I vote WW, barda scares me

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

if Barda has her "Cosmic Rod" (snigger) I give it to her... if not then this is Wonder Woman's fight

M

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the creator

Wonder Woman for the win.

She is far stronger, has faster reactions, can fly and her bracelets and shield will protect her from Barda's weapons.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

The_Creator says:

"Wonder Woman for the win.She is far stronger, has faster reactions, can fly and her bracelets and shield will protect her from Barda's weapons."

she couldn't hold up to the cosmic rod in... damnit, can't remember the issue lol, but Barda was basically hitting WW with a continent's worth of weight on her bracelets, the bracelets survived but WW caved...

M

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Forever

Methos says:

"she couldn't hold up to the cosmic rod in... damnit, can't remember the issue lol, but Barda was basically hitting WW with a continent's worth of weight on her bracelets, the bracelets survived but WW caved... M"

After taking the first hit like that, you would think she would use her substantial quickness advantage and dodge any blow Barda tried to land. Maybe even deflect some, to avoid taking the full brunt of the attack and to also manuever Barda into destroying something that will fall on top of her or swing wildly enough that WW can use multiple counter attacks to take Barda down.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Barda has the capability to fly as well (discs) I'm not sure who wins, but I think Barda is being underestimated. Her Apocolyptic armor boosts her strength, and with her ability to phase and the fact she was trained from birth to be a member of Darkseid's personal guard, I think she can give Wonder Woman a run for her money.
Post Edited:2008-02-06 14:10:25

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Barda is a powerhouse.She wins...

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Barda has the capability to fly as well (discs) I'm not sure who wins, but I think Barda is being underestimated. Her Apocolyptic armor boosts her strength, and with her ability to phase and the fact she was trained from birth to be a member of Darkseid's personal guard, I think she can give Wonder Woman a run for her money.
Post Edited:2008-02-06 14:10:25"

I agree that this would be a very close fight but I see WW winning. If you were doing them in a how many out of ten system, I see WW winning the majority but Barda having a very good showing in collecting some wins.

Methos says:

"i doubt Barda could kill WW... but i think she could defeat her... does that make sense? M"

That makes complete sense to me.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator

Methos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Wonder Woman for the win. She is far stronger, has faster reactions, can fly and her bracelets and shield will protect her from Barda's weapons."
she couldn't hold up to the cosmic rod in... damnit, can't remember the issue lol, but Barda was basically hitting WW with a continent's worth of weight on her bracelets, the bracelets survived but WW caved... M"

That's were the reactions and flight come in.

With the amount of damage that WW can deliver in 1 blow from the sword with her strength, it would likely cut Barda in 2. The flight speed and reaction speed almost guarantee WW to get the fist hit in.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Final Arrow

Barda for me , She once walked into a pool of lava and had a fight , That is hardcore!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

i doubt Barda could kill WW... but i think she could defeat her...

does that make sense?

M

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By King_Saturn

I think Barda would win. Wonder Woman is strong but I think Barda may be a little too much in a fight.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Forever

King Saturn says:

"I think Barda would win. Wonder Woman is strong but I think Barda may be a little too much in a fight."

Why? What exactly about her would make her too much?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn

Forever says:

"King Saturn says:
"I think Barda would win. Wonder Woman is strong but I think Barda may be a little too much in a fight."
Why? What exactly about her would make her too much?"

I think many of these facts that Gambler has already stated. But I dont think Barda could actually kill Diana but she could beat her.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Forever

King Saturn says:

"I think many of these facts that Gambler has already stated. But I dont think Barda could actually kill Diana but she could beat her."

Ok. The training is probably a wash as both are highly trained. The strength boost at most allows her to come close to Wonder Woman's strength, though the Rod definitely helps in making her attacks very potent. I already pointed out a way that Wonder Woman could counter that though.

Barda's relying on the disks to fly and that would just make them a target for the considerably quicker Wonder Woman and once they were destroyed or Barda was separated from them, Barda could have a pretty nice fall on her hands.

I agree that it wouldn't be an easy fight and that Barda definitely could beat her, but Wonder Woman's the more likely victor.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn

Forever says:

"King Saturn says:
"I think many of these facts that Gambler has already stated. But I dont think Barda could actually kill Diana but she could beat her."
Ok. The training is probably a wash as both are highly trained. The strength boost at most allows her to come close to Wonder Woman's strength, though the Rod definitely helps in making her attacks very potent. I already pointed out a way that Wonder Woman could counter that though. Barda's relying on the disks to fly and that would just make them a target for the considerably quicker Wonder Woman and once they were destroyed or Barda was separated from them, Barda could have a pretty nice fall on her hands. I agree that it wouldn't be an easy fight and that Barda definitely could beat her, but Wonder Woman's the more likely victor."

Good Point Forever. But really this fight is so close it could go either way.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

King Saturn says:

"Good Point Forever. But really this fight is so close it could go either way."

Youre quite possibly right. Everything depends on just how much of a speed advantage Wonder Woman has. Everything else being held equal, which is the case here, any single difference becomes huge. If they have similar durability, fighting skills, experience, strength and intelligence, but one is ten times faster than the other one, then you know who will win. So the speed difference is what makes Wonder Woman the more likely winner for me. Just how much more likely she is to win depends on just how great that speed difference is.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeSAW

Bump

Barda for the win

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Zoom

I think Wonder Woman wins.

Don't get me wrong, Barda's good but Wonder Woman's just a tad better in my book.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Static Shock  Online
Vance Astro said:
"

Barda is a powerhouse.She wins...

"

SeSAW said:
"Bump

Barda for the win"

Wonder Woman wins. And, besides, shes already beaten Barda in H2H combat, making her give up....
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeSAW said:
"Bump

Barda for the win"
SeSAW has spoken.

Wonder Woman wins.
Mind_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Mind_Games

Big Barda and wonder woman both have supe strength but wonder woman never gives up and i think is more skilled then barda so WW wins o ya.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By never give up
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"SeSAW said:
"Bump

Barda for the win"
SeSAW has spoken.

Wonder Woman wins."
lol.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By NightFang3

Are you kidding me, Wonder Woman wins.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Forever said:
"

King Saturn says:

"Good Point Forever. But really this fight is so close it could go either way."

Youre quite possibly right. Everything depends on just how much of a speed advantage Wonder Woman has. Everything else being held equal, which is the case here, any single difference becomes huge. If they have similar durability, fighting skills, experience, strength and intelligence, but one is ten times faster than the other one, then you know who will win. So the speed difference is what makes Wonder Woman the more likely winner for me. Just how much more likely she is to win depends on just how great that speed difference is.

"
You're absolutely correct. I'm not 100% sure on Bardas reaction speed, would she be able to perceive WW while she's moving at full speed? All it takes is one little slash from that sword...
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zoom
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"SeSAW said:
"Bump

Barda for the win"
SeSAW has spoken.

Wonder Woman wins."

*claps*
Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kentaxx

If Barda has weapons., WW loses

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Kentaxx said:
" If Barda has weapons., WW loses "
How come? Just curious (in the OP I gave WW her shield and sword)
Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kentaxx

I think shes better with weapons then WW is
WW is a better h2h fighter though so if they were unarmed I would give it to her

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Kentaxx said:
"WW is a better h2h fighter though so if they were unarmed I would give it to her "
Wonder Woman is just as skilled in unarmed combat as she is in armed combat. She's an Amazonian, and trained to be just as skilled.
Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kentaxx

Yeah but Barda usually fights with weapons though
We dont really see WW fight with weapons that much, in fact I dont think I have ever seen here fight with weapons outside Trinity

Thats why I think Barda is better with weapons

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Kentaxx said:
" Yeah but Barda usually fights with weapons thoughWe dont really see WW fight with weapons that much, in fact I dont think I have ever seen here fight with weapons outside TrinityThats why I think Barda is better with weapons "
I dont believe Barda is anymore skilled with a weapon then WW. WW uses weapons all the time in her own title. Always has. She's even fought Superman with a shield and sword before in his solo series.
Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kentaxx

Was that the same fight where Supes cracked her sword?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Kentaxx said:
" Yeah but Barda usually fights with weapons though. We dont really see WW fight with weapons that much, in fact I dont think I have ever seen here fight with weapons outside TrinityThats why I think Barda is better with weapons "
She fights with weapons because she feels like it. We don't see Wonder Woman do the same (even though she has used them plenty) because she feels as if she doesn't always have a need for them and she has several superhuman abilities to do the job. Just because she doesn't use them as much as Barda doesn't mean Barda is better with them.  A perfect example is the display she put on with a sword against Medusa recently in her ongoing title. She fought Medusa with a sword while her back was turned, and I think she used other things as a weapon while her back was turned to Medusa's face. Never seen Barda fight in that manner.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Kentaxx said:
" Was that the same fight where Supes cracked her sword? "
With his own blood, yeah. (great scene)
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Gambler said:
"With his own blood, yeah. (great scene) "
Wonder how he did that. The sword was enchanted. O_o
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Static Shock said:
"
@Gambler said:
Wonder how he did that. The sword was enchanted. O_o "
Its a big misconception that Superman cant do anything against magic. Its a weakness sure, but depending on the strength its a weakness he can and has overcome. (this was before the whole immunity to magic thing too).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Hmmm...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Also, one could point out that its the base of the sword he shatters, and not the blade itself.

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kentaxx
@Gambler said:
"
@Static Shock said:
"
@Gambler said:
Wonder how he did that. The sword was enchanted. O_o "
Its a big misconception that Superman cant do anything against magic. Its a weakness sure, but depending on the strength its a weakness he can and has overcome. (this was before the whole immunity to magic thing too).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
"
Thats ridiculous...I can understand cracking it if he punched it, but with a drop of blood? And that isnt an ordinary sword either...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Kentaxx said:
"Thats ridiculous...I can understand cracking it if he punched it, but with a drop of blood? And that isnt an ordinary sword either... "
Superman has superhuman strength. The outcome would be the same if it was a penny.
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is a cold fight, Barda is likely  WW's closest opponent as far as female heroes go in the DCU. Her strenght, endurance, and speed are comparable (Much like Orion to Kal-El) and the same can be said of her skills. It's a close fight, BB has better offensive weapons (Apokalips weaponry and her Cosmic Rod) but i think Diana's bracelets trump her defensively. WW is supposed to be better at H2H but not by a very wide margin. I think the biggest factor is that WW seems to have a slight speed advantage, and in a fight this close i think that will win her the majority.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zoom

Superman is so badass sometimes.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silver2467

Bump. 

Wonder Woman should win this. Barda has incredible strength, rivaling Wonder Woman's strength, as well as durability that can also rival her. Her stamina should be nigh inexhaustible, as Wonder Woman's is as well. Barda has her discs that allow her to fly; however, based on showings and feats, I would say that Wonder Woman has greater flight speed and maneuverability. As far as reflexes, I would have to give that to Wonder Woman also. She's been able to react to attacks to a Starro possessed Flash. Barda's speed and reflexes will be an obstacle and are in no way to be underestimated, but I do believe Wonder Woman surpasses her in that area. Barda's Mega Rod could very devastating also. Her energy attacks and simply striking power with it could very well be difficult for Wonder Woman. However, given Wonder Woman's reflexes, she should be able to deflect the attacks and, if need be, create her force field from her bracelets to protect herself further. In combat skill, Wonder Woman should be slightly superior as well. Wonder Woman's lightning emission could also be devastating to Barda. Barda of course could avoid that attack, but if Wonder Woman can manage to connect it, she could do serious damage to Barda. Also, if Diana can manage to get her lasso around Barda, she will be severely advantageous for Wonder Woman. She could use it to restrain Barda and allow for easily connect blows, as well as possibly create illusions in Barda's mind (although that is not commonly used by Wonder Woman and, thus, not very likely to happen). Regardless, wrapping her lasso around Barda would make matters much easier for Wonder Woman. However, the difficulty will arise in managing that. Barda will not make it easy for Wonder Woman to get her lasso around her. All the same though, given Wonder Woman's arguably greater speed and combat skill and her bracelets, I would give the victory in this fight to Wonder Woman even without her shield and broadsword. She should be able to claim victory over Barda with only her lasso, bracelets, and tiara at her disposal. It will be a very difficult and drawn out fight, but, once again, even if Wonder Woman does not have additional weaponry to use, Wonder Woman would win this after a hard fight. 

Jake Blues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jake Blues
@Silver2467 said:
"Bump.  Wonder Woman should win this. Barda has incredible strength, rivaling Wonder Woman's strength, as well as durability that can also rival her. Her stamina should be nigh inexhaustible, as Wonder Woman's is as well. Barda has her discs that allow her to fly; however, based on showings and feats, I would say that Wonder Woman has greater flight speed and maneuverability. As far as reflexes, I would have to give that to Wonder Woman also. She's been able to react to attacks to a Starro possessed Flash. Barda's speed and reflexes will be an obstacle and are in no way to be underestimated, but I do believe Wonder Woman surpasses her in that area. Barda's Mega Rod could very devastating also. Her energy attacks and simply striking power with it could very well be difficult for Wonder Woman. However, given Wonder Woman's reflexes, she should be able to deflect the attacks and, if need be, create her force field from her bracelets to protect herself further. In combat skill, Wonder Woman should be slightly superior as well. Wonder Woman's lightning emission could also be devastating to Barda. Barda of course could avoid that attack, but if Wonder Woman can manage to connect it, she could do serious damage to Barda. Also, if Diana can manage to get her lasso around Barda, she will be severely advantageous for Wonder Woman. She could use it to restrain Barda and allow for easily connect blows, as well as possibly create illusions in Barda's mind (although that is not commonly used by Wonder Woman and, thus, not very likely to happen). Regardless, wrapping her lasso around Barda would make matters much easier for Wonder Woman. However, the difficulty will arise in managing that. Barda will not make it easy for Wonder Woman to get her lasso around her. All the same though, given Wonder Woman's arguably greater speed and combat skill and her bracelets, I would give the victory in this fight to Wonder Woman even without her shield and broadsword. She should be able to claim victory over Barda with only her lasso, bracelets, and tiara at her disposal. It will be a very difficult and drawn out fight, but, once again, even if Wonder Woman does not have additional weaponry to use, Wonder Woman would win this after a hard fight.  "

I agree with this. For the sake of thinking about it however what if they were Naked, had no weapons, and it was in an Un breakable cage match, then who would win?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock  Online

I'm wondering why this was bumped. Wonder Woman already defeated her in battle.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock said:
" I'm wondering why this was bumped. Wonder Woman already defeated her in battle. "
Sorry. I just wanted to give my input. There was disagreement in this thread about who would win, although it did seem to lean more toward Wonder Woman at the end. Sorry about that. 
manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By manx422

WW

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers