#1 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

Erza Saber Soi Fon

Vs

Fight to Death(s)

All Bloodlust

All in Most modern Forms

No Prep

Team or Wonder Woman

Soi Fon Start off in shikai (bankai allowed)

#2 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Soi Fon only needs two hits to kill someone, so blood-lusted, the team should have this.

#3 Posted by Evil Incarnate (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

None of the team is fast nor durable enough to attempt fighting Diana. She beats the team, but then makes them honorary Amazons.

#4 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

Yyyyeah, Diana is at least lightspeed. This team is only in the hypersonic ranges. And Soi-Fon's attack only works if her reiatsu is equal to or stronger than her targets. It didn't work on Aizen because his was greater than hers.

#5 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Soi Fon's Shikai is far more impressive (and dangerous) than her own Bankai. At least IMO.

I don't know much about Erza, and so far, even if impressive, Saber is nowhere near WW's level of speed, strength or durability. Soi Fon though, is actually pretty fast, and most Captains in general are quite durable, and since all it takes are two hits in the same spot, for me Team has a chance.

#6 Posted by YoungChief (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Well with Wonder Woman bloodlusted you might as well have made the team start off dead

#7 Posted by Evil Incarnate (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief said:

Well with Wonder Woman bloodlusted you might as well have made the team start off dead

QFT

#8 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief said:

Agreed

#9 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, as bad as it is, Pan from GT is stronger than those three combined. Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo would do infinitely better. Even Kurohime can knock out more power than this team put together. It's not even that these three aren't tough, but most people only know characters from mainstream anime in the last 5yrs or so. Almost no one really looks around.

#10 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Yeah I know female characters like that but if put them In a thread all i'd get''ummm who is that''

#11 Posted by beautifulrevery (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Honestly, as bad as it is, Pan from GT is stronger than those three combined. Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo would do infinitely better. Even Kurohime can knock out more power than this team put together. It's not even that these three aren't tough, but most people only know characters from mainstream anime in the last 5yrs or so. Almost no one really looks around.

I can agree with all of this statement. And

@YoungChief said:

This one too

#12 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones said:

@reikai: Yeah I know female characters like that but if put them In a thread all i'd get''ummm who is that''

It's what I call "Educating the Masses". I mean you look around and it's all DBZ or Darkseid and Thanos and Superman. Gotta give people a kick in the pants and introduce them to things they're not much aware of. Only way people'll learn about all the cool things.

Frankly, Anime/Manga as a whole has tons better stories than anything DC/Marvel has come up with since their inception. And I guess that mainly has to do with the Finality of Anime/Manga. Unlike most comics, these things have an Ending to them. Which means that, for the most part, the storytelling needs to be good.
#13 Edited by dngn4774 (3499 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Let's not pretend Anime doesn't has it's flaws as well. One of them being that in most manga the heroes never really seem to use anything besides raw battle prowess to defeat their opponents. Also, whenever there is a new villain all of the supporting characters turn into gimps and only the main hero can fight back to a stalemate. Then, even after the hero gets stalemated or defeated in the initial conflict they receive a plot induced power up and win. Finally a new villain shows up with a slightly different back story and the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

#14 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, Soi Fon is as cute as they come but... :(

#15 Posted by cooljammy18 (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

@reikai: Let's not pretend Anime doesn't has it's flaws as well. One of them being that in most manga the heroes never really seem to use anything besides raw battle prowess to defeat their opponents. Also, whenever there is a new villain all of the supporting characters turn into gimps and only the main hero can fight back to a stalemate. Then, even after the hero gets stalemated or defeated in the initial conflict they receive a plot induced power up and win. Finally a new villain shows up with a slightly different back story and the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

Yup, sounds like DBZ and Bleach in a nutshell.

#16 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Dude One Word: SEINEN. READ IT, LOVE IT, AWE AT IT

#17 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio
@dngn4774 said:

You don't have much experience with the genre do you? That's DBZ talk. Should try Berserk. Gutts wins, but gets wrecked often and goes to the point he acquires friends and allies if just to remain sane, and they become invaluable to both him and the story. Even despite the fact his enemy is essentially the equivalent of a God manipulating the world.

There are a number of series that aren't even about good or evil or super power explosive planet-destroying battles. "Black Lagoon" is an excellent example of everything wrong with the world and a group of people who're far from honest just doing what they can to live, work and survive from day to day. Having awesome gun fights though doesn't hurt.

Tenchi Muyo was actually pretty good for its time, and it wasn't about the fact Tenchi was absurdly powerful. It was about all these crazily powerful individuals all trying to live a Normal Life, despite the apparent craziness of it all.

And then you have works done by Miyazaki, which're simply brilliant. They are more about courage and honesty, love and sadness and more emotional things. A girl trying to save her parents in a crazy magical world (Spirited Away). A boy seeking to cleanse a curse and understand the will of the forest gods, who meets a girl raised by wolves and fights to protect life (Princess Mononoke).

On other things, we also have the series where it ends in self-sacrifice. The hero or heroine dies, doing all they can to protect everything. Madoka Magicka is one such example. Even the Witchblade Anime, where Masane uses all the power she has to release the souls of the dead made into weapons and to show even the Witchblade itself the warm of a mothers love and take them with her as she dies. All of this after reuniting the girl she raised as her own daughter with her biological father who did everything he could for them both.

There are far more wonderous things in Anime/Manga than most realize, mostly because they're too lazy to get out and look. Sure, there will be crap series. There will always be such things that just nauseate you. "Oh Edo Rocket" wasn't exactly my cup of sake`, but even I enjoyed some parts of it.
#18 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@dngn4774 said:

You don't have much experience with the genre do you? That's DBZ talk. Should try Berserk. Gutts wins, but gets wrecked often and goes to the point he acquires friends and allies if just to remain sane, and they become invaluable to both him and the story. Even despite the fact his enemy is essentially the equivalent of a God manipulating the world.

There are a number of series that aren't even about good or evil or super power explosive planet-destroying battles. "Black Lagoon" is an excellent example of everything wrong with the world and a group of people who're far from honest just doing what they can to live, work and survive from day to day. Having awesome gun fights though doesn't hurt.

Tenchi Muyo was actually pretty good for its time, and it wasn't about the fact Tenchi was absurdly powerful. It was about all these crazily powerful individuals all trying to live a Normal Life, despite the apparent craziness of it all.

And then you have works done by Miyazaki, which're simply brilliant. They are more about courage and honesty, love and sadness and more emotional things. A girl trying to save her parents in a crazy magical world (Spirited Away). A boy seeking to cleanse a curse and understand the will of the forest gods, who meets a girl raised by wolves and fights to protect life (Princess Mononoke).

On other things, we also have the series where it ends in self-sacrifice. The hero or heroine dies, doing all they can to protect everything. Madoka Magicka is one such example. Even the Witchblade Anime, where Masane uses all the power she has to release the souls of the dead made into weapons and to show even the Witchblade itself the warm of a mothers love and take them with her as she dies. All of this after reuniting the girl she raised as her own daughter with her biological father who did everything he could for them both.

There are far more wonderous things in Anime/Manga than most realize, mostly because they're too lazy to get out and look. Sure, there will be crap series. There will always be such things that just nauseate you. "Oh Edo Rocket" wasn't exactly my cup of sake`, but even I enjoyed some parts of it.

DUDE I was gonna watch that for the first time tomorrow *sigh* I guess i'll still enjoy the visuals.

#19 Posted by BlackWind (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Sounds like DBZ.

#20 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh if you're going to watch Witchblade for anythin it'll be Masane's big bouncin titties. 

Even with spoilers, watch it anyway. It's really great.
#21 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@cooljammy18 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Sounds like DBZ.

DBZ

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Bleach

Code Breaker

and Fairy Tail

GOD Does Fairy Tail does it

#22 Posted by BlackWind (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones: NAKAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNHHHHHHHHHHH

#23 Posted by Nefarious (22869 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman stomps.

#24 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: I just dropped it 2 week ago I just couldn't take it anymore second manga I had ever dropped first was Code Breaker.

#25 Posted by dngn4774 (3499 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Those were definitely the to main ones I focused on when I wrote that. Most of SJ titles do that (probably not One piece as much though).

@reikai: I know that not all anime are over the top action mangas but those are the most frequently discussed ones on this site, and that particular sub genre cuts just as many corners as marvel and dc do.

Furthermore, Miyazaki is in a league of his own when it comes to story telling. The man could probably make an insurance commercial win an emmy if he needed to.

#26 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finished watching Xam'd of Lost Memories. Never even heard of it before yesterday. I just picked it to watch at random from an anime site. And I gotta say it was really interesting and enjoyable, and the main character didn't become some super-power omnipotent being. It more into the Journey of finding oneself than it did fighting.

Sometimes just pointing at something at random can help you find something good. Another series I really liked was Spice&Wolf. It was touching, heartfelt and humorous. And nothing about it was about being insanely powerful. It was far more grounded and, for me, ranks among my favorite series.

But no matter how you look at things, Anime/Manga as a whole has just so much more to it than Western Comics do. Fewer restrictions and more freedom to the creators. They can do much more than just continue to add to a never-ending story like with DC/Marvel and other companies. It's that freedom that gives Anime/Manga such a broad perspective and the ability to tell stories that will have an end to them, regardless of whether or not the ending was good. 

But the end of one project does begin the start of a new one. It allows them to create more than just one series, and if something is well received and liked, it can be expanded with a new story for a time.

And amidst some things, you'll find little gems, or series done by a group of Directors who just wanted to give the finger to the companies and do something completely random on their own, either just to blow off steam or to just do something crazy for the sheer fun of it. That's how we got things like FLCL and Excel Saga.

#27 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

WonderWoman stomps, in any case I agree with Rekai. Need to start seeing some HxH or Medaka Box battles here.

#28 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch FMA: Brotherhood, or read the FMA manga.... be amazed at the awesomeness....

That manga/anime beats any storytelling I've seen from Marvel/DC to date (even Kingdom Come)

#29 Edited by XImpossibruX (5250 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we all forgetting DBZ was created decades back as a parody Action/Comedy....? Why is anyone else expecting deep storyline??

It didn't get most popular Shonen anime with dark childhood flashbacks, it was alot of yelling and grunting. DBZ was created for just action, and not much different then alot of comics today.

I recommend School days, great ending on that one.

#30 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@cooljammy18 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Sounds like DBZ.

DBZ

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Bleach

Code Breaker

and Fairy Tail

GOD Does Fairy Tail does it

Sounds like most comics in a nutshell....

And Code: Breaker usually relies on superior battle tactics and intelligence over sheer power. At least in the manga, I actually enjoy some of the ridiculous and clever shenanigans the author throws in there.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#31 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: School Days

Why...Just Why

#32 Posted by XImpossibruX (5250 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: School Days

Why...Just Why

Bitches be crazy.

#33 Posted by Evil Incarnate (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure why half the people here are whining over which is better between manga and comics. It's not as if they're all the same. You guys are more than welcome to like more than one thing.

#34 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate:no one whining they're just talking about how only 3 or 4 anime get used on this site

#35 Edited by Theorder14 (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, if ur reading shonen jumps then u have to expect power ups,  there's alot of great anime like  *when they cry* and *when the seagulls cry*

anyways, i think ppl are rly underestimating Saber here, she clearly have the stats to fight ww and normal weapons and guns doesn't work on her unlike on Wonder woman, (didn't arrows and bullets pierce her skin?) 

heck, if Saber have Excalibur and Avalon, i would even say she could solo this. 

ps; this isn't the injustice version ,right?

#36 Posted by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate:no one whining they're just talking about how only 3 or 4 anime get used on this site

Honestly, what do you expect? The main ones used are Shonen because they are the most popular. Naruto, Dragonball Z, One Piece, etc get more exposure in the States than others, I'd like to see more diverse anime battles, but thems are da breakz.
#37 Posted by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio
@dngn4774:  

@cooljammy18 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Those were definitely the to main ones I focused on when I wrote that. Most of SJ titles do that (probably not One piece as much though).  

Naruto really doesn't do it either. I mean they have the "boy with a mysterious power in him" Shonen trope, but as for characters just standing around waiting for the main character to show up, it's pretty good at not doing that, heck, most of the time Naruto wasn't even in the great battles....until Shippuden came alone...sigh.
#38 Posted by Phylos (2675 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief said:

#39 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8766 posts) - - Show Bio

wonderwoman wins

#40 Posted by dngn4774 (3499 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@dngn4774:

@cooljammy18 said:

@dngn4774 said:

Naruto really doesn't do it either. I mean they have the "boy with a mysterious power in him" Shonen trope, but as for characters just standing around waiting for the main character to show up, it's pretty good at not doing that, heck, most of the time Naruto wasn't even in the great battles....until Shippuden came alone...sigh.

Naruto does it too but it's on a much more reasonable level than DBZ or Bleach. It took naruto and sasuke years of training to get their powerups. Even the quicker ones (sage mode, Kyuubi control and EMS) seemed to be written in a way that made sense to the readers.

DBZ gives away some of the most ridiculous power ups that are almost insulting to the reader's intelligence. Fusion earrings/dances, a hyperbollic time chamber, and if the writers get lazy they can just throw in an extra ssj transformation without any real explanation. One of the worst power ups was in GT when Vegeta got an SSJ4 transformation from being shot with a laser full of Blutz Waves (it was the Dragon Ball equivalent of Jedi midichlorians).

I'm not even commenting much on Bleach since Ichigo always gets sickening favoritism from Kubo (even for a main character). The Captains or consistently underrated, even the vice captains are bad ass but get mistreated, and after the first arc his closest friends have become gimps (especially Sado; poor, poor Chad).

sorry for dragging your thread off topic. I'll try not to do that any more. Anyways I think Soi Fon is the only real threat on the team so I'd give the edge to Wonder Woman since you gave her bloodlust.

#41 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Part 2 doesn't really abuse itas nearly as much people say it does

@dngn4774: what worst is when Ichigo gets a power up it's always a power up that would take a normal reaper a lot of time

It's Like: Oh you need Shikai,It take decades to master syke you'll learn it in few hours

Oh You Need a Bankai, It only takes HUNDREDS of years of training SYKE youll learn it in a Week

You'll Reaper powers aren't enough SCREW IT YUZ GET HOLLOW POWAH!!

Oh you need another Powerup hmmm okay go into the hyboli-I mean Zanpactuto to unlock you final baknai that give you a the enough power to make Azien ,You know that guy who justed Soloed 10 captains,look like a chump

You know what have one more power Up that you really didn't need but hey I want you to look like Vincent from FF7\\

Also the Fighting go though the Same thing

Ichigo goes against a villain Villain Wins

Second Time Ichigo With their own power Ichigo Wins

#42 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones: WW clears

this is manga/anime's WW and she is superior to the athenian (more powerful than DB)

#43 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Sailor Moon (series) would do alot of damage to the DC universe

#44 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

Serena by EoS with power from the other Sailor Senshi was a galaxy-level figure with FTL speed if I'm not mistaken. DB beats them in actual fighting skill.

#45 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: they got hax though

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones: Nothing the higher ups can't handle though

#46 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if we go by Kanzenshuu, Perfect Cell and SS2 Gohan had system-busting power. SS3 Goku is 5x that. So, multi-system busting, same with Majin Buu and Mystic Gohan tops that. SS Gogeta and Vegitto could be considered galaxy level. Would make sense for the game "What If's" given he's the only one matching Brolly in them who is a galaxy-buster. Until he went LSS3 and then everyone just surrendered.

Anywya, should still wait for the movie in 8 days before rezzing year old threads.

#47 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Yyyyeah, Diana is at least lightspeed. This team is only in the hypersonic ranges. And Soi-Fon's attack only works if her reiatsu is equal to or stronger than her targets. It didn't work on Aizen because his was greater than hers.

i don't see, what has your last point to do with this, Diana's reiatsu is of a normal human, because her powers are physical not spiritual. she will have trouble breathing around Soi Fon, let alone fight her. also this is a team work, it's true that Diana far exceed everybody in speed, durability, strength... but with team work, ithink they can have a chance, Soi Fon just need to hit quickly 2 times the same place, it doesn't matter if it hurt her or not, just touch her 2 times

#48 Posted by reikai (4660 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh, Diana is made from magic clay and empowered with the abilities of several gods. Her 'reiatsu' wouldn't be a human level. And that's Pre-52 Diana.

#49 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones: one of the greatest animes of nowadays, is Gintama. i recommend you to watch it. it has too much action, nice stories, comedy, and coolness

TOO MUCH COOLNESS

#50 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones: one of the greatest animes of nowadays, is Gintama. i recommend you to watch it. it has too much action, nice stories, comedy, and coolness

TOO MUCH COOLNESS

Been watching it for years now, one of my faves