Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alak

FIGHT SET-UP (PLEASE READ FIRST)

• Pre-52 incarnations
  • Wonder Woman is de-powered (limited to max female human strength, durability, and speed feats)
  • No equipment for either combatant (they fight in training clothes)
  • Fight takes place in the UFC Octagon
  • Hand-to-Hand only
  • Fight ends when one fighter gets knocked out, submitted, or killed
  • This will be their first fight with one another
  • Both get a 1 year preparatory period. Batman coaches WW and Cheetah coaches Shiva.

Who do you guys think will come out on top as the better fighter? Batman himself has acknowledged that both women are superior to him in melee combat. Both have been raised since childhood as practitioners of two different, but effective, styles of fighting. I think it would be pretty close.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

It would be very close indeed. However I believe Shiva would come out on top.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Shiva wrecks.

And I don't know why Cheetah of all people is training her; Shiva can train herself for a year and still come out on top.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason why I included coaches is so that the fighter can get some insight on her opponent. Both Batman and Cheetah are worse than their trainees, but are considered to be rivals of the combatants' respective opponents. Therefore, they can give helpful tips based on past experiences in order to reduce the chance of being surprised in the ring. I could have just said that both fighters have full knowledge of one another, but I preferred to keep a little bit of uncertainty for the sake of entertainment. Otherwise, I think it would've been too close to call.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

Batman isn't worse than his trainee by any definition of the word. Wonder Woman has never done anything to suggest she is remotely on Batman's level. The only thing that supports that statement is some nonsense from McDuffie.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you got this idea from Batman vs Iron Man thread.

I say Shiva.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

I hope you got this idea from Batman vs Iron Man thread.

I say Shiva.

Nah, it was something that was on my mind. I tried to look it up but no results came up from the search function that answered my question. So, I decided to just ask the community :-)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Shiva easily.

I don't see why does she need training at all and especially from Cheetah.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman isn't worse than his trainee by any definition of the word. Wonder Woman has never done anything to suggest she is remotely on Batman's level. The only thing that supports that statement is some nonsense from McDuffie.

I agree.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Wonder Woman is good but shouldn't be put at Shiva's level. Not many people are.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana is skilled but Shiva is significantly more skilled and should be the victor here.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva ftw

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigcimmerian

Shiva kills her.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva stomps.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with judging WW's h2h skills is that when her force stops and her skill start. For example, she beat Artemis in the last WW issue, and she did it with her skill and cunning. Artemis is extremely powerful and has fought for thousands of years. Now how you judge that compared to a normal person taking down a full squadron of soldiers of something like that?

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Theorder14

@snascimento:

well, experience only get you so far, it depends. i know of a character that only had around 20 years combat experience and he easily won against some1 with thousands years of experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva wrecks Wonder Woman

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shiva is the better H2H combatant.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am also yet to see a h2h feat that proves Wonder Woman to be on Batmans level.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RBT

@THEOCITYLEGEND There are none.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alak

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! Looks like this fight is a lot more one-sided than I thought it would be. What actually surprised me the most is how people also seem to unanimously agree on that WW is not up to par with Batman in terms of fighting skill. I recall reading a 3-year old battle thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/no-powers-batman-vs-wonder-woman-523706/

Back then, it seemed like the opinion was fairly divided. Therefore, I assumed WW vs. Shiva would be a close match. Looks like public view has changed a lot since the creation of that topic. Again, thanks to everyone who took the time to give a response!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gokuwarrior

@rbt:wonder woman without powers have defeated low level monsters,and other stuff so i think this isn't as one-sided as some people think,shiva would win but i don't think is a stomp.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@enzeru: Then got promptly shoved into a trunk....

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva wins pretty easily she is capable of fighting batman who has shown to give wonder woman a decent fight even with her powers without them I really don't see this lasting very long.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:wonder woman without powers have defeated low level monsters,and other stuff so i think this isn't as one-sided as some people think,shiva would win but i don't think is a stomp.

It kind of is. Even depowered Wonder Woman you're talking about is an amazon. They are way stronger than humans. Limiting her to human strength would get her in a lots of trouble. She would loose to most of the bat family. Shiva is way too much.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Shiva in my opinion.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru: I'm just saying, Slade woke up in some dudes car after he tried to fight Wonder Woman....it is what it is

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wonder Woman has shown sufficient speed and ability to block bullets with no powers.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gokuwarrior

@rbt:i just think that some people underestimates wonder woman's skills,i don't think this is a stomp,specially if the fightig skills that she showed in the late 60s are still considered part of the character standard,but some post crisis skills.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

training with the JL.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

training with batman.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

without powers.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

shiva wins easy

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Experio

Shiva.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if Bats can take Wonder Woman...Shiva definitely has this.

Avatar image for worlds_only_dc_fan
Worlds_only_DC_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Deathstroke once stated in a videogame "Amazons are an obsolete race with predictable tactics."

-Deathstroke Injustice

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@worlds_only_dc_fan said:

As Deathstroke once stated in a videogame "Amazons are an obsolete race with predictable tactics."

-Deathstroke Injustice

Half of the way Deathstroke fights is to get people riled up by throwing insults like that around.

Anyways I will say Diana takes this through a mix of existing skill and determination, she will benefit the most from her teacher whom she already matches, and she is still peak human condition and shes the sort of character that will keep going until she is unconscious or dead. And (sadly perhaps) Shiva is a character thats more scary on paper than she is on page, sometimes we get to see glimmers of how good she is but quite a few times we see her defeated to help the story (like having some girl smash a chair over her head).

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

##

@worlds_only_dc_fan said:

-Deathstroke Injustice

Half of the way Deathstroke fights is to get people riled up by throwing insults like that around.

Anyways I will say Diana takes this through a mix of existing skill and determination, she will benefit the most from her teacher whom she already matches, and she is still peak human condition and shes the sort of character that will keep going until she is unconscious or dead. And (sadly perhaps) Shiva is a character thats more scary on paper than she is on page, sometimes we get to see glimmers of how good she is but quite a few times we see her defeated to help the story (like having some girl smash a chair over her head).

i agree, sadly lady shiva Pre-New 52 got beaten to many times, for someone that should be invencible!...i understand that DC can't have villains beating heroes to often, but they could have shiva beating black canary, and at some point in the fight canary using her bird call for the win...or shiva beating batman, and Batman using one of his gadgets fo the win...this would be "good writting"

i like the way new 52 lady shiva is being writted, she already defeated both Batman and robin (dick grayson) at the same time, on Nightwing zero year

and on Nightwing #13 i think, she beat nightwing after a good fight

i just hope DC continues to write lady shiva properly...and they could / should bring back cassandra cain...since shiva is now to young to be her mother, she could be her older sister, or something

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman for me. She has proven that even without power, her skills and training and smart fighter...she can crack Lady Shiva

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Lvenger

Shiva stomps. Diana has some pretty good skill feats, it's true but Shiva has stalemated a master of 127 martial arts styles and been involved in the retraining of said master. That alone is above what Diana can do in terms of skill.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

Shiva stomps. Diana has some pretty good skill feats, it's true but Shiva has stalemated a master of 127 martial arts styles and been involved in the retraining of said master. That alone is above what Diana can do in terms of skill.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

She did pretty well in the above scan, since the unmentioned master can only be Batman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

She did pretty well in the above scan, since the unmentioned master can only be Batman.

The above scan doesn't take into account the sheer extent of feats and showings Batman has against far more skilled opponents than Wonder Woman and even Shiva at times. What do you expect, he's DC's most popular character now so he can get more feats in his fights and that's the case here. Batman has way more and better skill feats than Diana yet Shiva always does well against Batman. Aside from in Public Enemies but that was Loeb writing the fight so what do you expect?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing2Lose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva is formidable, but Diana's martial training extends back to her childhood (like Leonidas in 300) and incorporates several styles, as well. Besides, I imagine sparring with Batman and other hand-to-hand combatants in the JLA have taught her how to be flexible and to account for differences in style. I do not mean to be contrary with many well-articulated opinions, but Wonder Woman wins it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Outside_85

@lvenger said:

The above scan doesn't take into account the sheer extent of feats and showings Batman has against far more skilled opponents than Wonder Woman and even Shiva at times. What do you expect, he's DC's most popular character now so he can get more feats in his fights and that's the case here. Batman has way more and better skill feats than Diana yet Shiva always does well against Batman. Aside from in Public Enemies but that was Loeb writing the fight so what do you expect?

I have to say that 'doesnt take into account of stuff that happened else where at some other time' isn't a very good argument, but only because it's ignoring whats actually happening on the page.

But I agree that if Batman wasn't busy multitasking several phone-calls at the same time, he might have done better, but I wonder how much considering that it's pretty much how he is always working. I also agree that Diana may not have the sheer amount of 'skill feats' Batman has, primarily because skills is all Batman has besides toys and Diana's foes tend to need less skill than brute force.

Fact however is that Diana, even when depowered, can kick a huge amount of ass with her skills (as Black Canary testied, who is also considered one of the greatest fighters within DC). What gets in the way of them really showing however is her colossal amount of strength and speed.

As for Shiva, yes she may, in the right hands, do well against Batman and loose because he's more popular. But her problem is also that her reputation sets her up as a target for someone to knock down to prove something; Like Drake not being super stupid, that she might be too focused on a target (Catwoman) at times, or Huntress being tougher than everyone thinks... and Cass Cain being well on the way to super MA stardom just from carrying Shiva's genes.