• 63 results
#1 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League clash with the Justice League of America in Metropolis, its time for the JLA members to go after their targets.

VS

Wonder Woman doesn't have any prep time, but Katana does. Katana was told that she will be going toe to toe with Dina, shes had months to learn her fighting style, and to find weaknesses.

Shes seen this video over a 100 times.

Location They will be fighting in Metropolis, night time.

Weapons

Wonder Woman

1. Her Sword
  2. Lasso of Truth
  3. Wonder Womans Bracelets

Katana

1. Her soultaker sword [has various mystic properties]
  2. shuriken
  3. dagger
  4. caltrops

Keep in mind, before saying who wins read their CV wiki's to learn more. Under powers and abilities!

Wonder Woman "Although she is immune to radiation and the coldness of space, piercing weapons and hot temperatures can have an effect on her." under Invulnerability

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (13289 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by Dextersinister (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read Katana but so far there is only one issue so I doubt she has a chance against Wonder Woman who they've confirmed is on par with Supergirl in physical stat's but proceeded to dominate the fight with superior skill.

#4 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: It's Wonder Woman, you typed Supergirl. I think Katana sword and skill could make her a candidate for fighting WW, but we'll see...

#5 Posted by 18hunt (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Haven't read Katana but so far there is only one issue so I doubt she has a chance against Wonder Woman who they've confirmed is on par with Supergirl in physical stat's but proceeded to dominate the fight with superior skill.

#6 Posted by laflux (16806 posts) - - Show Bio

Equalize the stats and we have more of a fight.

#7 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman would MOST certeinly win. Except Johns is going to write it that she won't.

#8 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Do you mean the prep? It makes sense because JLA is going have to take out JL if or when it comes down to it. So while JLA is saving lives for the public, there going to be training on how to fight the JL in secret.

#9 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#10 Posted by ImmortalOne (3495 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman's far superior stats take this.

#11 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

Wonder Woman's far superior stats take this.

This in a nutshell

#12 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

Still no votes for Katana, its understandable though.

#13 Posted by tensor (4641 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless katana has some super powers in that sword or super powers in general, i do not see how she wins this battle.

#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22204 posts) - - Show Bio

WW i dont see katana winning at all

#15 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman stomps katana. She is more skilled and superior in every way. Why was this thread made? I suggest you look on their wiki and see why they are SO different in power levels.

#16 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: The sword has various mystic properties which give it unique capacities. First off it is nearly indestructible, coming into contact with high impacts and not receiving any damage. It is also able to cleave through most material's with amazing ease, its mystical sharpness never ebbing.

When a certain ritual of magic is preformed than the wielder can also physically manifest these souls in corporal states and temporarily command them to do her/his bidding. Katana is extremely skilled with all of the swords capacity's while in combat. Katana wiki under Powers and Abilities

I think her sword can do damage on WW because its really sharp, also she knows how to use it. She might have a chance, we'll see.

#17 Posted by bloggerboy (611 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#18 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash: This thread was made because of the recent events in JLA. If you read a little about Katana or WW you can see why Katana was chosen to go toe to toe with Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman is vulnerable to weapons, especially sharp ones like Katana's sword. If Geoff is planning on giving Katana a huge amount of prep time, that will help Katana a lot. Which I think will happen. But I'm not saying Katana is going to win. It just depends on how good Katana is with a blade.

If Katana had a kryptonite sword who would win her or Superman? lol my point is they're both good with a sword, but the edge goes to WW for super strength. It also depends a lot on skill, guys!

#19 Edited by Dextersinister (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@Dextersinister: It's Wonder Woman, you typed Supergirl. I think Katana sword and skill could make her a candidate for fighting WW, but we'll see...

Yes I typed that N52 WW has the stat's of a female Kryptonian along with the skills of a highly trained warrior, they may have paired them off but I can't see this character beating her. Even if her sword could cut her like butter she still has to contend with the speed and incredible strength.

#20 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

She has unparalleled stealth that some of the world's best have not been able to match. She is a great leader and has a brilliant tactical mind, being able to tell others how to use their powers to the fullest in any situation. Her agility, speed, and reaction timing are faster than a normal humans and she is a great acrobat. Katana wiki under Power and Abilities

We know shes really fast, but I do doubt shes as fast as WW. But I'd love to see a cool sword fight between them.

#21 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Do you think they could have had a better opponent?

#22 Posted by charlieboy (7165 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really see how Katana can fight Wonder Woman. Wondy's speed alone is going to crush Katana.

#23 Posted by Nefarious (21268 posts) - - Show Bio

Katana has done nothing to put her on Wonder Woman's level. 

#24 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22204 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

Don't know

#25 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Katana was thrashed by Batman.

Why shouldn't Wonder Woman do the same???

#26 Posted by robertloucksjr (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

WW in a stomp. Too fast and strong, though I don't consider her at a Kryptonian level physically, for Katana and probably more skilled as well.

#27 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@Nightflash: This thread was made because of the recent events in JLA. If you read a little about Katana or WW you can see why Katana was chosen to go toe to toe with Wonder Woman.

Yes that one got my attention, as did Vibe vs Flash.

#28 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderwoman given there is no pis wins. Katana has no prep feats new 52, either in her own issue (theres only been one) or in Birds of prey, so the prep time is meaningless. She also hasn't fought anyone near as tough as wonderwoman, I mean she needed batgirls and black canaries help to take down a talon.

#29 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

yes her name is maxima.

#30 Posted by charlieboy (7165 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Wonder Woman just went head to head with Supergirl. I don't see who Katana is a contender.

#31 Posted by ccraft (5389 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingsloth: maybe she wan't written to her full potential in Birds of Prey

#32 Posted by Omnicrono (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

Off hand I would say Wonder Woman. I'm going to look into this a little deeper though. Interesting battle. Kudos! :)

#33 Edited by Immortal777 (7672 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch WW stomps the only way Katana could win is if she had prep out the @ss and WW was depowered.

#34 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: Wonder Woman is above Supergirl physical stat's,she's on par because of the bracelets that inhibits its powers,so it does not goes berserker. Diana was able to beat a true godess

#35 Edited by Outside_85 (9542 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, all that prep is pretty much useless if Katana only gets to carry some pointy objects in the hope they might make a difference. Because all it will take is one hit from Diana and Katana will be either dead or dying, and if I am not mistaken, Katana has taken quite a few hits from slower opponents.

Also, I dont know where Waller gets her info, but so far I have never seen Katana being a contender for a podium finish in the deadliest assassin competition (Deathstroke however is, and so should Lady Shiva).

#36 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@kingsloth: maybe she wan't written to her full potential in Birds of Prey

Even if her full potential is on par with deathstrokes, its not. Lets be honest wonderwoman stomps deathstroke.

#37 Posted by Dextersinister (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I don't think the bracelets off is going to be a thing outside of her main title, being on par with a Krpytonian is more than good enough.

#38 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, easily

#39 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: Wrong and wrong,will be demonstrated someday....Johns already is relating ''his'' Wonder Woman,with the main title and the the main title defines her powers. This isn't nearly good,Diana is a demigodess can't be compared to her,again she isn't on par even Supergirl noticed

#40 Posted by Dextersinister (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: He was talking about the story which has been in it's own little world from the rest of the DC universe, the bracelets coming off was a story telling device to explain why she could now beat her siblings.

Take into account that this is just my 2 cents the bracelets coming off feels unnecessary as a power up they will most likely ignore it in the JL and just have her as strong without. They have the option to use it but I just have a feeling that they won't.

#41 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@ccraft said:

Yes that one got my attention, as did Vibe vs Flash.

I honestly feel that she's the closest they have to Wonder Woman on their squad, but even with that without PIS/CIS there's no true way for Katana to legitimately win a match against Diana even on her off day. This is a slaughterhouse stomp.

#42 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: It's wasn't a power up since she's Zeus daughter,she has portion of his powers..this isn't a plot explanation. Now what Hephaestus did with the bracelets,make capable to summon swords,was pure plot. why would Azzarelo write a main title?? just to have his ideas ignored by other writers??

#43 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate: Yes DC has some explaining do to

#44 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@Evil Incarnate: Yes DC has some explaining do to

Honestly they probably just wanted to keep it girl on girl.

#45 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate:

Yeah, but still, they could have had a better choice, why not dig up Maxima or Big Barta or someone from Wildstorm/Vertigo/Milestone? Heck, I'd settle from someone new or dare I say ... someone rented from Marvel (j/k loving the "marvel now" relaunch)

#46 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@Evil Incarnate:

Yeah, but still, they could have had a better choice, why not dig up Maxima or Big Barta or someone from Wildstorm/Vertigo/Milestone? Heck, I'd settle from someone new or dare I say ... someone rented from Marvel (j/k loving the "marvel now" relaunch)

It would have been too far of a stretch. Why dig up an old character or one that hasn't made an appearance yet just to fight Wonder Woman? Then again why they're pitting two superhero teams against one another is another weird concept. It's whatever though I'll still read it for a good chuckle.

#47 Posted by Dextersinister (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Dextersinister: It's wasn't a power up since she's Zeus daughter,she has portion of his powers..this isn't a plot explanation. Now what Hephaestus did with the bracelets,make capable to summon swords,was pure plot. why would Azzarelo write a main title?? just to have his ideas ignored by other writers??

There are countless examples where writers have ignored the ideas of others and it's commonly accepted that the JL act differently in their own titles, all I'm trying to say is that I doubt they will use the bracelet thing for a power up in the JL when they can simply write her with the strength they need her to have, if the incorporate the idea then there going to need to explain why she doesn't do it all the time when they are having trouble.

Neither you or I can say if they will use it I just think that they probably won't

#48 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: And I still think they will. How can we understand (I think), each continues with his own opinion .. but Supergirl is not nearly to her physical stats,beside that she gets some major solar charging

#49 Posted by Dextersinister (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: That was my point it's merely an opinion based on my genre savviness.

#50 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: :)