Wonder Woman VS Magneto

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@pooty said:

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: @outside_85: @newecho: Why are people saying that WW helped move the Earth? Are you referring to when MM, WW, SUpes TRIED to move the Earth but failed? They failed to move the Earth. Kyle moved the Earth on his own. It happened in JLA 75.

Also, WW, SUpes had help to lift Spectre. Look at their bodies. They are covered in a green aura. Kyle is helping them then. And it doesn't say that Spectre has infinite weight. It says "he's heavy".

So neither of these feats are real feats for WW. Mags wins

We are referring to this when we are talking about moving the Earth, which Kyle certainly did not help move, and since you seem to have forgotten, the reason they are out pulling it there is because they had to go catch all the Earth's water that had been blasted into space:

No Caption Provided

What Kyle did was via magic to grow so big he could hold the Earth in his hand.

Yes and bugger all he did. It says 'a cosmic conciousness that contains eternity' By saying it's heavy is just Hal bringing i down to a level so everyone gets it.

Arent they now? Well, here's why Mags looses:

No Caption Provided

Not to mention all those times he's had his ass kicked by a bunch underpowered teenagers.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Magneto can only take a few hits from thor with his shield. He has already admitted this. There is no way Mags could take on someone like Wonder Woman.

No Caption Provided
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@outside_85: Show where it says that they moved the Earth..

Eternity measures time. Not weight. We have no idea how much Spectre weighs.

Last scan is Completely irrelevant. We don't even know who Wolverine is slashing

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: so he pushed Hercules who was probably caught off guard or in the middle of running and thrown off balance I'm sure Diana will understand his powers after he first uses them

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx: Hercules understood Mags powers. Thor understood Mags powers. That didn't stop them from having the iron in their blood controlled. Rogue understood Mags powers. That knowledge didn't stop her motor skills from being shut down. Storm understood Mags powers but couldn't stop him from controlling her blood so she couldn't move. Phoenix knew Mags power. He still gave her a stroke. WW has no resistance to the various ways mags can attack her.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

Magneto can only take a few hits from thor with his shield. He has already admitted this. There is no way Mags could take on someone like Wonder Woman.

I hope you didn't just compare Mjolnir strikes from Thor with WW's fists....

Magneto wins this easy, bad match up. He slices her own head off with her sword.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: you act like Diana doesn't hit hard I'm sure if he only had shields up and wasn't fighting he could take 10 full force punches from Diana

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By pooty

@xxxcarzellxxx: Thor is a confirmed planet buster. Diana is not. Mags shields have withstood nuclear explosions. Diana can't hit that hard. Her punching feats are nothing special

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty

Didn't Mags eventually run from that fight w/ thor?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty

No. Thor used Mjolnir to take away his magnetic power leaving Mags powerless. Thor has never done anything like that since

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx: Magneto has physically broken out of a bear hug by Hercules and sent him flying before.

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
@kitsune_kusanagi said:

@pooty

No. Thor used Mjolnir to take away his magnetic power leaving Mags powerless. Thor has never done anything like that since

Am I wrong or have they fought a couple other times then?

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Diana has shaken the earth & heaven in her fight with superman during the trinity series

And at half power she winded a upgraded konvict who could tank planet explosions on his downgraded form

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Paytience

@outside_85: Right...he's strong enough to do it to Thor, Hercules, Juggernaut, Collosus, Hulk, and Rogue...but not Wonder Woman. He has manipulated the electrons of Proteus, a completely psionic being and ripped him apart...but Diana is magically immune to that because muscles...His shields were able to hold up to the Phoenix and counter attack...but he can't do that to Diana. Right. Because smacking around a cosmic force on at least two separate occasions isn't clear evidence of him beating someone exceedingly more powerful than WW.

It's not as if her sword, shield, breastplate and tiara are made of metal. It isn't as if they are attached directly to vital parts of a body that has been shown to be succeptible to piercing attacks or anything like that.

She doesn't have the same kind of anything as Sentry. Their powers might work to similar physical results, but the way in which they work are completely different. Sentry is energy based, Diana is physically durable and wrapped in metal. Two entirely different things.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Paytience

@kitsune_kusanagi: They have fought a few times and Magneto to my recollection has won every single other time. Magneto has beaten the entire avengers roster before.

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Diana has shaken the earth & heaven in her fight with superman during the trinity series

And at half power she winded a upgraded konvict who could tank planet explosions on his downgraded form

Thor has shaken the universe with a head butt. Hercules has supported the heavens. Yet, Magneto has repelled both of them against their will. His shields easily tanked the combined strength of Thor and She Hulk while fighting the entire avengers. In fact, Mags taunted Thor/She Hulks attack saying "Physical force cannot breach my shields". And that statement is true. I challenge you to show ANYONE breaking Mags shields through blunt force. Diana not breaking his shields.

Also Mags is throwing debris at them while he's in his forcefield proving AGAIN that he can attack from within his force field

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To anyone saying that WW can break Mags shields... Please show ANYONE breaking his shields through blunt force.

I''ve never seen it but maybe you have.

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

To anyone saying that WW can break Mags shields... Please show ANYONE breaking his shields through blunt force.

I''ve never seen it but maybe you have.

I think Cyclops almost broke it, and he state thor could if he took anymore blows.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kitsune_kusanagi: In the older scan he said Thor may break it. But if you see the scan in post 267, you'll see he has no problem with Thor and She Hulk combined. Mags even taunts them

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@kitsune_kusanagi: In the older scan he said Thor may break it. But if you see the scan in post 267, you'll see he has no problem with Thor and She Hulk combined. Mags even taunts them

Ultimate Colossus doesn't break his shield, but he resists his ability to control his body...So I think WW could also....esp since she doesn't have to deal w/ the PIS of being an avenger or x-men....and I don't know if I can find a scan but I'm pretty sure they explain at some point that WWs strength and durability was due to a more dense molecular structure in her bones, muscles, and skin...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Ultimate Colossus doesn't break his shield, but he resists his ability to control his body...So I think WW could also....esp since she doesn't have to deal w/ the PIS of being an avenger or x-men....and I don't know if I can find a scan but I'm pretty sure they explain at some point that WWs strength and durability was due to a more dense molecular structure in her bones, muscles, and skin...

The ultimate universe is not canon and has different features and power levels then 616 marvel. In our universe Mags has sent Colossus flying a few times. And even if her body is denser then humans, it's not more dense then Colossus. Colossus body is made of osmium. Which is twice as dense as lead and almost as dense as diamonds. magneto has controlled uru metal. And he has controlled adamantium at a molecular level. WW is not a problem

No Caption Provided

LegallyBlind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By LegallyBlind

so by standard gear, do you mean WW has all her metals?

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
@kitsune_kusanagi said:
@pooty said:

The ultimate universe is not canon and has different features and power levels then 616 marvel. In our universe Mags has sent Colossus flying a few times. And even if her body is denser then humans, it's not more dense then Colossus. Colossus body is made of osmium. Which is twice as dense as lead and almost as dense as diamonds. magneto has controlled uru metal. And he has controlled adamantium at a molecular level. WW is not a problem

No Caption Provided

I kno it's not canon and ulti colossus didn't resist based on his skins density but on willpower and strength. I'm just using it as an example of the potential of WW to resist mags control, since she's much stronger than ultimate colossus, and the only power ulti mags has shown to be inferior to 616 mags is the shield. Which is a different issue. But the real argument here....is why magneto should never be used against someone w/o magic brain protection...since he controls electromagnetism and can stop the electromagnetic waves humanoids like WW (and yes Supes) put off in the brain and completely stop them from processing thought...WITHOUT using TP...so really throwing metal and using shields and crap is really just mags jobbing :-/

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kitsune_kusanagi: I'm just using it as an example of the potential of WW to resist mags control, since she's much stronger than ultimate colossus,

I would agree but Mags has also used his power on Hercules and Thor. Both of them are comparable to WW in strength.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Last scan is Completely irrelevant. We don't even know who Wolverine is slashing

Read page.

Please dont try and bend words, you know damn well what it means in the context of what they are doing.

So do you mean to tell me you haven't read Morrisons X-Men run?

@outside_85: Right...he's strong enough to do it to Thor, Hercules, Juggernaut, Collosus, Hulk, and Rogue...but not Wonder Woman. He has manipulated the electrons of Proteus, a completely psionic being and ripped him apart...but Diana is magically immune to that because muscles...His shields were able to hold up to the Phoenix and counter attack...but he can't do that to Diana. Right. Because smacking around a cosmic force on at least two separate occasions isn't clear evidence of him beating someone exceedingly more powerful than WW.

It's not as if her sword, shield, breastplate and tiara are made of metal. It isn't as if they are attached directly to vital parts of a body that has been shown to be succeptible to piercing attacks or anything like that.

She doesn't have the same kind of anything as Sentry. Their powers might work to similar physical results, but the way in which they work are completely different. Sentry is energy based, Diana is physically durable and wrapped in metal. Two entirely different things.

Thanks for reminding us of how wildly fluctuating Marvel treats the powerlevels of alot of their characters. Let me guess, if you went into most of these other characters forums and asked how valid Mag's fight with them were, most would be calling it a flaming pile of arse. And why do you bother with Rogue? The best she's ever managed was Carol Danvers who is quite a few levels beneath everyone else save Colossus.

And it isn't like Diana can outpace most of Marvel's speedsters either, so how he is actually goin to be able to do anything but die is a mystery to me.

Is he energy the same way Captain Marvel is magic, it's just the fuel they run on.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Manchine

@kitsune_kusanagi said:

@pooty

As soon as Mags saw Thor he run. So no you are not wrong. He just did that at the end to get rid of the shield.

@pooty said:
@xxxcarzellxxx said:

Thor has shaken the universe with a head butt. Hercules has supported the heavens. Yet, Magneto has repelled both of them against their will. His shields easily tanked the combined strength of Thor and She Hulk while fighting the entire avengers. In fact, Mags taunted Thor/She Hulks attack saying "Physical force cannot breach my shields". And that statement is true. I challenge you to show ANYONE breaking Mags shields through blunt force. Diana not breaking his shields.

Also Mags is throwing debris at them while he's in his forcefield proving AGAIN that he can attack from within his force field

No Caption Provided

Yep got to love a tanking a Half Powered Hela's Cursed Thor in this fight. Which is what this is from.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman(more often than not).

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Paytience

@outside_85 said:
@pooty said:

Read page.

Please dont try and bend words, you know damn well what it means in the context of what they are doing.

So do you mean to tell me you haven't read Morrisons X-Men run?

@paytience said:

Thanks for reminding us of how wildly fluctuating Marvel treats the powerlevels of alot of their characters.

So, we have established that he can do this then, good. But word...Marvel...fluctuate. Not like DC had to reboot it's entire continuity or anything though. Oh...yeah.

Let me guess, if you went into most of these other characters forums and asked how valid Mag's fight with them were, most would be calling it a flaming pile of arse.

Hmm...you prolly should have guessed that I would be less concerned with what is said in another character's forum, and more concerned with what the panel said. Because that would have been correct.

And why do you bother with Rogue? The best she's ever managed was Carol Danvers who is quite a few levels beneath everyone else save Colossus.

Oh...I'm sorry. She was there a couple of the times he was doing that to the others. I could post scans of Carol Danvers taking on the entire Spartax fleet, catching her ship as it Picard maneuvered in and out of hyperspace, and physically ripping through the hull of a planet busting ship that survived in the heart of Jupiter. But she isn't in this fight, so that would be irrelevant.

And it isn't like Diana can outpace most of Marvel's speedsters either, so how he is actually goin to be able to do anything but die is a mystery to me.

How many of their teleporters does she outpace? With Magneto the answer is: all of them. She's gonna have an EM Field wrapped around her before she even knows she is in a fight. How she is gonna be able to do anything but get diced to pieces by her own gear, I have no clue.

Is he energy the same way Captain Marvel is magic, it's just the fuel they run on.

Pretty sure he is more or less energy held in physical form psionically.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

So, we have established that he can do this then, good. But word...Marvel...fluctuate. Not like DC had to reboot it's entire continuity or anything though. Oh...yeah.

Hmm...you prolly should have guessed that I would be less concerned with what is said in another character's forum, and more concerned with what the panel said. Because that would have been correct.

Oh...I'm sorry. She was there a couple of the times he was doing that to the others. I could post scans of Carol Danvers taking on the entire Spartax fleet, catching her ship as it Picard maneuvered in and out of hyperspace, and physically ripping through the hull of a planet busting ship that survived in the heart of Jupiter. But she isn't in this fight, so that would be irrelevant.

How many of their teleporters does she outpace? With Magneto the answer is: all of them. She's gonna have an EM Field wrapped around her before she even knows she is in a fight. How she is gonna be able to do anything but get diced to pieces by her own gear, I have no clue.

Pretty sure he is more or less energy held in physical form psionically.

• No, we've established that the other characters appear conveniently depowered when faced with Magneto... who still failed to ultimately defeat the original X-Men in-spite of how powerful you like to think he is.
  • And likewise, I am less concerned with the beliefs of someone who's backing someone who low-balls his opponents.
  • Wow, so that puts her on the level of Starfire. And what are you trying to prove with Jupiter? It's a gas giant, not the Sun.
  • Well for starters; teleporters aren't speedsters, so yeah she does outpace most of them. And if you have no clue, do remember that Diana percieves and thinks at an accelerated rate, which makes her able to do stuff like this:
No Caption Provided

You are ofc welcome to postulate Mags can think faster, but considering she is doing this to a walking supercomputer, I highly doubt its the case before you post a scan of it.

• Even if he is, his punches are more often than not purely physical.
newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does mags shields have to do with anything if wonder woman can't get to him?. We know his shields can take hits from her and mags saying he couldn't take many hits from Thor doesn't really mean anything as we have seen him take plenty of hits from Thor and other characters with greater striking than ww. We have also seen mags throw Thor around like a rag doll so him even getting to mags is for plot....

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: he faces attacks that are instant so yes he can think and react faster. He also has no problems with speedsters....her speed won't be a problem... The only problem for mags is like I have said before, could he control her armor and weapons?. It seems like he could since mjlonir is more magical and blessed than they would be.....but if he can't she could do some damage with her lasso...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@outside_85: he faces attacks that are instant so yes he can think and react faster. He also has no problems with speedsters....her speed won't be a problem... The only problem for mags is like I have said before, could he control her armor and weapons?. It seems like he could since mjlonir is more magical and blessed than they would be.....but if he can't she could do some damage with her lasso...

Which attacks would these have been? Psionic? Because I seem to remember that helmet of his being very good at repelling those kinds of things.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: the helmet only protects him from being tp'd not from psy attacks and even without his helmet it took both jean and professor x to get through his mental shields... He sees the magnetic field and everyone and everything disturbs it and he has complete control over it,, that is why he an react to her.. If some how she doesn't disturb it then he wouldn't be able to see her or react...

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@outside_85: That scan you displayed of Diana roping Amazo-a construct with a computer swift mind and the COMBINED speed and reaction time of Superman and Diana-before the android could complete it's thought/sentence-was already willfully ignored when I mentioned it earlier. Not to mention, after being provided scans of Diana lifting mountains and meteorites, still stated they "would be waiting" to be shown such evidence.

I'm afraid you're going to need a lot of patience when conversing with someone so adept at playing the "Willfully Ignore Facts And Evidence" game.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Outside_85

@newecho said:

@outside_85: the helmet only protects him from being tp'd not from psy attacks and even without his helmet it took both jean and professor x to get through his mental shields...

He sees the magnetic field and everyone and everything disturbs it and he has complete control over it,, that is why he an react to her.. If some how she doesn't disturb it then he wouldn't be able to see her or react...

So Psylocke should be able to browbeat him easilly even when the helmet is on? Eh... no cigar, I dont believe it works that way.

So in your mind he would actually be able to catch individual bullets (bit like the Flash would) rather than, as he normally does, stop them Neo-style with a shield?

@outside_85: That scan you displayed of Diana roping Amazo-a construct with a computer swift mind and the COMBINED speed and reaction time of Superman and Diana-before the android could complete it's thought/sentence-was already willfully ignored when I mentioned it earlier. Not to mention, after being provided scans of Diana lifting mountains and meteorites, still stated they "would be waiting" to be shown such evidence.

I'm afraid you're going to need a lot of patience when conversing with someone so adept at playing the "Willfully Ignore Facts And Evidence" game.

I've had that feeling a for a while now... just seems no end to the amount of people lining up to low-ball Diana while talking Mags up to a different ballpark.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: what in the heck are you talking about?. Psylocke can use her psy daggers and jean or whomever can use their psi attacks on mags and the helmet has nothing to do with blocking those attacks... He has to block those with shields...tp and psy attacks are different... People who are strong tk users can use to attacks to no prevail against mags because of how powerful he is...

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: when characters use psi energy attacks, the helmet doesn't attract those attacks.He has to block them. When I was talking about instant attacks tho it was teleporters who I was referring to and again he reacts to speedsters too...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Read page.

I see what they are TRYING to do. No where does it state or imply that they succeeded. No where does it say "It's moving" or "We succeeded". No where

@manchine:Yep got to love a tanking a Half Powered Hela's Cursed Thor in this fight. Which is what this is from

False. Hela's curse had NO EFFECT on Thor's power level or strength.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@outside_85:

Read page.

I see what they are TRYING to do. No where does it state or imply that they succeeded. No where does it say "It's moving" or "We succeeded". No where

Read page.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@outside_85:

Read page.

Read page.

No where does it state or imply that they succeeded. No where does it say "It's moving" or "We succeeded". No where

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Everything you are asking for is on that scan I posted.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: the scan doesn't say the earth moved, it says batman already took into account the amount of what ever on the earths surface but either way it doesn't matter as there is no way to tell how much each of them is pulling. It doesn't matter that there is three peeps there when the feat is being done as the only thing we can ascertain is that it took all three of them to do it. The feat itself does not put an upper limit on any of the characters.

The amazo feat is also being misrepresented, as it just shows that amazo wasn't concentrating on reacting and the finishing of the sentence is irrevelent too as they aren't talking in fast motion. We know supes can react to her..

Again mags can react to instant teleportation and to speedsters so he will be able to react to her.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@outside_85:

Read page.

@manchine:Yep got to love a tanking a Half Powered Hela's Cursed Thor in this fight. Which is what this is from

False. Hela's curse had NO EFFECT on Thor's power level or strength.

You trying and fight with broken bones that don't heal and lets see how strong you are. So yes it does have an effect on the power level.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: The Curse did not depower Thor. No where is it stated or shown that his power was diminished. If I'm wrong then show your proof.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@outside_85: the scan doesn't say the earth moved, it says batman already took into account the amount of what ever on the earths surface but either way it doesn't matter as there is no way to tell how much each of them is pulling. It doesn't matter that there is three peeps there when the feat is being done as the only thing we can ascertain is that it took all three of them to do it. The feat itself does not put an upper limit on any of the characters.

The amazo feat is also being misrepresented, as it just shows that amazo wasn't concentrating on reacting and the finishing of the sentence is irrevelent too as they aren't talking in fast motion. We know supes can react to her..

Again mags can react to instant teleportation and to speedsters so he will be able to react to her.

You must be a special kind of dense if you think that. Either the Earth moved or it would have been diced into festive grated cheese.

No, it's just you who don't get it.

No he wont. And you haven't given us one shred of evidence to think otherwise.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: first I wasn't saying the earth didn't move, you said that it said everything it needed to say to pooty and I was just telling you that he was correct in his interpretation of the scan. I then basically said it didn't matter if it did move and actually gave reason why. I personally think it did move but again as I stated before it doesn't really matter..

Superman can react to ww so amazo with Superman's powers is a poor representation considering we know supes can react to her.

Mags has reacted to many teleporters. He has reacted to northstar and quicksilver to name a couple speedsters

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: @newecho: No the Earth would not have been diced like cheese. The scan NEVER says the Earth moved. But it DOES say that the Earths surface was protected

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By Outside_85

@newecho: When I was talking to Pooty, I was talking about a different scan. You are hanging onto the one with Earth on it, @Pooty is the one with the Spectre. The one with the Spectre has everything he needs to know.

Actually it makes it better, since I didn't think this version of Amazo had taken the powers of either Superman or Wonder Woman at that time. Plus we have it on paper as well that in a fight WW is faster than Superman, who may beat her in travel speed.

Again teleporters aren't speedsters, so they are mostly irrelevant for this, especially since many of them tend to announce when they are appearing and disappearing either through noise or effects. Yes and Quicksilver is quite a bit slower than just about all of DC's characters thats actually have superspeed as a power, so not a terribly good example. Neither is Northstar who has normal physical limits to how fast he can go before friction eventually kills him... oh and funny you should mention another fast guy who Wolverine killed :)

@pooty said:

@outside_85: @newecho: No the Earth would not have been diced like cheese. The scan NEVER says the Earth moved. But it DOES say that the Earths surface was protected

So in you mind the Earth is both indestructible and the lasso is basically just acting like an elastic band? Since we know for a fact that Superman at full tilt could go right through it if he wanted to.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: teleporters don't announce their presence except in cartoons. I apologize about confusing about the scan because I thought you guys were talking about the earth one...

Ok let's go this route.. Say ww can get to mags,, she isn't getting through his shields before he can control her with all that metal or the blood thing in her head. I also don't know if pulling would be the same as breaking his hold .. I don't know of many peeps who if mags has you then you could move...

Also someone may be able to explain that about the magnetic field and if you move then you disturb it and he can react to that instantly...