighter New Genesis had to offer, in hand-to-hand combat before Highfather intervened.

But she has thousands of years of combat and experience and she is totally superior to Batman...and stuff.
#17 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I have nothing really to add that Silver and Warlord haven't said a year ago.

#18 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion should definitely win this.

#19 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said: 

I have nothing really to add that Silver and Warlord haven't said a year ago.

Which is strange, because I think there was another Orion vs Wonder Woman thread where I argued for Wonder Woman...
#20 Posted by max4523 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

time after time, dc says supes capt marvel martian manhunter, and ww are the strongest of the dc heroes. never is orion ever mentioned. never. i give u this. like barda he may fit diana to a standstill, but best her the majority of the time....i think not. thereks is a comic that has darkseid invading paradise island and ww singlehandedly fights off his army. the only way darkseid was able2 cease he assault on his army was by threatening 2 murder 1 of dianas friends. ww has 3000 yrs of combat training, power and strength of the earth iself, the wisdom and the speed of a god. orion's strength may b close 2 hers, but investigate the facts. hes not stronger. im stating what dc states. not my opinion.

#21 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion is definitely Superman level strong. DC doesn't need to state it when they've shown it.

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion...nuff said.

#23 Edited by JuliusTakalua (317 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion... I mean he could just make himself grow huge enough to squash a galaxy

But that won't happen. Still I say Orion. I read both Orion and Wonder Woman and Orion's feats are better tahn WW's. He's Thor and Supes level and he is stronger and more invulnerable than WW. Also his Astro Force and Rage could stomp WW. Did the same to Superman so why not WW?

#24 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion is going to end up creaming her

#25 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion... I mean he could just make himself grow huge enough to squash a galaxy

But that won't happen. Still I say Orion. I read both Orion and Wonder Woman and Orion's feats are better tahn WW's. He's Thor and Supes level and he is stronger and more invulnerable than WW. Also his Astro Force and Rage could stomp WW. Did the same to Superman so why not WW?

Not true, his strength feats aren't better than Wonder Woman's, his speed feats are definitely not at Wonder Woman's level, his combat feats are only slightly above Wonder Woman's but for the most part they've both stalemated and beaten Superman.at some point in their career. The only things Orion has over Wonder Woman are durability, power output and technology. The Aero Discs give Orion comparable travel speed to Wonder Woman, the Astro Harness also gives Orion increadable speed and allows him to channel his Astro Force into planet crushing beams that one-shotted Superman in their first encounter, his Astro Bands also allow him to discharge Astro Force and create energy shields, the Mother Box gives Orion a healing factor just about as good as Wonder Woman's as well as a means of warp travel. We know it can do more than that but nothing else is more important than those abilities....

Wonder Woman has equipment to counter this, her Aegis Bracers act much like Orion's Astro Bands in that they can create a protective magical shield around her body when crossed and can discharge magical lightning from them that was powerful enough to injure and kill elder gods. She doesn't need Aero Discs cus she can fly fast and has invisible tech planes and all but she occasionally does have the Sandals of Hermes which not only grants her incredible speed but it also allows her to easily pass through other dimensions like a Mother Box (its how she gets into Themyscira without the plane in less time). Her Lasso is unbreakable and she has limited telepathic control over who she wraps in it, it can generate magical/Hestia's Fire and it's sharp enough to cut off the head of an Imperiex Probe that Superman's hardest punches wasn't denting. The Golden Tiara is sharp enough to cut through nearly anything as it is made from the same materials as the Sword of Hephaestus, it decapitated a god and slit Superman's throat. As for Orion being stronger than Wonder Woman, I'm not completely sure about that. Although he doesn't directly have the feats it can be assumed he is since he and Superman are a physical match and Superman has better feats of strength than Wonder Woman, but that can easily change if Wonder Woman has the Gauntlets of Atlas.

But like I said, Orion does have better equipment than Wonder Woman normally, she doesn't normally have the Sandals and the Gauntlets or the plane..with that said, I do agree that Orion definitely could get the majority over Diana but not easily at all. ..

#26 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: So do you think Orion can take the majority over Wonder Woman in a fight?

#27 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@ancient_0f_days: So do you think Orion can take the majority over Wonder Woman in a fight?

I'm as torn on it as I am with Superman vs Wonder Woman, both have what it takes, but Orion is lacking in speed feats a bit, he makes up for it in overall power, skill, durability and gear. He's almost like as perfect a match for Wonder Woman as it gets but I do think in a random encounter he would get a majority, that mother box cannot be beat.

#28 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2091 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Orion takes this after a great battle.

#29 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'm as torn on it as I am with Superman vs Wonder Woman, both have what it takes, but Orion is lacking in speed feats a bit, he makes up for it in overall power, skill, durability and gear. He's almost like as perfect a match for Wonder Woman as it gets but I do think in a random encounter he would get a majority, that mother box cannot be beat.

Fair enough. Although I prefer Orion as a character to someone like say the Sentry, I'm actually not that well versed on his feats. It's interesting to see he's much more versatile than one might think.

#30 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Fair enough. Although I prefer Orion as a character to someone like say the Sentry, I'm actually not that well versed on his feats. It's interesting to see he's much more versatile than one might think.

indeed, most would assume that since he can't fly and isn't super duper fast that he's just a strong brick with a fancy vespa. I've actually got a few scans if you wan't to learn more, Orion is insane as a character and quite badass. He's got access to all kinds of powers that barely anyone knows about stemming from his Astro Force. Also, haven't you ever wondered where he keeps his Astro Harness when it's not in use? He can summon it whenever he wants to out of nowhere...but man, dat mother box is a huge advantage for anyone to have.

#31 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Fair enough. Although I prefer Orion as a character to someone like say the Sentry, I'm actually not that well versed on his feats. It's interesting to see he's much more versatile than one might think.

Agreed. People tend to forget that on top of being a clear and present Top-Shelf brick, that Orion is a very powerful energy projector/matter manipulator. This part of his skill set is often overlooked by writers who simply include him in their story(ies) for muscle alone.

#32 Edited by patrat18 (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

orion has this he beat darkseid, the second wonderwoman faces darkseid she always gets one shoted by him.

#33 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: post Wonder Woman getting one shotted by Darkseid

#34 Posted by patrat18 (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

no prob

#35 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: non canon, that's Dark Horse Comics, the same one where Batman died. Darkseid has never one shotted Wonder Woman, and the fact that you said she "always" gets one shotted means that it happens often, I'd like you to post the other ones...

#36 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3774 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet said:

@ancient_0f_days: @patrat18: JLA Vol. 1: "Rock of Ages". Nice throwback

Ah, true...that is the late 90s one, not dark horse...im buggin, it's still non canon from what I remember since Batman dies and so does Orion and Darkseid from the aftermath of their battle...when the bomb goes off that is...thats the one where desaad pops up out of a bomb shelter or something right?

#38 Posted by patrat18 (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: oh here i don't fully mean knocked out but she dose get knocked down and lose to alot of powerhouses

#39 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@ancient_0f_days: oh here i don't fully mean knocked out but she dose get knocked down and lose to alot of powerhouses

First one's Ares, doesn't count since he's one of the most powerful beings in DCU and is also out of context.

Second one is fan made and non canon.

Third one is Doomsday the guy who killed Superman and stomped everyone including Martian Manhunter and he even got the jump on Darkseid, out of context

Last one is Mongul who did the same exact thing he did to Wonder Woman to Superman in the very next panel...what are you trying to say?

Show me Darkseid one shotting Wonder Woman several times since he "always" does it...if you cannot, then admit to it.

#40 Posted by patrat18 (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: i can't really find any more but that's not the point the point is all of those characters are powerhouses, they are all knocking her down with ease you know darkseid is way to much for WW she is toast. every time she fights him she gets 3-4 good hits then darkseid retaliates and knocks her on her ass almost everytime.

#41 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

How is the second one fan made, that's a fight from like two years ago where bizarro whipped her butt, it actually happened

#42 Edited by dondave (38895 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

How is the second one fan made, that's a fight from like two years ago where bizarro whipped her butt, it actually happened

In what comic?

Bizarro has only beaten Wonder Woman once IIRC and that was in Trinity which is non-canon.

#43 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@ancient_0f_days: i can't really find any more but that's not the point the point is all of those characters are powerhouses, they are all knocking her down with ease you know darkseid is way to much for WW she is toast. every time she fights him she gets 3-4 good hits then darkseid retaliates and knocks her on her ass almost everytime.

You can't find them cus they don't exist...Darkseid never one shotted Wonder Woman and all your meaningless scans were either out of context or non canon to post Crisis DC continuity, the fact that you used such content screams that you clearly didn't know what you were talking about or you were lying to me. You couldn't show me one canon instance where Wonder Woman even fought Darkseid, instead showed me one pagers of her getting knocked back by someone like it meant something...if I was to base any ones full durability off of those like it was legit then I'd run into some problems....Superman got knocked back just as easily as Wonder Woman by Mongul so I guess he's not so durable, Superman got murdered by Doomsday so I guess he's not strong enough to handle guys like that cus it happens all the time...Orion got knocked back by Darkseid like he was nothing that one time so i guess it happens all the time....that's exactly how you sound and if you don't see what's wrong with that then I guess we're done here.

@ancient_0f_days:

Ok, how'd the fight start, in fact how'd it end, oh wait I want to know the story arc it's from, you know what make that the exact issue i want you to show me that......if you don't you're lying out your ass as usual, and it wouldn't surprise me....

#44 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Ah, true...that is the late 90s one, not dark horse...im buggin, it's still non canon from what I remember since Batman dies and so does Orion and Darkseid from the aftermath of their battle...when the bomb goes off that is...thats the one where desaad pops up out of a bomb shelter or something right?

LOL about Desaad! The Rock of Ages storyline was an alternate future where not only did Darkseid gain full access to the Anti-Life Equation, but he destroyed Asgard, Olympus, New Genesis, and every other pantheon in the DCU, thus further consolidating their power within himself. Orion, forced into hiding, concentrated every ounce of the Astro-Force into the Omega Box (which subsequently stripped him of all his powers in the process) and when he set it off, the true Wrath of the Source unbound obliterated the entire universe causing a second Big Bang; Effectively removing every trace of Apokolips and its influence from all of Creation. Including himself. Good times. Great stuff..

#45 Edited by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion 6/10 IMO. Better martial artist.

#46 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion is underrated, while Wonder Woman is overrated. Either way Orion has her out-matched in every way, except speed.

#47 Posted by patrat18 (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: why u getting so mad its fact get over it,not every scan is cannon right after the scan i showed you superman beat the hell out of mongol. i wasen't saying wonder woman was weak or not durable, i was saying that she gets one shoted and loose the fight when she goes against powerhouses on supermans level ,like when she fought zoom bizarro superman ect , im not saying she is weak god knows she's not weak but face the facts man don't go around it. look at this scan she threw the rope around darkseid's head and he just pulled her to him and was about to k.o her but i guss that's cannon too huh?

#48 Posted by GhostRavage (9468 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking to tht beat down Bizarro gave to Wonder Woman while listening to "Take a look around" from Limp Bitzki... You know that feeling when music and graphic stuff totally flows perfectly?

Btw... Orion should win.

#49 Posted by dondave (38895 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: She wasn't one shotted by Darkseid there either; you should actually read the comic before posting out of context scan and your second scan is non-canon

#50 Posted by patrat18 (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: read my comment before you look at the pic i didin't say she was, i do read the comics i was trying to explain what happens when she uses her lasso on a powerhouse like darkseid.