Wonder Woman vs. Lady Sif

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zeeguy91

Any version of Wonder Woman (Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New 52) vs. Lady Sif. Which one of these badass mythological maidens (I know, cheesy, but I wanted to go with a rumble theme) wins? I don't know. You tell me.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Emperorb777

Did Sif get a major upgrade? If not WW stomps they aren't in the same league.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

WW

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

WW

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@zeeguy91 said:

Any version of Wonder Woman (Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New 52) vs. Lady Sif. Which one of these badass mythological maidens (I know, cheesy, but I wanted to go with a rumble theme) wins? I don't know. You tell me.

yeah, you're right....you clearly don't know.....

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wonder Woman.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Sif gets gutted.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: Well, Sif is also a goddess with all the powers of an Asgardian. I also think that Wonder Woman would emerge as the winner, but it'd at least be a good fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Pre Crisis and Post Crisis versions of Wonder Woman absolutely slaughter Sif. New 52 version can beat Sif pretty easily as well.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

@ancient_0f_days: Well, Sif is also a goddess with all the powers of an Asgardian. I also think that Wonder Woman would emerge as the winner, but it'd at least be a good fight.

Sif being a "goddess with all the powers of an Asgardian" means literally nothing, I hope you understand. When you say "goddess", what does that actually mean, does it say anything about her strength? durability? speed? magical powers? No, it's a meaningless ambiguous statement that holds no water in the face of facts.

Wonder Woman moves, thinks and fights faster than the speed of light, so much so that she can block thousands of beams of light coming at her from every angle with only her arm bracers to protect her. Wonder Woman is strong enough to lift mountain sized ships with ease and pull about 1/3 of the earth's weight, as well as knock out Superman. She's durable enough to withstand blows from Superman and beings like Superman and recover quickly, she can withstand the might of the gods themselves when they collectively shot a fiery ball of magic at Wonder Woman who deflected it and forced it towards Olympus which was destroyed in the process. She has magical Silver Bracelets forged from Zeus's Aegis shield which contained a portion of his power, the bracers are indestructible, can create a magical barrier when crossed, and can channel Zeus's lightning for a projectile electrical attack that has killed an elder god and injured another. Wonder Woman's Golden Tiara is forged from the same magical material that was used to create the Sword of Hephaestus which was so sharp it could cut to a sub atomic level, it can split the electrons off of atoms meaning it can cut through virtually anything, the tiara is of the same caliber and can be used as a small melee weapon or as a boomerang since when it is thrown it always returns. Wonder Woman's unbreakable magic Lasso of Truth allows her some level of telepathic control over who ever touches it, those ensnared are immobile in most cases and are magically compelled to answer any question asked truthfully and completely, she also uses the lasso as a whip or brass knuckles and if it is in contact with the ground or an "earth" element, she can regenerate instantly. The lasso is strong and sharp enough to decapitate strong foes.

So, you tell me just how "powerful" Sif is, tell me how her being a "goddess" measures up to what I just presented, what her "Asgardian" heritage holds in comparison to Wonder Woman's abilities ..... This is a mismatch and a curbstomp in Wonder Woman's favor until proven otherwise, you should educate yourself on who exactly you are putting in these battles before making mismatches like this.

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW wtf curbstomp.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rolldestroyer

wonder woman stomps

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn

Wonder Woman should win here pretty easy...

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@zeeguy91 said:

I'm sorry, but what has Sif done that is in Wonder Woman's league of strength, speed, durability, etc? With the exception of Odin, Thor, Loki and Hela many of the Asgardian Gods wouldn't survive in DC.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zeeguy91

@ancient_0f_days: @evil_incarnate: JESUS! You guys mind not attacking me. Its just a f*cking battle hypothetical. Calm down, nerds.

And god/goddess means that a character inherently has supernatural abilities such as superhuman strength. Sif can lift at least 25 tons, is trained in hand-to-hand combat, and has a sword that allows her to traverse dimensions. And now, she also has the boosted strength given to her by the Berserker Incantation. I'm not saying she would win. I'm just saying it would be a good fight.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

@ancient_0f_days: @evil_incarnate: JESUS! You guys mind not attacking me. Its just a f*cking battle hypothetical. Calm down, nerds.

Where exactly did I attack you? You're the one verbally attacking us right now for pointing out your careless and ignorant mistake, you're the one who needs to calm down, using caps, offensive language, insults....who needs to calm down? You need to calm down, and the fact that you can't respond like an intelligent human being, means you don't belong here.

You're as much of a nerd as us for even being a member on the site, so, right back at ya, bro....

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@zeeguy91 said:

Setting aside the hilarity of calling people nerds while posting on a comic book forum, I do believe that all they're doing is asking you to justify your belief that Sif can give Wonder Woman a good fight with examples of things Sif has actually done that rival the things Wonder Woman has done. It's a fair enough request, so be a sweetheart and oblige us nerds?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

And god/goddess means that a character inherently has supernatural abilities such as superhuman strength. Sif can lift at least 25 tons, is trained in hand-to-hand combat, and has a sword that allows her to traverse dimensions. And now, she also has the boosted strength given to her by the Berserker Incantation. I'm not saying she would win. I'm just saying it would be a good fight.

Wonder Woman is literally millions of times stronger than Sif. That's not even an exaggeration. Proceed with your explanation of how this is supposed to be a good fight.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

Well for one Diana is more in the Millions of tons range as she's helped pull the earth, has a natural resistance to magic as she's a creature of it, is much faster and much more durable than Sif. It wouldn't be a good battle as it would be a stomp in Wonder Woman's favor.

With that aside let's focus on your emotional outbursts. You signed up to a comic book forum, but somehow consider others whom are here as well as "nerds", which would make you?

Secondly you then quoted a member to make a statement and then when that member and myself correct/question you on it you act like a child. Grow up.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeeguy91

@zeeguy91 said:

Setting aside the hilarity of calling people nerds while posting on a comic book forum, I do believe that all they're doing is asking you to justify your belief that Sif can give Wonder Woman a good fight with examples of things Sif has actually done that rival the things Wonder Woman has done. It's a fair enough request, so be a sweetheart and oblige us nerds?

I already updated my comment to give a description of Sif's powers and why I think she'd at least be a good match for WW.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@zeeguy91 said:

@citizenbane said:

@zeeguy91 said:

I already updated my comment to give a description of Sif's powers and why I think she'd at least be a good match for WW.

I noticed; your update is thoroughly inadequate. Firstly, Sif is closer to 50 tons than 25; and Wonder Woman, as previously mentioned by yours truly, is literally millions of times stronger. Wonder Woman is also a master of combat, having recently humiliated Supergirl (someone who, again, is millions of times stronger than Sif), with her skills. Kindly provide a more adequate and/or accurate explanation for why this is supposedly a decent match-up. This one fails in every regard.

Or, you know, if you have no idea whether this is a good match-up or not beyond a vague feeling based on inaccurate perceptions of the characters involved, continue whining about how the nerds are picking on you. Decisions decisions decisions.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

@citizenbane said:

@zeeguy91 said:

I noticed; your update is thoroughly inadequate. Firstly, Sif is closer to 50 tons than 25; and Wonder Woman, as previously mentioned by yours truly, is literally millions of times stronger. Wonder Woman is also a master of combat, having recently humiliated Supergirl (someone who, again, is millions of times stronger than Sif), with her skills. Kindly provide a more adequate and/or accurate explanation for why this is supposedly a decent match-up. This one fails in every regard.

Or, you know, if you have no idea whether this is a good match-up or not beyond a vague feeling based on inaccurate perceptions of the characters involved, continue whining about how the nerds are picking on you. Decisions decisions decisions.

I think most people especially the newer ones create threads because one character reminds them of another and I can see the similarity between these two, but their levels are on completely different scales.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zeeguy91

With that aside let's focus on your emotional outbursts. You signed up to a comic book forum, but somehow consider others whom are here as well as "nerds", which would make you?

Secondly you then quoted a member to make a statement and then when that member and myself correct/question you on it you act like a child. Grow up.

Um, actually, I'm really not acting emotional. The fact that people apparently believe its so outrageous that I would pair up Wonder Woman and Sif is just ridiculous. Its a stupid battle hypothetical, just for the fun of it. Yet, apparently, I didn't realize how "serious" this all was. I apologize for my sheer ignorance. :eyeroll:

And, yeah, I said nerds with the knowledge that I am a nerd. I'm just telling you to calm down. Apparently, the fact that you'd have such an adverse reaction to a simple statement shows me that I'm not the one who needs to grow up; you are.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@zeeguy91 said:

@ancient_0f_days: Excuse me?? I don't belong here?? The fact that you're trying to belittle me just proves that you're just an uptight prick. As if you could actually pass judgement on whether I should be a member of this site or not. And, yeah, who got all offended and bothered that I dared match up Wonder Woman vs. Sif? Yeah, you were. This was just meant to be a fun little hypothetical, but in typical uptight prick fashion, you've taken it way too seriously. So, again, calm down, nerd.

Yeah you clearly don't belong here, and it's not me passing judgement, it's the site itself, if you read the rules then you'd know this my fellow nerd....shall I elaborate?

Watch Your Language (and Attitude)

Just like the rest of the site, the Battle Forum is “Kid Friendly”. This means no cursing and no name calling. And while there’s no strict rule against having an attitude or being a jerk, if you can’t discuss something without throwing insults you probably shouldn’t try. The attitude thing extends into being a gracious winner or loser. If, after a long debate, you find that your position has withstood all attacks against it while the opposition’s hasn’t, there’s no need to be obnoxious about it. If it turns out that you were wrong the whole time, don’t get mad, just accept it. These things really aren’t important enough to get bent out of shape over. (And when the time comes that you’ve switched positions, you won’t want someone being obnoxious because they “beat” you or acting like a child because they “lost”.)

Insulting Users.

Insulting other users in any shape or form is not debating and will follow with a warning from the mods. Comicvine is a friendly site and we will enforce this rule to make sure it stays this way, if you can not debate civilly then this site is not the place for you. If the debate is getting heated walk away and alert a mod, do not insult back as this will just lead to you getting a warning as well.

So far, I'm a nerd and an uptight prick, you've used foul language, you've been blatantly hypocritical and overall rude and immature, so once again, who needs to calm down? I mean, you say that as if you can see my facial expressions, which you obviously can't so you're just talking nonsense and using personal insults since you were asked what your reasoning was and clearly couldn't deliver, obviously you were offended and now you are just deflecting since you clearly don't know what else to do.....so yeah, you don't belong here.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

@evil_incarnate said:

Um, actually, I'm really not acting emotional. The fact that people apparently believe its so outrageous that I would pair up Wonder Woman and Sif is just ridiculous. Its a stupid battle hypothetical, just for the fun of it. Yet, apparently, I didn't realize how "serious" this all was. I apologize for my sheer ignorance. :eyeroll:

And, yeah, I said nerds with the knowledge that I am a nerd. I'm just telling you to calm down. Apparently, the fact that you'd have such an adverse reaction to a simple statement shows me that I'm not the one who needs to grow up; you are.

Many people people when they hear the word emotional especially men think of crying and sadness and push that on as more of a "woman thing", but sadness isn't the only emotion on the spectrum anger for one is an emotion and that's what you're displaying. So I stand by my original comment.

Furthermore no one except you said that this was serious. You came to a battle discussion board, posted a thread and are upset that someone asked you to prove your point. An honest question to you please point out in my original post to you where I either insulted, degraded or made it seem as if this battle was serious?

@zeeguy91 said:

I'm sorry, but what has Sif done that is in Wonder Woman's league of strength, speed, durability, etc? With the exception of Odin, Thor, Loki and Hela many of the Asgardian Gods wouldn't survive in DC.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate: I think he mistook us as being so serious cus we didn't just spew some one word answer and put lol at the end.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@evil_incarnate: I think he mistook us as being so serious cus we didn't just spew some one word answer and put lol at the end.

I've been finding a lot of hostility when it comes to the newer members as it seems like nearly anything will set them off. He/She literally quoted you to give an opinion on your post and then you responded and were met with insults instead of explanations.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@evil_incarnate said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

I've been finding a lot of hostility when it comes to the newer members as it seems like nearly anything will set them off. He/She literally quoted you to give an opinion on your post and then you responded and were met with insults instead of explanations.

It's a simple tactic really, this shows that they feel they been either upstaged, out preformed, cornered, shot down, intimidated.....when absolutely nothing of the sort happened, basically its just a show of insecurity, immaturity, imbalance, arrogance and/or ignorance to the truth. He didn't know that Wonder Woman was so powerful and the fact that I made a paragraph of it and you questioned him also probably intimidated him a bit, dash of embarrassment and he had to puff up his chest, jump to a conclusion and call us nerds to look cool in the mirror. He's a typical bully who apparently has something against well spoken, blunt and straightforward speakers/typists .... since he couldn't formulate a coherent response and didn't want to look like a j@ck@ss, he got some feelings over it and felt the need to over compensate, deflect, curse, etc .... he even accused you of having an "adverse reaction" which was actually his own personal feelings being deflected back on you since he wanted you to be the irrational one so he could look in the mirror and say, "I'm not mad, they're mad".... but, I digress .... it was a sorry sight either way though

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

It's a simple tactic really, this shows that they feel they been either upstaged, out preformed, cornered, shot down, intimidated.....when absolutely nothing of the sort happened, basically its just a show of insecurity, immaturity, imbalance, arrogance and/or ignorance to the truth. He didn't know that Wonder Woman was so powerful and the fact that I made a paragraph of it and you questioned him also probably intimidated him a bit, dash of embarrassment and he had to puff up his chest, jump to a conclusion and call us nerds to look cool in the mirror. He's a typical bully who apparently has something against well spoken, blunt and straightforward speakers/typists .... since he couldn't formulate a coherent response and didn't want to look like a j@ck@ss, he got some feelings over it and felt the need to over compensate, deflect, curse, etc .... he even accused you of having an "adverse reaction" which was actually his own personal feelings being deflected back on you since he wanted you to be the irrational one so he could look in the mirror and say, "I'm not mad, they're mad".... but, I digress .... it was a sorry sight either way though

I suggest we all forget about it and stop mentioning it as I feel no good will come of it.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zeeguy91

@ancient_0f_days said:

@citizenbane:

@zeeguy91 said:

@citizenbane said:

@zeeguy91 said:

@zeeguy91 said:

@evil_incarnate said:

Many people people when they hear the word emotional especially men think of crying and sadness and push that on as more of a "woman thing", but sadness isn't the only emotion on the spectrum anger for one is an emotion and that's what you're displaying. So I stand by my original comment.

Furthermore no one except you said that this was serious. You came to a battle discussion board, posted a thread and are upset that someone asked you to prove your point. An honest question to you please point out in my original post to you where I either insulted, degraded or made it seem as if this battle was serious?

@evil_incarnate said:

@zeeguy91 said:

A: I'm not new. B: I'm not upset that people are asking me to prove my point. I'm upset with the tone. As if I don't know what I'm talking about and that I've committed some sort of sacrilege by pairing these two characters up against each other. This was honestly meant to be for fun, but some of the comments show me that none of you really know how not to take things too seriously. But, you know what, instead of being goaded into an argument, I'm just gonna walk away, because at the end of the day, I'm smart enough to know when its not worth it.

But, as a leaving remark, I don't appreciate your condescending tone. So please, grow up and realize that you're conversing with an actual person.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

A: I'm not new. B: I'm not upset that people are asking me to prove my point. I'm upset with the tone. As if I don't know what I'm talking about and that I've committed some sort of sacrilege by pairing these two characters up against each other. This was honestly meant to be for fun, but some of the comments show me that none of you really know how not to take things too seriously. But, you know what, instead of being goaded into an argument, I'm just gonna walk away, because at the end of the day, I'm smart enough to know when its not worth it.

But, as a leaving remark, I don't appreciate your condescending tone. So please, grow up and realize that you're conversing with an actual person.

Concession accepted. Thanks for sharing :)

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

Concession accepted. Thanks for sharing :)

beat me to it....(-_-)

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers