caption
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Erik

Hypnosis wont work on Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman has the power of the gods. Hmmm..... a tough one.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Wonder Woman would beat Maxima... aw sh!t I think this fight has already been done before
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hadrelius
King Saturn said:
"Wonder Woman would beat Maxima... aw sh!t I think this fight has already been done before
"

U r right. Don't know how is missed that. It only had 6 posts though.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By vuviper

I vote Maxima, she's probably as strong is not stronger, she's almost as fast, has some hand to hand skills as well, and can teleport, teleport others, create force fields, shoot force blasts from her eyes, telekinesis, ferrokinesis, telepathy etc

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By vuviper
@Alpha said:
" King Saturn said:
"Wonder Woman would beat Maxima... aw sh!t I think this fight has already been done before
"
U r right. Don't know how is missed that. It only had 6 posts though. "
No serious posts though, lol
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Maxima wins.

Ceralyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a WW fan, so I guess it's no surprise that I vote WW.

This would be such an interesting fight, though. Everyone wants to keep listing all their powers (which we already know). But I don't think that's going to be the deciding factor. We've seen many times that the one with the most powers does not always win. This fight would be particularly interesting because they both have two things: strength and skill.

Their other powers and skills/weapons are useful, but doesn't necessarily guarantee either as victor. As such, the heaviest factors will be their own experience/feats as well as our personal opinion as fans. A lot more is known of WW, so by default we have so many more spectacular feats to reference: catching and stopping a meteorite, keeping up with Jesse Quick, moving a nuclear missile and being unharmed by the explosion, beating up Power Girl, losing her powers and still kicks butt (even still fast enough to block a bullet while beating up a mob), fighting completely blind, blocking Omega Beams with her bracelets, and even being faster than Superman in a fight (although that's reaction time, not raw speed, so I think Maxima as a trained warrior would also react faster than Superman).

How many times does she face Ares? Hello, she fights gods! She is one of the first members of the Justice League so she has a lot of experience facing strong opponents who want to kill her. While it's possible that Maxima has had more than a few impressive fights and feats, we don't get to see too much.

I'm not saying this would be an easy fight - it wouldn't be. I can see it being close, but ultimately WW takes it in my book.

Another point to add: WW is one of the Big Three. As the most iconic heroes, the writers have them facing all sorts of huge challenges and pretty much coming out on top through them all with some exceptions, of course. They're supposed to defeat opponents stronger than them; it's what they do. If WW is facing Darkseid by herself, I would say she loses. But Maxima? I imagine the writers would have her a little beat up to make it fun and suspenseful, but still victorious.

I think this would be such an interesting fight to see in animation. I remember the fight scene with Wonder Woman and Big Barda vs the furies in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse as being one of the best animated DC fight scenes that has to do more with skill than raw power. (Other than that, the movie was rather lacking, lol.)

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Pre-52 Wonder Woman is nigh immune to telepathic assault, has faster than light reflexes, strength to harm and fend off attacks from Superman and Superman-like foes, unbreakable magical defenses and weapons that have been known to harm, kill and decapitate her foes, skills and abilities noted among her piers and superiors, regenerative abilities that could startle Wolverine and the Hulk ...as powerful and devastatingly dangerous as Maxima is, her Telepathy is useless against Diana, her speed is easily countered by Wonder Woman's greater reaction speed, her strength is matched, her defenses are outmatched, the difference in skill is immense, Telekinesis is her only reliable option to keep this from being one sided and even then Wonder Woman can easily heal from any damage she takes, unlike Maxima .... Wonder Woman wins 7/10 .....

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Switchdoctor

Pre-52 Wonder Woman is nigh immune to telepathic assault,

I don't know how many times I've seen this in threads where Wonder Woman goes up against Maxima or some other high-end telepath.

The fact is that Maxima's telepathic powers *have* proven to be capable of mind-controlling Wonder Woman (see above scans). Of course, someone inevitably has to point out that Wonder Woman got the eyes of Pallas upgrade during Rucka's run which allowed her to fight Maxwell Lord in 'Sacrifice' and snap his neck, and has been immune evar since. In doing so, they always handwave away the fact that when she received the upgrade, her eyes went from her original blue to grey (Athena's eye colour)...something that didn't carry over into Gail Simone's run.

Not that the eye colour issue is all there is to go on though anyways, because Maxwell Lord eventually came back to life, and erased Wonder Woman's mind in the 'Generation Lost' story arc.

Maxima should have no problem using her telepathic powers on Wonder Woman if she's using them like she did when she one-shotted Orion unconscious.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@switchdoctor: Wonder Woman is practically immune to TP and the only times she was affected was before her upgrade, she was highly resistant even before the upgrade as well .....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even moreso after the upgrade when she completely no sold Dr Psycho's telepathic illusions and Maxwell Lord's mind control, in generation lost, max needed to plug himself into a machine to keep himself pumped with blood to erase himself from Wonder Woman's mind, hell he needed that to mindwipe the entire world including the JLA, their villains, other telepaths and Wonder Woman at the same time ..... He was literally unstoppable at that point. Max can't do it normally cus if he tried he'd die.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Max Lord accomplishing feats on planetary scales is a one time inconsistent feat that he's never been shown to do again.

Lord erased the memory of his existence from everyone on the planet. He should not have been capable of doing so. None of them did resist it. Static should have also, given how he resisted the Anti-Life Equation. Fate has the Helmet of Nabu, which does not require conscious thought to shield him. The Starheart should have shielded Scott. Miss Martian is a Martian. Their entire race is virtually built on their telepathy. Lord has done absolutely nothing that would merit such a feat. His being able to erase memories has never been demonstrated before. The entire scenario was PIS. (sound familiar)

Maxima may be a better telepath than Max, but if all you are going to use is some inconsistent Plot driven feat, comparing them is ridiculous .... Wonder Woman would laugh at Maxima when she tries it and beat her senseless.

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima's telekinesis gives her the edge. Great battle though! 8/ 10 i give to Maxima

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

The only way Maxima can win this is with BFR, I don't think she's fast enough to pull it off.....

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima, better stats all around the board.

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Switchdoctor

@ancient_0f_days said:

Wonder Woman is practically immune to TP and the only times she was affected was before her upgrade, she was highly resistant even before the upgrade as well

Let's be intellectually honest here. This premise, as evidenced by the conclusion you make, relies on you ranting about how you don't like Maxwell Lord; how he's never done what he did in Generation Lost before, and he shouldn't be able to because you say so. As if hooking up to a machine with a large blood supply to set a new precedent isn't allowed or something. The fact is, Lord *did* erase everyone's mind, including Diana's who you claim is 'practically immune' because of what happened in Sacrifice. Never mind that Diana's eyes haven't looked like Athena's anymore since Gail Simone took over right after Rucka's run.
Maxima has one-shotted Orion with her mind-whammy, a guy who is equally or more 'immune to TP' than Diana because he's Apokoliptian and because he has a Motherbox. In J'onn's very own book, while admitting that even just to read an Apokoliptian mind was impossible one on one, it took several Martians joining their minds together just to get lowly Parademons to run away. Among the pack, Lashina and Stompa were totally unfazed. Martian Manhunter No. 33 vol. 2
Maxima has also defeated Brainwave's son on the astral plane. Among other things, we're talking about a guy who was able to get Captain Marvel to revert back to Billy Batson by mind-controlling him to say 'Shazam'. When he hadn't even had his dad stack his powers onto his yet, he was able to do the planetary mind-scan feat in the span of a sentence and identitfy people.
If Maxima is using her psionic powers to their fullest, Diana is going down hard.
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Wonder Woman wins, faster stronger, nearly immune to telepathy...

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump maxima. As much as i love diana maxima put up a better fight against doomsday and that says alot to me.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump maxima. As much as i love diana maxima put up a better fight against doomsday and that says alot to me.

She hit Doomsday and then was knocked unconscious by a barrel of gasoline in the next scan...

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima. TP, matter manipulation, intangibility, + Superman level stats = win.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman slightly. actualky no it could go either way bc maxima powerful as well if not more

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By willpayton
Maxima mind-controls Wonder Woman
Maxima mind-controls Wonder Woman
Maxima sends Doomsday flying
Maxima sends Doomsday flying

Maxima takes out Orion with a psychic blast
Maxima takes out Orion with a psychic blast
Maxima can teleport people/objects by simply thinking about it
Maxima can teleport people/objects by simply thinking about it

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW i guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what about their physical aspects? is WW stronger than Maxima?

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kazuma_Bushi
Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dondave

Maxima

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Wonder Woman's gauntlets be affected by Ferrokinesis?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever gets the 1st hit

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maxima.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima is more versatile and powerful so I'd go with her

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana.

redbarda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By redbarda

could go either way but i am leaning towards maxima

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbarda said:

could go either way

You bumped an old as day thread to essentially say "I don't know"?

redbarda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wonder Woman.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima wins.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump / diana

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Xargo

im not sure is maxima can fight while she's akin a psionic assault but assuming she can that would give her the edge

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im stuck.betweeen them.at this point. Its like Thor vs Beta ray bill or silver surfer could go either. Way. Maxima has tp edge diana fighting and experience. Edge. Not sure but would love to see it..Come on DC bring. Maxima back

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xargo said:

im not sure is maxima can fight while she's akin a psionic assault but assuming she can that would give her the edge

Yes she can.

No Caption Provided